TheStrategyLab.com Price Action Trading Support Forum

Forum for price action traders that want to learn WRB Analysis basic tutorial chapters 1, 2 and 3 prior to purchasing our advance trade methods. Hashtags: #wrbanalysis #wrbzone #wrbhiddengap #priceaction #trading
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: January 25th Monday Trade Results - Profit $2250.00
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:31 am 
Site Admin

Trade Results of M.A. Perry
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
Price Action Trading (no technical indicators)
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
Free Chat Room: http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164
Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
wrbanalysis@gmail.com (24/7)
http://twitter.com/wrbtrader (24/7)

Attachment:
012516-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-PnL-Blotter-Profit+2250.00.png
012516-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-PnL-Blotter-Profit+2250.00.png [ 94.74 KiB | Viewed 285 times ]

click on the above image to view today's performance verification

Price Action Trade Performance for Today: Emini TF ($TF_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Emini ES ($ES_F) futures @ $2250.00 dollars or +45.00 points, Light Crude Oil CL ($CL_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Gold GC ($GC_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points and EuroFX 6E ($6E_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.0000 ticks. Total Profit @ $2250.00 dollars

Russell 2000 Emini TF Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ The ICE
S&P 500 Emini ES Futures: 1 tick or 0.25 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Light Crude Oil CL (WTI) Futures: 1 tick or 0.01 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Gold GC Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
EuroFX 6E Futures: 1 tick or 0.0001 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup

Trade Log: All of my trades were posted real-time in the timestamp ##TheStrategyLab free chat room. You can read today's price action trading information about my trades (e.g. time, price entry, contract size, price exit) as the trade traversed to its completion. Also, sometimes I'll post real-time trading tips in ##TheStrategyLab chat room involving WRBs, WRB Hidden GAPs, Key Market Events (KME), Tutorial Chapters 2 & 3, WRB Zones, Reaction Highs/Lows, Contracting Volatility or Expanding Volatility. Its all archived @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/ftchat/forum/viewtopic.php?f=152&t=2273

Quote:
All of my real-time posted trades involves price action concepts from the WRB Analysis free study guide, Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 4 - 12 and the Volatility Trading Report (VTR) trade signal strategies. Analysis -----> Trade Signals

Also, posted below are direct links to information about my price action trade methodology and trading plan (there's a difference between the two) that enables me to identify key trading areas in the price action that represent changes in supply/demand and volatility along with being able to exploit these changes via WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis). I'm primarily a day trader because it suits my personal lifestyle but I do occasionally swing trade and position trade. Simply, my trade method is applicable for position trading, swing trading and day trading.

Image ##TheStrategyLab Chat Room is free. Members and I use the chat room to post WRB Analysis commentary, real-time trades and to post anything else related to trading. The chat room helps me tremendously in my own trading because I use it to document (journal) general volatility analysis involving WRB Analysis so that I can easily review at a later date my thoughts as I interacted with the markets...info I can not get from my broker statements. Also, this is not a signal calling chat room where a head trader tells you when to buy or sell and I do not have the time/energy/resources to manage a signal calling chat room. Access instructions for chat room @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164

Image Price Action Analysis via Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/WRBAnalysisTutorials.htm and there's a free study guide of the WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1, 2 and 3 @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=718

Analysis -----> Trade Signals

Image Trade Signal Strategies via Volatility Trading Report (VTR) @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/VolatilityTrading.htm and there's a free trade signal strategy @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=89 so that you can freely test drive one of our price action trade strategies with support (answering your questions) prior to purchasing the Volatility Trading Report (VTR). All WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1 - 12 are included in the purchase of the Volatility Trading Report (VTR).

Image Daily Trading Plan Routine @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=282&t=3016 contains brief information about trading plan, market context, brokers, trading time frames, position size management and other discussions.

-----------------------------

Market Context Summaries

The below summaries by Bloomberg, Briefing, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance helps me to do a quick review of the fundamentals, FED/ECB/BOE/IMF actions or any important global economic events (e.g. Eurozone, MarketWatch.com) that had an impact on today's price action in many trading instruments I monitor during the trading day. Simply, I'm a strong believer that key market events causes key changes in supply/demand and volatility resulting in trade opportunities (swing points and strong continuation price actions) that reach profit targets. Thus, I pay attention to these key market events, intermarket analysis (e.g. Forex EurUsd, EuroFX 6E futures, Gold GC futures, Light Crude Oil (WTI) CL & Brent Oil futures, Eurex DAX futures, Euronext FTSE100 futures, Emini ES futures, Emini TF futures, Treasury ZB futures and U.S. Dollar Index futures) while using WRB Analysis from one trade to the next trade to give me the market context for price action trading before the appearance of my technical analysis trade signals. Therefore, I maintain these archives to allow me to understand what was happening on any given trading day in the past involving key market events to help better understand my trade decisions (day trading, swing trading, position trading)...something I can not get from my broker statements alone. Further, most financial websites remove (delete) their archives after a few years to make room for new content. Therefore, I maintain my own archives of the news content so that I have it available for me when financial websites no longer archives their content.

Attachment:
012516-Key-Price-Action-Markets.png
012516-Key-Price-Action-Markets.png [ 1.19 MiB | Viewed 304 times ]

click on the above image to view today's price action of key markets

4:20 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] The stock market ended its first session of the week under heavy selling pressure, pinned down by declining oil prices, added selling pressure in the financial sector, a decidedly poor showing from the small-cap stocks and a violation of a technical support level at 1890 for the S&P 500.

The biggest loser of the day was the Russell 2000 (-2.3%). It was followed by the Nasdaq Composite (-1.6%), the S&P 500 (-1.6%), and the Dow Jones Industrial Average (-1.3%).

There was weakness from the start of today's trading and not a whole lot of buying interest in general throughout the session. The lack of buying interest stemmed in part from an understanding that the week ahead contains a number of potentially important market-moving catalysts:

Earnings results from the likes of Apple (AAPL 99.41, -2.01), Amazon.com (AMZN 596.53), Boeing (BA 124.04, -0.60), and Ford (F 11.98, -0.16) to name a few luminaries
The Federal Open Market Committee meeting on Wednesday
The Bank of Japan meeting on Thursday; and
The advance estimate for fourth quarter GDP, which the Atlanta Fed's GDPNow model forecast is for just 0.7% real growth

The weakness in oil prices began overnight as supply concerns once again took root. Selling pressure intensified late in the day as the commodity settled its pit session down 5.8% at $30.34 per barrel. Selling pressure in the stock market picked up with the drop to session lows for oil and persisted into the close as extended trading action took oil prices even lower.

The energy sector (-4.5%) was the worst-performing sector today and was followed by the materials (-3.3%) and financials (-2.3%) sectors. The telecom services (-0.3%), consumer staples (-0.8%), and utilities (-0.9%) sectors exhibited relative strength but still finished lower for the day.

The technology sector (-1.4%) reversed sharply intraday as large-cap constituents Alphabet (GOOGL 733.62, -11.84), Facebook (FB 97.01, -0.93), and Apple went on the defensive. The three companies declined between 1.0% and 2.0%. Alphabet is set to report earnings after the bell next Monday while Facebook reports after the close on Wednesday, and Apple reports after Tuesday's close.

The consumer discretionary space (-1.2%) was also under pressure, yet gains in Amazon.com and McDonald's (MCD 119.20, +0.80) helped keep losses in check. McDonald's was a top-performing Dow component after the company impressed investors with its latest earnings report and a reassuring-sounding outlook.

The Dow Jones Transportation Average (-1.9%) for its part had a tough day courtesy of weakness in many of its components, but primarily the railroads: Kansas City Southern (KSU 65.20, -2.21), CSX (CSX 21.97, -1.20), and Union Pacific (UNP 68.79, -1.20).

The weakness in the transports pressured the industrials sector (-1.3%), which also had to deal with a Goldman Sachs downgrade of Caterpillar (CAT 57.91, -0.50) to "Sell" from "Neutral." in other developments, Johnson Controls (JCI 34.21, -1.39) and Tyco (TYC 34.15, +3.56) announced a merger, although that news didn't do anything to help turn the tide of selling interest in the broader market.

The lightly-weighted telecom services outperformed the broader market thanks to a strong showing from Verizon (VZ 47.03, -0.01).

Treasuries ticked higher throughout today's session as equities declined. The benchmark note ended its day on its high with the yield on the 10-yr note lower by four basis points at 2.01%.

Today's participation was lighter than the recent trend with only one billion shares changing hands on the NYSE floor.

There were no major U.S. economic releases today, although there were some focal points of weakness that included a disappointing trade balance report out of Japan, which featured an 8.0% year-over-year decline in exports, and a poor reading from the Dallas Fed Manufacturing Survey.

Tomorrow's economic data includes November's Case-Schiller 20-city Index (Briefing.com consensus 5.8%), the FHFA Housing Price Index for November, and January's Consumer Confidence report.

3:40 pm: [BRIEFING.COM]

Oil prices lost steam today following the notable run seen late last week
In floor trading today, Mar crude oil finished down 5.3% lower at $30.34/barrel
In electronic trade, Mar crude extended losses, falling just below $30/barrel minutes ago
In other energy, Mar natural gas gained one cent to end at $2.15/MMBtu Precious metals held some gains, largely driven by weakness in the dollar index
Feb gold rose $8.40 today to end at $1104.50/oz.

Mar silver finished +1.1% at $14.24/oz
Copper slipped one cent to $1.99/lb

3:05 pm:

[BRIEFING.COM] The S&P 500 was back retesting its lows for the day in the 1890 area, but it appears that buyers are looking to defend that level once again as the benchmark index is trying to work its way higher.

The return to the lows has coincided with oil prices falling to their worst levels of the day. Crude settled the session down 5.8% at $30.34/bbl. Energy (-3.4%) has continued to tack onto its losses in response.

The Russell 2000 (-1.8%) for its part is leading all averages to the downside. It has underperformed by a noticeable margin, which has been the case since the start of the year. So far in 2016 the index has declined 11.7% and is in bear market territory.

Treasuries have been able to maintain their gain as the yield on the benchmark is lower by three basis points at 2.02%.

2:30 pm:

[BRIEFING.COM] The recent downturn has seen the S&P 500 re-test its first level support at 1892/1890 and its session low. The benchmark index (-0.8%) has bounced off that support again but remains behind the Nasdaq (-0.7%).

The commodity-sensitive energy (-3.1%) and materials (-2.3%) sectors are the worst performing sectors while telecom services (+0.5%), health care (-0.4%), and consumer discretionary (-0.4%) outperform.

The Dow Jones Transportation Average (-1.1%) continues to show relative weakness with the composite down more than 10.7% in the month of January. The group has been hurt by a slide in rail companies, which face poor earnings estimates in the face of falling commodities. Kansas City Southern (KSU 65.56, -1.85) is dealing with some pullback from Friday's post earnings rally, evidenced by a 2.7% decline. The company may also be responding to a downgrade at Cowen with a price target decrease to $76 from $83. Fellow rail components CSX (CSX 22.16, -0.25) and Union Pacific (UNP 69.31, -0.67) have declined 1.2% and 1.0%, respectively.

WTI crude is also re-testing its low with the commodity trading lower by 5.8% at $30.34/bbl.

2:00 pm:

[BRIEFING.COM] The major indices have slid from their recent levels with all three averages diving below the middle of their trading ranges. The S&P 500 (-0.7%) underperforms the tech-heavy Nasdaq (-0.5%) and the Dow Jones Industrial Average (-0.5%).

The technology space (-0.3%) was recently forced back below its flat line along with the health care space (-0.1%) during the recent downturn. At this juncture, telecom services (+0.4%) is the only sector in positive territory.

The technology sector continues to be helped by strong performances from sector large caps Alphabet (GOOGL 750.99, +5.38), Facebook (FB 98.84, +0.89), and Microsoft (52.46, +0.17). The three companies show advances between 0.4% and 0.9%. Alphabet is set to report earnings after the bell next Monday, while Facebook reports after the close on Wednesday, and Microsoft reports after the close on Thursday.

The high-beta chipmakers continue to underperform the technology space, evidenced by the 0.7% decline in the PHLX Semiconductor Index.

1:35 pm:

[BRIEFING.COM] The major U.S. indices continue to work their way towards base levels, and currently sit near today's highest levels.

A look inside the Dow Jones Industrial Average shows that Caterpillar (CAT 58.71, -2.27), Goldman Sachs (GS 152.80 -4.06), and Chevron (CVX 82.72, -0.82) are underperforming. Caterpillar is the Dow's worst performer after this morning's downgrade to Sell at Goldman, while Goldman and Chevron are both lower as their respective sectors lag the broad market.

Conversely, McDonald's (MCD 120.48, +2.08) is the best-performing Dow component following this morning's earnings. The fast food chain beat expectations across the board and said it expects continued positive top-line momentum across all segments this year

The slow start to the week has increased this month's DJIA decline to 7.8%

1:10 pm:

[BRIEFING.COM] The major indices all sport modest losses at midday. They started the session on a weak note as concerns regarding oil re-emerged to weigh on the stock market. The Nasdaq (-0.2%), Dow Jones Industrial Average (-0.2%), and the S&P 500 (-0.4%) have fallen by similar percentages.

The main driving forces behind this decline are:

The renewed selling interest in oil
A lack of conviction from buyers in front of a number of potential market-moving catalysts this week; and
A lack of influential sector leadership

Overnight, oil broke last week's win streak as supply and macroeconomic pressures weighed on the commodity.

Earlier this morning, Iraq's oil ministry reported that oil production surpassed 4.1 million barrels a day in December. This underscored supply glut worries that were recently compounded by the lifting of international sanctions against Iran.

Buyers have lacked conviction ahead of key earnings reports from Apple (AAPL 100.95, -0.45) after the close tomorrow, Facebook (FB 99.41, +1.47) after the close on Wednesday, and Amazon (AMZN 606.34, +10.02) after the close on Thursday. Market participants are also anxious ahead of the Federal Reserve policy meeting on Wednesday and the advance estimate for Q4 GDP on Friday.

The energy (-2.2%), materials (-1.8%), and financials (-1.1%) sectors are today's worst-performing areas while telecom services (+0.9%), health care (+0.3%), technology (+0.1%), and consumer staples (UNCH) have fared the best on a relative basis.

The consumer discretionary space (-0.1%) has outperformed thanks to the relative strength from large-cap constituents Amazon and McDonald's (MCD 120.41, +3.01). The fast food company has outperformed after reporting an earnings beat before today's opening bell. Elsewhere in the space, homebuilder D.R. Horton (DHI 26.36, -1.35) has declined 5.3% following its earnings report this morning as investors worry about a potential slowdown in home sales in general.

In the heavily-weighted financial sector (-1.1%), money center banks Bank of America (BAC 13.13, -0.42), Citigroup (C 39.89, -1.17), and JPMorgan Chase (JPM 56.00, -0.94) continue to suffer amid a lack of buying interest. The companies have declined 3.3%, 2.8%, and 0.9%, respectively.

Elsewhere, Caterpillar (CAT 58.58, -2.40) has slid 3.9% following a downgrade at Goldman Sachs from 'Neutral' to 'Sell'. The big corporate news item in the space today is the merger agreement between Tyco International (TYC 33.65, +1.51) and Johnson Controls (JCI 35.09, -0.51).

Treasuries have ticked higher thus far this session, as safe haven buyers have moved in as equities have declined. The yield on the benchmark note has declined three basis points to 2.02%.

There was no US economic data of note out today, although Japan reported some disappointing trade figures over the weekend that included an 8.0% year-over-year decline in exports, which was the largest drop since September 2012.

12:35 pm:

[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages are little changed from our last update, with the stock market trading sideways. The S&P 500 has declined 0.6% but was able to defend its first support level (1890) during today's session low.

The industrial sector (-0.8%) underperforms as global growth concerns, underpinned by oil's continued decline, and poor earnings expectations weigh. WTI crude has surrendered 4.9% thus far today and currently trades at $30.62/bbl, as supply glut concerns continue to weigh. Elsewhere, Caterpillar (CAT 58.58, -2.40) has slid 3.9% following a downgrade at Goldman Sachs, from 'Neutral' to 'Sell'. Meanwhile, fellow heavyweight General Electric (GE 28.24, +0.00) has not ventured too far from its flat line after the company missed on revenue expectations last week.

Treasuries remain near their session highs as safe haven buying keeps interest high. The yield on the benchmark note is lower by three basis points at 2.02%.

12:00 pm:

[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages float above their lows with the S&P 500 (-0.6%) trailing the Dow Jones Industrial Average (-0.5%) and tech-heavy Nasdaq (-0.4%).

On the bottom of the board energy (-2.1%) has extended its loss to round out the board, while commodity-sensitive materials (-1.8%) follows. On the flipside, telecom services (+0.8%) and health care (+0.2%) are the only two sectors in positive territory.

In the heavily-weighted health care space, biotechnology outperforms, evidenced by the 0.6% uptick in the iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 289.77, +1.75). Elsewhere in the group, large-cap components AbbVie (ABBV 59.58, +0.75) and Eli Lilly (LLY 83.04 +0.56) outperform with advances of 1.2%, and 0.7% respectively.

Treasuries have ticked higher with the yield on the benchmark note lower by four basis points at 2.02%.

11:35 am:

[BRIEFING.COM] The stock market has ticked up in recent action, but remains lower ahead of an economically laden week. The S&P 500 (-0.7%) trails the tech-heavy Nasdaq (-0.5%).

Buyers have lacked conviction today ahead of key earnings reports, the Federal Reserve policy meeting culminating on Wednesday, and the advance estimate for Q4 GDP on Friday. Key earnings include Apple's (AAPL 100.76, -0.66) after the close tomorrow, 3M (MMM 139.04, 0.48) before tomorrow's open, and Amazon's (AMZN 600.75, +4.37) after the close on Thursday.

The financial sector (-1.6%) has slid as money center banks Bank of America (BAC 13.10, -0.45), Citigroup (C39.89, -1.17), and JPMorgan Chase (JPM 56.00, -0.94) continue to unwind. The three companies have declined between 1.4% and 2.9%. Elsewhere in the space Morgan Stanley (MS 25.20, -0.40) and Goldman Sachs 153.28, -3.58) face similar headwinds. On a side note, Goldman Sachs was downgraded at RBC Capital Markets this morning with a target price reduction from $190.00 to $180.00.

11:00 am:

[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages hover above their session lows with the S&P 500 (-0.6%) trailing the Nasdaq (-0.4%).

In front of the pack, telecom services (+0.2%), health care (-0.2%), information technology (-0.3%), and consumer discretionary (-0.3%) lead. On the flipside, materials (-1.8%), financials (-1.4%), and energy (-1.4%) round out the board.

The consumer discretionary space outperforms the benchmark index thanks to strength from large-cap constituent McDonald's (MCD 120.25, +1.84) which has shown relative strength after reporting an earnings beat this morning. Elsewhere in the group, fellow heavyweight Amazon (AMZN 605.45, +9.07) outperforms ahead of its earnings release after the bell on Thursday. Conversely, we've seen the homebuilders trade in sympathy with D.R. Horton (DHI (6.34, -1.37), which has declined 5.3% despite reporting an EPS beat on light revenue. The iShares U.S. Home Construction ETF (ITB 22.32, -0.60) has declined 2.5% while Toll Brothers (TOL 27.10, -1.10) has slid 3.9%.

10:40 am: [BRIEFING.COM]

Oil prices began the day sharply lower and currently remain in the red
Mar WTI crude oil futures temporarily dipped below $31/barrel and are now -3% at $31.22/barrel in current trade
In other energy, Mar natural gas is trading lower as well, now -2% at $2.10/MMBtu
Helped by the weakness in the dollar this morning, precious metals are getting a boost, leaving both gold and silver currently just under today's highs
Feb gold is now +1% at $1106.80/oz and Mar silver +1.3% at $14.25/oz
In industrial metals, Mar copper is -0.5% at $1.99/lb

10:00 am:

[BRIEFING.COM] The major indices hover above their lows with the Nasdaq (-0.4%) and the Dow Jones Industrial Average (-0.4%) outperforming the S&P 500 (-0.5%).

On the leaderboard, materials (-1.7%), financials (-0.9%), energy (-0.7%), and telecom services (-0.6%) trail while consumer discretionary (-0.2), health care (-0.4%) and utilities (-0.4%) outperform.

In the energy sector, the oil field service giant Haliburton (HAL 29.51, -0.68) has declined 2.0% despite reporting a Q4 earnings beat with in-line revenue. The company is facing headwinds from renewed pressure in crude, which has slid 3.1% to $31.22/bbl. Elsewhere in the energy sector, Dow component Chevron (CVX 85.58, -0.96) and Exxon Mobil (XOM 75.47, -1.07) show losses of 1.2% and 1.6%, respectively.

9:45 am:

[BRIEFING.COM] As expected, the stock market opened on a lower note, with the S&P 500 (-0.4%) outpacing the retreat while the tech-heavy Nasdaq (-0.3%) slightly outperforms.

On top of the leaderboard, consumer discretionary (+0.1%) flirts with positive territory, ahead of health care (-0.2%), technology (-0.3%), and consumer staples (-0.4%). On the flipside, materials (-1.8%), energy (-1.5%), and telecom service (-0.9%) trail.

In commodities, WTI crude has been able to reclaim and defend $31.00/bbl price level. Oil trades lower by 3.4% at $31.09/bbl.

Treasuries trade near their highs with the yield on the benchmark note lower by three basis points at 2.02%.

9:15 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: -10.00. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -21.20.

The stock market is on track for a lower open as S&P 500 futures trade ten points below fair value.

Overnight, oil snapped the end of last week's win-streak and fell on continued oversupply concerns. The commodity's fall has seen WTI crude surrender the $31.00/bbl price level in recent trade with a decline of 3.8%to $30.97/bbl.

In corporate news of note, oilfield services company Halliburton (HAL 29.51, -0.68) has not been able to shake headwinds from crude oil's slide this morning. Despite reporting a Q4 EPS beat on in-line revenue the company has declined 1.5%. Elsewhere, Twitter (TWTR 16.90, -0.93) has plummeted 5.3% after the company confirmed that four top executives were leaving the company. In the same vein, the Wall Street Journal announced that the head of Apple's (AAPL 101.06, -0.36) electric car division will be leaving the company.

Treasuries continue to inch higher with the yield on the benchmark note lower by three basis points at 2.02%.

8:56 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: -10.20. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -23.00.

The S&P 500 futures trade ten points below fair value.

Markets in the Asia-Pacific region ended Monday mostly higher. All things considered, the overnight session was fairly quiet relative to last week. A considerable attribute to the gains seen in Asia, stemmed from the strength that continued all day long on Wall Street on Friday. As for macro data out of Asia, Japan posted better than expected Trade Data for December, however the underlying metrics showed that exports fell 8%, and wathe largest decline in 4 years. China did not have any data to digest, but local press reports signaled the PBOC may be looking to keep the currency strong for the time being, as it appears the central bank favors the use of liquidity injections, as opposed to RRR cuts for monetary easing.

In economic data:
Japan's December Total Trade Balance JPY 140.2 billion (expected JPY 117 billion). Separately, Japan's November Final Leading Index came in at 103.5 (preliminary 103.9) and November's Coincident Index reported at 111.9 (preliminary 111.6).

---Equity Markets---

Japan's Nikkei increased by 0.9%. The index saw buying early on, helping to drive the Nikkei over the 17000 level. Also helping to support stocks were comments from the BOJ's who stated that the central bank would not hesitate to add stimulus if deemed justified, but would not tip his hand as to what the cards hold with regards to this week's BOJ meeting. From a corporate level, Takata Corp finished the day down 11.%, the call saw another major recall, offered no indication as to whether the company will manage to raise capital. Looking the brighter side, Tokyo Steel Mfg closed up over 12% today after the co annouced it would launch a new stock repurchase program.
Hong Kong's Hang Seng advanced by 1.4% and finished near its high. Trading in the afternoon was accented by a steady support in the market, with the market trading in a very tight range in the last 2 hours of trading. Gains in the energy sector set the pace with crude oil trading around the $32 level during that session. Leading the charge were the likes of CNOOC (+4.8%) and PetroChina (+2.8%), outperforming the broader market. Consumer discretionary names were a hot sector today, after Goodbaby International posted gains of 8.6% after the company issued better than expected guidance.
China's Shanghai Composite advanced 0.8% after a seesaw battle that saw traders buying a dip the final hour to push the market back into positive territory. With Mainland macro data on the back burner, the market's focus was on corportate news on Monday. Financials saw so strength today, led by Guosen Securities, which rose 2.0%, following the release of earnings. Poly Real Estate Group Co (+1.6%) was another upside mover, after the co released its preliminary FY15 results.

Major European indices trade broadly lower to begin the new week after rallying sharply at the end of last week on bargain-hunting efforts that kicked in following ECB President Draghi's dovish-sounding remarks. A renewed slide in oil prices and a weaker-than-expected business sentiment report out of Germany have helped keep buying interest in check.

In economic data:
German Ifo Business Climate Index for January at 107.3 (expected 108.4; previous 108.6)
Italian Industrial New Orders for November +1.6% month-over-month (prior +4.6%); up 12.1% year-over-year (prior +2.2%)
Italian Industrial Sales for November -1.1% month-over-month (prior +1.9%); up 0.8% year-over-year (prior +1.6%)
Italian Retail Sales for November +0.3% month-over-month (expected +0.2%; prior -0.3%); -0.1% year-over-year (expected +1.8%; prior +1.8%)
UK CBI Industrial Trends Orders for January -15 (expected -10; prior -7)
Spain PPI -2.2% year-over-year (prior -2.6%)

---Equity Markets---

Germany's DAX has slid 0.6% in a mixed session that has seen decent gains in the health care (+1.2%) and utilities (+1.2%) sectors offset by weakness in the materials (-1.6%) and industrials (-1.3%) sectors. Fresenius Medical (+2.7%) and E.On (+2.3%) lead the list of winners in the DAX while Commerzbank (-4.0%) and Deutsche Bank (-3.5%) pace the laggards.
UK's FTSE has declined 0.5%. Glencore (+7.3%), ARM Holdings (+2.7%), and Randgold Resources (+2.4%) sit atop the list of winners while Kingfisher (-3.3%), Lloyds Banking Group (-3.2%), and Royal Bank of Scotland (-2.3%) bring up the rear.
France's CAC is down 0.7%, also in a somewhat mixed session that has seen buyers and sellers lack conviction.

8:25 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: -7.70. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -16.50.

Equity futures have slipped lower with S&P 500 futures now trading eight points below fair value.

In specific company news, McDonald's (MCD 122.45, +4.05) trades higher by 3.4% in pre-market, after the company posted a Q4 earnings beat with $1.31 per share on in-line revenue. Elsewhere in corporate news, Kimberly-Clark (KMB 125.49, -1.23) has slid 1.0% after the company missed on Q4 earnings and issued lower guidance for FY 2016 with EPS of $5.95-6.15.

On the commodities front, WTI crude has surrendered the $32.00/bbl price level as oversupply concerns re-emerged to break oil's recent rally. The energy components trades lower by 3.4% at $31.11/bbl.

Treasuries have ticked higher with the yield on the 10-yr note now lower by two basis points at 2.03%.

8:00 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: -2.70. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -7.00.

U.S. equity futures trade slightly lower with S&P 500 futures trading three points below fair value.

Meanwhile, Treasuries sit near their pre-market high with the yield on the benchmark note lower by one basis point at 2.04%.

Overnight, European regional indices and U.S. futures have felt renewed pressure from oil, as concerns regarding oversupply return to weigh on the market.

In economic news, no data is on tap for today's session.

In U.S. corporate news of note:

Tyco International (TYC 32.10, +1.51): +4.9% following the company and Johnson Controls announcement of a merger
Twitter (TWTR 17.05, -0.79): -4.4% after the company confirmed the departure of several executives
D.R. Horton (DHI 27.49, -0.16): -0.6% following a narrow miss on revenue during the company's Q1 earnings report
Catepillar (CAT 58.94, -2.04): -3.3% after the company was downgraded to 'Sell' from 'Neutral' at Goldman Sachs.

Reviewing overnight developments:

Asian indices ended their first session of the week on an upbeat note with Hong Kong's Hang Seng +1.6%, Japan's Nikkei +0.9%, and China's Shanghai Composite +0.8%.
Economic data was limited to :
Japan's December Total Trade Balance JPY 140.2 billion (expected JPY 117 billion). Separately, Japan's November Final Leading Index came in at 103.5 (preliminary 103.9) and November's Coincident Index reported at 111.9 (preliminary 111.6).

Major European indices currently trade on a mixed note with Germany's DAX +0.1%, France's CAC -0.1% and the U.K.'s FTSE +0.0%.
In economic data:
German Ifo Business Climate Index for January at 107.3 (expected 108.4; previous 108.6)
Italian Industrial New Orders for November +1.6% month-over-month (prior +4.6%); up 12.1% year-over-year (prior +2.2%)
Italian Industrial Sales for November -1.1% month-over-month (prior +1.9%); up 0.8% year-over-year (prior +1.6%)
Italian Retail Sales for November +0.3% month-over-month (expected +0.2%; prior -0.3%); -0.1% year-over-year (expected +1.8%; prior +1.8%)
UK CBI Industrial Trends Orders for January -15 (expected -10; prior -7)
Spain PPI -2.2% year-over-year (prior -2.6%)
In news:
Oil slid after Iraq reported record-high oil production in December

5:59 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: -3.80. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -12.00.

5:59 am: [BRIEFING.COM] Nikkei...17111...+1525.40...+0.90%. Hang Seng...19340...+259.60...+1.40%.

5:59 am: [BRIEFING.COM] FTSE...5898.82...-1.20...0.00%. DAX...9782...+17.30...+0.20%.

Special thanks to Bloomberg, Briefing, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance for their market summaries. gm

Best Regards,
M.A. Perry
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
Image@ http://twitter.com/wrbtrader Image@ http://stocktwits.com/wrbtrader

http://www.thestrategylab.com
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
Skype Messenger: kebec2002
wrbanalysis@gmail.com