TheStrategyLab.com Price Action Trading Support Forum

Forum for price action traders that want to learn WRB Analysis basic tutorial chapters 1, 2 and 3 prior to purchasing our advance trade methods. Hashtags: #wrbanalysis #wrbzone #wrbhiddengap #priceaction #trading
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: November 3rd Tuesday Trade Results - Profit $3520.00
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:02 am 
Site Admin

Trade Results of M.A. Perry
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
Price Action Trading (no technical indicators)
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
Free Chat Room: http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164
Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
wrbanalysis@gmail.com (24/7)
http://twitter.com/wrbtrader (24/7)

Attachment:
110315-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-PnL-Blotter-Profit+3520.00.png
110315-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-PnL-Blotter-Profit+3520.00.png [ 92.55 KiB | Viewed 424 times ]

click on the above image to view today's performance verification

Price Action Trade Performance for Today: Emini TF ($TF_F) futures @ $1020.00 dollars or +10.20 points, Emini ES ($ES_F) futures @ $2500.00 dollars or +50.00 points, Light Crude Oil CL ($CL_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Gold GC ($GC_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points and EuroFX 6E ($6E_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.0000 ticks. Total Profit @ $3520.00 dollars

Russell 2000 Emini TF Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ The ICE
S&P 500 Emini ES Futures: 1 tick or 0.25 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Light Crude Oil CL (WTI) Futures: 1 tick or 0.01 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Gold GC Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
EuroFX 6E Futures: 1 tick or 0.0001 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup

Trade Log: All of my trades were posted real-time in the timestamp ##TheStrategyLab free chat room. You can read today's price action trading information about my trades (e.g. time, price entry, contract size, price exit) as the trade traversed to its completion. Also, sometimes I'll post real-time trading tips in ##TheStrategyLab chat room involving WRBs, WRB Hidden GAPs, Key Market Events (KME), Tutorial Chapters 2 & 3, WRB Zones, Reaction Highs/Lows, Contracting Volatility or Expanding Volatility. Its all archived @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/ftchat/forum/viewtopic.php?f=149&t=2210

Quote:
All of my real-time posted trades involves price action concepts from the WRB Analysis free study guide, Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 4 - 12 and the Volatility Trading Report (VTR) trade signal strategies. Analysis -----> Trade Signals

Also, posted below are direct links to information about my price action trade methodology and trading plan (there's a difference between the two) that enables me to identify key trading areas in the price action that represent changes in supply/demand and volatility along with being able to exploit these changes via WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis). I'm primarily a day trader because it suits my personal lifestyle but I do occasionally swing trade and position trade. Simply, my trade method is applicable for position trading, swing trading and day trading.

Image ##TheStrategyLab Chat Room is free. Members and I use the chat room to post WRB Analysis commentary, real-time trades and to post anything else related to trading. The chat room helps me tremendously in my own trading because I use it to document (journal) general volatility analysis involving WRB Analysis so that I can easily review at a later date my thoughts as I interacted with the markets...info I can not get from my broker statements. Also, this is not a signal calling chat room where a head trader tells you when to buy or sell and I do not have the time/energy/resources to manage a signal calling chat room. Access instructions for chat room @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164

Image Price Action Analysis via Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/WRBAnalysisTutorials.htm and there's a free study guide of the WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1, 2 and 3 @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=718

Analysis -----> Trade Signals

Image Trade Signal Strategies via Volatility Trading Report (VTR) @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/VolatilityTrading.htm and there's a free trade signal strategy @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=89 so that you can freely test drive one of our price action trade strategies with support (answering your questions) prior to purchasing the Volatility Trading Report (VTR). All WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1 - 12 are included in the purchase of the Volatility Trading Report (VTR).

Image Daily Trading Plan Routine @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=277&t=2948 contains brief information about trading plan, market context, brokers, trading time frames, position size management and other discussions.

-----------------------------

Market Context Summaries

The below summaries by Bloomberg, Briefing, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance helps me to do a quick review of the fundamentals, FED/ECB/BOE/IMF actions or any important global economic events (e.g. Eurozone, MarketWatch.com) that had an impact on today's price action in many trading instruments I monitor during the trading day. Simply, I'm a strong believer that key market events causes key changes in supply/demand and volatility resulting in trade opportunities (swing points and strong continuation price actions) that reach profit targets. Thus, I pay attention to these key market events, intermarket analysis (e.g. Forex EurUsd, EuroFX 6E futures, Gold GC futures, Light Crude Oil (WTI) CL & Brent Oil futures, Eurex DAX futures, Euronext FTSE100 futures, Emini ES futures, Emini TF futures, Treasury ZB futures and U.S. Dollar Index futures) while using WRB Analysis from one trade to the next trade to give me the market context for price action trading before the appearance of my technical analysis trade signals. Therefore, I maintain these archives to allow me to understand what was happening on any given trading day in the past involving key market events to help better understand my trade decisions (day trading, swing trading, position trading)...something I can not get from my broker statements alone. Further, most financial websites remove (delete) their archives after a few years to make room for new content. Therefore, I maintain my own archives of the news content so that I have it available for me when financial websites no longer archives their content.

Attachment:
110315-Key-Price-Action-Markets.png
110315-Key-Price-Action-Markets.png [ 1.15 MiB | Viewed 427 times ]

click on the above image to view today's price action of key markets

4:10 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] The stock market registered its second consecutive gain on Tuesday with the S&P 500 climbing 0.3%. The benchmark index settled a bit behind the Nasdaq Composite (+0.4%) and the Dow Jones Industrial Average (+0.5%) with cyclical sectors pacing the advance.

Equity indices saw modest losses at the start of the trading day, but the market was able to overcome the early weakness thanks to continued leadership from the energy sector as the growth-sensitive group charged higher by 2.5% to extend this week's gain to 5.0%. Today's rally was powered by a 3.8% spike in crude oil, which settled at $47.90/bbl, while top-weighted components like Chevron (CVX 98.14, +3.18) and Exxon Mobil (XOM 86.83, +1.55) posted respective gains of 3.4% and 1.8%.

Similar to energy, most of the remaining cyclical sectors ended the day in positive territory with the influential technology (+0.6%) space showing relative strength. The top-weighted tech sector was underpinned by some of its largest members with Apple (AAPL 122.57, +1.39), IBM (IBM 141.88, +1.51), and Microsoft (MSFT 54.15, +0.91) gaining between 1.1% and 1.7% while Visa (V 77.87, +2.65) surged 3.5% to erase the entirety of yesterday's earnings-driven drop.

Elsewhere among cyclical sectors, the industrial space settled on its flat line as transport stocks lagged. The Dow Jones Transportation Average lost 0.4% with freight carriers struggling. On the earnings front, Expeditors International (EXPD 49.75, -1.05) surrendered 2.1% after reporting a two-cent beat on below-consensus revenue.

Over on the countercyclical side, the utilities sector (+0.3%) settled in-line with the market while health care (-0.3%), telecom services (-0.4%), and consumer staples (-0.5%) lagged throughout the session. The health care sector struggled despite a modest uptick among biotech names, evidenced by a 0.3% gain in iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 339.08, +1.02).

That leaves the consumer staples sector (-0.5%), which finished behind the remaining nine groups with Archer-Daniels Midland (ADM 43.15, -3.13) falling 6.8% in reaction to disappointing results.

Today's quiet advance in stocks occurred alongside a modest slide in the bond market with the 10-yr yield rising five basis points to 2.22%.

Investor participation was ahead of average with more than 900 million shares changing hands at the NYSE floor.

Economic data was limited to the Factory Orders report for September, which showed a decrease of 1.0% while the Briefing.com consensus expected a decrease of 0.9%.

The report showed new orders for durable goods declined 1.2%, which was in-line with the advance release in the prior week's Durable Orders report. Excluding transportation, durable goods orders declined 0.6%, which was weaker than the 0.4% decline reported in the advance release.

Tomorrow, the weekly MBA Mortgage Index will be reported at 7:00 ET while October ADP Employment Change (Briefing.com consensus 180,000) and September Trade Balance (consensus -$43.00 billion) will be reported at 8:15 ET and 8:30 ET, respectively. The day's data will be topped off with the 10:00 ET release of the ISM Services report for October (expected 56.6).

Nasdaq Composite +8.6% YTD
S&P 500 +2.5% YTD
Dow Jones Industrial Average +0.5% YTD
Russell 2000 -1.1% YTD

3:40 pm: [BRIEFING.COM]

The dollar index traded higher today, which helped weigh on commodities such as metals
However, oil prices traded on its own catalysts today, largely on the news that Libya's Zueitina port was shutdown
Libya is small oil producer... however, what pushes oil prices is access or lack of it to move oil... through port access
Libya only produced 470K barrels per day in 2014. In Oct, Libya produced 430K per day
For a quick comparison... world oil supply is over 96 mln barrels per day
We definitely want to get a new update tomorrow on this port in Libya
By the end of today's session, Dec crude had gained +3.8% at $47.94/barrel
Dec nat gas finished the day flat at $2.26/MMBtu
Precious metals felt the pressure from the strength in the dollar index today
Dec gold closed floor trading -1.9% at $1114.10/oz, while Dec silver -1% at $15.24/oz

3:00 pm:

[BRIEFING.COM] The S&P 500 trades higher by 0.5% with one hour remaining in the session.

Investors will receive another dose of earnings after today's closing bell, but is worth remembering that nearly 400 components of the S&P 500 have already reported their Q3 results. Media heavyweight CBS (CBS 48.21, +0.34) will report its quarterly results this evening while investors will also hear from U.S. Steel (X 13.46, +0.64), Tesla Motors (TSLA 211.21, -2.58), and Herbalife (HLF 57.56, +0.65) among others.

Another batch of results will follow tomorrow morning with Honda Motor (HMC 33.35, +0.05), Time Warner (TWX 78.12, +1.56), and 21st Century Fox (FOXA 31.24, +0.38) headlining the Wednesday morning lineup.

2:25 pm:

[BRIEFING.COM] Not much change in the market with the S&P 500 (+0.5%) trading at its best level of the session.

The energy sector has shown strength since the start and the group is now higher by 3.0% today and up 5.5% after just two November sessions. Today's advance has occurred alongside a rally in crude oil with WTI crude trading higher by 4.4% at $48.16/bbl with the pit close approaching momentarily.

Meanwhile, the other commodity-related sector-materials-trades higher by 1.0% while the other four cyclical sectors hold gains between 0.1% (financials) and 1.0% (technology).

1:55 pm:

[BRIEFING.COM] The S&P 500 has extended its gain to 0.4% while the Nasdaq (+0.5%) remains ahead.

Investors received just one economic report today, which was met with a muted response. Specifically, factory orders declined 1.0% in September on top of a downwardly revised 2.1% decline (from -1.7%) in August. The September reading was slightly weaker than the Briefing.com consensus estimate, which called for a 0.9% decline.

The weakness in the manufacturing sector continues to reflect the headwinds generated by a strong dollar, which has crimped export demand, and the drop in oil prices which has reduced demand for drilling equipment.

The report showed new orders for durable goods declined 1.2%, which was in-line with the advance release in the prior week's Durable Orders report. Excluding transportation, durable goods orders declined 0.6%, which was weaker than the 0.4% decline reported in the advance release. As for nondurable goods orders, they declined 0.8% after falling 1.3% in August.

1:35 pm:

[BRIEFING.COM] The major U.S. indices have continued to extend gains since out last update and are at session highs.

A look inside the Dow Jones Industrial Average shows that Visa (V 77.98, +2.76), Chevron (CVX 98.28, +3.32), and Exxon Mobil (XOM 87.07, +1.79) are outperforming. Visa shares are bouncing back from yesterday's earnings and M&A fueled weakness, helped in part by a positive mention in Barron's while Chevron and Exxon are higher as energy rallies, with WTI crude oil surging almost 5%.

Conversely, Verizon Wireless (VZ 46.35, -0.43) is the worst-performing Dow component as telecoms sit out from the broad market rally following this morning's quarterly earnings from Sprint.
Related Quotes

For the week, the DJIA is now up 1.5%, and 0.6% for the year.

12:55 pm:

[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages sport modest midday gains with the S&P 500 (+0.2%) hovering just above its flat line while the Nasdaq Composite (+0.4%) outperforms.

Equity indices began the Tuesday session with modest losses, but the market has been able to spend the first half of today's session in a steady ascent off session lows. Cyclical sectors have paced the rebound with energy (+2.3%) showing considerable strength for the second day in a row. Today's surge has been aided by a 3.2% gain in WTI crude futures ($47.62/bbl), helping the growth-sensitive sector extend this week's gain to 4.9%.

Similarly, most of the remaining cyclical groups outperform, but they trade much closer to their respective flat lines. The materials sector (+0.8%) represents the second-best performer, but more notably, technology (+0.5%) has displayed relative strength since the opening bell. Large cap tech names have underpinned the move with Apple (AAPL 122.54, +1.36) and Microsoft (MSFT 53.92, +0.67) showing respective gains of 1.1% and 1.3% while Visa (V 78.00, +2.78) has spiked 3.7% to erase its entire loss from yesterday.

Over on the countercyclical side, the health care sector (-0.3%) lags, but biotechnology has fared better, evidenced by a 0.5% gain in iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 339.79, +1.73).

Unlike stocks, Treasuries have retreated throughout the morning with the 10-yr yield rising four basis points to 2.21%.

Today's economic data was limited to the Factory Orders report for September, which showed a decrease of 1.0% while the Briefing.com consensus expected a decrease of 0.9%.

The report showed new orders for durable goods declined 1.2%, which was in-line with the advance release in the prior week's Durable Orders report. Excluding transportation, durable goods orders declined 0.6%, which was weaker than the 0.4% decline reported in the advance release.

12:25 pm:

[BRIEFING.COM] Equity indices remain near their recently-established highs with the S&P 500 (+0.2%) holding a three-point gain.

All in all, the first half of the session has been very quiet with the market mounting a steady charge off its opening low thanks to relative strength in the energy sector, which has extended its gain to 2.1% while crude oil trades up 2.6% at $47.33/bbl. Like energy, most of the remaining cyclical sectors have shown some relative strength, but they all trade closer to their respective flat lines.

Similar to the stock market, the Dollar Index (97.34, +0.41) hovers near its best level of the session, trading higher by 0.4%.

11:50 am:

[BRIEFING.COM] Recent action saw the major averages climb to new highs with the S&P 500 now up 0.2%.

The energy sector (+2.2%) has maintained its lead, which has been aided by a rally in crude oil. To that point, the energy component is higher by 2.4% at $47.26/bbl at this juncture.

Similar to energy, the remaining five cyclical sectors trade in the green, but they sport slimmer gains than the commodity-related sector. Notably, the top-weighted tech sector has extended its gain to 0.5% while industrials (+0.1%) and consumer discretionary (+0.2%) trade closer to their flat lines.

Elsewhere, the advance in stocks has been accompanied by some more weakness in the Treasury market with the 10-yr yield now up four basis points at 2.21%.

11:25 am:

[BRIEFING.COM] The Nasdaq and S&P 500 remain anchored to their flat lines while the Dow Jones Industrial Average has extended its gain to 0.4%

The price-weighted Dow has been underpinned by solid gains among influential components like Goldman Sachs (GS 191.03, +1.35), IBM (IBM 141.75, +1.38), and Apple (AAPL 122.46, +1.28). Furthermore, Chevron (CVX 97.80, +2.84) and ExxonMobil (XOM 87.05, +1.77) hold respective gains of 3.0% and 2.1% as both continue showing strength after reporting better than expected results on Friday.

On the downside, UnitedHealth (UNH 116.96, -1.73) is the weakest Dow component, trading lower by 1.5%.

10:55 am:

[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages have erased their opening losses with the S&P 500 back in the neighborhood of its flat line while the Nasdaq Composite remains just a step behind.

Seven of ten sectors continue holding losses at this time, but the energy space has extended its gain to 2.0% while the top-weighted technology sector trades higher by 0.3%, which has also helped foster the rebound.

On the downside, countercyclical sectors display relative weakness with consumer staples (-0.7%), health care (-0.5%), telecom services (-0.5%), and utilities (-0.2%) all trading behind the broader market. Notably, the health care sector has surrendered a portion of yesterday's solid gain while biotechnology has also retreated with iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 336.20, -1.86) trading lower by 0.6% after surging nearly 4.0% yesterday.

10:35 am: [BRIEFING.COM]

The dollar trended modestly negative overnight, before rallying to positives in early trade amidst a stronger Australian Dollar, a weaker Euro and ahead of this week's unemployment/non-farm payroll data (due out Friday).
US Initial and continuing claims are estimated at 264K and 2.15 mln respectively, while non-farm payrolls expect a 167K addition
The dollar has continued to trade higher recently, just below its HoD at +0.5% to 97.48
Precious metals have seen heavy selling pressure from the dollar's rally, with both gold and silver trading down from flat early, to near their LoD (currently)
Gold is holding solid losses at -1.2% to $1122.40/oz and silver is -0.9% to $15.28/oz
WTI meanwhile has traded higher for most of the morning- seeing a sharp rally on the open of pit trading.
It is worth noting that the Emirates NBD Purchasing Manager's Index showed slowing growth in Saudi Arabia for the month of October, leading some market participants to attribute the drop to lower oil revenue- and the potential for greater incentive to manipulate output/prices.
December WTI is now holding solid gains for the day at +2.2% to $47.13/barrel
Natural gas is seeing a pullback from demand-driven losses made yesterday (on continued calls for warm fall weather), now +0.7% to $2.27/MMBtu
Copper is trading at moderate losses for the session, now -0.7% to $2.31/lb

10:00 am:

[BRIEFING.COM] The S&P 500 remains lower by 0.2% with seven sectors trading in the red.

According to the just-released Factory Orders report for September, orders decreased 1.0% while the Briefing.com consensus expected a decrease of 0.9%.

9:40 am:

[BRIEFING.COM] As expected, the major averages have slipped out of the gate with the S&P 500 trading lower by 0.2%.

Nine of ten sectors display opening losses while energy (+1.5%) has built on yesterday's rally, extending this week's gain to 4.0%. On the downside, the consumer staples sector (-0.9%) is the weakest group while financials (-0.6%) and health care (-0.4%) display slimmer losses.

Treasuries remain near their morning lows with the 10-yr yield up two basis points at 2.19%.

The Factory Orders report for September (Briefing.com consensus -0.9%) will be released at 10:00 ET.

9:06 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: -4.60. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -10.70.

The stock market is on track for a modestly lower open with S&P 500 futures trading five points below fair value. Index futures have retreated steadily throughout the night, hitting their lows within the past hour. That being said, the overnight trading range has been limited to just six points.

Investors have received another bunch of quarterly earnings since yesterday's closing bell with most reports coming in below estimates. To that point, American International Group (AIG 61.84, -1.90), Archer Daniels Midland (ADM 43.75, -2.53), and Sprint (S 4.49, -0.36) are all on track to register opening losses in reaction to disappointing results.

Today's economic data will be limited to the 10:00 ET release of the Factory Orders report for September (Briefing.com consensus -0.9%).

Treasuries sit near their lows with the 10-yr yield higher by three basis points at 2.20%.

8:51 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: -7.00. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -12.70.

The S&P 500 futures trade seven points below fair value.

Markets in the Asia-Pacific region ended mostly higher with China lagging the bulk of the regional indices. The macro data was extremely light and with Japan closed for a public holiday so this may be lending to the lack of participation across the equity complex. The Chinese market was quiet overnight, but an economist from ANZ chimed in forecasting another RRR cut before the year ends. Moving down under, the RBA left its key interest rate unchanged at 2.0% in a released statement last night. Although the central bank's policy remained status quo, the commentary coming out of the meeting left the door open for rate cuts in the future. The Aussie responded to the remarks in volatile fashion (roughly 80 pip range), but has since reverted back to the levels just prior to the release.

In economic data:
Australia's ANZ Roy Morgan Weekly Consumer Confidence Index rose to 115.2 from 113.4
New Zealand's October QV House Prices +14.0% (prior +12.6%)
South Korea's Oct CPI 0.0% (expected 0.2%)

------

Japan's Nikkei was closed today for public holiday
Hong Kong's Hang Seng rose 0.9% maintaining a steady bid for the whole session. The trading action was subdued after a higher opening, and when all was said and done, the index managed to close roughly right where it started. Among the major movers today, Galaxy Entertainment tacked on another 3.8%, continuing its momentum after the Macau gaming stats were reported over the weekend. Tencent also managed to outpace the broader market, gaining 2% for the session
China's Shanghai Composite declined 0.3% in a fairly range bound session. Some comments stemming from the Chinese Premier may have left traders scratching their heads after he vowed to keep China's growth rate at no less than 6.5% over the next 5 years (down from last year's 7% growth stance). Among the notable movers was Dongfeng Motor, which fell as much as 10% after news broke that one of the top execs is under investigation for corruption.

Major European indices trade mostly lower with Germany's DAX (-0.4%) trailing its peers.

Economic data was limited:
UK's October Construction PMI 44.1 (expected 46.5; prior 47.0)
Spain's Unemployment Change 82,300 (expected 70,300; prior 26,100)

------

UK's FTSE is lower by 0.2% with Standard Chartered pressuring the index. The stock has given up 9.5% after the company announced a Q3 pre-tax loss of $139 million and said it plans to cut 15,000 jobs by 2018. Homebuilders also lag with Barratt Developments and Taylor Wimpey both down near 4.0% apiece.
In France, the CAC trades lower by 0.2% amid weakness in financials. Unibail Rodamco, Societe Generale, BNP Paribas, and Credit Agricole hold losses between 0.9% and 3.0%. On the upside, Technip and Total outperform with respective gains of 2.0% and 0.3%.
Germany's DAX has given up 0.4% with Volkswagen trading down nearly 3.0% amid allegations the company installed its defeat device on 3-liter engines used in Audi and Porsche vehicles. Also of note, Infineon Technologies has tumbled 5.2% amid speculation the company may be interested in Fairchild Semiconductor.

8:25 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: -8.50. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -15.00.

U.S. equity futures continue holding modest losses while the Dollar Index (97.26, +0.34) is higher by 0.4% with the greenback adding 0.4% against the euro (1.0967); however, the dollar/yen pair trades little changed at 120.90.

The modest uptick in the dollar has taken place alongside some selling in the Treasury market with the 10-yr note hovering on its low at this juncture. Accordingly, the benchmark yield has ticked up two basis points to 2.19%.

7:54 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: -7.50. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -12.00.

U.S. equity futures trade modestly lower after retreating steadily over the past few hours. The S&P 500 futures hover eight points below fair value.

Meanwhile, Treasuries have extended yesterday's losses with the 10-yr yield higher by almost two basis points at 2.19%.

Today's economic data will be limited to the 10:00 ET release of the Factory Orders report for September (Briefing.com consensus -0.9%).

In U.S. corporate news of note:

American International Group (AIG 62.15, -1.59): -2.5% after missing bottom-line estimates and announcing restructuring plans.
Archer Daniels Midland (ADM 45.00, -1.28): -2.8% in reaction to disappointing results.
Sprint (S 4.36, -0.49): -10.1% after missing estimates and guiding fiscal-year 2015 earnings before interest, taxes, deductions, and amortization at the low end of its previous guidance range.
Fitbit (FIT 37.85, -2.95): -7.2% after news of a share offering overshadowed better than expected results.
Office Depot (ODP 7.27, -0.21): -2.8% despite reporting in-line earnings.
Mosaic (MOS 34.68, +0.20): +0.6% after beating bottom-line estimates on light revenue.
General Growth Properties (GGP 29.39, -0.16): -0.5% in reaction to below-consensus results, cautious guidance, and news of a dividend increase to $0.19/share

Reviewing overnight developments:

Asian markets ended mixed. China's Shanghai Composite -0.3%, Hong Kong's Hang Seng +0.9%, and Japan's Nikkei was closed for Culture Day.
In economic data:
Australia's ANZ Roy Morgan Weekly Consumer Confidence Index rose to 115.2 from 113.4
New Zealand's October QV House Prices +14.0% (prior +12.6%)
South Korea's Oct CPI 0.0% (expected 0.2%)
In news:
The Reserve Bank of Australia made no changes to its policy stance, keeping its cash rate at 2.0%, as expected. The central bank noted that mortgage lending conditions remained accommodative despite an uptick in borrowing rates.

Major European indices trade mostly lower. Germany's DAX -0.5%, France's CAC -0.3%, and UK's FTSE -0.2%. Elsewhere, Italy's MIB -0.9% and Spain's IBEX +0.1%
Economic data was limited:
UK's October Construction PMI 44.1 (expected 46.5; prior 47.0)
Spain's Unemployment Change 82,300 (expected 70,300; prior 26,100)
Among news of note:
Volkswagen has returned into focus amid allegations the company installed its defeat device on 3-liter engines used in Audi and Porsche vehicles. Shares of Volkswagen have given up 2.9% in Frankfurt today.

5:49 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: -5.30. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -7.90.

5:49 am: [BRIEFING.COM] Nikkei...Holiday......... Hang Seng...22568.43...+198.40...+0.90%.

5:49 am: [BRIEFING.COM] FTSE...6353.34...-8.50...-0.10%. DAX...10908.05...-42.60...-0.40%.

Special thanks to Bloomberg, Briefing, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance for their market summaries. gm

Best Regards,
M.A. Perry
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
Image@ http://twitter.com/wrbtrader Image@ http://stocktwits.com/wrbtrader

http://www.thestrategylab.com
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
Skype Messenger: kebec2002
wrbanalysis@gmail.com