TheStrategyLab.com Price Action Trading Support Forum

Forum for price action traders that want to learn WRB Analysis basic tutorial chapters 1, 2 and 3 prior to purchasing our advance trade methods. Hashtags: #wrbanalysis #wrbzone #wrbhiddengap #priceaction #trading
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: August 17th Monday Trade Results - Profit $1187.50
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:15 pm 
Site Admin

Trade Results of M.A. Perry
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
Price Action Trading (no technical indicators)
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
Free Chat Room: http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164
Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
wrbanalysis@gmail.com (24/7)
http://twitter.com/wrbtrader (24/7)

Attachment:
081715-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-PnL-Blotter-Profit+1187.50.png
081715-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-PnL-Blotter-Profit+1187.50.png [ 93.41 KiB | Viewed 328 times ]

click on the above image to view today's performance verification

Price Action Trade Performance for Today: Emini TF ($TF_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Emini ES ($ES_F) futures @ $1187.50 dollars or +23.75 points, Light Crude Oil CL ($CL_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Gold GC ($GC_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points and EuroFX 6E ($6E_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.0000 ticks. Total Profit @ $1187.50 dollars

Russell 2000 Emini TF Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ The ICE
S&P 500 Emini ES Futures: 1 tick or 0.25 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Light Crude Oil CL (WTI) Futures: 1 tick or 0.01 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Gold GC Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
EuroFX 6E Futures: 1 tick or 0.0001 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup

Trade Log: All of my trades were posted real-time in the timestamp ##TheStrategyLab free chat room. You can read today's price action trading information about my trades (e.g. time, price entry, contract size, price exit) as the trade traversed to its completion. Also, sometimes I'll post real-time trading tips in ##TheStrategyLab chat room involving WRBs, WRB Hidden GAPs, Key Market Events (KME), Tutorial Chapters 2 & 3, WRB Zones, Reaction Highs/Lows, Contracting Volatility or Expanding Volatility. Its all archived @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/ftchat/forum/viewtopic.php?f=146&t=2148

Quote:
All of my real-time posted trades involves price action concepts from the WRB Analysis free study guide, Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 4 - 12 and the Volatility Trading Report (VTR) trade signal strategies. Analysis -----> Trade Signals

Also, posted below are direct links to information about my price action trade methodology and trading plan (there's a difference between the two) that enables me to identify key trading areas in the price action that represent changes in supply/demand and volatility along with being able to exploit these changes via WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis). I'm primarily a day trader because it suits my personal lifestyle but I do occasionally swing trade and position trade. Simply, my trade method is applicable for position trading, swing trading and day trading.

Image ##TheStrategyLab Chat Room is free. Members and I use the chat room to post WRB Analysis commentary, real-time trades and to post anything else related to trading. The chat room helps me tremendously in my own trading because I use it to document (journal) general volatility analysis involving WRB Analysis so that I can easily review at a later date my thoughts as I interacted with the markets...info I can not get from my broker statements. Also, this is not a signal calling chat room where a head trader tells you when to buy or sell and I do not have the time/energy/resources to manage a signal calling chat room. Access instructions for chat room @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164

Image Price Action Analysis via Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/WRBAnalysisTutorials.htm and there's a free study guide of the WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1, 2 and 3 @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=718

Analysis -----> Trade Signals

Image Trade Signal Strategies via Volatility Trading Report (VTR) @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/VolatilityTrading.htm and there's a free trade signal strategy @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=89 so that you can freely test drive one of our price action trade strategies with support (answering your questions) prior to purchasing the Volatility Trading Report (VTR). All WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1 - 12 are included in the purchase of the Volatility Trading Report (VTR).

Image Trading Plan Daily Routine @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=269&t=2840 contains brief information about trading plan, market context, brokers, trading time frames, position size management and other discussions.

-----------------------------

Market Context Summaries

The below summaries by Bloomberg, Briefing, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance helps me to do a quick review of the fundamentals, FED/ECB/BOE/IMF actions or any important global economic events (e.g. Eurozone, MarketWatch.com) that had an impact on today's price action in many trading instruments I monitor during the trading day. Simply, I'm a strong believer that key market events causes key changes in supply/demand and volatility resulting in trade opportunities (swing points and strong continuation price actions) that reach profit targets. Thus, I pay attention to these key market events, intermarket analysis (e.g. Forex EurUsd, EuroFX 6E futures, Gold GC futures, Light Crude Oil (WTI) CL & Brent Oil futures, Eurex DAX futures, Euronext FTSE100 futures, Emini ES futures, Emini TF futures, Treasury ZB futures and U.S. Dollar Index futures) while using WRB Analysis from one trade to the next trade to give me the market context for price action trading before the appearance of my technical analysis trade signals. Therefore, I maintain these archives to allow me to understand what was happening on any given trading day in the past involving key market events to help better understand my trade decisions (day trading, swing trading, position trading)...something I can not get from my broker statements alone. Further, most financial websites remove (delete) their archives after a few years to make room for new content. Therefore, I maintain my own archives of the news content so that I have it available for me when financial websites no longer archives their content.

click on the above image to view today's price action of key markets

4:05 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] The stock market began the trading week on an upbeat, albeit quiet, note with the S&P 500 climbing 0.5%. The benchmark index turned an opening ten-point loss into an eleven-point gain while the Nasdaq Composite (+0.9%) displayed relative strength throughout the session.

Equity indices faced some short-lived weakness at the start of the session after the August Empire Manufacturing survey came in well below expectations (-14.9; Briefing.com consensus 5.0). The report was met with a rally in the Treasury market while equity futures slipped, leading to the lower open.

Despite the early pressure, the major averages were back in the green just 90 minutes after the opening bell and they continued inching higher during afternoon action. The health care sector (+1.0%) was among the early pockets of relative strength as biotechnology rallied throughout the day. The iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 371.67, +7.61) climbed 2.1%, contributing to the outperformance of the Nasdaq.

Unlike health care, the remaining countercyclical sectors could not keep pace with the market. The utilities sector (+0.5%) settled just behind while consumer staples (+0.1%) and telecom services (+0.4%) underperformed.

Over on the cyclical side, energy (-0.1%) and financials (+0.2%) underperformed while the remaining six groups ended in-line with or ahead of the broader market. The consumer discretionary sector (+1.0%) was a noteworthy area of strength thanks to sector-wide support. Retailers climbed with SPDR S&P Retail ETF (XRT 97.60, +0.70) rising 0.7% while homebuilders rallied across the board. The iShares Dow Jones US Home Construction ETF (ITB 29.17, +0.46) gained 1.6%, ending at levels last seen in August 2007.

Stock-specific news was limited today, but it is worth noting that Zulily (ZU 18.74, +6.17) spiked 49.1% after agreeing to be acquired by Liberty Interactive (QVCA 29.80, -0.46) for $18.75/share.

On the downside, the energy sector spent the entire trading day near its flat line as crude oil added to its recent losses, falling 1.5% to $41.87/bbl. Including today's decline, WTI crude is now down 11.9% since the end of July.

As mentioned earlier, today's trading volume was well below average with fewer than 700 million shares changing hands at the NYSE floor.

Economic data was limited to Empire Manufacturing and NAHB Housing Market Index:
Related Stories

How the Dow Jones industrial average fared on Wednesday Associated Press
U.S. stocks close mostly higher though early gains pared MarketWatch
InPlay from Briefing.com Briefing.com
Sure, the S&P 500 Erased Its Losses Today But Don't Bet on a Big Bounce Tomorrow Barrons.com
U.S. stocks gyrate after Fed leaves rates unchanged MarketWatch

The Empire Manufacturing Survey for August registered a reading of -14.9, which was below the prior month's reading of 3.9 and below the Briefing.com consensus estimate, which was pegged at 5.0
New orders fell to -15.7 from -3.7 while shipments declined -13.8 from +8.2
The NAHB Housing Market Index for August rose to 61 from 60, which is what the Briefing.com consensus expected

Tomorrow, July Housing Starts (Briefing.com consensus 1.200 million) and Building Permits (consensus 1.257 million) will both be reported at 8:30 ET.

Nasdaq Composite +7.5% YTD
S&P 500 +2.1% YTD
Russell 2000 +1.7% YTD
Dow Jones Industrial Average -1.6% YTD

3:40 pm: [BRIEFING.COM]

The dollar index traded in positive territory in afternoon trading, which helped weigh on commodities
In current trade, the Bloomberg Commodity Index is trading -0.6% at 89.81
Sept WTI crude oil futures sold off sharply heading into pit trading, ultimately closing the session -1.6% at $41.81/barrel
Sept nat gas sold off today, losing -2.5% to close at $2.73/MMBtu
Precious metals held some gains despite the strength in the dollar index
Dec gold rose +0.5% at $1118.20/oz, while Sept silver +0.6% to $15.30/oz
Copper was weak all day, finally closing -0.9% at $2.33/lb

2:55 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] The S&P 500 trades higher by 0.4% with one hour remaining in today's session. The benchmark index began the day with a ten-point loss, but was able to turn that into a ten-point gain amid light trading volume.

The thin trading conditions remain in effect, evidenced by the NYSE floor volume, which has yet to cross above 380 million shares.

Nine sectors remain in the green while the energy space (-0.1%) hovers just below its flat line. On a related note, crude oil fell to a new low just ahead of the pit close, ending the session lower by 1.5% at $41.87/bbl.

Elsewhere, Treasuries have spent the afternoon in narrow ranges near their highs with the 10-yr yield down five basis points at 2.15%.

2:25 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] The major averages remain near their highs with the Nasdaq Composite (+0.7%) extending its lead over the S&P 500 (+0.4%) thanks to continued strength in the biotechnology group. The iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 370.49, +6.43) has climbed steadily since the opening bell and the ETF is now up 1.8% on the session.

Elsewhere, high-beta chipmakers have also contributed to the strength in the Nasdaq as the PHLX Semiconductor Index (+0.7%) trades in-line with the tech-heavy index. Seven index members trade in the red while SunEdison (SUNE 14.70, +0.56) leads with a 3.9% gain.

1:55 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] Not much change in the market as the quiet session continues with the S&P 500 (+0.5%) just one point below its best level of the day.

Nine sector remain in the green with the consumer discretionary space (+0.9%) now trading ahead of health care (+0.8%). The discretionary sector remains supported by most of its components while homebuilders have added to their gains with iShares Dow Jones US Home Construction ETF (ITB 29.16, +0.45) now up 1.6%.

Elsewhere, the financial sector (+0.2%) is now a reluctant participant in the advance after spending the first half of the session in the red.

1:30 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] After shrugging off early weakness, the major U.S. indices remain solidly in positive territory, setting new highs in a noticeably quiet trade.

A look inside the Dow Jones Industrial Average shows UnitedHealth Group (UNH 123.63, +2.61), Walt Disney (DIS 109.10, +1.94), and McDonalds (MCD 100.65, +1.38) are outperforming. UnitedHealth Group is higher amid general strength in the health care sector, one of the top performing industries in today's session, while Walt Disney is performing well after unveiling plans for a Star-Wars themed land as its Disney theme parks.

Conversely, Chevron (CVX 83.15, -1.77) is the worst-performing Dow component amid continuing weakness in the energy sector as crude oil futures continue to fall.

Despite today's 0.4% gain, the DJIA is still down 0.8% in August.

12:55 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] The stock market holds a modest midday gain with the Nasdaq Composite (+0.5%) trading ahead of the Dow Jones Industrial Average (+0.3%) and S&P 500 (+0.3%).

Equity indices began the trading day in the red after the August Empire Manufacturing survey (-14.9; Briefing.com consensus 5.0) came in well below expectations, showing deterioration in all key areas of the report. However, the opening weakness was short-lived as the market climbed into the green just 90 minutes into the trading day. To be fair, today's activity has been relatively subdued with just 276 million shares having changed hands at the NYSE floor so far.

Eight sectors sport midday gains with heavily-weighted consumer discretionary (+0.7%) and health care (+0.6%) in the lead. The health care sector has shown strength since the early going with biotechnology fueling the move. The iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 367.50, +3.44) trades higher by 0.9%, which has contributed to the relative strength in the Nasdaq.

For its part, the discretionary space has been lifted by most of its components, including the homebuilder group, which has rallied after an in-line NAHB Housing Market Index for August (61). As a result, the iShares Dow Jones US Home Construction ETF (ITB 29.10, +0.39) has climbed 1.4% to levels not seen since August 2007.

Elsewhere, the top-weighted technology sector (+0.3%) trades in-line with the broader market while financials (+0.1%) lag.

On the downside, the energy sector (-0.3%) holds a slim loss while crude oil trades lower by 0.4% at $42.32/bbl after being down as much as 2.0%.

Treasuries hit their highs in reaction to today's economic data and they remain near their best levels of the day with the 10-yr yield down five basis points at 2.15%.

Economic data was limited to Empire Manufacturing and NAHB Housing Market Index:

The Empire Manufacturing survey for August registered a reading of -14.9, which was below the prior month's reading of 3.9 and below the Briefing.com consensus estimate, which was pegged at 5.0
New orders fell to -15.7 from -3.7 while shipments declined -13.8 from +8.2
The NAHB Housing Market Index for August rose to 61 from 60, which is what the Briefing.com consensus expected

12:25 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] The major averages continue holding modest gains with the S&P 500 trading higher by 0.3%.

Eight sectors trade in the green while the energy sector (-0.2%) has recently dipped into negative territory after surrendering its earlier gain. Last week, the growth-sensitive sector spiked 3.2% even though crude oil gave up 3.6% over the course of the week. Today, however, the energy component has fought back from its overnight low, but it remains lower by 0.8% at $42.27/bbl.

Elsewhere, the consumer staples sector (-0.1%) also trails the broader market, but the group has approached its flat line in recent going.
Related Quotes

11:55 am: [BRIEFING.COM] The key indices remain near their best levels of the day with the Nasdaq (+0.3%) staying ahead of the S&P 500 (+0.2%) as relatively light trading conditions remain in effect.

The health care sector (+0.6%) has shown relative strength since the start of the trading day and the influential group remains in the lead. That being said, a couple other sectors like utilities (+0.6%), consumer discretionary (+0.6%) trade right behind health care.

The discretionary space has benefited from broad-based support while the utilities space has been underpinned by lower yields that have resulted from strength in the Treasury market. The 10-yr note remains not far below its session high with the benchmark yield down four basis points at 2.16%.

11:25 am: [BRIEFING.COM] Equity indices have extended their rebound off early lows with the Nasdaq Composite (+0.4%) maintaining the lead. That being said, the early part of the trading day has been very quiet as summer doldrums set in. To that point, only 200 million shares have changed hands at the NYSE floor so far today.

Thanks to the turnaround, eight sectors are now in the green while consumer staples (-0.1%) and financials (-0.1%) remain in negative territory. On the upside, the health care sector (+0.5%) leads thanks to strength in biotechnology while the consumer discretionary space (+0.5%) follows right behind.

Homebuilders have contributed to the strength in the discretionary space, but most other components have also shown strength. As for homebuilders, the iShares Dow Jones US Home Construction ETF (ITB 29.04, +0.34) trades higher by 1.2%.

10:55 am: [BRIEFING.COM] The major averages have recovered off their early lows with the S&P 500 (-0.1%) now trading just below its flat line while the Nasdaq Composite (+0.1%) has turned positive.

Biotechnology has been one of the driving forces behind the rebound in the Nasdaq, evidenced by a 0.6% gain in iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 366.39, +2.33). On a related note, the health care sector (+0.4%) trades ahead of the remaining nine groups. Similar to health care, five other sectors hold gains while four remain in negative territory.

Interestingly, the rebound in equities has not lured any money out of the bond market as Treasuries remain near their highs with the 10-yr yield down four basis points at 2.16%.

10:35 am: [BRIEFING.COM]

Commodities are trading broadly lower this morning, with energy leading declines in the complex so far this session.
The dollar index traded positive overnight, putting acute pressure on both oil and copper, while moderating gains in precious metals
However, following the release of the Empire Manufacturing Index this morning (which came in well below expectations) the dollar index quickly sold off to back near the unchanged mark, which gave gold and silver futures fuel to rally to session highs. The index is now +0.3% to 96.80
Following a modest pull-back recently, both precious metals are solidly higher, with gold at +0.4% to $1117/oz and silver at +0.3% to $15.27/oz
WTI trended lower overnight, at one point falling below the $42/barrel level, as Middle East production headlines and US oil rig increases have the market focused on near-term over-supply in the commodity.
Also, a stronger overnight dollar and a reported 2Q GDP contraction in Japan, lent themselves to peripherally drive crude downward going into early morning trade.
Crude currently sits near the $42/barrel level, at -0.9% to $42.10/barrel, and Brent is -0.1% to $49.19/barrel
Natural gas is falling steadily largely on decreases in near-term national temperature forecasts, now -2.2% to $2.74/MMBtu
Copper is seeing moderate selling on macro demand concerns and a strengthening dollar index, currently -1.6% to $2.31/lb

10:00 am: [BRIEFING.COM] Equity indices remain near their early lows with the S&P 500 down 0.5% while the Nasdaq Composite (-0.3%) outperforms.

Just released, the NAHB Housing Market Index for August rose to 61 from 60, which is what the Briefing.com consensus expected.

9:40 am: [BRIEFING.COM] The major averages began the trading day on the defensive with the S&P 500 down 0.6%.

Nine sectors display opening losses while the utilities sector (+0.2%) outperforms slightly. On the flip side, the energy sector (-0.8%) is the weakest performer amid continued selling in the oil market. To that point, crude oil is lower by 0.9% at $42.13/bbl.

Elsewhere, heavily-weighted financials (-0.6%), industrials (-0.7%), and technology (-0.7%) have shown early weakness.

Treasuries remain near their best levels of the trading day with the 10-yr yield down four basis points at 2.16%.

9:10 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: -5.00. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -7.20. The stock market is on track for a lower open as S&P 500 futures trade five points below fair value.

Index futures hovered near their flat lines during early morning action, but they have slid to lows after the release of a disappointing Empire Manufacturing Survey for August, which fell to -14.9 from 3.9 (Briefing.com consensus 5.0).

The Empire Manufacturing Survey showed deterioration in the key areas of the report, which in turn has pressured an otherwise quiet futures market. Treasuries hit their highs in reaction to the data with the 10-yr yield now down five basis points at 2.15%.

One more economic report remains with the NAHB Housing Market Index for August (Briefing.com consensus 61.0) set to be released at 10:00 ET.

On the corporate front, Zulily (ZU 18.78, +6.21) is on track to open higher by 49.2% after agreeing to be acquired by Liberty Interactive (QVCA 30.74, +0.48) for $18.75/share.

9:02 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: -5.50. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -7.70. The S&P 500 futures trade six points below fair value.

Trading action was mixed among the major indices in the Asia-Pacific region, although regional bourses were decidedly weak, having been buffeted by ongoing concerns regarding the yuan's devaluation and the indication that Japan's economy contracted in the second quarter. Vietnam (-2.7%) led the way lower followed by Malaysia (-1.5%) and Singapore (-1.5%).

In economic data:
Japan's Q2 GDP -0.4% quarter-over-quarter (expected -0.5%; prior 1.1%); -1.6% annualized (expected -1.9%; prior 4.5%). Separately, Q2 GDP Capital Expenditure -0.1% quarter-over-quarter, as expected, and Q2 GDP Private Consumption -0.8% quarter-over-quarter (expected -0.4%; prior 0.3%). Also of note, GDP Price Index +1.6% year-over-year (prior 3.4%)
Singapore's July Non-oil exports +2.4% month-over-month (expected -0.8%; prior -2.7%); -0.8% year-over-year (consensus -2.1%; last 4.5%)

------

Japan's Nikkei increased 0.5% on the heels of the country's Q2 GDP report, which showed a contraction in economic activity that was not as large as expected. Gains were paced by the consumer staples (+1.3%), health care (+1.2%), and materials (+0.9%) sectors. Kikkoman (+5.1%), Teijin (+4.9%), and Kyowa Hakko Kirin (+3.7%) were the top-performing stocks. Chiyoda (-3.7%), COMSYS Holdings (-3.0%), and SCREEN Holdings (-2.4%) brought up the rear. Out of the 225 index members, 156 ended higher, 58 finished lower, and 11 were unchanged.
Hong Kong's Hang Seng declined 0.7%. Kunlun Energy (-2.5%), China Shenhua Energy (-2.5%), and Bank of East Asia (-2.4%) were the biggest laggards. China Mobile (+1.5%) and Want Want China Holdings (+1.2%), meanwhile, were the only stocks that gained more than 1.0%. Out of the 50 index members, 7 ended higher, 42 finished lower, and 1 was unchanged.
China's Shanghai Composite increased 0.7%, overcoming a weak start and finishing at its highs for the session. Airline stocks helped pace the positive start to the week, which saw the yuan trade in steadier fashion but still fall slightly against the greenback.

Major European indices have retreated from their opening highs and they now trade lower across the board. Reports from Europe indicate German Chancellor Angela Merkel will face increasing opposition from her parliament with regard to the bailout package for Greece. Furthermore, it remains unclear whether the International Monetary Fund will be included in the final agreement.

Economic data was limited:
Eurozone June trade surplus expanded to EUR26.40 billion from EUR18.80 billion

------

UK's FTSE is lower by 0.5% with consumer names among the laggards. Barratt Developments, Kingfisher, Morrison Supermarkets, and Persimmon show losses between 0.8% and 1.2%. On the upside, select miners outperform with Antofagasta and Fresnillo both up near 0.5%.
Germany's DAX has given up 1.1% amid weakness in most components. Daimler and Volkswagen are both down near 1.3% apiece while Henkel is the weakest performer, trading lower by 1.8%.
In France, the CAC has surrendered 0.5%. Renault and Peugeot are both down near 1.7% apiece. Conversely, Alstom has surged 6.2% amid indications the company's sale of its energy division to General Electric will get the green light from European regulators.

8:32 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: -3.00. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -2.90. The S&P 500 futures trade three points below fair value.

The Empire Manufacturing Survey for August registered a reading of -14.9, which was below the prior month's reading of 3.9 and below the Briefing.com consensus estimate, which was pegged at 5.0.

7:55 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: -0.50. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +1.70. U.S. equity futures trade little changed with S&P 500 futures hovering just below fair value after trading inside a ten-point range through the night.

The new trading week has gotten off to a relatively quiet start with Asian indices ending Monday on a mixed note while markets across Europe trade with gains.

Domestically, investors will receive the Empire Manufacturing Index for August at 8:30 ET (Briefing.com consensus 5.0) while the August NAHB Housing Market Index will be reported at 10:00 ET (expected 61.0).

Treasuries hold modest gains with the 10-yr yield down two basis points at 2.18%.

In U.S. corporate news of note:

Cisco Systems (CSCO 28.63, -0.40): -1.4% after Morgan Stanley downgraded the stock to 'Equal-Weight' from 'Overweight.'
Estee Lauder (EL 88.82, 0.00): unch after beating bottom-line estimates on light revenue and issuing below-consensus guidance.

Reviewing overnight developments:

Asian markets ended mixed. Hong Kong's Hang Seng -0.7%, China's Shanghai Composite +0.7%, and Japan's Nikkei +0.5%
In economic data:
Japan's Q2 GDP -0.4% quarter-over-quarter (expected -0.5%; prior 1.1%); -1.6% annualized (expected -1.9%; prior 4.5%). Separately, Q2 GDP Capital Expenditure -0.1% quarter-over-quarter, as expected, and Q2 GDP Private Consumption -0.8% quarter-over-quarter (expected -0.4%; prior 0.3%). Also of note, GDP Price Index +1.6% year-over-year (prior 3.4%)
Singapore's July Non-oil exports +2.4% month-over-month (expected -0.8%; prior -2.7%); -0.8% year-over-year (consensus -2.1%; last 4.5%)
In news:
Japan's GDP report showed the first contraction in three quarters with quarterly private consumption falling twice as fast as expected

Major European indices trade mostly higher. France's CAC +0.4%, Germany's DAX +0.2%, and UK's FTSE -0.1%. Elsewhere, Italy's MIB +0.3% and Spain's IBEX +0.2%
Economic data was limited:
Eurozone June trade surplus expanded to EUR26.40 billion from EUR18.80 billion
Among news of note:
Reports from Europe indicate German Chancellor Angela Merkel will face increasing opposition from her parliament with regard to the bailout package for Greece. Furthermore, it remains unclear whether the International Monetary Fund will be included in the final agreement.

5:50 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +2.50. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +9.80.

5:50 am: [BRIEFING.COM] Nikkei...20620.26...+100.80...+0.50%. Hang Seng...23814.65...-176.40...-0.70%.

5:50 am: [BRIEFING.COM] FTSE...4977.53...+21.10...+0.40%. DAX...11023.76...+38.60...+0.40%.

Special thanks to Bloomberg, Briefing, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance for their market summaries. gm

Best Regards,
M.A. Perry
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
Image@ http://twitter.com/wrbtrader Image@ http://stocktwits.com/wrbtrader

http://www.thestrategylab.com
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
Skype Messenger: kebec2002
wrbanalysis@gmail.com
Go Back To TheStrategyLab.com Homepage