TheStrategyLab.com Price Action Trading Support Forum

Forum for price action traders that want to learn WRB Analysis basic tutorial chapters 1, 2 and 3 prior to purchasing our advance trade methods. Hashtags: #wrbanalysis #wrbzone #wrbhiddengap #priceaction #trading
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: November 16th Monday Trade Results - Profit $3000.00
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:48 am 
Site Admin

Trade Results of M.A. Perry
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
Price Action Trading (no technical indicators)
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
Free Chat Room: http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164
Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
wrbanalysis@gmail.com (24/7)
http://twitter.com/wrbtrader (24/7)

Attachment:
111615-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-PnL-Blotter-Profit+3000.00.png
111615-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-PnL-Blotter-Profit+3000.00.png [ 94.81 KiB | Viewed 302 times ]

click on the above image to view today's performance verification

Price Action Trade Performance for Today: Emini TF ($TF_F) futures @ $00.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Emini ES ($ES_F) futures @ $3000.00 dollars or +60.00 points, Light Crude Oil CL ($CL_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Gold GC ($GC_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points and EuroFX 6E ($6E_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.0000 ticks. Total Profit @ $3000.00 dollars

Russell 2000 Emini TF Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ The ICE
S&P 500 Emini ES Futures: 1 tick or 0.25 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Light Crude Oil CL (WTI) Futures: 1 tick or 0.01 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Gold GC Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
EuroFX 6E Futures: 1 tick or 0.0001 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup

Trade Log: All of my trades were posted real-time in the timestamp ##TheStrategyLab free chat room. You can read today's price action trading information about my trades (e.g. time, price entry, contract size, price exit) as the trade traversed to its completion. Also, sometimes I'll post real-time trading tips in ##TheStrategyLab chat room involving WRBs, WRB Hidden GAPs, Key Market Events (KME), Tutorial Chapters 2 & 3, WRB Zones, Reaction Highs/Lows, Contracting Volatility or Expanding Volatility. Its all archived @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/ftchat/forum/viewtopic.php?f=149&t=2220

Quote:
All of my real-time posted trades involves price action concepts from the WRB Analysis free study guide, Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 4 - 12 and the Volatility Trading Report (VTR) trade signal strategies. Analysis -----> Trade Signals

Also, posted below are direct links to information about my price action trade methodology and trading plan (there's a difference between the two) that enables me to identify key trading areas in the price action that represent changes in supply/demand and volatility along with being able to exploit these changes via WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis). I'm primarily a day trader because it suits my personal lifestyle but I do occasionally swing trade and position trade. Simply, my trade method is applicable for position trading, swing trading and day trading.

Image ##TheStrategyLab Chat Room is free. Members and I use the chat room to post WRB Analysis commentary, real-time trades and to post anything else related to trading. The chat room helps me tremendously in my own trading because I use it to document (journal) general volatility analysis involving WRB Analysis so that I can easily review at a later date my thoughts as I interacted with the markets...info I can not get from my broker statements. Also, this is not a signal calling chat room where a head trader tells you when to buy or sell and I do not have the time/energy/resources to manage a signal calling chat room. Access instructions for chat room @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164

Image Price Action Analysis via Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/WRBAnalysisTutorials.htm and there's a free study guide of the WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1, 2 and 3 @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=718

Analysis -----> Trade Signals

Image Trade Signal Strategies via Volatility Trading Report (VTR) @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/VolatilityTrading.htm and there's a free trade signal strategy @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=89 so that you can freely test drive one of our price action trade strategies with support (answering your questions) prior to purchasing the Volatility Trading Report (VTR). All WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1 - 12 are included in the purchase of the Volatility Trading Report (VTR).

Image Daily Trading Plan Routine @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=277&t=2948 contains brief information about trading plan, market context, brokers, trading time frames, position size management and other discussions.

-----------------------------

Market Context Summaries

The below summaries by Bloomberg, Briefing, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance helps me to do a quick review of the fundamentals, FED/ECB/BOE/IMF actions or any important global economic events (e.g. Eurozone, MarketWatch.com) that had an impact on today's price action in many trading instruments I monitor during the trading day. Simply, I'm a strong believer that key market events causes key changes in supply/demand and volatility resulting in trade opportunities (swing points and strong continuation price actions) that reach profit targets. Thus, I pay attention to these key market events, intermarket analysis (e.g. Forex EurUsd, EuroFX 6E futures, Gold GC futures, Light Crude Oil (WTI) CL & Brent Oil futures, Eurex DAX futures, Euronext FTSE100 futures, Emini ES futures, Emini TF futures, Treasury ZB futures and U.S. Dollar Index futures) while using WRB Analysis from one trade to the next trade to give me the market context for price action trading before the appearance of my technical analysis trade signals. Therefore, I maintain these archives to allow me to understand what was happening on any given trading day in the past involving key market events to help better understand my trade decisions (day trading, swing trading, position trading)...something I can not get from my broker statements alone. Further, most financial websites remove (delete) their archives after a few years to make room for new content. Therefore, I maintain my own archives of the news content so that I have it available for me when financial websites no longer archives their content.

Attachment:
111615-Key-Price-Action-Markets.png
111615-Key-Price-Action-Markets.png [ 1.62 MiB | Viewed 268 times ]

click on the above image to view today's price action of key markets

4:05 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] The stock market began the trading week with a broad-based rally, which unfolded after a range-bound start to the trading day. The S&P 500 gained 1.5% while the Nasdaq Composite (+1.2%) underperformed throughout the session.

Overnight, it was reported that the Japanese economy has re-entered recession for the second time in as many years as Q3 GDP contracted 0.2% quarter-over-quarter (expected -0.1%; last -0.3%), according to the preliminary reading. Naturally, that news was met with hopes for more monetary support from the Bank of Japan, which boosted global equities while the yen retreated, sending the dollar/yen pair higher by 0.5% to 123.20. That being said, Japan's Nikkei could not stay in the green, falling 1.0%.

Once the focus turned to the U.S., stocks began the day with slim losses, but the opening weakness was erased promptly. The S&P 500 spent the first two hours of the day just above its flat line, but the index extended its gain during the afternoon with the energy sector (+3.3%) setting the pace.

The energy space extended its lead during afternoon action, aided by a 2.5% spike in crude oil, which put a sizable dent into last week's 8.2% decline. For its part, the energy sector was able to erase almost half of its 5.5% drop from last week.

Unlike energy, the remaining cyclical groups settled behind the broader market with the top-weighted technology sector (+1.4%) ending just behind the benchmark index. Large cap sector components had a solid showing throughout the day while chipmakers rallied into the close with the PHLX Semiconductor Index ending higher by 1.3%.

Elsewhere, financials (+1.3%) and consumer discretionary (+1.2%) spent the morning below their flat lines, but their early losses were a distant memory by the close. Notably, the discretionary sector advanced with homebuilders and retailers overshadowing losses in travel booking names like Expedia (EXPE 122.53, -2.67) and Priceline (PCLN 1266.87, -30.88). The pair lost 2.1% and 2.4%, respectively, following weekend terrorist attacks in Paris.

Staying in the discretionary sector, Urban Outfitters (URBN 22.67, -1.82) lost 7.4% ahead of its quarterly report with today's decline following eyebrow-raising news that the company acquired The Vetri Family group of restaurants. In other M&A news of note, Starwood Hotels (HOT 72.27, -2.72) agreed to be acquired by Marriott (MAR 73.72, +0.98) for $72.08/share.

Treasuries held gains during overnight action, but they returned to unchanged by the close with the 10-yr yield ending at 2.27%.

Investor participation was essentially in line with average as more than 830 million shares changed hands at the NYSE floor.

Today's economic data was limited to the Empire Manufacturing Survey for November, which registered a reading of -10.7. That was above the prior month's reading of -11.4, but below the Briefing.com consensus estimate, which was pegged at -6.0.

Tomorrow, October CPI (Briefing.com consensus 0.2%) will be reported at 8:30 ET, October Industrial Production (expected 0.1%) will be announced at 9:15 ET, and the November NAHB Housing Market Index (consensus 64.5) will be released at 10:00 ET.

Nasdaq Composite +5.3% YTD
S&P 500 -0.3% YTD
Dow Jones Industrial Average -1.9% YTD
Russell 2000 -3.8% YTD

3:45 pm: [BRIEFING.COM]

Oil prices show a strong reversal, back above $42/barrel
WTI crude oil futures were sliding lower this morning, but after failing to break below the $40/barrel level, Dec crude reversed and ended the day +2.5% at $41.70/barrel
Dec nat gas posted some gains as well, closing +1.3% at $2.39/MMBtu
Precious metals post modest gains despite the strength seen in the dollar index
Dec gold gained +0.3% to $1083.70/oz, while Dec silver +0.3% at $14.23/oz
Copper dropped -2% today to close at $2.12/lb (Dec)

2:55 pm:

[BRIEFING.COM] The S&P 500 trades higher by 1.1% with one hour remaining in the session. The benchmark index spent the first two hours of the trading day in close proximity to its flat line, but a broad-based rally has followed, lifting the market to a fresh session high.

Today's advance in equities has lured some money out of the bond market as Treasuries trade flat after giving up their overnight gains. This puts the 10-yr yield back at 2.27% after testing the 2.24% level overnight.

Also of note, today's rally has caused some to reduce their hedges, evidenced by the CBOE Volatility Index (VIX 18.52, -1.56), which has erased its spike from Friday.

2:25 pm:

[BRIEFING.COM] Recent action saw the S&P 500 extend its gain to 1.0% with all ten sectors inching up off their afternoon levels. Most notably, the energy sector has extended its gain to 2.4% while crude oil is now higher by 3.4% at $42.16/bbl with the pit close approaching.

Crude oil and the energy sector struggled notably last week, but today's rebound has put a significant dent in last week's losses. Recall that the energy sector fell 5.5% last week while crude oil surrendered more than 8.0%.

Elsewhere, the other commodity-related sector-materials (+1.0%)-trades right in line with the broader market.

1:55 pm:

[BRIEFING.COM] Equity indices sit near their best levels of the day with the S&P 500 (+0.8%) remaining well ahead of the Nasdaq Composite (+0.4%).

All ten sectors are now in the green, including the consumer discretionary space (+0.4%), which had spent the first half of the trading day in negative territory. However, the sector has been able to rally behind homebuilder shares, evidenced by a 1.4% gain in the iShares Dow Jones US Home Construction ETF (ITB 27.18, +0.38). That strength has partially overshadowed considerable losses among travel booking sites. To that point, Expedia (EXPE 121.99, -3.21) and Priceline (PCLN 1253.00, -44.75) hold respective losses of 2.7% and 3.5%.

1:35 pm:

[BRIEFING.COM] The major U.S. indices have continued to rally since our last update and are currently at their session highs

A look inside the Dow Jones Industrial Average shows that Chevron (CVX 90.23, +2.62), Exxon Mobil (XOM 79.74, +1.64), and UnitedHealth Group (UNH 113.70, +2.29) are outperforming. Chevron and Exxon are leading the Dow higher, benefiting from a rally in the energy sector as crude oil futures recover from early weakness and are up over 2%.

Conversely, Pfizer (PFE 32.95, -0.32) is the worst-performing Dow component following an FT article this weekend discussing fears the government may attempt to block its anticipated merger with Allergan (AGN 299.91, +0.28), which FT, citing sources, said is expected to be finalized before December.

With today's rally, the DJIA is now down just 1.6% this month, and 2.5% year-to-date.

12:55 pm:

[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages hover near their highs at midday with the Dow Jones Industrial Average (+0.6%) and S&P 500 (+0.6%) showing solid gains while the Nasdaq Composite (+0.2%) has displayed relative weakness since the opening bell.

The first half of the Monday session has been relatively quiet with stocks trading inside narrow ranges after erasing their opening losses. Countercyclical groups display relative strength with consumer staples (+1.0%), telecom services (+1.4%), and utilities (+0.9%) trading in the lead while another defensively-oriented group-health care (+0.2%)-underperforms due to relative weakness in biotechnology. The iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 319.32, -4.32) is lower by 1.3%, which has kept the Nasdaq Composite behind the broader market.

That being said, the Nasdaq has been able to stay out of the red thanks to a solid gain in the technology sector (+0.6%). The top-weighted group has been underpinned by large cap components like Apple (AAPL 113.22, +0.88) and Microsoft (MSFT 53.48, +0.64) while chipmakers hold slimmer gains with the PHLX Semiconductor Index trading higher by 0.5%.

Elsewhere among cyclical sectors, the energy space (+1.4%) trades well ahead of the broader market after surrendering 5.5% last week. Crude oil has contributed to today's strength as the energy component trades up 1.1% at $41.20/bbl.

Also of note, today's session has featured some M&A news with Starwood Hotels (HOT 70.82, -4.17) agreeing to be acquired by Marriott (MAR 72.43, -0.31) for $72.08/share while Constellation Brands (STZ 134.18, +1.98) will acquire Ballast Point Brewing & Spirits.

Treasuries have held modest gains since the start and they remain in the green with the 10-yr yield down two basis points at 2.25%.

Today's economic data was limited to the Empire Manufacturing Survey for November, which registered a reading of -10.7. That was above the prior month's reading of -11.4, but below the Briefing.com consensus estimate, which was pegged at -6.0.

12:25 pm:

[BRIEFING.COM] Not much change in the market as the key indices remain near their recent levels. The S&P 500 trades higher by 0.4% after spending the past two hours in an eight-point range.

Countercyclical sectors paced the rebound off opening lows, but a few cyclical groups have also shown strength with energy (+1.0%), industrials (+0.6%), and technology (+0.5%) trading ahead of the broader market at this juncture.

The energy sector outperforms amid a 0.7% gain in crude oil, which has climbed to $41.01/bbl. Meanwhile, the industrial sector outperforms despite relative weakness in transport names. The Dow Jones Transportation Average is lower by 0.6% with airline stocks showing broad losses. Delta Air Lines (DAL 47.24, -1.75) has surrendered 3.6%, trading behind its peers.

11:55 am:

[BRIEFING.COM] The S&P 500 (+0.3%) continues hanging onto a slim gain while the Dow Jones Industrial Average (+0.4%) outperforms slightly with all but eight components trading in the green.

Meanwhile, ten components of the price-weighted Dow show gains of 1.0% or more with UnitedHealth (UNH 113.84, +2.43) showing relative strength. The stock has climbed 2.2% while Chevron (CVX 89.11, +1.50) and Cisco Systems (CSCO 26.68, +0.47) follow with respective gains of 1.8% apiece.

On the downside, Pfizer (PFE 33.00, -0.27) is the weakest performer, trading lower by 0.8% at this juncture.

11:25 am:

[BRIEFING.COM] Not much change in the market as the S&P 500 (+0.2%) hovers just above its flat line while the Nasdaq Composite (-0.3%) remains pressured by the underperforming biotechnology group. To that point, the iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 318.25, -5.39) is lower by 1.7% while the broader health care sector (+0.2%) remains in positive territory thanks to gains in large pharmaceutical names like Abbot Labs (ABT 44.28, +0.32) and Baxter (BAX 37.62, +0.05).

The health care sector has kept pace with the broader market while the remaining countercyclical groups outperform with consumer staples, utilities, and telecom services showing gains between 0.8% and 1.2%. The telecom services space leads amid a 1.3% gain in the shares of AT&T (T 32.73, +0.42).

11:00 am:

[BRIEFING.COM] Equity indices hover near their early highs with the S&P 500 trading up 0.2%.

Eight sectors trade in the green at this juncture with materials (+0.7%) and energy (+0.7%) holding the lead after struggling last week. Similarly, most other cyclical sectors also trade in the green while consumer discretionary (-0.3%) and financials (-0.2%) remain in negative territory.

Elsewhere, Treasuries continue holding slim gains after sliding from their overnight highs. The 10-yr yield remains lower by a basis point at 2.26% after testing the 2.24% level in the early morning hours.

10:35 am: [BRIEFING.COM]

The dollar trended modestly positive overnight, and has seen a small extension of those early gains in recent trade.
The index is eyeing tomorrow's US CPI data as a probable catalyst for price action, with estimates calling for October CPI of +0.2%
The dollar is holding now holding gains of +0.5% to 99.36
Crude oil traded positive over the weekend, catching a tail-wind from increased geo-political concerns, speculating on potential supply disruption in the Middle East.
The December contract trended as high as $41.85/barrel before seeing a strong reversal, which has pressed WTI to negatives for the session.
Oil is now near its LoD and holding losses of -1.3% to $40.23/barrel
Natural Gas is holding strong gains at +0.3% to $2.37/MMBtu, bouncing back from last week's losses- driven by a 32nd straight week of storage builds
Precious metals trended positive over the weekend, benefiting from risk-off trades driven by increased geo-political tensions. Recent trade however has seen a pullback from session highs, with Gold at +0.3% to $1,084.50/oz and silver at -0.1% to $14.19/oz
Copper is booking strong losses as the market continues to focus on decreased demand out of China. Bearish commentary out of Arc Resources CEO has highlighted the metal's trading- with that company's estimates calling a 10% reduction in Chinese shipments in 2016. The December contract is now -2.5% to $2.11/lb

9:55 am:

[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages have climbed to new highs with the S&P 500 now up 0.4% while the Nasdaq Composite (+0.1%) remains behind.

The tech-heavy Nasdaq has struggled to keep pace in the early going due to relative weakness in biotechnology. To that point, the iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 321.68, -1.96) is lower by 0.6%. Interestingly, the underperformance has not stopped the health care sector (+0.4%) from remaining in the green.

On the downside, the consumer discretionary sector (-0.1%) remains below its flat line.

9:40 am:

[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages began the trading day in negative territory, but they have climbed off their opening levels. The S&P 500 is higher by 0.2% while the Nasdaq (unch) underperforms.

Eight of ten sectors display early gains with energy (+1.0%) and health care (+0.5%) showing opening strength while consumer discretionary (-0.3%) and financials (-0.1%) lag.

Elsewhere, Treasuries continue hovering in the green with the 10-yr yield down two basis points at 2.25%.

9:11 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: -3.00. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -4.90.

The stock market is on track for a flat open with S&P 500 futures trading within three points of fair value after climbing off their overnight lows. Index futures have made their way higher alongside markets in Europe, but the move has leveled off near the unchanged level in S&P 500 futures.

That being said, the trading week is set to begin on a very quiet note with today's economic data limited to the Empire Manufacturing Survey for November, which registered a reading of -10.7. That was above the prior month's reading of -11.4, but below the Briefing.com consensus estimate, which was pegged at -6.0.

Similarly, corporate news has been very limited, but it is worth noting that Starwood Hotels (HOT 70.80, -4.02) has agreed to be acquired by Marriott (MAR 71.26, -1.48) for $72.08/share, representing a 3.9% discount to Friday's closing price.

Treasuries have backed away from their highs, but they continue holding gains with the 10-yr yield down two basis points at 2.25%.

8:58 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: -2.50. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -5.00.

The S&P 500 futures trade three points below fair value.

Asian equity markets began the week on a mixed note. There was an initial move to "safe-havens" with gold moving up ~0.5%, while the yen saw some strength early on. However, that strength was short-lived as the yen slid after Japan released its Q3 preliminary GDP, which confirmed the economy's descent into a recession for the second time in the past 2 years. The fall in the yen after the release likely represented the bias that the BOJ would take additional stimulus measures to help support the economy. The Nikkei did not see much benefit, closing down 1.0%.

In economic data:
Japan's Q3 GDP -0.2% quarter-over-quarter (expected -0.1%; last -0.3%); -0.8% year-over-year (consensus -0.2%; last -1.2%). Separately, Q3 Capital Expenditure -1.3% quarter-over-quarter (expected -0.4%; last -0.9%) and GDP Price Index +2.0% year-over-year (consensus 1.7%; last 1.5%)
India's October WPI Inflation -3.81% year-over-year (consensus -3.88%; previous -4.54%)
Australia's October New Motor Vehicle Sales -3.6% month-over-month (last 5.9%)
South Korea's October Trade Surplus held at KRW6.70 billion, as expected. October Imports declined 16.6%, as expected (prior -16.6%) while Exports fell 15.9% (consensus -15.8%; previous -15.8%)
New Zealand's Q3 Retail Sales +1.6% quarter-over-quarter (expected 1.3%; previous 0.1%) while core Retail Sales +1.0% quarter-over-quarter (consensus 1.4%; prior 0.0%)

------

Japan's Nikkei declined 1.0%. The Nikkei had been down over 1.5% lower earlier in the day, and managed to claw back by 0.5% by mid-session. But the index was relatively capped at that point, with a tight trading range for the duration of the day. Energy was the only sector to close positive on the day, with a 2.3% gain. Consumer Discretionary underperformed the broader market by 1.6%, while IT (-1.4%) and Materials (-1.1%) also lagged.
Hong Kong's Hang Seng declined 1.7% and finished at its lows in a seesaw session. Trading in the afternoon was accented by a steady downtrend in the market, with losses in the financial and gaming groups weighing. Among the notable gaming stocks that were hit due to concerns after the terror attacks were Sands China and Galaxy Entertainment, both both finishing the session down ~2.6%. On that same chip, air carriers were also down, with Air China closing 3.7% lower, China Southern Air was not far behind at -3.5%
China's Shanghai Composite rose 0.7% after being down 1.5% shortly after the start of trading. Participants bought the dip, bringing the Mainland index to just around the unchanged level. More aggressive buying emerged in the final hour to tip the market back into positive territory. Bucking the trend of the broader market were Brokerage stocks, which saw selling pressure after regulators increased margin deposite requirements on new trading accounts, to be effective at the beginning of next week. Of the brokerage names, CITIC Securities and Haitong Securities fell 3.3% and 3.0%, respectively, in response to the news.

Major European indices trade in mixed fashion with UK's FTSE (+0.3%) showing relative strength. European stocks lurched lower at the start in reaction to the weekend terrorist attacks in Paris, but the early weakness has been retraced. Meanwhile, the euro is lower by about 0.4% against the dollar, trading near 1.0735.

Economic data was limited:
Eurozone October CPI +0.1%, as expected; +0.1% year-over-year (expected 0.0%; previous 0.0%). Separately, Core CPI +1.1% year-over-year (consensus 1.0%; last 1.0%)

------

UK's FTSE is higher by 0.3% with roughly half of its components in the green. Growth-sensitive names lead with Royal Dutch Shell, BG Group, Antofagasta, and Randgold Resources up between 1.5% and 3.0%. On the downside, airlines have struggled with TUI and International Consolidated Airlines down 4.3% and 2.5%, respectively.
Germany's DAX trades up 0.1% amid strength in cyclical names. Volkswagen, Thyssenkrupp, and K+S are up between 2.0% and 3.0% while Commerzbank and Deutsche Bank lag, showing losses of 0.3 apiece.
In France, the CAC trades down 0.4%. Financials and consumer names have struggled with BNP Paribas, Credit Agricole, Societe Generale, Accor, Louis Vuitton, and Kering down between 1.1% and 5.2%. On the flip side, Total has climbed 1.6%.

8:31 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +1.40. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +1.80.

The S&P 500 futures remain one point above fair value.

The Empire Manufacturing Survey for November registered a reading of -10.7, which was above the prior month's reading of -11.4, but below the Briefing.com consensus estimate, which was pegged at -6.0.

7:57 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +3.50. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +8.10.

U.S. equity futures trade near their pre-market highs amid subdued action overseas. The S&P 500 futures hover four points above fair value after climbing off their lows shortly before the start of the European session.

Similarly, Treasuries hold modest gains with the 10-yr yield down one basis point at 2.26%.

Today's economic data will be limited to the 8:30 ET release of the Empire Manufacturing Index for November (Briefing.com consensus -6.0).

In U.S. corporate news of note:

Starwood Hotels (HOT 70.80, -4.02): -5.4% after agreeing to be acquired by Marriott (MAR 71.26, -1.48) for $72.08/share, representing a 3.9% discount to Friday's closing price.
JD.com (JD 26.85, +0.10): +0.4% after above-consensus Q4 revenue guidance overshadowed a bottom-line miss.
Perrigo (PRGO 149.90, +3.00): +2.0% after UBS upgraded the stock to 'Buy' from 'Neutral.'

Reviewing overnight developments:

Asian markets ended mostly lower. Hong Kong's Hang Seng -1.7%, Japan's Nikkei -1.0%, and China's Shanghai Composite +0.7%
In economic data:
Japan's Q3 GDP -0.2% quarter-over-quarter (expected -0.1%; last -0.3%); -0.8% year-over-year (consensus -0.2%; last -1.2%). Separately, Q3 Capital Expenditure -1.3% quarter-over-quarter (expected -0.4%; last -0.9%) and GDP Price Index +2.0% year-over-year (consensus 1.7%; last 1.5%)
India's October WPI Inflation -3.81% year-over-year (consensus -3.88%; previous -4.54%)
Australia's October New Motor Vehicle Sales -3.6% month-over-month (last 5.9%)
South Korea's October Trade Surplus held at KRW6.70 billion, as expected. October Imports declined 16.6%, as expected (prior -16.6%) while Exports fell 15.9% (consensus -15.8%; previous -15.8%)
New Zealand's Q3 Retail Sales +1.6% quarter-over-quarter (expected 1.3%; previous 0.1%) while core Retail Sales +1.0% quarter-over-quarter (consensus 1.4%; prior 0.0%)
In news:
Japan's GDP contracted for the second consecutive quarter, putting the country's economy back in a technical recession. The yen retreated in response, sending the USDJPY pair higher by 0.4% to 123.10.

Major European indices trade in mixed fashion. UK's FTSE +0.3%, Germany's DAX +0.1%, and France's CAC -0.2%. Elsewhere, Italy's MIB -0.2% and Spain's IBEX -0.2%
Economic data was limited:
Eurozone October CPI +0.1%, as expected; +0.1% year-over-year (expected 0.0%; previous 0.0%). Separately, Core CPI +1.1% year-over-year (consensus 1.0%; last 1.0%)
Among news of note:
European stocks lurched lower at the start in reaction to the weekend terrorist attacks in Paris, but the early weakness has been retraced. Meanwhile, the euro is lower by about 0.4% against the dollar, trading near 1.0725.

5:49 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +2.30. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +11.00.

5:49 am: [BRIEFING.COM] Nikkei...19393.69...-203.20...-1.00%. Hang Seng...22010.82...-385.30...-1.70%.

5:49 am: [BRIEFING.COM] FTSE...6130.11...+11.80...+0.20%. DAX...10726.48...+18.10...+0.20%.

Special thanks to Bloomberg, Briefing, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance for their market summaries. gm

Best Regards,
M.A. Perry
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
Image@ http://twitter.com/wrbtrader Image@ http://stocktwits.com/wrbtrader

http://www.thestrategylab.com
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
Skype Messenger: kebec2002
wrbanalysis@gmail.com