TheStrategyLab.com Price Action Trading Support Forum

Forum for price action traders that want to learn WRB Analysis basic tutorial chapters 1, 2 and 3 prior to purchasing our advance trade methods. Hashtags: #wrbanalysis #wrbzone #wrbhiddengap #priceaction #trading
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: July 10th Monday Trade Results - Profits $375.00
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:46 pm 
Site Admin

Trade Results of M.A. Perry
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
TheStrategyLab Price Action Trading (no technical indicators)
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
Free Chat Room: http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164
Archive Real-Time Chat Logs (timestamp, entries/exits, position size): http://www.thestrategylab.com/ftchat/forum/viewforum.php?f=20
Accolades (Testimonials): http://www.thestrategylab.com/Accolades.htm
TheStrategyLab Reviews: http://www.thestrategylab.com/thestrategylab-reviews.htm
TheStrategyLab Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
wrbanalysis@gmail.com (24/7)
http://stocktwits.com/wrbtrader (24/7)
http://twitter.com/wrbtrader (24/7)

Attachment:
071017-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-PnL-Blotter-Profit+375.00.png
071017-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-PnL-Blotter-Profit+375.00.png [ 96.01 KiB | Viewed 232 times ]

click on the above image to view today's performance verification

Price Action Trade Performance for Today: Emini TF ($TF_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Emini ES ($ES_F) futures @ $375.00 dollars or +7.50 points, Light Crude Oil CL ($CL_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Gold GC ($GC_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points and EuroFX 6E ($6E_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.0000 ticks. Total Profit @ $375.00 dollars

Disclaimer: Today's trading performance is not an indication of my future performance and not an indication of the future performance for any trader that decides to learn/apply WRB Analysis.

Russell 2000 Emini TF Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ The ICE
S&P 500 Emini ES Futures: 1 tick or 0.25 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Light Crude Oil CL (WTI) Futures: 1 tick or 0.01 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Gold GC Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
EuroFX 6E Futures: 1 tick or 0.0001 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup

Today's Trade Log: All of my live trades are posted real-time in the timestamp ##TheStrategyLab free chat room for anyone to do a real-time review. The live trade is posted 3.2 seconds on average after the trade confirmation via an auto script to minimize delays in posting of my trades. You can review today's price action trade journal about my trades (e.g. time, price entry, contract size, price exit, market analysis) as the trade traversed to its completion. In addition, sometimes I'll post real-time trading tips in the free ##TheStrategyLab chat room involving WRBs, WRB Hidden GAPs, Key Market Events (KME), Tutorial Chapters 2 & 3, WRB Zones, Reaction Highs/Lows, Contracting Volatility or Expanding Volatility. Its all archived @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/ftchat/forum/viewtopic.php?f=169&t=2595

Image ##TheStrategyLab Chat Room is free. The free chat room is not a signal calling trading room. I do not mentor (never have) although I get many requests to do mentoring. There is education but only in members private threads at the forum involving members asking questions (help) about their own trading. Thus, the primary purpose of TheStrategyLab free chat room is for you to use as your trade journal so that you can use as valuable feedback and for members to help each other...as in more eyes on the market. Also, you can use TheStrategyLab free chat room to ask real-time WRB Analysis questions. Yet, please do not post your brokerage statements in the free chat room. Instead, its highly recommended that you only post your brokerage statements in your private thread for security reasons. TheStrategyLab free chat room is on IRC via users request because the IRC servers are located in many different countries, software in many different languages and many different types of social media software can be used to log in. I'm the moderator of the free chat room. Thus, I keep the peace between members via removing trouble makers so that members can peacefully post their market observations, trades, WRB Analysis commentary about the markets.

TheStrategyLab free chat room is not for traders looking for someone to hold their hands and tell them when to buy or sell. TheStrategyLab is for you to post your real-time analysis or trades so that you can review as feedback for any trading day to provide valuable information about the results in your broker statements. Access instructions for chat room @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164

Quote:
All of my real-time posted trades involves price action concepts from the WRB Analysis free study guide, Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 4 - 12 and the Volatility Trading Report (VTR) trade signal strategies. Analysis -----> Trade Signals

Also, posted below for you to review are direct links to information about my price action trade methodology and trading plan (there's a difference between the two) that enables me to identify key trading areas in the price action that represent changes in supply/demand and volatility along with being able to exploit these changes via WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis). I'm primarily a day trader because it suits my personal lifestyle but I do occasionally swing trade and position trade. Simply, my trade method is applicable for position trading, swing trading and day trading.

Image Price Action Analysis via Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/WRBAnalysisTutorials.htm and there's a free study guide of the WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1, 2 and 3 @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=718

Analysis -----> Trade Signals

Image Trade Signal Strategies via Volatility Trading Report (VTR) @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/VolatilityTrading.htm and there's a free trade signal strategy @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=89 so that you can freely test drive one of our price action trade strategies with support (answering your questions) prior to purchasing the Volatility Trading Report (VTR). All WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1 - 12 are included in the purchase of the Volatility Trading Report (VTR).

Image Daily Trading Plan Routine @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=324&t=3459 contains brief information about trading plan, market context, brokers, trading time frames, position size management and other discussions.

-----------------------------

Market Context Summaries

The below summaries by Bloomberg, Briefing, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance helps me to do a quick review of the fundamentals, FED/ECB/BOE/IMF actions or any important global economic events (e.g. Eurozone, MarketWatch.com) that had an impact on today's price action in many trading instruments I monitor during the trading day. Simply, I'm a strong believer that key market events causes key changes in supply/demand and volatility resulting in trade opportunities (swing points and strong continuation price actions) that reach profit targets. Thus, I pay attention to these key market events, intermarket analysis (e.g. Forex EurUsd, EuroFX 6E futures, Gold GC futures, Light Crude Oil (WTI) CL & Brent Oil futures, Eurex DAX futures, Euronext FTSE100 futures, Emini ES futures, Emini TF futures, Treasury ZB futures and U.S. Dollar Index futures) while using WRB Analysis from one trade to the next trade to give me the market context for price action trading before the appearance of my technical analysis trade signals. Therefore, I maintain these archives for easy review to allow me to understand what was happening on any given trading day in the past involving key market events to help better understand my trade decisions (day trading, swing trading, position trading)...something I can not get from my broker PnL statements alone. Further, most financial websites remove (delete) their archives after a few years to make room for new content. Therefore, I maintain my own archives of the news content so that I have it available for me when financial websites no longer archives their content.

Attachment:
071017-Key-Price-Action-Markets.png
071017-Key-Price-Action-Markets.png [ 820.54 KiB | Viewed 228 times ]

click on the above image to view today's price action of key markets

The Market at 04:30PM ET
Dow: -5.82… | Nasdaq: +23.31… | S&P: +2.25…
NASDAQ Vol: 1.67 bln… Adv: 1092… Dec: 1673…
NYSE Vol: 799.0 mln… Adv: 1484… Dec: 1433…

Moving the Market

Top-weighted technology sector outperforms, influential health care group weighs

Crude oil retraces early loss, underpins energy sector

Sector Watch
Strong: Technology, Materials, Industrials, Consumer Discretionary, Energy
Weak: Health Care, Financials, Consumer Staples, Real Estate, Telecom Services

4:30PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The stock market kicked off the week with a rather uneventful, range-bound session that left the S&P 500 (+0.1%) just a step above its unchanged mark. The Nasdaq (+0.4%) outperformed the benchmark index while the Dow (unch) lagged, settling just a tick below its flat line. The major averages were hovering at their best marks of the day with less than 30 minutes to go in Monday's session, but a late bout of selling knocked them back to the middle of their trading ranges.

Sector movement was fairly modest throughout the first half of Monday's session, but things picked up a little bit in the afternoon. In general, cyclical sectors outperformed their countercyclical peers with growth-sensitive groups like technology (+0.8%), materials (+0.6%), energy (+0.3%), industrials (+0.2%), and consumer discretionary (+0.2%) settling in the green and defensive-oriented groups like health care (-0.3%), consumer staples (-0.7%), utilities (-0.2%), and telecom services (-0.5%) finishing in the red.

However, the cyclical vs countercyclical narrative doesn't fit Monday's session perfectly as the cyclical financial sector (-0.2%) struggled from the jump. The heavily-weighted group will remain a focal point this week as large-cap financial names like JPMorgan Chase (JPM 93.19, -0.66), Citigroup (C 67.65, -0.26), and Wells Fargo (WFC 55.59, -0.15) prepare to unofficially kick of earnings season with the release of their quarterly reports on Friday.

The top-weighted technology sector started the week with a solid performance that underpinned the broader market from virtually start to finish. The sector benefited from broad strength with chipmakers showing particular resolve, evidenced by the 1.2% increase in the PHLX Semiconductor Index. NVIDIA (NVDA 153.70, +6.94) led the semiconductor advance, jumping 4.7%, after the company's target price was raised to $200 at Needham.

Conversely, the consumer staples space registered a notable decline with Dow component Wal-Mart (WMT 73.23, -2.10) leading the retreat. The big-box retailer dropped 2.8% to a fresh three-month low with some traders citing Amazon's (AMZN 996.47, +17.71) third-annual Prime Day, a day in which the online retail giant offers Black Friday-type of deals to its Prime subscribers, as the catalyst to WMT's underperformance.

In the bond market, U.S. Treasuries settled Monday higher across the curve with the benchmark 10-yr yield dropping two basis points to 2.37%. Meanwhile, the U.S. Dollar Index (95.80, +0.02) finished flat.

Reviewing Monday's economic data, which was limited to May Consumer Credit:

The Consumer Credit report for May showed an increase of $18.4 billion while the Briefing.com consensus expected growth of $12.7 billion. The prior month's credit growth was revised to $12.9 billion from $8.1 billion.
Provided consumers weren't making greater use of revolving credit lines to cover basic needs due to a shortfall in income, this report can ostensibly be looked upon as a good sign for the economy since the expansion of credit is an integral contributor to economic growth. It is hard to say, though, because there isn't enough detail in the report and it tends to be subject to large revisions, which is why the market rarely shows much reaction to it.

Economic data will be limited again on Tuesday with investors receiving just two reports--May Wholesale Inventories (Briefing.com consensus 0.3%) and May JOLTS. Both reports will be released at 10:00 ET.

Nasdaq Composite +14.7% YTD
S&P 500 +8.4% YTD
Dow Jones Industrial Average +8.3% YTD
Russell 2000 +3.8% YTD

Dow: -5.82… | Nasdaq: +23.31… | S&P: +2.25…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1092/1673. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1484/1433.

03:20PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM]

Overall, commodities, as measured by the Bloomberg Commodity Index, are up today gaining 0.7% at 82.3597
WTI crude settled $0.16 higher to $44.41/barrel.
In other energy:
July natural gas rallied and finished up $0.07 to settle at $2.93/MMBtu
Precious metals performed well...
August gold gained $3.40 to settle at $1213.10/oz, while July silver gained $0.19 to $15.63/oz
July copper finished flat at $2.65/lb

Dow: +10.22… | Nasdaq: +25.89… | S&P: +3.74…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1150/1691. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1554/1369.

03:00PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages enter the final hour of action just a tick below their session highs with the S&P 500 sporting a gain of 0.2%.

Just in, the Consumer Credit report for May showed an increase of $18.4 billion while the Briefing.com consensus expected growth of $12.7 billion. The prior month's credit growth was revised to $12.9 billion from $8.1 billion.

Dow: +19.36… | Nasdaq: +28.54… | S&P: +4.64…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1231/1605. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1631/1292.

02:35PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Equity indices have not changed since the last update.

The consumer staples sector has slipped to the bottom of today's leaderboard and now shows a sizable loss of 0.8% after trending flat throughout the morning session. Large-cap names like Wal-Mart (WMT 73.63, -1.70) and Kroger (KR 22.67, -0.49) are leading the retreat with losses of 2.3% and 2.1%, respectively. For the month, the consumer staples sector is one of the weakest performers with a month-to-date loss of 1.6%.

On the earnings front, PepsiCo (PEP 114.36, -1.16) is the most notable company in the next round of earnings reports. The company will deliver its quarterly results tomorrow morning before the opening bell.

Dow: +20.03… | Nasdaq: +28.01… | S&P: +4.57…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1289/1563. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1660/1249.

02:05PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Range-bound action continues with the S&P 500 (+0.2%) hovering within a two-point range since 12:00 ET.

The industrial sector (+0.5%) is trading a step ahead of the broader market this afternoon amid broad strength. Aerospace and defense names show particular strength. Jefferies raised Boeing's (BA 203.90, +1.53) target price to $230 from $200 this morning, helping fuel BA's gain of 0.8%. Industrial heavyweight Caterpillar (CAT 108.19, +1.28) is also outperforming, extending its two-week gain to 3.9%. CAT shares currently trade higher by 1.2%.

However, on the downside, transports are underperforming, evidenced by the Dow Jones Transportation Average's slim gain of 0.1%. Airlines are among the weakest DJTA components with Southwest Airlines (LUV 63.28, -0.95) leading the retreat. LUV shares have dropped 1.5% in today's session after the company was downgraded to 'Peer Perform' from 'Outperform' at Wolfe Research following its June traffic metrics.

Dow: +24.07… | Nasdaq: +33.95… | S&P: +5.81…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1351/1481. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1709/1180.

01:30PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major U.S. indices continue to sport small gains to start the week in a quiet session.

A look inside the Dow Jones Industrial Average shows that Visa (V 95.05, +1.13), DuPont (DD 82.84, +0.81), & Apple (AAPL 145.62, +1.44) are outperforming.

Conversely, Wal-Mart (WMT 74.00, -1.33) is the worst-performing Dow component as consumer staples lag in today's trade.

With a modest uptick to start the trading week, the DJIA is now up 0.4% for July.

Dow: +18.64… | Nasdaq: +26.85… | S&P: +4.90…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1320/1496. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1694/1188.

01:00PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The first half of Monday's session was fairly quiet with the major averages sticking relatively close to their unchanged marks. The Nasdaq (+0.4%) is currently outperforming the benchmark S&P 500 (+0.2%) as technology stocks show relative strength. Meanwhile, the Dow lags with a slim gain of 0.1%.

Today's uptick follows Friday's Employment Situation Report for the month of June, which showed solid job growth and tepid wage inflation, yet again. News flow has been pretty light today and has prompted little movement from the S&P 500's 11 sectors. Currently, seven of the eleven sectors trade within 0.3% of their unchanged marks.

For the most part, the top-weighted technology group (+0.7%) has provided solid sector leadership throughout today's session, but it's the lightly-weighted materials space (+0.8%) that holds the top spot on the leaderboard at midday. Most technology components are trading higher with Facebook (FB 153.22, +1.77) showing particular strength after the company's target price was raised to $180 from $175 at Credit Suisse. Chipmakers also outperform, evidenced by the 0.6% increase in the PHLX Semiconductor Index.

The utilities sector (+0.3%) is the only countercyclical group to trade in the green while the remaining advancers--consumer discretionary (+0.2%), industrials (+0.1%), and energy (+0.2%)--hold modest gains. The consumer discretionary sector has managed to largely shake off a negative performance from retailers, which have dragged the SPDR S&P Retail ETF (XRT 38.91, -0.79) lower by 2.0%.

Meanwhile, the energy sector has benefited from a positive performance in the crude oil futures market, which has retraced its early-morning loss; WTI crude futures are up 0.7% at $44.55/bbl, but traded as low as $43.66/bbl early this morning. OPEC announced that it may widen its production cut to include Nigeria and Libya, two countries that were excluded from the original agreement following years of civil unrest, but it's important to note that the headline didn't initially prompt a response from the commodity. Today's reversal was more likely technical in nature.

On the downside, the influential health care (-0.1%) and financials (unch) groups have struggled throughout the session. Biotech names have weighed on the health care group, evidenced by the 0.8% decrease in the iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 309.88, -2.58). The remaining laggards--consumer staples, telecom services, and real estate-- show losses between 0.2% and 0.4%.

U.S. Treasuries are hovering slightly higher in a curve-steepening trade; the 10-yr yield is down one basis point at 2.38% while the 2-yr yield is lower by two basis points at 1.39%.

Today's lone economic report--May Consumer Credit (Briefing.com consensus $12.7 billion)--will be released at 15:00 ET.

Dow: +29.14… | Nasdaq: +26.39… | S&P: +5.38…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1341/1470. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1693/1167.

12:25PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages have not changed since the last update.

Retailers have struggled today, sending the SPDR S&P Retail ETF (XRT 38.91, -0.79) lower by 2.0%, with Abercrombie & Fitch (ANF 9.62, -2.54) leading the retreat. ANF shares have plunged 20.1% after the company announced that it has terminated preliminary discussions with several parties regarding a potential transaction.

However, despite retailers' slip, the consumer discretionary sector (+0.2%) has managed to keep pace with the broader market. The sector's top component by market cap--Amazon (AMZN 996.30, +17.54)--is up 1.8% ahead of its third-annual Prime Day, a day in which the online retail giant offers Black Friday-type of deals.

Dow: +28.89… | Nasdaq: +23.51… | S&P: +5.07…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1242/1573. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1614/1232.

12:00PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages hover near their recent levels with the S&P 500 sporting a modest gain of 0.2%.

Health care reform will come back into focus this week as Congress returns from its July Fourth recess. Senate Republicans are shooting to pass their version of the bill before the August recess, but face an uphill battle as a handful of the GOP's most-conservative Senators continue to negotiate a more drastic Obamacare repeal.

The influential health care sector (-0.1%) has been lagging today with biotechnology companies showing particular weakness, evidenced by the 0.8% decline in the iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 310.04, -2.42). Today's tumble places the IBB just a tick above its 20-day simple moving average (307.96).

Dow: +21.19… | Nasdaq: +19.28… | S&P: +4.60…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1137/1691. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1541/1301.

11:30AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Equity indices continue to hover just a step above their flat lines this morning with the tech-heavy Nasdaq (+0.2%) showing relative strength.

Crude oil held a sizable loss in early-morning action, trading as low as $43.66/bbl, but has since managed to climb into positive territory and now trades higher by 1.2% at $44.74/bbl. There hasn't been any notable catalyst for the move, but it's worth pointing out that the energy component is currently challenging its 20-day simple moving average of $44.66/bbl. The energy sector (+0.5%) has climbed to a fresh session high in tandem with crude oil's recent bid and currently trades near the top of the day's leaderboard.

Meanwhile, in the currency market, the U.S. Dollar Index (95.85, +0.07) continues to hover 0.1% above its unchanged mark. The greenback has added 0.1% against both the euro (1.1391) and the yen (114.06).

Dow: +6.75… | Nasdaq: +10.96… | S&P: +2.79…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1021/1788. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1465/1377.

11:00AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The stock market has been ticking up as of late with the S&P 500 now holding a slim gain of 0.1% after opening today's session near its unchanged mark.

Seven of the S&P 500's eleven sectors are trading in the green with the technology (+0.6%) and materials (+0.6%) groups being the top-performing sectors. Facebook (FB 153.28, +1.84) is one of the tech sector's strongest components after the company's target price was raised to $180 from $175 at Credit Suisse. FB shares are up 1.3% at a fresh two-week high.

Meanwhile, Snap (SNAP 17.08, -0.09), one of Facebook's most notable competitors, has slipped 0.6% after Credit Suisse lowered the company's target price to $25 from $30 earlier this morning. Today's downtick places SNAP just a step above its IPO price of $17 per share.

Dow: +16.37… | Nasdaq: +13.61… | S&P: +3.48…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 952/1826. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1340/1471.

10:40AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Commodities are beginning the day higher:

Overall, commodities, as measured by the Bloomberg Commodity Index, are up 0.37% at82.1095
Dollar index is currently up 0.13 % at 96.13
Looking at energy...
August WTI crude oil futures are down $0.15 at $44.08/barrel
In other energy,
August natural gas is up $0.058 at $2.922/MMBtu.
Moving on to metals...
Aug gold is currently up $2.30 at $1212.00/oz, while September silver is up $0.04 at $15.465/oz
September copper is down $0.0135 at $2.6335/lb

NOTE: EIA inventory data to resume normal dissemination after holiday week: Crude on Wednesday at 10:30am ET and Natural gas on Thursday at 10:30am ET.

Dow: -0.04… | Nasdaq: +2.09… | S&P: +0.65…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 893/1866. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1223/1554.

10:00AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages have ticked down from their opening levels as of late with the S&P 500 now showing a slim loss of 0.1%.

After a relatively strong open, the technology sector (unch) has slipped back to its flat line. Dow components Apple (AAPL 143.40, -0.77) and Intel (INTC 33.47, -0.41) are among the tech group's weakest performers, dropping 0.5% and 1.2%, respectively.

On the flip side, the energy sector (+0.1%) is outperforming the broader market as crude oil retraces its early loss. The energy component was down by more than 1.0% earlier this morning, but now shows a loss of just 0.2%. WTI crude trades at $44.15/bbl.

Dow: -15.70… | Nasdaq: -6.54… | S&P: -1.75…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 879/1811. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1206/1488.

09:40AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages open Monday's session near their unchanged marks.

Sector movement has been pretty modest in the early going with all 11 groups hovering within 0.3% of their respective flat lines. The top-weighted technology sector (+0.3%) is exhibiting relative strength while the influential financial sector (-0.3%) is showing relative weakness.

Retailers are currently struggling, evidenced by the 1.2% decline in the SPDR S&P Retail ETF (XRT 39.24, -0.46), but the consumer discretionary sector is outperforming with a gain of 0.1%.

Dow: -19.01… | Nasdaq: +14.29… | S&P: +0.37…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1077/1494. …NYSE Adv/Dec 1033/1589.

09:15AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: -2.10. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -1.40.

It appears that the stock market will kick off the week relatively flat as the S&P 500 futures trade just two points below fair value.

In U.S. corporate news, Best Buy (BBY 55.75, -2.12) is down 3.7% in pre-market trade following a Recode report that Amazon (AMZN 984.90, +6.14) is working to establish a Geek Squad-like service of its own. Intel (INTC 33.31, -0.57) is also down, losing 1.6%, after the company's stock was downgraded to 'Underperform' from 'Hold' at Jefferies.

On a positive note, NVIDIA (NVDA 149.35, +2.59) has jumped 1.8% in pre-market action after the company's target price was raised to $200 at Needham. NVDA's early momentum may give a boost to the broader semiconductor industry, which has already pushed the PHLX Semiconductor Index 16.4% higher so far this year.

Crude oil is under pressure again this morning, extending last week's 4.1% decline, despite news that OPEC may widen its production cut to include Nigeria and Libya, two countries that were excluded from the original agreement following years of civil unrest. WTI crude futures are down 1.0% at $43.78/bbl.

U.S. Treasuries are trading slightly higher with the benchmark 10-yr yield slipping one basis point to 2.37%. Similarly, the U.S. Dollar Index (95.89, +0.11) trades just a tick (+0.1%) above its unchanged mark.

On the data front, today's lone economic report--May Consumer Credit (Briefing.com consensus $12.7 billion)--will be released at 15:00 ET.

08:50AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: -1.00. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +1.10.

The S&P 500 futures trade one point below fair value.

Equity indices in the Asia-Pacific region began the week on a mostly higher note despite the release of mostly disappointing economic data in China and Japan. The weekend G20 summit concluded with a joint agreement to fight protectionism and secure free trade. In addition, attendees agreed to reduce global overcapacity of steel. Bank of Japan Governor Haruhiko Kuroda said the Japanese economy is turning towards a moderate expansion and that the BoJ will adjust policy as needed.

In economic data:
China's June CPI -0.2% month-over-month (expected -0.1%: last -0.1%); +1.5% year-over-year, as expected (last 1.5%). June PPI +5.5% year-over-year, as expected (last 5.5%)
Japan's May adjusted current account surplus JPY1.65 trillion (expected surplus of JPY1.80 trillion; last surplus of JPY1.95 trillion). May Core Machinery Orders -3.6% month-over-month (expected 1.7%; last -3.1%); +0.6% year-over-year (consensus 7.7%; last 2.7%). June Bank Lending +3.3% year-over-year (expected 3.2%; last 3.2%). June Economy Watchers Current Index 50.0 (expected 49.0; last 48.6)

---Equity Markets---

Japan's Nikkei gained 0.8%. Konami, Casio, Canon, Tokyo Electron, Hitachi Construction, Alps Electric, Panasonic, Fujifilm, and Sony climbed between 1.7% and 3.4%. On the downside, Toshiba lost 2.3% while Dentsu, Japan Steel Works, Shionogi, and Mitsubishi lost between 0.2% and 2.1%.
Hong Kong's Hang Seng rose 0.6% with select financials pacing the move. Link Reit, HSBC, Ping An Insurance, Hang Seng Bank, and BoC Hong Kong climbed between 1.0% and 3.3%. Conversely, Lenovo Group fell 3.6% while Geely Automobile lost 0.8%.
China's Shanghai Composite shed 0.2%. Luoyang Glass, Baoding Tianwei Baodian Electric, Aerosun, CEC Corecast, Ningbo Bird, and Hunan Huasheng lost between 3.6% and 4.5%.
India's Sensex advanced 1.1% to a fresh record amid broad strength. Tech consultants were among the leaders with Tata Consultancy, Wipro, and Infosys gaining between 2.5% and 4.7%. Financials like SBI, AXIS Bank, HDFC Bank, and ICICI Bank climbed between 0.6% and 1.9%.

Major European indices trade mostly higher while Spain's IBEX (-0.3%) struggles to keep pace with its peers. European Central Bank member Peter Praet said that eurozone inflation will require a long time to return to the 2.0% target. British Prime Minister Theresa May will reportedly seek opposition support to push through Brexit legislation.

In economic data:
Eurozone July Sentix Investor Confidence 28.3 (expected 28.4; last 28.4)
Germany's May trade surplus EUR20.30 billion, as expected (last surplus of EUR19.70 billion). May Imports +1.2% month-over-month (expected 0.5%; last 1.2%). May Exports +1.4% month-over-month (consensus 0.3%; last 0.9%).

---Equity Markets---

Germany's DAX is higher by 0.4% with E.On jumping 1.8%. Vonovia, SAP, Beiersdorf, and Linde show gains between 1.1% and 1.7%. Drugmakers Merck and Bayer are both up near 0.4% while automakers are mixed. Volkswagen and Daimler are both down near 0.4% while BMW has added 0.2%.
France's CAC trades up 0.3%. Cap Gemini, Vivendi, Total, and Engie are up between 0.7% and 1.8% while consumer names like Accor and L'Oreal are up 1.0% and 0.4%, respectively. On the downside, financials BNP Paribas, Credit Agricole, and Societe Generale are down between 0.2% and 0.6%.
UK's FTSE is flat with consumer names showing relative strength while miners lag. Diageo, Pearson, Morrison Supermarkets, InterContinental Hotels, Sainsbury, and Kingfisher show gains between 0.4% and 1.0% while Anglo American, Rio Tinto, Fresnillo, Glencore, and BHP Billiton are down between 0.5% and 1.6%.
Spain's IBEX has shed 0.3%. Bank stocks like Santander, Caixabank, Bankia, BBVA, Banco Sabadell, and Bankinter are down between 0.2% and 0.8%.

08:25AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +0.80. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +11.90.

The S&P 500 futures trade one point above fair value.

Economic data is light today with May Consumer Credit (Briefing.com consensus $12.7 billion)--which will be released at 15:00 ET--being the only report of note. However, things will pick up later in the week with the June Producer Price Index (Briefing.com consensus -0.1%) being released on Thursday and both June Retail Sales (Briefing.com consensus 0.1%) and the June Consumer Price Index (Briefing.com consensus 0.0%) crossing the wires on Friday.

Ahead of this week's batch of economic data, the fed funds futures market points to the December FOMC meeting as the most likely time for the next rate-hike announcement with an implied probability of 59.6%.

08:00AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: -0.30. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +7.90.

After eking out a slim victory last week--the S&P 500 finished with a weekly gain of 0.1%--the stock market looks poised to open Monday's session right at its unchanged mark. The S&P 500 futures are currently trading in line with fair value.

News is relatively light this morning, but things are expected to pick up later this week as Fed Chair Janet Yellen heads to Capitol Hill on Wednesday to deliver her semi-annual monetary policy testimony and earnings season unofficially kicks off on Friday with influential financial names like JPMorgan Chase (JPM 94.03, +0.18), Citigroup (C 67.93, +0.02), and Wells Fargo (WFC 55.74, 0.00) delivering their quarterly reports.

Crude oil is under pressure again this morning, extending last week's 4.1% decline, despite news that OPEC may widen its production cut to include Nigeria and Libya, two countries that were excluded from the original agreement following years of civil unrest. WTI crude futures are down 1.1% at $43.75/bbl.

U.S. Treasuries are trading higher this morning--leaving the benchmark 10-yr yield two basis points lower at 2.37%--and the U.S. Dollar Index (95.90, +0.12) is sporting a slim gain of 0.1%.

Today's lone economic report--May Consumer Credit (Briefing.com consensus $12.7 billion)--will be released at 15:00 ET.

In U.S. corporate news:

NVIDIA (NVDA 149.30, +2.54): +1.7% after the company's target price was raised to $200 at Needham.
Intel (INTC 33.46, -0.42): -1.2% after INTC shares were downgraded to 'Underperform' from 'Hold' at Jefferies.
Boeing (BA 203.77, +1.40): +0.7% after the company's target price was raised to $230 at Jefferies.

Reviewing overnight developments:

Equity indices in the Asia-Pacific region began the week on a mostly higher note despite the release of mostly disappointing economic data in China and Japan. Japan's Nikkei +0.8%, Hong Kong's Hang Seng +0.6%, China's Shanghai Composite -0.2%, India's Sensex +1.1%.
In economic data:
China's June CPI -0.2% month-over-month (expected -0.1%: last -0.1%); +1.5% year-over-year, as expected (last 1.5%). June PPI +5.5% year-over-year, as expected (last 5.5%)
Japan's May adjusted current account surplus JPY1.65 trillion (expected surplus of JPY1.80 trillion; last surplus of JPY1.95 trillion). May Core Machinery Orders -3.6% month-over-month (expected 1.7%; last -3.1%); +0.6% year-over-year (consensus 7.7%; last 2.7%). June Bank Lending +3.3% year-over-year (expected 3.2%; last 3.2%). June Economy Watchers Current Index 50.0 (expected 49.0; last 48.6)
In news:
The weekend G20 summit concluded with a joint agreement to fight protectionism and secure free trade. In addition, attendees agreed to reduce global overcapacity of steel.
Bank of Japan Governor Haruhiko Kuroda said the Japanese economy is turning towards a moderate expansion and that the BoJ will adjust policy as needed.

Major European indices trade mostly higher while Spain's IBEX struggles to keep pace with its peers. Germany's DAX +0.3%, France's CAC +0.2%, UK's FTSE unch, Spain's IBEX -0.3%.
In economic data:
Eurozone July Sentix Investor Confidence 28.3 (expected 28.4; last 28.4)
Germany's May trade surplus EUR20.30 billion, as expected (last surplus of EUR19.70 billion). May Imports +1.2% month-over-month (expected 0.5%; last 1.2%). May Exports +1.4% month-over-month (consensus 0.3%; last 0.9%).
In news:
European Central Bank member Peter Praet said that eurozone inflation will require a long time to return to the 2.0% target.
British Prime Minister Theresa May will reportedly seek opposition support to push through Brexit legislation.

05:53AM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +2.30. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +15.00.

[BRIEFING.COM] Nikkei

...20081...+151.90

...+0.80%

. Hang Seng

...25500...+159.20

...+0.60%

[BRIEFING.COM] FTSE

...7368.64...+17.70

...+0.20%

. DAX

...12449.8...+61.20

...+0.50%

04:30PM ET

[BRIEFING.COM] Investors rallied around the Employment Situation Report for June on Friday to finish the abbreviated week on a positive note. The Nasdaq led the advance, moving higher by 1.0%, while the S&P 500 and the Dow settled with gains of 0.6% and 0.4%, respectively. All three major averages finished the week modestly higher with the S&P 500 advancing by 0.1%.

The Employment Situation Report for June was well received by the market as it emphasized the economy's modest growth rate with a solid nonfarm payrolls reading (222,000 actual vs 173,000 Briefing.com consensus) while at the same time tempering inflation concerns with a lower than expected average hourly earnings reading (+0.2% actual vs +0.3% Briefing.com consensus). In other words, it was another 'Goldilocks' report that should give the Fed some cause for pause when considering the timing of the next rate hike.

Following the jobs report, the CME FedWatch Tool is still pointing to the December FOMC meeting as the most likely time for the next rate-hike announcement with an implied probability of 59.1%, down ever so slightly from yesterday's 60.0%.

The S&P 500 opened Friday's session with a modest gain and continued climbing throughout the morning, eventually settling near its session high. Eight of eleven sectors settled in the green, but none with a greater gain than the top-weighted technology sector (+1.3%), which outperformed from start to finish. The influential financial sector (+0.6%) got off to a slow start, but eventually moved in line with the broader market.

Transports underpinned the industrial sector (+0.8%), sending the Dow Jones Transportation Average (+1.2%) to a new all-time high. The consumer discretionary sector (+0.8%) also outperformed, benefiting from broad strength. The remaining advancers finished with gains ranging from 0.1% (utilities) to 0.7% (real estate).

On the downside, three groups--telecom services (-0.4%), energy (-0.1%), and consumer staples (-0.1%)--finished in the red. Crude oil weighed on the energy sector, dropping 2.9% to $44.25/bbl, following Thursday's EIA inventory report, which showed a rise in U.S. production alongside a surprisingly large drop in crude and gasoline stockpiles.

U.S. Treasuries moved lower in a curve-steepening trade on Friday, increasing the 2yr-10yr spread by one basis point. The benchmark 10-yr yield climbed two basis points to 2.39%, extending its weekly advance to nine basis points.

It's also worth pointing out that U.S. President Donald Trump and Russian President Vladimir Putin reached an agreement on a ceasefire in western Syria in their first face-to-face meeting since Mr. Trump's victory in the 2016 presidential election.

Taking another look at Friday's economic data, which was limited to the Employment Situation Report for June:

May nonfarm payrolls hit 222,000 while the Briefing.com consensus expected a reading of 173,000. The prior month's reading was revised to 152,000 from 138,000. Nonfarm private payrolls added 187,000 while the Briefing.com consensus expected an increase of 175,000. The previous month's reading was revised to 159,000 from 147,000.
The unemployment rate rose to 4.4% (Briefing.com consensus 4.3%). Average hourly earnings increased 0.2% (Briefing.com consensus +0.3%), while the previous month's reading was revised to +0.1% (from +0.2%). The average workweek was reported at 34.5, which is slightly higher than the Briefing.com consensus of 34.4. The previous month's reading was left unrevised at 34.4.
The labor force participation rate increased to 62.8% in June from 62.7% in May.
The key takeaway from the report is that the weak year-over-year growth in average hourly earnings (2.5%) is apt to give the Fed some cause for pause when considering the timing of its next rate hike.

On Monday, investors will receive May Consumer Credit (Briefing.com consensus $12.7 billion) at 15:00 ET.

Nasdaq Composite +14.3% YTD
S&P 500 +8.3% YTD
Dow Jones Industrial Average +8.4% YTD
Russell 2000 +4.3% YTD

Week In Review: Equities Eke Out Slim Gains in an Abbreviated Week

Equity indices kicked off the third quarter on a positive note, finishing the first week of July with modest gains. Trading volume was light as many investors took some extra time off to celebrate the Fourth of July holiday. The S&P 500 added 0.1% while the Nasdaq and the Dow finished with gains of 0.2% and 0.3%, respectively.

The major averages settled mixed in an abbreviated session on Monday. The financials and energy sectors were bullish, finishing at the top of the day's leaderboard, and helped the S&P 500 overcome the top-weighted technology sector's third-consecutive loss. The tech-heavy Nasdaq wasn't so lucky, dropping 0.5%, while the Dow outperformed, hitting a new intraday record high.

U.S. markets were closed on Tuesday in observance of the Fourth of July holiday, but the benchmark index picked up where it left off in the midweek session, registering another modest win with the technology group leading the charge. The minutes from the June 13-14 FOMC meeting were released on Wednesday, but did little to change the market's rate-hike expectations.

In the minutes, Fed members seemed generally upbeat about economic activity and gave the impression that they believe the recent softness in inflation is transitory. In addition, Fed officials were divided on when to start unwinding the Fed's balance sheet; some wanted to start in a couple of months while others preferred to hold off until the end of the year.

Investors pulled back on Thursday, dragging all three major averages into negative territory for the week and leaving the S&P 500 below its 50-day simple moving average for the first time in nearly two months. The market expressed concerns about less accommodative central bankers, evidenced by rising interest rates around the globe. U.S. Treasuries moved in a curve-steepening trade, helping to keep the influential financial sector ahead of the broader market.

The Employment Situation Report for the month of June, which showed the addition of 222,000 nonfarm payrolls (Briefing.com consensus 173,000) and stable hourly earnings (+0.2% vs Briefing.com consensus +0.3%), was the focus of Friday's session. The report was largely seen as another 'Goldilocks' report, pointing to an economy that is growing at a modest rate without the worry of inflation.

Eight of the S&P 500's eleven sectors ended Friday in the green, which was just enough to bring the benchmark index back into positive territory for the week. The technology group was the top-performing sector, benefiting from broad strength. However, the energy group underperformed as crude oil weighed.

WTI crude futures struggled this week, dropping 4.1%, following news that OPEC exports increased in the month of June and headlines that Russia is not in favor of deepening the current OPEC-led production cut agreement. In addition, the weekly inventory report from the Department of Energy, which showed a rise in U.S. production alongside a larger than expected drop in crude and gasoline stockpiles, also prompted selling pressure.

The fed funds futures market still points to the December FOMC meeting as the most likely time for the next rate-hike announcement with an implied probability of 59.1%, up from last week's 54.4%.

Dow: +94.30… | Nasdaq: +63.61… | S&P: +15.43…

NASDAQ Adv/Dec 1956/757. …NYSE Adv/Dec 2027/915

Image Review of TheStrategyLab @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=3167

Image TheStrategyLab Review @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/thestrategylab-reviews.htm

Special thanks to Bloomberg, Briefing, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance for their market summaries. Also, thank you for the review of TheStrategyLab performance record...hopefully the links will be useful for you. gm

Best Regards,
M.A. Perry
TheStrategyLab Price Action Trading
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
Image@ http://twitter.com/wrbtrader Image@ http://stocktwits.com/wrbtrader

http://www.thestrategylab.com
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
TheStrategyLab Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
Skype Messenger: kebec2002
wrbanalysis@gmail.com