TheStrategyLab.com Price Action Trading Support Forum

Forum for price action traders that want to learn WRB Analysis basic tutorial chapters 1, 2 and 3 prior to purchasing our advance trade methods. Hashtags: #wrbanalysis #wrbzone #wrbhiddengap #priceaction #trading
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: September 29th Tuesday Trade Results - Profit $7375.00
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:47 am 
Site Admin

Trade Results of M.A. Perry
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
Price Action Trading (no technical indicators)
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
Free Chat Room: http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164
Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
wrbanalysis@gmail.com (24/7)
http://twitter.com/wrbtrader (24/7)

Attachment:
092915-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-PnL-Blotter-Profit+7375.00.png
092915-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-PnL-Blotter-Profit+7375.00.png [ 94.89 KiB | Viewed 306 times ]

click on the above image to view today's performance verification

Price Action Trade Performance for Today: Emini TF ($TF_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Emini ES ($ES_F) futures @ $7375.00 dollars or +147.50 points, Light Crude Oil CL ($CL_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Gold GC ($GC_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points and EuroFX 6E ($6E_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.0000 ticks. Total Profit @ $7375.00 dollars

Russell 2000 Emini TF Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ The ICE
S&P 500 Emini ES Futures: 1 tick or 0.25 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Light Crude Oil CL (WTI) Futures: 1 tick or 0.01 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Gold GC Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
EuroFX 6E Futures: 1 tick or 0.0001 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup

Trade Log: All of my trades were posted real-time in the timestamp ##TheStrategyLab free chat room. You can read today's price action trading information about my trades (e.g. time, price entry, contract size, price exit) as the trade traversed to its completion. Also, sometimes I'll post real-time trading tips in ##TheStrategyLab chat room involving WRBs, WRB Hidden GAPs, Key Market Events (KME), Tutorial Chapters 2 & 3, WRB Zones, Reaction Highs/Lows, Contracting Volatility or Expanding Volatility. Its all archived @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/ftchat/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=2181

Quote:
All of my real-time posted trades involves price action concepts from the WRB Analysis free study guide, Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 4 - 12 and the Volatility Trading Report (VTR) trade signal strategies. Analysis -----> Trade Signals

Also, posted below are direct links to information about my price action trade methodology and trading plan (there's a difference between the two) that enables me to identify key trading areas in the price action that represent changes in supply/demand and volatility along with being able to exploit these changes via WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis). I'm primarily a day trader because it suits my personal lifestyle but I do occasionally swing trade and position trade. Simply, my trade method is applicable for position trading, swing trading and day trading.

Image ##TheStrategyLab Chat Room is free. Members and I use the chat room to post WRB Analysis commentary, real-time trades and to post anything else related to trading. The chat room helps me tremendously in my own trading because I use it to document (journal) general volatility analysis involving WRB Analysis so that I can easily review at a later date my thoughts as I interacted with the markets...info I can not get from my broker statements. Also, this is not a signal calling chat room where a head trader tells you when to buy or sell and I do not have the time/energy/resources to manage a signal calling chat room. Access instructions for chat room @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164

Image Price Action Analysis via Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/WRBAnalysisTutorials.htm and there's a free study guide of the WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1, 2 and 3 @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=718

Analysis -----> Trade Signals

Image Trade Signal Strategies via Volatility Trading Report (VTR) @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/VolatilityTrading.htm and there's a free trade signal strategy @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=89 so that you can freely test drive one of our price action trade strategies with support (answering your questions) prior to purchasing the Volatility Trading Report (VTR). All WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1 - 12 are included in the purchase of the Volatility Trading Report (VTR).

Image Trading Plan Daily Routine @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=271&t=2883 contains brief information about trading plan, market context, brokers, trading time frames, position size management and other discussions.

-----------------------------

Market Context Summaries

The below summaries by Bloomberg, Briefing, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance helps me to do a quick review of the fundamentals, FED/ECB/BOE/IMF actions or any important global economic events (e.g. Eurozone, MarketWatch.com) that had an impact on today's price action in many trading instruments I monitor during the trading day. Simply, I'm a strong believer that key market events causes key changes in supply/demand and volatility resulting in trade opportunities (swing points and strong continuation price actions) that reach profit targets. Thus, I pay attention to these key market events, intermarket analysis (e.g. Forex EurUsd, EuroFX 6E futures, Gold GC futures, Light Crude Oil (WTI) CL & Brent Oil futures, Eurex DAX futures, Euronext FTSE100 futures, Emini ES futures, Emini TF futures, Treasury ZB futures and U.S. Dollar Index futures) while using WRB Analysis from one trade to the next trade to give me the market context for price action trading before the appearance of my technical analysis trade signals. Therefore, I maintain these archives to allow me to understand what was happening on any given trading day in the past involving key market events to help better understand my trade decisions (day trading, swing trading, position trading)...something I can not get from my broker statements alone. Further, most financial websites remove (delete) their archives after a few years to make room for new content. Therefore, I maintain my own archives of the news content so that I have it available for me when financial websites no longer archives their content.

Attachment:
092915-Key-Price-Action-Markets.png
092915-Key-Price-Action-Markets.png [ 1.52 MiB | Viewed 270 times ]

click on the above image to view today's price action of key markets

4:10 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] The stock market ended Tuesday on an uninspiring note after surrendering the bulk of its intraday gain. The S&P 500 (+0.1%) added two points after showing an eight-point gain during the opening hour.

Equity indices rallied at the start, but the rebound from yesterday's 2.6% dive in the S&P 500 hit resistance right beneath the 1,900 level, at which point most sectors began backing away from their morning highs. The health care sector (+0.9%) held the lead throughout the day, but the influential group also retreated from its high as market-wide selling pressure grew heavier during the afternoon.

That being said, the sector was able to finish in the green while biotech names showed strength in the early going, but the iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 289.48, -1.13) surrendered its gain in the afternoon, settling lower by 0.4% to widen this week's decline to 6.7%. Following today's drop, the former high-flying ETF is down 15.4% for September.

Outside of health care, industrials (+0.6%), financials (+0.4%), and materials (+0.4%) also finished ahead of the broader market while the remaining groups struggled. The consumer discretionary space (-0.3%) underperformed throughout the day amid weakness in apparel retailers and homebuilders. To that latter point, the iShares Dow Jones US Home Construction ETF (ITB 25.71, -0.44) ended lower by 1.7%.

Elsewhere among cyclical sectors, energy (unch) began the day behind health care, but the commodity-related group retreated into the afternoon even though crude oil rose 1.7% to $45.24/bbl.

Also of note, the top-weighted technology sector (-0.6%) traded in-line with the market during morning action, but fell to lows in the afternoon. Shares of Apple (AAPL 109.06, -3.38) were largely responsible for the retreat as the stock fell 3.0%. Meanwhile, other large cap components finished closer to their flat lines while high-beta chipmakers outperformed with the PHLX Semiconductor Index climbing 0.7%.

Taking a look at the bigger picture, the S&P 500 settled 17 points above its low from August 24 with just one trading day remaining in September. The intraday slide from highs invited some demand for volatility protection, but a spike off session lows during the final 30 minutes of the day, pressured the CBOE Volatility Index (VIX 26.54, -1.09) back into the middle of today's range.

Meanwhile, Treasuries held slim losses during morning action, but they rallied intraday to send the 10-yr yield lower by five basis points to 2.05%.

Today's participation was ahead of average with more than 980 million shares changing hands at the NYSE floor.

Economic data was limited to Consumer Confidence and Case-Shiller 20-City Index:

The Conference Board's Consumer Confidence Index increased to 103.0 in September from a downwardly revised 101.3 (from 101.5) while the Briefing.com consensus expected a drop to 96.0
The September reading hit its highest level since reaching 103.8 in February
In a clearly unexpected move, consumers shrugged off the negative effects of the downward-trending stock market and instead focused on lower gasoline prices and a generally improving labor market
The Case-Shiller 20-city Home Price Index for July rose 5.0% for the second consecutive month, which is what the Briefing.com consensus expected

Tomorrow, the weekly MBA Mortgage Index will be released at 7:00 ET while September ADP Employment Change (Briefing.com consensus 200K) will be reported at 8:15 ET. The day's data will be topped off with the 9:45 ET release of the Chicago PMI for September (consensus 52.9).

Nasdaq Composite -4.6% YTD
S&P 500 -8.5% YTD
Dow Jones Industrial Average -10.0% YTD
Russell 2000 -10.1% YTD

3:45 pm: [BRIEFING.COM]

The dollar index is modestly higher, which has helped weigh on commodities
WTI crude oil prices climbed higher today and ended the session +1.7% at $45.24/barrel
In other energy, Nov natural gas slid lower tody, ultimately losing 3% in the session to finish at $2.59/MMBtu
Metals were mixed today with Dec gold fell -0.4% to $1127.00/oz, while Dec silver rose +0.4% to $14.59/oz
Dec copper slid -1.3% to $2.25/lb.

2:55 pm:

[BRIEFING.COM] The S&P 500 trades flat with one hour remaining in the session.

After diving more than 2.5% yesterday, the benchmark index climbed through the first hour of the Tuesday session; however, relative weakness in most cyclical sectors has weighed on the benchmark index.

At this juncture, health care (+0.8%), industrials (+0.4%), and materials (+0.4%) continue holding gains while the financial sector has ticked into the green after spending the first half of the day below its flat line.

Elsewhere, Treasuries sit on their session highs with the 10-yr yield down four basis points at 2.05% after testing the 2.12% level this morning.

2:25 pm:

[BRIEFING.COM] Equity indices continue ranging near their flat lines with the S&P 500 holding a two-point gain while the Nasdaq Composite (-0.3%) underperforms with its top-weighted component-Apple (AAPL 109.94, -2.50)-now trading lower by 2.2%.

Unlike Apple, most of the remaining large cap tech names trade much closer to their unchanged levels while chipmakers continue showing relative strength. Shares of Intel (INTC 29.07, +0.31) trade up 1.0% while the PHLX Semiconductor Index remains higher by 0.6%.

Elsewhere, Treasuries continue hovering just below their highs with the 10-yr yield down four basis points at 2.05%.

1:55 pm:

[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages continue hovering just above their flat lines.

Consumer confidence showed a surprise improvement in September.

The Conference Board's Consumer Confidence Index increased to 103.0 in September from a downwardly revised 101.3 (from 101.5) in August. The Briefing.com Consensus expected the index to fall to 96.0.

That was the best reading since the index reached 103.8 in February.

In a clearly unexpected move, consumers shrugged off the negative effects of the downward-trending stock market and instead focused on lower gasoline prices and a generally improving labor market.

The respondents in the University of Michigan Consumer Sentiment Index had the exact opposite view as that index fell to its lowest point since October 2014 in September.

1:25 pm:

[BRIEFING.COM] The major U.S. indices remain near their flat lines after surrendering most of their earlier gains.
Related Quotes

A look inside the Dow Jones Industrial Average shows Nike (NKE 120.56, -1.58), Apple (AAPL 110.52, -1.92), and Goldman Sachs (GS 170.89, -2.13) are underperforming. Goldman continues its recent selloff amid sustained declines in Treasury yields while Nike and Apple are underperforming amid broad weakness in their respective sectors. Apple shares are in negative territory despite being initiated with a Buy at Sterne Agee CRT earlier.

Conversely, Johnson & Johnson (JNJ 92.92, +1.55) is the best-performing Dow component amid a rebound in health-care names, today's best performing sector, following yesterday's drubbing. Also adding to its strength, J&J was upgraded to Buy from Hold at Deutsche Bank this morning.

At current levels, the DJIA is down 1.8% this week and lower by 3.1% in September with just one day left before the month closes out.

12:50 pm:

[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages are little changed at midday after sliding from their early highs. The S&P 500 currently hovers within a point of its flat line after showing an eight-point gain earlier.

Equities displayed some early strength, which was almost entirely due to a rebound in biotechnology. That strength has lifted the health care sector (+1.2%) into the lead while the iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 294.64, +4.03) is higher by 1.4% after plunging 6.3% yesterday.

Despite fueling the opening advance, biotechnology has not been able to support the market going into the afternoon, considering most of the remaining sectors have retreated from their early levels, leaving just four groups in the green.

Notably, the top-weighted technology sector (-0.4%) had shown relative strength in the early going, but the group has suffered in recent action. Large cap index components trade in mixed fashion, but Apple's (AAPL 110.47, -1.97) 1.8% decline has kept the sector on the defensive. Meanwhile, high-beta chipmaker names continue showing strength with the PHLX Semiconductor Index up 0.7%.

Similar to technology, two other influential sectors like financials (-0.2%) and consumer discretionary (-0.3%) have struggled to keep pace with the market.

Also of note, the energy sector (unch) trades in-line with the market despite showing relative strength earlier. The commodity-sensitive sector has retreated from its high even though crude oil trades up 2.2% at $45.37/bbl.

The market's retreat from its late-morning high has stoked up some interest in Treasuries, dropping the 10-yr yield five basis points to 2.05%.

Economic data was limited to Consumer Confidence and Case-Shiller 20-City Index:

The Conference Board's Consumer Confidence Index increased to 103.0 in September from a downwardly revised 101.3 (from 101.5) while the Briefing.com consensus expected a drop to 96.0
The September reading hit its highest level since reaching 103.8 in February
In a clearly unexpected move, consumers shrugged off the negative effects of the downward-trending stock market and instead focused on lower gasoline prices and a generally improving labor market
The Case-Shiller 20-city Home Price Index for July rose 5.0% for the second consecutive month, which is what the Briefing.com consensus expected

12:25 pm:

[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages have surrendered their gains as newfound weakness in the technology sector (-0.2%), combined with losses in most other cyclical sectors, outweighs the continued strength in biotechnology.

The iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 296.71, +6.10) remains higher by 2.1%, but that strength has not been able to prevent the Nasdaq Composite from returning to its unchanged level. The tech-heavy index has been pressured by a 1.4% loss in the shares of Apple (AAPL 110.82, -1.62), while high-beta chipmakers continue showing relative strength. Currently, 23 of 30 PHLX Semiconductor Index components trade in the green with the broader index up 0.7%.

With stocks struggling to stay in the green, Treasuries have ticked to new highs in recent action with the 10-yr yield now down four basis points at 2.06%.

11:55 am:

[BRIEFING.COM] Equity indices continue hovering near their recent levels with the S&P 500 (+0.5%) trading about five points above its opening mark.

The health care sector (+2.0%) remains well ahead of its peers, but other groups have pulled back from their recent levels. For instance, the energy sector is now down 0.6% after starting the day among the leaders. Interestingly, the sector has retreated even though crude oil remains higher by 2.1% at $45.37/bbl.

Elsewhere, the top-weighted technology sector (+0.4%) continues trading just behind the broader market, but high-beta chipmakers outperform, evidenced by a 1.0% gain in the PHLX Semiconductor Index.

11:25 am:

[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages remain near their recent levels with the S&P 500 (+0.3%) defending a five-point gain. The benchmark index has been able to rally behind biotechnology, but several other influential areas have struggled, inviting a pullback from session highs.

Specifically, heavily-weighted consumer discretionary (-0.2%) and financials (-0.1%) have weighed since the early going while the energy sector (+0.2%) has backed away from its early high even though crude oil remains higher by 2.0% at $45.33/bbl.

Elsewhere, Treasuries hold modest gains with the 10-yr yield down two basis points at 2.07%.

10:55 am:

[BRIEFING.COM] Equity indices have backed away from their highs, but they remain in the green with the S&P 500 up 0.4%.

The health care sector (+2.0%) leads thanks to a rebound in biotechnology. Specifically, the iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 298.04, +7.43) trades up 2.6% after erasing its early loss. Despite today's spike, the biotech ETF remains lower by 3.8% for the week and down 12.7% for the month as it trades near intraday lows seen on August 24.

Elsewhere, the top-weighted technology sector (+0.3%) also trades in the green while financials (-0.1%) underperform.

10:35 am: [BRIEFING.COM]

The dollar index traded negative overnight, before climbing back to flat as the market re-focused on Fed commentary from the Fed's Dudley and Williams
The Fed regional presidents re-iterated expectations for a rate hike before year end, likely to be followed by further gradual tightening
Following stronger-than-expected US consumer confidence and consumer spending data this morning, the dollar is trend near flat at 96.24
Crude rallied from flat overnight, to highs near $45.30/barrel ahead of tomorrow's EIA inventory report, which is expected to show a sizable storage draw
WTI is currently holding strong gains at +2.3% to $45.43/barrel
Natural gas has sold-off all session, largely on calls for nation-wide weather moderation, which have pressed the commodity sharply lower at -1.9% to $2.62/MMBtu
Gold trended negative overnight following the Fed's monetary commentary, but has now gradually rallied back to near-flat in most recent trade. Silver is trading more industrial on the day at +0.9% to $14.68/oz. December gold is -0.1% to $1130.90/oz
Copper is holding modest gains at +0.2% to $2.26/lb

10:00 am:

[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages have charges to new highs after making a brief appearance in the red. The S&P 500 (+0.5%) remains in the lead with the health care sector (+1.3%) trading ahead of other groups.

Just released, the consumer confidence reading for September came in at 103.0 while economists polled by Briefing.com expected the survey to hit 96.0. This followed the prior month's revised reading of 101.3 (from 101.5).

9:35 am:

[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages began the trading day above their flat lines with the S&P 500 (+0.2%) trading ahead of the Dow Jones Industrial Average (+0.1%).

Seven of ten sectors display opening gains with energy (+0.8%), telecom services (+0.5%), and health care (+0.5%) in the early lead. Meanwhile, biotechnology is struggling once again despite the modest gain in the health care sector. The iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 288.51, -2.10) is lower by 0.8%, extending this week's decline to 6.5%.

Elsewhere, Treasuries have ticked into the green with the 10-yr yield now down one basis point at 2.08%.

The Consumer Confidence report for September (Briefing.com consensus 96.0) will cross the wires at 10:00 ET.

9:12 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +6.40. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +20.10.

The stock market is on track for a higher open as S&P 500 futures trade six points above fair value. Index futures traded in the red during the early portion of the night, but they rocketed to new highs after the Reserve Bank of India announced a larger than expected rate cut in the early morning, lowering its key interest rate to 6.75% (-50 bps).

The news from the RBI has boosted overall risk tolerance, helping equity futures climb off their overnight lows. Meanwhile, most markets in Europe trade in the green while UK's FTSE (-0.3%) lags.

The overnight advance in futures has coincided with some selling in the Treasury market. Currently, the 10-yr note sits just below its flat line with the benchmark yield at 2.10%.

This morning has been relatively quiet on the corporate front, but Republic Airways (RJET 5.93, +0.65) is on track to open higher by 12.3% after Deutsche Bank upgraded the stock to 'Buy' from 'Hold.'

9:01 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +11.20. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +28.80.

The S&P 500 futures trade 11 points above fair value.

Just released, the Case-Shiller 20-city Home Price Index for July rose 5.0%, which is what the Briefing.com consensus expected. This followed the previous month's increase of 5.0%.

8:28 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +13.10. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +33.90.

The S&P 500 futures trade 13 points above fair value.

Following Wall Street's lead, major markets in the Asia-Pacific region suffered large losses on Tuesday, none more so than Japan's Nikkei (-4.1%). The main exception in the region was India's Sensex (+0.5%). It scored a modest gain following a surprise decision by the Reserve Bank of India to cut its main policy rate by 50 basis points to 6.75%. Economists were expecting a cut of 25 basis points. The rate cut was attributed to concerns about a slowdown in global growth.

Investors did not receive any economic data

------

Japan's Nikkei declined 4.1%, suffering large losses on the heels of Wall Street's weak showing and on concerns about the slowdown in China. Every sector lost ground, led by the health care (-6.6%), communications (-5.9%), and materials (-5.2%) sectors. In turn, all 225 members of the Nikkei were down for the day. The biggest laggards were Kobe Steel (-11.1%), Mitsui & Co. (-9.6%), and Toho Zinc Co (-9.2%). The best-performing stock was Nichirei Corp (-0.4%).
Hong Kong's Hang Seng declined 3.0%, but did manage to finish off its lows which had the Index down 3.9% at one point. Growth concerns underpinned the selling efforts. Sands China (-9.4%), CNOOC (-7.7%), and China Petroleum & Chemical Corp (-7.3%) paced the retreat. Out of the 50 index members, only one -- China Resources Enterprise (+0.1%) -- ended higher.
China's Shanghai Composite declined 2.0%, never seeing the light of positive ground in the trading session. The Composite opened lower and stayed lower, following in Wall Street's footsteps. Reports also attributed some of the weakness to selling by anxious investors in front of China's 7-day National Holiday that begins this Thursday.

Major European indices trade in mixed fashion with UK's FTSE (-0.4%) trailing the region.

Investors received several data points:
Eurozone September Business and Consumer Survey 105.6 (expected 104.1; last 104.1)
UK's September CBI Distributive Trades Survey 49 (expected 28; prior 24) while August Mortgage Lending GBP3.40 billion (expected GBP2.90 billion; prior GBP2.80 billion)
Germany's August Import Price Index -1.5% month-over-month, as expected; -3.1% year-over-year, as expected
Spain's August Retail Sales +3.1% year-over-year (expected 3.3%; prior 4.0%) and September CPI -0.3% month-over-month (expected 0.1%; prior -0.3%); -0.9% year-over-year (consensus -0.6%; last -0.4%)

------

UK's FTSE is lower by 0.4% with consumer and health care names struggling. Hikma Pharmaceuticals, Shire, Persimmon, and Taylor Wimpey are all down between 2.3% and 3.9%. On the upside, Glencore has jumped 7.8% while peers Antofagasta and Rio Tinto hold respective gains of 2.1% and 1.2%.
Germany's DAX is higher by 0.1% with BMW and Daimler both up near 1.2% Utilities also outperform with E.On and RWE trading higher by 3.1% and 4.7%, respectively. Drug makers underperform with Bayer and Merck down 1.7% and 1.0%, respectively.
In France, the CAC is flat. Automakers and financials outperform with Peugeot, Renault, BNP Paribas, and Societe Generale up between 1.0% and 2.8%. On the downside, Sanofi has given up 2.0%.

7:54 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +7.40. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +23.00.

U.S. equity futures trade near their pre-market highs with S&P 500 up seven points against fair value, which will put the market on track for a rebound from yesterday's 2.6% loss in the S&P 500. Meanwhile, most markets across Europe trade near their flat lines at this juncture.

Treasuries hover just below their flat lines with the 10-yr yield higher by a basis point at 2.11%.

On the economic front, the July Case-Shiller 20-city Index (Briefing.com consensus 5.0%) will be reported at 9:00 ET while the September Consumer Confidence report (consensus 96.0) will cross the wires at 10:00 ET.

In U.S .corporate news of note:

Micron (MU 14.33, +0.27): +1.9% after Wells Fargo upgraded the stock to 'Outperform' from 'Market Perform.'
Republic Airways (RJET 5.82, +0.53): +10.0% after Deutsche Bank upgraded the stock to 'Buy' from 'Hold.'

Reviewing overnight developments:

Asian markets ended lower. China's Shanghai Composite -2.0%, Hong Kong's Hang Seng -3.0%, and Japan's Nikkei -4.1%
Investors did not receive any economic data
In news:
The Reserve Bank of India lowered its key interest rate by 50 basis points to 6.75% (expected 7.0%) and cut its reverse repurchase rate to 5.75% from 6.25% (expected 6.00%)

Major European indices trade in mixed fashion. UK's FTSE -0.5%, France's CAC -0.1%, and Germany's DAX +0.1%. Elsewhere, Italy's MIB +0.1% and Spain's IBEX +0.3%
Investors received several data points:
Eurozone September Business and Consumer Survey 105.6 (expected 104.1; last 104.1)
UK's September CBI Distributive Trades Survey 49 (expected 28; prior 24) while August Mortgage Lending GBP3.40 billion (expected GBP2.90 billion; prior GBP2.80 billion)
Germany's August Import Price Index -1.5% month-over-month, as expected; -3.1% year-over-year, as expected
Spain's August Retail Sales +3.1% year-over-year (expected 3.3%; prior 4.0%) and September CPI -0.3% month-over-month (expected 0.1%; prior -0.3%); -0.9% year-over-year (consensus -0.6%; last -0.4%)
Among news of note:
In London, Glencore has rebounded from yesterday's dive, trading higher by 5.0% at this juncture while most other miners also trade among the leaders

5:50 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +7.30. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +24.30.

5:50 am: [BRIEFING.COM] Nikkei...16930.84...-714.30...-4.10%. Hang Seng...20556.60...-629.70...-3.00%.

5:50 am: [BRIEFING.COM] FTSE...5931.24...-27.60...-0.50%. DAX...9471.17...-12.40...-0.10%.

Special thanks to Bloomberg, Briefing, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance for their market summaries. gm

Best Regards,
M.A. Perry
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
Image@ http://twitter.com/wrbtrader Image@ http://stocktwits.com/wrbtrader

http://www.thestrategylab.com
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
Skype Messenger: kebec2002
wrbanalysis@gmail.com
Go Back To TheStrategyLab.com Homepage