TheStrategyLab.com Price Action Trading Support Forum

Forum for price action traders that want to learn WRB Analysis basic tutorial chapters 1, 2 and 3 prior to purchasing our advance trade methods. Hashtags: #wrbanalysis #wrbzone #wrbhiddengap #priceaction #trading
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: October 26th Monday Trade Results - Profit $657.50
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:37 pm 
Site Admin

Trade Results of M.A. Perry
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
Price Action Trading (no technical indicators)
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
Free Chat Room: http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164
Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
wrbanalysis@gmail.com (24/7)
http://twitter.com/wrbtrader (24/7)

Attachment:
102615-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-PnL-Blotter-Profit+657.50.png
102615-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-PnL-Blotter-Profit+657.50.png [ 92.24 KiB | Viewed 367 times ]

click on the above image to view today's performance verification

Price Action Trade Performance for Today: Emini TF ($TF_F) futures @ ($30.00) dollars or -0.30 points, Emini ES ($ES_F) futures @ $687.50 dollars or +13.75 points, Light Crude Oil CL ($CL_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Gold GC ($GC_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points and EuroFX 6E ($6E_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.0000 ticks. Total Profit @ $657.50 dollars

Russell 2000 Emini TF Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ The ICE
S&P 500 Emini ES Futures: 1 tick or 0.25 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Light Crude Oil CL (WTI) Futures: 1 tick or 0.01 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Gold GC Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
EuroFX 6E Futures: 1 tick or 0.0001 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup

Trade Log: All of my trades were posted real-time in the timestamp ##TheStrategyLab free chat room. You can read today's price action trading information about my trades (e.g. time, price entry, contract size, price exit) as the trade traversed to its completion. Also, sometimes I'll post real-time trading tips in ##TheStrategyLab chat room involving WRBs, WRB Hidden GAPs, Key Market Events (KME), Tutorial Chapters 2 & 3, WRB Zones, Reaction Highs/Lows, Contracting Volatility or Expanding Volatility. Its all archived @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/ftchat/forum/viewtopic.php?f=148&t=2202

Quote:
All of my real-time posted trades involves price action concepts from the WRB Analysis free study guide, Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 4 - 12 and the Volatility Trading Report (VTR) trade signal strategies. Analysis -----> Trade Signals

Also, posted below are direct links to information about my price action trade methodology and trading plan (there's a difference between the two) that enables me to identify key trading areas in the price action that represent changes in supply/demand and volatility along with being able to exploit these changes via WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis). I'm primarily a day trader because it suits my personal lifestyle but I do occasionally swing trade and position trade. Simply, my trade method is applicable for position trading, swing trading and day trading.

Image ##TheStrategyLab Chat Room is free. Members and I use the chat room to post WRB Analysis commentary, real-time trades and to post anything else related to trading. The chat room helps me tremendously in my own trading because I use it to document (journal) general volatility analysis involving WRB Analysis so that I can easily review at a later date my thoughts as I interacted with the markets...info I can not get from my broker statements. Also, this is not a signal calling chat room where a head trader tells you when to buy or sell and I do not have the time/energy/resources to manage a signal calling chat room. Access instructions for chat room @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164

Image Price Action Analysis via Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/WRBAnalysisTutorials.htm and there's a free study guide of the WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1, 2 and 3 @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=718

Analysis -----> Trade Signals

Image Trade Signal Strategies via Volatility Trading Report (VTR) @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/VolatilityTrading.htm and there's a free trade signal strategy @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=89 so that you can freely test drive one of our price action trade strategies with support (answering your questions) prior to purchasing the Volatility Trading Report (VTR). All WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1 - 12 are included in the purchase of the Volatility Trading Report (VTR).

Image Daily Trading Plan Routine @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=274&t=2910 contains brief information about trading plan, market context, brokers, trading time frames, position size management and other discussions.

-----------------------------

Market Context Summaries

The below summaries by Bloomberg, Briefing, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance helps me to do a quick review of the fundamentals, FED/ECB/BOE/IMF actions or any important global economic events (e.g. Eurozone, MarketWatch.com) that had an impact on today's price action in many trading instruments I monitor during the trading day. Simply, I'm a strong believer that key market events causes key changes in supply/demand and volatility resulting in trade opportunities (swing points and strong continuation price actions) that reach profit targets. Thus, I pay attention to these key market events, intermarket analysis (e.g. Forex EurUsd, EuroFX 6E futures, Gold GC futures, Light Crude Oil (WTI) CL & Brent Oil futures, Eurex DAX futures, Euronext FTSE100 futures, Emini ES futures, Emini TF futures, Treasury ZB futures and U.S. Dollar Index futures) while using WRB Analysis from one trade to the next trade to give me the market context for price action trading before the appearance of my technical analysis trade signals. Therefore, I maintain these archives to allow me to understand what was happening on any given trading day in the past involving key market events to help better understand my trade decisions (day trading, swing trading, position trading)...something I can not get from my broker statements alone. Further, most financial websites remove (delete) their archives after a few years to make room for new content. Therefore, I maintain my own archives of the news content so that I have it available for me when financial websites no longer archives their content.

Attachment:
102615-Key-Price-Action-Markets.png
102615-Key-Price-Action-Markets.png [ 1.27 MiB | Viewed 379 times ]

click on the above image to view today's price action of key markets

4:05 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] The stock market began the trading week on a quiet note with the S&P 500 (-0.2%) spending the session inside a nine-point range. The benchmark index settled right above the midpoint of that range while the Nasdaq Composite (+0.1%) outperformed throughout the session.

Generally speaking, the Monday affair was very quiet and free of noteworthy earnings. Accordingly, the benchmark index opened with a two-point loss and traded in sideways fashion until the closing bell. Seven sectors registered losses between 0.2% (consumer staples and industrials) and 2.5% (energy) while consumer discretionary (+0.8%), health care (+0.5%), and telecom services (+0.1%) outperformed.

Notably, the energy sector fell to the bottom of the leaderboard at the start and remained there throughout the day. The daylong retreat caused the sector to narrow its October gain to 9.0% while crude oil fell 1.4% to $43.98/bbl.

Elsewhere among cyclical groups, heavily-weighted financials (-0.3%) and technology (-0.3%) underperformed while the consumer discretionary sector (+0.8%) displayed relative strength thanks to a rebound in retail names. The SPDR S&P Retail ETF (XRT 45.23, +0.24) added 0.5%.

On the downside, the technology sector kept the market under pressure after spiking more than 3.0% on Friday. Chipmakers paced today's pullback with the PHLX Semiconductor Index sliding 2.0%.

That being said, the Nasdaq was able to overcome the weakness in technology thanks to relative strength in biotech. To that point, the iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 317.01, +0.73) advanced 0.2% while the health care sector added 0.5%.

Unlike stocks, Treasuries inched higher throughout the session with the 10-yr yield slipping three basis points to 2.06%.

Unsurprisingly, today's participation was below average with fewer than 850 million shares changing hands at the NYSE floor.

Today's economic data was limited to the New Home Sales report for September, which hit an annualized rate of 468,000. This was down from the revised August rate of 529,000 (from 552,000), and worse than the rate of 550,000 that had been broadly expected by the Briefing.com consensus. The September report was a bit surprising, considering the latest homebuilder surveys have shown strong improvement in current and expected sales growth. The September drop in sales brought inventories back into alignment with sales trends.

Tomorrow, the September Durable Goods (Briefing.com consensus -1.3%) report will be released at 8:30 ET, August Case-Shiller 20-city Index (expected 0.2%) will be released at 9:00 ET, and October Consumer Confidence (expected 102.5) will be reported at 10:00 ET.

Nasdaq Composite +6.3% YTD
S&P 500 +0.6% YTD
Dow Jones Industrial Average -1.1% YTD
Russell 2000 -3.8% YTD

3:40 pm: [BRIEFING.COM]

Energy futures were weak today led by natural gas futures which tanked
Nov natural gas futures dropped a sharp 9.6% today, ending at $2.06/MMBtu
Ample supply and near-term weather forecasts continue to pressure prices
Dec WTI crude oil dropped 1.3% today to end at $44.03/barrel. In electronic trade, crude is back below $44/barrel
Metals, however, closed out the day with some gains
Dec gold rose +0.3% today to $1166.10/oz, while Dec silver climbed +0.6% at $15.91/oz

2:55 pm:

[BRIEFING.COM] The S&P 500 trades lower by 0.2% with one hour remaining in the session. Overall, the Monday affair has been very quiet with most sectors spending the day in negative territory.

This morning was very quiet on the earnings front, but things will be more active after the closing bell with Broadcom (BRCM 51.59, -1.54) and Swift Transportation (SWFT 14.73, +0.13) scheduled to report their results, among others.

Meanwhile, tomorrow morning will feature a heavy batch of results with BP (BP 35.26, -0.46), Comcast (CMCSA 62.11, +0.13), Ford Motor (F 15.58, -0.09), and UPS (UPS 106.39, -0.41) headlining the list.

2:25 pm:

[BRIEFING.COM] Not much change in the market as the S&P 500 remains lower by 0.2% with six sectors trading in the red.

The energy sector (-2.2%) has struggled since the opening bell and the group has extended its decline in recent going. To little surprise, the move has coincided with some additional selling in the oil market that has the energy component trading lower by 1.4% at $44.00/bbl with the pit close approaching momentarily.

Conversely, the consumer discretionary sector (+0.8%) has climbed into the lead, overtaking the health care space (+0.4%), which has backed away from its high. Similarly, biotech names have pulled back from their best levels of the day with the iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 316.65, +0.37) narrowing its gain to 0.1%.

1:55 pm:

[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages remain near their flat lines.

The housing sector may not be as strong as once thought.

New home sales declined 11.5% in September to 468,000 from a downwardly revised 529,000 (from 552,000) in August. The Briefing.com Consensus pegged new home sales at 550,000.

That was the lowest number of new homes sold since 449,000 were sold in November 2014.

The big drop in new home sales was extremely disappointing. The latest home builder surveys have shown strong improvement in current and expected sales growth. These trends should have resulted in large gains.

1:30 pm:

[BRIEFING.COM] The major U.S. indices remain mixed at this time as the Nasdaq outperforms.

A look inside the Dow Jones Industrial Average shows Apple (AAPL 115.46, -3.62), Chevron (CVX 89.20, -2.04), and Exxon Mobil (XOM 81.79, -1.19) are underperforming. Chevron and Exxon Mobil are trading lower as the energy sector lags with natural gas and crude oil declining 10.1% and 1%, respectively. Apple shares are active and underperforming ahead of tomorrow afternoon's

Conversely, Microsoft (MSFT 53.87, +1.00) is the best-performing Dow component, adding to Friday's earnings fueled rally after opening its first flagship store on Fifth Avenue in New York today.
Related Quotes

Despite today's small decline, the DJIA is still up 8.3% this month.

12:50 pm:

[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages are little changed at midday after spending the first half of the trading day inside narrow ranges. The S&P 500 is lower by 0.1% while the Nasdaq Composite (+0.2%) trades a bit ahead.

The benchmark index has meandered in the red amid losses in eight of ten sectors with energy (-1.8%) trading well behind its peers. The cyclical sector has been pressured by a 0.9% decline in crude oil, which hovers near $44.17/bbl at this juncture.

Similar to energy, four of the remaining five cyclical groups trade in the red with top-weighted technology (-0.3%) and financials (-0.4%) trailing the broader market. To be fair, today's underperformance in the tech sector comes after the top-weighted group surged 3.1% on Friday. Accordingly, today's weakness has been broad-based with the likes of Apple (AAPL 115.60, -3.48) and Cisco Systems (CSCO 28.90, -0.45) down 2.9% and 1.5%, respectively, while the PHLX Semiconductor Index has surrendered 1.8%.

That being said, the relative weakness in the tech sector has been offset by a rebound in health care (+0.7%) with biotechnology contributing to the strength in the countercyclical sector. The iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 319.88, +3.60) is currently higher by 1.1%, helping the Nasdaq stay above its flat line.

Broadly speaking, corporate news has been limited today, but it is worth noting that IntercontinentalExchange (ICE 244.21, -4.59) has agreed to acquire Interactive Data Corporation for $5.20 billion.

Treasuries hover near their session highs with the 10-yr yield down three basis points at 2.06%.

Today's economic data was limited to the New Home Sales report for September, which hit an annualized rate of 468,000. This was down from the revised August rate of 529,000 (from 552,000), and worse than the rate of 550,000 that had been broadly expected by the Briefing.com consensus. The September report was a bit surprising, considering the latest homebuilder surveys have shown strong improvement in current and expected sales growth. The September drop in sales brought inventories back into alignment with sales trends.

12:25 pm:

[BRIEFING.COM] Equity indices have ticked from their recent levels with the S&P 500 (-0.2%) trading within four points of its session low.

The top-weighted technology sector (-0.5%) has struggled since the start after enjoying a big surge on Friday. Today, however, the sector has suffered from losses among most large cap components. For instance, Apple (AAPL 115.64, -3.44) trades down 2.9% while Cisco Systems (CSCO 28.92, -0.43) and Qualcomm (QCOM 58.98, -1.75) hold respective losses of 1.5% and 2.9%.

Similarly, high-beta chipmakers have underperformed since morning action with the PHLX Semiconductor Index trading lower by 1.8%.

11:55 am:

[BRIEFING.COM] Not much change in the market as the key indices continue hovering near their recent levels with the S&P 500 trading lower by 0.3%.

Despite today's modest downtick, the benchmark index remains higher by 7.8% with just four more October sessions remaining. Of course, the current standing could change significantly considering investors will receive a heavy batch of earnings this week while Wednesday afternoon will feature the latest policy statement from the Federal Reserve.

Although the market does not expect the Fed to raise rates at the upcoming meeting, the forthcoming policy statement will be scrutinized closely with participants looking for clues about a potential rate hike taking place in December.

Treasuries have maintained narrow ranges through the month with the 10-yr yield trading where it ended September (2.06%).

11:25 am:

[BRIEFING.COM] The Nasdaq Composite (+0.1%) continues holding a modest gain while the S&P 500 (-0.3%) remains in the middle of its trading range.

As mentioned earlier, the S&P 500 has climbed off its low thanks to a boost from the health care sector (+0.6%); however, most other groups trade in the red with heavily-weighted technology (-0.5%) and financials (-0.7%) showing relative weakness while the energy sector (-1.6%) remains behind its peers due to a 0.9% decline in crude oil, which trades at $44.20/bbl.

Elsewhere, Treasuries have ticked down from their highs, but they continue holding gains with the 10-yr yield down three basis points at 2.06%.

10:55 am:

[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages have climbed off their opening lows with the S&P 500 narrowing its loss to 0.2%.

Seven sectors continue trading in the red, but relative strength in the health care space (+1.1%) has helped the market erase a large portion of its early loss. Biotechnology has contributed to the strength, evidenced by a 1.7% spike in the iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 321.68, +5.40).

On a related note, biotechnology has helped the Nasdaq Composite (+0.2%) climb out of the red while the technology sector (-0.4%) continues showing relative weakness with its largest component-Apple (AAPL 116.02, -3.06)-trading lower by 2.6%.

10:35 am: [BRIEFING.COM]

The dollar saw moderate losses overnight, before rallying modestly ralling back toward the flat-line on an interplay of mixed global economic sentiment
Drivers of the index included moves by both Euro and Yen: Euro on positive business climate/expectation readings out of Germany, and the Yen on sentiment ahead of Friday's BOJ meeting
In recent trade, the dollar has pulled back to just above its LoD, now at -0.3% to 96.89
Crude trended slightly in the green over the weekend, but saw a steady sell-off in early trade to below the $44/level
Trading in WTI so far this morning has been highlighted by the release of a Goldman Sachs note, calling a sharp dip in prices (on fore-casted increases in inventory builds)
December crude is still holding those morning losses, moderately above its LoD at -0.7% to $44.28/barrel
Natural Gas is getting crushed, on continued concern about over-supply conditions and warmer-than-average near-term weather conditions, now at -4% to 2.39
Gold and silver are positive for the session, on the dollar's weakness and sentiment ahead of this week's meeting (no rate-hike is widely expected)
Gold is +0.5% to $1168/oz and silver is +0.6% to $15.92/oz
Copper is still seeing positive momentum this session, at least partially from last week's China stimulus measures, now at +0.2% to $2.36/lb

10:00 am:

[BRIEFING.COM] The S&P 500 has widened its loss to 0.3% with the energy sector (-1.3%) remaining at the bottom of the leaderboard.

New home sales in September hit an annualized rate of 468,000, which was down from the revised August rate of 529,000 (from 552,000), and worse than the rate of 550,000 that had been broadly expected by the Briefing.com consensus.

9:35 am:

[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages have dipped in the early going with the S&P 500 trading lower by 0.2%.

Seven sectors sport opening losses with energy (-0.6%), health care (-0.4%), and technology (-0.3%) pacing the move lower while consumer discretionary (+0.1%), industrials (+0.2%), and materials (+0.1%) hover just above their flat lines.

The energy sector has slipped to the bottom of the leaderboard amid a pullback in crude oil. To that point, WTI crude has surrendered 1.0%, sliding to $44.18/bbl.

Elsewhere, Treasuries have ticked to new highs with the 10-yr yield down three basis points at 2.06%.

9:09 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: -2.20. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -0.70.

The stock market is on track for a modestly lower open with S&P 500 futures trading two points below fair value after spending the night in a tight range.

Overall, the pre-market action has been very quiet with participants responding to just a handful of quarterly reports. Most notably, LendingTree (TREE 116.59, +18.59) has surged 19.0% in pre-market in reaction to better than expected earnings and upbeat guidance.

Unlike stocks, Treasuries have inched higher, pushing the 10-yr yield down three basis points to 2.06%.

Today's economic data will be limited to the 10:00 ET release of the September New Home Sales report (Briefing.com consensus 550K).

8:55 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: -2.60. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -2.00.

The S&P 500 futures trade three points below fair value.

Markets in the Asia-Pacific region started the new week on a somewhat mixed note. Profit-taking efforts kicked in for some markets while other markets saw only modest gains after some big moves last week. Chinese officials began their fifth plenum planning meetings. Market participants are anxious to hear if officials temper China's GDP growth target. In the interim, the Shanghai Composite logged a 0.5% gain to begin the week, drawing a measure of support from the PBOC easing measures announced following the close of trading on Friday.

In economic data:
Singapore's September Industrial Production +0.5% month-over-month (expected 1.0%; prior -3.7%); -4.8% year-over-year (consensus -4.6%; last -7.1%)

------

Japan's Nikkei increased 0.7% after being up 1.4% earlier in the session. Gains in the technology (+1.3%), health care (+1.1%), and materials (+0.8%) sectors helped pace the advance. Panasonic (+6.1%), Hitachi (+6.1%), and Minebea (+5.1%) were the top-performing issues while Nippon Yusen (-3.3%), Haseko (-2.9%), and Yokogawa Electric Corp (-2.4%) were the worst-performing issues. Out of the 225 index members, 169 ended higher, 46 finished lower, and 10 were unchanged.
Hong Kong's Hang Seng declined 0.2%, giving back all of a 1.2% opening gain. There wasn't a specific news catalyst for the turnaround, which was viewed as a general profit-taking effort. China Resources Power Holdings (-4.8%), BOC Hong Kong Holdings (-2.5%), and PetroChina (-2.1%) paced the losers. Sands China (+2.5%), Belle International holdings (+2.3%), and China Resources Land (+2.1%) topped the list of winners. Out of the 50 index members, 18 ended higher, 31 finished lower, and 1 was unchanged.
China's Shanghai Composite increased 0.5%, benefiting from a late-day bump to finish in positive territory. The market was up 1.3%, but fell prone to selling efforts through much of the post-lunch session. The early push was helped along by the stimulus measures the PBOC announced after the market closed on Friday. Separately, Chinese officials started the fifth plenum planning session for economic and social policies. It is thought officials could lower the GDP growth target coming out of the meeting.

Major European indices trade mostly lower while Germany's DAX (+0.3%) outperforms. According to the Ifo Institute, the Volkswagen scandal has had no impact on Germany's auto industry as the domestic economy remains vigilant.

Participants received several data points:
Germany's October Ifo Business Climate Index 108.2 (expected 107.8; prior 108.5) as Business Expectations rose to 103.8 from 103.3 (expected 102.4) and Current Assessment fell to 112.6 from 114.0 (consensus 113.5)
UK's BBA Mortgage Approvals 44,500 (expected 46,200; prior 46,600) and CBI Industrial Trends Orders fell to -18 from -7 (consensus -8)
Spain's PPI -3.6% year-over-year (prior -2.2%)

------

Germany's DAX has added 0.3% thanks to gains in about 70% of its components. Lufthansa, Fresenius SE, Linde, and Adidas appear among the leaders, having added between 0.3% and 1.2%.
UK's FTSE is lower by 0.1% with media and consumer names on the defensive. Burberry Group, Barratt Developments, Sky, and ITV are all down between 1.2% and 2.3%. On the upside, Aberdeen Asset Management has jumped 3.8%.
In France, the CAC is lower by 0.4% with most components in the red. Peugeot, Safran, Valeo, and Total hold losses between 1.3% and 2.0%. On the flip side, Credit Agricole outperforms with a gain of 1.0%.

8:26 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: -5.30. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -9.50.

U.S. equity futures remain just below their flat lines as the quiet morning continues.

The trading week is on course for a subdued start with investors responding to a few quarterly reports that have crossed this morning; however, none of today's reports have come from market-moving names.

Last week, the Dollar Index (96.95, -0.18) returned to levels last seen in August, but today, the index is lower by 0.2% with the dollar giving up 0.5% to the Japanese yen (120.90) and trading lower by 0.1% against the euro (1.1023).

7:54 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: -5.20. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -10.50.

U.S. equity futures trade modestly lower amid mixed action overseas. The S&P 500 futures hover five points below fair value after spending the night in a six-point range.

Meanwhile, Treasuries hold slim gains with the 10-yr yield down two basis points at 2.07%.

Today's economic data will be limited to the 10:00 ET release of the September New Home Sales report (Briefing.com consensus 550K).

In U.S. corporate news of note:

Check Point Software (CHKP 80.80, +0.37): +0.5% after beating earnings estimates.
Lending Tree (TREE 108.90, +10.90): +11.1% in reaction to better than expected earnings and upbeat guidance.
Xerox (XRX 10.48, +0.14): +1.4% after reporting a one-cent beat on below-consensus revenue. The company's Board of Directors has authorized a review of business portfolio and capital allocation options.
Sohu.com (SOHU 44.77, -0.58): -1.3% after below-consensus revenue and below-consensus revenue guidance overshadowed earnings of $1.27/share that may not compare to estimates.

Reviewing overnight developments:

Asian markets ended mixed. Hong Kong's Hang Seng -0.2%, China's Shanghai Composite +0.5%, and Japan's Nikkei +0.7%
In economic data:
Singapore's September Industrial Production +0.5% month-over-month (expected 1.0%; prior -3.7%); -4.8% year-over-year (consensus -4.6%; last -7.1%)
In news:
China's Premier Li Keqiang said that the country's 7.0% growth target is not one that should be "defended to the death," and that 6.9% Q3 growth represents a reasonable reading

Major European indices trade mostly lower. Germany's DAX +0.1%, France's CAC -0.6%, and UK's FTSE -0.2%. Elsewhere, Italy's MIB -0.5% and Spain's IBEX -0.2%
Participants received several data points:
Germany's October Ifo Business Climate Index 108.2 (expected 107.8; prior 108.5) as Business Expectations rose to 103.8 from 103.3 (expected 102.4) and Current Assessment fell to 112.6 from 114.0 (consensus 113.5)
UK's BBA Mortgage Approvals 44,500 (expected 46,200; prior 46,600) and CBI Industrial Trends Orders fell to -18 from -7 (consensus -8)
Spain's PPI -3.6% year-over-year (prior -2.2%)
Among news of note:
According to the Ifo Institute, the Volkswagen scandal has had no impact on Germany's auto industry as the domestic economy remains vigilant

5:52 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: -6.30. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -12.60.

5:52 am: [BRIEFING.COM] Nikkei...18947.12...+121.80...+0.70%. Hang Seng...23116.25...-35.70...-0.20%.

5:52 am: [BRIEFING.COM] FTSE...6429.47...-14.60...-0.20%. DAX...10822.69...+28.20...+0.30%.

Special thanks to Bloomberg, Briefing, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance for their market summaries. gm

Best Regards,
M.A. Perry
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
Image@ http://twitter.com/wrbtrader Image@ http://stocktwits.com/wrbtrader

http://www.thestrategylab.com
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
Skype Messenger: kebec2002
wrbanalysis@gmail.com