TheStrategyLab.com Price Action Trading Support Forum

Forum for price action traders that want to learn WRB Analysis basic tutorial chapters 1, 2 and 3 prior to purchasing our advance trade methods. Hashtags: #wrbanalysis #wrbzone #wrbhiddengap #priceaction #trading
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: October 7th Wednesday Trade Results - Profit $2625.00
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:07 am 
Site Admin

Trade Results of M.A. Perry
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
Price Action Trading (no technical indicators)
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
Free Chat Room: http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164
Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
wrbanalysis@gmail.com (24/7)
http://twitter.com/wrbtrader (24/7)

Attachment:
100715-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-PnL-Blotter-Profit+2625.00.png
100715-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-PnL-Blotter-Profit+2625.00.png [ 91.85 KiB | Viewed 367 times ]

click on the above image to view today's performance verification

Price Action Trade Performance for Today: Emini TF ($TF_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Emini ES ($ES_F) futures @ $2625.00 dollars or +52.50 points, Light Crude Oil CL ($CL_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Gold GC ($GC_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points and EuroFX 6E ($6E_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.0000 ticks. Total Profit @ $2625.00 dollars

Russell 2000 Emini TF Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ The ICE
S&P 500 Emini ES Futures: 1 tick or 0.25 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Light Crude Oil CL (WTI) Futures: 1 tick or 0.01 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Gold GC Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
EuroFX 6E Futures: 1 tick or 0.0001 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup

Trade Log: All of my trades were posted real-time in the timestamp ##TheStrategyLab free chat room. You can read today's price action trading information about my trades (e.g. time, price entry, contract size, price exit) as the trade traversed to its completion. Also, sometimes I'll post real-time trading tips in ##TheStrategyLab chat room involving WRBs, WRB Hidden GAPs, Key Market Events (KME), Tutorial Chapters 2 & 3, WRB Zones, Reaction Highs/Lows, Contracting Volatility or Expanding Volatility. Its all archived @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/ftchat/forum/viewtopic.php?f=148&t=2189

Quote:
All of my real-time posted trades involves price action concepts from the WRB Analysis free study guide, Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 4 - 12 and the Volatility Trading Report (VTR) trade signal strategies. Analysis -----> Trade Signals

Also, posted below are direct links to information about my price action trade methodology and trading plan (there's a difference between the two) that enables me to identify key trading areas in the price action that represent changes in supply/demand and volatility along with being able to exploit these changes via WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis). I'm primarily a day trader because it suits my personal lifestyle but I do occasionally swing trade and position trade. Simply, my trade method is applicable for position trading, swing trading and day trading.

Image ##TheStrategyLab Chat Room is free. Members and I use the chat room to post WRB Analysis commentary, real-time trades and to post anything else related to trading. The chat room helps me tremendously in my own trading because I use it to document (journal) general volatility analysis involving WRB Analysis so that I can easily review at a later date my thoughts as I interacted with the markets...info I can not get from my broker statements. Also, this is not a signal calling chat room where a head trader tells you when to buy or sell and I do not have the time/energy/resources to manage a signal calling chat room. Access instructions for chat room @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164

Image Price Action Analysis via Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/WRBAnalysisTutorials.htm and there's a free study guide of the WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1, 2 and 3 @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=718

Analysis -----> Trade Signals

Image Trade Signal Strategies via Volatility Trading Report (VTR) @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/VolatilityTrading.htm and there's a free trade signal strategy @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=89 so that you can freely test drive one of our price action trade strategies with support (answering your questions) prior to purchasing the Volatility Trading Report (VTR). All WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1 - 12 are included in the purchase of the Volatility Trading Report (VTR).

Image Daily Trading Plan Routine @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=274&t=2910 contains brief information about trading plan, market context, brokers, trading time frames, position size management and other discussions.

-----------------------------

Market Context Summaries

The below summaries by Bloomberg, Briefing, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance helps me to do a quick review of the fundamentals, FED/ECB/BOE/IMF actions or any important global economic events (e.g. Eurozone, MarketWatch.com) that had an impact on today's price action in many trading instruments I monitor during the trading day. Simply, I'm a strong believer that key market events causes key changes in supply/demand and volatility resulting in trade opportunities (swing points and strong continuation price actions) that reach profit targets. Thus, I pay attention to these key market events, intermarket analysis (e.g. Forex EurUsd, EuroFX 6E futures, Gold GC futures, Light Crude Oil (WTI) CL & Brent Oil futures, Eurex DAX futures, Euronext FTSE100 futures, Emini ES futures, Emini TF futures, Treasury ZB futures and U.S. Dollar Index futures) while using WRB Analysis from one trade to the next trade to give me the market context for price action trading before the appearance of my technical analysis trade signals. Therefore, I maintain these archives to allow me to understand what was happening on any given trading day in the past involving key market events to help better understand my trade decisions (day trading, swing trading, position trading)...something I can not get from my broker statements alone. Further, most financial websites remove (delete) their archives after a few years to make room for new content. Therefore, I maintain my own archives of the news content so that I have it available for me when financial websites no longer archives their content.

Attachment:
100715-Key-Price-Action-Markets.png
100715-Key-Price-Action-Markets.png [ 1.12 MiB | Viewed 305 times ]

click on the above image to view today's price action of key markets

4:10 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] The stock market ended the Wednesday session on a higher note with the S&P 500 climbing 0.8% while the Nasdaq Composite (+0.9%) settled a bit ahead despite showing relative weakness in the early going.

Overall, the midweek session was very quiet, but there was some volatility present in the market as stocks surrendered their opening gains going into the afternoon, but returned into the middle of their ranges by the closing bell. It is worth noting that the pullback from opening highs occurred after the S&P 500 made a brief appearance above its 50-day moving average (1,997), which also served as resistance during afternoon action.

Similar to yesterday, commodity-sensitive energy (+1.3%) and materials (+1.3%) paced the opening move higher, but both sectors surrendered a portion of their gains as the session wore on. The energy sector was up nearly 2.5% at the start, but retreated from its high as crude oil erased its intraday gain. The energy component settled lower by 1.5% at $47.81/bbl after sliding from its intraday high in reaction to the latest Energy Information Administration's inventory report, which showed a 3.07 million barrel build.

Staying on the cyclical side, the largest sector by weight-technology (+0.4%)-underperformed throughout the day, but was able to climb off its low into the close. Large sector components like Apple (AAPL 110.67, -0.64), Alphabet (GOOGL 670.00, -1.64), and Oracle (ORCL 37.66, -0.07) lost between 0.2% and 0.6% while high-beta chipmakers outperformed, sending the PHLX Semiconductor Index higher by 1.5%.

The afternoon rebound in technology helped the Nasdaq overtake the S&P 500 while biotechnology also contributed to the late strength in the tech-heavy index. The iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 307.81, +5.90) climbed 2.0%, snapping its two-day skid, while the health care sector (+1.5%) settled in the lead.

Also of note, the consumer discretionary sector (+0.3%) struggled in the early going, but ended the day in the green despite an 18.8% plunge in the shares of Yum! Brands (YUM 67.70, -15.72) after the company reported disappointing results and guided below analyst expectations.

Unlike stocks, Treasuries spent the day in negative territory, ending the day with modest losses. Accordingly, the benchmark 10-yr yield rose three basis points to 2.07%.

Today's participation was well above average with more than 1.15 billion shares changing hands at the NYSE floor.

Economic data included Consumer Credit and MBA Mortgage Index:

The consumer credit report for August showed an increase of $16.00 billion, which was lower than the Briefing.com consensus estimate of $19.50 billion
The prior month's credit growth was revised down to $18.90 billion from $19.10 billion
The weekly MBA Mortgage Index surged 25.5% to follow last week's 6.7% decline

Tomorrow, weekly Initial Claims will be reported at 8:30 ET (Briefing.com consensus 275,000) while the September FOMC Minutes will be released at 14:00 ET.

Nasdaq Composite +1.2% YTD
S&P 500 -3.1% YTD
Dow Jones Industrial Average -5.1% YTD
Russell 2000 -4.3% YTD

3:35 pm: [BRIEFING.COM]

WTI crude oil futures were running strong today until the weekly EIA storage data came out at 10:30am ET.
Front-month Nov crude oil ran as high as $49.59/barrel, but ended the day -1.4% at $47.85/barrel
In other energy, Nov natural gas closed unchanged at $2.47/MMBtu.
Both RBOB and heating oil finished lower
Metals gained some steam, but posted modest to decent gains
Dec silver ran +0.8% today to $16.07/oz, while Dec gold rose +0.2% at $1148.70/oz
Dec copper climbed one cent to $2.37/lb

3:00 pm:

[BRIEFING.COM] The S&P 500 trades higher by 0.3% with one hour remaining in the session.

The Consumer Credit report for August was just released by the Federal Reserve and it showed an increase of $16.00 billion. That was lower than the Briefing.com consensus estimate of $19.50 billion. The prior month's credit growth was revised to $18.90 billion from $19.10 billion.

2:25 pm:

[BRIEFING.COM] Equity indices continue hovering near their recent levels with the S&P 500 (+0.5%) trading in-line with the Nasdaq Composite (+0.5%). The two indices have converged during afternoon action after the Nasdaq had struggled to keep pace with the market in the early going.

The early underperformance in the Nasdaq was due to losses in the technology sector, but the top-weighted group has narrowed its loss to 0.2% after being down more than 0.5%. Meanwhile, biotechnology has fared well after enduring a shaky start. The iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 308.40, +6.49) is now up 2.2% while the health care sector (+1.4%) holds the lead.

Elsewhere, Treasuries continue drifting near their lows with the 10-yr yield up three basis points at 2.07%.

1:55 pm:

[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages have returned into the neighborhood of their opening levels.

With a lack of economic data, we focus on today's mortgage purchasing applications report.

Mortgage applications increased 25.5% for the week ending October 3 after declining 6.7% during the week ending September 26.

On the surface, the increase in applications would suggest that home sales demand is improving. However, that would likely be an incorrect conclusion.

New regulations that will delay closings by six business days went into effect on October 3. There has been talk that the delay in closing could give a buying advantage to all-cash purchasers. Therefore, there was an incentive for mortgage holders to apply for loans before the new regulations took effect.

With applications pulled forward, the index should decline significantly next week.

1:30 pm:

[BRIEFING.COM] After slumping into negative territory earlier this morning, the major U.S. indices continue to drift back up towards their earlier session highs.

A look inside the Dow Jones Industrial Average shows Johnson & Johnson (JNJ 95.19, +1.77), Merck & Co (MRK 50.70, +0.90), and Boeing (BA 136.83, +2.20) are outperforming. JNJ and Merck are higher as the health care sector rallies back from recent weakness, pushing out the best sector performance in today's session. Boeing is also catching a bid as the industrial sector outperforms the broad market.

Conversely, Nike (NKE 121.78, -1.41) is the worst-performing Dow component following Yum (YUM 68.00, -15.42) and NuSkin's (NUS 35.13, -11.44) cautious commentary on China last night when they commented on their quarterly results.

For the week, the DJIA is +2.2% and now up 3.4% this month.
Related Quotes

Elsewhere, the $21 bln 10-year note auction at the top of the hour (reopening) drew a high yield of 2.066% on a bid-to-cover of 2.59.

12:55 pm:

[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages are little changed at midday after sliding from their opening highs. The Nasdaq Composite hovers near its flat line while the S&P 500 (+0.1%) trades a bit ahead.

Equity indices began the midweek affair on a higher note after the overnight session featured another rally in Europe, which followed the release of disappointing economic data in Germany. Domestically, the key indices notched their highs during the opening hour, but they have backed away from those levels due to losses in a few influential sectors. Most notably, the top-weighted technology sector (-0.5%) has struggled since the early going, dragging the market down with it. Large sector components like Apple (AAPL 109.63, -1.68), Alphabet (GOOGL 660.57, -11.07), and Microsoft (MSFT 46.38, -0.37) hold losses between 0.8% and 1.7% while high-beta chipmakers have shown some relative strength. The PHLX Semiconductor Index remains higher by 0.2% with roughly half of its components trading in the green.

Elsewhere, the consumer discretionary sector (-0.3%) has also contributed to the pullback from early highs. A large portion of that weakness is due to a 17.8% dive in Yum! Brands (YUM 68.59, -14.83) after the company reported below-consensus results and issued guidance well below analyst expectations.

Also of note, the energy sector (+0.1%) had been up as much as 2.0% at the start, but the sector now trades near its flat line due to an intraday slide in crude oil futures. Currently, WTI crude is little changed at $48.47/bbl after hitting a session high near $49.70/bbl. The pullback in oil has taken place after the release of the latest inventory data, which showed a large build.

Treasuries have spent the first half of the day in the red with the 10-yr yield up two basis points at 2.06%.

Economic data reported this morning was limited to the weekly MBA Mortgage Index, which surged 25.5% to follow last week's 6.7% decline.

The Consumer Credit report for August will cross the wires at 15:00 ET (Briefing.com consensus $19.50 billion).

12:25 pm:

[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages have inched up off their lows, but they remain just above their unchanged levels. The S&P 500 (+0.2%) trades ahead of the Dow (+0.1%) and Nasdaq Composite (+0.1%), but small cap stocks have fared even better, evidenced by a 0.9% gain in the Russell 2000 (+0.9%).

For instance, high-beta chipmaker names continue showing strength with the PHLX Semiconductor Index trading higher by 0.4% despite the continued underperformance in the broader technology sector (-0.4%).

Similarly, biotechnology has charged to a new high after erasing its early loss. The iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 308.59, +6.68) is now up 2.2% while the health care sector (+1.3%) trades ahead of the remaining groups.

11:55 am:

[BRIEFING.COM] Not much change in the market as the Dow (+0.1%), Nasdaq (-0.1%), and S&P 500 (+0.1%) continue hovering near their flat lines after surrendering their opening gains.

Despite the pullback from highs, the key indices continue holding solid gains for the week with two more sessions remaining before the weekend. The Dow has had the best showing so far this week, trading higher by 2.0% since Friday, while the S&P 500 and Nasdaq sport respective week-to-date gains of 1.5% and 0.7%.

It goes without saying that the current standing could change before the weekend, but it is worth noting that some volatility could enter the picture tomorrow afternoon once the Federal Reserve releases the minutes from its last meeting.

11:25 am:

[BRIEFING.COM] Recent action saw the S&P 500 (unch) continue its retreat from opening highs due to losses in a couple influential sectors like technology (-0.7%) and consumer discretionary (-0.4%).

The top-weighted tech sector has struggled since the start, but the group has accelerated its decline not long ago. Meanwhile, the discretionary sector has been pressured by quick-service restaurant names and apparel retailers. Most notably, Yum! Brands (YUM 67.73, -15.69) has tumbled 18.7% in reaction to disappointing quarterly results and cautious guidance.

Also of note, the energy sector (+0.1%) was up near 2.0% at the start of the session, but the growth-sensitive group has retreated amid a pullback in crude oil. To that point, WTI crude has narrowed its gain to just 0.1% at $48.62/bbl after hitting a session high near $49.70/bbl. The pullback in oil has taken place after the release of the latest inventory data, which showed a large build.

10:55 am:

[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages have backed away from their best levels of the day with the S&P 500 narrowing its gain to 0.4% while the Nasdaq Composite (unch) trades just above its flat line.

The tech-heavy Nasdaq underperformed yesterday due to weakness in biotechnology, but today, top-weighted tech names have forced the Nasdaq back to its flat line. The likes of Apple (AAPL 110.45, -0.86), Alphabet (GOOGL 663.87, -7.77), Microsoft (MSFT 46.33, -0.42), and Facebook (FB 92.13, -0.69) show losses between 0.7% and 1.1% while the technology sector (-0.2%) trades behind the remaining groups.

Also of note, the iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 300.98, -0.93) has returned into the red after enduring a volatile start to the trading day. That being said, the health care sector (+0.3%) continues trading in the green.

10:35 am: [BRIEFING.COM]

The dollar traded modestly positive overnight, before being pressed back to near-flat amid notable Yen strength (related to the continuation of current monetary policy)
The index saw some bounce from the unchanged mark however, and is now positive for the session at +0.2% to 95.74
Both gold and silver are trading largely on movement's in the dollar. Both metals are currently in the red for the day, as the index continues to strengthen
December gold is -0.2% to $1,144.20/oz and December silver is -0.2% to $15.96/oz
Crude trended strongly higher overnight, being held well above the close by API storage data released last night, that showed a 1.2 mln barrel draw in weekly inventories
WTI held its gains ahead of the morning's EIA inventory report, despite the report being expected to show an inventory build
Upon release of the data (showing a 3.07 mln barrel build), crude gave up a large portion of its prior gains, and is now +0.5% to $48.79/barrel
Natural gas also saw its own rally in early trade (up from flat overnight) ahead of tomorrow's inventory report, as the market began to look for increased seasonal heating demand to remedy current over-supply conditions. Nat gas is now green at +2.1% to $2.52/MMBtu
Copper is rallying strong, driven by a weakened dollar and a forecast revision by the International Copper Study Group, which now expects a ~130K ton deficit for the red metal in 2016. That forecast previously called for a ~230K ton surplus. Copper is now +1.3% to $2.39/lb

9:55 am:

[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages have added to their early gains with the S&P 500 (+0.8%) now trading in-line with the Dow Jones Industrial Average (+0.8%).

In our opening update we highlighted the early weakness in biotechnology, but the iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 305.00, +3.09) has erased its early loss and now trades higher by 1.2%. The swift rebound in biotechnology has lifted the health care sector (+0.7%) into the green, leaving telecom services (-0.3%) as the lone decliner at this juncture.

Overall, the early action has featured broad-based buying with nearly six NYSE-listed issues trading in the green for each decliner.

9:40 am:

[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages have climbed out of the gate with the Dow Jones Industrial Average (+0.8%) setting the pace for the second consecutive day.

Similar to yesterday, biotechnology has not taken part in the early rally with the iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 298.50, -3.41) trading lower by 1.1% at this time. Meanwhile, the health care sector trades lower by 0.4% while seven of the remaining nine groups trade in the green.

Once again, the energy sector (+2.4%) trades well ahead of its peers. The growth-sensitive sector has drawn early strength from crude oil, which has climbed 1.9% to $49.42/bbl.

Elsewhere, Treasuries remain just above their lowest levels of the day with the 10-yr yield up three basis points at 2.07%.

9:10 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +10.40. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +31.50.

The stock market is on track for a higher open with S&P 500 futures trading ten points above fair value after enjoying a steady rally overnight.

The pre-market advance in futures has coincided with strength in European markets with the latter taking place despite the release of more disappointing economic data. Today, manufacturing data from Germany has disappointed with August Industrial Production (-1.2% month-over-month; +0.2% expected) coming in below estimates following yesterday's below-consensus August Factory Orders report (-1.4% month-over-month; +0.5% expected).

Domestically, the early morning action has been fairly subdued with investors receiving just a few earnings reports. Yum! Brands (YUM 70.52, -12.90) is on track to open lower by 15.5% after reporting below-consensus results and issuing guidance well below analyst expectations.

On the economic front, the weekly MBA Mortgage Index surged 25.5% to follow last week's 6.7% decline while the Consumer Credit report for August will cross the wires at 15:00 ET (Briefing.com consensus $19.50 billion).

Treasuries hover near their overnight lows with the 10-yr yield up four basis points at 2.08%.

8:53 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +11.30. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +33.00.

The S&P 500 futures trade 11 points above fair value.

Markets in the Asia-Pacific region stayed on their rally track Wednesday, bolstered by the rebound in oil prices, which lifted energy stocks, and continued enthusiasm over the idea that the Federal Reserve will not raise rates in the near term. On a related note, the Bank of Japan kept its key policy rate unchanged at 0.10%, as expected. Japan's Nikkei faltered early Wednesday, but rallied late to finish with a 0.8% gain. China's stock market remained closed for holiday, but will re-open Thursday after a seven-day closure.

In economic data:
Japan's August Leading Index -1.5% month-over-month (prior -1.7%) and Coincident Indicator -0.6% (prior -0.2%)
Australia's September AIG Construction Index 51.9 (prior 53.8)

------

Japan's Nikkei increased 0.8%, having rallied 1.6% over the final two hours of trading. Wednesday's gains were forged in the wake of the BOJ's expected decision to leave its key policy rate unchanged at 0.10%. Pacing the gains were the industrials (+2.2%), materials (+1.9%), and financials (+1.4%) sectors. OKUMA Corp (+8.7%), Mitsubishi Corp (+7.3%), and Inpex Corp (+7.2%) were the top-performing issues. Alps Electric (-3.7%), Toray Industries (-2.7%), and Chugai Pharmaceutical (-2.7%) were the biggest laggards. Out of the 225 index members, 178 ended higher, 44 finished lower, and 3 were unchanged.
Hong Kong's Hang Seng surged 3.1% and finished at its highs for the day. A huge boost in energy shares, which followed the spike in oil prices, helped power the advance. CNOOC (+13.7%), China Shenhua Energy (+9.3%), PetroChina (+9.2%), and Kunlun Energy (+8.5%) topped the list of Wednesday's winners. Sands China (-0.5%) led a very small group of losers. Out of the 50 index members, 46 ended higher and 4 finished lower.
China's Shanghai Composite: closed for holiday (National Day)

Major European indices trade higher across the board despite the release of more disappointing economic news. For the second day in a row, manufacturing data from Germany has disappointed with Industrial Production coming in below estimates following yesterday's below-consensus Factory Orders report.

Participants received several data points:
Germany's August Industrial Production -1.2% month-over-month (expected 0.2%; prior 1.2%)
UK's August Industrial Production +1.0% month-over-month (consensus 0.3%; last -0.3%); +1.9% year-over-year (expected 1.2%; prior 0.7%). Separately, August Manufacturing Production +0.5% month-over-month (consensus 0.3%; prior -0.7%); -0.8% year-over-year (expected -0.1%; last -1.2%)
France's August Trade Deficit narrowed to EUR3.00 billion from EUR3.20 billion (expected deficit of EUR3.50 billion)
Spain's August Industrial Production +2.7% year-over-year (expected 4.6%; last 5.2%)

------

UK's FTSE trades higher by 0.6% with roughly half of its components trading in the green. Miners lead with Anglo American, Antofagasta, Rio Tinto, and Glencore up between 5.2% and 9.7%. On the flip side, consumer and health care names lag with Hikma Pharmaceuticals, easyJet, International Consolidated Airlines, and Marks & Spencer down between 2.8% and 4.5%.
In France, the CAC is higher by 0.8% amid strength in industrial names. ArcelorMittal has surged 9.2% while automakers Peugeot and Renault follow with respective gains of 4.4% and 7.3%. Financials have also shown strength with BNP Paribas, Credit Agricole, and Societe Generale up between 0.6% and 2.7%.
Germany's DAX has spiked 1.1% amid gains in most of its components. Volkswagen leads with a gain of 8.8% while peers BMW and Daimler hold respective gains of 4.6% and 4.0%. On the downside, drugmakers Bayer and Merck trade lower by 1.1% and 1.8%, respectively.

8:24 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +9.30. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +29.50.

Equity index futures continue holding solid pre-market gains with S&P 500 futures hovering nine points above fair value.

Meanwhile, the Dollar Index (95.41, -0.04) is little changed as the greenback continues consolidating against other currencies. Last evening, the dollar retreated slightly against the yen after the Bank of Japan made no changes to its monetary policy, leaving its key interest rate at 0.10%. The dollar/yen pair fell from 120.30 to 119.85 in reaction to the news, but that loss has been cut in half, pushing the currency pair back up to 120.10, which has been an area of congestion as of late.

7:54 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +10.40. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +32.00.

U.S. equity futures hold solid pre-market gains after climbing steadily overnight. The S&P 500 futures hover ten points above fair value after hitting pre-market highs shortly after the start of the overnight session.

Meanwhile, Treasuries sit near their lows with the 10-yr yield up three basis points at 2.07%.

On the economic front, the weekly MBA Mortgage Index surged 25.5% to follow last week's 6.7% decline while the Consumer Credit report for August will be released at 15:00 ET (Briefing.com consensus $19.50 billion).

In U.S. corporate news of note:

Yum! Brands (YUM 70.75, -12.67): -15.2% after reporting below-consensus results and issuing guidance well below analyst expectations.
Constellation Brands (STZ 134.99, +3.67): +2.8% after beating bottom-line estimates and raising its earnings guidance above consensus estimates.
RPM International (RPM 42.00, -1.35): -3.1%in reaction to disappointing results and lowered guidance.

Reviewing overnight developments:

Asian markets ended higher. Hong Kong's Hang Seng +3.1%, Japan's Nikkei +0.8%, and China's Shanghai Composite remained closed for Golden Week.
In economic data:
Japan's August Leading Index -1.5% month-over-month (prior -1.7%) and Coincident Indicator -0.6% (prior -0.2%)
Australia's September AIG Construction Index 51.9 (prior 53.8)
In news:
The Bank of Japan made no changes to its monetary policy, leaving the key interest rate at 0.10%

Major European indices trade higher across the board. Germany's DAX +1.1%, France's CAC +0.7%, and UK's FTSE +0.6%. Elsewhere, Italy's MIB +0.2% and Spain's IBEX +0.8%
Participants received several data points:
Germany's August Industrial Production -1.2% month-over-month (expected 0.2%; prior 1.2%)
UK's August Industrial Production +1.0% month-over-month (consensus 0.3%; last -0.3%); +1.9% year-over-year (expected 1.2%; prior 0.7%). Separately, August Manufacturing Production +0.5% month-over-month (consensus 0.3%; prior -0.7%); -0.8% year-over-year (expected -0.1%; last -1.2%)
France's August Trade Deficit narrowed to EUR3.00 billion from EUR3.20 billion (expected deficit of EUR3.50 billion)
Spain's August Industrial Production +2.7% year-over-year (expected 4.6%; last 5.2%)
Among news of note:
Today's session has featured more disappointing data from Europe with Germany's Industrial Production coming in below estimates following yesterday's below-consensus Factory Orders report.

5:49 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +12.30. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +32.40.

5:49 am: [BRIEFING.COM] Nikkei...18322.98...+136.90...+0.80%. Hang Seng...22515.76...+684.10...+3.10%.

5:49 am: [BRIEFING.COM] FTSE...6365.45...+39.30...+0.60%. DAX...10013.95...+111.10...+1.10%.

Special thanks to Bloomberg, Briefing, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance for their market summaries. gm

Best Regards,
M.A. Perry
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
Image@ http://twitter.com/wrbtrader Image@ http://stocktwits.com/wrbtrader

http://www.thestrategylab.com
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
Skype Messenger: kebec2002
wrbanalysis@gmail.com