TheStrategyLab.com Price Action Trading Support Forum

Forum for price action traders that want to learn WRB Analysis basic tutorial chapters 1, 2 and 3 prior to purchasing our advance trade methods. Hashtags: #wrbanalysis #wrbzone #wrbhiddengap #priceaction #trading
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: April 12th Tuesday Trade Results - Profit $5312.50
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:37 pm 
Site Admin

Trade Results of M.A. Perry
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
Price Action Trading (no technical indicators)
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
Free Chat Room: http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164
Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
wrbanalysis@gmail.com (24/7)
http://twitter.com/wrbtrader (24/7)

Attachment:
041216-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-PnL-Blotter-Profit+5312.50.png
041216-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-PnL-Blotter-Profit+5312.50.png [ 92.41 KiB | Viewed 369 times ]

click on the above image to view today's performance verification

Price Action Trade Performance for Today: Emini TF ($TF_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Emini ES ($ES_F) futures @ $5312.50 dollars or +106.25 points, Light Crude Oil CL ($CL_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Gold GC ($GC_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points and EuroFX 6E ($6E_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.0000 ticks. Total Profit @ $5312.50 dollars

Russell 2000 Emini TF Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ The ICE
S&P 500 Emini ES Futures: 1 tick or 0.25 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Light Crude Oil CL (WTI) Futures: 1 tick or 0.01 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Gold GC Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
EuroFX 6E Futures: 1 tick or 0.0001 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup

Trade Log: All of my trades were posted real-time in the timestamp ##TheStrategyLab free chat room. You can read today's price action trading information about my trades (e.g. time, price entry, contract size, price exit) as the trade traversed to its completion. Also, sometimes I'll post real-time trading tips in ##TheStrategyLab chat room involving WRBs, WRB Hidden GAPs, Key Market Events (KME), Tutorial Chapters 2 & 3, WRB Zones, Reaction Highs/Lows, Contracting Volatility or Expanding Volatility. Its all archived @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/ftchat/forum/viewtopic.php?f=155&t=2335

Quote:
All of my real-time posted trades involves price action concepts from the WRB Analysis free study guide, Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 4 - 12 and the Volatility Trading Report (VTR) trade signal strategies. Analysis -----> Trade Signals

Also, posted below are direct links to information about my price action trade methodology and trading plan (there's a difference between the two) that enables me to identify key trading areas in the price action that represent changes in supply/demand and volatility along with being able to exploit these changes via WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis). I'm primarily a day trader because it suits my personal lifestyle but I do occasionally swing trade and position trade. Simply, my trade method is applicable for position trading, swing trading and day trading.

Image ##TheStrategyLab Chat Room is free. Members and I use the chat room to post WRB Analysis commentary, real-time trades and to post anything else related to trading. The chat room helps me tremendously in my own trading because I use it to document (journal) general volatility analysis involving WRB Analysis so that I can easily review at a later date my thoughts as I interacted with the markets...info I can not get from my broker statements. Also, this is not a signal calling chat room where a head trader tells you when to buy or sell and I do not have the time/energy/resources to manage a signal calling chat room. Access instructions for chat room @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164

Image Price Action Analysis via Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/WRBAnalysisTutorials.htm and there's a free study guide of the WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1, 2 and 3 @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=718

Analysis -----> Trade Signals

Image Trade Signal Strategies via Volatility Trading Report (VTR) @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/VolatilityTrading.htm and there's a free trade signal strategy @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=89 so that you can freely test drive one of our price action trade strategies with support (answering your questions) prior to purchasing the Volatility Trading Report (VTR). All WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1 - 12 are included in the purchase of the Volatility Trading Report (VTR).

Image Daily Trading Plan Routine @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=289&t=3100 contains brief information about trading plan, market context, brokers, trading time frames, position size management and other discussions.

-----------------------------

Market Context Summaries

The below summaries by Bloomberg, Briefing, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance helps me to do a quick review of the fundamentals, FED/ECB/BOE/IMF actions or any important global economic events (e.g. Eurozone, MarketWatch.com) that had an impact on today's price action in many trading instruments I monitor during the trading day. Simply, I'm a strong believer that key market events causes key changes in supply/demand and volatility resulting in trade opportunities (swing points and strong continuation price actions) that reach profit targets. Thus, I pay attention to these key market events, intermarket analysis (e.g. Forex EurUsd, EuroFX 6E futures, Gold GC futures, Light Crude Oil (WTI) CL & Brent Oil futures, Eurex DAX futures, Euronext FTSE100 futures, Emini ES futures, Emini TF futures, Treasury ZB futures and U.S. Dollar Index futures) while using WRB Analysis from one trade to the next trade to give me the market context for price action trading before the appearance of my technical analysis trade signals. Therefore, I maintain these archives to allow me to understand what was happening on any given trading day in the past involving key market events to help better understand my trade decisions (day trading, swing trading, position trading)...something I can not get from my broker statements alone. Further, most financial websites remove (delete) their archives after a few years to make room for new content. Therefore, I maintain my own archives of the news content so that I have it available for me when financial websites no longer archives their content.

Attachment:
041216-Key-Price-Action-Markets.png
041216-Key-Price-Action-Markets.png [ 1.14 MiB | Viewed 288 times ]

click on the above image to view today's price action of key markets

1:35 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] The major averages remain near their recent levels with the S&P 500 trading higher by 0.4%.

All six cyclical sectors sport gains at this juncture while the four countercyclical groups sit in the red with losses between 0.1% and 0.3%. On the flip side, the top-weighted technology sector (+0.7%) trades ahead of the broader market.

The tech space has been underpinned by large cap names like Apple (AAPL 109.82, +1.16), Microsoft (MSFT 54.98, +0.56), and Alphabet (GOOGL 765.13, +5.66) while high-beta chipmakers have also had a good showing with the PHLX Semiconductor Index trading up 0.6%.

Thanks to today's advance, the tech sector has narrowed its April loss to 0.5%.

1:05 pm:

[BRIEFING.COM] The stock market trades on a modestly higher note at midday as the averages pare larger opening gains. Focal points of today's action have included positive developments out of Europe, a leg higher in crude oil, and key sector leadership from the heavily-weighted financial (+0.9%) and technology (+0.8%) sectors. At this juncture, the Dow Jones Industrial Average (+0.6%) trades ahead of the Nasdaq Composite (+0.5%) and the S&P 500 (+0.4%).

Futures jumped overnight as plans progressed on a proposed state bad-bank fund in Italy. The fund is designed to limit a possible contagion effect from bad loans made by Italian banks. The development helped lift futures as investors shrugged off a cooler than expected reading of China's March PMI.

As a result of the positive news out of Europe, the economically-sensitive financial sector (+0.9%) has been able to outperform throughout today's session. In the space, money center banks display relative strength as investors look ahead to key earnings results this week. On that note, JPMorgan Chase (JPM 58.67, +0.93), Bank of America (BAC 13.05, +0.17), and Citigroup (C 41.36., +0.89) are scheduled to report first quarter earnings on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, respectively.

Meanwhile, crude oil has extended its recent winning streak as it gains 1.4% ($40.29/bbl) ahead of this weekend's meeting between oil producers in Doha. The meeting is expected to result in a supply cap agreement among OPEC and non-OPEC members. Despite the uptick in oil, the energy space (+0.3%) has been unable to gain much traction today.

Six sectors currently trade in the green with materials (+1.0%), financials (+0.9%), consumer discretionary (+0.8%), and technology (+0.8%) leading the upside. Meanwhile, countercyclical telecom services (-0.3%), health care (-0.2%), consumer staples (-0.1%), and utilities (-0.1%) round out the leaderboard.

The Dow Jones Transportation Average (+0.5%) was able to recover from some early relative weakness as the major airlines were able to lift the index. The sub-group has outperformed after American Airlines (AAL 39.40, +0.90) announced record March traffic and reaffirmed its margin guidance for the quarter. Conversely, Norfolk Southern (NSC 79.84, -1.65) underperforms after Canadian Pacific (CP 13993, +5.14) ended its pursuit of the company.

In the health care space (-0.2%), biotechnology demonstrates relative weakness, evidenced by the 0.7% decline in iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 274.92, -2.43). The sub-group underperforms as Regeneron Pharmaceuticals (REGN 398.26, -6.68) continues to pullback from larger monthly gains.

The yield on the 10-yr note fell as equities pared their early gains. However, the benchmark yield only sank as far as its flat line. Currently, the yield on the 10-yr note is higher by one basis point at 1.73%.

The U.S. Dollar Index (93.94, -0.30) slipped in the early going, but has inched off its session low as the yen and the euro trim their gains. The dollar/yen pair trades lower by 0.1% at 107.97 while the euro has gained 0.1% against the dollar (1.1416).

There was no economic data released today.

12:25 pm:

[BRIEFING.COM] The stock market has ticked up in recent action as the Dow Jones Industrial Average (+0.4%) leads the S&P 500 (+0.3%).

All six cyclical sector trade in the green with gains between 0.3% (energy) and 0.9% (financials). Meanwhile, the four countercyclical sectors trade beneath their flat lines as health care (-0.3%) leads the downside.

In the health care space (-0.3%), generic pharmaceutical names like Allergan (AGN 228.82, -7.18) and Mylan Labs (MYL 45.62, -1.38) demonstrate relative weakness. Meanwhile, Regeneron Pharmaceuticals (REGN 399.42, -5.52) underperforms in the biotech sub-group. The stock spiked 12.4% after the company reported some positive phase-two studies on April 1, but has declined 1.4% since then. Additionally, the iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 275.34, -2.01) trades lower by 0.7% today, but has gained 5.8% month to date. This compares to a 1.9% gain in the broader sector over that time.

The U.S. Dollar Index (93.98, -0.26) has continued to move off its low as the yen and the euro trim their gains. The dollar/yen pair trades lower by 0.1% at 108.05 while the euro has gained 0.1% against the dollar (1.1410).

12:00 pm:

[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages hover near intraday lows as the Dow Jones Industrial Average (+0.2%) trades in-line with the S&P 500 (+0.2%) and the Nasdaq Composite (+0.2%).

Four sectors trade in the red as health care (-0.3%), telecom services (-0.3%), utilities (-0.2%), and consumer staples (-0.1%) trail industrials (+0.1%).

In the Dow Jones Transportation Average (UNCH), rail names demonstrate relative weakness as the sub-group pulls back after Canadian Pacific (CP 139.33, +4.54) dropped its recent effort to merge with Norfolk Southern (NSC 78.85, -2.63). Meanwhile, Avis Budget (CAR 22.90, -1.79) has dropped 7.3% as it trades lower in sympathy with Hertz Global (HTZ 8.80, -0.89) after Hertz lowered its guidance. Conversely, major airlines continue to outperform after American Airlines (AAL 39.16, +0.66) reported some positive traffic readings in March.

In the broader industrial sector (+0.1%), defense names Lockheed Martin (LMT 224.61, -1.69) and Raytheon (RTN 125.31, -1.12) show respective losses of 0.5% and 0.9% as they underperform the sub-group and sector.

On the commodities front, WTI crude trades higher by 1.7% at $40.39/bbl while gold has climbed 1.3% to $1,259.30/ozt.

11:30 am:

[BRIEFING.COM] The Nasdaq Composite (+0.4%) and the Dow Jones Industrial Average (+0.3%) trade ahead of the S&P 500 (+0.3%).

The energy (+0.3%) and industrial (+0.3%) sectors sport the slimmest gains while financials (+0.5%), technology, (+0.6%), and consumer discretionary (+0.7%) lead the pair.

The commodity-sensitive energy space (+0.3%) was up as much as 1.0% today before it started to pare early gains. However, WTI crude remains up 2.1% ($40.55/bbl) on the day. In the energy equipment sub-group, National Oilwell Varco (NOV 57.50, -1.61) has declined 5.6% after announcing an 89.0% cut to its quarterly dividend. Additionally, the company issued below-consensus first quarter earnings guidance. Separately, Valero Energy (VLO 61.34, -1.72) has declined 2.7% after receiving a downgrade at Credit Suisse from "Outperform" to "Neutral." The broader sector has gained 1.1% thus far in April, compared to a 5.9% gain in crude oil.

The U.S. Dollar Index (93.86, -0.37) hovers in the neighborhood of its session low as the yen and the euro gain against the greenback. The euro has climbed 0.2% against the dollar to trade at 1.1428 while the dollar/yen pair has slipped 0.1% to 107.97. The dollar has lost 4.1% against the yen so far in April.

11:00 am:

[BRIEFING.COM] The stock market has slid from its opening high as the S&P 500 (+0.3%) trades 10 points below its best level of the day.

Six sectors trade in the green with materials (+0.7%), consumer discretionary (+0.7%), and technology (+0.6%) keeping pace with one another in front of the pack. On the flipside, countercyclical health care (-0.4%) and telecom services (-0.1%) sport the largest losses.

In the economically-sensitive financial sector (+0.5%), money center banks outperform as they trade higher in sympathy with European banks. The uptick follows optimistic headlines regarding today's discussions between Italian government officials and bank executives concerning the creation of a non-performing loan fund. Domestically, JPMorgan Chase (JPM 58.10, +0.36), Bank of America (BAC 12.96, +0.18), and Citigroup (C 41.11, +0.64) trade higher ahead of their respective earning results on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. Separately, Charles Schwab (SCHW 27.09, +0.48) has gained 1.9% after Barron's offered some positive commentary on the name over the weekend.

The Treasury complex has ticked off its session low with the yield on the 10-yr note now unchanged at 1.72%.

10:35 am: [BRIEFING.COM]

The dollar index falls just below 93.80 level, giving commodities a boost to begin the week
Commodities, as measured by the Bloomberg Commodity Index, are up +0.3% at 79.27
Crude oil consolidates higher before spiking above $40/barrel, trading near its intra-day high as pit trading commences
May crude oil futures are up $0.70 (+1.8%) at $40.41/barrel
The Doha meeting between OPEC and non-OPEC members is scheduled to take place on April 17, 2016 and is widely regarded as a catalyst to move oil prices
Natural gas consolidates lower, extending Friday's decline in morning pit trading
May natural gas futures are down $0.07 (-3.4%) $1.92/MMBtu
In precious metals, gold initially fell before spiking to new intra-day highs in morning pit trading
June gold futures are up $13.10 at (+1.1%) $1256.90/oz
Silver initially consolidated around the $15.74/oz level at the open of pit trading before hitting new highs of the day, trading around $15.81/oz
May silver futures are currently up $0.43 (+2.8%) at $15.81/oz
Base metal copper rallies modestly higher in morning pit trading
May copper futures are currently up $0.01 (+0.4%) at $2.09/lb

10:00 am:

[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages float near session highs as the Nasdaq Composite (+0.5%) and the S&P 500 (+0.5%) trade neck-and-neck.

On the top of the leaderboard, materials (+1.0%) leads financials (+0.9%), consumer discretionary (+0.8%), and energy (+0.8%). On the flipside, health care (-0.1%) and consumer staples (+0.1%) round out the board.

In the health care space, biotechnology underperforms, evidenced by the 0.3% decline in the iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 276.40, -0.94).

The U.S. Dollar Index (93.80, -0.44) tumbled to a fresh low in recent action as the greenback loses ground to the euro. The euro/dollar pair has gained 0.3% and trades at 1.1441. Meanwhile, the dollar/yen pair has slipped from the 108.42 level and currently trades flat at 108.09.

Separately, WTI crude continues to extend its gain as it trades higher by 2.5% at $40.70/bbl. This represents a 6.3% gain in the energy component since the beginning of April.

9:45 am:

[BRIEFING.COM] As expected, the stock market began its day on a higher note as the Dow Jones Industrial Average (+0.6%) outpaces the gain in the S&P 500 (+0.5%) and the Nasdaq Composite (+0.4%).

Nine sectors trade in the green with materials (+0.9%) and energy (+0.8%) leading the upside. Meanwhile, countercyclical health care (-0.2%) is the lone decliner. The remaining gainers show upticks between 0.3% (consumer staples) and 0.7% (financials).

Airlines demonstrate relative strength after American Airlines (AAL 39.30, +0.80) announced record March traffic and reaffirmed its margin. As a result, Delta Airlines (DAL 47.24, +0.95) and United Continental (UAL 54.38, +1.30) have gained a respective 2.1% and 2.4% as they trade higher in sympathy with the name.

On the commodities front, WTI crude trades higher by 1.6% ($40.33/bbl) while gold has gained 0.7% ($1,252.30/ozt).

9:17 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +9.00. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +23.00.

The stock market is on track for a higher start as the S&P 500 futures trade nine points above fair value.

Overnight, China reported March CPI data (+2.3% year-over-year; consensus +2.5%), which came in slightly below analysts' expectations. However, the Shanghai Composite jumped 1.6% as investors focused on the possible stimulus implications of the reading. Meanwhile, European bourses have outpaced the gains elsewhere as regional indices trade higher on developments in the Italian banking sector. The group has climbed this morning following headlines that government officials are meeting with bank executives and the Bank of Italy to discuss the implementation of a fund to ease troubled loans and thereby improve balance sheets of Italian banks. Here at home, participants are gearing up for the official start to earnings season. On that note, Alcoa (AA 9.51, +0.14) is scheduled to start things off after today's close.

In corporate news, Norfolk Southern (NSC 80.75, -0.74) has slipped 0.9% after Canadian Pacific (CP 134.79, +0.00) terminated its pursuit of Norfolk Southern. Last week, the Justice Department asked the U.S. Surface Transportation Board to deny early approval of a voting rights structure that Canadian Pacific put forward. Separately, Chesapeake Energy (CHK 4.05, +0.29) trades higher by 7.7% after having its borrowing base reaffirmed at $4.0 billion in exchange for increased collateral.

On the commodities front, WTI crude trades higher by 0.7% ($40.01/bbl) while gold has gained 0.7% ($1,252.50/ozt).

8:56 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +9.80. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +24.10.

The S&P 500 futures trade 10 points above fair value.

Equity markets across the Asia-Pacific region ended Monday on a mostly higher note while Japan's Nikkei (-0.4%) underperformed. Elsewhere, China's March CPI (-0.4%; expected -0.3%) came in cooler than expected and the World Bank affirmed the 6.7% GDP forecast for the country. However, World Bank lowered its 2016 GDP forecast for developing East Asia Pacific to 6.3% from 6.4%.

In economic data:
China's March CPI -0.4% month-over-month (expected -0.3%; last 1.6%); +2.3% year-over-year (consensus 2.5%; last 2.3%). March PPI -4.3% year-over-year (consensus -4.6%; last -4.9%)
Japan's February Core Machinery Orders -9.2% month-over-month (expected -12.4%; last 15.0%); -0.7% year-over-year (consensus -2.7%; previous 8.4%)
Australia's February Home Loans +1.5% month-over-month (expected 2.0%; last -4.4%)
New Zealand's March Electronic Card Retail Sales 0.1% month-over-month (consensus 0.3%; last 0.7%); +6.2% year-over-year (last 9.3%)

---Equity Markets---

Japan's Nikkei lost 0.4% amid weakness in nine sectors. Health care (-1.0%) and financials (-1.0%) paced the retreat while the materials sector (+0.3%) was the lone advancer. Olympus, Toyota Motor, Shiseido, Suzuki Motor, Honda Motor, Mazda Motor, and Sumitomo Mitsui Financial lost between 2.0% and 3.9%. On the upside, Pioneer, Sony, Toshiba, and Nippon Paper Industries posted gains between 2.4% and 8.0%.
Hong Kong's Hang Seng added 0.4% with energy-related names showing strength. China Shenhua Energy, CNOOC, and China Petroleum & Chemical gained between 1.4% and 3.6%. Conversely, Bank of East Asia lost 2.3% and Galaxy Entertainment fell 0.9%.
China's Shanghai Composite climbed 1.6% with Inner Mongolia BaoTou Steel, Sinopec Shanghai Petrochemical, Pacific Securities, and Industrial Securities rallying between 0.9% and 3.7%.

Major European indices trade mostly higher with Italy's MIB (+1.7%) in the lead as bank executives meet with government officials to create a framework for a fund that will be made up of non-performing loans. Elsewhere, German Finance Minister Wolfgang Schaeuble said that major central banks like the Federal Reserve, European Central Bank, and Bank of England should slowly begin exiting easy money policies.

In economic data:
Italy's February Industrial Production -0.6% month-over-month (expected -0.7%; last 1.7%); +1.2% year-over-year (consensus 1.6%; last 3.8%)

---Equity Markets---

UK's FTSE trades flat with select miners and financials showing strength. Anglo American, Glencore, Rio Tinto, and Fresnillo are up between 1.6% and 4.6% while Barclays, RBS, Standard Chartered, and HSBC hold gains between 0.9% and 2.1%. On the downside, homebuilders Barratt Developments, Persimmon, and Taylor Wimpey are down between 1.7% and 2.0%.
France's CAC is higher by 0.6% with ArcelorMittal rising 3.0% while financials BNP Paribas, Credit Agricole, and Societe Generale have gained between 1.6% and 2.1%. Airbus is the weakest index component, down 1.1%.
Germany's DAX has climbed 1.0% with all but two components in the green. Commerzbank leads with a 4.2% gain while exporters Volkswagen, Daimler, and BMW show gains between 0.9% and 2.3%. On the flip side, Deutsche Boerse is down 1.0% and Adidas trades down 0.2%.
Italy's MIB has spiked 1.7% with financials like BMPS, Banco Popolare, UBI Banca, Banca di Milano Scarl, Unicredit, and Intesa Sanpaolo up between 3.8% and 9.0%.

8:30 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +7.30. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +17.60.

The S&P 500 futures trade seven points above fair value.

In company specific news, Hatteras Financial (HTS 15.47, +1.21) has gained 8.5% after Annaly Capital Management (NLY 10.15, -0.26) agreed to purchase the company for $15.85 per share in a cash and stock transaction. Separately, Alphabet (GOOGL 764.06, +4.59) trades higher by 0.6% after being upgraded to "Buy" at Pivotal Research Group and having its price target raised to $970.

The U.S. Dollar Index (94.08, -0.15) has slipped back towards its overnight low as the greenback trims its gains against the euro and the yen. The dollar/yen pair trades higher by 0.1% at 108.18 while the euro trades flat against the dollar (1.1406).

On the commodities front, WTI crude trades lower by 0.2% ($39.66/bbl) while gold has moved up 0.8% to $1,253.60/ozt.

8:05 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +8.30. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +19.80.

U.S. equity futures hover near overnight highs as the S&P 500 futures trade eight points above fair value. Futures lifted overnight as they followed European bourses higher. European indices ticked up as Italian banks rallied on news of a meeting between Italian government officials and Bank of Italy executives to discuss the implementation of a fund to free lenders of non-performing loans. On the domestic front, investors look forward to the kick off of earnings season with Alcoa (AA 9.45, +0.08) reporting after today's closing bell. Elsewhere, WTI crude trades lower by 0.8% ($39.39/bbl) after Friday's 6.7% gain in the energy component.

The Treasury complex trades lower with the yield on the 10-yr note higher by two basis points at 1.74%.

There is no economic data of note scheduled for release today.

In U.S. corporate news of note:

Yahoo! (YHOO 36.50, +0.43): +1.2% after Daily Mail and General Trust confirmed that it is in talks to potentially bid on the web portal
Hertz Global (HTZ 9.25, -0.45): -4.6% following the company lowering Q1 and FY16 revenue per available car day
Norfolk Southern (NSC 80.01, -1.48):-1.8% after Canadian Pacific (CP 134.79, +0.00) terminated efforts to merge with the company

Reviewing overnight developments:

Asian-Pacific markets ended their session mostly higher with China's Shanghai Composite +1.6%, Hong Kong's Hang Seng +0.4%, and Japan's Nikkei -0.4%.
In economic data:
China's March CPI -0.4% month-over-month (expected -0.3%; last 1.6%); +2.3% year-over-year (consensus 2.5%; last 2.3%). March PPI -4.3% year-over-year (consensus -4.6%; last -4.9%)
Japan's February Core Machinery Orders -9.2% month-over-month (expected -12.4%; last 15.0%); -0.7% year-over-year (consensus -2.7%; previous 8.4%)
Australia's February Home Loans +1.5% month-over-month (expected 2.0%; last -4.4%)
New Zealand's March Electronic Card Retail Sales 0.1% month-over-month (consensus 0.3%; last 0.7%); +6.2% year-over-year (last 9.3%)
In news:
China's March CPI (-0.4%; expected -0.3%) came in cooler than expected and the World Bank affirmed the 6.7% GDP forecast for the country.
However, the World Bank lowered its 2016 GDP forecast for developing East Asia Pacific to 6.3% from 6.4%.

European indices trade higher with Germany's DAX +1.1%, France's CAC +0.6%, and the U.K.'s FTSE +0.1%. Elsewhere, Italy's MIB has gained 1.8%.
In economic data:
Italy's February Industrial Production -0.6% month-over-month (expected -0.7%; last 1.7%); +1.2% year-over-year (consensus 1.6%; last 3.8%)
In news:
In Italy bank executives meet with government officials to create a framework for a fund that will be made up of non-performing loans.
German Finance Minister Wolfgang Schaeuble said that major central banks like the Federal Reserve, European Central Bank, and Bank of England should slowly begin exiting easy money policies.

5:57 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +6.80. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +19.10.

5:57 am: [BRIEFING.COM] Nikkei...15751...-70.40...-0.40%. Hang Seng...20441...+70.40...+0.40%.

5:57 am: [BRIEFING.COM] FTSE...6202.04...-2.40...0.00%. DAX...9705.75...+83.50...+0.90%.

Special thanks to Bloomberg, Briefing, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance for their market summaries. gm

Best Regards,
M.A. Perry
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
Image@ http://twitter.com/wrbtrader Image@ http://stocktwits.com/wrbtrader

http://www.thestrategylab.com
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
Skype Messenger: kebec2002
wrbanalysis@gmail.com