TheStrategyLab.com Price Action Trading Support Forum

Forum for price action traders that want to learn WRB Analysis basic tutorial chapters 1, 2 and 3 prior to purchasing our advance trade methods. Hashtags: #wrbanalysis #wrbzone #wrbhiddengap #priceaction #trading
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: August 25th Friday Trade Results - Profits $1937.50
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:51 pm 
Site Admin

Trade Results of M.A. Perry
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
TheStrategyLab Price Action Trading (no technical indicators)
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
wrbtrader (more info about me): http://www.thestrategylab.com/wrbtrader.htm
Free Chat Room: http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164
Archive Real-Time Chat Logs (timestamp, entries/exits, position size): http://www.thestrategylab.com/ftchat/forum/viewforum.php?f=20
Accolades (Testimonials): http://www.thestrategylab.com/Accolades.htm
TheStrategyLab Reviews: http://www.thestrategylab.com/thestrategylab-reviews.htm
Price Action Trading: http://www.thestrategylab.com/price-action-trading.htm
TheStrategyLab Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
wrbanalysis@gmail.com (24/7)
Stocktwits @ http://stocktwits.com/wrbtrader (24/7)
Twitter @ http://twitter.com/wrbtrader (24/7)

Attachment:
082517-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-PnL-Blotter-Profit+1937.50.png
082517-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-PnL-Blotter-Profit+1937.50.png [ 95.69 KiB | Viewed 261 times ]

click on the above image to view today's performance verification

Price Action Trade Performance for Today: Emini TF ($TF_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Emini ES ($ES_F) futures @ $1937.50 dollars or +38.75 points, Light Crude Oil CL ($CL_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Gold GC ($GC_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points and EuroFX 6E ($6E_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.0000 ticks. Total Profit @ $1937.50 dollars

Disclaimer: Today's trading performance is not an indication of my future performance and not an indication of the future performance for any trader that decides to learn/apply WRB Analysis.

Russell 2000 Emini RTY Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup (formerly as TF @ The ICE)
S&P 500 Emini ES Futures: 1 tick or 0.25 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Light Crude Oil CL (WTI) Futures: 1 tick or 0.01 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Gold GC Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
EuroFX 6E Futures: 1 tick or 0.0001 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup

Today's Trade Log: All of my live trades are posted real-time in the timestamp ##TheStrategyLab free chat room via the user name wrbtrader for anyone to do a real-time review. The live trade is posted 3.2 seconds on average after the trade confirmation via an auto script to minimize delays in posting of my trades. You can review today's price action trade journal about my trades (e.g. time, price entry, contract size, price exit, market analysis) as the trade traversed to its completion. In addition, sometimes I'll post real-time trading tips in the free ##TheStrategyLab chat room involving WRBs, WRB Hidden GAPs, Key Market Events (KME), Tutorial Chapters 2 & 3, WRB Zones, Reaction Highs/Lows, Contracting Volatility or Expanding Volatility even though the free chat room is not design to be an education chat room because the education is only performed at the forums in the private threads. Its all archived @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/ftchat/forum/viewtopic.php?f=170&t=2631

Image ##TheStrategyLab Chat Room is free. The free chat room is not a signal calling trading room. I do not mentor (never have) although I get many requests to do mentoring. There is education but only in members private threads at the forum involving members asking questions (help) about their own trading. Thus, the primary purpose of TheStrategyLab free chat room is for you to use as your trade journal so that you can use as valuable feedback and for members to help each other...as in more eyes on the market. In addition, we highly recommend that you use the free chat room with a professional trade journal software like tradebench.com, edgewonk.com, tradervue.com, tradingdiarypro.com, stocktickr.com, journalsqrd.com, tradingdiary.pro, mxprofit.com or trademetria.com because they can provide you with the quantitative statistical analysis of your trading. You can then download your results and post them in your private thread at the forum. Also, you can use TheStrategyLab free chat room to ask real-time WRB Analysis questions. Yet, please do not post your brokerage statements in the free chat room. Instead, its highly recommended that you only post your brokerage statements in your private thread for security reasons. TheStrategyLab free chat room is on IRC via users request because the IRC servers are located in many different countries, software in many different languages, many different mobile apps and many different types of social media software can be used to log in. I'm the moderator of the free chat room via the user name wrbtrader. Thus, I keep the peace between members without hesitation in removing trouble makers so that members can peacefully post their market observations, trades, WRB Analysis commentary about the markets without being trolled.

TheStrategyLab free chat room is not for traders looking for someone to hold their hands and tell them when to buy or sell. TheStrategyLab is for you to post your real-time analysis or trades so that you can review as feedback for any trading day to provide valuable information about the results in your broker statements. Access instructions for chat room @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164

Quote:
All of my real-time posted trades involves price action concepts from the WRB Analysis free study guide, Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 4 - 12 and the Volatility Trading Report (VTR) trade signal strategies. Analysis -----> Trade Signals

Also, posted below for you to review are direct links to information about my price action trade methodology and trading plan (there's a difference between the two) that enables me to identify key trading areas in the price action that represent changes in supply/demand and volatility along with being able to exploit these changes via WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis). I'm primarily a day trader because it suits my personal lifestyle but I do occasionally swing trade and position trade. Simply, my trade method is applicable for position trading, swing trading and day trading.

Image Price Action Analysis via Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/WRBAnalysisTutorials.htm and there's a free study guide of the WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1, 2 and 3 @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=718

Analysis -----> Trade Signals

Image Trade Signal Strategies via Volatility Trading Report (VTR) @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/VolatilityTrading.htm and there's a free trade signal strategy @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=89 so that you can freely test drive one of our price action trade strategies with support (answering your questions) prior to purchasing the Volatility Trading Report (VTR). All WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1 - 12 are included in the purchase of the Volatility Trading Report (VTR).

Image Daily Trading Plan Routine @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=327&t=3486 contains brief information about trading plan, market context, brokers, trading time frames, position size management and other discussions.

-----------------------------

Market Context Summaries

The below summaries by Bloomberg, Briefing, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance helps me to do a quick review of the fundamentals, FED/ECB/BOE/IMF actions or any important global economic events (e.g. Eurozone, MarketWatch.com) that had an impact on today's price action in many trading instruments I monitor during the trading day. Simply, I'm a strong believer that key market events causes key changes in supply/demand and volatility resulting in trade opportunities (swing points and strong continuation price actions) that reach profit targets. Thus, I pay attention to these key market events, intermarket analysis (e.g. Forex EurUsd, EuroFX 6E futures, Gold GC futures, Light Crude Oil (WTI) CL & Brent Oil futures, Eurex DAX futures, Euronext FTSE100 futures, Emini ES futures, Emini TF futures, Treasury ZB futures and U.S. Dollar Index futures) while using WRB Analysis from one trade to the next trade to give me the market context for price action trading before the appearance of my technical analysis trade signals. Therefore, I maintain these archives for easy review to allow me to understand what was happening on any given trading day in the past involving key market events to help better understand my trade decisions (day trading, swing trading, position trading)...something I can not get from my broker PnL statements alone. Further, most financial websites remove (delete) their archives after a few years to make room for new content. Therefore, I maintain my own archives of the news content so that I have it available for me when financial websites no longer archives their content.

Attachment:
082517-Key-Price-Action-Markets.png
082517-Key-Price-Action-Markets.png [ 1.04 MiB | Viewed 252 times ]

click on the above image to view today's price action of key markets

04:30PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Investors pushed the stock market modestly higher on Friday to end a largely positive week on a positive note. The S&P 500 and the Dow added 0.2% and 0.1%, respectively, while the tech-heavy Nasdaq underperformed, shedding 0.1%. For the week, the S&P 500 added 0.7%.

Arguably the most-anticipated events of the week--Friday speeches from Fed Chair Janet Yellen and ECB President Mario Draghi--turned out to be nonevents as the two central bankers provided the market with little to no new information.

Ms. Yellen praised the Fed's regulatory efforts while Mr. Draghi spoke in favor of open trade and argued for raising potential output growth, which was received as dovish. The two central bankers delivered their speeches at the annual Jackson Hole Symposium, which will wrap up on Saturday.

The U.S. Dollar Index (92.49, -0.74, -0.8%) moved sharply lower following the speeches, ending the day at its lowest level since January 2015. Meanwhile, U.S. Treasuries finished mostly higher; the 10-yr yield dropped three basis points to 2.17% while the 2-yr yield settled flat at 1.33%.

In the equity market, nine of the eleven sectors finished Friday in positive territory, but gains were modest for the most part. The telecom services group (+0.8%) showed relative strength while the remaining advancers settled with gains of 0.5% or less. Technology (-0.1%) and health care (-0.1%) were the two laggards.

Within the tech sector, chipmakers showed relative weakness, sending the PHLX Semiconductor Index lower by 0.5%. Broadcom (AVGO 245.59, -9.46) led the semiconductor retreat, dropping 3.7%, despite beating bottom-line estimates.

Meanwhile, within the health care group, biotech names underperformed, evidenced by the 0.6% decrease in the iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 311.05, -1.82).

On a positive note, the Dow Jones Transportation Average, which is seen as a leading indicator, registered its third win of the week, climbing higher by 1.3%.

Reviewing Friday's economic data, which was limited to July Durable Orders:

July durable goods orders declined 6.8%, which is more than the 6.0% decrease expected by the Briefing.com consensus. The prior month's reading was revised to +6.4% (from +6.5%). Excluding transportation, durable orders increased 0.5% (Briefing.com consensus +0.5%) to follow the prior month's revised uptick of 0.1% (from 0.2%).
The upshot of the report was in the shipments and new orders for nondefense capital goods excluding aircraft. Shipments for that component, which factors into GDP computations, increased 1.0% while orders, which are considered a proxy for business spending, increased 0.4%. The key takeaway from the report, then, is that it connotes good growth news for the manufacturing sector early in the third quarter.

On Monday, investors will receive two pieces of economic data--July International Trade in Goods and Advance Wholesale Inventories. Both reports will cross the wires at 8:30 ET.

Nasdaq Composite +16.4% YTD
Dow Jones Industrial Average +10.4% YTD
S&P 500 +9.1% YTD
Russell 2000 +1.6% YTD

Dow: +31.57… | Nasdaq: -5.68… | S&P: +4.22…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1738/1051. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1940/955.

03:00PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major U.S. indices are on track to end the week on a positive note; the S&P 500, the Dow, and the Nasdaq are up 0.4%, 0.3%, and 0.1%, respectively.

In just a few minutes, European Central Bank President Mario Draghi will deliver a speech at the Jackson Hole Symposium, where central bankers are currently in the midst of a three-day meeting. Fed Chair Janet Yellen spoke at the symposium this morning, but steered clear of monetary policy.

According to the CME FedWatch Tool, the implied probability of a December rate hike currently sits at 39.5%, virtually unchanged from yesterday's 38.7%.
Dow: +73.29… | Nasdaq: +5.82… | S&P: +9.41…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1752/1097. …NYSE Adv/Dec 2064/809.

02:45PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Commodities end the day lower:

Overall, commodities, as measured by the Bloomberg Commodity Index, are currently down 0.26% at 83.2938
Dollar index is down 0.46% at 92.77.
Sept WTI crude is a bit higher following the Baker Hughes rig count this afternoon.
Baker Hughes total U.S. rig count decreased by 6 to 940 following last week's decrease of 3
Futures settled $0.33 higher to $47.77/barrel.
In other energy, Sept natural gas settled $0.06 lower at $2.93 /MMBtu
Metals:
Dec gold gained $5.60 and trades at $1297.60/oz, while Sept silver gained $0.01 to $17.06/oz
Sept copper lost $0.002 to $3.03/lb

Dow: +77.76… | Nasdaq: +19.29… | S&P: +9.7…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1746/1092. …NYSE Adv/Dec 2107/856.

02:30PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The S&P 500 (+0.4%) is currently hovering just a tick below its 50-day simple moving average (2,450.70). The benchmark index challenged the mark earlier in today's session, but just couldn't hold above the key technical level.

In the bond market, Treasuries are still trading mostly higher ahead of a 15:00 ET speech from European Central Bank President Mario Draghi. The benchmark 10-yr yield is down three basis points at 2.17%, which marks its lowest level of the day.

Meanwhile, the U.S. Dollar Index (92.69, -0.55) is down 0.6%, sitting just above this year's low, which was notched at the start of August. The euro has climbed 0.6% against the greenback to 1.1876.
Dow: +77.13… | Nasdaq: +3.71… | S&P: +8.91…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1722/1117. …NYSE Adv/Dec 2023/848.

02:00PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Equity indices continue trending sideways this afternoon. The S&P 500 is higher by 0.3%.

The top-weighted technology sector (+0.1%) has ticked up into positive territory after spending much of the morning session in the red. However, several key tech components are still underperforming. Most notably, Facebook (FB 166.49, -1.25) and Alphabet (GOOGL 917.54, -3.74) are lower by 0.8% and 0.4%, respectively.

Chipmakers also continue to lag with Broadcom (AVGO 245.37, -9.71) pacing the retreat. The company has dropped 3.8% to a two-week low despite beating bottom-line estimates in its latest earnings report. However, the company did enjoy a four-day rally ahead of the release, jumping 4.0% from August 18 to August 23.
Dow: +67.44… | Nasdaq: -0.55… | S&P: +8.15…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1653/1177. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1958/914.

01:35PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major U.S. indices continue to trade sideways, sporting modest gains in afternoon trading following this morning's commentary from Fed Chair Janet Yellen at the Jackson Hole Symposium.

A look inside the Dow Jones Industrial Average shows that Home Depot (HD 150.29, +2.04), Verizon (VZ 48.94, +0.63), & Cisco (CSCO 31.61, +0.37) are outperforming amid broad market strength. Home Depot appears to be gaining as investors speculate that the DIY retailer could see an uptick in business resulting from the nearing Category 2 Hurricane, Hurricane Harvey.

Conversely, Boeing (BA 236.39, -2.35) is the worst-performing Dow component as shares display relative weakness.

At current levels, the DJIA is poised to close the week higher with gains of 0.82%
Dow: +63.90… | Nasdaq: +0.73… | S&P: +8.31…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1614/1174. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1980/886.

01:05PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The equity market is modestly higher this afternoon, looking to end a positive week on a positive note. The benchmark S&P 500 index currently trades near its opening level, higher by 0.3%, which is in line with the Dow (+0.2%) and a step above the Nasdaq (-0.1%). For the week, the benchmark index is higher by 0.9%.

Fed Chair Yellen's much-anticipated remarks at the Jackson Hole Symposium this morning largely turned out to be a non-event as Ms. Yellen did not provide comments on monetary policy. However, she did note that any changes to financial regulations should be modest and she is open to reviewing the Volcker Rule.

The U.S. Dollar Index (92.62, -0.60) moved sharply lower following Ms. Yellen's speech and currently shows a loss of 0.6%. Meanwhile, U.S. Treasuries are trading mostly higher with the benchmark 10-yr yield dropping three basis points to 2.17%. The 2-yr yield is flat at 1.33%.

European Central Bank President Mario Draghi will also give a speech today in Jackson Hole, Wyoming. His speech will begin at 15:00 ET.

In the equity market, ten of the eleven sectors are currently trading in the green with the top-weighted technology group (-0.1%) being the lone laggard. The advancing sectors hold relatively modest gains between 0.2% and 0.6%.

Within the tech group, chipmakers are exhibiting relative weakness, sending the PHLX Semiconductor Index lower by 0.6%. Broadcom (AVGO 245.11, -9.94) is the weakest semiconductor component, dropping 3.9%, despite beating bottom-line estimates.

Meanwhile, within the industrial group (+0.6%), transports are outperforming, evidenced by the 1.4% increase in the Dow Jones Transportation Average.

It's also worth pointing out that the S&P 500 challenged its 50-day simple moving average (2,450.65) this morning, but couldn't keep above the key technical level. Investors will be watching closely this afternoon to see if the benchmark index makes another attempt to hop over the mark.

Reviewing Friday's economic data, which was limited to July Durable Orders:

July durable goods orders declined 6.8%, which is more than the 6.0% decrease expected by the Briefing.com consensus. The prior month's reading was revised to +6.4% (from +6.5%). Excluding transportation, durable orders increased 0.5% (Briefing.com consensus +0.5%) to follow the prior month's revised uptick of 0.1% (from 0.2%).
The upshot of the report was in the shipments and new orders for nondefense capital goods excluding aircraft. Shipments for that component, which factors into GDP computations, increased 1.0% while orders, which are considered a proxy for business spending, increased 0.4%. The key takeaway from the report, then, is that it connotes good growth news for the manufacturing sector early in the third quarter.

Dow: +64.71… | Nasdaq: +0.23… | S&P: +8.41…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1601/1183. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1958/882.

12:35PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Equity indices are trading near their recent levels early this afternoon with the S&P 500 sporting a gain of 0.3%.

The energy sector (+0.7%) is currently hovering at the top of today's leaderboard, thanks in part to a positive performance from crude oil, which is up 0.5% at a price of $47.64/bbl. The commodity has been underpinned by a shutdown of many oil rigs and refineries in, and along, the Gulf of Mexico in anticipation of Hurricane Harvey, which is expected to strike Texas tonight or tomorrow morning.

Today's advance trims crude oil's week-to-date loss to 1.8%. Barring a sharp shift in sentiment, the commodity will settle with a weekly loss for the third week in a row.
Dow: +57.08… | Nasdaq: -1.51… | S&P: +7.41…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1554/1204. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1937/897.

12:00PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages continue drifting along, unchanged since the last update.

Transports are outperforming today, sending the Dow Jones Transportation Average higher by 1.3%. The DJTA entered Monday's session on the heels of a two-week slide, but, with today's advance, the transportation average is now in position to break that losing streak as it currently holds a week-to-date gain of 0.5%.

The industrial sector, which houses transportation names, is currently trading ahead of the broader market, up 0.5%. For the week, the industrial sector and the S&P 500 are up by 0.4% and 0.8%, respectively.
Dow: +44.01… | Nasdaq: -1.36… | S&P: +5.91…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1526/1212. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1894/923.

11:30AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The Nasdaq (-0.1%) has slipped into negative territory in recent action while the Dow and the S&P 500 have trimmed their gains to 0.2% apiece.

Fed Chair Yellen's much-anticipated remarks at the Jackson Hole Symposium turned out to be a non-event this morning as Ms. Yellen did not use the opportunity to comment on monetary policy. However, she did note that any changes to financial regulations should be modest and she is open to reviewing the Volcker Rule.

The U.S. Dollar Index (92.71, -0.52) has faced heavy selling pressure, dropping 0.7% to a three-week low, after hovering near its flat line ahead of Ms. Yellen's speech. Meanwhile, the 10-yr Treasury yield is two basis points lower at 2.17% while the 2-yr Treasury yield is flat at 1.33%.
Dow: +47.45… | Nasdaq: -3.63… | S&P: +5.65…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1412/1314. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1849/934.

11:05AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major U.S. indices have been ticking lower for the last 45 minutes of action after the S&P 500 (+0.3%) hit resistance near its 50-day simple moving average (2,450.68). The Dow and the Nasdaq hold gains of 0.3% and 0.1%, respectively.

All sectors are still trading in the green with gains ranging from 0.2% to 0.6%. The technology space (+0.2%) is exhibiting relative weakness as mega-cap names like Facebook (FB 167.17, -0.57) and Alphabet (GOOGL 934.74, -2.15) underperform. The two names currently show respective losses of 0.4% and 0.2%.

Chipmakers are also struggling to keep pace with the broader market, evidenced by the PHLX Semiconductor Index, which currently hovers at its flat line. Broadcom (AVGO 247.66, -7.32) is particularly weak, dropping 2.9%, despite beating bottom-line estimates.
Dow: +68.32… | Nasdaq: +1.06… | S&P: +6.91…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1442/1250. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1807/953.

10:35AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Commodities begin the day down slightly:

Overall, commodities, as measured by the Bloomberg Commodity Index, are currently down 0.11% at 83.4223
Dollar index is down 0.35% at 92.95.
Sept WTI crude is higher on the day.
Baker Hughes rig count to be released at 1 pm ET.
Last weeks report showed U.S. rig count decreased by 3 to 946.
Futures are $0.34 higher to $47.77/barrel.
In other energy, Sept natural gas is down $0.062 at $2.92 /MMBtu
Metals:
Dec gold gained $1.90 and trades at $1293.90/oz, while Sept silver gained $0.057 to $17.02/oz
Sept copper gained $0.0005 to $3.0345/lb

Dow: +92.78… | Nasdaq: +38.79… | S&P: +11.81…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1576/962. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1981/807.

10:00AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Equities have ticked up in recent action, pushing the S&P 500 higher by 0.5%.

Fed Chair Janet Yellen will deliver a speech from Jackson Hole, Wyoming shortly at 10:00 ET. The U.S. Dollar Index (93.19, -0.04) is flat ahead of her comments while Treasuries are mixed; the 10-yr yield is one basis point lower at 2.19% while the 2-yr yield is one basis point higher at 1.34%.

All sectors are still trading in the green with gains ranging from 0.1% (utilities) to 0.7% (financials).
Dow: +103.44… | Nasdaq: +31.41… | S&P: +12.41…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1863/736. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1935/690.

09:45AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The U.S. equity market opened Friday's session in the green with the S&P 500 sporting a gain of 0.4%.

All sectors are higher in early action, but gains have been pretty modest thus far; no sector is trading higher than +0.5%. The heavily-weighted financial sector (+0.5%) has gotten off to a good start while the lightly-weighted utilities sector (+0.1%) has struggled to keep pace.

Within the Dow Jones Industrial Average (+0.4%), Boeing (BA 238.42, -0.31) is the only component trading lower. The remaining Dow components hold gains between 0.1% and 1.0%.
Dow: +78.18… | Nasdaq: +16.34… | S&P: +8.41…
NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1550/942. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1869/672.

09:14AM ET
[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +9.00. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +23.90.

The U.S. equity market is on track to open Friday's session in positive territory with the S&P 500 futures trading nine points, or 0.4%, above fair value.

Fed Chair Janet Yellen and ECB President Mario Draghi are schedule to deliver speeches at 10:00 ET and 15:00 ET, respectively, from the Jackson Hole Symposium in Jackson Hole, Wyoming. The market doesn't expect to receive anything dramatic from the central bankers, but it will be watching closely nonetheless, looking for clues as to the outlook for monetary policy.

Ahead of the central bankers' comments, the U.S. Dollar Index (93.19, -0.04) is flat while the benchmark 10-yr yield is one basis point higher at 2.20%.

Elsewhere, Hurricane Harvey is on track to become a Category 3 hurricane by the time it hits the Texas coast later today or early tomorrow, making it potentially the biggest storm to hit the U.S. mainland in over a decade. Crude oil is up 0.4% at $47.61/bbl amid reports that some energy companies have halted drilling in anticipation of the storm.

In corporate news, there has been a slate of earnings results since yesterday's close, which hasn't produced a clean slate of earnings responses. Ulta Beauty (ULTA 216.00, -17.71), Big Lots (BIG 49.45, -0.64), and Broadcom (AVGO 252.00, -3.05), for instance, all topped expectations, yet all three stocks are trading lower. GameStop (GME 19.87, -1.91), meanwhile, missed expectations and is also trading lower.

On the data front, July durable goods orders declined 6.8%, which is more than the 6.0% decrease expected by the Briefing.com consensus. The prior month's reading was revised to +6.4% (from +6.5%). Excluding transportation, durable orders increased 0.5% (Briefing.com consensus +0.5%) to follow the prior month's revised uptick of 0.1% (from 0.2%).

Investors will not receive any other economic data on Friday.

08:49AM ET
[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +8.00. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +19.00.

The S&P 500 futures trade eight points, or 0.3%, above fair value.

Equity indices in the Asia-Pacific region ended the week on a higher note. The Japanese government is considering changes to its CPI to account for discount smartphone carriers. Japan's Chief Cabinet Secretary Yoshihide Suga said the Japanese economy does not require an extra budget at this time and that additional sanctions will be imposed on North Korea. China's National Development and Reform Commission has urged steel producers to cut overcapacity and to increase the effective supply of steel to avoid market disruptions. S&P affirmed Hong Kong's AAA rating with a Negative outlook.

In economic data:
Japan's July National CPI +0.4% year-over-year, as expected (last 0.4%) and National Core CPI +0.5% year-over-year, as expected (last 0.4%). August Tokyo CPI +0.5% year-over-year (consensus 0.3%; last 0.1%) and Tokyo Core CPI +0.4% year-over-year (consensus 0.3%; last 0.1%). Corporate Services Price Index +0.6% year-over-year (consensus 0.8%; last 0.7%)
South Korea's August Consumer Confidence 110 (last 111)
Singapore's July Industrial Production +1.0% month-over-month (expected -3.4%; last 9.0%); +21.0% year-over-year (consensus 14.0%; last 12.7%)

---Equity Markets---

Japan's Nikkei gained 0.5%, narrowing this week's loss to 0.1%. Yamato Holdings, Konami, Hitachi Construction, Familymart, Komatsu, Suzuki Motor, Trend Micro, Dentsu, Fujifilm Holdings, and JFE Holdings climbed between 1.6% and 5.5%. On the downside, Yaskawa Electric, Kirin Holdings, Asahi Group Holdings, Rakuten, and Kikkoman lost between 0.6% and 2.0%.
Hong Kong's Hang Seng rallied 1.2%, rising 3.0% for the week. PetroChina climbed 3.9% after beating profit expectations while financials like China Life Insurance, Bank of East Asia, China Construction Bank, ICBC, Bank of China, BoC Hong Kong, and HSBC advanced between 0.9% and 4.2%.
China's Shanghai Composite climbed 1.8% to levels not seen since the start of 2016. The index advanced 1.9% for the week. Zhejiang Longsheng Group, Huaxin Cement, Sichuan Tuopai Shede Wine, Ningbo United, and Aluminum Corp of China rose between 3.8% and 7.0%.
India's Sensex was closed for Ganesh Chaturthi. The index gained 1.2% for the week.

Major European indices trade on a modestly higher note as participants continue biding time ahead of today's speeches from Kansas City Fed's Economic Symposium in Jackson Hole, Wyoming. German Finance Minister Wolfgang Schaeuble reiterated that he believes the European Central Bank's asset purchase program is lawful, but he would like to see a tightening of policy relatively soon. Germany's IFO noted that the German business climate index remained at a high level with little negative impact seen from antitrust allegations in the auto industry. French Finance Minister Bruno Le Maire said the French economy remains too fragile with more work needed, evidenced by employment figures.

In economic data:
Germany's Q2 GDP +0.6% quarter-over-quarter, as expected (last 0.6%); +0.8% year-over-year, as expected (last 0.8%). July Import Price Index -0.4% month-over-month (expected 0.1%; last -1.1%); +1.9% year-over-year (consensus 2.4%; last 2.5%). August Ifo Business Climate Index 115.9 (expected 115.5; last 116.0). August Business Expectations 107.9 (expected 106.8; last 107.3) and August Current Assessment 124.6 (expected 125.0; last 125.5)
France's August Consumer Confidence 103, as expected (last 104)
Spain's PPI +3.2% year-over-year (last 3.2%)

---Equity Markets---

France's CAC is higher by 0.2%. ArcelorMittal and Vivendi lead, rising 1.7% and 2.1%, respectively. Growth-sensitive names like Vinci, Atos, Schneider Electric, Saint Gobain, and LafargeHolcim are up between 0.2% and 1.4%. Financials are mixed with BNP Paribas up 0.2% while AXA and Credit Agricole show losses of 0.2% and 0.7%, respectively. Societe Generale trades flat.
Germany's DAX has added 0.2%. Deutsche Bank trades up 0.7% while Commerzbank is higher by 0.4%. Countercyclical names like Bayer, Merck, and RWE have gained between 0.4% and 1.1%. On the downside, Henkel, Deutsche Post, and Linde show losses of 0.5% apiece.
UK's FTSE is up 0.4%. Provident Financial has spiked 19.8% to continue its rebound while financials like Standard Life, Old Mutual, Standard Chartered, Hargreaves Lansdown, Prudential, HSBC, and RSA Insurance are up between 0.5% and 2.0%. Select consumer names lag with Tesco, Paddy Power, Kingfisher, Morrison Supermarkets, Sainsbury, and Unilever down between 0.3% and 1.8%.

08:34AM ET
[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +9.00. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +23.00.

The S&P 500 futures currently trade nine points, or 0.4%, above fair value.

Just in, July durable goods orders declined 6.8%, which is more than the 6.0% decrease expected by the Briefing.com consensus. The prior month's reading was revised to +6.4% (from +6.5%). Excluding transportation, durable orders increased 0.5% (Briefing.com consensus +0.5%) to follow the prior month's revised uptick of 0.1% (from 0.2%).

07:51AM ET
[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +10.00. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +25.40.

Investors are optimistic this morning, sending the S&P 500 futures ten points (0.4%) above fair value, as they await speeches from the world's two most influential central bankers---Fed Chair Janet Yellen and European Central Bank President Mario Draghi. For the week, the S&P 500 enters Friday's session with a gain of 0.6%.

The market doesn't expect to receive anything dramatic when Ms. Yellen and Mr. Draghi speak at 10:00 ET and 15:00 ET, respectively, but it will be watching closely nonetheless, looking for clues as to the outlook for monetary policy. Currently, the U.S. Dollar Index (93.10, -0.13) is trading modestly lower, down 0.1%.

Elsewhere, Hurricane Harvey is on track to become a Category 3 hurricane by the time it hits the Texas coast later today or early tomorrow, making it potentially the biggest storm to hit the U.S. mainland in over a decade. Crude oil is up 0.6% at $47.74/bbl as some energy companies have halted drilling in anticipation.

U.S. Treasuries are lower this morning, pushing the benchmark 10-yr yield one basis point higher to 2.20%. For the week, the 10-yr yield is currently flat.

On the data front, investors will receive just one piece of economic data--July Durable Orders (Briefing.com consensus -6.0%). The report will cross the wires at 8:30 ET.

In U.S. corporate news:

Broadcom (AVGO 248.60, -6.45): -2.5% despite beating earnings estimates.
Autodesk (ADSK 115.50, +4.89): +4.4% after reporting better than expected earnings and revenues.
Ulta Beauty (ULTA 222.50, -11.21): -4.8% despite beating bottom-line estimates.
GameStop (GME 20.47, -1.31): -6.0% after missing earnings estimates.

Reviewing overnight developments:

Equity indices in the Asia-Pacific region ended the week on a higher note. Japan's Nikkei +0.5%, Hong Kong's Hang Seng +1.2%, China's Shanghai Composite +1.8%. India's Sensex was closed for Ganesh Chaturthi.
In economic data:
Japan's July National CPI +0.4% year-over-year, as expected (last 0.4%) and National Core CPI +0.5% year-over-year, as expected (last 0.4%). August Tokyo CPI +0.5% year-over-year (consensus 0.3%; last 0.1%) and Tokyo Core CPI +0.4% year-over-year (consensus 0.3%; last 0.1%). Corporate Services Price Index +0.6% year-over-year (consensus 0.8%; last 0.7%)
South Korea's August Consumer Confidence 110 (last 111)
Singapore's July Industrial Production +1.0% month-over-month (expected -3.4%; last 9.0%); +21.0% year-over-year (consensus 14.0%; last 12.7%)
In news:
The Japanese government is considering changes to its CPI to account for discount smartphone carriers.
Japan's Chief Cabinet Secretary Yoshihide Suga said the Japanese economy does not require an extra budget at this time and that additional sanctions will be imposed on North Korea.
China's National Development and Reform Commission has urged steel producers to cut overcapacity and to increase the effective supply of steel to avoid market disruptions.

Major European indices trade on a modestly higher note as participants continue biding time ahead of today's speeches from Kansas City Fed's Economic Symposium in Jackson Hole, Wyoming. France's CAC +0.3%, Germany's DAX +0.3%, UK's FTSE +0.4%.
In economic data:
Germany's Q2 GDP +0.6% quarter-over-quarter, as expected (last 0.6%); +0.8% year-over-year, as expected (last 0.8%). July Import Price Index -0.4% month-over-month (expected 0.1%; last -1.1%); +1.9% year-over-year (consensus 2.4%; last 2.5%). August Ifo Business Climate Index 115.9 (expected 115.5; last 116.0). August Business Expectations 107.9 (expected 106.8; last 107.3) and August Current Assessment 124.6 (expected 125.0; last 125.5)
France's August Consumer Confidence 103, as expected (last 104)
Spain's PPI +3.2% year-over-year (last 3.2%)
In news:
German Finance Minister Wolfgang Schaeuble reiterated that he believes the European Central Bank's asset purchase program is lawful, but he would like to see a tightening of policy relatively soon.
Germany's IFO noted that the German business climate index remained at a high level with little negative impact seen from antitrust allegations in the auto industry.
French Finance Minister Bruno Le Maire said the French economy remains too fragile with more work needed, evidenced by employment figures.

05:57AM ET
[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +5.50. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +12.80.

[BRIEFING.COM] Nikkei...19453...+98.80...+0.50%. Hang Seng...27848...+329.60...+1.20%.

[BRIEFING.COM] FTSE...7425.14...+18.10...+0.20%. DAX...12205.56...+24.70...+0.20%.

Image Price Action Trading @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/price-action-trading.htm

Image Trade Strategies via Volatility Analysis @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/VolatilityTrading.htm

Image Review of TheStrategyLab @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=3167

Image TheStrategyLab Review @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/thestrategylab-reviews.htm

Special thanks to Bloomberg, Briefing, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance for their market summaries. Also, thank you for the review of TheStrategyLab performance record...hopefully the links will be useful for you. gm

Best Regards,
M.A. Perry
Online user name wrbtrader (more info about me): http://www.thestrategylab.com/wrbtrader.htm
TheStrategyLab Price Action Trading
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
Image@ http://twitter.com/wrbtrader Image@ http://stocktwits.com/wrbtrader

http://www.thestrategylab.com
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
TheStrategyLab Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
Skype Messenger: kebec2002
wrbanalysis@gmail.com