TheStrategyLab.com Price Action Trading Support Forum

Forum for price action traders that want to learn WRB Analysis basic tutorial chapters 1, 2 and 3 prior to purchasing our advance trade methods. Hashtags: #wrbanalysis #wrbzone #wrbhiddengap #priceaction #trading
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: August 1st Tuesday Trade Results - Profits $550.00
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:24 pm 
Site Admin

Trade Results of M.A. Perry
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
TheStrategyLab Price Action Trading (no technical indicators)
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
Free Chat Room: http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164
Archive Real-Time Chat Logs (timestamp, entries/exits, position size): http://www.thestrategylab.com/ftchat/forum/viewforum.php?f=20
Accolades (Testimonials): http://www.thestrategylab.com/Accolades.htm
TheStrategyLab Reviews: http://www.thestrategylab.com/thestrategylab-reviews.htm
Price Action Trading: http://www.thestrategylab.com/price-action-trading.htm
TheStrategyLab Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
wrbanalysis@gmail.com (24/7)
http://stocktwits.com/wrbtrader (24/7)
http://twitter.com/wrbtrader (24/7)

Attachment:
080117-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-PnL-Blotter-Profit+550.00.png
080117-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-PnL-Blotter-Profit+550.00.png [ 96.27 KiB | Viewed 270 times ]

click on the above image to view today's performance verification

Price Action Trade Performance for Today: Emini TF ($TF_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Emini ES ($ES_F) futures @ $550.00 dollars or +11.00 points, Light Crude Oil CL ($CL_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Gold GC ($GC_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points and EuroFX 6E ($6E_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.0000 ticks. Total Profit @ $550.00 dollars

Disclaimer: Today's trading performance is not an indication of my future performance and not an indication of the future performance for any trader that decides to learn/apply WRB Analysis.

Russell 2000 Emini TF Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ The ICE
S&P 500 Emini ES Futures: 1 tick or 0.25 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Light Crude Oil CL (WTI) Futures: 1 tick or 0.01 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Gold GC Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
EuroFX 6E Futures: 1 tick or 0.0001 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup

Today's Trade Log: All of my live trades are posted real-time in the timestamp ##TheStrategyLab free chat room for anyone to do a real-time review. The live trade is posted 3.2 seconds on average after the trade confirmation via an auto script to minimize delays in posting of my trades. You can review today's price action trade journal about my trades (e.g. time, price entry, contract size, price exit, market analysis) as the trade traversed to its completion. In addition, sometimes I'll post real-time trading tips in the free ##TheStrategyLab chat room involving WRBs, WRB Hidden GAPs, Key Market Events (KME), Tutorial Chapters 2 & 3, WRB Zones, Reaction Highs/Lows, Contracting Volatility or Expanding Volatility. Its all archived @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/ftchat/forum/viewtopic.php?f=170&t=2613

Image ##TheStrategyLab Chat Room is free. The free chat room is not a signal calling trading room. I do not mentor (never have) although I get many requests to do mentoring. There is education but only in members private threads at the forum involving members asking questions (help) about their own trading. Thus, the primary purpose of TheStrategyLab free chat room is for you to use as your trade journal so that you can use as valuable feedback and for members to help each other...as in more eyes on the market. Also, you can use TheStrategyLab free chat room to ask real-time WRB Analysis questions. Yet, please do not post your brokerage statements in the free chat room. Instead, its highly recommended that you only post your brokerage statements in your private thread for security reasons. TheStrategyLab free chat room is on IRC via users request because the IRC servers are located in many different countries, software in many different languages and many different types of social media software can be used to log in. I'm the moderator of the free chat room. Thus, I keep the peace between members via removing trouble makers so that members can peacefully post their market observations, trades, WRB Analysis commentary about the markets.

TheStrategyLab free chat room is not for traders looking for someone to hold their hands and tell them when to buy or sell. TheStrategyLab is for you to post your real-time analysis or trades so that you can review as feedback for any trading day to provide valuable information about the results in your broker statements. Access instructions for chat room @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164

Quote:
All of my real-time posted trades involves price action concepts from the WRB Analysis free study guide, Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 4 - 12 and the Volatility Trading Report (VTR) trade signal strategies. Analysis -----> Trade Signals

Also, posted below for you to review are direct links to information about my price action trade methodology and trading plan (there's a difference between the two) that enables me to identify key trading areas in the price action that represent changes in supply/demand and volatility along with being able to exploit these changes via WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis). I'm primarily a day trader because it suits my personal lifestyle but I do occasionally swing trade and position trade. Simply, my trade method is applicable for position trading, swing trading and day trading.

Image Price Action Analysis via Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/WRBAnalysisTutorials.htm and there's a free study guide of the WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1, 2 and 3 @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=718

Analysis -----> Trade Signals

Image Trade Signal Strategies via Volatility Trading Report (VTR) @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/VolatilityTrading.htm and there's a free trade signal strategy @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=89 so that you can freely test drive one of our price action trade strategies with support (answering your questions) prior to purchasing the Volatility Trading Report (VTR). All WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1 - 12 are included in the purchase of the Volatility Trading Report (VTR).

Image Daily Trading Plan Routine @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=327&t=3486 contains brief information about trading plan, market context, brokers, trading time frames, position size management and other discussions.

-----------------------------

Market Context Summaries

The below summaries by Bloomberg, Briefing, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance helps me to do a quick review of the fundamentals, FED/ECB/BOE/IMF actions or any important global economic events (e.g. Eurozone, MarketWatch.com) that had an impact on today's price action in many trading instruments I monitor during the trading day. Simply, I'm a strong believer that key market events causes key changes in supply/demand and volatility resulting in trade opportunities (swing points and strong continuation price actions) that reach profit targets. Thus, I pay attention to these key market events, intermarket analysis (e.g. Forex EurUsd, EuroFX 6E futures, Gold GC futures, Light Crude Oil (WTI) CL & Brent Oil futures, Eurex DAX futures, Euronext FTSE100 futures, Emini ES futures, Emini TF futures, Treasury ZB futures and U.S. Dollar Index futures) while using WRB Analysis from one trade to the next trade to give me the market context for price action trading before the appearance of my technical analysis trade signals. Therefore, I maintain these archives for easy review to allow me to understand what was happening on any given trading day in the past involving key market events to help better understand my trade decisions (day trading, swing trading, position trading)...something I can not get from my broker PnL statements alone. Further, most financial websites remove (delete) their archives after a few years to make room for new content. Therefore, I maintain my own archives of the news content so that I have it available for me when financial websites no longer archives their content.

Attachment:
080117-Key-Price-Action-Markets.png
080117-Key-Price-Action-Markets.png [ 906.2 KiB | Viewed 254 times ]

click on the above image to view today's price action of key markets

The Market at 04:30PM ET
Dow: +72.80… | Nasdaq: +14.82… | S&P: +6.05…
NASDAQ Vol: 1.8 bln… Adv: 1509… Dec: 1359…
NYSE Vol: 826.6 mln… Adv: 1771… Dec: 1141…

Moving the Market

Another batch of generally upbeat earnings reports

Top-weighted technology and financials sectors outperform

Crude oil plunges following six-session rally, weighs on energy stocks

Rate-hike concerns tempered a bit following disappointing June Personal Income & June Construction Spending figures

Sector Watch
Strong: Financials, Technology, Telecom Services, Utilities, Real Estate
Weak: Industrials, Energy, Health Care, Consumer Staples
04:30PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The equity market registered a modest win on Tuesday as the Dow Jones Industrial Average (+0.3%) climbed to another record close, its fifth in a row. Trading was fairly tight, leaving the S&P 500 (+0.2%) within a seven-point range from start to finish. The Nasdaq (+0.2%) also finished in the green, but stopped short of reclaiming all of Monday's decline.

Eight of eleven sectors managed to settle in positive territory. The top-weighted financials (+0.8%) and technology (+0.5%) spaces exhibited relative strength with financials extending its week-to-date advance to 1.4%. The technology sector's most influential component--Apple (AAPL 150.05, +1.32)--moved sharply higher in the final minutes, adding 0.9%, ahead of its afternoon earnings release.

Sprint (S 8.87, +0.89) led the telecom services space (+0.3%) to another win, its fifth in six sessions, after beating bottom-line estimates and raising its profit guidance. It's also worth noting that the company believes an M&A announcement will come "in the near future." S shares settled higher by 11.2%.

American automakers tumbled on Tuesday following some disappointing sales figures for the month of July. General Motors (GM 34.76, -1.22) dropped 3.4% after reporting a 15.0% year-over-year decline in total U.S. sales. Meanwhile, Ford Motor (F 10.95, -0.27) slipped 2.4% after reporting a year-over-year decline of 7.5%.

The U.S. auto market has struggled so far in 2017 following seven straight years of growth. Today's slide leaves Ford shares and GM shares with year-to-date losses of 9.7% and 0.2%, respectively.

Still, despite automakers' tumble, the consumer discretionary space (+0.2%) settled in line with the broader market. Under Armour (UAA 18.30, -1.72) was the sector's weakest component, dropping 8.6% to its lowest level in nearly four years, after announcing a restructuring plan and lowering its guidance for the fiscal year.

The energy sector (+0.1%) managed to eke out a victory despite crude oil's negative performance; the commodity dropped 2.0% to $49.19/bbl, ending its six-session winning streak. The downward move came on the heels of a Bloomberg survey that suggested OPEC crude output rose by 210,000 barrels per day in July.

As for the three sectors to finish in the red--industrials (-0.2%), health care (-0.2%), and consumer staples (-0.1%)--losses were relatively modest. Within the industrial space, Cummins (CMI 157.48, -10.42) was the weakest performer, dropping 6.2%, after missing bottom-line estimates.

Biotechnology names weighed on the health care sector, evidenced by the 1.0% decrease in the iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 315.77, -3.32). Meanwhile, Dow component Pfizer (PFE 33.08, -0.08) registered a modest loss of 0.2% following a mixed earnings report; PFE beat earnings estimates but fell short of revenue expectations.

In Washington, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) announced that Congress plans to take up tax reform following its August recess, which concludes on September 4.

U.S. Treasuries rallied in a curve-flattening trade on Tuesday after June Personal Income and June Construction Spending both came in short of estimates; the benchmark 10-yr yield dropped four basis points to 2.25% while the 2-yr yield surrendered just one basis point, settling at 1.35%.

Reviewing Tuesday's economic data, which included June Personal Income and Personal Spending, June Construction Spending, and the July ISM Index:

Personal income was unchanged in June (Briefing.com consensus +0.3%) after a downwardly revised 0.3% increase for May (from 0.4%). Personal spending rose 0.1%, as expected, while the prior month's reading was revised to 0.2% from 0.1%. The core PCE Price Index, which excludes food and energy, increased 0.1%, as expected.
The key takeaway from the report is that the inflation data supported the market's preconception that the Fed is unlikely to raise the target range for the fed funds rate at its September meeting.
The Construction Spending report for June declined 1.3% while the Briefing.com consensus expected an increase of 0.5%. The prior month's reading was revised to 0.3% from 0.0%.
The key takeaway from the report is that the 1.6% year-over-year growth rate in total construction spending is the second-lowest growth rate since 2011.
The ISM Index for July declined to 56.3 from an unrevised reading of 57.8 in June while the Briefing.com consensus expected a downtick to 56.2.
The key takeaway from the report is that its core components all remain in a growth mode. According to the ISM, if the PMI for July is annualized, it corresponds to a 4.1% increase in real GDP annually.

On Wednesday, investors will receive just two pieces of economic data--the weekly MBA Mortgage Applications Index and the ADP Employment Change Report for July (Briefing.com consensus 187K). The two reports will be released at 7:00 ET and 8:15 ET, respectively.

Nasdaq Composite +18.2% YTD
S&P 500 +10.6% YTD
Dow Jones Industrial Average +11.1% YTD
Russell 2000 +5.3% YTD

Dow: +72.80… | Nasdaq: +14.82… | S&P: +6.05…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1509/1359. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1771/1141.

03:10PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Commodities end the day lower:

Overall, commodities, as measured by the Bloomberg Commodity Index, are currently down 1%% at 83.5325.
Dollar index is up 0.2% at 93.05.
Sept WTI crude is noticeably lower on the day leading into API inventory data after the bell today.
Futures settled $1.01 lower to $49.19/barrel.
In other energy, Sept natural gas settled up $0.06 at $2.82/MMBtu
On to metals:
Dec gold gained $4.30 to settle at $1279.50/oz, while September silver settled flat at $16.77/oz
September copper lost $0.01 to $2.88/lb
Finally, agriculture:
September corn is lower $0.09 at $3.63/bu.
November soy is down $0.37 at $9.70/bu.
September wheat is down $0.15 at $4.61/bu.

Dow: +74.31… | Nasdaq: +6.45… | S&P: +4.55…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1479/1404. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1684/1228.

03:00PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The Dow Jones Industrial Average (+0.4%) is on track to post its fifth-consecutive record close moving into the final stretch. The S&P 500 (+0.3%) also has a reasonable shot at a record close while the Nasdaq (+0.2%) hovers about 60 points below its record mark.

Investors will most certainly be sticking around after today's closing bell as Apple (AAPL 149.17, +0.44), the S&P 500's largest component by market cap, is set to deliver its latest earnings report. The market will be particularly interested in any information surrounding the company's upcoming iPhone 8 release, which has been generating hype for months. AAPL shares currently sport a gain of 0.3%.

At this point in the earnings season, around 63.0% of S&P 500 components have reported their quarterly results with a reported growth rate of 10.4%, much higher than the estimated growth rate of 6.6%.

Dow: +84.36… | Nasdaq: +10.60… | S&P: +6.17…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1508/1378. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1737/1176.

02:30PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages hover near their best marks of the day with the S&P 500 sporting a gain of 0.3%.

American automakers General Motors (GM 34.76, -1.22) and Ford Motor (F 10.96, -0.26) have dropped 3.4% and 2.3%, respectively, after reporting disappointing sales for the month of July. GM showed a year-over-year decline of 15.0% in total U.S. sales while Ford reported a year-over-year drop of 7.5%. The U.S. auto market has struggled this year following seven consecutive years of growth.

However, despite automakers' weakness, the consumer discretionary sector (+0.3%) has managed to keep pace with the broader market. For the year, the consumer discretionary space hovers in third place in the sector standings with a year-to-date gain of 12.4%.

Dow: +81.83… | Nasdaq: +12.74… | S&P: +6.12…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1459/1403. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1712/1186.

02:00PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Stocks continue to trend sideways, keeping the S&P 500 within a one-point range over the last two hours of action.

Transports are lagging for the second day in a row, evidenced by the 0.6% decrease in the Dow Jones Transportation Average. Within the DJTA, Ryder System (R 70.64, -2.12) is the weakest performer, dropping 2.9%, while Matson (MATX 29.35, +1.35) is the strongest, jumping 4.8%. MATX is trading higher in response to its latest earnings report, which was released last night and showed better than expected earnings and revenues.

In the bond market, Treasuries have ticked up to new session highs in recent action. The benchmark 10-yr yield is lower by four basis points at 2.25%.

Dow: +82.76… | Nasdaq: +12.09… | S&P: +6.16…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1430/1431. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1722/1162.

01:30PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major U.S. indices are holding on to modest gains in today's sideways trade as investors prepare for the next wave of earnings reports.

A look inside the Dow Jones Industrial Average shows that Intel (INTC 36.21, +0.74), Verizon (VZ 49.08, +0.68), & Visa (V 100.94, +1.38) are outperforming amid broad market strength.

Conversely, General Electric (GE 25.35, -0.26) is the worst-performing Dow component as industrials lag in today's session.

With stocks again higher, the DJIA is up 0.7% to start the week.

Dow: +87.25… | Nasdaq: +9.54… | S&P: +6.06…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1371/1476. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1669/1191.

01:00PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Trading has been relatively tight throughout the first half of Tuesday's session, leaving the benchmark S&P 500 (+0.2%) within an eight-point range since the opening bell. The Dow (+0.4%) trades a step ahead of the benchmark index, looking for its fifth-straight record close, while the Nasdaq (+0.1%) trades a step behind.

Seven of the eleven sectors are trading higher this afternoon with the lightly-weighted telecom services space (+1.1%) leading the advance. Sprint (S 8.79, +0.81) has surged 10.2% to its best level in nearly two months after beating bottom-line estimates and raising its profit guidance. Wireless giant Verizon (VZ 49.41, +1.04) is also solidly higher, adding 2.2%.

The heavily-weighted financial sector (+0.7%) has done its part in keeping the broader market afloat today as nearly all of its components trade in the green. Meanwhile, the technology sector (+0.4%), the only group more influential than financials, also outperforms in front of Apple's (AAPL 148.93, +0.21) latest earnings report, which will be released following today's closing bell.

Apple is the S&P 500's largest component by market cap and has had a huge part in the stock market's bullish 2017 campaign, climbing 28.6% since the beginning of the year. Tonight, investors will be looking for further details on the company's upcoming iPhone 8, which is expected to be released later this year.

On the flip side, the heavily-weighted health care sector has struggled today, losing 0.1%. Dow component Pfizer (PFE 33.15, -0.01) has come up from its session low in recent action, but is still underperforming, following a mixed earnings report; PFE beat earnings estimates but fell short of revenue expectations.

Biotech names have also worked against the health care sector, evidenced by the iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 315.08, -4.01), which is down 1.3%. Incyte (INCY 127.85, -5.44) is one of the IBB's weakest components, dropping 4.1%, after reporting below-consensus earnings this morning.

The industrial sector (-0.4%) trades at the very bottom of the sector standings with Cummins (CMI 156.01, -11.89) leading the retreat. CMI shares have plunged 7.1% after the company missed bottom-line estimates. The materials (unch) and energy (-0.2%) groups are the only other two sectors trading in the red.

Crude oil has weighed on the energy space, dropping 3.2% to a price of $48.61/bbl. The commodity came into today's session on a six-session winning streak, during which it climbed 9.6%.

U.S. Treasuries are rallying in a curve-flattening trade after June Personal Income and June Construction Spending both came in short of estimates; the benchmark 10-yr yield is lower by three basis points at 2.26% while the 2-yr yield is lower by one basis point at 1.34%. Meanwhile, the U.S. Dollar Index (92.92, +0.25) is up 0.3%.

Reviewing Tuesday's economic data, which included June Personal Income and Personal Spending, June Construction Spending, and the July ISM Index:

Personal income was unchanged in June (Briefing.com consensus +0.3%) after a downwardly revised 0.3% increase for May (from 0.4%). Personal spending rose 0.1%, as expected, while the prior month's reading was revised to 0.2% from 0.1%. The core PCE Price Index, which excludes food and energy, increased 0.1%, as expected.
The key takeaway from the report is that the inflation data supported the market's preconception that the Fed is unlikely to raise the target range for the fed funds rate at its September meeting.
The Construction Spending report for June declined 1.3% while the Briefing.com consensus expected an increase of 0.5%. The prior month's reading was revised to 0.3% from 0.0%.
The key takeaway from the report is that the 1.6% year-over-year growth rate in total construction spending is the second-lowest growth rate since 2011.
The ISM Index for July declined to 56.3 from an unrevised reading of 57.8 in June while the Briefing.com consensus expected a downtick to 56.2.
The key takeaway from the report is that its core components all remain in a growth mode. According to the ISM, if the PMI for July is annualized, it corresponds to a 4.1% increase in real GDP annually.

Dow: +83.99… | Nasdaq: +7.90… | S&P: +5.41…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1342/1506. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1616/1225.

12:25PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The S&P 500 (+0.2%) and the Dow (+0.4%) trade near their best marks of the day while the Nasdaq (+0.2%) hovers in the middle of its trading range.

Biotech names are underperforming today, evidenced by the 1.1% decline in the iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 315.85, -3.24). Incyte (INCY 127.79, -5.49) is one of the IBB's weakest components, dropping 4.1%, after reporting below-consensus earnings this morning. Today's slide puts the company below its 50-day simple moving average (129.60) for the first time since the middle of June.

The influential health care sector (-0.1%) trails the broader market, trading in the red with the industrials (-0.4%) and materials (-0.1%) groups. The energy space hovers at its flat line while the seven remaining sectors hold gains between 0.1% (real estate) and 1.0% (telecom services).

Dow: +88.39… | Nasdaq: +8.73… | S&P: +5.60…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1383/1466. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1620/1214.

11:55AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages continue drifting along, hovering just a step above their unchanged marks.

Crude oil has plunged 3.2% to $48.59/bbl in today's session, most likely putting an end to its six-session winning streak. However, the commodity did manage to orchestrate a late-afternoon comeback on Monday, swapping a 1.0% loss for a 1.0% gain in just an hour. The energy sector (-0.3%) has moved lower in tandem with crude oil and currently hovers near the bottom of today's sector standings.

The American Petroleum Institute (API) will deliver its weekly crude inventory report this afternoon at 16:30 ET. However, the market's response will likely be somewhat subdued until the Department of Energy releases the official government figures--which often deviate sharply from the API numbers--on Wednesday morning.

Dow: +80.84… | Nasdaq: +10.22… | S&P: +4.40…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1435/1376. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1611/1209.

11:25AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Equities have ticked down in recent action, reducing the S&P 500's gain to 0.1%. Meanwhile, the Dow outperforms, sporting a gain of 0.3%.

Sprint (S 8.80, +0.82) is leading the telecom services sector (+0.7%) higher this morning after reporting better than expected earnings and raising its profit guidance. The company's shares have surged 10.3%, hitting their best mark in nearly two months. Meanwhile, wireless giants Verizon (VZ 49.22, +0.82) and AT&T (T 38.96, -0.04) trade mixed; VZ is up 1.7% while T is down 0.1%.

The telecom services space has been bullish since AT&T reported earnings one week ago, climbing 9.0%. However, despite the recent upswing, the sector still holds a solid year-to-date loss of 7.6%. For comparison, the S&P 500 has added 10.4% in 2017.

Dow: +69.00… | Nasdaq: +5.28… | S&P: +1.72…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1368/1436. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1554/1241.

10:55AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Trading has been pretty tight this morning, keeping the benchmark S&P 500 (+0.2%) within a seven-point range.

Seven of the eleven sectors trade in positive territory, but gains have been modest thus far. The top-weighted technology and financials sectors are among the top performers, adding 0.4% apiece. On the flip side, the health care (-0.3%) and industrials (-0.2%) groups hover at the bottom of the sector standings.

Pfizer (PFE 32.76, -0.40) was the only Dow component to report earnings this morning. The company's results were mixed, showing better than expected earnings but worse than expected revenues. In response, investors have sent PFE shares lower by 1.2% in today's session.

Dow: +81.44… | Nasdaq: +16.03… | S&P: +5.05…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1356/1420. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1604/1156.

10:50AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Commodities are beginning the day lower:

Overall, commodities, as measured by the Bloomberg Commodity Index, are currently down 0.73% at 83.7794.
Dollar index is currently up 0.07% at 92.92.
Looking at energy...
Tomorrow we will get EIA Crude oil inventory data
Last weeks data showed a large draw of 7.2 mln barrels
Currently, Sept WTI crude oil futures are down $0.58 at $49.59/barrel
In other energy,
Sept natural gas is up $0.009 at $2.803/MMBtu
Moving on to metals...
Aug gold is up $5.60 at $1279.00/oz, while Sept silver is down $0.004 at $16.79/oz
Sept copper is now down $0.004 at $2.8875/lb
In agriculture...
Sept corn futures are down $0.08 at $3.6275/bu
November soy futures are down $0.3175 at $9.755/bu
Sept wheat futures are down $0.0425 at $4.7025/bu

Dow: +80.12… | Nasdaq: +14.7… | S&P: +4.64…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1321/1436. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1585/1164.

10:00AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages continue hovering a step above their unchanged marks.

Just in, the ISM Index for July declined to 56.3 from an unrevised reading of 57.8 in June while the Briefing.com consensus expected a downtick to 56.2.

Separately, the Construction Spending report for June declined 1.3% while the Briefing.com consensus expected an increase of 0.5%. The prior month's reading was revised to 0.3% from 0.0%.

Dow: +62.25… | Nasdaq: +9.13… | S&P: +3.64…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1317/1324. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1495/1188.

09:45AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages opened Tuesday's session in positive territory with the S&P 500 sporting a gain of 0.2%.

Most sectors trade in the green this morning with energy (-0.1%), health care (-0.1%), and materials (-0.1%) being the only laggards. The heavily-weighted financial sector (+0.3%) is demonstrating relative strength for the second day in a row, extending its week-to-date gain to 1.0%. The real estate space is the top performer, up 0.7%.

U.S. Treasuries have ticked up recently in a curve-flattening trade. The 10-yr yield is unchanged at 2.30% while the 2-yr yield is lower by one basis point at 1.34%.

Dow: +77.15… | Nasdaq: +18.32… | S&P: +5.01…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1431/1147. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1606/1035.

09:17AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +8.80. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +25.60.

Buyers have the edge this morning following Monday's mixed finish and ahead of Apple's (AAPL 149.10, +0.37) latest earnings report, which will be released following the closing bell. The S&P 500 futures currently trade nine points, or 0.4%, above fair value.

U.S. Treasuries are trading lower after June personal income missed expectations (0.0% actual vs +0.3% Briefing.com consensus). However, June personal spending (+0.1%) and the June core PCE Price Index (+0.1%) both met expectations. The benchmark 10-yr yield is two basis points higher at 2.31%.

Investors will receive two additional pieces of economic data today--June Construction Spending (Briefing.com consensus 0.5%) and the July ISM Index (Briefing.com consensus 56.2). Both reports will be released at 10:00 ET. Also of note, July auto and truck sales will be released throughout the day.

In U.S. corporate news, Pfizer (PFE 33.10, -0.06) is down 0.2% in pre-market action after a mixed earnings report; the Dow component beat earnings estimates but fell short of revenue expectations. Meanwhile, Under Armour (UAA 19.03, -1.01) has dropped 5.0% after announcing a restructuring plan and lowering its guidance for the fiscal year.

Elsewhere on the earnings front, Cummins (CMI 158.50, -9.47) has tumbled 5.6% this morning after missing earnings estimates, Simon Properties (SPG 162.05, +3.55) is up 2.2% after beating bottom-line estimates, and Sprint (S 8.34, +0.36) is up 4.1% after beating earnings expectations and raising its profit guidance.

Crude oil's six-session winning streak is in danger as the commodity currently trades lower by 0.4% at a price of $49.93/bbl. Meanwhile, the U.S. Dollar Index (92.83, +0.16) is higher by 0.2%.

08:50AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +7.80. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +20.90.

The S&P 500 futures trade eight points, or 0.3%, above fair value.

Equity indices in the Asia-Pacific region ended Tuesday on a higher note. Regional economic data included below-consensus Manufacturing PMI readings from India and Japan while China's Caixin Manufacturing PMI beat expectations. The People's Bank of China reportedly uncovered operational violations at 40 Chinese banks. The banks have up to six months to correct the issues. In Japan, Chief Cabinet Secretary Yoshihide Suga confirmed that Prime Minister Shinzo Abe plans to reshuffle his cabinet on August 3. The Reserve Bank of Australia left its cash rate unchanged at 1.50%, as expected. The central bank noted that the relative strength of the Australian dollar results from weakness in the U.S. dollar. The Reserve Bank of India will meet overnight.

In economic data:
Japan's July Manufacturing PMI 52.1 (expected 52.2; last 52.2)
China's July Caixin Manufacturing PMI 51.1 (consensus 50.4; last 50.4)
India's Nikkei July Manufacturing PMI 47.9 (expected 50.8; last 50.9)
South Korea's July Nikkei Manufacturing PMI 49.1 (last 50.1)
Australia's July AIG Manufacturing Index 56.0 (last 55.0)
South Korea's July CPI +0.2% month-over-month (last -0.1%); +1.9% year-over-year (consensus 2.0%; last 1.9%). July trade surplus narrowed to KRW10.65 billion from KRW10.77 billion. July Imports +14.5% year-over-year (last 19.8%) and July Exports +19.5% year-over-year (last 13.6%)

---Equity Markets---

Japan's Nikkei edged up 0.3%. Toshiba spiked 11.0% while Nitto Denko, Yamato Holdings, Teijin, Sumitomo Mitsui Financial, T&D Holdings, Dentsu, Sumitomo Mitsui, Sony Financial Holdings, and Mitsubishi advanced between 1.8% and 3.7%.
Hong Kong's Hang Seng climbed 0.8%, nearing its high from 2015. Financials ended in the lead with Ping An Insurance, China Life Insurance, BoC Hong Kong, Bank of China, Bank of East Asia, China Construction Bank, ICBC, and Hang Seng Bank climbed between 0.8% and 4.1%. On the downside, Geely Automobile lost 1.8%.
China's Shanghai Composite slipped from its high in afternoon action, but charged to a fresh high into the close, adding 0.6%. Shanghai Jin Jiang International Industrial Investment, Shanghai Lujiazui Finance & Trade Zone Development, Anhui Expressway, Bestsun Energy, and Beijing Teamsun Technology gained between 4.5% and 5.1%.
India's Sensex ticked up 0.2% with more than half of its components moving higher. Hero MotoCorp, Maruti Suzuki, and Mahidra&Mahindra gained between 1.8% and 2.1% while tech consultants were mixed. Wipro gained 1.8%, Tata Consultancy shed 0.2%, and Infosys lost 0.6%. Lupin was the weakest performer, falling 1.4%.

Major European indices trade higher across the board while the euro (1.1810) has shed 0.3% against the dollar after hitting a 19-month high against the greenback yesterday afternoon. British Chancellor Philip Hammond said Brexit will not be postponed or delayed, but the balancing of the UK's budget may be delayed.

In economic data:
Eurozone Q2 GDP +0.6% quarter-over-quarter, as expected (last 0.5%); +2.1% year-over-year (consensus 2.4%; last 1.9%). July Manufacturing PMI 56.6 (expected 56.8; last 56.8)
Germany's July Manufacturing PMI 58.1 (expected 58.3; last 58.3). July Unemployment Change -9,000 (consensus -5,000; last 6,000) and Unemployment Rate held at 5.7%, as expected
UK's July Manufacturing PMI 55.1 (expected 54.4; last 54.2). July Nationwide HPI +0.3% month-over-month (expected -0.1%; last 1.1%); +2.9% year-over-year (consensus 2.7%; last 3.1%)
France's July Manufacturing PMI 54.9 (expected 55.4; last 55.4)
Italy's July Manufacturing PMI 55.1 (consensus 55.2; last 55.2)
Spain's July Manufacturing PMI 54.0 (expected 54.5; last 54.7)

---Equity Markets---

Germany's DAX is higher by 0.7% with most components trading in the green. Lufthansa has spiked 2.6% while Prosiebensat 1, Heidelbergcement, and Infineon are up between 1.5% and 1.7%. BMW, Daimler, and Volkswagen show gains between 0.8% and 1.5%. Adidas is the weakest component, falling 0.9%.
France's CAC trades up 0.7% with heavyweights among the leaders. Peugeot, Airbus Group, Renault, Louis Vuitton, and Total have added between 1.3% and 1.8%. A handful of consumer names lag with Danone and Pernod Ricard shedding 0.4% and 0.6%, respectively.
UK's FTSE has climbed 0.8%. Rolls-Royce has surged 9.6% in reaction to upbeat earnings while BP has climbed 3.2% after it too beat estimates. Consumer stocks like Paddy Power, Imperial Brands, Taylor Wimpey, Burberry, and British American Tobacco show gains between 1.4% and 2.0%. On the downside, select miners like Fresnillo, Anglo American, and Randgold Resources show losses between 0.4% and 2.4%.

08:34AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +6.00. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +19.80.

The S&P 500 futures currently trade six points, or 0.2%, above fair value.

Just in, personal income was unchanged in June (Briefing.com consensus +0.3%) after a downwardly revised 0.3% increase for May (from 0.4%). Personal spending rose 0.1%, as expected, while the prior month's reading was revised to 0.2% from 0.1%.

The core PCE Price Index, which excludes food and energy, increased 0.1%, as expected.

08:01AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +5.30. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +20.40.

It appears that the stock market will open Tuesday's session in the green following yesterday's mixed finish. The S&P 500 futures currently trade five points, or 0.2%, above fair value.

Apple (AAPL 149.00, +0.27), the S&P 500's largest component by market cap, will release its latest earnings report following today's closing bell. Investors will be looking for further details on the much-anticipated iPhone 8, which is expected to be released later this year. AAPL shares currently hold a year-to-date gain of 28.4%.

The Personal Income and Personal Spending Report for June, which will cross the wires at 8:30 ET, is the highlight on today's economic calendar. The Briefing.com consensus expects that personal income and personal spending will increase by 0.3% and 0.1%, respectively. The report will also include the core PCE Price Index (Briefing.com consensus 0.1%).

In addition, investors will also receive the June Construction Spending Report (Briefing.com consensus 0.5%) and the July ISM Index (Briefing.com consensus 56.2), both of which will be released at 10:00 ET. Auto and truck sales will be released throughout the day.

U.S. Treasuries are trading flat for the second day in a row, leaving the benchmark 10-yr yield unchanged at 2.29%. Meanwhile, the U.S. Dollar Index (92.82, +0.15) is up 0.2% and crude oil is down 0.4% at $49.98/bbl. The commodity enters today's session on a six-session winning streak.

In U.S. corporate news:

Pfizer (PFE 33.38, +0.22): +0.7% after better than expected earnings outweighed lower than expected revenues.
Sprint (S 8.20, +0.22): +2.8% after beating bottom-line estimates and raising its profit guidance.
Under Armour (UAA 19.61, -0.41): -2.1% after downbeat guidance overshadowed better than expected earnings and revenues.

Reviewing overnight developments:

Equity indices in the Asia-Pacific region ended Tuesday on a higher note. Japan's Nikkei +0.3%, Hong Kong's Hang Seng +0.8%, China's Shanghai Composite +0.6%, India's Sensex +0.2%.
In economic data:
Japan's July Manufacturing PMI 52.1 (expected 52.2; last 52.2)
China's July Caixin Manufacturing PMI 51.1 (consensus 50.4; last 50.4)
India's Nikkei July Manufacturing PMI 47.9 (expected 50.8; last 50.9)
South Korea's July Nikkei Manufacturing PMI 49.1 (last 50.1)
Australia's July AIG Manufacturing Index 56.0 (last 55.0)
South Korea's July CPI +0.2% month-over-month (last -0.1%); +1.9% year-over-year (consensus 2.0%; last 1.9%). July trade surplus narrowed to KRW10.65 billion from KRW10.77 billion. July Imports +14.5% year-over-year (last 19.8%) and July Exports +19.5% year-over-year (last 13.6%)
In news:
Regional economic data included below-consensus Manufacturing PMI readings from India and Japan while China's Caixin Manufacturing PMI beat expectations.
The People's Bank of China reportedly uncovered operational violations at 40 Chinese banks. The banks have up to six months to correct the issues.
In Japan, Chief Cabinet Secretary Yoshihide Suga confirmed that Prime Minister Shinzo Abe plans to reshuffle his cabinet on August 3.
The Reserve Bank of Australia left its cash rate unchanged at 1.50%, as expected. The central bank noted that the relative strength of the Australian dollar results from weakness in the U.S. dollar.
The Reserve Bank of India will meet overnight.

Major European indices trade higher across the board while the euro (1.1814) has shed 0.2% against the dollar after hitting a 19-month high against the greenback yesterday afternoon. Germany's DAX +0.3%, France's CAC +0.5%, UK's FTSE +0.5%.
In economic data:
Eurozone Q2 GDP +0.6% quarter-over-quarter, as expected (last 0.5%); +2.1% year-over-year (consensus 2.4%; last 1.9%). July Manufacturing PMI 56.6 (expected 56.8; last 56.8)
Germany's July Manufacturing PMI 58.1 (expected 58.3; last 58.3). July Unemployment Change -9,000 (consensus -5,000; last 6,000) and Unemployment Rate held at 5.7%, as expected
UK's July Manufacturing PMI 55.1 (expected 54.4; last 54.2). July Nationwide HPI +0.3% month-over-month (expected -0.1%; last 1.1%); +2.9% year-over-year (consensus 2.7%; last 3.1%)
France's July Manufacturing PMI 54.9 (expected 55.4; last 55.4)
Italy's July Manufacturing PMI 55.1 (consensus 55.2; last 55.2)
Spain's July Manufacturing PMI 54.0 (expected 54.5; last 54.7)
In news:
British Chancellor Philip Hammond said Brexit will not be postponed or delayed, but the balancing of the UK's budget may be delayed.

05:50AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +8.50. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +32.60.

[BRIEFING.COM] Nikkei

...19986...+60.60

...+0.30%

Hang Seng

...27540...+216.20

...+0.80%

[BRIEFING.COM] FTSE

...7427.36...+55.40

...+0.80%

DAX

...12166...+47.50

...+0.40%

04:30PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The stock market ended July's last trading session on a mixed note; the Dow climbed 0.3%, to another record high, while the S&P 500 and the Nasdaq settled lower by 0.1% and 0.4%, respectively. The major averages drifted within a fairly narrow range from start to finish. For the month, the S&P 500 added 1.9%.

Monday's action resembled a sector rotation trade as the four advancing sectors--financials (+0.6%), energy (+0.2%), utilities (+0.4%), and telecom services (+0.4%)--have struggled to keep pace with the broader market throughout the year. On the flip side, the strongest sector in 2017--information technology (-0.5%)--settled near the bottom of the leaderboard.

The heavily-weighted financial sector benefited from broad strength with just about all of its components finishing in positive territory. Meanwhile, the energy group leaned on Dow components Exxon Mobil (XOM 80.04, +0.44) and Chevron (CVX 109.19, +1.07), which advanced 0.6% and 1.0%, respectively.

On a related note, crude oil settled in positive territory for the sixth session in a row thanks to a sharp afternoon rally. The commodity went from a loss of 0.8% to a gain of 1.0% in about an hour, eventually settling higher by 0.9% at a price of $50.20/bbl. Today's advance left crude oil higher by 9.0% for the month of July, its best month since April 2016.

The technology and materials spaces were the weakest sectors on Tuesday, dropping 0.5% and 0.8%, respectively. Mega-cap tech names like Facebook (FB 169.25, -3.20) and Alphabet (GOOGL 945.50, -12.83) weighed on the technology group, losing 1.9% and 1.3%, respectively. Chipmakers also underperformed, sending the PHLX Semiconductor Index lower by 0.7%.

Today's tech retreat precedes tomorrow's main event--the release of Apple's (AAPL 148.73, -0.77) latest earnings report. Apple, which is the largest S&P 500 component by market cap, will deliver its quarterly results following Tuesday's closing bell. Entering Tuesday's session, AAPL shares hold a huge year-to-date gain of 28.4%.

As for the remaining sectors--consumer discretionary (-0.1%), industrials (-0.1%), health care (-0.1%), consumer staples (-0.1%), and real estate (-0.1%)--losses were very modest.

In M&A news, Discovery Communications (DISCA 24.60, -2.20) plunged 8.2% after agreeing to acquire Scripps Networks (SNI 87.41, +0.50) for $14.6 billion, or $90 per share, in cash and stock.

On a separate note, reports indicate that SoftBank (SFTBY 40.15, -1.37)--the parent company of Sprint (S 7.98, -0.24)--is still interested in acquiring Charter Communications (CHTR 391.91, +21.65) despite Charter saying that it is not interested in acquiring Sprint.

In the bond market, U.S. Treasuries settled Monday's session relatively flat with the benchmark 10-yr yield finishing unchanged at 2.29%. The 2-yr yield climbed one basis point to 1.36%.

On the political front, the White House announced that Anthony Scaramucci will be leaving his role as White House Communications Director, giving newly appointed Chief of Staff John Kelly the ability to build his own team. The equity market had a muted reaction to the news.

Reviewing Monday's economic data, which was limited to July Chicago PMI and June Pending Home Sales:

Chicago PMI for July decreased to 58.9 from 65.7 in June while the Briefing.com consensus expected a reading of 60.0.
The key takeaway from the report is that the headline dip reflects some normal slowing after a remarkably strong month in June. All five barometer components declined in July, with new orders and production setting the pace.
Pending Home Sales for June rose 1.5% (Briefing.com consensus +1.1%). Today's reading follows a revised 0.7% decrease in May (from -0.8%).

On Tuesday, investors will receive several economic reports, including June Personal Income (Briefing.com consensus 0.3%) and Personal Spending (Briefing.com consensus 0.1%) at 8:30 ET, June Construction Spending (Briefing.com consensus 0.5%) at 10:00 ET, and the July ISM Index (Briefing.com consensus 56.2) also at 10:00 ET.

In addition, July auto and truck sales will be released throughout the day.

Nasdaq Composite +17.9% YTD
S&P 500 +10.3% YTD
Dow Jones Industrial Average +10.8% YTD
Russell 2000 +5.0% YTD

Dow: +60.81… | Nasdaq: -26.55… | S&P: -1.80…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1294/1548. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1565/1384.

Image Price Action Trading @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/price-action-trading.htm

Image Review of TheStrategyLab @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=3167

Image TheStrategyLab Review @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/thestrategylab-reviews.htm

Special thanks to Bloomberg, Briefing, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance for their market summaries. Also, thank you for the review of TheStrategyLab performance record...hopefully the links will be useful for you. gm

Best Regards,
M.A. Perry
TheStrategyLab Price Action Trading
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
Image@ http://twitter.com/wrbtrader Image@ http://stocktwits.com/wrbtrader

http://www.thestrategylab.com
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
TheStrategyLab Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
Skype Messenger: kebec2002
wrbanalysis@gmail.com