TheStrategyLab.com Price Action Trading Support Forum

Forum for price action traders that want to learn WRB Analysis basic tutorial chapters 1, 2 and 3 prior to purchasing our advance trade methods. Hashtags: #wrbanalysis #wrbzone #wrbhiddengap #priceaction #trading
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: October 19th Monday Trade Results - Profit $2005.00
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:54 am 
Site Admin

Trade Results of M.A. Perry
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
Price Action Trading (no technical indicators)
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
Free Chat Room: http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164
Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
wrbanalysis@gmail.com (24/7)
http://twitter.com/wrbtrader (24/7)

Attachment:
101915-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-PnL-Blotter-Profit+2005.00.png
101915-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-PnL-Blotter-Profit+2005.00.png [ 95.89 KiB | Viewed 352 times ]

click on the above image to view today's performance verification

Price Action Trade Performance for Today: Emini TF ($TF_F) futures @ $1780.00 dollars or +17.80 points, Emini ES ($ES_F) futures @ $225.00 dollars or +4.50 points, Light Crude Oil CL ($CL_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Gold GC ($GC_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points and EuroFX 6E ($6E_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.0000 ticks. Total Profit @ $2005.00 dollars

Russell 2000 Emini TF Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ The ICE
S&P 500 Emini ES Futures: 1 tick or 0.25 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Light Crude Oil CL (WTI) Futures: 1 tick or 0.01 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Gold GC Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
EuroFX 6E Futures: 1 tick or 0.0001 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup

Trade Log: All of my trades were posted real-time in the timestamp ##TheStrategyLab free chat room. You can read today's price action trading information about my trades (e.g. time, price entry, contract size, price exit) as the trade traversed to its completion. Also, sometimes I'll post real-time trading tips in ##TheStrategyLab chat room involving WRBs, WRB Hidden GAPs, Key Market Events (KME), Tutorial Chapters 2 & 3, WRB Zones, Reaction Highs/Lows, Contracting Volatility or Expanding Volatility. Its all archived @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/ftchat/forum/viewtopic.php?f=148&t=2197

Quote:
All of my real-time posted trades involves price action concepts from the WRB Analysis free study guide, Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 4 - 12 and the Volatility Trading Report (VTR) trade signal strategies. Analysis -----> Trade Signals

Also, posted below are direct links to information about my price action trade methodology and trading plan (there's a difference between the two) that enables me to identify key trading areas in the price action that represent changes in supply/demand and volatility along with being able to exploit these changes via WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis). I'm primarily a day trader because it suits my personal lifestyle but I do occasionally swing trade and position trade. Simply, my trade method is applicable for position trading, swing trading and day trading.

Image ##TheStrategyLab Chat Room is free. Members and I use the chat room to post WRB Analysis commentary, real-time trades and to post anything else related to trading. The chat room helps me tremendously in my own trading because I use it to document (journal) general volatility analysis involving WRB Analysis so that I can easily review at a later date my thoughts as I interacted with the markets...info I can not get from my broker statements. Also, this is not a signal calling chat room where a head trader tells you when to buy or sell and I do not have the time/energy/resources to manage a signal calling chat room. Access instructions for chat room @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164

Image Price Action Analysis via Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/WRBAnalysisTutorials.htm and there's a free study guide of the WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1, 2 and 3 @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=718

Analysis -----> Trade Signals

Image Trade Signal Strategies via Volatility Trading Report (VTR) @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/VolatilityTrading.htm and there's a free trade signal strategy @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=89 so that you can freely test drive one of our price action trade strategies with support (answering your questions) prior to purchasing the Volatility Trading Report (VTR). All WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1 - 12 are included in the purchase of the Volatility Trading Report (VTR).

Image Daily Trading Plan Routine @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=274&t=2910 contains brief information about trading plan, market context, brokers, trading time frames, position size management and other discussions.

-----------------------------

Market Context Summaries

The below summaries by Bloomberg, Briefing, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance helps me to do a quick review of the fundamentals, FED/ECB/BOE/IMF actions or any important global economic events (e.g. Eurozone, MarketWatch.com) that had an impact on today's price action in many trading instruments I monitor during the trading day. Simply, I'm a strong believer that key market events causes key changes in supply/demand and volatility resulting in trade opportunities (swing points and strong continuation price actions) that reach profit targets. Thus, I pay attention to these key market events, intermarket analysis (e.g. Forex EurUsd, EuroFX 6E futures, Gold GC futures, Light Crude Oil (WTI) CL & Brent Oil futures, Eurex DAX futures, Euronext FTSE100 futures, Emini ES futures, Emini TF futures, Treasury ZB futures and U.S. Dollar Index futures) while using WRB Analysis from one trade to the next trade to give me the market context for price action trading before the appearance of my technical analysis trade signals. Therefore, I maintain these archives to allow me to understand what was happening on any given trading day in the past involving key market events to help better understand my trade decisions (day trading, swing trading, position trading)...something I can not get from my broker statements alone. Further, most financial websites remove (delete) their archives after a few years to make room for new content. Therefore, I maintain my own archives of the news content so that I have it available for me when financial websites no longer archives their content.

Attachment:
101915-Key-Price-Action-Markets.png
101915-Key-Price-Action-Markets.png [ 1.15 MiB | Viewed 388 times ]

click on the above image to view today's price action of key markets

4:10 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] The stock market began the trading week on a quiet note with the major averages spending the Monday session inside narrow ranges. The S&P 500 settled just above its flat line after climbing off its opening low while the Nasdaq Composite (+0.4%) outperformed.

In some ways, the range-bound action was a bit of a surprise considering investors received China's Q3 GDP report over the weekend. The growth report proved to be a mixed bag as GDP beat estimates (+6.9%; consensus 6.8%), but dipped below the official target growth rate of 7.0% year-over-year.

Asian markets took the data in stride with China's Shanghai Composite and Hong Kong's Hang Seng both ending flat; however, the slowdown in the year-over-year growth rate weighed on commodities, sending crude oil lower by 3.0% to $45.90/bbl.

The sell-off in crude oil futures pressured the energy sector (-2.0%) while a major sector component-Halliburton (HAL 37.36, -0.45)-lost 1.2% in reaction to better than expected earnings on below-consensus revenue.

Similar to energy, the materials sector (-0.8%) ended well behind the broader market while the remaining sectors fared better. The top-weighted technology sector (+0.3%) eked out a modest gain while another influential group-financials (unch)-ended just below its flat line despite a 4.8% dive in the shares of Morgan Stanley (MS 32.32, -1.63) brought on by a disappointing earnings report.

Elsewhere among cyclical sectors, the discretionary space (+0.5%) outperformed throughout the day thanks to strength in retail names. Also in the discretionary sector, Weight Watchers (WTW 13.92, +7.13) soared 105.0% after announcing Oprah Winfrey will purchase newly-issued shares representing 10.0% of all shares outstanding.

Moving to the countercyclical side, the health care sector (+0.3%) settled among the leaders after enduring a volatile session that mirrored the price action in biotechnology. The iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 315.94, +1.62) was up more than 2.0% at the start, but surrendered that gain after presidential candidate Hillary Clinton sent a letter to the Food and Drug Administration and the Federal Trade Commission, requesting an inquiry into drug pricing. The biotech ETF returned into the green by the closing bell, ending higher by 0.5%.

Similar to stocks, Treasuries maintained narrow ranges throughout the day with the 10-yr yield ending flat at 2.03%.

Today's participation was a bit below average as just over 800 million shares changed hands at the NYSE floor.

Economic data was limited to the NAHB Housing Market Index for October, which rose to 64 from a downwardly revised 61 (from 62) while the Briefing.com consensus expected the reading to come in at 62. Tomorrow's economic data will be limited to September Housing Starts (Briefing.com consensus 1.15 million) and Building Permits (consensus 1.17 million) with both data points set to cross at 8:30 ET.

Nasdaq Composite +3.6% YTD
S&P 500 -1.2% YTD
Dow Jones Industrial Average -3.3% YTD
Russell 2000 -3.4% YTD

3:40 pm: [BRIEFING.COM]

The dollar index continued to trade higher today, which helped weigh on commodities today
Commodities, as measured by the Bloomberg Commodity Index, fell 1.4% today
Nov WTI crude oil futures slid lower today and was in the red all day
Nov crude ended today's session -3% at $45.90/barrel
Nov natural gas closed +0.4% at $2.44/MMBtu
Metals got hit today too
Dec gold ended floor trading -0.9% at $1172.70/oz, while Dec silver closed -1.6% at $15.84/oz
Dec copper finished -1.7% at $2.36/lb

2:55 pm:

[BRIEFING.COM] The S&P 500 trades lower by 0.2% with one hour remaining in the Monday session. The benchmark index had made a brief appearance above its flat line during morning action, but relative weakness in most sectors-including energy (-2.3%)-has forced the index back into negative territory.

Once today's session ends, investors will receive a modest dose of quarterly earnings with IBM (IBM 148.47, -1.92) headlining that list. Another batch will be released tomorrow morning with Verizon (VZ 44.56, -0.15), United Technologies (UTX 91.56, -1.44), and Canadian Pacific (CP 145.11, -3.30) expected to be in focus.

2:25 pm:

[BRIEFING.COM] Not much change in the market as the S&P 500 (-0.3%) continues drifting right in the middle of its trading range.

Only two sectors remain in the green with consumer discretionary (+0.2%) and consumer staples (+0.1%) holding slim gains while other groups trade in the red. Notably, the health care sector (-0.3%) now trades alongside the S&P 500 after showing relative strength at the start. The health care sector reversed from its high during late morning action after presidential candidate Hillary Clinton sent a letter to the Food and Drug Administration and the Federal Trade Commission, requesting an inquiry into drug pricing.

Elsewhere, Treasuries have ticked back into the green after showing a slim loss earlier. Accordingly, the 10-yr yield is lower by a basis point at 2.02%.

1:55 pm:

[BRIEFING.COM] The S&P 500 hovers in the middle of today's trading range.

With no notable economic news, we look to tomorrow's housing starts report.

Housing starts declined 3.0% in August to 1.126 mln from 1.161 mln in July. The Briefing.com Consensus expects housing starts increased to 1.150 mln in September.

Single-family construction, which jumped to a seven-year high in July, pulled back a bit in August. These starts declined 3.0% to 739,000. Construction levels remain above their recent three-month and twelve-month trends, which suggests that there is still more room for single-family construction to fall in September.

Multifamily starts declined to 381,000 in August from 399,000 in July. While volatility is normal in this sector, levels are likely to average at about 400,000 over the next several months.

1:25 pm:

[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages continue drifting near their flat lines with the Nasdaq Composite (+0.1%) defending a slim gain. The tech-heavy index has backed away from its early high as part of a move that coincided with a pullback in biotechnology. The iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 313.50, -0.82) is now down 0.3% after being up 2.1% earlier today.

As for large technology names, Alphabet (GOOGL 697.47, +2.15), Facebook (FB 97.91, +0.37), and Intel (INTC 33.51, +0.47) show gains between 0.3% and 1.4% while Apple (AAPL 110.95, -0.09), IBM (IBM 149.06, -1.33), and Oracle (ORCL 36.76, -0.61) have given up between 0.1% and 1.6%.

12:55 pm:
Related Quotes

[BRIEFING.COM] The stock market is little changed at midday with the Dow (-0.1%), S&P 500 (-0.1%), and Nasdaq (+0.2%) trading within an earshot of their respective flat lines.

The new trading week has gotten off to a very quiet start despite the weekend release of China's Q3 GDP report, which beat estimates (+6.9%; consensus 6.8%), but dipped below the official target growth rate of 7.0% year-over-year.

China's GDP report has been met with a muted reaction in global equity markets, but commodities have responded with a retreat. Most notably, crude oil has slumped 2.4%, sliding to $46.56/bbl. Accordingly, the energy sector (-2.0%) has traded well behind other groups since the start of today's session. On the earnings front, Halliburton (HAL 37.09, -0.72) has surrendered 1.9% in reaction to better than expected earnings on below-consensus revenue.

Outside of energy, the materials sector (-1.0%) also shows relative weakness while the remaining cyclical groups trade just above their flat lines with the consumer discretionary sector (+0.4%) showing relative strength. It is worth noting that Weight Watchers (WTW 13.45, +6.66) has surged 98.0% after announcing Oprah Winfrey will purchase newly-issued shares representing 10.0% of all shares outstanding.

Elsewhere, the heavily-weighted financial sector (+0.1%) sits just above its flat line even though Morgan Stanley (MS 32.16, -1.79) has slid 5.3% after reporting below-consensus results.

Similar to stocks, Treasuries have traded inside narrow ranges with the 10-yr yield higher by a basis point at 2.05%.

Today's economic data was limited to the NAHB Housing Market Index for October, which rose to 64 from a downwardly revised 61 (from 62) while the Briefing.com consensus expected the reading to come in at 62.

12:25 pm:

[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages remain near their flat lines after climbing off their opening lows. The S&P 500 (-0.1%) has ticked back into the red after showing a slim gain not long ago.

All in all, the early portion of today's session has been very quiet with stocks slowly crawling off their opening lows. The energy sector (-1.9%) remains well behind other groups while most influential sectors hover near their flat lines. To that point, the three largest sectors by weight-technology, financials, and health care-all trade within 0.1% of their respective flat lines.

Elsewhere, Treasuries have set new lows for the day before inching back into their prior range with the 10-yr yield up one basis point at 2.04%.

11:55 am:

[BRIEFING.COM] Recent action saw the S&P 500 climb above its flat line to join the Nasdaq Composite (+0.5%) in the green.

As mentioned earlier, health care (+0.5%) and consumer discretionary (+0.4%) sectors have been gathering steam for the past 90 minutes or so, and both groups remain ahead of their peers. On the flip side, four sectors continue holding losses with energy (-2.0%) pressured by continued weakness in crude oil as the energy component trades lower by 2.5% at $46.51/bbl.

Despite today's decline, the energy sector remains higher by 10.8% for the month while the remaining sectors hold month-to-date gains between 2.9% (utilities) and 9.6% (materials).

11:25 am:

[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages have continued ranging near their recent levels with the S&P 500 (-0.1%) sporting a slim loss while the Nasdaq (+0.3%) outperforms.

At this juncture, five sectors trade with gains while the other five display losses. The health care sector (+0.2%) remains ahead of the broader market, but the group has been overtaken by the discretionary sector (+0.3%). The growth-sensitive sector has been underpinned by retailers while homebuilders have also shown some strength after the NAHB Housing Market Index for October rose to 64 from 51 (Briefing.com consensus 62). The iShares Dow Jones US Home Construction ETF (ITB 27.44, +0.07) is higher by 0.3% at this time.

Similar to the discretionary sector, the consumer staples space (+0.1%) trades ahead of the broader market.

10:55 am:

[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages have climbed off their opening lows, but the S&P 500 (-0.3%) remains in negative territory while the Nasdaq (+0.1%) has turned positive thanks to relative strength in biotechnology. The iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 318.57, +4.25) is higher by 1.4% while the broader health care sector trades up 0.2%.

Outside of health care, most of the remaining sectors continue trading in the red with the energy space (-1.5%) at the bottom of the leaderboard due to a 2.0% decline in crude oil, which has slid to $46.77/bbl.

Elsewhere, Treasuries have ticked back into the red with the 10-yr yield up one basis point at 2.04%.

10:30 am: [BRIEFING.COM]

The dollar index trended modestly positive overnight, and rallied in early trade to highs near the 94.95 level
The dollar saw a small-pullback from that level in recent trade, but is still holding moderate gains for the session at +0.2% to 94.97
Note tomorrow's Housing Start and Building Permit data releases (at 8:30 am ET) may be watched by dollar investors, as a data point for rate hike decision-making.
Crude has been trading the red all morning, selling-off to lows below the $46.50/barrel level at one point in early trade.
Drivers of WTI trading this morning have been the release of historically-weak Q3 GDP data out of China (in-line with analyst estimates at 6.9%) and a strengthening dollar
The official signing of the Iran Nuclear Deal this weekend may also be helping fuel oil's losses- see comment at 08:05 for additional color
December WTI house bounced off session lows, but is still -2.1% to $46.72/barrel
Natural gas has held steady gains all morning at +1% to $2.46/MMBtu
Precious metals are suffering from the higher green-back, with silver also seeing industrial headwinds from market reactions to the weak Chinese GDP data
Gold is now -0.9% to $1172.30/oz and silver is -2% to $15.79/oz
Copper is holding solid losses at -1.7% to $2.36/lb

10:00 am:

[BRIEFING.COM] The S&P 500 trades lower by 0.2%.

Just released, the NAHB Housing Market Index for October rose to 64 from a downwardly revised 61 (from 62) while the Briefing.com consensus expected the reading to come in at 62.

9:35 am:

[BRIEFING.COM] As expected, the major averages began the trading day under pressure with the S&P 500 trading lower by 0.4% with all ten sectors showing opening losses.

Unsurprisingly, the energy sector (-1.0%) has paced the opening retreat amid weakness in crude oil prices as WTI crude trades lower by 2.3% at $46.62/bbl. Similarly, the materials sector (-0.8%) also trades near the bottom of the leaderboard while the remaining eight groups hold slimmer losses.

Elsewhere, Treasuries hover just above their flat lines after maintaining a narrow range through the night with the 10-yr yield at 2.03% (-1 bp).

The NAHB Housing Market Index for October (Briefing.com consensus 62) will be released at 10:00 ET.

9:13 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: -9.10. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -11.60.

The stock market is on track for a modestly lower open as S&P 500 futures trade nine points below fair value after slipping from their highs at the star of the European session. All in all, the pre-market action has been confined to a narrow range despite the release of China's Q3 GDP report, which beat estimates (6.9%; consensus 6.8%), but came in below the official target of 7.0%.

China's growth report had little impact on Asian equities as the Shanghai Composite shed 0.1% while the Hang Seng added 0.1%. However, commodities have retreated with crude oil trading lower by 1.8% at $46.88/bbl.

Investors have received a few earnings reports this morning with Morgan Stanley (MS 32.06, -1.89) down 5.6% in pre-market in reaction to disappointing results. Elsewhere, Halliburton (HAL 37.32, -0.49) is on track to open lower by 1.3% in reaction to better than expected earnings on below-consensus revenue.

Treasuries are little changed with the 10-yr yield at 2.03%.

Today's economic data will be limited to the 10:00 ET release of the NAHB Housing Market Index for October (Briefing.com consensus 62).

8:53 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: -8.30. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -13.10.

The S&P 500 futures trade eight points below fair value.

Traders found themselves preoccupied Monday with a batch of economic data out of China, which featured a better than expected Q3 GDP report. September retail sales were also better than expected, yet September industrial production and fixed asset investment were weaker than expected. The mixed data set the tone for a relatively mixed day of trading action, which saw the major indices restricted to gains or losses that didn't exceed 1.0%. China's Shanghai Composite dipped 0.1% while Japan's Nikkei declined 0.9% after Finance Minister Aso reportedly downplayed the need for more policy stimulus at this time.

In economic data:
China's Q3 GDP +1.8% quarter-over-quarter (expected +1.7%; prior +1.7%); +6.9% year-over-year (expected +6.8%; prior +7.0%). Separately, September Industrial Production +5.7% year-over-year (expected +6.0%; prior +6.1%), September Fixed Asset Investment +10.3% year-over-year (expected +10.8%; prior +10.9%), and September Retail Sales +10.9% year-over-year (expected +10.8%; prior +10.8%)
New Zealand's Q3 Labor Cost Index +0.5% quarter-over-quarter (expected +0.5%; prior +0.5%)

------

Japan's Nikkei declined 0.9% and ended near its lows for the day on stepped-up selling pressure in the afternoon trade. The weakest links were the materials (-1.8%), industrials (-1.7%), and financials (-1.3%) sectors. Asahi Kasei Corp (-8.5%), Sumco Corp (-5.8%), and NSK Ltd (-4.7%) were the worst-performing stocks. Nippon Soda (+14.3%), Shiseido (+3.5%), and Tokyo Electric Power (+3.4%) topped the list of winners. Out of the 225 index members, 51 ended higher, 170 finished lower, and 4 were unchanged.
Hong Kong's Hang Seng edged up 0.04%, eking out a fractional gain thanks to a burst of buying interest over the final two hours. That late push mirrored a similar move in the mainland market. China Merchants Holdings International (+3.0%), China Resources Power Holdings (+2.1%), and China Mobile (+1.9%) were the best-performing issues while Sands China (-6.4%), Galaxy Entertainment (-5.0%), and Swire Pacific (-2.8%) brought up the rear. Out of the 50 index members, 23 ended higher, 23 finished lower, and 4 were unchanged.
China's Shanghai Composite declined 0.1% after being down 1.0% with less than an hour to go in the trading session. A late burst of buying interest helped limit the damage, which saw the Composite drop 2.0% from its intraday high to its intraday low. The aforementioned high came in the morning session as traders digested China's better than expected Q3 GDP report and other data points.

Major European indices trade in mixed fashion after sliding from their early highs. It is worth noting that European Central Bank member Ewald Nowotny said that fiscal policy in the eurozone may need to shift to expansive from neutral.

Investors did not receive any economic data of note

------

UK's FTSE is lower by 0.5% after surrendering its early gain. Miners and consumer names have paced the decline with Anglo American, Fresnillo, Glencore, Randgold Resources, and Tesco down between 1.6% and 5.2%. On the upside, financials lead with Barclays, Experian, and Old Mutual showing gains between 0.6% and 0.8%.
France's CAC trades down 0.3% with energy names among the laggards while consumer names outperform. Technip and Total hold respective losses of 1.4% and 0.8%. On the upside, Danone, L'Oreal, and Orange have gained between 0.8% and 2.2%.
Germany's DAX remains higher by 0.3% with Deutsche Bank in the lead. The stock has spiked 2.8% while Commerzbank trades up 1.0%. On the downside, Volkswagen has given up 2.2%.

8:25 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: -7.70. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -7.40.

U.S. equity futures have ticked down to fresh lows with S&P 500 futures now down eight points below fair value.

Investors have received a few quarterly reports this morning and Morgan Stanley (MS 32.09, -1.86) is likely to exert some pressure on the financial sector considering the stock is lower by 5.5% in pre-market in reaction to below-consensus earnings and revenue.

On a related note, a handful of other financials like Bank of America (BAC 16.02, -0.10), Citigroup (C 52.31, -0.38), and Goldman Sachs (GS 183.97, -1.21) also trade with pre-market losses.

7:56 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: -6.10. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -3.90.

U.S. equity futures trade modestly lower after slipping from their overnight highs shortly after the start of the European session. The S&P 500 futures hover six points below fair value after spending the night in a nine-point trading range.

Meanwhile, Treasuries hold slim losses with the 10-yr yield up one basis point at 2.05%.

Today's economic data will be limited to the 10:00 ET release of the NAHB Housing Market Index for October (Briefing.com consensus 62).

In U.S. corporate news of note:

Hasbro (HAS 78.21, +0.43): +0.6% after beating earnings estimates on in-line revenue.
Halliburton (HAL 37.50, -0.31): -0.8% in reaction to better than expected earnings on below-consensus revenue.
Morgan Stanley (MS 31.95, -2.00): -5.9% after reporting below-consensus results.
Valeant Pharmaceuticals (VRX 169.00, -8.56): -4.8% despite beating earnings estimates and slightly raising its Q4 guidance.

Reviewing overnight developments:

Asian markets ended mixed. Japan's Nikkei -0.9%, China's Shanghai Composite -0.1%, and Hong Kong's Hang Seng settled flat
In economic data:
China's Q3 GDP +1.8% quarter-over-quarter (expected +1.7%; prior +1.7%); +6.9% year-over-year (expected +6.8%; prior +7.0%). Separately, September Industrial Production +5.7% year-over-year (expected +6.0%; prior +6.1%), September Fixed Asset Investment +10.3% year-over-year (expected +10.8%; prior +10.9%), and September Retail Sales +10.9% year-over-year (expected +10.8%; prior +10.8%)
New Zealand's Q3 Labor Cost Index +0.5% quarter-over-quarter (expected +0.5%; prior +0.5%)
Hong Kong's September Unemployment Rate held at 3.3%, as expected
In news:
China's Q3 GDP surpassed estimates, but showed that the rate of growth has dipped below the 7.0% year-over-year target rate

Major European indices trade mostly higher. Germany's DAX +0.5%, France's CAC -0.1%, and UK's FTSE -0.3%. Elsewhere, Italy's MIB +0.3% and Spain's IBEX -0.3%
Investors did not receive any economic data of note
In news:
European Central Bank member Ewald Nowotny said that fiscal policy in the eurozone may need to shift to expansive from neutral

5:52 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: -2.50. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +3.80.

5:52 am: [BRIEFING.COM] Nikkei...18131.23...-160.60...-0.90%. Hang Seng...23075.61...+8.20...+0.00%.

5:52 am: [BRIEFING.COM] FTSE...6371.81...-6.20...-0.10%. DAX...10183.49...+79.10...+0.80%.

Special thanks to Bloomberg, Briefing, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance for their market summaries. gm

Best Regards,
M.A. Perry
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
Image@ http://twitter.com/wrbtrader Image@ http://stocktwits.com/wrbtrader

http://www.thestrategylab.com
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
Skype Messenger: kebec2002
wrbanalysis@gmail.com