TheStrategyLab.com Price Action Trading Support Forum

Forum for price action traders that want to learn WRB Analysis basic tutorial chapters 1, 2 and 3 prior to purchasing our advance trade methods. Hashtags: #wrbanalysis #wrbzone #wrbhiddengap #priceaction #trading
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: February 4th Thursday Trade Results - Profit $9312.50
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:15 pm 
Site Admin

Trade Results of M.A. Perry
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
Price Action Trading (no technical indicators)
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
Free Chat Room: http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164
Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
wrbanalysis@gmail.com (24/7)
http://twitter.com/wrbtrader (24/7)

Attachment:
020416-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-PnL-Blotter-Profit+9312.50.png
020416-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-PnL-Blotter-Profit+9312.50.png [ 95.2 KiB | Viewed 282 times ]

click on the above image to view today's performance verification

Price Action Trade Performance for Today: Emini TF ($TF_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Emini ES ($ES_F) futures @ $9312.50 dollars or +186.25 points, Light Crude Oil CL ($CL_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Gold GC ($GC_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points and EuroFX 6E ($6E_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.0000 ticks. Total Profit @ $9312.50 dollars

Russell 2000 Emini TF Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ The ICE
S&P 500 Emini ES Futures: 1 tick or 0.25 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Light Crude Oil CL (WTI) Futures: 1 tick or 0.01 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Gold GC Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
EuroFX 6E Futures: 1 tick or 0.0001 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup

Trade Log: All of my trades were posted real-time in the timestamp ##TheStrategyLab free chat room. You can read today's price action trading information about my trades (e.g. time, price entry, contract size, price exit) as the trade traversed to its completion. Also, sometimes I'll post real-time trading tips in ##TheStrategyLab chat room involving WRBs, WRB Hidden GAPs, Key Market Events (KME), Tutorial Chapters 2 & 3, WRB Zones, Reaction Highs/Lows, Contracting Volatility or Expanding Volatility. Its all archived @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/ftchat/forum/viewtopic.php?f=153&t=2283

Quote:
All of my real-time posted trades involves price action concepts from the WRB Analysis free study guide, Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 4 - 12 and the Volatility Trading Report (VTR) trade signal strategies. Analysis -----> Trade Signals

Also, posted below are direct links to information about my price action trade methodology and trading plan (there's a difference between the two) that enables me to identify key trading areas in the price action that represent changes in supply/demand and volatility along with being able to exploit these changes via WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis). I'm primarily a day trader because it suits my personal lifestyle but I do occasionally swing trade and position trade. Simply, my trade method is applicable for position trading, swing trading and day trading.

Image ##TheStrategyLab Chat Room is free. Members and I use the chat room to post WRB Analysis commentary, real-time trades and to post anything else related to trading. The chat room helps me tremendously in my own trading because I use it to document (journal) general volatility analysis involving WRB Analysis so that I can easily review at a later date my thoughts as I interacted with the markets...info I can not get from my broker statements. Also, this is not a signal calling chat room where a head trader tells you when to buy or sell and I do not have the time/energy/resources to manage a signal calling chat room. Access instructions for chat room @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164

Image Price Action Analysis via Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/WRBAnalysisTutorials.htm and there's a free study guide of the WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1, 2 and 3 @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=718

Analysis -----> Trade Signals

Image Trade Signal Strategies via Volatility Trading Report (VTR) @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/VolatilityTrading.htm and there's a free trade signal strategy @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=89 so that you can freely test drive one of our price action trade strategies with support (answering your questions) prior to purchasing the Volatility Trading Report (VTR). All WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1 - 12 are included in the purchase of the Volatility Trading Report (VTR).

Image Daily Trading Plan Routine @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=285&t=3049 contains brief information about trading plan, market context, brokers, trading time frames, position size management and other discussions.

-----------------------------

Market Context Summaries

The below summaries by Bloomberg, Briefing, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance helps me to do a quick review of the fundamentals, FED/ECB/BOE/IMF actions or any important global economic events (e.g. Eurozone, MarketWatch.com) that had an impact on today's price action in many trading instruments I monitor during the trading day. Simply, I'm a strong believer that key market events causes key changes in supply/demand and volatility resulting in trade opportunities (swing points and strong continuation price actions) that reach profit targets. Thus, I pay attention to these key market events, intermarket analysis (e.g. Forex EurUsd, EuroFX 6E futures, Gold GC futures, Light Crude Oil (WTI) CL & Brent Oil futures, Eurex DAX futures, Euronext FTSE100 futures, Emini ES futures, Emini TF futures, Treasury ZB futures and U.S. Dollar Index futures) while using WRB Analysis from one trade to the next trade to give me the market context for price action trading before the appearance of my technical analysis trade signals. Therefore, I maintain these archives to allow me to understand what was happening on any given trading day in the past involving key market events to help better understand my trade decisions (day trading, swing trading, position trading)...something I can not get from my broker statements alone. Further, most financial websites remove (delete) their archives after a few years to make room for new content. Therefore, I maintain my own archives of the news content so that I have it available for me when financial websites no longer archives their content.

Attachment:
020416-Key-Price-Action-Markets.png
020416-Key-Price-Action-Markets.png [ 1.17 MiB | Viewed 277 times ]

click on the above image to view today's price action of key markets

U.S. Shares Climb as Weak Dollar Boosts Metals; Oil Resumes Drop

Greenback extends slide as Fed policy tightening outlook dims
Crude falls back below $32 a barrel as glut angst reemerges

Commodity producers drove gains in U.S. stocks, with the weaker dollar boosting gold to copper amid speculation global growth won’t be strong enough to warrant further interest-rate increases from the Federal Reserve. Oil fell back below $32 a barrel.

Mining and industrial shares led a second day of gains in the Standard & Poor’s 500 Index, while disappointing retailer earnings dragged consumer shares lower. Emerging-market equities rallied almost 3 percent. Industrial metals jumped with gold and platinum as the Bloomberg Dollar Spot Index capped its steepest two-day slump since March. The pound retreated after Ian McCafferty, the Bank of England’s only dissenter on monetary policy over the past six months, dropped his call for rate hikes. Oil fell for the third day this week.

The dollar’s retreat was sparked by patchy economic data that has ignited concern over the vulnerability of the American economy to unsteadiness abroad. The fixed-income market is leaning toward the prospect there will be zero rate hikes by the Fed this year, amid speculation central banks from Asia to Europe will act to quell the turmoil that’s roiled markets in 2016. The weaker dollar makes commodities cheaper, and therefore more appealing, in other currencies, while the expectation U.S. rates will be left as is bolsters precious metals, given they don’t deliver returns other than via price gains.

“The lower the dollar, the better it is for commodities, so we are seeing a little bounce back,” Andrew Brenner, head of international fixed income at National Alliance Capital Markets in New York said by phone. “The number of Fed rate raises has continued to be reduced by the marketplace, probably a little bit too much. But yes, the Fed will cut back, we will not do four interest-rate raises this year.”

Stocks

After swinging between gains and losses for most of the session, the S&P 500 ended up 0.2 percent at 1,915.45 as of 4 p.m. in New York. The gauge advanced for the first time this month on Wednesday, erasing a drop of more than 1 percent as oil rallied. Still, the S&P 500 is down more than 6 percent in 2016.

Raw material producers advanced 2.8 percent to their highest level in almost a month as Freeport McMoRan Inc. surged with copper. Energy producers closed little changed in the U.S. after gaining earlier in the day. Shares in consumer-discretionary stocks fell as Kohl’s Corp. sank 19 percent after slow sales squeezed profits. Ralph Lauren Corp. plunged after the company cut its annual forecast.

LinkedIn Corp. tumbled more than 20 percent in extended trading after the online networking company forecast weaker-than-estimated profit for the first quarter. the current earnings season has been a mixed one in the U.S., with 78 percent of companies that have reported thus far posting above-estimate profit, while only 46 percent recorded sales that were better than analysts expected.

Economic data Thursday reinforced a mixed picture on the U.S. economy. Initial jobless claims last week rose more than expected, Labor Department data showed, while factory orders declined at a faster pace in December than the previous month. Weaker-than-expected data on the American services industry spurred the dollar’s initial selloff on Wednesday.

“The question is what can we hang our hat on right now? It’s not earnings, it’s not what central banks are able to do, and it’s certainly not what we’re seeing with economic data,” Yousef Abbasi, global market strategist at JonesTrading Institutional Services LLC in New York, said by phone. “Central banks continue to take their targets down on growth and inflation and part of today’s frustration came with the whippiness of crude.”

The Stoxx Europe 600 Index fell 0.2 percent after rising as much as 1.1 percent earlier in the session. Daimler AG led automakers to among the biggest declines out of the 19 industry groups. Gauges of energy shares and commodity producers jumped more than 3.3 percent, for the best performances.

Credit Suisse Group AG slumped 11 percent to its lowest price since August 1992 after posting a quarterly loss as it wrote off goodwill and set aside provisions for litigation, while its two investment-banking divisions slumped.

Emerging Markets

The MSCI Emerging Markets Index rose 2.5 percent, with about five stocks advancing for each that declined. Mining companies and energy producers led gains among 10 industry groups, climbing more than 4.7 percent.

Russia’s Micex Index jumped 2.4 percent, the most in a week, and shares in Dubai rallied 2.8 percent following oil’s 8 percent rebound on Wednesday. Equity benchmarks in South Korea, Malaysia, the Philippines and South Africa rose at least 0.8 percent.

Emerging-market currencies capped a two-day advance. Malaysia’s ringgit and the South Korean won strengthened at least 1.4 percent against the dollar, while Turkey’s lira erased this year’s losses.

Currencies

Bloomberg’s dollar index, a gauge of the greenback against 10 major peers, retreated 0.6 percent after sliding as much as 1.9 percent last session.

The greenback fell against all of its 16 major peers Thursday, except for Mexico’s peso and the pound. The British currency was weighed down by the Bank of England ’s unanimous vote to keep rates unchanged. Officials signaled borrowing costs will stay low as they cut their growth and inflation forecasts.

The dollar slipped 1 percent to 116.73 yen, after erasing all its gains since the Bank of Japan’s surprise move into negative interest rates on Jan. 29. The greenback weakened 1 percent to $1.1214 per euro, and has fallen every day this week.

Commodities

The Bloomberg Commodity Index, which measures returns on raw materials, fell 0.2 percent after earlier rallying as much as 1.2 percent. The gauge advanced 1.9 percent last session.

Oil sank after rallying earlier in the day. West Texas Intermediate fell 1.7 percent to settle $31.72 a barrel in New York, after jumping as much as 4.1 percent. Some OPEC member states and non-members have been talking about an extraordinary meeting on production.

Statoil ASA, Norway’s biggest oil company, deepened investment cuts and offered to pay dividends in stock. Royal Dutch Shell Plc said it depleted its oil and gas reserves much faster than it replenished them with new resources in 2015, its worst performance since 12 years ago.

Industrial metals benefited from a drop in the U.S. currency that makes dollar-denominated commodities cheaper for investors. Aluminum for delivery in three months climbed to its highest level this year on the LME, and lead advanced for the eighth day in a row, its longest rally since June 2014.

Spot gold climbed for a fifth day, the longest run of gains in five months, as expectations of continued low U.S. interest rates seeped through the market.

Bonds

Yields on 10-year Treasury notes slipped four basis points, or 0.04 percentage point, to 1.85 percent. Rates dropped to 1.79 percent Wednesday, their lowest level since February 2015.

Goldman Sachs Group Inc. and Pacific Investment Management Co. say bonds are poised to fall and traders aren’t prepared for how far the Fed will tighten policy.

Spanish and Italian government bonds led declines across the euro region as investors questioned the level of additional stimulus they can expect from the European Central Bank. Yields on Japanese bonds due in a decade fell a basis point to 0.057 percent.

Special thanks to Bloomberg, Briefing, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance for their market summaries. gm

Best Regards,
M.A. Perry
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
Image@ http://twitter.com/wrbtrader Image@ http://stocktwits.com/wrbtrader

http://www.thestrategylab.com
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
Skype Messenger: kebec2002
wrbanalysis@gmail.com