TheStrategyLab.com Price Action Trading Support Forum

Forum for price action traders that want to learn WRB Analysis basic tutorial chapters 1, 2 and 3 prior to purchasing our advance trade methods. Hashtags: #wrbanalysis #wrbzone #wrbhiddengap #priceaction #trading
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: September 21st Monday Trade Results - Profit $2062.50
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:25 pm 
Site Admin

Trade Results of M.A. Perry
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
Price Action Trading (no technical indicators)
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
Free Chat Room: http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164
Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
wrbanalysis@gmail.com (24/7)
http://twitter.com/wrbtrader (24/7)

Attachment:
092115-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-PnL-Blotter-Profit+2062.50.png
092115-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-PnL-Blotter-Profit+2062.50.png [ 93.58 KiB | Viewed 279 times ]

click on the above image to view today's performance verification

Price Action Trade Performance for Today: Emini TF ($TF_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Emini ES ($ES_F) futures @ $3625.00 dollars or +72.50 points, Light Crude Oil CL ($CL_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Gold GC ($GC_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points and EuroFX 6E ($6E_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.0000 ticks. Total Profit @ $3625.00 dollars

Russell 2000 Emini TF Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ The ICE
S&P 500 Emini ES Futures: 1 tick or 0.25 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Light Crude Oil CL (WTI) Futures: 1 tick or 0.01 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Gold GC Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
EuroFX 6E Futures: 1 tick or 0.0001 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup

Trade Log: All of my trades were posted real-time in the timestamp ##TheStrategyLab free chat room. You can read today's price action trading information about my trades (e.g. time, price entry, contract size, price exit) as the trade traversed to its completion. Also, sometimes I'll post real-time trading tips in ##TheStrategyLab chat room involving WRBs, WRB Hidden GAPs, Key Market Events (KME), Tutorial Chapters 2 & 3, WRB Zones, Reaction Highs/Lows, Contracting Volatility or Expanding Volatility. Its all archived @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/ftchat/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=2175

Quote:
All of my real-time posted trades involves price action concepts from the WRB Analysis free study guide, Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 4 - 12 and the Volatility Trading Report (VTR) trade signal strategies. Analysis -----> Trade Signals

Also, posted below are direct links to information about my price action trade methodology and trading plan (there's a difference between the two) that enables me to identify key trading areas in the price action that represent changes in supply/demand and volatility along with being able to exploit these changes via WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis). I'm primarily a day trader because it suits my personal lifestyle but I do occasionally swing trade and position trade. Simply, my trade method is applicable for position trading, swing trading and day trading.

Image ##TheStrategyLab Chat Room is free. Members and I use the chat room to post WRB Analysis commentary, real-time trades and to post anything else related to trading. The chat room helps me tremendously in my own trading because I use it to document (journal) general volatility analysis involving WRB Analysis so that I can easily review at a later date my thoughts as I interacted with the markets...info I can not get from my broker statements. Also, this is not a signal calling chat room where a head trader tells you when to buy or sell and I do not have the time/energy/resources to manage a signal calling chat room. Access instructions for chat room @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164

Image Price Action Analysis via Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/WRBAnalysisTutorials.htm and there's a free study guide of the WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1, 2 and 3 @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=718

Analysis -----> Trade Signals

Image Trade Signal Strategies via Volatility Trading Report (VTR) @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/VolatilityTrading.htm and there's a free trade signal strategy @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=89 so that you can freely test drive one of our price action trade strategies with support (answering your questions) prior to purchasing the Volatility Trading Report (VTR). All WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1 - 12 are included in the purchase of the Volatility Trading Report (VTR).

Image Trading Plan Daily Routine @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=271&t=2883 contains brief information about trading plan, market context, brokers, trading time frames, position size management and other discussions.

-----------------------------

Market Context Summaries

The below summaries by Bloomberg, Briefing, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance helps me to do a quick review of the fundamentals, FED/ECB/BOE/IMF actions or any important global economic events (e.g. Eurozone, MarketWatch.com) that had an impact on today's price action in many trading instruments I monitor during the trading day. Simply, I'm a strong believer that key market events causes key changes in supply/demand and volatility resulting in trade opportunities (swing points and strong continuation price actions) that reach profit targets. Thus, I pay attention to these key market events, intermarket analysis (e.g. Forex EurUsd, EuroFX 6E futures, Gold GC futures, Light Crude Oil (WTI) CL & Brent Oil futures, Eurex DAX futures, Euronext FTSE100 futures, Emini ES futures, Emini TF futures, Treasury ZB futures and U.S. Dollar Index futures) while using WRB Analysis from one trade to the next trade to give me the market context for price action trading before the appearance of my technical analysis trade signals. Therefore, I maintain these archives to allow me to understand what was happening on any given trading day in the past involving key market events to help better understand my trade decisions (day trading, swing trading, position trading)...something I can not get from my broker statements alone. Further, most financial websites remove (delete) their archives after a few years to make room for new content. Therefore, I maintain my own archives of the news content so that I have it available for me when financial websites no longer archives their content.

Attachment:
092115-Key-Price-Action-Markets.png
092115-Key-Price-Action-Markets.png [ 1.13 MiB | Viewed 307 times ]

click on the above image to view today's price action of key markets

4:05 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] The stock market began the trading week on a higher note despite seeing some intraday volatility. The S&P 500 gained 0.5% while the Nasdaq Composite underperformed throughout the day, but was able to settle just above its flat line.

Equity indices rallied out of the gate with the advance continuing through the first hour of action. All ten sectors took part in the opening move higher, but health care was quick to surrender its gain. The countercyclical group ended lower by 1.4% while biotechnology struggled mightily, sending the iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 340.78, -15.98) lower by 4.5%.

The biotechnology ETF struggled from the get-go, but the group accelerated its decline after presidential candidate Hillary Clinton sent out a tweet saying she is ready to unveil a plan that would target price gouging among specialty drug makers. Today's selling dropped IBB below its 200-day moving average (347.36) to levels last seen at the start of September.

Outside of health care, the remaining sectors posted gains with relative strength in heavily-weighted financials (+1.1%) and technology (+1.0%) keeping the S&P 500 ahead of the Nasdaq Composite. It is worth pointing out that solid gains in large cap tech names like Apple (AAPL 115.21, +1.76), Google (GOOGL 666.98, +6.06), and Microsoft (MSFT 44.11, +0.63) masked the relative weakness in chipmaker names. The PHLX Semiconductor Index shed 0.1% while Atmel (ATML 8.19, +0.92) bucked the trend, surging 12.7% after agreeing to be acquired by Dialog Semiconductor (DLGNF 41.25, -8.00) for $4.60 billion.

Meanwhile, the remaining cyclical sectors also posted gains. The energy space rose 0.6% as crude oil surged 4.5% to $46.68/bbl while the consumer discretionary sector (+0.7%) was underpinned by retailers. The SPDR S&P Retail ETF (XRT 46.40, +0.30) gained 0.7% while homebuilders lagged after a below-consensus August Existing Home Sales report (5.31 million; Briefing.com consensus 5.50 million) overshadowed better than expected earnings from Lennar (LEN 51.58, -0.17).

Strikingly, Treasuries retreated throughout the day, continuing their slide even as stocks retreated from their highs. As a result, the 10-yr note settled on its low with the benchmark yield rising six basis points to 2.21%.

Today's participation was a bit light with fewer than 800 million shares changing hands at the NYSE floor.

Economic data reported today was limited to the Existing Home Sales report for August, which showed a 4.8% decline to an annualized rate of 5.31 million units while the Briefing.com consensus expected a reading of 5.50 million.

The overall story in the housing market remains the same. Tight supplies and relatively high prices have cut into both demand and affordability conditions. Unless price growth softens or an influx of inventories gives buyers more options, sales growth will suffer.

Still, underlying demand trends aren't terrible. Even though sales in August were the lowest since April, the drop came immediately after a month where sales rose to their highest point since February 2007. That suggests the move was likely normal volatility rather than a big shift in trends.

Tomorrow's economic data will be limited to the 10:00 ET release of the FHFA Housing Price Index for July.

Nasdaq Composite +2.0% YTD
Russell 2000 -3.4% YTD
S&P 500 -4.5% YTD
Dow Jones Industrial Average -7.4% YTD

3:45 pm: [BRIEFING.COM]

The dollar index traded higher today The dollar index traded higher today, which helped pressure some commodities today.
However, other commodities such as oil rallied and held gains.
Oil was one of the best performing commodities today, ending with a gain of +4.3% at $46.94/barrel.
In other energy, Oct nat gas fell -1.1% to $2.58/MMBtu.
Metals were mixed today with copper ending the day unchanged at $2.39/lb, gold lower and silver higher.
Dec gold finished the day -0.4% at $1132.90/oz/oz, while Dec silver +0.3% at $15.21/oz.

2:55 pm:

[BRIEFING.COM] The S&P 500 trades higher by 0.7% with one hour remaining in the session. The benchmark index rallied through the first 60 minutes of the day, but the morning strength has faded alongside the health care sector (-1.1%), which enters the final hour trading well behind the remaining nine sectors.

Although biotechnology has pressured the market from its high, a few other influential sectors like financials (+1.2%), technology (+1.3%), consumer discretionary (+0.9%), and energy (+1.0%) trade well ahead of the broader market.

Elsewhere, Treasuries have ticked down to new lows, pushing the 10-yr yield up to 2.22% (+8 bps).

2:25 pm:

[BRIEFING.COM] The S&P 500 trades higher by 0.2% while the Nasdaq Composite (-0.2%) remains below its flat line amid continued weakness in biotechnology.

On the flip side, technology (+0.8%) and financials (+0.7%) remain in the lead while the remaining seven sectors show gains between 0.1% (materials) and 0.7% (consumer staples).

Today's underperformance in the health care sector has forced the market down from its high, but the remaining sectors have been able to stay in the green, helping the S&P 500 hold a five-point gain going into the late afternoon.

1:55 pm:

[BRIEFING.COM] The S&P 500 trades just below its opening level while the Nasdaq remains in negative territory.

Demand for existing homes took a relatively big step backward in August, but there is nothing to be too concerned about.

Existing home sales declined 4.8% in August to 5.31 mln seasonally adjusted annual rate (SAAR) from a downwardly revised 5.58 mln SAAR (from 5.59 mln) in July. The Briefing.com Consensus expected sales to fall to 5.50 mln SAAR.

Still, underlying demand trends aren't terrible. Even though sales in August were the lowest since April, the drop came immediately after a month where sales rose to their highest point since February 2007. That suggests the move was likely normal volatility rather than a big shift in trends.

Furthermore, first-time homebuyers accounted for 32% of all sales in August, up from 28% in July and 29% in August 2014. These buyers are the lifeblood of a normal marketplace, and the return from a depressed July also signals that trends remain firm.

Finally, all-cash sales dipped to 22% of all sales in August, down from 23% in July. Sales to individual investors accounted for 12% of sales, down from 13% in July. This suggests that a greater portion of buyers are actually living in the home.

1:30 pm:

[BRIEFING.COM] Recent action saw the S&P 500 (+0.3%) bounce off its flat line as gains in nine of ten sectors offset the significant weakness in the health care sector (-1.4%). Meanwhile, the Dow (+0.5%) outperforms since the price-weighted index contains just four health care names in its composition.

Elsewhere in the Dow, six index members show gains of 1.0% or more while the two largest components-Goldman Sachs (GS 182.47, +1.50) and IBM (IBM 146.16, +1.65)-hold respective gains of 0.8% and 1.1%.
Related Quotes

On a separate note, Treasuries have slid to new lows with the 10-yr yield now up seven basis points at 2.21%.

12:55 pm:

[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages trade near their lows at midday with the Nasdaq (-0.6%) showing relative weakness while the Dow (+0.1%) and S&P 500 (-0.1%) remain near their unchanged levels after sliding from their session highs.

All in all, the trading week has gotten off to a relatively quiet start. Markets across Asia ended Monday on a lower note, but European and U.S. stocks have been able to advance. That being said, stocks hit their highs shortly after 10:30 ET and they have been sliding from their best levels of the day since then.

Nine sectors remain in the green, but significant weakness in the health care sector (-1.6%) has fueled a pullback in the market. Specifically, biotechnology has been the source of the weakness with iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 339.99, -16.77) trading lower by 4.7%. The ETF had struggled from the start, but it is worth pointing out that IBB extended its losses after presidential candidate Hillary Clinton sent out a tweet saying she is ready to unveil a plan that would target price gouging among specialty drug makers. Due to the recent slide, the ETF is now below its 200-day moving average (347.35).

On the flip side, the remaining nine sectors hold gains with heavily-weighted financials (+0.8%) and technology (+0.5%) keeping the broader market in the green. Interestingly, the tech sector remains ahead of the S&P 500 even though chipmakers have struggled. To that point, the PHLX Semiconductor Index is lower by 0.5% with 22 of its 30 components in the red. Atmel (ATML 8.15, +0.88) has bucked the trend, spiking 12.1% after agreeing to be acquired by Dialog Semiconductor (DLGNF 41.25, -8.00) for $4.60 billion.

Strikingly, Treasuries have slid throughout the day, seeing no change in the trading dynamic after stocks began retreating from their highs. The 10-yr note sits on its low with the benchmark yield up six basis points at 2.20%.

Economic data reported today was limited to the Existing Home Sales report for August, which showed a 4.8% decline to an annualized rate of 5.31 million units while the Briefing.com consensus expected a reading of 5.50 million.

The overall story in the housing market remains the same. Tight supplies and relatively high prices have cut into both demand and affordability conditions. Unless price growth softens or an influx of inventories gives buyers more options, sales growth will suffer.

12:30 pm:

[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages have seen some additional backtracking since our recent update with the S&P 500 trimming its gain to 0.4%.

Biotechnology has been the culprit behind the slide from highs with iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 343.46, -13.30) trading lower by 3.8% while the health care sector is now down 1.0%. It is worth noting that the biotech ETF extended its losses after presidential candidate Hillary Clinton sent out a tweet saying she is ready to unveil a plan that would target price gouging among specialty drug makers. The biotech ETF was trading on its low when the tweet was sent, and another round of selling has the ETF trading below its 200-day moving average (347.37) at this juncture.

Interestingly, Treasuries have held near their lows despite the pullback in stocks. As a result, the 10-yr yield remains higher by seven basis points at 2.20%.

11:50 am:

[BRIEFING.COM] Recent action saw the major averages back away from their session highs. The S&P 500 (+0.6%) has given up about nine points, but remains higher by 13.

The recent slip from highs has been paced by the health care sector (-0.3%), which now trades in negative territory due to continued weakness in biotechnology. The iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 349.88, -6.88) is now down 2.0% after spending the early portion of the trading day in a slow retreat.

The selling in the high-beta biotech space has caused the Nasdaq (+0.4%) to slip behind the broader market while the PHLX Semiconductor Index (-0.1%) has also dipped into negative territory.

11:25 am:

[BRIEFING.COM] Not much change in the market with the S&P 500 (+1.0%) having spent the past hour near its session high. The benchmark index has received support from most sectors, but it is worth noting that top-weighted technology (+1.4%) and financials (+1.3%) have held solid gains since the opening bell.

Notably, the technology sector owes its strength to large cap names like Apple (AAPL 114.95, +1.50), Google (GOOGL 667.22, +6.30), and Microsoft (MSFT 44.34, +0.87) while high-beta chipmakers underperform. That being said, the PHLX Semiconductor Index has climbed 0.8% with Atmel (ATML 8.42, +1.16) higher by 15.9% after agreeing to be acquired by Dialog Semiconductor (DLGNF 41.25, -8.00) for $4.60 billion.

Elsewhere, countercyclical health care (+0.4%), telecom services (+0.4%), and utilities (+0.4%) trade behind the remaining seven sectors.

10:55 am:

[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages have climbed to new highs in recent action with the S&P 500 (+1.1%), Dow (+1.1%), and Nasdaq (+1.1%) sporting comparable gains.

The early portion of the Monday session has been very quiet with all ten sectors taking part in the advance. Influential groups paced the opening rally and they remain in the lead with financials (+1.4%) and technology (+1.3%) trading ahead of the remaining sectors. Meanwhile, health care (+0.6%) was also among the opening leaders, but the sector has been held back by biotechnology as the iSharesNasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 356.20, -0.56) trades lower by 0.2%.

Elsewhere, Treasuries have continued their retreat, which began during overnight action. Currently, the 10-yr note sits on its low with the benchmark yield up five basis points at 2.18%.

10:35 am: [BRIEFING.COM]

The dollar index saw modest gains overnight, and has steadily strengthened throughout the morning (weighing notably on gold)
Partially driving the dollar upward-and inverse weakness in gold-is commentary from Fed officials John Williams and James Bullard
Williams indicating that the Sept. rake hike delay was a close call, and Bullard making the case for near-term fed tightening
The dollar is currently trading near its HoD at +0.6% to 95.93 while gold is being held in check at -0.5% to $1132.1/oz.
Silver is trading more industrial at +0.2% to $15.20/oz
WTI has trended higher all session, in a broad range between the $45.40 and $46.40/barrel levels, on a bullish report issued by energy-consulting firm Wood Mackenzie
The report stated that up to $1.5 trln of global oil projects are uneconomic at current prices, and are likely to be held off from near term completion
In addition to last week's bullish BHI rig count reading (showing a third straight week of declines), Crude is holding strong gains at +2.7% to $46.24/barrel
Natural gas is extending strong losses on forecasts for mild national weather patterns, which could potentially dampen both heating/cooling demand
December natural gas is now -1.5% to $2.57/MMBtu
Copper is moderately positive at +0.5% to $2.40/lb

10:00 am:

[BRIEFING.COM] The major averages continue drifting near their opening levels with the S&P 500 up 0.6%.

Just released, existing home sales for August decreased 4.8% from July to an annualized rate of 5.31 million units while the Briefing.com consensus expected a reading of 5.50 million.

9:40 am:

[BRIEFING.COM] Equity indices have rallied out of the gate amid gains in all ten sectors. The S&P 500 trades higher by 0.5% with financials (+1.1%), health care (+0.8%), and technology (+0.7%) in the lead.

The health care sector has rallied despite a slow start in the biotech space while the technology sector has been underpinned by chipmakers. The PHLX Semiconductor Index is higher by 0.6% with all but five of its components in the green. Not surprisingly, Atmel (ATML 8.22, +0.92) leads, trading higher by 13.0% after agreeing to be acquired by Dialog Semiconductor (DLGNF 41.50, -7.75) for $4.60 billion.

On a separate note, the Existing Home Sales report for August will be released at 10:00 ET (Briefing.com consensus 5.50 million).

9:13 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +9.60. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +28.60.

The stock market is on track for a higher open as S&P 500 futures trade ten points above fair value.

Futures on the benchmark index were down as much as 0.5% overnight, but they began climbing shortly after Asian markets closed for the day. The advance has continued through the European session with markets in France and the UK holding gains of 0.5% or more at this juncture while Germany's DAX (+0.1%) underperforms amid a 21.0% plunge in the shares of Volkswagen after the company announced it will halt the sales of some of its diesel vehicles in the wake of the Environmental Protection Agency's investigation.

Domestically, the morning has been pretty quiet, but it is worth noting that Atmel (ATML 8.25, +0.98) has surged 13.5% in pre-market after agreeing to be acquired by Dialog Semiconductor (DLGNF 49.25, 0.00) for $4.60 billion.

The morning advance in equity futures has coincided with selling in the Treasury market. The 10-yr note sits near its low with the benchmark yield up three basis points at 2.17%.

Today's economic data will be limited to the Existing Home Sales report for August, which will be released at 10:00 ET (Briefing.com consensus 5.50 million).

8:57 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +12.40. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +34.10.

The S&P 500 futures trade 12 points above fair value.

Markets in the Asia-Pacific region ended Monday mostly lower, feeling the weight of disappointment from Friday's downturn on Wall Street and underlying concerns about the pace of global growth. China's Shanghai Composite (+1.9%) was a notable exception in the region as it both started and ended its session on a burst of buying interest.

In economic data:
Hong Kong's August CPI +2.4% year-over-year (expected 2.5%; prior 2.5%)
New Zealand's Westpac Consumer Sentiment fell to 106.0 from 113.0 while Visitor Arrivals ticked up 0.2% month-over-month (prior -2.7%). Separately, Credit Card Spending +10.5% year-over-year (previous 9.8%)

------

Japan's Nikkei: closed for holiday (Respect for the Aged Day)
Hong Kong's Hang Seng declined 0.8%. It finished off its lows as mainland markets rallied late, yet the Hang Seng couldn't complete the comeback effort from an early 1.5% decline that followed in the wake of Wall Street's weak finish on Friday. Galaxy Entertainment (-3.9%), China Resources Power Holdings (-3.8%), and CNOOC (-3.5%) led the losses. Power Assets Holdings (+2.1%), Belle International Holdings (+1.4%), and China Resources Land (+1.5%) topped a small list of winners. Out of the 50 index members, 11 ended higher, 34 finished lower, and 5 were unchanged.
China's Shanghai Composite increased 1.9%, aided by a 1.2% gain over the final 45 minutes of trading. There wasn't a specific news catalyst for the late pop, although sentiment was reportedly boosted a bit on Monday by a Chinese Beige Book survey that contradicted the view that China is headed for a hard landing.

Major European indices trade higher across the board with France's CAC (+1.1%) in the lead. The weekend election in Greece resulted in Syriza taking just over 35.0% of the vote, allowing the party to form a coalition government with its previous partner, Independent Greeks.

Economic data was limited:
Germany's August PPI -0.5% month-over-month (expected -0.3%; prior 0.0%); -1.7% year-over-year (consensus -1.5%; last -1.3%)
Spain's Trade Deficit narrowed to CHF1.40 billion from CHF2.05 billion

------

Germany's DAX is higher by 0.1%, trailing the region amid a 21.0% plunge in the shares of Volkswagen after the company announced plans to halt the sales of its diesel vehicles in the wake of the Environmental Protection Agency's investigation. Peers BMW and Daimler are both down near 1.8%.
UK's FTSE has climbed 0.8% with Shire in the lead. The drugmaker has spiked 2.8% while another health care name, Smith & Nephew, trades up 1.8%. On the downside, miners lag with Anglo American, Antofagasta, and Glencore down between 0.4% and 2.7%.
In France, the CAC has spiked 1.1% amid strength in consumer names. Danone, L'Oreal, Essilor International, and Pernod Ricard lead with gains between 2.0% and 3.1%.

8:27 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +13.60. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +38.10.

The S&P 500 futures remain near their recently-established highs, trading 14 points above fair value.

Although futures have rallied to highs this morning, the advance has been relatively quiet, taking place alongside strength in European equities.

Investors will receive just one economic data point today as the Existing Home Sales report for August (Briefing.com consensus 5.50 million) will be released at 10:00 ET. The remainder of the week will also be pretty quiet on the data front with just two reports scheduled to be released between Tuesday and Wednesday.

Treasuries remain in negative territory with the 10-yr yield up three basis points at 2.17%.

7:56 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +14.40. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +40.30.

U.S. equity futures trade near their pre-market highs after climbing off their session lows that were registered shortly after Asian markets ended for the day. The S&P 500 futures hover 14 points above fair value.

Meanwhile, Treasuries have retreated and they currently trade near their lowest levels of the day with the 10-yr yield up almost four basis points at 2.17%.

Today's economic data will be limited to the Existing Home Sales report for August, which will be released at 10:00 ET (Briefing.com consensus 5.50 million).

In U.S. corporate news of note:

Atmel (ATML 8.54, +1.27): +17.5% after agreeing to be acquired by Dialog Semiconductor (DLGNF 49.25, 0.00) for $4.60 billion
Lennar (LEN 53.16, +1.41): +2.7% after beating earnings and revenue estimates.

Reviewing overnight developments:

Asian markets ended mostly lower. Hong Kong's Hang Seng -0.8%, China's Shanghai Composite +1.9%, and Japan's Nikkei was closed for Respect for the Aged Day
In economic data:
Hong Kong's August CPI +2.4% year-over-year (expected 2.5%; prior 2.5%)
New Zealand's Westpac Consumer Sentiment fell to 106.0 from 113.0 while Visitor Arrivals ticked up 0.2% month-over-month (prior -2.7%). Separately, Credit Card Spending +10.5% year-over-year (previous 9.8%)
In news:
China's Q3 Beige Book survey was released overnight, indicating a high degree of pessimism among companies. According to the Beige Book, the perception of China is "thoroughly divorced" from the economic reality with no signs of an impending growth swoon

Major European indices trade higher across the board. Germany's DAX +0.1%, UK's FTSE +0.9%, and France's CAC +1.2%. Elsewhere, Italy's MIB +1.1% and Spain's IBEX +0.6%
Economic data was limited:
Germany's August PPI -0.5% month-over-month (expected -0.3%; prior 0.0%); -1.7% year-over-year (consensus -1.5%; last -1.3%)
Spain's Trade Deficit narrowed to CHF1.40 billion from CHF2.05 billion
Among news of note:
The weekend election in Greece resulted in Syriza taking just over 35.0% of the vote, allowing the party to form a coalition government with its previous partner, Independent Greeks

5:55 am: [BRIEFING.COM] Nikkei... Closed for Holiday through Wednesday, Sept 23...-362.10...-2.00%. Hang Seng...21756.93...-163.90...-0.80%.

5:54 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +6.50. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +26.40.

5:54 am: [BRIEFING.COM] FTSE...6133.10...+29.00...+0.50%. DAX...9862.67...-53.50...-0.50%.

Special thanks to Bloomberg, Briefing, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance for their market summaries. gm

Best Regards,
M.A. Perry
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
Image@ http://twitter.com/wrbtrader Image@ http://stocktwits.com/wrbtrader

http://www.thestrategylab.com
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
Skype Messenger: kebec2002
wrbanalysis@gmail.com
Go Back To TheStrategyLab.com Homepage