TheStrategyLab.com Price Action Trading Support Forum

Forum for price action traders that want to learn WRB Analysis basic tutorial chapters 1, 2 and 3 prior to purchasing our advance trade methods. Hashtags: #wrbanalysis #wrbzone #wrbhiddengap #priceaction #trading
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: August 4th Tuesday Trade Results - Profit $2657.50
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:50 am 
Site Admin

Trade Results of M.A. Perry
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
Price Action Trading (no technical indicators)
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
Free Chat Room: http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164
Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
wrbanalysis@gmail.com (24/7)
http://twitter.com/wrbtrader (24/7)

Attachment:
080415-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-PnL-Blotter-Profit+2657.50.png
080415-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-PnL-Blotter-Profit+2657.50.png [ 95.07 KiB | Viewed 270 times ]

click on the above image to view today's performance verification

Price Action Trade Performance for Today: Emini TF ($TF_F) futures @ ($30.00) dollars or -0.30 points, Emini ES ($ES_F) futures @ $2687.50 dollars or +53.75 points, Light Crude Oil CL ($CL_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Gold GC ($GC_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points and EuroFX 6E ($6E_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.0000 ticks. Total Profit @ $2657.50 dollars

Russell 2000 Emini TF Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ The ICE
S&P 500 Emini ES Futures: 1 tick or 0.25 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Light Crude Oil CL (WTI) Futures: 1 tick or 0.01 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Gold GC Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
EuroFX 6E Futures: 1 tick or 0.0001 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup

Trade Log: All of my trades were posted real-time in the timestamp ##TheStrategyLab free chat room. You can read today's price action trading information about my trades (e.g. time, price entry, contract size, price exit) as the trade traversed to its completion. Also, sometimes I'll post real-time trading tips in ##TheStrategyLab chat room involving WRBs, WRB Hidden GAPs, Key Market Events (KME), Tutorial Chapters 2 & 3, WRB Zones, Reaction Highs/Lows, Contracting Volatility or Expanding Volatility. Its all archived @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/ftchat/forum/viewtopic.php?f=146&t=2139

Quote:
All of my real-time posted trades involves price action concepts from the WRB Analysis free study guide, Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 4 - 12 and the Volatility Trading Report (VTR) trade signal strategies. Analysis -----> Trade Signals

Also, posted below are direct links to information about my price action trade methodology and trading plan (there's a difference between the two) that enables me to identify key trading areas in the price action that represent changes in supply/demand and volatility along with being able to exploit these changes via WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis). I'm primarily a day trader because it suits my personal lifestyle but I do occasionally swing trade and position trade. Simply, my trade method is applicable for position trading, swing trading and day trading.

Image ##TheStrategyLab Chat Room is free. Members and I use the chat room to post WRB Analysis commentary, real-time trades and to post anything else related to trading. The chat room helps me tremendously in my own trading because I use it to document (journal) general volatility analysis involving WRB Analysis so that I can easily review at a later date my thoughts as I interacted with the markets...info I can not get from my broker statements. Also, this is not a signal calling chat room where a head trader tells you when to buy or sell and I do not have the time/energy/resources to manage a signal calling chat room. Access instructions for chat room @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164

Image Price Action Analysis via Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/WRBAnalysisTutorials.htm and there's a free study guide of the WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1, 2 and 3 @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=718

Analysis -----> Trade Signals

Image Trade Signal Strategies via Volatility Trading Report (VTR) @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/VolatilityTrading.htm and there's a free trade signal strategy @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=89 so that you can freely test drive one of our price action trade strategies with support (answering your questions) prior to purchasing the Volatility Trading Report (VTR). All WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1 - 12 are included in the purchase of the Volatility Trading Report (VTR).

Image Trading Plan Daily Routine @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=269&t=2840 contains brief information about trading plan, market context, brokers, trading time frames, position size management and other discussions.

-----------------------------

Market Context Summaries

The below summaries by Bloomberg, Briefing, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance helps me to do a quick review of the fundamentals, FED/ECB/BOE/IMF actions or any important global economic events (e.g. Eurozone, MarketWatch.com) that had an impact on today's price action in many trading instruments I monitor during the trading day. Simply, I'm a strong believer that key market events causes key changes in supply/demand and volatility resulting in trade opportunities (swing points and strong continuation price actions) that reach profit targets. Thus, I pay attention to these key market events, intermarket analysis (e.g. Forex EurUsd, EuroFX 6E futures, Gold GC futures, Light Crude Oil (WTI) CL & Brent Oil futures, Eurex DAX futures, Euronext FTSE100 futures, Emini ES futures, Emini TF futures, Treasury ZB futures and U.S. Dollar Index futures) while using WRB Analysis from one trade to the next trade to give me the market context for price action trading before the appearance of my technical analysis trade signals. Therefore, I maintain these archives to allow me to understand what was happening on any given trading day in the past involving key market events to help better understand my trade decisions (day trading, swing trading, position trading)...something I can not get from my broker statements alone. Further, most financial websites remove (delete) their archives after a few years to make room for new content. Therefore, I maintain my own archives of the news content so that I have it available for me when financial websites no longer archives their content.

Attachment:
080415-Key-Price-Action-Markets.png
080415-Key-Price-Action-Markets.png [ 1.06 MiB | Viewed 287 times ]

click on the above image to view today's price action of key markets

S&P 500 Logs Third Consecutive Decline as Technology Weighs

Dow -47.51 at 17551.29, Nasdaq -9.84 at 5105.54, S&P -4.72 at 2093.32
[BRIEFING.COM] The stock market registered its third consecutive decline on Tuesday with the S&P 500 shedding 0.2% while the Dow Jones Industrial Average (-0.3%) underperformed.

Equity indices spent the first half of the trading day near their flat lines with the S&P 500 bouncing inside a six-point range. The benchmark index made a brief appearance in the green, but could not build on that momentary gain as the top-weighted technology sector (-0.7%) weighed. Specifically, Apple (AAPL 114.64, -3.80) was down as much as 4.4% in the early going, which kept a lid on the market. The tech heavyweight narrowed its loss to 3.2% by the close, ending near levels last seen in late January.

Similar to Apple, most large cap tech components registered losses while chipmakers also underperformed with the PHLX Semiconductor Index falling 1.1%. Including today's decline, the SOX index is down 7.2% in 2015.

Unlike technology, most other cyclical sectors traded in the green early on, but their gains faded during the afternoon. The S&P 500 marked a session low during afternoon action after Atlanta Fed President and FOMC voting member Dennis Lockhart said that, barring significant deterioration in economic data, the economy will be ready for a rate hike in September. The stock market recovered rather quickly from the move that occurred after Mr. Lockhart's comments while Treasuries settled near their lows with the 10-yr yield rising six basis points to 2.21%. On a related note, the Dollar Index (97.91, +0.41) charged to a fresh high, climbing 0.4%. The USD/CAD pair was in focus as continued weakness in the Canadian dollar drove the pair to a fresh 11-year high.

Although the S&P 500 returned to its intraday range, it could not push into the green as only two sectors—consumer discretionary (+0.3%) and materials (+0.4%)—registered gains. The discretionary sector was underpinned by retailers, evidenced by a 0.7% gain in SPDR S&P Retail ETF (XRT 97.89, +0.67). On the earnings front, Coach (COH 31.40, +0.97) spiked 3.2% after beating earnings and revenue estimates.

On the downside, the energy sector (-0.5%) struggled even as crude oil rose 1.1% to $45.76/bbl. Similarly, telecom services (-0.5%) and utilities (-1.7%) ended the day behind the broader market. The utilities sector ended at the bottom of the leaderboard, snapping its seven-day streak as higher market rates took some shine of the high-yielding sector.

Today's participation was in-line with average as roughly 790 million shares changed hands at the NYSE floor.

Economic data was limited to the Factory Orders report for June, which increased an in-line 1.8%. Durable goods orders increased 3.4% in June, which was unrevised from the advance durable goods report. These orders declined 2.3% in May.

As the advance report already showed, a majority of the increase in orders was the result of a 56.0% increase in defense and nondefense aircraft orders. Excluding transportation, durable goods orders were revised down from a 0.8% gain in the advance report to an increase of 0.6%.

Tomorrow, the weekly MBA Mortgage Index will be released at 7:00 ET while ADP Employment Change for July (Briefing.com consensus 220K) will be announced at 8:15 ET. The Trade Balance for June (consensus -$42.70 billion) will cross the wires at 8:30 ET while the ISM Services Index for July (expected 56.3) will be reported at 10:00 ET.

Nasdaq Composite +7.8% YTD
S&P 500 +1.7% YTD
Russell 2000 +1.9% YTD
Dow Jones Industrial Average -1.5% YTD

Read more: http://www.briefing.com/investor/market ... z3hwbxs4Fb

MarketWatch

U.S. stocks end lower as Sept. rate-hike talk gains steam

U.S. stocks closed lower Tuesday, but off the session lows hit when one Federal Reserve president indicated a September interest-rate hike is likely unless there is a significant deterioration in the economy.

The Dow Jones Industrial Average DJIA, -0.27% finished down 47.51 points, or 0.3%, to close at 17,550.69, after being down nearly 93 points intraday.

The S&P 500 SPX, -0.22% slipped 4.72 points, or 0.2%, to 2,093.32, after being down as much as 9 points. The Nasdaq Composite Index COMP, -0.19% lost 9.84 points, or 0.2%, to finish at 5,105.55, after being down almost 23 points.

While stocks had been choppy for most of the session, they lurched lower after Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta President Dennis Lockhart told The Wall Street Journal that “there is a high bar right now to not acting.” That was seen as a signal that Fed officials are serious about raising rates in September.

Among the day’s notable individual moves, shares of Apple Inc. AAPL, -0.78% closed down 3.8%.

Read: Apple’s stock drops below 2 bearish technical levels

Tuesday’s early-session was choppy following a weak session Monday, when all three stock averages closed firmly lower after disappointing U.S. economic data and a slump in oil prices. A report on manufacturing activity came in lower than expected, reigniting fears that growth in the world’s largest economy is losing momentum.

Last week’s lackluster wage-growth figures and a weak rise in consumer spending are weighing on investors’s minds, forcing markets into a sideways situation, said Randy Frederick, managing director at the Schwab Center for Financial Research, in a phone interview.

“It is a tough market for people to trade,” Frederick said.

Nicholas Colas, chief market strategist at Convergex, in a Tuesday note warned that “August is going to be a long and lonely month for U.S. equity markets.” The month is traditionally a slower month for activity as traders take summer vacations.

“Domestic stocks hover at the upper end of comfortable valuations, and market internals aren’t helping much to mitigate the volatility that comes with those high price/earnings ratios,” Colas said, suggesting that stocks may be more expensive than their fundamental performance can support.

Data due later this week could also dictate the future trading direction. On Friday, the top-tier nonfarm-payrolls report is due, which will be scrutinized for clues to the strength of the labor-market recovery. The Federal Reserve has said it is watching economic indicators—wages and employment numbers in particular—as it assesses when to hike interest rates.

Bloomberg

The Oil Crash Has Caused a $1.3 Trillion Wipeout

It’s the oil crash few saw coming, and few have been spared as it erased $1.3 trillion, the equivalent of Mexico’s annual GDP, in little more than a year.

Take billionaire Carl Icahn. When crude was at its peak in June 2014, the activist investor’s stake in Chesapeake Energy Corp. was worth almost $2 billion. Today, oil has lost more than half its value, Chesapeake is the worst performer in the Standard & Poor’s 500 Index and Icahn has a paper loss of $1.3 billion. The S&P 500, by contrast, is up 6.9 percent in that time.

Attachment:
080615-Oil-Trillion-Dollar-Wipeout.png
080615-Oil-Trillion-Dollar-Wipeout.png [ 172.9 KiB | Viewed 262 times ]

State pension funds and insurance companies have also been hard hit. Investment advisers, who manage the mutual funds and exchange-traded products that are staples of many retirement plans, had $1.8 trillion tied to energy stocks in June 2014, according to data compiled by Bloomberg.

“The hit has been huge,” said Chris Beck, chief investment officer for small- and mid-capitalization companies for Delaware Investments, an asset management firm in Philadelphia with $180 billion in assets under management. “Everybody was thinking that oil would stay in the $90 to $100 a barrel range.”

The California Public Employees Retirement System, a $303 billion fund that provides benefits to 1.72 million people, owned a $91.8 million slice of Pioneer Natural Resources Co. in June 2014. At the time, Pioneer was a $33 billion company and one of the biggest shale producers in Texas. Today, Pioneer is worth $19 billion and Calpers’ stake has lost about $40 million in market value.

Since June 2014, the combined market capitalization of 157 energy companies listed in the MSCI World Energy Sector Index or the Bloomberg Intelligence North America Independent Explorers & Producers Index has lost about $1.3 trillion.

If crude rebounds, investors may make some of their money back, though values may not recover as quickly as they fell. After the tech bubble burst in 2000, erasing $7 trillion from the Nasdaq Composite Index, it took almost 15 years for the market to return to its pre-crash level.

Oil, which lost more than half its value in the past year, will rise less than $20 through the first quarter of 2016, according to the median estimate compiled by Bloomberg.

Special thanks to Bloomberg, Briefing, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance for their market summaries. gm

Best Regards,
M.A. Perry
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
Image@ http://twitter.com/wrbtrader Image@ http://stocktwits.com/wrbtrader

http://www.thestrategylab.com
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
Skype Messenger: kebec2002
wrbanalysis@gmail.com
Go Back To TheStrategyLab.com Homepage