TheStrategyLab.com Price Action Trading Support Forum

Forum for price action traders that want to learn WRB Analysis basic tutorial chapters 1, 2 and 3 prior to purchasing our advance trade methods. Hashtags: #wrbanalysis #wrbzone #wrbhiddengap #priceaction #trading
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: August 8th Tuesday Trade Results - Profits $450.00
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:05 pm 
Site Admin

Trade Results of M.A. Perry
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
TheStrategyLab Price Action Trading (no technical indicators)
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
Free Chat Room: http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164
Archive Real-Time Chat Logs (timestamp, entries/exits, position size): http://www.thestrategylab.com/ftchat/forum/viewforum.php?f=20
Accolades (Testimonials): http://www.thestrategylab.com/Accolades.htm
TheStrategyLab Reviews: http://www.thestrategylab.com/thestrategylab-reviews.htm
Price Action Trading: http://www.thestrategylab.com/price-action-trading.htm
TheStrategyLab Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
wrbanalysis@gmail.com (24/7)
http://stocktwits.com/wrbtrader (24/7)
http://twitter.com/wrbtrader (24/7)

Attachment:
080817-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-PnL-Blotter-Profit+450.00.png
080817-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-PnL-Blotter-Profit+450.00.png [ 97.43 KiB | Viewed 267 times ]

click on the above image to view today's performance verification

Price Action Trade Performance for Today: Emini TF ($TF_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Emini ES ($ES_F) futures @ $450.00 dollars or +9.00 points, Light Crude Oil CL ($CL_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Gold GC ($GC_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points and EuroFX 6E ($6E_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.0000 ticks. Total Profit @ $450.00 dollars

Disclaimer: Today's trading performance is not an indication of my future performance and not an indication of the future performance for any trader that decides to learn/apply WRB Analysis.

Russell 2000 Emini TF Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ The ICE
S&P 500 Emini ES Futures: 1 tick or 0.25 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Light Crude Oil CL (WTI) Futures: 1 tick or 0.01 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Gold GC Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
EuroFX 6E Futures: 1 tick or 0.0001 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup

Today's Trade Log: All of my live trades are posted real-time in the timestamp ##TheStrategyLab free chat room for anyone to do a real-time review. The live trade is posted 3.2 seconds on average after the trade confirmation via an auto script to minimize delays in posting of my trades. You can review today's price action trade journal about my trades (e.g. time, price entry, contract size, price exit, market analysis) as the trade traversed to its completion. In addition, sometimes I'll post real-time trading tips in the free ##TheStrategyLab chat room involving WRBs, WRB Hidden GAPs, Key Market Events (KME), Tutorial Chapters 2 & 3, WRB Zones, Reaction Highs/Lows, Contracting Volatility or Expanding Volatility. Its all archived @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/ftchat/forum/viewtopic.php?f=170&t=2618

Image ##TheStrategyLab Chat Room is free. The free chat room is not a signal calling trading room. I do not mentor (never have) although I get many requests to do mentoring. There is education but only in members private threads at the forum involving members asking questions (help) about their own trading. Thus, the primary purpose of TheStrategyLab free chat room is for you to use as your trade journal so that you can use as valuable feedback and for members to help each other...as in more eyes on the market. Also, you can use TheStrategyLab free chat room to ask real-time WRB Analysis questions. Yet, please do not post your brokerage statements in the free chat room. Instead, its highly recommended that you only post your brokerage statements in your private thread for security reasons. TheStrategyLab free chat room is on IRC via users request because the IRC servers are located in many different countries, software in many different languages and many different types of social media software can be used to log in. I'm the moderator of the free chat room. Thus, I keep the peace between members via removing trouble makers so that members can peacefully post their market observations, trades, WRB Analysis commentary about the markets.

TheStrategyLab free chat room is not for traders looking for someone to hold their hands and tell them when to buy or sell. TheStrategyLab is for you to post your real-time analysis or trades so that you can review as feedback for any trading day to provide valuable information about the results in your broker statements. Access instructions for chat room @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164

Quote:
All of my real-time posted trades involves price action concepts from the WRB Analysis free study guide, Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 4 - 12 and the Volatility Trading Report (VTR) trade signal strategies. Analysis -----> Trade Signals

Also, posted below for you to review are direct links to information about my price action trade methodology and trading plan (there's a difference between the two) that enables me to identify key trading areas in the price action that represent changes in supply/demand and volatility along with being able to exploit these changes via WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis). I'm primarily a day trader because it suits my personal lifestyle but I do occasionally swing trade and position trade. Simply, my trade method is applicable for position trading, swing trading and day trading.

Image Price Action Analysis via Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/WRBAnalysisTutorials.htm and there's a free study guide of the WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1, 2 and 3 @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=718

Analysis -----> Trade Signals

Image Trade Signal Strategies via Volatility Trading Report (VTR) @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/VolatilityTrading.htm and there's a free trade signal strategy @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=89 so that you can freely test drive one of our price action trade strategies with support (answering your questions) prior to purchasing the Volatility Trading Report (VTR). All WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1 - 12 are included in the purchase of the Volatility Trading Report (VTR).

Image Daily Trading Plan Routine @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=327&t=3486 contains brief information about trading plan, market context, brokers, trading time frames, position size management and other discussions.

-----------------------------

Market Context Summaries

The below summaries by Bloomberg, Briefing, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance helps me to do a quick review of the fundamentals, FED/ECB/BOE/IMF actions or any important global economic events (e.g. Eurozone, MarketWatch.com) that had an impact on today's price action in many trading instruments I monitor during the trading day. Simply, I'm a strong believer that key market events causes key changes in supply/demand and volatility resulting in trade opportunities (swing points and strong continuation price actions) that reach profit targets. Thus, I pay attention to these key market events, intermarket analysis (e.g. Forex EurUsd, EuroFX 6E futures, Gold GC futures, Light Crude Oil (WTI) CL & Brent Oil futures, Eurex DAX futures, Euronext FTSE100 futures, Emini ES futures, Emini TF futures, Treasury ZB futures and U.S. Dollar Index futures) while using WRB Analysis from one trade to the next trade to give me the market context for price action trading before the appearance of my technical analysis trade signals. Therefore, I maintain these archives for easy review to allow me to understand what was happening on any given trading day in the past involving key market events to help better understand my trade decisions (day trading, swing trading, position trading)...something I can not get from my broker PnL statements alone. Further, most financial websites remove (delete) their archives after a few years to make room for new content. Therefore, I maintain my own archives of the news content so that I have it available for me when financial websites no longer archives their content.

Attachment:
080817-Key-Price-Action-Markets.png
080817-Key-Price-Action-Markets.png [ 822.92 KiB | Viewed 232 times ]

click on the above image to view today's price action of key markets

The Market at 04:30PM ET
Dow: -33.08… | Nasdaq: -13.31… | S&P: -5.99…
NASDAQ Vol: 1.91 bln… Adv: 1210… Dec: 1579…
NYSE Vol: 772.3 mln… Adv: 1061… Dec: 1844…

Moving the Market

Stocks slip after President Trump says North Korea will be "met with fire and fury" if it continues to threaten nuclear action

Sector Watch
Strong: Utilities
Weak: Materials, Health Care, Consumer Staples, Telecom Services, Real Estate
04:30PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Wall Street went on a bit of a roller coaster ride on Tuesday as equities climbed to new record highs in the morning only to drop into the red in the late afternoon. The Dow broke its streak of nine consecutive record-high closes, ending the session lower by 0.2%. The S&P 500 (-0.2%) and the Nasdaq (-0.2%) finished in line with the industrial average.

The major averages opened Tuesday's session with modest losses, but quickly entered into a slow and steady climb that carried into the afternoon. At its peak, the S&P 500 held a gain of 0.4%. However, shortly after hitting said peak, the benchmark index started moving back towards its flat line as the heavily-weighted financial sector, which led the morning rally, hit a wave of selling pressure.

Selling began shortly after the Washington Post reported that North Korea has successfully produced a miniaturized nuclear warhead that can fit inside its missiles. However, the aforementioned move lower was more likely technical in nature considering it was led by the financial sector, which sharply reversed its slow and steady upward trend right at the 424.00 mark. At its best mark of the day (423.99), the financial space held a gain of 0.9%, but, in the end, the sector settled lower by 0.2%.

After retreating to their flat lines, the major averages then hit another wave of selling pressure, this one dragging them into negative territory, in the late afternoon after President Trump warned that North Korea will be "met with fire and fury like the world has never seen" if it continues to threaten nuclear action against the United States.

Investors have had a muted response to each of Pyongyang's 11 ballistic missile tests this year, but today's strong statement from Mr. Trump clearly upped the ante a bit. Still, today's move was very minor in the grand scheme of things and comes at a time when many investors are looking for an excuse to sell as equities hover at all-time highs.

The lightly-weighted utilities sector (+0.3%) was the only space to finish today's session in positive territory. The ten remaining groups settled with losses ranging from less than 0.1% to 0.9%.

Apple (AAPL 160.08, +1.27)--the largest component in the S&P 500 by market cap--put together a solid performance, helping the top-weighted technology sector (-0.1%) settle ahead of the broader market. The tech group held the top spot on today's leaderboard for much of the session, but slipped with the broader market in its late-afternoon slide. AAPL shares added 0.8% and closed at an all-time high.

On the earnings front, Michael Kors (KORS 42.25, +8.02) and Ralph Lauren (RL 88.53, +10.38) surged 21.5% and 13.3%, respectively, after both companies reported better than expected earnings. In addition, Michael Kors beat top-line estimates and issued above-consensus guidance. However, the SPDR S&P 500 Retail ETF (XRT 41.11, -0.22) still finished lower by 0.5%.

Treasuries moved lower in a curve-steepening trade, leaving the 2-yr yield (1.36%) and the 10-yr yield (2.28%) higher by one basis point and three basis points, respectively. Meanwhile, the U.S. Dollar Index (93.52, +0.22) climbed 0.2% and crude oil dropped 0.6% to $49.09/bbl.

Reviewing today's economic data, which was limited to the Job Openings and Labor Turnover Survey (JOLTS) for June:

The June Job Openings and Labor Turnover Survey showed that job openings increased to 6.163 million from a revised 5.702 million (from 5.666 million) in May.

On Wednesday, investors will receive several economic reports, including the weekly MBA Mortgage Applications Index at 7:00 ET, second quarter Productivity (Briefing.com consensus +0.5%) and Unit Labor Costs (Briefing.com consensus +1.5%) at 8:30 ET, and June Wholesale Inventories (Briefing.com consensus +0.6%) at 10:00 ET.

Nasdaq Composite +18.3% YTD
Dow Jones Industrial Average +11.8% YTD
S&P 500 +10.6% YTD
Russell 2000 +3.9% YTD

Dow: -33.08… | Nasdaq: -13.31… | S&P: -5.99…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1210/1579. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1061/1844.

03:05PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Commodities end the day higher:

Overall, commodities, as measured by the Bloomberg Commodity Index, are currently up 0.27% at 83.9424
Dollar index is currently up 0.2% at 93.63.
Sept WTI crude is down on the day.
Futures settled $0.28 lower to $49.09/barrel.
In other energy, Sept natural gas settled up $0.02 at $2.82/MMBtu
Metals experienced mixed results:
Dec gold lost $2.00 to settle at $1262.50/oz, while September silver dropped $0.14 to $16.39/oz
September copper gained $0.03 to $2.94/lb
Finally, agriculture:
September corn is $0.03 lower at $3.83/bu.
November soy is up $0.50 at $9.73/bu.
September wheat is down $0.07 at $4.57/bu.

To see EIA Short term energy outlook for August search COMDX ticker

Dow: +25.61… | Nasdaq: +9.37… | S&P: +4.08…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1426/1429. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1225/1668.

03:00PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The S&P 500 and the Dow are flat going into the final stretch, looking to finish at a fresh all-time high. If the Dow can eke out a victory, it will mark its tenth-consecutive record high close.

Only four of the eleven sectors--financials (+0.2%), consumer discretionary (+0.2%), technology (+0.3%), and utilities (+0.2%)--are currently trading in the green. On the flip side, the materials space (-0.7%) trades at the bottom of the sector standings. The telecom services (-0.5%) and real estate (-0.5%) groups also exhibit notable weakness, but the remaining laggards hold losses of no more than 0.3%.

Looking ahead, the next batch of earnings, which will be released following today's closing bell, will include reports from notable companies like Walt Disney (DIS 106.90, +0.56), Priceline (PCLN 2051.93, +9.29), Monster Beverage (MNST 52.93, +0.06), and Zillow (ZG 48.16, +0.73).

Dow: -6.41… | Nasdaq: +11.32… | S&P: -0.89…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1495/1383. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1280/1598.

02:25PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages continue to trade just a step above their flat lines this afternoon with the tech-heavy Nasdaq (+0.3%) exhibiting relative strength.

Avis Budget (CAR 30.83, -2.56) has weighed on the Dow Jones Transportation Average today, dropping 7.6% in response to its latest earnings report, which showed worse than expected earnings and revenues. Expeditors (EXPD 56.46, -2.59) is also trading solidly lower, sliding 4.4%, despite beating top and bottom line estimates. The DJTA is currently lower by 0.1%.

On a positive note, railroad names like Norfolk Southern (NSC 117.88, +1.99), Union Pacific (UNP 103.50, +0.93), Kansas City Southern (KSU 104.03, +0.87), and CSX (CSX 50.04, +0.42) are trading comfortably ahead of the broader market, sporting gains between 0.9% and 1.8%.

Dow: +12.62… | Nasdaq: +18.14… | S&P: +1.95…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1512/1367. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1341/1537.

02:00PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The benchmark S&P 500 has given back nearly all of its earlier advance and now trades just a tick (+0.1%) above its unchanged mark.

Financials have driven the stock market today, sending the S&P 500 and the Dow Jones Industrial Average to new all-time highs in the morning session and then later pacing an afternoon retreat. There was no news item prompting the shift in sentiment, rather, the move lower appeared to be technical in nature as the selling started when the heavily-weighted financial sector (+0.2%) proved unable to cross the 424.00 mark.

JPMorgan Chase (JPM 94.13, +0.12) showed notable strength earlier today, advancing to a new all-time high, but now trades in line with the broader market with a slim gain of 0.1%.

Dow: +11.48… | Nasdaq: +18.06… | S&P: +1.91…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1505/1374. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1335/1545.

01:30PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major U.S. indices are holding firm with small gains at this time in spite of headlines last hour that North Korea may have developed a nuclear warhead small enough to fit inside a missile.

A look inside the Dow Jones Industrial Average shows that Apple (AAPL 161.11, +2.30), Microsoft (MSFT 72.95, +0.55), & Chevron (CVX 110.37, +0.59) are outperforming.

Conversely, Johnson & Johnson (JNJ 132.00, -0.86) is the worst-performing Dow component as health care lags in today's session.

For the week, the DJIA is currently up 0.11%.

Elsewhere, at the top of the hour, the Treasury's $24 bln 3-year auction drew a high yield of 1.52% on a bid-to-cover of 3.14.

Dow: +17.32… | Nasdaq: +23.93… | S&P: +3.83…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1440/1428. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1291/1556.

01:05PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages opened Tuesday's session in the red, but didn't stay there for long as investors bought the dip, pushing stocks into record-high territory. Since hitting their session highs around an hour ago, the major averages have slipped into the middle of their trading ranges. The S&P 500 and the Dow are up 0.2% and 0.1%, respectively, while the Nasdaq (+0.4%) and the Russell 2000 (+0.4%) outperform.

Equities entered a slow and steady climb shortly after the opening bell that carried into the early afternoon. However, investors tapped the breaks following a Washington Post report that North Korea has successfully produced a miniaturized nuclear warhead that can fit inside its missiles. To be clear, the market's reaction has been modest with the S&P 500 losing just 0.2% since the release.

The heavily-weighted financial sector (+0.4%) was firing on all cylinders at the height of the stock market's climb, but has since slipped from its spot at the top of the sector standings. The technology sector, which is the only group more influential than financials, is currently the top-performing space with a gain of 0.5%.

Apple (AAPL 161.26, +2.47) is one of the tech sector's strongest components today, adding 1.6%. Chipmakers have also outperformed, sending the PHLX Semiconductor Index higher by 0.6%.

In total, six of the eleven sectors currently hover in positive territory, but gains are modest. As for the five laggards, the health care (-0.1%), consumer staples (-0.1%), and telecom services (unch) groups hold slim losses while the lightly-weighted materials (-0.6%) and real estate (-0.7%) spaces hold more sizable declines.

Outside of the stock market, U.S. Treasuries are trading lower across the curve, leaving the benchmark 10-yr yield two basis points higher at 2.27%. Meanwhile, the U.S. Dollar Index (93.54, +0.24) is up 0.3%.

Reviewing today's economic data, which was limited to the Job Openings and Labor Turnover Survey (JOLTS) for June:

The June Job Openings and Labor Turnover Survey showed that job openings increased to 6.163 million from a revised 5.702 million (from 5.666 million) in May.

Dow: +18.72… | Nasdaq: +21.42… | S&P: +3.82…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1449/1391. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1333/1505.

12:30PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The equity market hovers just a tick below its best mark of the day with the S&P 500 holding a gain of 0.3%. Meanwhile, the small-cap Russell 2000 outperforms, climbing 0.8%.

Only four sectors-- health care (unch), consumer staples (unch), materials (-0.3%), and real estate (-0.5%)--are currently trading in negative territory. As for the advancing sectors, the financial space is the strongest, sporting a gain of 0.7%, followed closely by the technology group, which is up 0.6%. The financials and technology spaces are the top two sectors by weight, comprising around 35.0% of the broader market combined.

Elsewhere, a recent Washington Post report indicates that North Korea has successfully produced a miniaturized nuclear warhead that can fit inside its missiles. The market's response to the report has been negligible.

Dow: +40.13… | Nasdaq: +35.46… | S&P: +8.08…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1706/1145. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1586/1240.

11:55AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The S&P 500 (+0.3%) has climbed to a fresh session high, as has its top sector by weight, information technology (+0.5%).

Apple (AAPL 161.57, +2.76) is back at it again today, climbing another 1.8% to extend its three-session advance to 3.9% and its post-earnings advance to 7.7%. Last Tuesday evening, the tech titan impressed investors with its fiscal third-quarter results, which showed better than expected earnings and revenues. In addition, the company's upcoming iPhone 8 release, which is expected to take place this fall, appears to be on track.

Elsewhere in the tech sector, chipmakers are also outperforming, sending the PHLX Semiconductor Index higher by 0.7%. Today's advance places the SOX 2.4% above where it closed on Friday.

Dow: +50.56… | Nasdaq: +30.53… | S&P: +7.86…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1789/1071. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1686/1128.

11:25AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Stocks continue to climb this morning, pushing the S&P 500 (+0.2%) to a fresh session high.

The heavily-weighted financial sector (+0.7%) has paced today's advance with large-cap lenders like JPMorgan Chase (JPM 94.89, +0.87), Wells Fargo (WFC 53.10, +0.56), and Bank of America (BAC 25.23, +0.28) sporting gains of around 1.0% apiece. Today's advance places JPM shares at a fresh all-time high.

Meanwhile, the energy sector (+0.6%) has also been on the climb as of late as crude oil retraces its early loss. The commodity held a loss of around 1.0% a little more than an hour ago, but now trades higher by 0.4% at a price of $49.58/bbl.

Dow: +28.15… | Nasdaq: +13.78… | S&P: +6.72…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1682/1148. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1655/1128.

10:55AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages have retraced all of their modest, opening declines and currently hover a tick above their unchanged marks.

Sector movement has been pretty modest with ten of the eleven groups staying within 0.4% of their unchanged marks. The lightly-weighted materials space is the only exception, dropping 0.7% on the heels of below-consensus trade data from China, which is the world's largest commodity importer. Beijing reported a year-over-year increase of 11.0% in imports while the consensus expected a rise of 16.6%.

On the flip side, the heavily-weighted financial sector (+0.4%) hovers at the top of the day's leaderboard amid broad strength. A slight steepening of the yield curve, which bolsters earnings prospects for lenders, has helped underpin the sector. The 10-yr yield is three basis points higher at 2.28% while the 2-yr yield is up just one basis point at 1.36%.

Dow: +28.17… | Nasdaq: +9.17… | S&P: +3.50…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1587/1198. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1542/1184.

10:40AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Commodities open the day slightly higher:

Overall, commodities, as measured by the Bloomberg Commodity Index, are currently up 0.14% at 83.8331.
Dollar index is currently up 0.31% at 93.72.
In energy:
Saudi Aramco to cut crude oil production in September by at least 520k bpd says source
This supply cut is larger than the OPEC agreed upon cut of 486k bpd.
Multiple sources state that the company will be cutting supplies by up to 10% to Asia.
This precedes a meeting in Abu Dhabi today between OPEC member and non-OPEC member nations.
Futures are trading down $0.22 to $49.17/barrel.
In other energy...
Sept natural gas trades down $0.004 at $2.797/MMBtu
On to metals:
Dec gold lost $0.40 to settle at $1264.30/oz, while September silver gained $0.079 to $16.33/oz
September copper lost $0.001 to $2.906/lb
Finally, agriculture:
September corn is $0.0225 lower at $3.70/bu.
November soy is up $0.08 at $9.7775/bu.
September wheat is down $0.02 at $4.615/bu.

Dow: +25.61… | Nasdaq: +0.68… | S&P: +4.08…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1465/1313. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1441/1277.

10:00AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Equity indices continue to hover just a step below their unchanged marks.

Dow: -15.82… | Nasdaq: -9.87… | S&P: -2.89…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1128/1543. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1076/1548.

09:45AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages opened Tuesday's session slightly lower with the S&P 500 showing a loss of 0.2%.

Nearly all sectors are trading in the red, but losses have been modest thus far with no group holding a decline of more than 0.4%. The consumer discretionary sector (unch) shows relative strength as retailers outperform, evidenced by the 0.4% increase in the SPDR S&P Retail ETF (XRT 41.50, +0.17).

In the bond market, Treasuries are slightly lower ahead of the release of today's lone economic report--June JOLTS--which will cross the wires shortly at 10:00 ET. The benchmark 10-yr yield is one basis point higher at 2.26%.

Dow: -30.56… | Nasdaq: -19.87… | S&P: -4.46…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1015/1578. …NYSE Adv/Dec 979/1604.

09:12AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: -4.00. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -10.10.

The S&P 500 looks poised to give back its modest Monday advance at the start of Tuesday's session as the S&P 500 futures currently trade four points, or 0.2%, below fair value.

There is a little bit of headline causality for the negative disposition. Specifically, both China and Germany reported weaker than expected trade data, with export and import activity for both countries decelerating from the prior month and falling short of consensus estimates.

However, neither report undermined investor sentiment to any great degree. The Shanghai Composite ended its session up 0.1% while the DAX Index is currently down 0.4%.

On the earnings front, retailers Michael Kors (KORS 43.00, +5.77) and Ralph Lauren (RL 82.00, +3.85) are trading solidly higher in pre-market action, jumping 15.5% and 4.9%, respectively, after both companies reported better than expected earnings. In addition, Michael Kors beat top-line estimates and issued above-consensus guidance.

Conversely, CVS Health (CVS 77.97, -1.15) has slid 1.5% this morning after below-consensus guidance overshadowed better than expected earnings. Marriott (MAR 102.99, -3.18) is also solidly lower, dropping 3.0%, despite beating both top and bottom line estimates.

Crude oil is trading slightly higher, up 0.1% at $49.46/bbl, following reports that Saudi Arabia plans to cut exports to Asia by up to 10.0% next month. Also of note, oil producers will wrap up a two-day compliance meeting in Abu Dhabi today and investors will receive the weekly API inventory report this afternoon at 16:30 ET.

U.S. Treasuries have slipped from their flat lines in recent action, sending the benchmark 10-yr yield one basis point higher to 2.27%. Meanwhile, the U.S. Dollar Index (93.19, -0.11) is lower by 0.1%.

Investors will receive just one piece of economic data today--June JOLTS. The report will be released at 10:00 ET.

08:50AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: -4.30. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -11.40.

The S&P 500 futures trade four points, or 0.2%, below fair value.

Equity indices in the Asia-Pacific region ended Tuesday on a mixed note. China reported a higher than expected trade surplus, but export growth slowed for the fifth consecutive month. Elsewhere, Japan's Foreign Minister Taro Kono met with his North Korean counterpart, but details of the meeting were not provided. Former Bank of Japan Deputy Governor Kikuo Iwata said the central bank should begin reducing its asset purchases until they are lowered to JPY40 trillion from JPY80 trillion.

In economic data:
China's July trade surplus expanded to $46.74 billion from $42.77 billion (expected $46.08 billion)
Japan's June Current Account JPY1.52 trillion (expected JPY1.51 trillion; last JPY1.40 trillion). July Bank Lending +3.3% year-over-year, as expected (last 3.3%). July Economy Watchers Current Index 49.7 (expected 49.8; last 50.0)
Australia's July NAB Business Confidence 12 (last 9) and July NAB Business Survey 15 (last 15)

---Equity Markets---

Japan's Nikkei shed 0.3%. Obayashi, Otsuka Holdings, Nissan Chemical Industries, Olympus, Isuzu, Nikon, Mazda Motor, Panasonic, and Softbank lost between 1.0% and 4.5%. On the upside, Japan Steel Works surged 20.0% after boosting its outlook.
Hong Kong's Hang Seng rose 0.6%. Geely Automobile led the way, spiking 6.0%. Gaming names like Tencent Holdings and Galaxy Entertainment posted respective gains of 2.4% and 2.0% while Apple supplier AAC Technologies gained 1.6%. On the downside, Cathay Pacific Air and China Mengniu Dairy both lost near 1.5%.
China's Shanghai Composite added 0.1%. Henan Rebecca Hair Products, Aluminum Corp of China, Langfang Development, Hunan Copote Science & Technology, Shenghe Resources Holding, and Hangxiao Steel Structure posted gains between 5.0% and 5.9%.
India's Sensex lost 0.8%, returning to levels from the last week of July. Dr. Reddy's Labs continued its recent woes, falling 4.9% to levels from mid-2013. Financials like SBI, ICICI Bank, AXIS Bank, and HDFC Bank lost between 0.4% and 2.3%. Infosys and Wipro both lost near 0.4% while Tata Consultancy shed 0.3%.

Major European indices trade mostly lower. Germany's trade surplus had a disappointing composition as both imports and exports missed expectations; however, the market reaction has been muted, allowing the euro to edge up 0.1% against the dollar to 1.1810. European Commission member Pierre Moscovici said the eurozone needs to work on harmonizing the tax base instead of the tax rate. He added that France's deficit-to-GDP ratio for 2017 might be below 3.0%. Mining shares listed in London could be on the move once the results of a no-confidence vote being held against South Africa's President Jacob Zuma are announced. The vote is being held in secret in hopes of encouraging more African National Congress members to vote against the president.

In economic data:
Germany's June trade surplus EUR21.20 billion (expected surplus of EUR21.00 billion; last surplus of EUR20.30 billion). June Imports -4.5% month-over-month (expected 0.2%; last 1.3%) and June Exports -2.8% month-over-month (expected -0.3%; last 1.5%)
France's June trade deficit EUR4.70 billion (expected deficit of EUR5.10 billion; last deficit of EUR4.40 billion). June Government Budget Balance -EUR62.30 billion (last -EUR66.40 billion)
Swiss July Unemployment Rate held at 3.2%, as expected

---Equity Markets---

Germany's DAX trades lower by 0.4%. HeidelbergCement is down 1.4% while Deutsche Bank has given up 1.6%. Bayer and Merck are down 1.0% and 0.7%, respectively, while automakers are mixed. BMW is down 0.7%, Daimler is off 0.5%, and Volkswagen is lower by 0.4%. Deutsche Post and RWE outperform, gaining around 0.7% apiece.
France's CAC has shed 0.2%. TechnipFMC is down 1.5% while Airbus Group, LafargeHolcim, Saint Gobain, ArcelorMittal, and Safran show losses between 0.4% and 1.0%. Financials are mixed, as Societe Generale falls 0.9%, BNP Paribas adds 0.1%, and Credit Agricole climbs 2.0%.
UK's FTSE hovers a tick below its flat line. Paddy Power has extended yesterday's decline, falling 4.1%. Other consumer names like InterContinental Hotels, Burberry, Merlin Entertainments, British American Tobacco, and TUI show losses between 0.4% and 4.1%. On the upside, Royal Dutch Shell and BP hold respective gains of 0.8% and 0.5%. Financials like Standard Chartered, Direct Line Insurance, RBS, and Lloyds Banking are up between 0.4% and 0.9%.

08:26AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: -3.50. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -5.90.

The S&P 500 futures trade four points, or 0.1%, below fair value.

Retailers Michael Kors (KORS 42.01, +4.77) and Ralph Lauren (RL 82.25, +4.10) are trading solidly higher in pre-market action, jumping 12.8% and 5.3%, respectively, after both companies reported better than expected earnings. In addition, Michael Kors beat top-line estimates and issued above-consensus guidance. Barring a change in sentiment, the two companies will open Tuesday at multi-month highs.

The SPDR S&P Retail ETF (XRT 41.33, 0.00) will be looking to ride the positive sentiment to its third-consecutive advance.

08:00AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: -3.90. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -5.60.

The S&P 500 ticked up to a new record high yesterday for the first time since July 26, but it appears that the benchmark index will retrace its modest Monday advance at today's opening bell. The S&P 500 futures trade four points, or 0.2%, below fair value.

Crude oil is trading just a tick above its flat line this morning, up 0.1% at $49.42/bbl, following reports that Saudi Arabia--the world's largest oil producer--plans to cut exports to Asia by up to 10.0% next month. Also of note, oil producers will wrap up a two-day compliance meeting in Abu Dhabi today and investors will receive the weekly API inventory report this afternoon at 16:30 ET.

U.S. Treasuries are trading flat with the benchmark 10-yr yield unchanged at 2.25%. Meanwhile, the U.S. Dollar Index (93.19, -0.11) is down 0.1% and gold is up 0.4% at 1,269.43/ozt.

On the data front, investors will receive just one piece of economic data--June JOLTS. The report will cross the wires at 10:00 ET.

In U.S. corporate news:

CVS Health (CVS 79.99, +0.87): +1.1% after reporting above-consensus earnings.
Marriott (MAR 104.40, -1.77): -1.7% despite reporting better than expected earnings and revenues.
Michael Kors (KORS 41.90, +4.67): +12.5% after beating both top and bottom line estimates and issuing upbeat guidance.
Foot Locker (FL 50.03, +1.19): +2.4% after the company's stock was upgraded to 'Overweight' from 'Equal-Weight' at Morgan Stanley.

Reviewing overnight developments:

Equity indices in the Asia-Pacific region ended Tuesday on a mixed note. Japan's Nikkei -0.3%, Hong Kong's Hang Seng +0.6%, China's Shanghai Composite +0.1%, India's Sensex -0.8%.
In economic data:
China's July trade surplus expanded to $46.74 billion from $42.77 billion (expected $46.08 billion)
Japan's June Current Account JPY1.52 trillion (expected JPY1.51 trillion; last JPY1.40 trillion). July Bank Lending +3.3% year-over-year, as expected (last 3.3%). July Economy Watchers Current Index 49.7 (expected 49.8; last 50.0)
Australia's July NAB Business Confidence 12 (last 9) and July NAB Business Survey 15 (last 15)
In news:
China reported a higher than expected trade surplus, but export growth slowed for the fifth consecutive month.
Japan's Foreign Minister Taro Kono met with his North Korean counterpart, but details of the meeting were not provided.
Former Bank of Japan Deputy Governor Kikuo Iwata said the central bank should begin reducing its asset purchases until they are lowered to JPY40 trillion from JPY80 trillion.

Major European indices trade little changed. Germany's DAX unch, France's CAC unch, UK's FTSE unch, Spain's IBEX +0.2%.
In economic data:
Germany's June trade surplus EUR21.20 billion (expected surplus of EUR21.00 billion; last surplus of EUR20.30 billion). June Imports -4.5% month-over-month (expected 0.2%; last 1.3%) and June Exports -2.8% month-over-month (expected -0.3%; last 1.5%)
France's June trade deficit EUR4.70 billion (expected deficit of EUR5.10 billion; last deficit of EUR4.40 billion). June Government Budget Balance -EUR62.30 billion (last -EUR66.40 billion)
Swiss July Unemployment Rate held at 3.2%, as expected
In news:
Germany's trade surplus had a disappointing composition as both imports and exports missed expectations; however, the market reaction has been muted, allowing the euro to edge up 0.1% against the dollar to 1.1812.
European Commission member Pierre Moscovici said the eurozone needs to work on harmonizing the tax base instead of the tax rate. He added that France's deficit-to-GDP ratio for 2017 might be below 3.0%.
Mining shares listed in London could be on the move once the results of a no-confidence vote being held against South Africa's President Jacob Zuma are announced. The vote is being held in secret in hopes of encouraging more African National Congress members to vote against the president.

05:58AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: -1.90. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +0.10.

[BRIEFING.COM] Nikkei

...19996...-59.90

...-0.30%

Hang Seng

...27855...+164.60

...+0.60%

[BRIEFING.COM] FTSE

...7522.98...-9.00

...-0.10%

DAX

...12258.97...+1.80

...+0.00%

04:25PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Equities opened the week on a positive note as the S&P 500 (+0.2%) ticked up to a new record high for the first time since July 26. The Dow (+0.1%) also closed at a new record high, marking its ninth-consecutive record close, but the Nasdaq was the top performer, outpacing its peers with a gain of 0.5%. A small late-afternoon rally left the major averages at their best marks of the day.

The benchmark S&P 500 index drifted within a five-point range on Monday as a lack of notable headlines resulted in a lack of conviction for investors. More sectors finished in the green than the red--seven to four--but sector movement was modest for the most part with eight of the eleven groups settling within 0.2% of their unchanged marks.

Three groups--technology, consumer staples, and energy--showed notable movement with the technology (+0.6%) and consumer staples (+0.7%) groups finishing at the top of the leaderboard and the energy space (-0.9%) settling at the bottom.

Tyson Foods (TSN 66.90, +3.60) was the top-performing component in the consumer staples sector, jumping 5.7% after beating both top and bottom line estimates and issuing upbeat revenue guidance. As for the tech sector, which is the heaviest sector in terms of weight, chipmakers were among the strongest components, sending the PHLX Semiconductor Index higher by 1.7%.

Mega-cap technology names like Apple (AAPL 158.81, +2.42) and Facebook (FB 171.98, +2.36) also played a vital role in the tech sector's positive performance, adding 1.6% and 1.4%, respectively.

As for the energy sector, nearly all of its components finished in the red as crude oil held a sizable loss for much of Monday's session. The commodity hit its session low ($48.55/bbl, -2.1%) in the late morning, but was able to retrace nearly all of the decline by the close. WTI crude settled lower by 0.1% at a price of $49.37/bbl.

On a related note, OPEC and non-OPEC nations kicked off a two-day compliance meeting in Abu Dhabi on Monday, looking to strengthen their efforts to tighten the world's oil supply. The current OPEC-led supply cut agreement has been in effect since the beginning of the year, but increased production from the United States has largely mitigated the effort.

It's also worth pointing out that Dow component United Technologies (UTX 118.52, -2.97) dropped 2.4% following news that the company has made an approach to acquire Rockwell Collins (COL 127.07, +8.07). Conversely, COL shares jumped 6.8% following the news.

Treasuries settled Monday's session with modest gains, leaving the benchmark 10-yr yield one basis point lower at 2.26%. Meanwhile, the U.S. Dollar Index (93.30, -0.07) finished lower by 0.1%.

Reviewing Monday's economic data, which was limited to the June Consumer Credit Report:

The Consumer Credit report for June showed an increase of $12.4 billion while the Briefing.com consensus expected growth of $16.2 billion. The prior month's credit growth was revised to $18.3 billion from $18.4 billion.

On Tuesday, investors will once again receive just one piece of economic data--June JOLTS. The report will cross the wires at 10:00 ET.

Nasdaq Composite +18.6% YTD
Dow Jones Industrial Average +11.9% YTD
S&P 500 +10.8% YTD
Russell 2000 +4.2% YTD

Dow: +25.61… | Nasdaq: +32.21… | S&P: +4.08…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1534/1345. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1398/1511

Image Price Action Trading @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/price-action-trading.htm

Image Review of TheStrategyLab @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=3167

Image TheStrategyLab Review @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/thestrategylab-reviews.htm

Special thanks to Bloomberg, Briefing, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance for their market summaries. Also, thank you for the review of TheStrategyLab performance record...hopefully the links will be useful for you. gm

Best Regards,
M.A. Perry
TheStrategyLab Price Action Trading
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
Image@ http://twitter.com/wrbtrader Image@ http://stocktwits.com/wrbtrader

http://www.thestrategylab.com
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
TheStrategyLab Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
Skype Messenger: kebec2002
wrbanalysis@gmail.com