TheStrategyLab.com Price Action Trading Support Forum

Forum for price action traders that want to learn WRB Analysis basic tutorial chapters 1, 2 and 3 prior to purchasing our advance trade methods. Hashtags: #wrbanalysis #wrbzone #wrbhiddengap #priceaction #trading
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: November 19th Thursday Trade Results - Profit $562.50
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:55 am 
Site Admin

Trade Results of M.A. Perry
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
Price Action Trading (no technical indicators)
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
Free Chat Room: http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164
Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
wrbanalysis@gmail.com (24/7)
http://twitter.com/wrbtrader (24/7)

Attachment:
111915-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-PnL-Blotter-Profit+562.50.png
111915-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-PnL-Blotter-Profit+562.50.png [ 95.28 KiB | Viewed 298 times ]

click on the above image to view today's performance verification

Price Action Trade Performance for Today: Emini TF ($TF_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Emini ES ($ES_F) futures @ $562.50 dollars or +11.25 points, Light Crude Oil CL ($CL_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Gold GC ($GC_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points and EuroFX 6E ($6E_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.0000 ticks. Total Profit @ $562.50 dollars

Russell 2000 Emini TF Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ The ICE
S&P 500 Emini ES Futures: 1 tick or 0.25 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Light Crude Oil CL (WTI) Futures: 1 tick or 0.01 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Gold GC Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
EuroFX 6E Futures: 1 tick or 0.0001 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup

Trade Log: All of my trades were posted real-time in the timestamp ##TheStrategyLab free chat room. You can read today's price action trading information about my trades (e.g. time, price entry, contract size, price exit) as the trade traversed to its completion. Also, sometimes I'll post real-time trading tips in ##TheStrategyLab chat room involving WRBs, WRB Hidden GAPs, Key Market Events (KME), Tutorial Chapters 2 & 3, WRB Zones, Reaction Highs/Lows, Contracting Volatility or Expanding Volatility. Its all archived @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/ftchat/forum/viewtopic.php?f=149&t=2223

Quote:
All of my real-time posted trades involves price action concepts from the WRB Analysis free study guide, Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 4 - 12 and the Volatility Trading Report (VTR) trade signal strategies. Analysis -----> Trade Signals

Also, posted below are direct links to information about my price action trade methodology and trading plan (there's a difference between the two) that enables me to identify key trading areas in the price action that represent changes in supply/demand and volatility along with being able to exploit these changes via WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis). I'm primarily a day trader because it suits my personal lifestyle but I do occasionally swing trade and position trade. Simply, my trade method is applicable for position trading, swing trading and day trading.

Image ##TheStrategyLab Chat Room is free. Members and I use the chat room to post WRB Analysis commentary, real-time trades and to post anything else related to trading. The chat room helps me tremendously in my own trading because I use it to document (journal) general volatility analysis involving WRB Analysis so that I can easily review at a later date my thoughts as I interacted with the markets...info I can not get from my broker statements. Also, this is not a signal calling chat room where a head trader tells you when to buy or sell and I do not have the time/energy/resources to manage a signal calling chat room. Access instructions for chat room @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164

Image Price Action Analysis via Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/WRBAnalysisTutorials.htm and there's a free study guide of the WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1, 2 and 3 @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=718

Analysis -----> Trade Signals

Image Trade Signal Strategies via Volatility Trading Report (VTR) @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/VolatilityTrading.htm and there's a free trade signal strategy @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=89 so that you can freely test drive one of our price action trade strategies with support (answering your questions) prior to purchasing the Volatility Trading Report (VTR). All WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1 - 12 are included in the purchase of the Volatility Trading Report (VTR).

Image Daily Trading Plan Routine @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=277&t=2948 contains brief information about trading plan, market context, brokers, trading time frames, position size management and other discussions.

-----------------------------

Market Context Summaries

The below summaries by Bloomberg, Briefing, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance helps me to do a quick review of the fundamentals, FED/ECB/BOE/IMF actions or any important global economic events (e.g. Eurozone, MarketWatch.com) that had an impact on today's price action in many trading instruments I monitor during the trading day. Simply, I'm a strong believer that key market events causes key changes in supply/demand and volatility resulting in trade opportunities (swing points and strong continuation price actions) that reach profit targets. Thus, I pay attention to these key market events, intermarket analysis (e.g. Forex EurUsd, EuroFX 6E futures, Gold GC futures, Light Crude Oil (WTI) CL & Brent Oil futures, Eurex DAX futures, Euronext FTSE100 futures, Emini ES futures, Emini TF futures, Treasury ZB futures and U.S. Dollar Index futures) while using WRB Analysis from one trade to the next trade to give me the market context for price action trading before the appearance of my technical analysis trade signals. Therefore, I maintain these archives to allow me to understand what was happening on any given trading day in the past involving key market events to help better understand my trade decisions (day trading, swing trading, position trading)...something I can not get from my broker statements alone. Further, most financial websites remove (delete) their archives after a few years to make room for new content. Therefore, I maintain my own archives of the news content so that I have it available for me when financial websites no longer archives their content.

Attachment:
111915-Key-Price-Action-Markets.png
111915-Key-Price-Action-Markets.png [ 1.25 MiB | Viewed 259 times ]

click on the above image to view today's price action of key markets

3:10 pm: [BRIEFING.COM]

The dollar trended lower all session, being particularly pressured in early trade by the release of US unemployment data
Initial unemployment claims were in-line with estimates (271K vs. 272K est.), while continuing claims were slightly high (2.18 mln vs. 2.16 consensus)
The index modestly regained some of its early losses this afternoon, but is still down at -0.6% to 99.04
Oil traded positive overnight, before seeing a steep sell-off in early trading on yesterday's EIA inventory data figure (a 252K build) and a bearish stance reiteration from Goldman Sachs. The January contract traded in a relatively narrow range into the close, finishing -0.4% to $41.78/barrel
Natural gas trended near the flat-line going into this morning's data, and saw muted initial reaction upon EIA reports of a 15 bcf build (lower than the 49 bcf 4 wk avg)
Negative sentiment weighed more heavily as the session progressed however, with natural gas closing strongly lower at -3.4% to $2.27/MMBtu
Precious metals saw strong gains on the US employment data, most of which were held throughout the session. Gold closed +0.9% to $1078.1/oz and silver closed +0.9% to $14.95/oz. Copper closed near-flat at $2.07/lb

2:55 pm:

[BRIEFING.COM] The S&P 500 trades flat with one hour remaining in the session. The benchmark index has spent the entire trading day in the neighborhood of its flat line, but the final hour could feature a move towards either end of today's trading range considering eight sectors remain in positive territory while energy (-1.3%) and health care (-1.6%) continue trading well below their flat lines.

Interestingly, the energy sector has not been able to claw its way out of the red even though crude oil has climbed off its worst level of the day. The energy component ended the pit session lower by 0.5% at $40.54/bbl and that loss has been narrowed to 0.2% in electronic trade.

2:25 pm:

[BRIEFING.COM] Quiet afternoon action continues with the S&P 500 bouncing around an eight-point range that has been in effect since the early going. Despite today's sideways action, the benchmark index is on track to enter the Friday session with a weekly gain of 2.9%.

All ten sectors sport solid weekly gains at this time with the top-weighted technology sector leading the way. The sector has added 0.7% today, boosting its week-to-date advance to 3.6%. Elsewhere, the utilities sector has been limited to a more modest advance (+1.6%), which leaves the countercyclical sector at the bottom of today's leaderboard.

1:50 pm:

[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages continue trading in range-bound fashion with the S&P 500 hovering about a point above its flat line while the Nasdaq (+0.2%) remains ahead.

The tech-heavy Nasdaq has been able to overcome the relative weakness in biotechnology thanks to a solid showing from large cap components of the technology sector (+0.9%). Furthermore, high-beta chipmakers struggled in the early going, but they have overcome that weakness for the most part. As a result, the PHLX Semiconductor Index is higher by 0.7% at this juncture.

Elsewhere, Treasuries have ticked down from their highs, but the 10-yr yield remains lower by two basis points at 2.25%.

1:35 pm:

[BRIEFING.COM] The major U.S. indices have pushed higher in recent trade, setting new intra-day highs.

A look inside the Dow Jones Industrial Average shows that Intel (INTC 34.67, +1.51), Coca-Cola (KO 43.18, +0.90), and Cisco (CSCO 27.61, +0.49) are outperforming. Intel shares are charging higher midday after the company boosted its quarterly dividend and offered an early look at its FY16 expectations, saying it projects mid-single digits of revenue growth. Cisco shares are trending higher amid broad strength in tech.

Conversely, UnitedHealth Group (UNH 111.05, -6.20) is the worst-performing Dow component after lowering its FY15 earnings guidance due to continued deterioration in individual exchange-compliant product performance. The company also offered light FY16 guidance and said it has pulled back on its marketing efforts for individual exchange products in 2016.

Following yesterday's strong session, the DJIA is now clinging to gains for the month, up over 0.5%, but still shows losses in 2015, down 0.4%

12:55 pm:

[BRIEFING.COM] Equity indices trade near their flat lines after enduring an uneventful first half of the trading day. The S&P 500 hovers just above its flat line while the Nasdaq Composite (+0.2%) outperforms slightly.

The stock market began the trading day near its flat line and the first half of the session has featured an eight-point range in the S&P 500. The benchmark index has made a couple appearances above its flat line, but energy (-1.8%) and health care (-1.6%) have struggled since the early going, thus keeping the market under pressure.

The energy sector has lagged amid a 0.9% decline in crude oil, which has dropped to $41.58/bbl despite today's dollar weakness, which has the Dollar Index (98.95, -0.71) trading lower by 0.7% at this juncture.

Unlike energy, most of the remaining cyclical sectors have held their own while the top-weighted technology sector (+0.7%) sits ahead of its peers thanks to strength in large cap components.

Elsewhere, the health care sector (-1.6%) has retreated due to a 5.8% dive in the shares of UnitedHealth (UNH 110.50, -6.75) after the insurance giant lowered its guidance due to its exposure to public exchanges. Also of note, biotechnology has also faced some pressure, evidenced by a 1.6% slide in iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 333.27, -5.47), which is on track to snap its four-day streak.

Unlike stocks, Treasuries have inched higher throughout the day, pressuring the 10-yr yield four basis points to 2.24%.

Economic data reported today included Initial Claims, Philadelphia Fed Survey, and Leading Indicators:

The latest initial claims report didn't provide any real surprises as initial claims for the week ending November 14 fell by 5,000 to 271,000 (Briefing.com consensus 272,000) without any special factors driving the slight improvement
Continuing claims for the week ending November 7, meanwhile, dipped by 2,000 to 2.175 million (Briefing.com consensus 2.164 million)
The four-week moving average for initial claims bumped up to 271,000 from 268,000
Manufacturing conditions in the Philadelphia Fed region improved in November, evidenced by the General Business Activity Index rising to 1.9 from -4.5 in October while the Briefing.com consensus estimate called for a reading of -1.0
This was the first positive reading in three months
The dividing line between expansion and contraction for this particular survey is 0.0, so it can be said manufacturing activity in the Philadelphia Fed region is back in expansion territory, albeit only slightly
The Leading Indicators report for October was up 0.6%, which is what the Briefing.com consensus expected

12:30 pm:
Related Quotes

[BRIEFING.COM] Not much change in the market as the S&P 500 remains lower by 0.1% at this juncture.

Cyclical sectors fared relatively well in the early going, but most growth-sensitive groups are now in the red, leaving consumer discretionary (+0.2%) and technology (+0.6%) above their flat lines. The consumer discretionary sector owes its outperformance to homebuilders and restaurant names while retailers have struggled, evidenced by a 0.4% decline in the SPDR S&P Retail ETF (XRT 43.43, -0.18).

On a separate note, the Dollar Index (98.94, -0.71) has ticked up off its low, but the index remains down 0.7% with the euro rising 0.5% against the dollar to 1.0735.

11:55 am:

[BRIEFING.COM] Range-bound action continues with the S&P 500 (-0.2%) struggling to remain above its flat line as energy (-1.5%) and health care (-1.7%) sectors continue exerting pressure on the broader market. In addition, the heavily-weighted financial sector (-0.1%) is also in the red at this juncture.

As a result, only two cyclical sectors continue holding gains with consumer discretionary (+0.1%) hovering just above its flat line while technology (+0.5%) has been responsible for keeping the market relatively close to its flat line; however, the recent wave of selling has knocked the technology sector from its session high.

Elsewhere, Treasuries sit on their best levels of the day with the 10-yr yield down four basis points at 2.24%.

11:25 am:

[BRIEFING.COM] Equity indices have continued their sideways drift, ticking back into the green in recent action.

The flat standing in the S&P 500 has masked the fact that eight groups trade with gains while energy (-0.9%) and health care (-1.5%) continue showing notable weakness.

On the upside, the top-weighted technology sector (+0.6%) has climbed into the lead thanks to solid gains among large cap components like Apple (AAPL 118.64, +1.35), Alphabet (GOOGL 761.35, +1.34), Microsoft (MSFT 54.50, +0.65), and Qualcomm (QCOM 49.13, +1.13). The four names are up between 1.1% and 2.3% while chipmakers lag with the PHLX Semiconductor Index down 0.2%.

10:50 am:

[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages continue trading near their flat lines, but they are back in the red at this juncture as energy (-0.7%) and health care (-1.4%) continue pressuring the broader market.

As mentioned earlier, the health care sector has retreated following defensive guidance from UnitedHealth (UNH 113.00, -4.25), but biotechnology has not fared that much better, evidenced by a 1.3% decline in iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 334.30, -4.44).

On the upside, the utilities sector (+0.6%) holds the lead while other advancers sport slimmer gains. The utilities sector has benefitted from strength in Treasuries that has lowered the 10-yr yield by three basis points to 2.24%.

10:35 am: [BRIEFING.COM]

The dollar index has traded negative all session, and has bounced from the 99/level in recent trade to hover just above its LoD
US initial unemployment claims data released this morning were in-line (271K vs. 272K est.), while continuing claims were modestly higher than expected.
The index saw a gradual sell-off from the release of the data, now standing at -0.5% to 99.19, while precious metals-which were already trading green for the session- spiked higher and are now holding strong gains. Gold is now +1.2% to $1082/oz and silver is +1.7% to $14.32/oz
Oil traded higher overnight, before seeing selling-pressure in early trade on yesterday's EIA inventory data and Goldman Sachs' reiteration of a bearish view toward supply in WTI. January crude is currently holding moderate losses at -0.8% to $41.61/barrel
Natural gas trended in the red for a majority of the morning, before gradually rallying to the flat-line ahead of the release of EIA inventory data
Upon release of the storage report, which showed an inventory build of 15 bcf, natural gas saw muted reaction and is now +0.1% to $2.35/MMBtu
Copper is near flat at +0.1% to $2.08/lb

10:00 am:

[BRIEFING.COM] The S&P 500 has erased its opening decline, trading just above its flat line.

Just released, the Leading Indicators report for October was up 0.6%, which is what the Briefing.com consensus expected.

9:40 am:

[BRIEFING.COM] Equity indices have spent the initial minutes of the session near their flat lines with the S&P 500 (unch) hovering just below the unchanged level while the Nasdaq Composite had displayed some relative strength before joining the S&P 500 in the red.

Six of ten sectors hold opening gains with consumer staples (+0.5%) and utilities (+0.4%) in the lead while energy (-0.6%) and health care (-1.0%) lag notably. The health care sector has been pressured by UnitedHealth (UNH 110.76, -6.49) as the stock trades lower by 5.5% after cutting its guidance.

Elsewhere, Treasuries sit on their highs with the 10-yr yield down three basis points at 2.24%.

The October Leading Indicators report will be released at 10:00 ET (Briefing.com consensus 0.6%).

9:08 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +1.50. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +6.00.

The stock market is on track for a modestly higher open with S&P 500 futures trading two points above fair value after backing away from pre-market highs that were notched about two hours ago.

Broadly speaking, index futures have traded in a narrow range while global equity markets have advanced, taking the lead from yesterday's surge on Wall Street. The pre-market advance in futures has not been interrupted by today's economic data, which was a bit better than expected. The weekly Initial Claims count fell to 271,000 from 276,000 (Briefing.com consensus 272,000) while the Philadelphia Fed Survey for November rose to 1.9 from -4.5 (consensus -1.0).

One more data point will be released today with the Leading Indicators report for October set to cross at 10:00 ET (Briefing.com consensus 0.6%).

On the corporate front, Best Buy (BBY 29.56, -1.77) is on track to open lower by 5.7% after its bottom-line beat was overshadowed by flat domestic revenue guidance for Q4. Elsewhere, Salesforce.com (CRM 81.25, +3.90) has spiked 5.0% in pre-market after beating estimates and guiding fiscal-year 2016 earnings and revenue ahead of analyst expectations.

Treasuries hold modest gains with the 10-yr yield down two basis points at 2.25%.

8:55 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +2.30. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +8.80.

The S&P 500 futures trade two points above fair value.

Asian equity markets benefited from the upward momentum that accelerated after the release of the Fed Minutes yesterday afternoon. As a result, just about all regional markets ended solidly in positive territory. Starting in Japan, the Bank of Japan gave the market no real surprises after it left its monetary policy unchanged. Although this was generally expected, there was some speculation (or hope) that the central bank may provide a shock after Japan's latest GDP reading (released earlier this week) indicated the nation fell back into its second recession in as many years. Elsewhere, the Shanghai Composite posted a gain of 1.4%, shrugging off any concerns from the weak export data out of Japan. Not to be outdone by the rest of the world's central banks, the PBoC made a small move overnight with its cut of 7-day and overnight standing lending facilities (to 3.25% and 7.25%, respectively). It should be noted, however, that this is not one of the central bank's key rates and is typically used to boost lending to small companies.

In economic data:
Japan's October adjusted trade balance --JPY200 billion (expected --JPY380 billion; previous --JPY310 billion) as Imports -13.4% year-over-year (consensus -8.6%; last -11.1%) and Exports -2.1% year-over-year, as expected (prior 0.6%)
South Korea's October PPI -0.6% month-over-month (last -0.4%); -4.5% year-over-year (last -4.6%)
New Zealand's Q3 Input PPI +1.6% quarter-over-quarter (expected 0.1%; previous -0.3%) and Q3 Output PPI +1.3% quarter-over-quarter (consensus 0.2%; last -0.2%)

------

Japan's Nikkei increased 1.0%. The Nikkei shot up earlier in the day in the wake of the Bank of Japan's decision to leave its monetary policy unchanged, and really never looked back. After the first half hour of trading, the index remained in a relatively tight range, with only a short lived dip just past midsession. Technology (+1.7%) and Consumer Discretionary (+1.5%) names outpaced the broader market. Panasonic closed up 1.2% after the co announced it would begin to sell new OLED TVs in next year. Also of note, Tokio Marine Holdings posted a 1.5% gain after the company released its half-year results
Hong Kong's Hang Seng rose 1.4% and finished at its highs in a session that saw a fairly right range. Trading in the afternoon was accented by a steady bid, pushing the index to just over the 22,500 threshold. Among the notable gainers, Greentown China rose 6.2% after the company announced plans to form a new joint venture operation. On the flip side, China Resources Gas Group fell by 1.8% after the NDRC lowered its forecast for natural gas prices.
China's Shanghai Composite advanced by 1.4%. The index opened only modestly higher and saw a rather quiet session which saw the index a few points under water at the mid-day break. However, participants bought the dip, with momentum accelerating into the close to finish at the highs. Among the movers today, Bank of Beijing was limit up (+10.0%) after the lender got a boost from the company specific RRR cut by the PBOC earlier in the week.

Major European indices trade higher across the board with Germany's DAX (+1.3%) showing relative strength. The European Central Bank released the minutes from its latest meeting, revealing some concern among policymakers that the current quantitative easing program may be insufficient to boost regional inflation. The euro has retreated about 30 pips against the dollar, with the pair slipping to 1.0685.

Participants received several data points:
Eurozone September Current Account EUR29.40 billion (expected EUR18.30 billion; previous EUR18.70 billion)
UK's October Retail Sales -0.6% month-over-month (consensus -0.5%; last 1.7%); +3.8% year-over-year (consensus 4.2%; previous 6.2%). Separately, October Core Retail Sales -0.9% month-over-month (expected -0.5%; prior 1.5%); +3.0% year-over-year (consensus 3.9%; last 5.7%). Also of note November CBI Industrial Trends Orders -11 (expected -10; last -18)
Swiss October Trade Balance CHF4.16 billion (expected CHF3.40 billion; previous CHF3.25 billion)

------

France's CAC trades up 0.5% with Veolia Environnement, Technip, and Accor in the lead. The three names are all up near 1.8% apiece. Financials also outperform with Credit Agricole and Societe Generale both up near 1.4%.
UK's FTSE is higher by 1.0% with roughly 90% of its components trading in the green. Miners have shown relative strength with BHP Billiton, Glencore, Rio Tinto, and Randgold Resources up between 2.0% and 3.3%. On the downside, homebuilders lag with Taylor Wimpey and Barratt Developments lower by 0.9% and 0.2%, respectively.
Germany's DAX has climbed 1.3% amid broad strength. Lufthansa leads with a 3.5% gain while Volkswagen, Daimler, and BMW have added between 1.1% and 3.1%.

8:32 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +4.80. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +13.90.

The S&P 500 futures trade five points above fair value.

The latest weekly initial jobless claims count totaled 271,000 while the Briefing.com consensus expected a reading of 272,000. Today's tally was below the unrevised prior week count of 276,000. As for continuing claims, they fell to 2.175 million from 2.177 million.

Separately, the Philadelphia Fed Survey for November rose to 1.9 from -4.5 while economists polled by Briefing.com had expected an uptick to -1.0.

8:00 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +4.10. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +15.50.

U.S. equity futures hold modest pre-market gains amid upbeat action overseas with the S&P 500 futures hovering four points above fair value.

Similar to equity futures, Treasuries hold slim gains with the 10-yr yield down two basis points at 2.25%.

Weekly Initial Claims (Briefing.com consensus 272,000) will be reported at 8:30 ET while the October Leading Indicators report (consensus 0.6%) and the November Philadelphia Fed Survey (expected -1.0) will be released at 10:00 ET.

In U.S. corporate news of note:

Best Buy (BBY 28.40, -2.93): -9.4% after its bottom-line beat was overshadowed by flat domestic revenue guidance for Q4.
Salesforce.com (CRM 81.98, +4.63): +6.0% after beating estimates and guiding fiscal-year 2016 earnings and revenue ahead of analyst expectations.
Keurig Green Mountain (GMCR 48.00, +7.50): +18.5% in reaction to better than expected results and cautious guidance. Also of note, the company raised its annualized dividend by 13.0% to $1.30/share.
Weibo (WB 18.85, +1.18): +6.7% after beating earnings and revenue expectations.
JinkoSolar (JKS 22.95, -2.10): -8.4% despite beating earnings and revenue estimates.

Reviewing overnight developments:

Asian markets ended higher. Hong Kong's Hang Seng +1.4%, China's Shanghai Composite +1.4%, and Japan's Nikkei +1.1%
In economic data:
Japan's October adjusted trade balance -JPY200 billion (expected -JPY380 billion; previous -JPY310 billion) as Imports -13.4% year-over-year (consensus -8.6%; last -11.1%) and Exports -2.1% year-over-year, as expected (prior 0.6%)
South Korea's October PPI -0.6% month-over-month (last -0.4%); -4.5% year-over-year (last -4.6%)
New Zealand's Q3 Input PPI +1.6% quarter-over-quarter (expected 0.1%; previous -0.3%) and Q3 Output PPI +1.3% quarter-over-quarter (consensus 0.2%; last -0.2%)
Among news of note:
The Bank of Japan made no changes to its policy stance, keeping its key interest rate at 0.10%, as expected

Major European indices trade higher across the board. France's CAC +0.6%, UK's FTSE +1.2%, and Germany's DAX +1.4%. Elsewhere, Italy's MIB +0.4% and Spain's IBEX +1.0%
Participants received several data points:
Eurozone September Current Account EUR29.40 billion (expected EUR18.30 billion; previous EUR18.70 billion)
UK's October Retail Sales -0.6% month-over-month (consensus -0.5%; last 1.7%); +3.8% year-over-year (consensus 4.2%; previous 6.2%). Separately, October Core Retail Sales -0.9% month-over-month (expected -0.5%; prior 1.5%); +3.0% year-over-year (consensus 3.9%; last 5.7%). Also of note November CBI Industrial Trends Orders -11 (expected -10; last -18)
Swiss October Trade Balance CHF4.16 billion (expected CHF3.40 billion; previous CHF3.25 billion)
In news:
The European Central Bank released the minutes from its latest meeting, revealing some concern among policymakers that the current quantitative easing program may be insufficient to boost regional inflation

5:48 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +7.00. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +16.60.

5:48 am: [BRIEFING.COM] Nikkei...19859.81...+210.60...+1.10%. Hang Seng...22500.22...+312.00...+1.40%.

5:48 am: [BRIEFING.COM] FTSE...6363.56...+84.60...+1.40%. DAX...11140.15...+180.20...+1.60%.

Special thanks to Bloomberg, Briefing, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance for their market summaries. gm

Best Regards,
M.A. Perry
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
Image@ http://twitter.com/wrbtrader Image@ http://stocktwits.com/wrbtrader

http://www.thestrategylab.com
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
Skype Messenger: kebec2002
wrbanalysis@gmail.com