TheStrategyLab.com Price Action Trading Support Forum

Forum for price action traders that want to learn WRB Analysis basic tutorial chapters 1, 2 and 3 prior to purchasing our advance trade methods. Hashtags: #wrbanalysis #wrbzone #wrbhiddengap #priceaction #trading
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: November 23rd Monday Trade Results - Profit $3050.00
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:07 am 
Site Admin

Trade Results of M.A. Perry
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
Price Action Trading (no technical indicators)
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
Free Chat Room: http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164
Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
wrbanalysis@gmail.com (24/7)
http://twitter.com/wrbtrader (24/7)

Attachment:
112315-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-PnL-Blotter-Profit+3050.00.png
112315-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-PnL-Blotter-Profit+3050.00.png [ 93.93 KiB | Viewed 231 times ]

click on the above image to view today's performance verification

Price Action Trade Performance for Today: Emini TF ($TF_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Emini ES ($ES_F) futures @ $3050.00 dollars or +61.00 points, Light Crude Oil CL ($CL_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Gold GC ($GC_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points and EuroFX 6E ($6E_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.0000 ticks. Total Profit @ $3050.00 dollars

Russell 2000 Emini TF Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ The ICE
S&P 500 Emini ES Futures: 1 tick or 0.25 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Light Crude Oil CL (WTI) Futures: 1 tick or 0.01 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Gold GC Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
EuroFX 6E Futures: 1 tick or 0.0001 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup

Trade Log: All of my trades were posted real-time in the timestamp ##TheStrategyLab free chat room. You can read today's price action trading information about my trades (e.g. time, price entry, contract size, price exit) as the trade traversed to its completion. Also, sometimes I'll post real-time trading tips in ##TheStrategyLab chat room involving WRBs, WRB Hidden GAPs, Key Market Events (KME), Tutorial Chapters 2 & 3, WRB Zones, Reaction Highs/Lows, Contracting Volatility or Expanding Volatility. Its all archived @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/ftchat/forum/viewtopic.php?f=149&t=2225

Quote:
All of my real-time posted trades involves price action concepts from the WRB Analysis free study guide, Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 4 - 12 and the Volatility Trading Report (VTR) trade signal strategies. Analysis -----> Trade Signals

Also, posted below are direct links to information about my price action trade methodology and trading plan (there's a difference between the two) that enables me to identify key trading areas in the price action that represent changes in supply/demand and volatility along with being able to exploit these changes via WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis). I'm primarily a day trader because it suits my personal lifestyle but I do occasionally swing trade and position trade. Simply, my trade method is applicable for position trading, swing trading and day trading.

Image ##TheStrategyLab Chat Room is free. Members and I use the chat room to post WRB Analysis commentary, real-time trades and to post anything else related to trading. The chat room helps me tremendously in my own trading because I use it to document (journal) general volatility analysis involving WRB Analysis so that I can easily review at a later date my thoughts as I interacted with the markets...info I can not get from my broker statements. Also, this is not a signal calling chat room where a head trader tells you when to buy or sell and I do not have the time/energy/resources to manage a signal calling chat room. Access instructions for chat room @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164

Image Price Action Analysis via Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/WRBAnalysisTutorials.htm and there's a free study guide of the WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1, 2 and 3 @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=718

Analysis -----> Trade Signals

Image Trade Signal Strategies via Volatility Trading Report (VTR) @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/VolatilityTrading.htm and there's a free trade signal strategy @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=89 so that you can freely test drive one of our price action trade strategies with support (answering your questions) prior to purchasing the Volatility Trading Report (VTR). All WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1 - 12 are included in the purchase of the Volatility Trading Report (VTR).

Image Daily Trading Plan Routine @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=277&t=2948 contains brief information about trading plan, market context, brokers, trading time frames, position size management and other discussions.

-----------------------------

Market Context Summaries

The below summaries by Bloomberg, Briefing, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance helps me to do a quick review of the fundamentals, FED/ECB/BOE/IMF actions or any important global economic events (e.g. Eurozone, MarketWatch.com) that had an impact on today's price action in many trading instruments I monitor during the trading day. Simply, I'm a strong believer that key market events causes key changes in supply/demand and volatility resulting in trade opportunities (swing points and strong continuation price actions) that reach profit targets. Thus, I pay attention to these key market events, intermarket analysis (e.g. Forex EurUsd, EuroFX 6E futures, Gold GC futures, Light Crude Oil (WTI) CL & Brent Oil futures, Eurex DAX futures, Euronext FTSE100 futures, Emini ES futures, Emini TF futures, Treasury ZB futures and U.S. Dollar Index futures) while using WRB Analysis from one trade to the next trade to give me the market context for price action trading before the appearance of my technical analysis trade signals. Therefore, I maintain these archives to allow me to understand what was happening on any given trading day in the past involving key market events to help better understand my trade decisions (day trading, swing trading, position trading)...something I can not get from my broker statements alone. Further, most financial websites remove (delete) their archives after a few years to make room for new content. Therefore, I maintain my own archives of the news content so that I have it available for me when financial websites no longer archives their content.

Attachment:
112315-Key-Price-Action-Markets.png
112315-Key-Price-Action-Markets.png [ 1.23 MiB | Viewed 278 times ]

click on the above image to view today's price action of key markets

4:05 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] The stock market began the trading week on a cautious note with the S&P 500 shedding 0.1%. The benchmark index surrendered its opening gain, ending in the middle of its trading range while the Dow (-0.2%) and Nasdaq (-0.1%) registered comparable losses.

Overall, the Monday session was very quiet with some market participants likely getting a head start on the Thanksgiving holiday. With that in mind, it wouldn't be surprising to see below average trading volume for the remainder of the week. As for today, roughly 820 million shares changed hands at the NYSE floor.

Equities climbed at the start with the early move supported by three sectors in particular. The energy sector (+0.7%) displayed some early volatility, but ended among the leaders even though crude oil slipped 0.3% to $41.78/bbl after making a brief appearance above $42.50/bbl. WTI crude briefly spiked in the morning after Saudi officials indicated their intent to stabilize the global energy market, but the energy component was back near its flat line in short order.

Elsewhere among cyclical sectors, consumer discretionary (+0.4%) and materials (+0.1%) also settled ahead of the broader market. The discretionary sector benefitted from strength among retailers with SPDR S&P Retail ETF (XRT 44.58, +0.42) climbing 1.0% to mask a 4.2% dive in the shares of GameStop (GME 37.61, -1.65) after the company missed earnings/revenue estimates and guided below analyst expectations.

Similarly, the consumer staples sector (+0.8%) also settled well ahead of the broader market. The countercyclical group was underpinned by Tyson Foods (TSN 48.09, +4.44) after the company's better than expected revenue and upbeat earnings guidance overshadowed below-consensus earnings.

Staying on the countercyclical side, the health care sector (-0.2%) could not stay out of the red while biotechnology outperformed with iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 335.92, +2.43) climbing 0.7%. As for health care, the sector was unable to overcome losses in Allergan (AGN 301.72, -10.74) and Pfizer (PFE 31.33, -0.85) after the two agreed to a $150 billion merger.

Treasuries held modest losses during overnight action, but an intraday rally placed the 10-yr note on its high with the 10-yr yield slipping two basis points to 2.25%.

Today's economic data was limited to the October Existing Home Sales report, which fell 3.4% from September to an annualized rate of 5.36 million units while the Briefing.com consensus expected a reading of 5.50 million.

Notably, sales did not increase in any regions. The Northeast was unchanged, the Midwest was down 0.8%, the South was down 3.2%, and the West down 8.7%. Median sales prices, meanwhile, were up in all regions year-over-year. The West led the way there with an 8.0% gain followed by the South (+6.2%), the Midwest (+5.7%), and the Northeast (+1.3%). Overall, the median price of an existing home increased 5.8% to $219,600.

Tomorrow, the second estimate of Q3 GDP will be released at 8:30 ET (Briefing.com consensus 2.0%) while September Case-Shiller 20-city Index (expected 5.2%) and November Consumer Confidence (consensus 99.6) will be reported at 9:00 ET and 10:00 ET, respectively.

Nasdaq Composite +7.7% YTD
S&P 500 +1.4% YTD
Dow Jones Industrial Average -0.2% YTD
Russell 2000 -1.9% YTD

3:40 pm: [BRIEFING.COM]

The dollar index remained in positive territory today, which helped weigh on commodities
The big mover today was natural gas, which slowly climbed off its LoD and finished today's session +2.4% at $2.35/MMBtu
Following the early-morning rally, oil futures largely held that move, but finished -0.3% at $41.78/barrel
Gold remained in the red all day, closing at -0.9% at $1066.60/oz, while Dec silver ending -0.5% at $14.03/oz

2:55 pm:

[BRIEFING.COM] The S&P 500 trades lower by 0.3% with one hour remaining in the trading day.

The benchmark index notched its high during the opening hour, but the remainder of the session has featured a slow retreat from highs that accelerated about an hour ago. That being said, the S&P 500 has spent the day inside a relatively narrow 14-point range.

Meanwhile, Treasuries held losses during overnight action, but they hit their lows around 8:30 ET and have been climbing since then. As a result, the 10-yr yield is lower by two basis points at 2.24% after touching the 2.30% level overnight.

2:25 pm:

[BRIEFING.COM] Recent action saw the major averages slip to new session lows. The Dow Jones Industrial Average (-0.4%) remains behind the other indices while the S&P 500 (-0.3%) and Nasdaq (-0.2%) are now in negative territory.

The recent slide to lows has caused most sectors to retreat from their afternoon levels, but energy (+0.5%) and consumer staples (+0.7%) remain well ahead of the broader market. On the flip side, the utilities sector (-0.9%) is the weakest performer while industrials (-0.7%) and technology (-0.7%) also weigh.

Despite today's decline, the industrial sector remains higher by 1.3% for the month while the technology sector has narrowed its November gain to 0.5%.

1:55 pm:

[BRIEFING.COM] Equity indices have ticked down from their recent levels, placing the S&P 500 (+0.1%) just a point above its flat line.

The benchmark index notched its session high during the opening hour and the remainder of the morning featured sideways action. Equities then ticked down from their morning levels going into the afternoon. As a result, the Dow Jones Industrial Average (-0.1%) is back in the red.

Heavily-weighted industrials (-0.4%) and technology (-0.4%) have lagged since the start and they remain well behind the broader market at this time.

Elsewhere, Treasuries have climbed to new highs, pressuring the 10-yr yield to 2.25% (-2 bps).

1:35 pm:

[BRIEFING.COM] The major U.S indices remain mixed as the Dow Jones Industrial Average underperforms.

A look inside the Dow show that Pfizer (PFE 31.54, -0.64), Apple (AAPL 118.14, -1.16), and Boeing (BA 148.21, -1.19) are underperforming. Pfizer is the worst-performing Dow component after confirming its long anticipated acquisition of botox-maker Allergan for $160 bln. Pfizer said it anticipates the transaction will deliver more than $2 billion in operational synergies over the first three years after closing. Boeing is lower on the day as industrials lag.

Conversely, Coca-Cola (KO 43.12, +0.69) is the best-performing Dow component as consumer staples outperform.

Today's small decline brings November's DJIA gains to 0.86%

At the top of the hour, the Treasury's $26 bln 2-year note auction drew a high yield of 0.948% on a bid-to-cover of 3.15

12:55 pm:
Related Quotes

[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages trade near their flat lines at midday with the S&P 500 (+0.2%) and Nasdaq Composite (+0.3%) showing slim gains while the Dow Jones Industrial Average (unch) underperforms.

With the Thanksgiving holiday coming up on Thursday, the abbreviated trading week has gotten off to a subdued start. Equity indices spent the initial hour of action near their unchanged levels, but they have rallied to highs behind a handful of cyclical sectors.

Six of ten groups sport midday gains with consumer staples (+0.9%) and energy (+0.8%) in the lead. The countercyclical staples sector has received a measure of support from Tyson Foods (TSN 48.04, +4.39) as the stock trades higher by 10.0% after better than expected revenue and above-consensus revenue guidance overshadowed a bottom-line miss.

For its part, the energy sector has endured a volatile start, but the growth-sensitive group finds itself among the leaders at this time while crude oil trades up 0.9% at $42.29/bbl after Saudi officials indicated their intent to stabilize the global energy market.

On the downside, heavily-weighted industrials (-0.3%) and technology (-0.3%) have struggled from the start. Transports have contributed to the relative weakness in the industrial space (Dow Jones Transportation Average -0.5%) while the technology sector has retreated behind chipmakers with the PHLX Semiconductor Index trading lower by 0.8%.

To be fair, the Nasdaq has been able to overcome the weakness in technology by drawing support from biotechnology. To that point, the iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 336.71, +3.22)is higher by 1.0% at this juncture.

Treasuries held modest losses during overnight action, but they now sit on their highs with the 10-yr yield down one basis point at 2.26%.

Today's economic data was limited to the October Existing Home Sales report, which fell 3.4% from September to an annualized rate of 5.36 million units while the Briefing.com consensus expected a reading of 5.50 million.

Notably, sales did not increase in any region. The Northeast was unchanged, the Midwest was down 0.8%, the South was down 3.2%, and the West down 8.7%. Median sales prices, meanwhile, were up in all regions year-over-year. The West led the way there with an 8.0% gain followed by the South (+6.2%), the Midwest (+5.7%), and the Northeast (+1.3%). Overall, the median price of an existing home increased 5.8% to $219,600.

12:25 pm:

[BRIEFING.COM] Sideways action continues with the S&P 500 trading higher by 0.1%.

Although the broader market has held its ground in recent going, the same cannot be said for shares of KaloBios Pharma (KBIO 42.85, +24.60), which are currently halted for volatility after the stock surged more than 100.0%.

KaloBios traded at just $2.00/share until the middle of last week, but a short squeeze appears to be underway after a consortium led by Martin Shkreli acquired 70.0% of the company. Furthermore, there is speculation that at this juncture the share float is insufficient to cover outstanding short positions.

Biotechnology in general has had a strong showing today with the iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 337.03, +3.54) remaining higher by 1.1%.

11:55 am:

[BRIEFING.COM] Not much change in the market as the S&P 500 remains higher by 0.2% while the Nasdaq (+0.3%) trades just ahead thanks to the relative strength in biotechnology.

The iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 337.53, +4.04) is higher by 1.2%, trading well ahead of the health care sector (+0.3%). Furthermore, the strength in biotech has overshadowed a sluggish showing from the technology sector (-0.3%), which trades at the bottom of the leaderboard. High-beta chipmakers have not fared much better than large cap names, evidenced by a 0.9% decline in the PHLX Semiconductor Index.

On a separate note, the Dollar Index (99.93, +0.37) has charged to a new session high after briefly surrendering today's gain. Thanks to the recent move higher, the index is now back near this year's high, which was set in the middle of March.

11:25 am:

[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages remain near their recently-established highs with the Nasdaq Composite (+0.3%) maintaining the lead.

With the Thanksgiving holiday looming, it would not be a huge surprise to see below-average trading volume throughout the week as some participants stay away from the market.

Seven sectors remain in positive territory with consumer staples (+0.8%) and materials (+0.8%) trading ahead of their peers while the energy sector (+0.4%) remains active amid volatile action in crude oil, which now trades higher by 0.2% at $41.98/bbl.

Elsewhere, Treasuries have made a brief appearance in the green, but they are now back on their flat lines with the 10-yr yield at 2.26%.

10:55 am:

[BRIEFING.COM] Equity indices have rallied to new highs after overcoming their opening indecision. The Nasdaq Composite leads, trading higher by 0.4% while the S&P 500 (+0.2%) follows not far behind.

The move to new highs has lifted most sectors while utilities (-0.5%) and telecom services (-0.1%) remain in negative territory for the time being. On the flip side, the energy sector (+0.9%) leads after struggling at the start. The rebound in energy has taken place amid comparable price action in the energy market as WTI crude trades up 0.9% at $42.28/bbl.

Outside of energy, consumer discretionary (+0.6%), materials (+0.8%), and consumer staples (+0.6%) also trade ahead of the broader market.

10:35 am: [BRIEFING.COM]

The dollar trended higher all session, before seeing a gradual sell-off in early trade ahead of the morning's US economic data
US manufacturing PMI came in well below last month's figure, at 52.6 vs. 54.1 prior, in addition to weak October existing home sales (5.36 mln vs. 5.5 mln est.)
Also contributing to the dollar's price momentum was mixed commentary by the Fed's Daniel Tarulo, who indicated it may be best to wait for signs of inflation prior to raising interest rates
The dollar has continued to fall from highs in recent trade, and is now near modestly positive at +0.2% to 99.80
WTI traded at strong losses overnight, before seeing a large spike higher on comments from the Saudi Arabian oil minister, indicating that the nation may be ready to collaborate with OPEC/non OPEC members in stabilizing oil prices
January crude has since slumped back from session highs, but is still holding gains for the session at +1.1% to $42.36/barrel
Natural gas was pressed to large losses in early trade- mostly on continued forecasts for warming US national weather trends. That trend saw a strong reversal in recent trade however, with the December contract rallying to positive territory at +0.7% to $2.31/MMBtu
Precious metals are extending modest losses despite the weaker dollar, amidst mixed calls from market participants for a December rate hike
Gold is now -0.7% to $1069.40/oz and silver is -0.2% to $14.07/oz
Copper is booking strong losses at -1.9% to $2.02/lb

10:00 am:

[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages remain near their opening levels with the Nasdaq Composite (+0.2%) showing relative strength.

Just released, existing home sales for October fell 3.4% from September to an annualized rate of 5.36 million units while the Briefing.com consensus expected a reading of 5.50 million.

9:40 am:

[BRIEFING.COM] As expected, the major averages began the session in the neighborhood of their flat lines. Accordingly, the Dow, Nasdaq, and S&P 500 all trade within 0.1% of their unchanged levels amid early losses in six of ten sectors.

To little surprise, the energy sector (-0.5%) has struggled, considering today's volatility in crude oil. At this juncture, WTI crude is lower by 0.8% at $41.58/bbl. Elsewhere, the heavily-weighted health care sector (-0.2%) also lags while consumer discretionary (+0.2%) and consumer staples (+0.2%) outperform.

The Existing Home Sales report for October (Briefing.com consensus 5.50 million) will be released at 10:00 ET.

Treasuries have reclaimed their overnight losses with the 10-yr yield returning to unchanged at 2.27%.

9:07 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +0.60. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +3.50.

The stock market is on track for a quiet start as S&P 500 futures trade within a point of fair value after spending the night in a nine-point range.

Equity futures held modest losses earlier, but they have rallied off their lows alongside crude oil, which perked up after Saudi Arabia indicated its readiness to take part in stabilizing the global oil market. That being said, crude oil has retraced its earlier gain, trading lower by 1.3% at $41.36/bbl at this juncture.

The downtick in oil has pulled equity futures off their highs, but that move has been limited in scope.

This morning has been quiet on the corporate front, but it is worth noting that Allergan (AGN 305.75, -6.71) has confirmed its $150 billion merger with Pfizer (PFE 31.33, -0.85) while GameStop (GME 32.19, -7.07) is on track to open lower by 18.0% after missing earnings/revenue estimates and guiding below analyst expectations.

Today's economic data will be limited to the October Existing Home Sales report (Briefing.com consensus 5.50 million), which will be released at 10:00 ET.

Treasuries hold modest losses with the 10-yr yield up one basis point at 2.27%.

8:54 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +0.50. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +1.50.

The S&P 500 futures trade within a point of fair value.

Markets in the Asia-Pacific region began the week on a mostly lower note while Japan's Nikkei was closed for Labour Thanksgiving Day. The region actually opened higher, but selling pressure crept into the markets toward the close. The Shanghai Composite fell 0.6% and the Hang Seng sank 0.4% with energy names weighing heavily on the indexes. The region also was devoid of any significant macro data last night. That being said, there was a notable local press report out of Japan that indicated the government may look to increase the Tokyo minimum wage by 3.0% next fiscal year and attempt to boost CAPEX by adding incentives for companies to invest in new plants and equipment.

In economic data:
Hong Kong's October CPI +2.4% year-over-year (consensus 1.9%; previous 2.0%)
Singapore's October CPI -0.8% year-over-year (expected -0.5%; previous -0.6%)
New Zealand's Visitor Arrivals +0.2% month-over-month (previous 4.4%)

------

Japan's Nikkei was closed for public holiday.
Hong Kong's Hang Seng declined by 0.4% and finished near the session lows. Trading in the afternoon was accented by steady pressure in the market, with selling picking up in the last 2 hours of trading. Weakness in the energy sector set the pace with the likes of CNOOC (-0.9%) and SinoPec (-1.0%) underperforming the broader market. Gaming stocks were also notably weaker with Galaxy Entertainment and Sands China both trading down 4%.
China's Shanghai Composite declined 0.6% after a seesaw battle that saw the final hour tip the market back into negative territory. Air China dropped 2.2% after releasing October traffic results. Aluminum Corporation of China fell 0.8% after the co announced its President tendered his resignation.

Major European indices trade mostly lower with France's CAC (-0.7%) showing relative weakness. The euro slumped against the dollar during overnight action, but the pair has returned to little changed at 1.0630.

In economic data:
Eurozone flash November Services PMI 54.6 (expected 54.1; previous 54.1) and flash Manufacturing PMI 52.8 (expected 52.3; last 52.3)
Germany's flash November Services PMI 55.6 (consensus 54.3; last 54.5) and flash Manufacturing PMI 54.9 (expected 54.0; last 54.2)
France's flash November Services PMI 51.3 (expected 52.6; last 52.7) and flash Manufacturing PMI 50.8, as expected (prior 50.6)

------

France's CAC is lower by 0.7% with most components trading in the red. ArcelorMittal is the weakest performer, trading lower by 4.3%. Consumer names also lag with L'Oreal, Carrefour, and Pernod Ricard all down near 1.1% apiece. On the upside, financials AXA, Credit Agricole, and Societe Generale are up between 0.1% and 0.4%.
UK's FTSE has given up 0.5% with roughly 80% of its components trading below their flat lines. Consumer names lead the retreat with Burberry, Tesco, TUI, and Morrison Supermarkets down between 1.5% and 2.3%.
Germany's DAX trades down 0.4% amid weakness in exporter names. BMW, Daimler, and Volkswagen have surrendered between 0.5% and 0.8%. Also of note, financials Commerzbank and Deutsche Bank are both down near 0.3%.

8:27 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +1.20. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +6.50.

U.S. equity futures have slipped from their highs in a move that has coincided with renewed selling in crude oil. To that point, the energy component is now down 0.6% at $41.65/bbl after making a brief appearance above the $42.50/bbl level in reaction to Saudi Arabia indicating its readiness to take part in stabilizing global markets.

The earlier spike in crude coincided with futures rallying off their lows and the recent pullback in oil has knocked futures off their best levels of the morning.

Also of note, the Dollar Index (99.77, +0.21) remains higher by 0.2% after surrendering a portion of its overnight gain.

7:53 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +1.10. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +2.30.

U.S. equity futures trade little changed amid cautious action overseas. The S&P 500 futures hover one points above fair value after maintaining a nine-point range throughout the night.

Meanwhile, Treasuries sit near their lows with the 10-yr yield up three basis points at 2.29%.

Today's economic data will be limited to the October Existing Home Sales report (Briefing.com consensus 5.50 million), which will be released at 10:00 ET.

In U.S. corporate news of note:

Allergan (AGN 306.00, -6.46): -2.1% after confirming its $150 billion merger with Pfizer (PFE 31.50, -0.68).
Mallinckrodt (MNK 63.00, +2.00): +3.3% after beating earnings and revenue estimates.
Trina Solar (TSL 9.30, -0.40): -4.1% in reaction to a bottom-line miss on better than expected revenue and improved shipment guidance.
Tyson Foods (TSN 43.60, -0.05): -0.1% after missing earnings estimates on above-consensus revenue. The company guided fiscal year 2016 earnings ahead of analyst expectations.

Reviewing overnight developments:

Asian markets ended mostly lower. China's Shanghai Composite -0.6%, Hong Kong's Hang Seng -0.4%, and Japan's Nikkei was closed for Labour Thanksgiving Day
In economic data:
Hong Kong's October CPI +2.4% year-over-year (consensus 1.9%; previous 2.0%)
Singapore's October CPI -0.8% year-over-year (expected -0.5%; previous -0.6%) New Zealand's Visitor Arrivals +0.2% month-over-month (previous 4.4%)
In news:
In Japan, Prime Minister Shinzo Abe has reportedly crafted a new plan to spur inflation and will call for a 3.0% hike in Tokyo's minimum wage

Major European indices trade mostly lower. France's CAC -0.5%, UK's FTSE -0.2%, and Germany's DAX -0.2%. Elsewhere, Italy's MIB +0.8% and Spain's IBEX +0.1%
In economic data:
Eurozone flash November Services PMI 54.6 (expected 54.1; previous 54.1) and flash Manufacturing PMI 52.8 (expected 52.3; last 52.3)
Germany's flash November Services PMI 55.6 (consensus 54.3; last 54.5) and flash Manufacturing PMI 54.9 (expected 54.0; last 54.2)
France's flash November Services PMI 51.3 (expected 52.6; last 52.7) and flash Manufacturing PMI 50.8, as expected (prior 50.6)
Among news of note:
The euro slumped against the dollar during overnight action, but the pair has returned to little changed at 1.0635.

5:49 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: -0.50. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -1.30.

5:49 am: [BRIEFING.COM] Nikkei...Holiday......... Hang Seng...22665.90...-88.80...-0.40%.

5:49 am: [BRIEFING.COM] FTSE...6297.01...-37.60...-0.60%. DAX...11086.80...-33.00...-0.30%.

Special thanks to Bloomberg, Briefing, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance for their market summaries. gm

Best Regards,
M.A. Perry
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
Image@ http://twitter.com/wrbtrader Image@ http://stocktwits.com/wrbtrader

http://www.thestrategylab.com
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
Skype Messenger: kebec2002
wrbanalysis@gmail.com