TheStrategyLab.com Price Action Trading Support Forum

Forum for price action traders that want to learn WRB Analysis basic tutorial chapters 1, 2 and 3 prior to purchasing our advance trade methods. Hashtags: #wrbanalysis #wrbzone #wrbhiddengap #priceaction #trading
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: May 9th Monday Trade Results - Profit $4250.00
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 3:41 am 
Site Admin

Trade Results of M.A. Perry
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
Price Action Trading (no technical indicators)
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
Free Chat Room: http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164
Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
wrbanalysis@gmail.com (24/7)
http://twitter.com/wrbtrader (24/7)

Attachment:
050916-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-PnL-Blotter-Profit+4250.00.png
050916-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-PnL-Blotter-Profit+4250.00.png [ 95.05 KiB | Viewed 334 times ]

click on the above image to view today's performance verification

Price Action Trade Performance for Today: Emini TF ($TF_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Emini ES ($ES_F) futures @ $4250.00 dollars or +85.00 points, Light Crude Oil CL ($CL_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Gold GC ($GC_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points and EuroFX 6E ($6E_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.0000 ticks. Total Profit @ $4250.00 dollars

Russell 2000 Emini TF Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ The ICE
S&P 500 Emini ES Futures: 1 tick or 0.25 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Light Crude Oil CL (WTI) Futures: 1 tick or 0.01 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Gold GC Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
EuroFX 6E Futures: 1 tick or 0.0001 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup

Trade Log: All of my trades were posted real-time in the timestamp ##TheStrategyLab free chat room. You can read today's price action trading information about my trades (e.g. time, price entry, contract size, price exit) as the trade traversed to its completion. Also, sometimes I'll post real-time trading tips in ##TheStrategyLab chat room involving WRBs, WRB Hidden GAPs, Key Market Events (KME), Tutorial Chapters 2 & 3, WRB Zones, Reaction Highs/Lows, Contracting Volatility or Expanding Volatility. Its all archived @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/ftchat/forum/viewtopic.php?f=156&t=2356

Quote:
All of my real-time posted trades involves price action concepts from the WRB Analysis free study guide, Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 4 - 12 and the Volatility Trading Report (VTR) trade signal strategies. Analysis -----> Trade Signals

Also, posted below are direct links to information about my price action trade methodology and trading plan (there's a difference between the two) that enables me to identify key trading areas in the price action that represent changes in supply/demand and volatility along with being able to exploit these changes via WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis). I'm primarily a day trader because it suits my personal lifestyle but I do occasionally swing trade and position trade. Simply, my trade method is applicable for position trading, swing trading and day trading.

Image ##TheStrategyLab Chat Room is free. Members and I use the chat room to post WRB Analysis commentary, real-time trades and to post anything else related to trading. The chat room helps me tremendously in my own trading because I use it to document (journal) general volatility analysis involving WRB Analysis so that I can easily review at a later date my thoughts as I interacted with the markets...info I can not get from my broker statements. Also, this is not a signal calling chat room where a head trader tells you when to buy or sell and I do not have the time/energy/resources to manage a signal calling chat room. Access instructions for chat room @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164

Image Price Action Analysis via Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/WRBAnalysisTutorials.htm and there's a free study guide of the WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1, 2 and 3 @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=718

Analysis -----> Trade Signals

Image Trade Signal Strategies via Volatility Trading Report (VTR) @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/VolatilityTrading.htm and there's a free trade signal strategy @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=89 so that you can freely test drive one of our price action trade strategies with support (answering your questions) prior to purchasing the Volatility Trading Report (VTR). All WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1 - 12 are included in the purchase of the Volatility Trading Report (VTR).

Image Daily Trading Plan Routine @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=291&t=3143 contains brief information about trading plan, market context, brokers, trading time frames, position size management and other discussions.

-----------------------------

Market Context Summaries

The below summaries by Bloomberg, Briefing, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance helps me to do a quick review of the fundamentals, FED/ECB/BOE/IMF actions or any important global economic events (e.g. Eurozone, MarketWatch.com) that had an impact on today's price action in many trading instruments I monitor during the trading day. Simply, I'm a strong believer that key market events causes key changes in supply/demand and volatility resulting in trade opportunities (swing points and strong continuation price actions) that reach profit targets. Thus, I pay attention to these key market events, intermarket analysis (e.g. Forex EurUsd, EuroFX 6E futures, Gold GC futures, Light Crude Oil (WTI) CL & Brent Oil futures, Eurex DAX futures, Euronext FTSE100 futures, Emini ES futures, Emini TF futures, Treasury ZB futures and U.S. Dollar Index futures) while using WRB Analysis from one trade to the next trade to give me the market context for price action trading before the appearance of my technical analysis trade signals. Therefore, I maintain these archives to allow me to understand what was happening on any given trading day in the past involving key market events to help better understand my trade decisions (day trading, swing trading, position trading)...something I can not get from my broker statements alone. Further, most financial websites remove (delete) their archives after a few years to make room for new content. Therefore, I maintain my own archives of the news content so that I have it available for me when financial websites no longer archives their content.

Attachment:
050916-Key-Price-Action-Markets.png
050916-Key-Price-Action-Markets.png [ 1.17 MiB | Viewed 336 times ]

click on the above image to view today's price action of key markets

4:45 pm: [BRIEFING.COM]

The dollar index continues this morning's rally, currently up +0.3% at the 94.15 level
Commodities, as measured by the Bloomberg Commodity Index, are down -2.0% at 81.76
Crude oil finishes near the lows of the day, erasing all of last sessions gains and more
June crude oil futures fell $1.14 (-2.6%) to $43.45/barrel
Natural gas futures extend Friday's rally
June natural gas closed $0.02 higher (+1.0%) at $2.10/MMBtu
In precious metals, gold sees a notable decline to begin the trading week
June gold ended today's session down $26.80 (-2.1%) to $1266.80/oz
Silver drops, hovering around and closing near the lows of the day
July silver closed today's session $0.45 lower (-2.6%) at $17.08/oz
Base metal copper inches lower
July copper closed $0.04 lower (-1.9%) at $2.11/lb

4:10 pm:

[BRIEFING.COM] The stock market began its week on a flat note as a rebound in the heavyweight health care (+1.1%) sector compensated for a downturn from the oil pit. Additional focal points for today's trade included strengthening in the dollar, weakness in commodities, and the outperformance of the heavy-weighted consumer discretionary space (+0.3%). The Nasdaq Composite (+0.3%) ended ahead of the S&P 500 (+0.1%) and the Dow Jones Industrial Average (+0.1%).

The major averages slipped from their opening levels as investors focused their attention on a persistent downturn in crude oil. The energy component abandoned its early gains as participants weighed a four-month rally in oil against the impact of an ongoing wildfire in Canada's oil-sands region. Early estimates project that the fire near Fort McMurray will result in production losses between 645,000 and one million barrels per day. However, the energy component has already rallied 66.2% since its closing low of $26.14/bbl on February 11.

To be fair though, dollar-denominated gold (-2.1%; 1,226.80/ozt), iron ore (-6.3%; $54.65/mt), and copper (-2.3%; 2.10/lb) also ended the day lower as they each felt pressure from an uptick in the greenback and below-consensus data out of China. Over the weekend, April import (-10.9% year-over-year; expected -5.0%) and export (-1.8%; consensus -0.1%) data from China came in below consensus while commentary from a high-ranking official called into question further stimulus measures from the government.

Equity indices ticked off their session lows in the early afternoon as the heavily-weighted health care (+1.1%) and consumer discretionary (+0.3%) spaces extended their gains. The two finished near the top of the leaderboard along with countercyclical consumer staples (+0.6%) and utilities (+0.5%). Conversely, commodity-sensitive energy (-1.2%) and materials (-1.3%) rounded out the board.

In the health care sector (+1.1%), generic drug names outperformed as they rebounded from losses registered in the wake of disappointing guidance from Endo International (ENDP 15.27, -0.90). On that note, Allergan (AGN 213.71, +12.06) gained 6.0% today after declining 4.1% last Friday. The company is scheduled to deliver its quarterly report tomorrow morning. Elsewhere, biotechnology outperformed, evidenced by the 2.6% gain in the iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 261.90, +6.62).

The SPDR S&P Retail ETF (XRT 43.73, +0.70) outperformed in the consumer discretionary space (+0.3%) as retail names rebounded from a selloff following last week's disappointing same-store sales readings. Elsewhere, Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG 453.17, +19.36) gained 4.5%, closing above last week's high ($447.46). On the flipside, JD.com (JD 23.41 ,-1.78) fell 7.1% after sales volume declined alongside growth concerns in China.

In the energy space (-1.2%) oil and gas service names underperformed with Halliburton (HAL 38.69, -0.75) and Schlumberger (SLB 72.77, -2.35) declining 1.9% and 3.1%, respectively. The broader energy sector extended its May decline to 4.2%, compared to a loss of 0.3% in the benchmark index.

The U.S. Dollar Index (94.14, +0.25) ended higher as the greenback gained against the yen and euro. The dollar/yen pair finished higher by 1.2% (108.38) after commentary from Japanese Finance Minister Taro Aso alluded to intervention in the foreign exchange market if the yen poses a continuing risk to trade or the country's broader economy. Separately, the euro lost 0.2% against the dollar (1.1383).

The Treasury complex ended its day higher with the yield on the 10-yr note slipping three basis points to 1.75%.

Today's trading volume was above the recent average as more than 941 million shares changed hands on the NYSE floor.

Investors did not receive any noteworthy economic data today.

Tomorrow's economic data will include the March Job Openings and Labor Turnover Survey and Wholesale Inventories for March (Briefing.com consensus +0.2%), which will both cross the wires at 10:00 ET.

Nasdaq Composite -5.1% YTD
Russell 2000 -1.5% YTD
S&P 500 +0.7% YTD
Dow Jones +1.6% YTD

3:00 pm:

[BRIEFING.COM] As the stock market enters its final hour of trade, the Nasdaq Composite (+0.7%) leads the S&P 500 (+0.3%) and the Dow Jones Industrial Average (-0.1%).

In front of the pack, health care (+1.4%) leads consumer staples (+0.6%) and consumer discretionary (+0.6%). On the flipside, industrials (-0.2%) lead commodity-sensitive materials (-1.0%) and energy (-1.2%).

In the financial sector (UNCH), HCP (HCP 36.10, +1.55) outperforms after reporting in-line funds from operations. The company also announced a plan to divest its HMRC portfolio. Elsewhere, Berkshire Hathaway (BRK.B 142.93, -1.69) has slipped 1.2% after reporting in-line earnings. However, the conglomerate did report noticeable headwinds from its Burlington Northern and BH Energy holdings. The broader financial sector sports the largest year to date loss, having declined 3.2% so far in 2016.

WTI crude ended its day lower by 2.6% at $43.45/bbl while natural gas finished at $2.1/MMbtu (+1.0%).

2:30 pm:

[BRIEFING.COM] The stock market has floated sideways since the last update as the S&P 500 (+0.1%) sits five points above its session low.

Five sectors trade in the red with countercyclical telecom services (-0.1%) leading financials (-0.2%), and industrials (-0.4%).

In the technology sector (+0.2%), Facebook (FB 119.35, -0.14) trades on a flat note after receiving a favorable ruling in a trademark case in China. Elsewhere in legal developments, Oracle (ORCL 39.46, +0.05) has taken Alphabet's (GOOG 717.16, +6.04) Google back to court regarding allegations that Google used part of Oracle's Java software without permission. The high-beta chipmakers underperform, evidenced by the flat reading in the PHLX Semiconductor Index. For the month of May, the index has lost 1.2%, compared to a gain of 0.2% in the broader technology sector.

On the commodities front, WTI crude trades lower by 2.7% ($43.44/bbl) ahead of its pit session close at 14:30 ET while natural gas trades lower by 0.4% at $2.09/MMbtu.

2:00 pm:

[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages have ticked lower with the Nasdaq Composite (+0.5%) leading the S&P 500 (+0.1%).

Health care (+1.2%), consumer staples (+0.5%), and consumer discretionary (+0.5%) lead. On the flipside, commodity-sensitive energy (-1.5%) and materials (-0.8%) have trimmed their respective losses on the bottom of the leaderboard.

In the consumer discretionary space (+0.5%), media names display relative weakness with CBS (CBS 56.05 -1.63) experiencing the sharpest downturn. The company had gained 2.3% last week after beating bottom-line estimates for the first quarter. Meanwhile, retailers outperform, evidenced by the 1.9% gain in the SPDR S&P Retail ETF (XRT 43.77, +0.74). The ETF surrendered 2.7% last week following disappointing same-store sales readings. Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG 455.17, +21.36) has gained 4.9%, knocking out last week's high ($447.46). The broader sector has gained 0.6% in May, trailing only utilities (+0.4%; month-to-date +1.2%) and consumer staples (+0.5%; month-to-date +2.3%) over that time.

On the commodities front, gold ended its day lower by 2.1% at $1,266.80/ozt. while WTI crude trades lower by 2.6% ($43.52/bbl).

1:30 pm:

[BRIEFING.COM] The major U.S. indices have inched higher in recent trade, but still sit mixed in afternoon trading.

A look inside the Dow Jones Industrial Average shows that Caterpillar (CAT 70.89, -2.47), Chevron (CVX 100.39, -1.47), & General Electric (GE 29.74, -0.38) are underperforming. Caterpillar continues to trend lower following last week's short presentation from Greenlight Capital's David Einhorn while Chevron is under pressure amid sector weakness in energy with crude oil futures down more than 2%.

Conversely, Wal-Mart (WMT 68.98, +0.73) is the Dow's best gainer as consumer staples outperform the broad market.

Starting the week in negative territory, the DJIA is now down 0.33% this month.

1:10 pm:

[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages trade on a mixed note at midday as a rebound in the heavily-weighted health care space (+1.2%) helps support the broader market. Today's trade has featured a rebound in the dollar and a downturn in oil and other dollar-denominated commodities. The Nasdaq Composite (+0.5%) trades ahead of both the S&P 500 (+0.2%) and the Dow Jones Industrial Average (-0.1%).

Equity futures slipped overnight as investors digested disappointing April import (-10.9% year-over-year; expected -5.0%) and export (-1.8%; consensus -0.1%) data out of China. Compounding the negative datapoints were comments from a high-ranking Chinese official, who cast doubt on further monetary stimulus. The commentary was also underscored by caution towards the speed of a rebound in China's economy. However, futures shook off early weakness following above-consensus German Factory Orders for March (+1.9%; consensus +0.6%) and a rebound in oil.

The rebound in crude oil came on the heels of reports, which indicated that the wildfire impacting Canada's oil-sands region may result in production losses between 645,000 and one million barrels per day. However, the energy component would shed these gains ahead of the opening bell.

The major averages opened on a higher note as investors looked to a rebound in the heavily-weighted health care sector (+1.2%), but they have since trimmed their gains as a reversal in crude oil continues. Currently four sectors trade in the green with health care (+1.2%) and consumer staples (+0.5%) leading the upside. Conversely, energy (-1.7%) trails materials (-0.9%) and industrials (-0.5%) on the bottom of the leaderboard.

The energy space (-1.7%) demonstrates broad-based weakness as the sector trims yearly gains alongside crude oil. The energy group has gained 7.0% in 2016, compared to a gain of 18.1% in WTI crude and 0.8% in the benchmark index. Currently, WTI crude trades lower by 2.6% at $43.52/bbl.

The Dow Jones Industrial Average (+0.3%) trades narrowly above its flat line as railroads underperform while airlines names display relative strength. On that note, Southwest Airlines (LUV 42.10, +0.37) has gained 0.9% after reporting that revenue passenger miles increased 4.7% on a year-over-year basis in April. In the broader industrial sector (-0.5%), Dow component Caterpillar (CAT 70.91, -2.45) sports the largest loss in the price-weighted index.

The biotechnology sub-group outperforms in the health care space (+1.2%). The iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 261.94, +6.66) has gained 2.6% today as it rebounds from last week's decline of 3.3%. Meanwhile, generic drug names are also rebounding after last week's downturn that followed Endo International's (ENDP 15.69, -0.48) quarterly report. Separately, Cardinal Health (CAH 78.44, +1.59) has gained 2.1% after beating bottom-line estimates for the quarter and raising its dividend to $0.4489 per share from $0.387 per share.

In the consumer staples space (+0.5%), retail names outperform as they rebound from disappointing same-store sales figures from last week. Meanwhile, Tyson Foods (TSN 68.44, +1.19) has gained 1.8% after beating analysts' estimates for the second quarter and raising its 2016 earnings guidance to $4.20-4.30 from $3.85-3.95.

The U.S. Dollar Index (94.11, +0.28) trades broadly higher as the greenback rallies against the yen. Overnight, Japanese Finance Minister Taro Aso stated that the country was ready to intervene if the yen continues to hurt Japanese trade and the broader economy. As a result, the dollar/yen pair trades higher by 1.2% at 108.39. Separately, the euro has lost 0.1% against the dollar (1.1391).

The Treasury complex has moved higher throughout the session as the yield on the 10-yr note slips two basis points to 1.75%.

Investors did not receive any noteworthy economic data today.

12:30 pm:

[BRIEFING.COM] The stock market has ticked higher since our last update as the S&P 500 (UNCH) floats five points above its session low.

Countercyclical health care (+1.3%), consumer staples (+0.5%), and utilities (0.4%) lead consumer discretionary (+0.3%) and technology (+0.2%). On the flipside, commodity-sensitive energy (-1.9%) and materials (-1.2%) round out the leaderboard.

The consumer staples space (+0.5%) outperforms after Tyson Foods (TSN 68.56, +1.31) reported above-consensus results for the second quarter. The company raised full-year 2016 earnings guidance to $4.20-4.30 from $3.85-3.95. Hormel Foods (HRL 39.76, +1.21) has gained 3.4% as it trades higher in sympathy with the name. Meanwhile, consumer staples retailers are rebounding from last week's disappointing same-store sales readings. On that note, Costco (COST 147.54, +1.10) sank 3.2% after missing comparable store estimates for April. However, the stock has rebounded 0.9% today. For the year, Costco has declined 9.3%, compared to the gain of 5.6% in the broader sector.

On the commodities front, WTI crude has extended its loss to 2.6% ($43.54/bbl). Elsewhere, safe haven gold has fallen 2.2% to $1,265.50/ozt.

12:00 pm:

[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages have ticked up in recent action as the Nasdaq Composite (+0.4%) leads the S&P 500 (+0.1%) and the Dow Jones Industrial Average (-0.3%).

The heavyweight technology (+0.3%) and consumer discretionary (+0.3%) sectors have extended their gains as they trail countercyclical consumer staples (+0.6%) and utilities (+0.6%).

In the industrial space (-0.5%), rail names demonstrate relative weakness with CSX (CSX 25.81, -0.31) and Norfolk Southern (NSC 88.02, -1.64) losing 1.3% and 1.8%, respectively. Meanwhile, Dow component Caterpillar (CAT 70.64, -2.72) sports the largest loss in the price-weighted index. Conversely, airline names outperform with Southwest Airlines (LUV 42.32, +0.59) and Delta Air Lines (DAL 42.55, +0.65) gaining 1.4% apiece. The broader industrial sector sports a loss of 1.6% since the beginning of May, compared to a downtick of 0.4% in the benchmark index.

The U.S. Dollar Index (94.07, +0.18) floats below the middle of its daily trading range as the greenback remains ahead of the yen and the Canadian dollar. The dollar/Canadian dollar pair trades higher by 0.7% (1.2995) while the dollar has gained 1.2% against the yen (108.40).

11:35 am:

[BRIEFING.COM] The stock market has ticked lower since our last update with the Nasdaq Composite (+0.2%) maintaining its lead over the S&P 500 (-0.1%).

The commodity-sensitive energy space (-2.2%) trails materials (-1.1%), industrials (-0.5%), and financials (-0.5%) on the bottom of the leaderboard.

The energy space (-2.2%) displays broad-based weakness as oil trims its gain off the February 11 low in the S&P 500 (1810.10). The commodity has gained 66.7% since that time, compared to a gain of 13.6% in the benchmark index and 18.4% in the Energy Sector SPDR ETF (XLE 63.76, -1.52). Currently, WTI crude trades lower by 2.4% at $43.58/bbl.

In the sector, oil field service names and refiners demonstrate relative weakness. Schlumberger (SLB 72.99, -2.13) and Baker Hughes (BHI 44.26, -1.62) have declined 2.9% and 3.5%, respectively. Elsewhere, Marathon Petroleum (MPC 34.32, -1.56) has fallen 4.4%.

The Treasury complex has inched higher with the yield on the 10-yr note lower by two basis points at 1.76%.

10:55 am:

[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages have pulled back from their opening highs as the S&P 500 (+0.1%) leads the Dow Jones Industrial Average (-0.2%).

Five sectors remain in positive territory with health care (+1.2%), consumer staples (+0.7%), utilities (+0.5%), and consumer discretionary (+0.4%) leading.

In the health care space (+1.2%), biotechnology demonstrates relative strength, evidenced by the 2.1% gain in the iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 260.53, +5.25). The ETF is rebounding from a loss of 3.3% last week. Elsewhere, generic drug names outperform as they rebound from last week's selloff following results from Endo International (ENDP 15.77, -0.40). On that note, Allergan (AGN 215.83, +14.16) slid 4.1% on Friday, but has gained 6.9% today. The company is scheduled to release its earnings report tomorrow morning.

The U.S. Dollar Index (94.06, +0.18) has ticked lower since the last update as the yen and the euro trim their losses against the greenback. The dollar/yen pair trades higher by 1.2% (108.44) after slipping from the 108.55 level. Meanwhile, the euro trades flat against the dollar at 1.1400.

10:30 am: [BRIEFING.COM]

The dollar index stages an early morning rally, up +0.3% around the 94.13 level
Commodities, as measured by the Bloomberg Commodity Index, are down -1.2% at the 82.36 level
Crude oil trends lower, in consolidation mode around its lows of the day, breaking support at $45.00 barrel
June crude oil futures are currently down $0.45 (-1.0%) at $44.28/barrel
Natural gas drops, trading near its lows for the day
June natural gas futures are currently down $0.01 (-0.5%) at $2.09/MMBtu
In precious metals, gold sees a downtrend, currently reversing direction modestly off the $1264.90 low of the day
June gold futures are currently down $26.60 (-2.1%) at $1267.40/oz
Silver plummets in morning pit trading
July silver futures are down $0.49 (-2.8%) at $17.04/oz
Base metal copper resumes last week's downtrend
July copper futures are down $0.05 (-2.1%) at $2.11/lb

10:00 am:

[BRIEFING.COM] The major U.S. indices float below their opening highs as the Nasdaq Composite (+0.3%) continues to lead the S&P 500 (+0.2%).

In front of the pack, countercyclical health care (+1.1%) and consumer staples (+0.8%) outperform. Meanwhile, heavily-weighted financials (-0.1%) has joined industrials (-0.1%), materials (-0.9%), and energy (-1.5%) in negative territory.

In materials (-0.9%), Alcoa (AA 9.59, -0.45) demonstrates relative weakness, declining 4.4%. Elsewhere, mining company Freeport-McMoRan (FCX 10.76, -1.03) has tumbled 8.8%. The company recently announced that it was selling its interest in TF Holdings to China Molybdenum for $2.65 billion in cash.

The U.S. Dollar Index (94.14, +0.25) hovers near its session high as the greenback extends its gain over the euro and the yen. The euro/dollar pair trades lower by 0.1% (1.1391) while the dollar has gained 1.4% against the yen 108.59.

9:50 am:

[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages began their day on a flat note with the Nasdaq Composite (+0.3%) and the S&P 500 (+0.2%) trading ahead of the Dow Jones Industrial Average (+0.1%).

Six sectors trade in the green with health care (+0.9%) leading the advance. The remaining gainers sport upticks between 0.3% (financials) and 0.5% (technology). Conversely, materials (-0.8%) and energy (-0.9%) show the largest losses.

In the Dow Jones Industrial Average (+0.3%), airlines demonstrate relative strength with Delta Airlines (DAL 42.56, +0.67) and United Airlines (UAL 46.61, +0.91) gaining 1.6% and 1.9%, respectively. Separately, Southwest Airlines (LUV 42.44, +0.71) has gained 1.7% after reporting April traffic with positive revenue metrics.

Conversely, mining and aluminum names underperform in materials (-0.8%). The space is suffering from a downturn in commodities with iron (-6.3%; 54.65/mt), copper (-2.0%; $2.11/lbs), and nickel (-3.7%; $8960.00/t) each slipping.

The Treasury complex trades higher with the yield on the 10-yr note lower by one basis point to 1.76%.

9:16 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +0.80. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +6.40.

The stock market is on track for a flat open as the S&P 500 futures trades one point above fair value. Futures trimmed their gain this morning as oil pulled back from its overnight high ($45.93/bbl). The commodity has been under pressure as investors weigh developments from Canada and Saudi Arabia.

Over the weekend, a wildfire in Canada's oil-sands region has continued to impact oil production from the region. Current estimates project that the wildfire may result in production losses between 645,000 and one million barrels per day. Elsewhere, investors are ruminating over a reshuffle in Saudi Arabia's oil ministry. Oil minister Ali al-Naimi was replaced over the weekend by Khalid al-Falih, the head of Saudi Aramco. Currently, WTI crude trades lower by 0.6% at $44.39/bbl.

In company specific news, Krispy Kreme (KKD 20.80, +3.94) has spiked 23.4% after agreeing to be acquired by JAB Beech for $21 per share. Krispy Kreme will be privately held after the acquisition, and will retain its current headquarters in Winston-Salem, N.C. Elsewhere on the M&A front, DepoMed (DEPO 16.75, +1.24) has gained 8.0% amid reports that Horizon Pharmaceuticals (HZNP 14.63, +1.22) may enter merger talks with the company.

There is not economic data of note scheduled for release today.

8:55 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +1.50. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +8.80.

The S&P 500 futures trade two points above fair value as a pullback in oil continues to weigh on equities.

Equity markets in the Asia-Pacific region began the week on a mixed note. Investors received China's trade data on Saturday, which showed a larger than expected surplus ($45.56 billion; expected $40.00 billion), but both imports (-10.9% year-over-year; expected -5.0%) and exports (-1.8%; consensus -0.1%) declined more than expected. The decline in imports represented the 18th straight monthly drop.

In economic data:
China's April trade surplus $45.56 billion (consensus $40.00 billion; previous $29.86 billion). Imports -10.9% year-over-year (consensus -5.0%; last -7.6%) and exports -1.8% year-over-year (consensus -0.1%; previous 11.5%)
Japan's March Overtime Pay -0.2% year-over-year (last 0.4%) and Average Cash Earnings +1.4% year-over-year (consensus 0.6%; last 0.7%). Separately, April Household Confidence 40.8, as expected (last 41.7)
Australia's April ANZ Job Advertisements -0.8% month-over-month (previous 0.1%) and Internet Job Ads -0.7% month-over-month (last 0.4%)

---Equity Markets---

Japan's Nikkei gained 0.7% with eight sectors ending in the green. Consumer staples (+1.9%), consumer discretionary (+1.1%) and energy (+1.0%) led the way while utilities (-0.6%) and materials (-0.5%) lagged. Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Yahoo Japan, Kirin Holdings, Mitsui Fudosan, Toho, and Fast Retailing gained between 2.1% and 5.3%.
Hong Kong's Hang Seng added 0.3%. More than half of index components ended higher with Bank of East Asia, Want Want China, Henderson Land, Belle International, Sands China, and Galaxy Entertainment climbing between 0.8% and 2.9%. On the downside, China Shenhua Enery and Li & Fung lost 0.7% and 1.1%, respectively.
China's Shanghai Composite sank 2.8% as growth concerns returned to the surface. Shanghai No 1 Pharmacy, Yantai Yuancheng Gold, and Jiangsu Sanfangxiang Industry all lost close to 10.0% apiece.

Major European indices trade higher across the board with Germany's DAX (+1.8%) in the lead. The euro, meanwhile, saw a slim gain overnight, but the single currency now trades lower by 0.1% against the dollar at 1.1390. It is worth noting that, according to recent reports, Austria's Chancellor Werner Faymann has resigned. Mr. Faymann has been chancellor since 2008 and the resignation comes as his party struggles to contain the fallout of the ongoing migrant crisis. Also of note, the Eurogroup is holding an extraordinary meeting today concerning Greece's bailout review.

Economic data was limited:
Eurozone May Sentix Investor Confidence 6.2 (consensus 6.1; last 5.7)
Germany's March Factory Orders +1.9% month-over-month (expected 0.7%; last -0.8%)
UK's April Halifax House Price Index -0.8% month-over-month (last -0.4%; last 2.2%); +9.2% year-over-year (consensus 9.6%; previous 10.1%)
Swiss April CPI +0.3% month-over-month (consensus 0.1%; last 0.3%); -0.4% year-over-year (expected -0.6%; last -0.9%)

---Equity Markets---

UK's FTSE trades higher by 0.1% with select consumer names showing relative strength. TUI, EasyJet, Dixons Carphone, and Carnival show gains between 1.5% and 3.0%. Homebuilders also outperform with Barratt Developments and Kingfisher both up near 1.4%. On the flip side, miners like Anglo American, Rio Tinto, Glencore, Fresnillo, and Antofagasta underperform with losses between 3.3% and 6.6%.
France's CAC trades up 0.9%. All but two index components trade in the green with Orange, Cap Gemini, and Sanofi up between 2.4% and 3.1%. Consumer names have also shown relative strength as Danone, Carrefour, Essilor International, L'Oreal, and Pernod Ricard climb between 1.9% and 2.4%. On the downside, ArcelorMittal has stumbled 4.1%.
Germany's DAX outperforms with a gain of 1.4%. Volkswagen leads with a 3.9% spike while other exporters like Daimler and BMW are both up near 1.9%. Financials trade in mixed fashion as Commerzbank slides 0.7% while Deutsche Bank adds 1.6%.

8:33 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +3.00. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +12.10.

Equity futures have trimmed their gains in recent action as the market pulls back alongside oil. The S&P 500 futures trade three points above fair value while WTI crude trades lower by 0.1% ($44.62/bbl) after slipping from the $44.60/bbl level.

In company specific news, Disney (DIS 106.20, +0.66) has gained 0.6% after the company's film Captain America: Civil War surpassed $181.8 million in North American ticket sales. Elsewhere, Valeant Pharmaceuticals (VRX 31.15, +1.26) has jumped 4.2% after the company reiterated its first quarter guidance for 2016. The company expects earnings to come in between $1.30-1.55 per share. Additionally, it expects to file its Form 10-Q for the quarter ended on March 31 by June 10.

The U.S. Dollar Index (94.03, +0.14) has floated lower in recent action as the euro trims its loss against the greenback. The euro/dollar pair trades flat at 1.1401 after ticking off the 1.1380 level overnight. Meanwhile, the dollar/yen pair remains higher by 1.1% at 108.25.

8:06 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +4.50. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +12.90.

U.S. equity futures trade higher with the S&P 500 futures floating five points above fair value. Overnight, futures ticked lower following reports out of China that indicated that a high-ranking Chinese official warned that further debt-fueled monetary policy stimulus may lead to a financial crisis in the country. The news also followed a disappointing reading of China's April imports (-10.9% year-over-year; expected -5.0%) and exports (-1.8%; consensus -0.1%).

Futures rebounded as equity markets found support from a positive reading of German Factory Orders for March (+1.9%; estimated +0.6%) and a rebound in oil. Over the weekend, reports indicated that a wildfire in Canada will impact the country's supply. Additionally, the Saudi Arabian government replaced oil minister Ali al-Naimi on Saturday. Currently, WTI crude trades higher by 0.5% at $44.86/bbl.

The Treasury complex trades on a flat note with the yield on the 10-yr note unchanged at 1.78%.

On the economic front, there is no economic data of note scheduled for release today.

In U.S. corporate news of note:

Tyson Foods (TSN 68.75, +1.50): +2.2% following the company beating estimates for Q2 and raising FY16 earnings guidance
Lending Club (LC 5.48, -1.62): -22.8% after reporting in-line bottom-line results and announcing that Chairman and CEO Renaud Laplanche has resigned
Cardinal Health (CAH 79.00, +2.15): +2.8% following the company reporting above-consensus bottom-line results for Q3, but lowering FY16 earnings guidance
Teva Pharma (TEVA 51.50, +1.23): +2.5% after beating bottom-line estimates on in-line revenue for Q1

Reviewing overnight developments:

Asia-Pacific markets began the week on a mixed note with China's Shanghai Composite -2.8%, Hong Kong's Hang Seng +0.3%, and Japan's Nikkei +0.7%.
In economic data:
China's April trade surplus $45.56 billion (consensus $40.00 billion; previous $29.86 billion). Imports -10.9% year-over-year (consensus -5.0%; last -7.6%) and exports -1.8% year-over-year (consensus -0.1%; previous 11.5%)
Japan's March Overtime Pay -0.2% year-over-year (last 0.4%) and Average Cash Earnings +1.4% year-over-year (consensus 0.6%; last 0.7%). Separately, April Household Confidence 40.8, as expected (last 41.7)
Australia's April ANZ Job Advertisements -0.8% month-over-month (previous 0.1%) and Internet Job Ads -0.7% month-over-month (last 0.4%)
In news:
China's trade data on Saturday showed a larger than expected surplus ($45.56 billion; expected $40.00 billion).
However, both imports (-10.9% year-over-year; expected -5.0%) and exports (-1.8%; consensus -0.1%) declined more than expected.
The decline in imports represented the 18th straight monthly drop.

European indices trade higher with Germany's DAX +1.7%, France's CAC +1.2%, and the U.K.'s FTSE +0.3%.
Economic data was limited:
Eurozone May Sentix Investor Confidence 6.2 (consensus 6.1; last 5.7)
Germany's March Factory Orders +1.9% month-over-month (expected 0.7%; last -0.8%)
UK's April Halifax House Price Index -0.8% month-over-month (last -0.4%; last 2.2%); +9.2% year-over-year (consensus 9.6%; previous 10.1%)
Swiss April CPI +0.3% month-over-month (consensus 0.1%; last 0.3%); -0.4% year-over-year (expected -0.6%; last -0.9%)
In news:
The euro, meanwhile, saw a slim gain overnight, but the single currency now trades lower by 0.1% against the dollar at 1.1390.
According to recent reports, Austria's Chancellor Werner Faymann has resigned.
Mr. Faymann has been chancellor since 2008 and the resignation comes as his party struggles to contain the fallout of the ongoing migrant crisis.
Also of note, the Eurogroup is holding an extraordinary meeting today concerning -2.8%) Greece's bailout review.

5:56 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +7.30. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +18.10.

5:56 am: [BRIEFING.COM] Nikkei...16216.03...+109.30...+0.70%. Hang Seng...20156.81...+46.90...+0.20%.

5:56 am: [BRIEFING.COM] FTSE...6171.86...+46.20...+0.80%. DAX...10061.87...+191.90...+1.90%.

Special thanks to Bloomberg, Briefing, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance for their market summaries. gm

Best Regards,
M.A. Perry
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
Image@ http://twitter.com/wrbtrader Image@ http://stocktwits.com/wrbtrader

http://www.thestrategylab.com
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
Skype Messenger: kebec2002
wrbanalysis@gmail.com