TheStrategyLab.com Price Action Trading Support Forum

Forum for price action traders that want to learn WRB Analysis basic tutorial chapters 1, 2 and 3 prior to purchasing our advance trade methods. Hashtags: #wrbanalysis #wrbzone #wrbhiddengap #priceaction #trading
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: July 15th Friday Trade Results - Profit $2250.00
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:09 pm 
Site Admin

Trade Results of M.A. Perry
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
Price Action Trading (no technical indicators)
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
Free Chat Room: http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164
Archive Real-Time Chat Logs (timestamp, entries/exits, position size): http://www.thestrategylab.com/ftchat/forum/viewforum.php?f=20
Accolades (Testimonials): http://www.thestrategylab.com/Accolades.htm
Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
wrbanalysis@gmail.com (24/7)
http://stocktwits.com/wrbtrader (24/7)
http://twitter.com/wrbtrader (24/7)

Attachment:
071516-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-PnL-Blotter-Profit+2250.00.png
071516-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-PnL-Blotter-Profit+2250.00.png [ 93.29 KiB | Viewed 277 times ]

click on the above image to view today's performance verification

Price Action Trade Performance for Today: Emini TF ($TF_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Emini ES ($ES_F) futures @ $2250.00 dollars or +45.00 points, Light Crude Oil CL ($CL_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Gold GC ($GC_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points and EuroFX 6E ($6E_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.0000 ticks. Total Profit @ $2250.00 dollars

Russell 2000 Emini TF Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ The ICE
S&P 500 Emini ES Futures: 1 tick or 0.25 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Light Crude Oil CL (WTI) Futures: 1 tick or 0.01 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Gold GC Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
EuroFX 6E Futures: 1 tick or 0.0001 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup

Today's Trade Log: All of my live trades are posted real-time in the timestamp ##TheStrategyLab free chat room. The live trade is posted 3.2 seconds on average after the trade confirmation via an auto script to minimize delays in posting of my trades. Also, the free chat room is not a signal calling chat room. In contrast, the free chat room is for you to use as your trade journal of trades or your market analysis thoughts so that you can better understand your trades of the past anytime in the future. You can read today's price action trade journal about my trades (e.g. time, price entry, contract size, price exit, market analysis) as the trade traversed to its completion. In addition, sometimes I'll post real-time trading tips in the free ##TheStrategyLab chat room involving WRBs, WRB Hidden GAPs, Key Market Events (KME), Tutorial Chapters 2 & 3, WRB Zones, Reaction Highs/Lows, Contracting Volatility or Expanding Volatility. Its all archived @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/ftchat/forum/viewtopic.php?f=158&t=2411

The free chat room is not a signal calling chat room. I do not mentor (never have) although I get many requests to do mentoring. There is education but only in members private threads at the forum involving members asking questions (help) about their own trading. Thus, the primary purpose of the free chat room is for you to use as your trade journal so that you can use as valuable feedback and for members to help each other...as in more eyes on the market. Also, you can use the free chat room to ask real-time WRB Analysis questions. Yet, please do not post your brokerage statements in the free chat room. Instead, its highly recommended that you only post your brokerage statements in your private thread for security reasons. The free chat room is on IRC via users request because the IRC servers are located in many different countries, software in many different languages and many different types of social media software can be used to log in. I'm the moderator of the free chat room. Thus, I keep the peace between members and I keep out the trouble makers so that members can peacefully post their observations about the markets, trades and WRB Analysis commentary.

Quote:
All of my real-time posted trades involves price action concepts from the WRB Analysis free study guide, Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 4 - 12 and the Volatility Trading Report (VTR) trade signal strategies. Analysis -----> Trade Signals

Also, posted below are direct links to information about my price action trade methodology and trading plan (there's a difference between the two) that enables me to identify key trading areas in the price action that represent changes in supply/demand and volatility along with being able to exploit these changes via WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis). I'm primarily a day trader because it suits my personal lifestyle but I do occasionally swing trade and position trade. Simply, my trade method is applicable for position trading, swing trading and day trading.

Image ##TheStrategyLab Chat Room is free. Members and I use the chat room to post WRB Analysis commentary, real-time trades and to post anything else related to trading. The chat room helps me tremendously in my own trading because I use it to document (journal) general volatility analysis involving WRB Analysis so that I can easily review at a later date my thoughts as I interacted with the markets...info I can not get from my broker statements. Also, this is not a signal calling chat room where a head trader tells you when to buy or sell and I do not have the time/energy/resources to manage a signal calling chat room. Access instructions for chat room @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164

Image Price Action Analysis via Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/WRBAnalysisTutorials.htm and there's a free study guide of the WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1, 2 and 3 @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=718

Analysis -----> Trade Signals

Image Trade Signal Strategies via Volatility Trading Report (VTR) @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/VolatilityTrading.htm and there's a free trade signal strategy @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=89 so that you can freely test drive one of our price action trade strategies with support (answering your questions) prior to purchasing the Volatility Trading Report (VTR). All WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1 - 12 are included in the purchase of the Volatility Trading Report (VTR).

Image Daily Trading Plan Routine @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=294&t=3166 contains brief information about trading plan, market context, brokers, trading time frames, position size management and other discussions.

-----------------------------

Market Context Summaries

The below summaries by Bloomberg, Briefing, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance helps me to do a quick review of the fundamentals, FED/ECB/BOE/IMF actions or any important global economic events (e.g. Eurozone, MarketWatch.com) that had an impact on today's price action in many trading instruments I monitor during the trading day. Simply, I'm a strong believer that key market events causes key changes in supply/demand and volatility resulting in trade opportunities (swing points and strong continuation price actions) that reach profit targets. Thus, I pay attention to these key market events, intermarket analysis (e.g. Forex EurUsd, EuroFX 6E futures, Gold GC futures, Light Crude Oil (WTI) CL & Brent Oil futures, Eurex DAX futures, Euronext FTSE100 futures, Emini ES futures, Emini TF futures, Treasury ZB futures and U.S. Dollar Index futures) while using WRB Analysis from one trade to the next trade to give me the market context for price action trading before the appearance of my technical analysis trade signals. Therefore, I maintain these archives to allow me to understand what was happening on any given trading day in the past involving key market events to help better understand my trade decisions (day trading, swing trading, position trading)...something I can not get from my broker statements alone. Further, most financial websites remove (delete) their archives after a few years to make room for new content. Therefore, I maintain my own archives of the news content so that I have it available for me when financial websites no longer archives their content.

Attachment:
071516-Key-Price-Action-Markets.png
071516-Key-Price-Action-Markets.png [ 1.13 MiB | Viewed 269 times ]

click on the above image to view today's price action of key markets

4:15 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] The stock market ended an upbeat week on a flat note as the major averages consolidated after their recent rally to new all-time highs. The risk rally paused as investors ruminated over a positive reading of the June Retail Sales Report (+0.6%; Briefing.com consensus +0.2%) and a largely in-line June CPI Report (+0.2%; Briefing.com consensus +0.3%). Additional focal points impacting today's trade included a rebound in the dollar and the underperformance of the heavily-weighted consumer discretionary (-0.5%), financial (-0.2%), and technology (-0.2%) sectors. The S&P 500 (-0.1%) finished behind the Nasdaq Composite (-0.1%) and the Dow Jones Industrial Average (+0.1%).

Equity indices began the day on a higher note as the Dow Jones Industrial Average (18557.43) and the S&P 500 carved out fresh all-time highs (2169.05) in the first half-hour of trade. However, the broader market pulled back shortly after the benchmark index tested, but failed to clear technical resistance near the 2168/2170 price level. The move lower corresponded with a similar move in the heavily-weighted financial (-0.2%) sector. The economically-sensitive group yielded to selling pressure after quarterly reports from Citigroup (C 44.33, -0.12) and Wells Fargo (WFC 47.71, -1.23) elicited selling interest.

The major averages slipped through the afternoon as heavily-weighted risk sectors trimmed their weekly gains. Additionally, morning reports regarding a terror attack in Nice, France also likely dampened investor sentiment. The attack took place during a Bastille Day celebration and claimed more than 80 lives. The benchmark index found support near the 2157 area, closing slightly above that level. Six sectors finished in the red as consumer discretionary (-0.5%), financials (-0.2%), and technology (-0.2%) rounded out the leaderboard. On the flipside, materials (+0.4%), utilities (+0.3%), and telecom services (+0.2%) led the pack.

The consumer discretionary sector (-0.5%) displayed broad-based weakness as retailers, travel names, and media companies each contributed to its underperformance. In the retail sub-group, Tiffany & Co (TIF 61.30, -1.49) and Fossil (FOSL 28.66, -2.01) underperformed after European watchmaker Swatch (SWGAY 13.59, -1.14) cut its guidance for the year, projecting a 12.0% decline in net year-over-year sales. Elsewhere, Viacom (VIAB 44.28, -0.52) and CBS (CBS 55.85, -2.09) fell by a respective 1.2% and 3.6% after CBS was downgraded to "Sell" from "Neutral" at UBS.

In the financial sector (-0.2%) money center banks underperformed as quarterly results from Wells Fargo (WFC 47.71, -1.23) weighed on the sub-group. The company reported a bottom-line beat, but was unable to impress investors with its falling net interest margin. Conversely, U.S. Bancorp (USB 41.89, +0.64) jumped 1.6% after the bank reported that revenue rose 8.1% on a year-over-year basis. The broader sector trimmed its weekly gain to 2.6%, compared to a gain of 1.5% in the benchmark index.

The Dow Jones Transportation Average (-0.4%) underperformed the broader market as Delta Air Lines (DAL 39.98, -1.00) weighed. The stock stumbled 2.4% after being downgraded to "Hold" from "Buy" at Evercore ISI. Separately, rail names lagged as Union Pacific (UNP 93.98, -0.72) and CSX (CSX 28.52, -0.53) declined 0.8% and 1.8%, respectively. CSX was pressured after being downgraded to "Hold" from "Buy" at Stifel.

Biotechnology outperformed in the health care space (-0.1%), evidenced by the 1.5% gain in the iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 272.53, +4.06). In the ETF, Biogen (BIIB 260.30, +7.43) rallied 2.9% ahead of next week's earnings report on July 21. In the broader health care sector, Aetna (AET 118.63, -0.52) and Humana (HUM 158.89, -2.38) underperformed among health care providers.

The U.S. Dollar Index (96.53, +0.45) finished off its session high as the yen, euro, and pound each lost ground to the greenback. The dollar/yen pair ended flat at 105.39 while the single currency lost 0.5% against the buck (1.1062). Elsewhere, the dollar gained 0.4% against the Canadian dollar (1.2942) despite an uptick in oil. WTI crude ended its day higher by 0.6% ($45.94/bbl; +0.28).

Treasuries ended on a lower note as yields rose throughout the complex. The yield on the 10-yr note settled at 1.58%, rising four basis points. The yield on the 10-yr note rose 22 basis points from last Friday's settlement at 1.36%

Today's trading volume was in-line with the recent average as more than 853 million shares changed hands on the NYSE floor.

Today's economic data included Empire Manufacturing for July, Retail Sales for June, CPI for June, Capacity Utilization, Industrial Production, Business Inventories for May, and the University of Michigan Sentiment Index for July:

Empire Manufacturing Survey for July registered in at 0.55, which was below the prior month's reading of 6.0 and the Briefing.com consensus estimate, which was pegged at 5.0.
The Retail Sales report for June showed solid consumer spending activity on goods. Total retail sales increased 0.6% (Briefing.com consensus +0.2%) following a downwardly revised 0.2% increase (from 0.5%) in May.
Excluding autos, retail sales increased 0.7% after increasing an unrevised 0.4% in May.
There were sales increases in nearly every category. The lone exceptions were clothing and clothing accessories (-1.0%) and food services and drinking places (-0.3%).
The strongest increase was seen in building material, garden equipment, and supplies dealers (+3.9%). Gasoline station sales (+1.2%) and nonstore retailer sales (+1.1%) were also drivers of the positive headline surprise.
Core sales, which exclude auto, gasoline station, building materials, and food services sales, rose a solid 0.5%.
The Consumer Price Index (CPI) for June showed a 0.2% increase for both total CPI (Briefing.com consensus +0.3%) and core CPI (Briefing.com consensus +0.2%), which excludes food and energy.
As expected, the index for energy drove the uptick in total CPI, jumping 1.3% on the back of a 3.3% increase in the gasoline index. That more than offset a 0.1% decline in the food index.
Core CPI, meanwhile, was pushed up primarily by a 0.3% increase in the shelter index and a 0.2% gain in the medical care services index, which helped offset a 1.1% decline in the used cars and trucks index.
On a year-over-year basis, total CPI held steady at 1.0%, but core CPI edged up to 2.3% from 2.2% in May.
The average annual rate for core CPI over the past 10 years has been 1.9%, so the above-average turn in core CPI shouldn't escape the Fed's attention.
Industrial production in June rose a better than expected 0.6% (Briefing.com consensus +0.2%) following an upwardly revised 0.3% decline (from -0.4%) in May.
In turn, the capacity utilization rate of 75.4% (Briefing.com consensus 75.0%) was also better than expected and marked an improvement from an unrevised 74.9% in May.
Notwithstanding the positive headline surprises for June, both industrial production and capacity utilization continue to run at relatively weak levels.
Total industrial production in June was 0.7% lower than its year-earlier level while the capacity utilization rate of 75.4% is 4.6 percentage points below its long-run average.
Manufacturing output was up 0.4% after declining 0.3% in May; mining output was up 0.2% on the heels of a 0.3% increase in May; and utilities output surged 2.4% after dropping 0.9% in May.
The gain in manufacturing, meanwhile, was pretty much owed to a 9.6% increase in motor vehicle assemblies. The output of manufactured goods other than motor vehicles was unchanged.
Mining output increased for the second straight month following declines in the previous eight months.
Total business inventories increased 0.2% in May, as expected, following an unrevised 0.1% increase in April.
Manufacturers' inventories (-0.1%) and wholesaler inventories (+0.1%) were already known. Retailer inventories were the only unknown and they increased 0.5% on the heels of a 0.1% decline in April.
The biggest drivers of the increase in retailer inventories were motor vehicle and parts dealers (+0.7%), general merchandise stores (+0.5%), and building materials, garden equipment, and supplies (+1.1%).
The total business inventory-to-sales ratio for May was unchanged at 1.40, yet that was still above the 1.37 ratio seen in the same period a year ago.
The preliminary University of Michigan Consumer Sentiment Report for July showed a drop in the Index of Consumer Sentiment to 89.5 (Briefing.com consensus 93.0) from the final reading of 93.5 for June.
The report notes that the downturn from June was driven primarily by heightened concerns about the prospects for the national economy that were mainly voiced by high income households.
Those concerns were exacerbated in the wake of the Brexit vote, which initially drove stock prices sharply lower.
Stock prices have of course rebounded even more sharply, driving the S&P 500 and Dow Jones Industrial Average to new record highs.
Accordingly, it is thought that the dip in the preliminary reading for consumer sentiment could very well be reclaimed with subsequent consumer sentiment reports in late July and early August.
The Current Economic Conditions Index fell from 110.8 in June to 108.7 in July. The latter is still above the 107.2 reading seen in the same period a year ago.
The Index of Consumer Expectations dropped from 82.4 in June to 77.1 in July, which is down from 84.1 in the year-ago period.

Monday's economic data will be limited to the NAHB Housing Market Index for July (Briefing.com consensus 0.2%) and Net Long-Term TIC Flows for May, which will be released at 10:00 ET and 16:00 ET, respectively.

Week in Review: Stocks Hit New Record Highs

The stock market enjoyed its third consecutive weeklyadvance that sent the S&P 500 and Dow Jones Industrial Average to freshrecord highs. The S&P 500 gained 1.5% for the week while the Dow (+2.0%)outperformed.

Cyclical sectors paced the advance amid rising stimulushopes. However, those hopes remain on hold for the time being after the Bank ofEngland made no changes to its policy stance on Thursday. Expectations remainhigh that the central bank will ease when it meets again in August. Beforethen, the Bank of Japan will meet on July 28 and 29 amid elevated expectations thatnew stimulus measures will be announced at the end of the meeting.

The past week marked the start of the second-quarterearnings season, which got off to a relatively quiet start. Alcoa (AA) advanced after beatingearnings and revenue estimates while major financials like Citigroup (C) and JPMorganChase (JPM) also beat expectations. Another financial heavyweight-Wells Fargo (WFC)-reported in line with expectations, but retreated aftershowing a four-basis point decline in net interest margin (to 2.86%). Accordingto FactSet, overall second-quarter earnings are expected to be down nearly 3.0%.

Rate hike expectations did edge up a little, but concernsabout a rate hike taking place before the end of 2016 are almost non-existent. The fed funds futures market estimates the likelihood of a hikein July at 2.4% while the implied probability of a hike in December sits at 47.8%.

3:30 pm: [BRIEFING.COM]

The dollar index is up +0.5% at the 96.55 level,weighing on commodities overall
Commodities, as measured by the Bloomberg Commodity Index, is down -0.5% at 86.70
Crude oil extends yesterday's gains on the heels of rig count data which showed that US producers have added rigs for 6 out of the past 7 weeks
August crude oil futures rose $0.28 (+0.6%) to $45.94/barrel
Baker Hughes total U.S. rig count was up 7 to 447 rigs following last week's increase of 9 rigs
Natural gas futures reverse their early morning losses to close higher on the day
August natural gas closed $0.03 higher (+1.1%) at $2.76/MMBtu
In precious metals, gold inches lower, consolidating near its afternoon lows as the dollar index rallies
August gold ended today's session down $4.60 (-0.4%) to $1327.50/oz
Silver sees a move similar to gold this afternoon, consolidating around its lows as the dollar index extends its gains
September silver closed today's session $0.16 lower (-0.8%) at $20.16/oz
Base metal copper gives up its early morning gains and inches lower to close in the red
September copper closed $0.01 lower (-0.5%) at $2.23/lb

2:55 pm:

[BRIEFING.COM] As the stock market enters its final hour of trade for the week, the S&P 500 (-0.2%) trades behind the Nasdaq Composite (-0.2%) and the Dow Jones Industrial Average (UNCH). The three indices sport weekly gains between 1.4% and 2.0%.

Six sectors trade in the red with consumer discretionary (-0.5%), financials (-0.4%), and energy (-0.3%) rounding out the leaderboard. The remaining decliners sport losses between 0.1% (consumer staples) and 0.3% (technology). On the flipside, materials (+0.3%), utilities (+0.1%), telecom services (+0.1%), and industrials (UNCH) lead.

In the consumer staples (-0.1%) space, tobacco names outperform ahead of Philip Morris International's (PM 103.50, +0.31) earnings report Tuesday morning. Separately, beverage names display relative weakness as Coca-Cola (KO 45.58, -0.11) and PepsiCo (PEP 109.45, -0.51) decline by 0.2% and 0.5%, respectively.

On the commodities front, WTI crude ended its day higher by 0.6% ($45.94/bbl; +0.28), extending its weekly gain to 1.3%. For the month, the energy component sports a loss of 4.8%.

2:30 pm:

[BRIEFING.COM] The major indices hover near their recent levels as the S&P 500 (-0.2%) and the Dow Jones Industrial Average (-0.2%) continue to pace one another. The benchmark index trades three points off its session low.

The leaderboard remains little changed as materials (+0.3%), telecom services (+0.1%) and utilities (+0.1%) lead the pack. On the flipside, consumer discretionary (-0.5%) has slipped past financials (-0.4%) and technology (-0.3%).

Media names underperform in the consumer discretionary space (-0.5%) as the sub-group responds to a set of downgrades at UBS. Discovery (DISCA 25.14, -0.56) and CBS (CBS 56.15, -1.78) each had their ratings cut to "Sell" from "Neutral" by the investment bank. Elsewhere, Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG 405.55, -12.43) displays relative weakness after being downgraded to "Equal-Weight" from "Overweight" at Morgan Stanley. The firm cited a survey, which contended that the company's recovery of customers and sales may take longer than previously expected.

WTI crude trades higher by 0.6% ($497/bbl; +0.29) ahead of its pit session close at 14:30 ET.

1:55 pm:

[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages have floated higher since our last update as the S&P 500 (-0.2%) trades in-line with the Nasdaq Composite (-0.2%). Elsewhere, the Dow Jones Industrial Average (UNCH) flirts with its flat line.

In the technology group (-0.3%), data storage names demonstrate relative weakness as Western Digital (WDC 51.55, -0.20) and Seagate Technology (STX 28.65, -0.54) decline 0.4% and 1.9%, respectively. The two names sport respective weekly gains of 4.5% and 19.3%. This compares to a gain of 2.1% in the broader technology space over that time. Elsewhere, IT service name Infosys (INFY 16.77, -1.67) has tumbled 9.1% after missing top-and bottom-line estimates for the quarter.

The high-beta chipmakers trade roughly in-line with the broader sector while NVIDIA (NVDA 52.75, -0.56) falls 1.1%. The stock was downgraded to "Underperform" from "Market Perform" at Wells Fargo.

On the commodities front, gold ended its day lower by 0.4% ($1,327.50, -4.60), extending its weekly decline to 2.3%. Separately, silver finished its day lower by 0.8% ($20.16; -0.16).

1:30 pm:

[BRIEFING.COM] The major U.S. indices have gained some traction in recent trading, but still sport small losses at this time.

A look inside the Dow Jones Industrial Average shows that Goldman Sachs (GS 161.33, -1.21), Intel (INTC 34.95, -0.25), and JP Morgan (JPM 63.72, -0.40) are underperforming. Goldman and JP Morgan are among the Dow's top decliners as financials lag following earnings this morning out of peers Citigroup (C 43.99, -0.46) and Wells Fargo (WFC 47.56, -1.38)

Conversely, UnitedHealth Group (UNH 141.86, +1.02) is the best-performing Dow component.

With Friday's close nearing, the DJIA at current levels is +1.93% this week, extending July's gains to 3.15%.

1:10 pm:

[BRIEFING.COM] The stock market trades on a flat note at midday as the major averages consolidate after their recent run to new all-time highs. At this juncture, the S&P 500 (-0.3%) and the Dow Jones Industrial Average (-0.2%) sport respective weekly gains of 1.3% and 1.9%. Contributing factors towards today's trade have included an upbeat reading of the June Retail Sales Report (+0.6%; Briefing.com consensus +0.2%), a largely in-line June CPI Report (+0.2%; Briefing.com consensus +0.3%), and a pullback in the heavily-weighted financial (-0.7%), consumer discretionary (-0.5%), and technology (-0.3%) sectors.

The major averages began the day on a higher note, notching session highs within the first half hour of trade. Banking names contributed to the early positive sentiment as investors examined quarterly reports from Citigroup (C 44.00, -0.44) and U.S. Bancorp (USB 41.52, +0.27). However, the broader financial sector (-0.7%) pulled back in the first hour of trade as participants looked to lock in weekly gains. Additionally, a negative bias in European bourses contributed to selling pressure as investors responded to last evening's terror attack in Nice, France.

The benchmark index trades near its session low, testing support near the 2157 price level. At this juncture, nine sectors trade in the red as financials (-0.7%), consumer discretionary (-0.5%), and technology (-0.3%) round out the leaderboard. The remaining decliners sport losses between 0.1% (health care) and 0.2% (energy). Conversely, materials (+0.2%) sport the only gain.

The economically-sensitive financial sector (-0.7%) leads to the downside as the group trims its recent gain. The heavily-weighted sector sports a weekly gain of 2.1%, compared to a gain of 1.3% in the benchmark index. In the group, Wells Fargo (WFC 47.48, -1.45) displays relative weakness as investors weigh a bottom-line beat against falling net interest margins. Additionally, rate-sensitive real estate investment trusts underperform as investors weigh the interest rate implications of rising year-over-year core CPI (+2.3%; last: +2.2%).

The Dow Jones Transportation Average (-0.5%) trades behind the broader market as airline and rail names pare their recent gains. In the index, Delta Air Lines (DAL 39.97, -1.01) underperforms after being downgraded to "Hold" from "Buy" at Evercore ISI. Elsewhere, CSX (CSX 28.42, -0.6) has lost 2.2% after receiving a downgrade at Stifel. The firm downgraded the stock to "Hold" from "Buy."

Retail names underperform in the consumer discretionary space (-0.5%), evidenced by the 0.6% decline in the SPDR S&P Retail ETF (XRT 43.72, -0.20). The group trades lower in sympathy with Swatch (SWGAY 13.56, -1.17) after it projected that net year-over-year sales have fallen 12.0%. Elsewhere, travel names underperform as Priceline (PCLN 1327.33, -18.84) and Carnival (CCL 45.30, -1.02) fall a respective 1.4% and 2.2%.

The commodity-sensitive energy sector (-0.3%) has slipped beneath its flat line as investors look ahead to the 13:00 ET release of the Baker Hughes Rig Count. In the group, refining names underperform as Phillips 66 (PSX 75.88, -0.73) and Marathon Petroleum (MPC 36.82, -0.57) decline 1.0% and 1.5%, respectively. For its part, WTI crude trades higher by 0.4% ($45.90/bbl; +0.22).

The U.S. Dollar Index (96.63, +0.55) hovers near its best level of the day as commodity currencies, the euro, and the pound extend their losses against the greenback. The dollar/Canadian dollar trades higher by 0.6% (1.2968) while the euro has lost 0.5% against the buck (1.1061). Elsewhere, sterling has declined 1.3% against the dollar (1.3176).

The Treasury complex has ticked off its low as investors weigh a downturn in equity markets. The yield on the 10-yr note has risen six six points to 1.59%.

Today's economic data included Empire Manufacturing for July, Retail Sales for June, CPI for June, Capacity Utilization, Industrial Production, Business Inventories for May, and the University of Michigan Sentiment Index for July:

Empire Manufacturing Survey for July registered in at 0.55, which was below the prior month's reading of 6.0 and the Briefing.com consensus estimate, which was pegged at 5.0.
The Retail Sales report for June showed solid consumer spending activity on goods. Total retail sales increased 0.6% (Briefing.com consensus +0.2%) following a downwardly revised 0.2% increase (from 0.5%) in May.
Excluding autos, retail sales increased 0.7% after increasing an unrevised 0.4% in May.
There were sales increases in nearly every category. The lone exceptions were clothing and clothing accessories (-1.0%) and food services and drinking places (-0.3%).
The strongest increase was seen in building material, garden equipment, and supplies dealers (+3.9%). Gasoline station sales (+1.2%) and nonstore retailer sales (+1.1%) were also drivers of the positive headline surprise.
Core sales, which exclude auto, gasoline station, building materials, and food services sales, rose a solid 0.5%.
The Consumer Price Index (CPI) for June showed a 0.2% increase for both total CPI (Briefing.com consensus +0.3%) and core CPI (Briefing.com consensus +0.2%), which excludes food and energy.
As expected, the index for energy drove the uptick in total CPI, jumping 1.3% on the back of a 3.3% increase in the gasoline index. That more than offset a 0.1% decline in the food index.
Core CPI, meanwhile, was pushed up primarily by a 0.3% increase in the shelter index and a 0.2% gain in the medical care services index, which helped offset a 1.1% decline in the used cars and trucks index.
On a year-over-year basis, total CPI held steady at 1.0%, but core CPI edged up to 2.3% from 2.2% in May.
The average annual rate for core CPI over the past 10 years has been 1.9%, so the above-average turn in core CPI shouldn't escape the Fed's attention.
Industrial production in June rose a better than expected 0.6% (Briefing.com consensus +0.2%) following an upwardly revised 0.3% decline (from -0.4%) in May.
In turn, the capacity utilization rate of 75.4% (Briefing.com consensus 75.0%) was also better than expected and marked an improvement from an unrevised 74.9% in May.
Notwithstanding the positive headline surprises for June, both industrial production and capacity utilization continue to run at relatively weak levels.
Total industrial production in June was 0.7% lower than its year-earlier level while the capacity utilization rate of 75.4% is 4.6 percentage points below its long-run average.
Manufacturing output was up 0.4% after declining 0.3% in May; mining output was up 0.2% on the heels of a 0.3% increase in May; and utilities output surged 2.4% after dropping 0.9% in May.
The gain in manufacturing, meanwhile, was pretty much owed to a 9.6% increase in motor vehicle assemblies. The output of manufactured goods other than motor vehicles was unchanged.
Mining output increased for the second straight month following declines in the previous eight months.
Total business inventories increased 0.2% in May, as expected, following an unrevised 0.1% increase in April.
Manufacturers' inventories (-0.1%) and wholesaler inventories (+0.1%) were already known. Retailer inventories were the only unknown and they increased 0.5% on the heels of a 0.1% decline in April.
The biggest drivers of the increase in retailer inventories were motor vehicle and parts dealers (+0.7%), general merchandise stores (+0.5%), and building materials, garden equipment, and supplies (+1.1%).
The total business inventory-to-sales ratio for May was unchanged at 1.40, yet that was still above the 1.37 ratio seen in the same period a year ago.
The preliminary University of Michigan Consumer Sentiment Report for July showed a drop in the Index of Consumer Sentiment to 89.5 (Briefing.com consensus 93.0) from the final reading of 93.5 for June.
The report notes that the downturn from June was driven primarily by heightened concerns about the prospects for the national economy that were mainly voiced by high income households.
Those concerns were exacerbated in the wake of the Brexit vote, which initially drove stock prices sharply lower.
Stock prices have of course rebounded even more sharply, driving the S&P 500 and Dow Jones Industrial Average to new record highs.
Accordingly, it is thought that the dip in the preliminary reading for consumer sentiment could very well be reclaimed with subsequent consumer sentiment reports in late July and early August.
The Current Economic Conditions Index fell from 110.8 in June to 108.7 in July. The latter is still above the 107.2 reading seen in the same period a year ago.
The Index of Consumer Expectations dropped from 82.4 in June to 77.1 in July, which is down from 84.1 in the year-ago period.

12:30 pm:

[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages continue to float near their worst levels of the day as the S&P 500 (-0.2%) trades in-line with the Nasdaq Composite (-0.2%) and the Dow Jones Industrial Average (-0.1%). For the week, the indices sport gains between 1.3% and 1.9%.

Biotechnology demonstrates relative strength, evidenced by the 1.4% gain in the iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 272.70, +4.23). In the sub-group, large cap components Celgene (CELG 103.26, +1.84) and Biogen (BIIB 259.05, +6.18) have gained 1.8% and 2.4%, respectively. The biotechnology ETF shows a gain of 3.7% for the week, compared to an uptick of 0.7% in the broader health care sector (UNCH).

In the sector, health care plan names Anthem (ANTM 135.09, +1.18) and CIGNA (CI 132.56, +2.55) outperform, gaining a respective 0.9% and 2.0%. On the flipside, Bristol-Myers (BMY 75.80, -0.97) weighs on the group, sliding 1.3%.

On the commodities front, WTI crude trades higher by 0.4% ($45.84/bbl; +0.16) while gold has slipped 0.2% ($1,330.10/ozt, -2.10).

12:00 pm:

[BRIEFING.COM] The major indices float near their session lows as the S&P 500 (-0.2%) trades behind the Dow Jones Industrial Average (-0.1%). Elsewhere, the domestically-facing Russell 2000 (+0.2%) outperforms.

The consumer discretionary space (-0.4%) underperforms as retail names respond to an earnings warning from European watchmaker Swatch (SWGAY 13.62, -1.11). The stock has fallen 7.6% after projecting a 12.0% year-over-year decline in net sales. In the retail sub-group, Tiffany & Co (TIF 61.54, -1.25) and Fossil (FOSL 29.02, -1.65) have fallen 2.0% and 5.5%, respectively. Travel and leisure names have pulled back from their recent rebound as Priceline (PCLN 1324.60, -21.57) and Carnival (CCL 45.37, -0.95) slide a respective 1.6% and 2.1%. The broader discretionary space shows a gain of 0.5% for the week, trailing the remaining cyclical sectors.

The Treasury complex has inched off its low in recent action as investors look to a downturn in equity markets. The yield on the 10-yr note has risen five basis points to 1.58% while the yield on the 2-yr note has risen two basis points to 0.70%.

11:30 am:

[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages have pulled back in recent action as the S&P 500 (-0.1%) violates technical support near the 2064 price level. The benchmark index trades nine points off its best level of the day, which represents an all-time intraday high (2169.05) in the index.

The commodity-sensitive energy sector (-0.1%) has slipped beneath its flat line as investors weigh a downturn in oil futures. WTI crude has trimmed its gain to 0.1% ($45.71/bbl; +0.03) after slipping from $46.10/bbl price level at the start of the session.

In the sector, oilfield service names underperform ahead of the 13:00 ET release of the Baker Hughes Rig Count. On that note, Halliburton (HAL 45.49, -0.32) and Baker Hughes (BHI 45.48, -0.32) have declined by 0.7% and 0.8%, respectively. Elsewhere, Dow component Chevron (CVX 106., -0.17) has ticked lower by 0.2%, trading behind the price-weighted index.

The U.S. Dollar Index (96.55, +0.48) hovers near its session high as commodity currencies, the euro, and the pound each extend their losses against the buck. The dollar/Canadian dollar trades higher by 0.5% (1.2955) while the euro has lost 0.5% against the greenback (1.1067). Separately, cable has declined by 0.8% (1.3238), trimming yesterday's gain.

11:00 am:

[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages have traded sideways since our last update as the Nasdaq Composite (+0.1%) trades neck-and-neck with the S&P 500 (+0.1%). The two indices sport weekly gains of 1.7% apiece.

The economically-sensitive financial sector (-0.1%) trades on a modestly lower note as investors digest the latest round of quarterly reports and guidance from the big banks. Wells Fargo (WFC 47.92, -1.02) trades lower by 2.1% after reporting in-line results for the second quarter. The money center bank also reported that its net interest margin came in at 2.86%, slipping four basis point from the first quarter of 2016. Conversely, Citigroup (C 44.52, +0.07) has ticked higher by 0.2% after reporting a bottom-line beat on in-line revenue. For the month, Wells Fargo and Citigroup have advanced 1.3% and 5.1%, respectively. This compares to a gain of 2.9% in the broader financial sector over that time.

Treasuries trade on a lower note as yields rise throughout the complex. The yield on the 10-yr note has risen five basis points to 1.59%, climbing 23 basis points from last Friday's settlement at 1.36%.

10:30 am: [BRIEFING.COM]

The dollar index is up +0.3% at the 96.43 level, weighing on commodities overall
Commodities, as measured by the Bloomberg Commodity Index, is down -0.2% at 86.99
Crude oil extends yesterday's gains ahead of this afternoon's Baker Hughes rig count data
August crude oil futures are up $0.30 (+0.7%) at $45.98/barrel
Natural gas drops to session lows, continuing yesterday's post-EIA downtrend
August natural gas futures are currently down $0.04 (-1.6%) at $2.68/MMBtu
In precious metals, gold declines for the second consecutive session as the dollar gains momentum
August gold futures are currently down $5.50 (-0.4%) at $1326.60/oz
Silver futures move in tandem with gold this morning, seeing a notable continuation downtrend from the previous session after hitting 2-year highs earlier in the week
September silver futures are currently down $0.16 (-0.8%) at $20.16/oz
Base metal copper inches higher in morning pit trading
September copper futures are up $0.01 (+0.3%) at $2.25/lb

10:00 am:

[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages have ticked lower in recent action as the Dow Jones Industrial Average (+0.2%) trades ahead of the S&P 500 (+0.1%). The benchmark index trades four points off its best level of the day.

Just released, Business Inventories increased 0.2% in May, which fell in-line with the Briefing.com consensus. The prior month's reading was unrevised at 0.1%.

Separately, the preliminary reading of the University of Michigan Consumer Sentiment survey for July decreased to 89.5 (Briefing.com consensus 93.0) from the reading of 93.5 that was reported in June.

The U.S. Dollar Index (96.41, +0.34) hovers off its best level as the euro, pound, and yen each sport losses against the greenback. The euro/dollar pair trades lower by 0.3% (1.1084) while sterling has lost 0.4% against the greenback (1.3294). Separately, the dollar has gained 0.5% against the yen (105.89).

9:45 am:

[BRIEFING.COM] The stock market began its day on a higher note as the Dow Jones Industrial Average (+0.2%) and the S&P 500 (+0.2%) trade ahead of the Nasdaq Composite (+0.1%).

Seven sectors trade in the green with health care (+0.6%) and telecom services (+0.5%) leading the upside. The remaining gainers sport upticks between 0.2% (materials) and 0.4% (consumer staples). On the flipside, financials (-0.3%), technology (-0.1%), and consumer discretionary (-0.1%) sport the only losses.

In the health care space (+0.6%), biotechnology demonstrates relative strength, evidenced by the 1.0% gain in the iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 271.02, +2.55).

The Dow Jones Transportation Average (-0.4%) trade on a lower note as airline names underperform in the index. In the group, Delta Air Lines (DAL 39.81, -1.16) underperforms after being downgraded to "Hold" from "Buy" at Evercore ISI. The broader U.S. Global Jets ETF (JETS 23.25, -0.25) trades lower by 1.1% after gaining 7.3% this past week. This compares to a gain of 3.9% in the broader Transportation Average over that same time.

On the commodities front, WTI crude trades higher by 0.6% ($45.95/bbl; +0.27) while gold has ticked lower by 0.5% ($1,325.60/ozt, -6.60).

9:19 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +3.30. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +4.10.

The stock market is on track for a flat open as the S&P 500 futures trade three points above fair value.

Equity futures ticked higher overnight, responding to mixed performances from global equity markets. European indices underperform as investors respond to an overnight terrorist attack in Nice, France. The attack took place at a Bastille Day celebration and has claimed the lives of more than 80 people. Asia-Pacific indices outperformed after China reported that second quarter GDP (+6.7% year-over-year; expected 6.6%) edged out consensus estimates.

On the home front, positive quarterly results from US Bancorp (USB 41.70, +0.45) and Citigroup (C 44.92, +0.47) have outweighed investor disappoint in results from Wells Fargo (WFC 48.60, -0.34). Elsewhere, economic data came in on an upbeat note as the Retail Sales report signaled that total retail sales increased 0.6% (Briefing.com consensus +0.2%) in June.

Just released, the Industrial Production report pointed to an increase of 0.6% in June (Briefing.com consensus +0.2%) while capacity utilization hit 75.4% (Briefing.com consensus 75.0%). Today's data will be capped off with Business Inventories for May (Briefing.com consensus 0.2%) and the preliminary reading of the University of Michigan Sentiment Index for July (Briefing.com consensus 93.0), which will both cross the wires at 10:00 ET.

8:57 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +4.30. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +3.10.

The S&P 500 futures trade four points above fair value.

Equity indices in the Asia-Pacific region ended the week on a mostly higher note after the release of above-consensus economic data from China. The country's Q2 GDP growth beat expectations (+6.7% year-over-year; expected 6.6%) while June Fixed Asset Investment disappointed (+9.0% year-over-year; expected 9.4%). Reports out of Japan indicate the country's government is working on a package to lower unemployment insurance premiums and raise the minimum wage.

In economic data:
China's Q2 GDP +1.8% quarter-over-quarter (expected 1.6%; last 1.1%); +6.7% year-over-year (consensus 6.6%; last 6.7%). June Industrial Production +6.2% year-over-year (consensus 5.9%; last 6.0%), June Fixed Asset Investment +9.0% year-over-year (expected 9.4%; last 9.6%), June Retail Sales +10.6% year-over-year (consensus 10.0%; last 10.0%), June M2 Money Stock +11.8% year-over-year (expected 11.5%; last 11.8%), June New Loans CNY1.38 trillion (consensus CNY1.04 trillion; last CNY985.50 billion), and June Outstanding Loan Growth +14.3% year-over-year (expected 14.0%; last 14.4%)
South Korea's June trade surplus KRW11.50 billion (expected surplus of KRW11.60 billion; last surplus of KRW11.60 billion). June Imports -7.7% year-over-year (expected -8.0%; last -8.0%) and June Exports -2.7% year-over-year (consensus -2.7%; previous -2.7%)
Singapore's May Retail Sales +1.4% month-over-month (last 0.4%); +3.0% year-over-year (consensus 3.2%)

---Equity Markets---

Japan's Nikkei gained 0.7%, extending its weekly advance to 9.2%. Five sectors posted gains with consumer discretionary (+4.0%), financials (+2.6%), and materials (+1.1%) showing relative strength while health care (-2.1%) and consumer staples (-2.0%) lagged. Fast Retailing soared 18.1% in reaction to upbeat results while Sony Financial, Toho, Mazda Motor, Mitsubishi UFJ Financial, and Honda Motor gained between 3.7% and 5.5%.
Hong Kong's Hang Seng added 0.5%, ending the week higher by 5.3%. SHK Properties, China Life Insurance, Cheung Kong Property Holdings, HSBC Holdings, and Hang Lung Properties gained between 0.6% and 2.0%.
China's Shanghai Composite settled just above its flat line, locking in a weekly gain of 2.2%. Shaanxi Construction Machinery, Jiangsu Wuzhong Industrial, and Dalian Sunasia Tourism added between 5.0% and 6.0% while Sichuan Tianyi Science and Baotou Tomorrow Technology both lost near 6.0%.
India's Sensex lost 0.4%, but gained 2.6% for the week. Infosys fell 8.8% in reaction to disappointing earnings while Tata Consultancy and Wipro both lost near 3.0%. On the upside, Tata Steel jumped 3.8%.

Major European indices trade lower across the board with France's CAC (-0.5%) struggling to keep pace with other markets following an overnight terrorist attack during Bastille Day celebrations in Nice, which claimed more than 80 lives. French President Francois Hollande has extended the country's state of emergency for three months and announced the call up of army reserves to bolster the police force. The euro trades flat against the dollar at 1.1122.

In economic data:
Eurozone June CPI +0.2% month-over-month, as expected (previous 0.4%); +0.1% year-over-year, as expected (last 0.1%). June Core CPI 0.0% month-over-month (last 0.2%); +0.9% year-over-year, as expected (last 0.9%). May trade surplus narrowed to EUR24.60 billion from EUR27.50 billion (expected surplus of EUR23.00 billion)
Italy's May trade surplus widened to EUR5.03 billion from EUR4.51 billion (expected surplus of EUR3.27 billion)

---Equity Markets---

UK's FTSE trades down 0.1% with miners and consumer names among the laggards. Fresnillo, Randgold Resources, and BHP Billiton are down between 1.8% and 3.0% while Morrison Supermarkets, Sports Direct, Carnival, Tesco, and Sainsbury show losses between 1.3% and 2.1%. On the upside, financials RBS and Barclays are up 1.6% and 0.6%, respectively.
Germany's DAX is down 0.2% with all but six components in the red. Deutsche Boerse and Allianz have slid 1.7% and 1.2%, respectively, while exporters Volkswagen, BMW, and Daimler show losses between 0.4% and 1.1%.
France's CAC has given up 0.5% amid weakness in consumer names. Accor and Louis Vuitton show respective losses of 3.2% and 1.5%. Financials show losses with Credit Agricole down 2.0%, BNP Paribas lower by 0.3%, and Societe Generale shedding 0.1%.

8:34 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +3.80. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +4.50.

Equity future have ticked higher in recent action as the S&P 500 futures trade four points above fair value.

Just released, total CPI rose 0.2% (Briefing.com consensus +0.3%) in June while core CPI, which excludes food and energy, increased 0.2% (Briefing.com consensus +0.2%). On a year-over-year basis, total CPI is up 1.0% and core CPI is up 2.3%.

Separately, June retail sales increased 0.6% while the Briefing.com consensus expected an increase of 0.2%. The prior month's reading was revised to 0.2% from 0.5%. Excluding autos, retail sales rose 0.7% while the consensus expected an uptick of 0.4%.

Finally, the Empire Manufacturing Survey for July registered in at 0.55, which was below the prior month's reading of 6.0 and the Briefing.com consensus estimate, which was pegged at 5.0.

8:00 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +1.80. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +2.40.

U.S. equity futures hover near their flat lines as the S&P 500 futures trade two points above fair value. Investors have adopted a wait-and-see posture ahead of a gaggle of economic data and the latest round of bank earnings from Wells Fargo (WFC 49.40, +0.46) and Citigroup (C 44.75, +0.30). Separately, global markets trade on a mixed note as Asia-Pacific indices respond to an above-consensus reading of China's second quarter GDP (+6.7% year-over-year; expected 6.6%). Separately, European bourses are pressured by news of a terrorist attack in Nice, France. The attack took place during a Bastille Day celebration and has claimed more than 80 lives.

The Treasury complex trades on a flat note as the yield on the 10-yr note sits unchanged at 1.54%.

On the economic front, data will include Empire Manufacturing for July (Briefing.com consensus 5.0), Retail Sales for June (Briefing.com consensus +0.2%), and CPI for June (Briefing.com consensus +0.3%) each crossing the wires at 8:30 ET. Separately, Capacity Utilization (Briefing.com consensus 75.0%) and Industrial Production (Briefing.com consensus 0.2%) will be released at 9:15 ET. Finally, the day's data will be capped off with the 10:00 ET release of Business Inventories for May (Briefing.com consensus 0.2%) and the preliminary reading of the University of Michigan Sentiment Index for July (Briefing.com consensus 93.0).

In U.S. corporate news of note:

Alere (ALR 40.55, +1.10): +2.8% after the company gave an update regarding its delayed 10-K form
Delta Air Lines (DAL 40.00, -0.98): -2.4% following the stock being downgraded to "Hold" from "Buy" at Evercore ISI
Fairmount Santrol (FMSA 6.35, -1.77): -21.8% after announcing that its Q2 results may not compare to previously released guidance
Herbalife (HLF 67.50, +8.14): +13.7% following the FTC determining that the company is not a pyramid scheme, however, Herbalife did agree to adjust some of its business practices

Reviewing overnight developments:

Asia-Pacific indices ended the week on a mostly higher note with Japan's Nikkei +0.7%, Hong Kong's Hang Seng +0.5% while China's Shanghai Composite settled just above its flat line.
In economic data:
China's Q2 GDP +1.8% quarter-over-quarter (expected 1.6%; last 1.1%); +6.7% year-over-year (consensus 6.6%; last 6.7%). June Industrial Production +6.2% year-over-year (consensus 5.9%; last 6.0%), June Fixed Asset Investment +9.0% year-over-year (expected 9.4%; last 9.6%), June Retail Sales +10.6% year-over-year (consensus 10.0%; last 10.0%), June M2 Money Stock +11.8% year-over-year (expected 11.5%; last 11.8%), June New Loans CNY1.38 trillion (consensus CNY1.04 trillion; last CNY985.50 billion), and June Outstanding Loan Growth +14.3% year-over-year (expected 14.0%; last 14.4%)
South Korea's June trade surplus KRW11.50 billion (expected surplus of KRW11.60 billion; last surplus of KRW11.60 billion). June Imports -7.7% year-over-year (expected -8.0%; last -8.0%) and June Exports -2.7% year-over-year (consensus -2.7%; previous -2.7%)
Singapore's May Retail Sales +1.4% month-over-month (last 0.4%); +3.0% year-over-year (consensus 3.2%)
In news:
In China, Q2 GDP growth beat expectations (+6.7% year-over-year; expected 6.6%) while June Fixed Asset Investment disappointed (+9.0% year-over-year; expected 9.4%).
Reports out of Japan indicate the country's government is working on a package to lower unemployment insurance premiums and raise the minimum wage.

European indices trade lower with France's CAC -0.4%, the U.K.'s FTSE -0.2%, and Germany's DAX -0.1%.
In economic data:
Eurozone June CPI +0.2% month-over-month, as expected (previous 0.4%); +0.1% year-over-year, as expected (last 0.1%). June Core CPI 0.0% month-over-month (last 0.2%); +0.9% year-over-year, as expected (last 0.9%). May trade surplus narrowed to EUR24.60 billion from EUR27.50 billion (expected surplus of EUR23.00 billion)
Italy's May trade surplus widened to EUR5.03 billion from EUR4.51 billion (expected surplus of EUR3.27 billion)
In news:
France's CAC (-0.4%) underperforms after an overnight terrorist in Nice.
The attack is reported to have claimed more than 80 lives.
French President Francois Hollande has extended the country's state of emergency for three months and announced the call up of army reserves to bolster the police force.
The euro has inched up 0.1% against the dollar, trading at 1.1130.

6:03 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: -1.80. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -2.40.

6:03 am: [BRIEFING.COM] Nikkei...16498...+112.00...+0.70%. Hang Seng...21659...+98.20...+0.50%.

6:03 am: [BRIEFING.COM] FTSE...6637.58...-16.90...-0.30%. DAX...10002...-66.00...-0.70%.

Special thanks to Bloomberg, Briefing, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance for their market summaries. gm

Best Regards,
M.A. Perry
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
Image@ http://twitter.com/wrbtrader Image@ http://stocktwits.com/wrbtrader

http://www.thestrategylab.com
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
Skype Messenger: kebec2002
wrbanalysis@gmail.com