TheStrategyLab.com Price Action Trading Support Forum

Forum for price action traders that want to learn WRB Analysis basic tutorial chapters 1, 2 and 3 prior to purchasing our advance trade methods. Hashtags: #wrbanalysis #wrbzone #wrbhiddengap #priceaction #trading
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: December 28th Monday Trade Results - Profit $3375.00
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:28 am 
Site Admin

Trade Results of M.A. Perry
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
Price Action Trading (no technical indicators)
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
Free Chat Room: http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164
Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
wrbanalysis@gmail.com (24/7)
http://twitter.com/wrbtrader (24/7)

Attachment:
122815-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-PnL-Blotter-Profit+3375.00.png
122815-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-PnL-Blotter-Profit+3375.00.png [ 92.97 KiB | Viewed 326 times ]

click on the above image to view today's performance verification

Price Action Trade Performance for Today: Emini TF ($TF_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Emini ES ($ES_F) futures @ $3375.00 dollars or +67.50 points, Light Crude Oil CL ($CL_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Gold GC ($GC_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points and EuroFX 6E ($6E_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.0000 ticks. Total Profit @ $3375.00 dollars

Russell 2000 Emini TF Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ The ICE
S&P 500 Emini ES Futures: 1 tick or 0.25 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Light Crude Oil CL (WTI) Futures: 1 tick or 0.01 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Gold GC Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
EuroFX 6E Futures: 1 tick or 0.0001 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup

Trade Log: All of my trades were posted real-time in the timestamp ##TheStrategyLab free chat room. You can read today's price action trading information about my trades (e.g. time, price entry, contract size, price exit) as the trade traversed to its completion. Also, sometimes I'll post real-time trading tips in ##TheStrategyLab chat room involving WRBs, WRB Hidden GAPs, Key Market Events (KME), Tutorial Chapters 2 & 3, WRB Zones, Reaction Highs/Lows, Contracting Volatility or Expanding Volatility. Its all archived @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/ftchat/forum/viewtopic.php?f=150&t=2252

Quote:
All of my real-time posted trades involves price action concepts from the WRB Analysis free study guide, Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 4 - 12 and the Volatility Trading Report (VTR) trade signal strategies. Analysis -----> Trade Signals

Also, posted below are direct links to information about my price action trade methodology and trading plan (there's a difference between the two) that enables me to identify key trading areas in the price action that represent changes in supply/demand and volatility along with being able to exploit these changes via WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis). I'm primarily a day trader because it suits my personal lifestyle but I do occasionally swing trade and position trade. Simply, my trade method is applicable for position trading, swing trading and day trading.

Image ##TheStrategyLab Chat Room is free. Members and I use the chat room to post WRB Analysis commentary, real-time trades and to post anything else related to trading. The chat room helps me tremendously in my own trading because I use it to document (journal) general volatility analysis involving WRB Analysis so that I can easily review at a later date my thoughts as I interacted with the markets...info I can not get from my broker statements. Also, this is not a signal calling chat room where a head trader tells you when to buy or sell and I do not have the time/energy/resources to manage a signal calling chat room. Access instructions for chat room @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164

Image Price Action Analysis via Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/WRBAnalysisTutorials.htm and there's a free study guide of the WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1, 2 and 3 @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=718

Analysis -----> Trade Signals

Image Trade Signal Strategies via Volatility Trading Report (VTR) @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/VolatilityTrading.htm and there's a free trade signal strategy @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=89 so that you can freely test drive one of our price action trade strategies with support (answering your questions) prior to purchasing the Volatility Trading Report (VTR). All WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1 - 12 are included in the purchase of the Volatility Trading Report (VTR).

Image Daily Trading Plan Routine @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=278&t=2988 contains brief information about trading plan, market context, brokers, trading time frames, position size management and other discussions.

-----------------------------

Market Context Summaries

The below summaries by Bloomberg, Briefing, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance helps me to do a quick review of the fundamentals, FED/ECB/BOE/IMF actions or any important global economic events (e.g. Eurozone, MarketWatch.com) that had an impact on today's price action in many trading instruments I monitor during the trading day. Simply, I'm a strong believer that key market events causes key changes in supply/demand and volatility resulting in trade opportunities (swing points and strong continuation price actions) that reach profit targets. Thus, I pay attention to these key market events, intermarket analysis (e.g. Forex EurUsd, EuroFX 6E futures, Gold GC futures, Light Crude Oil (WTI) CL & Brent Oil futures, Eurex DAX futures, Euronext FTSE100 futures, Emini ES futures, Emini TF futures, Treasury ZB futures and U.S. Dollar Index futures) while using WRB Analysis from one trade to the next trade to give me the market context for price action trading before the appearance of my technical analysis trade signals. Therefore, I maintain these archives to allow me to understand what was happening on any given trading day in the past involving key market events to help better understand my trade decisions (day trading, swing trading, position trading)...something I can not get from my broker statements alone. Further, most financial websites remove (delete) their archives after a few years to make room for new content. Therefore, I maintain my own archives of the news content so that I have it available for me when financial websites no longer archives their content.

Attachment:
122815-Key-Price-Action-Markets.png
122815-Key-Price-Action-Markets.png [ 1.09 MiB | Viewed 312 times ]

click on the above image to view today's price action of key markets

4:10 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] The stock market began the abbreviated trading week on a lower note with the S&P 500 surrendering 0.2%; however, Monday's participation left a lot to be desired considering fewer than 600 million shares changed hands at the NYSE floor.

Equity indices stumbled out of the gate with the energy sector (-1.8%) leading the opening slide. The growth-sensitive sector responded to a nightlong retreat in crude oil, which settled lower by 3.3% at $36.86/bbl. The energy component saw additional selling pressure after China reported its sixth consecutive monthly decline in industrial profits (-1.4% in November).

The disappointing data from China cast a pall on the overall risk sentiment and a 2.6% decline in the Shanghai Composite certainly did not help matters. Interestingly, the index held its ground through the first half of the session, but plunged in afternoon trade.

The situation was a bit different in the U.S. as stocks stumbled out of the gate, spending the afternoon in a slow rally off late-morning lows. Two sectors-consumer discretionary (+0.3%) and utilities (+0.2%)-eked out slim gains while the remaining eight groups registered losses. Slow was the operative word as light trading volume made for a quiet trading day and thin trading conditions are expected to persist throughout the week.

The energy sector (-1.8%) spent the day behind its peers, which kept the market on the defensive despite flashes of relative strength in a few other areas. For instance, the consumer discretionary sector (+0.3%) settled just above its flat line with Amazon (AMZN 675.25, +12.46) and Disney (DIS 107.25, +1.39) underpinning the modest advance. Amazon rallied in reaction to upbeat holiday shopping data while Dow component Disney benefited from a strong weekend at the box office for the latest installment of the Star Wars series.

Elsewhere, the top-weighted technology sector (-0.1%) also finished ahead of the broader market, but Apple (AAPL 106.82, -1.21) surrendered 1.1%, returning into the neighborhood of its December low. High-beta chipmakers also struggled with the PHLX Semiconductor Index falling 0.4%.

Unlike stocks, Treasuries climbed in the morning and maintained slim gains into the close with the 10-yr yield falling one basis point to 2.23%.

Investors did not receive any economic data today, but tomorrow, the October Case-Shiller 20-city Index (Briefing.com consensus 5.4%) and December Consumer Confidence (Briefing.com consensus 93.5) will be reported at 9:00 ET and 10:00 ET, respectively.

Nasdaq Composite +6.4% YTD
S&P 500 -0.1% YTD
Dow Jones Industrial Average -1.7% YTD
Russell 2000 -4.7% YTD

3:45 pm: [BRIEFING.COM]

Natural gas futures surged higher today following cooler weather forecasts
Front-month Jan nat gas closed out of today's session +8.4% at $2.23/MMBtu. Nat gas extended gains a little after hours and are now up 10%.
WTI crude oil felt some pain today as supply issues continue to be a dominant catalysts. Feb crude oil finished the day -3.3% to $36.86/barrel
Feb gold lost -0.7% today, closing at $1068.20/oz, while Mar silver ended -3.3% at $13.90/oz.
Mar copper lost 2% to $2.08/lb.

3:00 pm:

[BRIEFING.COM] As the market enters its last hour of trading, the Dow Jones Industrial Average (-0.2%) remains ahead of the S&P 500 (-0.3%) and the Nasdaq (-0.3%). Including today's decline, the benchmark index currently sports a year-to-date loss of 0.2%.

On the bottom of the leaderboard, energy (-2.0%), materials (-0.8%), health care (-0.6%), and financials (-0.2%) lead the losses. In the front of the pack, telecom services (+0.2%) is leading consumer discretionary (+0.1%) by a slimming margin.

In the consumer discretionary space, Amazon (AMZN 672.86, +10.07) and Disney (DIS 107.26, +1.40) look to end their trading day below their daily highs, but each name remains well above its flat line. The two stocks hold respective gains of 1.5% and 1.3%.

In Treasuries, the benchmark note has drifted higher with its yield falling two basis points to 2.22%.

2:30 pm:

[BRIEFING.COM] The tech-heavy Nasdaq (-0.4%) and S&P 500 (-0.4%) continue to keep pace with one another as both indices trade below their respective session highs.

In sectors, consumer discretionary (+0.1%) is on top of the leaderboard with telecommunication (+0.1%) and utilities (+0.1%) trailing. On the flipside, energy (-2.1%) is expanding its losses with materials (-1.0%), and health care (-0.6%) following.

In commodities, WTI crude is sinking lower as we near the end of today's pit session at 14:30 ET. Oil is now down 3.6% today trading at $36.72/bbl. Elsewhere in commodities, natural gas has been able to remain near its high, trading at $2.25 /MMbtu (+8.4%).

2:00 pm:

[BRIEFING.COM] As afternoon trading continues, the major indices hover below their session highs with the Dow Jones Industrial Average (-0.3%) leading the S&P 500 (-0.4%).

Three of ten sectors are now showing slim advances on the day with consumer discretionary (UNCH), telecommunications (UNCH), and utilities (UNCH) jockeying for position. On the flipside, energy (-2.0%), materials (-0.9%), and health care (-0.7%) round out the leaderboard

In healthcare, the sector is being pushed lower by relative weakness in biotechnology, evidenced by a 1.0% decline in the iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 336.33, -3.46) so far today.

Elsewhere in sectors, technology (-0.2%) has climbed off its low, thanks to the outperformance in large cap components like Facebook (105.67, +65) and Alphabet (GOOGL 778.76, +12.92).

In currencies, the U.S. Dollar Index has showed recent strength after struggling overnight, cutting its loss to 0.1% at 97.92.

1:25 pm:

[BRIEFING.COM] Equity indices have narrowed their losses, but the recent upward thrust has only pushed the S&P 500 (-0.4%) back to where the benchmark index started the trading day.

Sectors that have shown relative strength since start remain ahead of the broader market with consumer discretionary (+0.1%) and utilities (+0.1%) showing slim gains while the remaining eight groups are down between 0.2% (industrials) and 1.8% (energy).

All in all, today's session has seen below-average trading volume and that is likely to remain the case for the remainder of the week. To that point, fewer than 270 million shares have changed hands at the NYSE floor so far today.

1:05 pm:

[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages have climbed off their session lows, but they remain in the bottom half of their trading ranges. The Dow Jones Industrial Average (-0.4%) trades a bit ahead of the S&P 500 (-0.5%) and the Nasdaq (-0.6%).

The stock market opened lower following weak economic data from overseas that returned global demand concerns to the forefront. As a result, oil retreated throughout the night, continuing its slide into the trading day. Overnight, China released its November industrial profits report, which showed a 1.4% year-over-year decrease, representing the sixth straight monthly decline. Following this news and subsequent reaction, WTI crude slid overnight from the $38.00/bbl price level and is currently trading down 3.4% today at $36.79/bbl.
Related Quotes

Moving to sectors, energy (-2.0%) leads to the downside followed by materials (-0.9%), financials (-0.6%) and health care (-0.6%). On the flipside, the telecommunication services sector (UNCH) sits on the top of the leaderboard followed by utilities (UNCH), consumer discretionary (-0.2%), and consumer staples (-0.3%).

In energy, pipeline and equipment companies have been hit the hardest with Kinder Morgan (KMI 15.31, -0.78) sliding despite a spike in natural gas. Natural gas has risen 7.8% today to $2.23/mmbtu. For its part, Dow component Chevron (CVX 90.26, -1.79) trades in-line with the sector, down 2.0% on the day.

Switching to the consumer discretionary space, today's broader market outperformance is owed primarily to two large cap constituents: Amazon (AMZN 668.50, +5.71) and Disney (DIS 106.87, +1.01). Amazon is reacting to better than expected holiday numbers that showed that more than three million members joined Prime in the third week of December alone. The company also posted stronger numbers on their line of tablets and video-on-demand services. Meanwhile, Disney, reported that Star Wars: the Force Awakens has become the fastest movie to surpass $1 billion in worldwide box office sales. The companies are both up 1.0% on the day.

In Treasuries, the benchmark note has spent the better part of the day trading near its high with yield currently lower by one basis point at 2.23%.

Investors did not receive any economic data of note today.

12:30 pm:

[BRIEFING.COM] The S&P 500 (-0.5%) remains narrowly ahead of the tech-heavy Nasdaq (-0.6%)

On the top of the leaderboard telecommunications (+0.3%), utilities (+0.1%), consumer discretionary (-0.2%), and consumer staples (-0.3%) lead.

In the consumer discretionary space, today's performance has been bolstered by large cap constituents Disney (DIS 107.03, +1.17) and Amazon (AMZN 667.99, +5.20) showing respective gains of 1.1% and 0.8%. Elsewhere in the sector, Netflix (NFLX 115.22, -2.11) is trading lower, near its 50-day moving average (115.17), following a report from Barron's that suggested that YouTube might be two times as valuable as Netflix.

In commodities, WTI crude trades above its morning low of $36.66/bbl currently at $36.75/bbl. Oil has lost 3.5% through the overnight session.

12:00 pm:

[BRIEFING.COM] As afternoon trading begins, the Dow Jones Industrial Average (-0.5%) outperforms the Nasdaq (-0.6%) and the S&P 500 (-0.6%).

The energy sector (-1.7%) has ticked up off of its session low, but it continues weighing on the broader market. Energy is followed by, materials (-0.9%), financials (-0.7%), industrials (-0.5%), and technology, (-0.4%). Interesting to note, three of the top five worst performers are also top five weighted sectors.

Meanwhile, in the technology sector, Apple (AAPL 107.07, -0.96) has pulled off of its session low, but remains behind the broader sector. Elsewhere in technology, Alphabet (GOOGL 772.07, +6.23) outperforms, while the high-beta chip makers underperform , evidenced by the PHLX Semiconductor Composite showing a 1.1% decline on the day.

In Treasuries, the benchmark note trades higher with its yield falling three basis points to 2.21%.

11:30 am:

[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages trade above their session lows with the Nasdaq (-0.7%) modestly underperforming the S&P 500 (-0.7%). Including today's trading, the benchmark index has given up 0.6% so far in 2015.

On the top of the leaderboard, telecommunications (+0.1%) and utilities (+0.1%) lead, but the two sectors account for roughly 5.0% of the market, making their outperformance negligible. On the flipside, energy (-2.1%), materials (-1.2%) and financials (-0.8%) weigh. Including today's drop, energy has lost 9.9% in December and 23.4% in 2015.

In energy, Kinder Morgan (KMI 15.34, -0.79) continues to slide following the slip in WTI crude. Interesting to note, while crude has dropped 3.2% on the day, to $36.86/bbl, natural gas has risen by 7.1% to $2.23/mmbtu. This doesn't appear to be helping pipeline companies with Kinder Morgan showing a loss of 4.7% today. Elsewhere in the sector, large cap component Chevron (90.12, -1.93) paces the broader sector's losses, trading lower by 2.1%.

11:05 am:

[BRIEFING.COM] The major indices hover near their session lows with the Dow Jones Industrial Average (-0.6%) leading the S&P 500 (-0.8%) and the Nasdaq (-0.9%).

All ten sectors are now in the red with telecommunications (UNCH), consumer discretionary (-0.5%), and consumer staples (-0.5%) showing slimmer losses than the broader market. On the flip side, energy (-2.0%), materials (-1.3%), financials (-1.0%), and industrials (-0.8%) have paced today's decline.

In the consumer discretionary space, Disney (107.12, +1.26) outperforms the market following the news that Star Wars: the Force Awakens has become the fastest movie to surpass $1 billion in worldwide box office sales. The stock remains behind its 200-day moving average of 109.02. Elsewhere, Nike (NKE 63.36, +0.18) is recovering from last week's negative sentiment following the release of the company's earnings.

In Treasuries, the benchmark note remains near its high with its yield lower by two basis point to 2.22%.

Elsewhere, the Dollar Index has risen sharply and erased some of its losses on the day. The index currently trades at 97.91.

10:25 am: [BRIEFING.COM]

The dollar trended modestly negative in early trade, bottoming near the 97.80 level amidst a lack of US generated trading cues.
Sentiment ahead of tomorrow's Consumer Confidence figure have peripherally highlighted dollar trade, with estimates of 93.5 being above last month's 90.4 figure (but still well below the prior 3 month range of 99.1-102.6). The index is now holding modest losses at -0.1% to 97.94
WTI has seen a steady, steep decline all session as a lack of catalysts has focused market/media attention toward bearish outcomes associated with on-line supply from Iran and a weak Nov. Japanese Industrial production figure (released over the weekend).
November Japanese Industrial production fell 1% Y/Y.
The February contract is now trading near its LoD and at strong losses- at -3.4% to $36.86/barrel
Natural Gas is booking strong gains on a long-awaited revision to near-term weather forecasts, calling for cooler weather developments across the NE and Midwest US.
February Natural gas is now +5.1% to $2.18/MMBtu
Metals are showing losses for the session, with gold -0.5% to $1070.10/oz and silver -2.8% to $13.96/oz despite dollar weakness (and in the face of light volume)
Copper is trading sharply lower at -1.7% to $2.09/lb after Chinese industrial firms reported a 1.4% profit decline Y/Y for November. Embedded within that figure was notable weakness in the mining sector- with the producer China Hongqiao Group stating it sees future cuts to metal production in 2016

10:00 am:

[BRIEFING.COM] The Nasdaq (-0.4%) hovers below its opening high while the S&P 500 (-0.4%) trades above its session low.

Nine of ten sectors are currently in the red with only consumer discretionary (+0.1%) showing a gain on the day. On the flipside, energy (-1.8%), materials (-0.9%), and financials (-0.5%) lead the downside.

Meanwhile in commodities, oil continues to slide with WTI crude trading at $36.75/bbl, down 3.5% so far today.

In Treasuries, the benchmark note continues to trade near its high with the yield on the note lower by one basis point at 2.24%.

9:45 am:

[BRIEFING.COM] The major indices have all opened beneath their flat lines. The tech-heavy Nasdaq (-0.3%) is showing a narrow lead over the Dow Jones Industrial Average (-0.4%) and the S&P 500 (-0.3%).

Moving on to sectors, energy (-1.3%), materials (-0.5%), and financials (-0.5%) are showing the sharpest losses. On the top of the leaderboard, consumer discretionary (+0.2%) and telecommunication (+0.1%) lead.

In the consumer discretionary sector, Amazon (AMZN 667.55, +4.76) is outperforming following the release of its record-breaking holiday season. The company reported that more than three million members joined Prime the third week of December. The stock trades higher by 0.7%.

Switching to commodities, WTI crude surrendered the $37.00/bbl price level after the open and currently trades down 3.0% at $36.98/bbl.

9:16 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: -7.70. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -11.20.

The stock market is on track for a lower open with S&P 500 futures trading eight points below fair value after enduring a steady overnight retreat. The selling has been congruent with a retreat in the oil market that has sent crude oil lower by 2.5% to $37.16/bbl.

Index futures held their own at the start of the overnight session, but they began sliding as global investors took notice of an afternoon selloff in China where the Shanghai Composite surrendered 2.6%. There was no news to account for the stumble, but a disappointing Industrial Profits report for November (-1.4% year-over-year; previous -4.6%) contributed to the defensive sentiment.

An extension of that defensive sentiment has pressured European markets while British traders are skipping the session in observance of Boxing Day. Elsewhere, the Spanish political picture remains uncertain, but the country's 10-yr note has had a strong day, pressuring its yield to 1.81 (-6 bps).

Domestically, the pre-market session has been quiet with news limited to specific stocks. It is worth noting that Chimerix (CMRX 7.99, -27.58) has plunged 77.5% in pre-market after one of the company's clinical trials failed to meet its primary endpoint.

Treasuries are little changed with the 10-yr yield at 2.24%.

8:58 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: -9.50. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -14.00.

The S&P 500 futures trade ten points below fair value.

The trading week started on a mixed note in the Asia-Pacific region with most regional markets posting gains while China's Shanghai Composite stumbled during the second half of the trading day, falling 2.6%. The selloff began in B-shares and there was no clear reason for the afternoon dive that sent Chinese stocks to two-week lows. Elsewhere, trading action was more subdued with Japan's Nikkei (+0.6%) registering a modest gain despite the release of economic data that was mostly disappointing.

Economic data was plentiful:
China's November Industrial Profits -1.4% year-over-year (previous -4.6%)
Japan's November National CPI +0.3% year-over-year, as expected (previous 0.3%), November National Core CPI +0.1% year-over-year (expected 0.0%; previous -0.1%), December Tokyo CPI 0.0% (expected 0.2%; previous 0.2%), and December Tokyo Core CPI +0.1%, as expected (prior 0.0%). Separately, November Unemployment Rate rose to 3.3% from 3.1% (expected 3.2%), November Household Spending -2.2% month-over-month (consensus -0.3%; last -0.7%), and November Housing Starts +1.7% year-over-year (consensus 1.0% previous -2.5%). Lastly, November Industrial Production -1.0% month-over-month (consensus -0.6%; last 1.4%) and November Retail Sales -1.0% year-over-year (consensus -0.6%; prior 1.8%)
Hong Kong's November trade deficit widened to HKD33.10 billion from HKD29.70 billion (expected deficit of HKD36.90 billion) as exports fell 3.5% month-over-month (expected -2.6%; previous -3.7%) and imports declined 8.1% (consensus -7.1%; last 8.5%)

---Equity Markets---

Japan's Nikkei gained 0.6% with help from most sectors. Countercyclical utilities (+2.6%) led the way while materials (+1.7%), industrials (+1.4%), and energy (+1.1%) followed. Sharp, Pioneer, Furukawa, and Toshiba ended among the leaders with gains between 4.3% and 7.3%. On the downside, Japan Tobacco and Fast Retailing lost 1.9% and 1.3%, respectively.
Hong Kong's Hang Seng lost 1.0% amid weakness in most components. Energy names struggled with China Petroleum & Chemical, Petrochina, and CNOOC surrendering between 1.4% and 3.4%. Gaming names Galaxy Entertainment and Sands China lost close to 1.8% apiece while Kunlun Energy outperformed, climbing 1.4%.
China's Shanghai Composite dove 2.6% with the entire decline taking place during afternoon action. Shipping names lagged with COSCO Holdings and China Shipping Container both falling 10.0% while brokerages remained pressured. CITIC Securities and Industrial Securities lost 5.9% and 4.4%, respectively.

Major European indices trade lower across the board, but the overall trading volume has been light considering UK's FTSE is closed for Boxing Day. The Spanish political picture has not gotten any clearer over the weekend and the situation could remain in flux going into the New Year. Unlike European stocks, the euro has inched higher overnight, pushing up to 1.0974 against the dollar (+0.1%).

Investors did not receive any economic data of note

---Equity Markets---

Germany's DAX is lower by 0.7% with all but three components trading in the red. ThyssenKrupp, Adidas, Merck, and BMW appear among the laggards, showing losses between 1.3% and 1.8%. On the flip side, Fresenius has added 0.5%.
France's CAC has given up 0.8% amid weakness in most components. Steelmaker ArcelorMittal is the weakest performer, down 3.5%, while Credit Agricole, BNP Paribas, Peugeot, and Renault show losses close to 1.6% apiece.
Spain's IBEX trades down 1.1% with Sacyr, Repsol, FCC, and ACS leading the slide. The four names are down between 2.3% and 4.1%.

8:25 am: S&P futures vs fair value: -10.50. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -15.00.

[BRIEFING.COM] The S&P 500 futures trade 11 points below fair value.

In company specific news, Disney (DIS 106.21, +0.35) is higher by 0.3% in pre-market trading following news that Star Wars: The Force Awakens has set a new record as the fastest movie to surpass $ 1 billion in worldwide box office sales.

Elsewhere in commodities, WTI crude has declined 2.7% with oil currently trading at $37.06/bbl.

8:05 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: -10.70. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -17.40.

U.S. equity futures trade near their pre-market lows with the S&P 500 futures currently trading 11 points below fair value.

In Treasuries, the benchmark note currently sits near its pre-market high with its yield lower by two basis points at 2.24%.

On the economic front, it's a quiet day with no economic data points being released.

In U.S. corporate news of note:

Qualcomm (QCOM 49.83, +0.28): +0.6% after the company announced it entered into a license agreement with QiKu Internet Network Scientific

Reviewing overnight developments:

Asian markets began their week on a mixed note with Shanghai's Composite -2.6%, Hong Kong's Hang Seng -1.0%, and Japan's Nikkei +0.6%.
Economic data was plentiful:
China's November Industrial Profits -1.4% year-over-year (previous -4.6%)
Japan's November National CPI +0.3% year-over-year, as expected (previous 0.3%), November National Core CPI +0.1% year-over-year (expected 0.0%; previous -0.1%), December Tokyo CPI 0.0% (expected 0.2%; previous 0.2%), and December Tokyo Core CPI +0.1%, as expected (prior 0.0%). Separately, November Unemployment Rate rose to 3.3% from 3.1% (expected 3.2%), November Household Spending -2.2% month-over-month (consensus -0.3%; last -0.7%), and November Housing Starts +1.7% year-over-year (consensus 1.0% previous -2.5%). Lastly, November Industrial Production -1.0% month-over-month (consensus -0.6%; last 1.4%) and November Retail Sales -1.0% year-over-year (consensus -0.6%; prior 1.8%)
Hong Kong's November trade deficit widened to HKD33.10 billion from HKD29.70 billion (expected deficit of HKD36.90 billion) as exports fell 3.5% month-over-month (expected -2.6%; previous -3.7%) and imports declined 8.1% (consensus -7.1%; last 8.5%)
In news:
There was no news of note overnight in Asia.

European indices traded broadly lower with Germany's DAX -0.7%, France's CAC -0.8%, and Spain's IBEX -0.8%. Elsewhere, the U.K.'s FTSE was closed for boxing day.
Economic data:
Investors did not receive any economic data of note.
In news:
The Spanish political picture remained unclear over the weekend and the situation could remain in flux going into the New Year.
The euro has inched higher overnight, pushing up to 1.0974 against the dollar (+0.1%)

6:01 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: -7.80. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -13.30.

6:01 am: [BRIEFING.COM] Nikkei...18873.35...+104.30...+0.60%. Hang Seng...21919.62...-218.50...-1.00%.

6:01 am: [BRIEFING.COM] FTSE...Holiday......... DAX...10716.81...-10.80...-0.10%.

Special thanks to Bloomberg, Briefing, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance for their market summaries. gm

Best Regards,
M.A. Perry
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
Image@ http://twitter.com/wrbtrader Image@ http://stocktwits.com/wrbtrader

http://www.thestrategylab.com
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
Skype Messenger: kebec2002
wrbanalysis@gmail.com