TheStrategyLab.com Price Action Trading Support Forum

Forum for price action traders that want to learn WRB Analysis basic tutorial chapters 1, 2 and 3 prior to purchasing our advance trade methods. Hashtags: #wrbanalysis #wrbzone #wrbhiddengap #priceaction #trading
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: July 20th Monday Trade Results - Loss $1735.00
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:58 pm 
Site Admin

Trade Results of M.A. Perry
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
Price Action Trading (no technical indicators)
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
Free Chat Room: http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164
Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
wrbanalysis@gmail.com (24/7)
http://twitter.com/wrbtrader (24/7)

Attachment:
072015-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-PnL-Blotter-Loss-1735.00.png
072015-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-PnL-Blotter-Loss-1735.00.png [ 93.31 KiB | Viewed 317 times ]

click on the above image to view today's performance verification

Price Action Trade Performance for Today: Emini TF ($TF_F) futures @ ($2610.00) dollars or -26.10 points, Emini ES ($ES_F) futures @ $875.00 dollars or +17.50 points, Light Crude Oil CL ($CL_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Gold GC ($GC_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points and EuroFX 6E ($6E_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.0000 ticks. Total Loss @ ($1735.00) dollars

Russell 2000 Emini TF Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ The ICE
S&P 500 Emini ES Futures: 1 tick or 0.25 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Light Crude Oil CL (WTI) Futures: 1 tick or 0.01 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Gold GC Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
EuroFX 6E Futures: 1 tick or 0.0001 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup

Trade Log: All of my trades were posted real-time in the timestamp ##TheStrategyLab free chat room. You can read today's price action trading information about my trades (e.g. time, price entry, contract size, price exit) as the trade traversed to its completion. Also, sometimes I'll post real-time trading tips in ##TheStrategyLab chat room involving WRBs, WRB Hidden GAPs, Key Market Events (KME), Tutorial Chapters 2 & 3, WRB Zones, Reaction Highs/Lows, Contracting Volatility or Expanding Volatility. Its all archived @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/ftchat/forum/viewtopic.php?f=145&t=2126

Quote:
All of my real-time posted trades involves price action concepts from the WRB Analysis free study guide, Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 4 - 12 and the Volatility Trading Report (VTR) trade signal strategies. Analysis -----> Trade Signals

Also, posted below are direct links to information about my price action trade methodology and trading plan (there's a difference between the two) that enables me to identify key trading areas in the price action that represent changes in supply/demand and volatility along with being able to exploit these changes via WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis). I'm primarily a day trader because it suits my personal lifestyle but I do occasionally swing trade and position trade. Simply, my trade method is applicable for position trading, swing trading and day trading.

Image ##TheStrategyLab Chat Room is free. Members and I use the chat room to post WRB Analysis commentary, real-time trades and to post anything else related to trading. The chat room helps me tremendously in my own trading because I use it to document (journal) general volatility analysis involving WRB Analysis so that I can easily review at a later date my thoughts as I interacted with the markets...info I can not get from my broker statements. Also, this is not a signal calling chat room where a head trader tells you when to buy or sell and I do not have the time/energy/resources to manage a signal calling chat room. Access instructions for chat room @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164

Image Price Action Analysis via Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/WRBAnalysisTutorials.htm and there's a free study guide of the WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1, 2 and 3 @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=718

Analysis -----> Trade Signals

Image Trade Signal Strategies via Volatility Trading Report (VTR) @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/VolatilityTrading.htm and there's a free trade signal strategy @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=89 so that you can freely test drive one of our price action trade strategies with support (answering your questions) prior to purchasing the Volatility Trading Report (VTR). All WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1 - 12 are included in the purchase of the Volatility Trading Report (VTR).

Image Trading Plan Daily Routine @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=267&t=2814 contains brief information about trading plan, market context, brokers, trading time frames, position size management and other discussions.

-----------------------------

Market Context Summaries

The below summaries by Bloomberg, Briefing, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance helps me to do a quick review of the fundamentals, FED/ECB/BOE/IMF actions or any important global economic events (e.g. Eurozone, MarketWatch.com) that had an impact on today's price action in many trading instruments I monitor during the trading day. Simply, I'm a strong believer that key market events causes key changes in supply/demand and volatility resulting in trade opportunities (swing points and strong continuation price actions) that reach profit targets. Thus, I pay attention to these key market events, intermarket analysis (e.g. Forex EurUsd, EuroFX 6E futures, Gold GC futures, Light Crude Oil (WTI) CL & Brent Oil futures, Eurex DAX futures, Euronext FTSE100 futures, Emini ES futures, Emini TF futures, Treasury ZB futures and U.S. Dollar Index futures) while using WRB Analysis from one trade to the next trade to give me the market context for price action trading before the appearance of my technical analysis trade signals. Therefore, I maintain these archives to allow me to understand what was happening on any given trading day in the past involving key market events to help better understand my trade decisions (day trading, swing trading, position trading)...something I can not get from my broker statements alone. Further, most financial websites remove (delete) their archives after a few years to make room for new content. Therefore, I maintain my own archives of the news content so that I have it available for me when financial websites no longer archives their content.

Attachment:
072015-Key-Price-Action-Markets.png
072015-Key-Price-Action-Markets.png [ 988.89 KiB | Viewed 380 times ]

click on the above image to view today's price action of key markets

4:10 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] The stock market began the week on a higher, albeit sleepy, note with the S&P 500 (+0.1%) testing its record close from May. The benchmark index backed away from its session high into the close, settling a bit behind the Nasdaq Composite (+0.2%), which marked a fresh closing record high at 5,218.86.

Equity indices started the Monday session near their flat lines with the S&P 500 spending the initial hour in the red; however, influential sectors like technology (+0.5%), financials (+0.1%), and health care (+0.3%) displayed early strength, underpinning the broader market.

The S&P 500 was back in the green by 11:00 ET and slowly inched higher into the afternoon. Seven sectors ended the day with gains while energy (-1.3%), materials (-0.9%), and utilities (-0.5%) spent the session below their flat lines.

Notably, the energy sector retreated alongside crude oil, which fell 1.6% to $50.40/bbl. Meanwhile, the growth-sensitive sector struggled throughout the session, widening its July loss to 4.5%, even after Halliburton (HAL 40.75, +0.76) climbed 1.9% after reporting better than expected results.

On the upside, the technology sector held the lead throughout the session with gains among the likes of Apple (AAPL 132.07, +2.45), Facebook (FB 97.91, +2.94), and Visa (V 72.70, +1.82) overshadowing a 1.0% decline in the shares of Google (GOOGL 692.84, -6.78). Also of note, IBM (IBM 173.22, +0.71) gained 0.4% ahead of its quarterly report.

Interestingly, high-beta chipmakers could not keep pace with the technology sector, evidenced by a 0.7% decline in the PHLX Semiconductor Index. Similarly, high-beta transport stocks struggled (Dow Jones Transportation Average -0.4%) while the broader industrial sector (unch) settled just above its flat line. Lockheed Martin (LMT 205.13, +3.95) was in the news, spiking 2.0% after reporting better than expected results and announcing the acquisition of the Sikorsky helicopter unit from United Technologies (UTX 110.48, -0.26) for $9.0 billion in cash.

Elsewhere, Treasuries slipped into the red during overnight action and they settled near their overnight lows with the 10-yr yield rising two basis points to 2.37%.

Investor participation was relatively light today with 720 million shares changing hands at the NYSE floor.

Today's session was free of economic data and investors will not receive any data tomorrow either.
Related Stories

InPlay from Briefing.com Briefing.com
U.S. stocks open slightly higher; Nasdaq hits record MarketWatch
U.S. Stocks Rise as Greek Uncertainty Ebbs; Nasdaq Closes at Record High The Wall Street Journal
US STOCKS-Futures rise as earnings remain in focus Reuters
US STOCKS-Wall Street ends flat as commodities weigh Reuters

Nasdaq Composite +10.2% YTD
Russell 2000 +4.6% YTD
S&P 500 +3.4% YTD
Dow Jones Industrial Average +1.6% YTD

3:15 pm: [BRIEFING.COM]

The dollar saw modest momentum in today's trading, rallying late in the afternoon, after a mid-day slump that failed to offer support to the broad commodity set
Overall, the dollar index is positive on the day by +0.2% to 98.02
Crude rallied from red to flat in early trade, as market participants tested the resolve of over-supply concerns.
The rally failed to materialize into positive territory however, as the September contract then saw an extended sell-off into the close, ending -1.6% to $50.40/barrel
Gold showed notable weakness all session, seeing almost no upward momentum from movements in the dollar. Silver fared better, but still booked losses into the close
August gold was -3.2% to $1106.80/oz and September silver was -1.3% to $14.78/oz
Copper tested its highs mid-day, near the $2.50 level in early afternoon trading. That move reversed going into the session's close however, and the metal finished -1.6% to $2.48/lb
Natural gas finished the day at -1% to $2.83/MMBtu
Agricultural closing commodities saw heavy losses, as market sentiment ahead of this afternoon's USDA Weekly Crop Progress Report drove corn to close -5.6% to $4.06/bu, wheat to end -5.2% to $5.34/bu and soybeans to finish -0.8% to $10.02/bu

2:55 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] The S&P 500 trades higher by 0.2% with one hour remaining in the session. Given its current level, the benchmark index is on track to eclipse its record closing high from May 21 (2130.82).

Investors will receive a modest batch of earnings following today's closing bell while tomorrow morning will feature 35 quarterly reports with Infosys (INFY 15.89, +0.05), United Technologies (UTX 110.03, -0.71), and Verizon (VZ 47.90, +0.30) expected to report their results before the opening bell.

As for today, IBM (IBM 172.98, +0.47) represents the most notable name on this evening's schedule while Canadian National Rail (CNI 59.70, -0.17) and Steel Dynamics (STLD 18.84, -0.33) will also report their earnings today.

2:25 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] Quiet afternoon action continues with the S&P 500 (+0.2%) trading within two points of its best level of the day.

Sector standing has not changed much with technology (+0.7%), financials (+0.4%), and health care (+0.3%) holding the lead. Interestingly, the health care sector remains among the outperformers even though the biotechnology group has retreated from its early high with the iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 397.73, +0.15) back to flat for the day.

Elsewhere, Treasuries remain near their overnight lows with the 10-yr yield up two basis points at 2.37%.

1:55 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] The stock market remains near its session high.

With no new economic data, we look toward Wednesday's existing home sales release.

Existing home sales increased 5.1% in May to 5.35 mln from 5.09 mln in April. The Briefing.com Consensus expects existing home sales increased to 5.40 mln in June.

That was the most existing homes sold in one month since November 2009 when 5.44 mln were sold.

Underlying demand conditions point toward continued growth in sales. The MBA purchase index increased 2.3% in June as buyers rushed to lock in mortgage rates before they increased any further. The latest pending home sales index increased 0.9% in May to its highest level since December 2006.

1:30 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] The major U.S. indices rest just under their intra-day highs, sporting mild gains to start the week.

A look inside the Dow Jones Industrial Average shows Visa (V 72.95, +2.07), Apple (AAPL 132.13, +2.51), and Walt Disney (DIS 119.66, +0.80) are outperforming. Visa shares are up after Oppenheimer raised their price target on the name to $81. Apple shares are trending higher ahead of the company's quarterly earnings, scheduled for tomorrow after the closing bell.

Conversely, UnitedHealth Group (UNH 122.40, -1.45) is the worst-performing Dow component.

At current levels, the DJIA is up 2.85% in July.

12:55 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] The major averages hold modest midday gains with the Nasdaq Composite (+0.3%) trading a little ahead of the S&P 500 (+0.2%).

The first half of the Monday session has been very quiet with the S&P 500 trading inside a six-point range. The benchmark index has spent some time just below its flat line, but relative strength in heavily-weighted sectors like financials (+0.4%), health care (+0.4%), and technology (+0.5%) has kept the index from dipping too far below its flat line. Furthermore, the strength in those areas has invited dip-buyers into the fold.

Six sectors display midday gains with top-weighted technology (+0.5%) in the lead while financials and health care follow right behind. The technology sector has followed Friday's spike with another show of strength even as Google (GOOGL 687.77, -9.85) trades lower by 1.4%. Meanwhile, other large sector components like Apple (AAPL 132.08, +2.46), Facebook (FB 97.33, +2.36), and Visa (V 72.90, +2.02) hold solid gains between 1.9% and 2.9%.

Elsewhere, the financial sector has received support from Morgan Stanley (MS 40.31, +0.11) as the stock holds a modest gain after beating earnings and revenue estimates. Including today's gain, the financial sector is up 4.3% for the month versus a 3.3% advance for the S&P 500.

Also of note, the health care sector received an early boost from biotechnology, but the iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 397.99, +0.41) has narrowed its gain to 0.1%.

On the downside, the energy sector (-0.9%) is the weakest performing group as crude oil trades lower by 1.3% at $50.23/bbl. The growth-sensitive sector has retreated even though Halliburton (HAL 40.94, +0.95) has climbed 2.4% after reporting better than expected results.

Treasuries have retreated overnight and they remain in the red with the 10-yr yield higher by two basis points at 2.37%.

12:30 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] Not much change in the market with the S&P 500 (+0.1%) marking a fresh session high.

Three heavily-weighted sectors have shown relative strength since the early going and their persistent strength has invited dip-buyers into the fold. As a result, only energy (-0.8%), materials (-0.6%), and utilities (-0.5%) continue trading in the red while the remaining sectors are up between 0.1% (industrials) and 0.5% (technology).

Interestingly, the industrial sector hovers in the green, but transport stocks have not followed that move with the Dow Jones Transportation Average remaining lower by 0.3%. The broader sector, however, has received a boost from a 1.8% gain in Lockheed Martin (LMT 204.84, +3.66) after the defense contractor reported better than expected results and announced the acquisition of the Sikorsky helicopter unit from United Technologies (UTX 109.97, -0.77) for $9.0 billion in cash.
Related Quotes

11:55 am: [BRIEFING.COM] Equity indices remain near their best levels of the session with the Nasdaq Composite (+0.2%) trading just ahead of the Dow (+0.1%) and S&P 500 (+0.1%).

The tech-heavy Nasdaq has continued drawing strength from heavily-weighted tech names like Apple (AAPL 131.93, +2.31), Facebook (FB 97.04, +2.06), Texas Instruments (TXN 50.03, +0.67), and Visa (V 72.85, +1.97) with the bunch overshadowing a 2.4% decline in the shares of Google (GOOGL 682.92, -16.70).

Meanwhile, unlike Texas Instruments, other high-beta chipmakers are struggling to stay in the green, evidenced by a slight downtick in the PHLX Semiconductor Index (-0.1%).

11:25 am: [BRIEFING.COM] Recent action saw the major averages extend to new session highs with the Nasdaq Composite (+0.2%) leading the move.

Only three sectors displayed gains at the open, but there are six groups trading in the green at this time. The top-weighted technology sector has extended its advance to 0.5% while the remaining five advancers are up no more than 0.2% apiece.

On the flip side, the utilities sector (-0.7%) remains behind other groups as higher market rates pressure the rate-sensitive sector with the 10-yr yield higher by three basis points at 2.38%.

Also of note, the energy sector (-0.6%) is the second-weakest performer on the cyclical side as crude oil trades lower by 0.6% at $50.58/bbl.

10:55 am: [BRIEFING.COM] The Dow and S&P 500 have traded within a striking distance of their flat lines since the opening bell while the Nasdaq Composite has returned to its unchanged level after showing relative strength at the start of the session.

In our opening update we highlighted strength in heavily-weighted groups like financials, health care, and technology, but the financial sector has returned to its unchanged level while technology (+0.3%) and health care (+0.2%) remain in the green. The tech-sector holds a modest gain thanks to strength among the likes of Apple (AAPL 131.79, +2.17), Facebook (FB 96.4, +1.47), and Visa (V 72.48, +1.60) while Google (GOOGL 684.93, -14.69) is lower by 2.1% to follow Friday's 16.3% surge.

Elsewhere, Treasuries have inched up off their morning lows with the 10-yr yield narrowing its increase to two basis points (2.37%).

10:35 am: [BRIEFING.COM]

The dollar dipped green-to-red overnight on a temporary pullback, before rallying to positives in early trade as the market continued to view recent US economic data in a positive light. The dollar has been influencing movements in crude, gold and copper so far this morning, as the index extends gains at +0.1% to 97.89
Oil rallied just above the flat-line overnight, prior to emerging supply-commentary by the Iranian Minister Of Petroleum, who indicated that Iran will likely raise its oil recovery to 4.7 mln barrels/day at some point in the near future. That commentary, coupled with a late-strengthening dollar has crude testing is LoD at -1.1% to $50.65/barrel
Gold is once again extending losses, falling to a 5 year low, as the market continues to turn away from the risk-off trade in the face of strengthening US econ. sentiment
Silver is weathering better, but is still holding moderate losses on the day. August gold is now -2.2% to $1106.30/oz while September silver is currently -0.2% to $14.81/oz
Natural gas is trending lower currently, having broken down on moderating calls for warm national weather and peripheral commentary out of Iran, which indicated that gas production will likely surpass 1 bln cubic meters/day within the next three days. Nat gas is -2.5% to $2.80/MMBtu
Copper is now -0.6% to $2.48/lb
Agricultural commodities are broadly lower so far today, ahead of this afternoon's USDA Weekly Crop Progress report (out at 4 pm ET).
Wheat is off -2.1% to $5.42/bu , Corn is -1% to $9.97/bu and Soybeans are down -1.8% to $4.13/bu

10:00 am: [BRIEFING.COM] The Dow and S&P 500 remain near their flat lines while the Nasdaq (+0.2%) trades ahead of the two indices thanks to the relative strength in technology and biotechnology.

The technology sector continues trading higher by 0.3% while the health care sector (+0.4%) has seized the lead with biotechnology contributing to the move, evidenced by a 0.8% increase in iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 400.71, +3.12).

On the downside, energy (-0.7%) and utilities (-0.9%) trade behind the remaining eight sectors.

9:40 am: [BRIEFING.COM] The major averages began the trading day with modest gains, but seven of ten sectors display opening losses.

The S&P 500 hovers just above its flat line with heavily-weighted technology (+0.1%), financials (+0.3%), and health care (+0.1%) showing early strength while energy (-0.7%), materials (-0.7%), and industrials (-0.1%) underperform.

Interestingly, small caps have shown relative weakness in the early going with the Russell 2000 trading lower by 0.3%.

Elsewhere, Treasuries have set new lows with the 10-yr yield higher by three basis points at 2.38%.

9:12 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +1.20. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +10.40. The stock market is on track for a slightly higher open as S&P 500 futures trade one point above fair value after spending the night inside a narrow trading range.

This week will be very quiet on the economic front with no data releases scheduled until Wednesday; however, a heavy dose of quarterly earnings will fill that void as the earnings season heats up. That being said, investors have received just a few reports today with Halliburton (HAL 40.80, +0.81) and Morgan Stanley (MS 40.90, +0.70) beating their respective earnings and revenue estimates.

Elsewhere, Treasuries have spent the bulk of the night in negative territory and they remain lower with the 10-yr yield higher by two basis points at 2.37%.

8:57 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +0.60. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +7.90. The S&P 500 futures trade one point above fair value.

Markets in the Asia-Pacific region turned in a mixed showing. Some of the weakest performances were registered by smaller regional markets, which got clipped in part on continued weakness in the commodities arena. Japan was closed for a holiday, so trading volume in the region was not particularly heavy, according to news reports. China's Shanghai Composite (+0.9%) was the winning standout, drawing some support from the securities regulator denouncing media reports suggesting it is looking into ways to withdraw government funds as being untrue.

Economic data was limited:
China's June House Prices -4.9% year-over-year (prior -5.7%)
Hong Kong's June Unemployment Rate held at 3.2% (consensus 3.3%)

------

Japan's Nikkei closed for holiday (Ocean Day)
Hong Kong's Hang Seng had a fractional loss, closing down less than 0.1%. Weakness in the financial (-0.4%) and consumer cyclical (-0.7%) sectors offset strength in the communications (+0.9%) and utilities (+0.2%) sectors. Belle International Holdings (-3.5%) and Lenovo Group (-1.7%) led the laggards while China Resources Land (+1.5%) and Tencent Holdings (+1.2%) paced the winners. Out of the 50 index members, 14 ended higher, 35 finished lower, and 1 was unchanged.
China's Shanghai Composite increased 0.9% in a seesaw day of trading. It was down 0.8% in early action, but recovered late with a rally in the latter stages of its trading session that was aided by the country's securities regulator saying reports the government was looking to withdraw government funds were false. The CSI 300 Index for its part jumped 0.2%, helped by the outperformance of the technology (+3.7%) and industrial (+2.3%) sectors.

Major European indices trade higher across the board with Italy's MIB (+1.5%) trading well ahead of its peers. Elsewhere, Greek banks have reopened today, but withdrawal restrictions remain in place for the time being.

In economic data:
Eurozone May Current Account surplus narrowed to EUR18.00 billion from EUR24.00 billion (expected surplus of EUR23.10 billion)
Germany's June PPI -0.1% month-over-month (expected 0.1%; prior 0.0%); -1.4% year-over-year (consensus -1.3%; last -1.3%)
Spain's trade deficit narrowed to EUR1.66 billion from EUR2.25 billion (expected deficit of EUR2.00 billion)

------

UK's FTSE is higher by 0.2% with consumer names in the lead. Sports Direct International, International Consolidated Airlines, and Sainsbury up between 0.9% and 3.1%. On the downside, miners lag with Antofagasta, Fresnillo, Glencore, and Randgold Resources down between 0.6% and 4.2%.
In France, the CAC trades up 0.7% with all but four members in the green. Financials Credit Agricole and Societe Generale hold respective gains of 1.6% and 1.4% while exporter Peugeot is the top performer, up 2.3%.
Germany's DAX has climbed 1.0% amid broad strength. Commerzbank leads with a gain of 2.2% while Deutsche Bank has added 1.6%. Conversely, exporters BMW and Volkswagen underperform with respective losses of 0.1% and 0.8%.
Italy's MIB outperforms with a gain of 1.5%. BMPS, Banca di Milano Scarl, Banca Pop Emilia Romagna, and UBI Banca are up between 2.1% and 2.9%.

8:28 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +1.70. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +9.70. Equity futures continue holding modest gains with S&P 500 futures trading two points above fair value.

The new trading week is on track for a quiet start after a largely uneventful overnight session that included a holiday closure in Japan (Ocean Day). On that note, investors did not receive any noteworthy data from Asia while economic news from Europe has also been limited.

Domestically, investors have received a few quarterly reports, but this morning has been relatively quiet compared to what's in store as the week goes on. Most notably, Morgan Stanley (MS 41.00, +0.80) is on track to open higher by 2.0% after beating earnings and revenue estimates.

7:56 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +1.50. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +7.70. U.S. equity futures trade modestly higher amid upbeat action overseas. The S&P 500 futures hover two points above fair value after maintaining an eight-point range throughout the night.

Similar to equity futures, Treasuries have traded inside narrow ranges with the 10-yr yield little changed at 2.35%.

Investors will not receive any economic data today.

In U.S. corporate news of note:

Amazon.com (AMZN 490.75, +7.74): +1.6% after being upgraded at Cowen and Wedbush.
Halliburton (HAL 41.50, +1.51): +3.8% after beating earnings and revenue estimates.
Morgan Stanley (MS 41.61, +1.41): +3.5% in reaction to better than expected earnings and revenue.

Reviewing overnight developments:

Asian markets ended mixed. China's Shanghai Composite +0.9%, Hong Kong's Hang Seng ended flat, and Japan's Nikkei was closed for Ocean Day.
Economic data was limited:
China's June House Prices -4.9% year-over-year (prior -5.7%)
Hong Kong's June Unemployment Rate held at 3.2% (consensus 3.3%)
In news:
China's House Prices report showed a divergence with top-tier cities seeing strong demand while 34 smaller cities registered dropping prices.

Major European indices trade higher across the board. UK's FTSE +0.3%, France's CAC +0.8%, and Germany's DAX +1.0%. Elsewhere, Spain's IBEX +0.7% and Italy's MIB +1.6%
In economic data:
Eurozone May Current Account surplus narrowed to EUR18.00 billion from EUR24.00 billion (expected surplus of EUR23.10 billion)
Germany's June PPI -0.1% month-over-month (expected 0.1%; prior 0.0%); -1.4% year-over-year (consensus -1.3%; last -1.3%)
Spain's trade deficit narrowed to EUR1.66 billion from EUR2.25 billion (expected deficit of EUR2.00 billion)
Among news of note:
Greek banks have reopened today, but withdrawal restrictions remain in place for the time being

5:49 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +1.20. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +1.40.

5:49 am: [BRIEFING.COM] Nikkei...Holiday......... Hang Seng...25404.81...-10.50...0.00%.

5:49 am: [BRIEFING.COM] FTSE...6809.46...+34.40...+0.50%. DAX...11782.55...+108.60...+0.90%.

Special thanks to Bloomberg, Briefing, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance for their market summaries. gm

Best Regards,
M.A. Perry
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
Image@ http://twitter.com/wrbtrader Image@ http://stocktwits.com/wrbtrader

http://www.thestrategylab.com
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
Skype Messenger: kebec2002
wrbanalysis@gmail.com
Go Back To TheStrategyLab.com Homepage