TheStrategyLab.com Price Action Trading Support Forum

Forum for price action traders that want to learn WRB Analysis basic tutorial chapters 1, 2 and 3 prior to purchasing our advance trade methods. Hashtags: #wrbanalysis #wrbzone #wrbhiddengap #priceaction #trading
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: July 13th Monday Trade Results - Profit $312.50
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:39 am 
Site Admin

Trade Results of M.A. Perry
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
Price Action Trading (no technical indicators)
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
Free Chat Room: http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164
Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
wrbanalysis@gmail.com (24/7)
http://twitter.com/wrbtrader (24/7)

Attachment:
071315-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-PnL-Blotter-Profit+312.50.png
071315-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-PnL-Blotter-Profit+312.50.png [ 93.67 KiB | Viewed 351 times ]

click on the above image to view today's performance verification
The above trading session was actually a losing trading day because of commissions and fees that are not shown in that particular statement window.

Price Action Trade Performance for Today: Emini TF ($TF_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Emini ES ($ES_F) futures @ $312.50 dollars or +6.25 points, Light Crude Oil CL ($CL_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Gold GC ($GC_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points and EuroFX 6E ($6E_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.0000 ticks. Total Profit @ $312.50 dollars

Russell 2000 Emini TF Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ The ICE
S&P 500 Emini ES Futures: 1 tick or 0.25 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Light Crude Oil CL (WTI) Futures: 1 tick or 0.01 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Gold GC Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
EuroFX 6E Futures: 1 tick or 0.0001 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup

Trade Log: All of my trades were posted real-time in the timestamp ##TheStrategyLab free chat room. You can read today's price action trading information about my trades (e.g. time, price entry, contract size, price exit) as the trade traversed to its completion. Also, sometimes I'll post real-time trading tips in ##TheStrategyLab chat room involving WRBs, WRB Hidden GAPs, Key Market Events (KME), Tutorial Chapters 2 & 3, WRB Zones, Reaction Highs/Lows, Contracting Volatility or Expanding Volatility. Its all archived @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/ftchat/forum/viewtopic.php?f=145&t=2121

Quote:
All of my real-time posted trades involves price action concepts from the WRB Analysis free study guide, Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 4 - 12 and the Volatility Trading Report (VTR) trade signal strategies. Analysis -----> Trade Signals

Also, posted below are direct links to information about my price action trade methodology and trading plan (there's a difference between the two) that enables me to identify key trading areas in the price action that represent changes in supply/demand and volatility along with being able to exploit these changes via WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis). I'm primarily a day trader because it suits my personal lifestyle but I do occasionally swing trade and position trade. Simply, my trade method is applicable for position trading, swing trading and day trading.

Image ##TheStrategyLab Chat Room is free. Members and I use the chat room to post WRB Analysis commentary, real-time trades and to post anything else related to trading. The chat room helps me tremendously in my own trading because I use it to document (journal) general volatility analysis involving WRB Analysis so that I can easily review at a later date my thoughts as I interacted with the markets...info I can not get from my broker statements. Also, this is not a signal calling chat room where a head trader tells you when to buy or sell and I do not have the time/energy/resources to manage a signal calling chat room. Access instructions for chat room @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164

Image Price Action Analysis via Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/WRBAnalysisTutorials.htm and there's a free study guide of the WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1, 2 and 3 @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=718

Analysis -----> Trade Signals

Image Trade Signal Strategies via Volatility Trading Report (VTR) @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/VolatilityTrading.htm and there's a free trade signal strategy @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=89 so that you can freely test drive one of our price action trade strategies with support (answering your questions) prior to purchasing the Volatility Trading Report (VTR). All WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1 - 12 are included in the purchase of the Volatility Trading Report (VTR).

Image Trading Plan Daily Routine @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=267&t=2814 contains brief information about trading plan, market context, brokers, trading time frames, position size management and other discussions.

-----------------------------

Market Context Summaries

The below summaries by Bloomberg, Briefing, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance helps me to do a quick review of the fundamentals, FED/ECB/BOE/IMF actions or any important global economic events (e.g. Eurozone, MarketWatch.com) that had an impact on today's price action in many trading instruments I monitor during the trading day. Simply, I'm a strong believer that key market events causes key changes in supply/demand and volatility resulting in trade opportunities (swing points and strong continuation price actions) that reach profit targets. Thus, I pay attention to these key market events, intermarket analysis (e.g. Forex EurUsd, EuroFX 6E futures, Gold GC futures, Light Crude Oil (WTI) CL & Brent Oil futures, Eurex DAX futures, Euronext FTSE100 futures, Emini ES futures, Emini TF futures, Treasury ZB futures and U.S. Dollar Index futures) while using WRB Analysis from one trade to the next trade to give me the market context for price action trading before the appearance of my technical analysis trade signals. Therefore, I maintain these archives to allow me to understand what was happening on any given trading day in the past involving key market events to help better understand my trade decisions (day trading, swing trading, position trading)...something I can not get from my broker statements alone. Further, most financial websites remove (delete) their archives after a few years to make room for new content. Therefore, I maintain my own archives of the news content so that I have it available for me when financial websites no longer archives their content.

Attachment:
071315-Key-Price-Action-Markets.png
071315-Key-Price-Action-Markets.png [ 1.11 MiB | Viewed 395 times ]

click on the above image to view today's price action of key markets

4:10 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] The stock market began the trading week on an upbeat note with the S&P 500 registering the bulk of its 23-point gain shortly after the opening bell. The benchmark index padded that advance during the final hour, settling just below its 50-day moving average (2,100).

Equity indices spiked at the start after lengthy weekend negotiations between Greek representatives and eurozone officials produced a framework for the third rescue package for Greece. The agreement, which includes EUR25 billion in bank recapitalization funds, was cheered by global equity markets, but it is worth noting that the full bailout will be discussed once the country's government passes a series of reforms on Wednesday. The far-reaching concessions will require Greece to streamline value-added taxes, broaden its tax base to increase revenue, curtail pension costs, and privatize public assets worth as much as 50 billion euros.

Global risk assets surged in reaction to the developments while outflows from the Treasury market weighed on the 10-yr note, sending its yield higher by three basis points to 2.43% after testing the 2.47% level in the early morning.

Interestingly, the euro only saw a brief spike that was followed by heavy selling with the single currency sliding 1.4% against the dollar to 1.1000. As a result, the Dollar Index (96.82, +0.80) climbed 0.8%, erasing last week's decline.

All ten sectors ended in the green with five groups adding 1.0% or more. Heavily-weighted sectors fueled today's advance with the technology sector (+1.6%) holding the lead throughout the session. Large-cap sector components like Apple (AAPL 125.66, +2.38), Facebook (FB 90.10, +2.15), Google (GOOGL 571.73, +15.62), and Microsoft (MSFT 45.53, +0.92) spiked between 1.9% and 2.8% while Seagate (STX 46.28, +0.33) advanced 0.7% despite lowering its Q4 revenue and gross margin guidance. As for chipmakers, the high-beta group struggled to keep pace with the sector, but the PHLX Semiconductor Index still added 0.8%.

Elsewhere among influential groups, the consumer discretionary sector (+1.5%) finished right behind technology while financials (+1.1%) and industrials (+1.0%) ended near the broader market. Also of note, the health care sector (+0.8%) finished behind the broader market, which masked relative strength in biotechnology, evidenced by a 1.6% gain in iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 378.89, +6.09).

Similar to health care, telecom services (+0.6%) and utilities (unch) underperformed while the consumer staples sector (+1.0%) settled just behind the S&P 500. Thanks to today's gain, the staples sector is now up 4.2% for the month, trading well ahead of the remaining nine groups.

Today's participation was comparable to recent totals as more than 730 million shares changed hands at the NYSE floor.

Economic data was limited to the Treasury Budget statement for June, which showed a surplus of $51.80 billion while the Briefing.com consensus expected a surplus of $51.00 billion. The Treasury data are not seasonally adjusted, so the June surplus cannot be compared to the $82.40 billion deficit recorded in May.

Tomorrow, June Retail Sales (Briefing.com consensus 0.3%) and Import/Export Prices for June will be released at 8:30 ET while the Business Inventories report for May will be reported at 10:00 ET (consensus 0.2%).

Nasdaq Composite +7.1% YTD
Russell 2000 +5.1% YTD
S&P 500 +2.0% YTD
Dow Jones Industrial Average +0.9% YTD

3:45 pm: [BRIEFING.COM]

WTI rallied in mid-morning trade, briefly moving back above $53
However, in the last two hours of trade, WTI oil prices slid lower and moved back around the $52/barrel area
Aug crude oil closed $0.59 lower to $52.18/barrel
Aug natural gas fell $0.09 to $2.86/MMBtu
Gold, silver and copper futures traded mostly flat/modestly lower today
Aug gold ended $2.80 lower to $1155.60/oz, while Sept silver fell $0.04 to $15.45/oz
Sept copper ended flat today at $2.54/lb

2:55 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] The S&P 500 trades higher by 0.9% with one hour remaining in the session. The benchmark index notched its session high during the opening hour before spending the remainder of the trading day inside a narrow range. To that point, the index has bounced between 2,093 and 2,098 since this morning.

It is worth noting that the S&P 500 marked its session high right between its 50-day (2,100) and 100-day (2,095) moving averages before spending the bulk of the afternoon right above the 100-day average.

Elsewhere, Treasuries have slipped from their afternoon highs, returning into the middle of their trading ranges with the 10-yr yield up three basis points at 2.43%.

2:30 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] The major averages remain near their best levels of the day.

We look to tomorrow's retail sales report.

Retail sales increased 1.2% in May after increasing 0.2% in April. The Briefing.com Consensus expects retail sales increased 0.3% in June.

Sales at motor vehicle and parts dealers, which increased 2.0% in April, are expected to drag on the overall retail sector in June. Motor vehicle manufacturers reported only 17.2 mln SAAR vehicle sold in June. That was down from 17.8 mln SAAR in May.

Excluding autos, retail sales increased 1.0% in May after increasing 0.1% in April. The consensus expects these sales increased 0.5% in June.

Much of the demand growth in May was due to a combination of strong aggregate income growth (0.5%) and a willingness by consumers to lower their personal savings rate.

According to the June employment report, aggregate income increased only 0.2%. That is not enough to keep retail sales growth from decelerating unless the personal savings rate drops dramatically.

While the decline in the savings rate in May was a nice surprise following several months of increased savings, it is unclear if that drop was a one-month event. If the savings rate perks back up in June, retail sales excluding autos likely declined on a month-over-month basis.

2:00 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] The S&P 500 remains higher by 0.9% as the quiet afternoon continues.

The Treasury Budget statement for June was just released and it showed a surplus of $51.80 billion (Briefing.com consensus $51.00 billion). The Treasury data are not seasonally adjusted, so the June surplus cannot be compared to the $82.40 billion deficit recorded in May.

1:35 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] The major indices have continued their gradual climb towards earlier session highs, gaining slightly since our last update.

A look inside the Dow Jones Industrial Average shows Caterpillar (CAT 83.77, +1.62), Microsoft (MSFT 45.47, +0.86), and Apple (AAPL 125.54, +2.26) are outperforming. Caterpillar and Microsoft are strong amid general strength in their respective sectors, which are showing some of the largest gains in today's session. Helping add to the gains, Microsoft this morning confirmed it would launch its flagship Windows 10 operating system on July 29. For Apple, an upgrade to Buy from Hold at Societe Generale is helping add buying pressure at the start of the week.

Conversely, Merck & Co (MRK 57.85, -0.10) is the worst-performing Dow component.

With today's rally, the DJIA is up 1.8% in July.

12:55 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] The major averages hold solid midday gains with the S&P 500 (+0.8%) trading a little behind the Nasdaq Composite (+1.2%).

Stocks charged out of the gate after lengthy weekend negotiations between Greek representatives and eurozone officials produced a framework for a third rescue package for Greece. The agreement was cheered by global equity markets, but it is worth noting that the full bailout will be discussed once the country's government passes a series of reforms on Wednesday, July 15.

Global risk assets have spiked in reaction to the weekend developments while outflows from the Treasury market have sent the benchmark 10-yr yield higher by two basis points to 2.42% after testing the 2.47% level in the early morning.

Nine sectors hold midday gains while the rate-sensitive utilities space (-0.5%) has retreated amid today's increase in Treasury yields. Despite today's downtick, the countercyclical sector remains higher by 3.2% for the month versus a 1.5% month-to-date gain for the S&P 500.

Elsewhere among countercyclical groups, the consumer staples sector (+0.8%) trades right behind the broader market while health care (+0.5%) has struggled to keep pace even though biotechnology outperforms with iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 379.71, +6.91) trading higher by 1.9%.

The relative strength in the biotech group has helped the Nasdaq stay ahead of the broader market. In addition, the Nasdaq has drawn strength from large cap tech names like Apple (AAPL 125.28, +2.00), Google (GOOGL 566.81, +10.70), and Microsoft (MSFT 45.51, +0.90) while high-beta chipmakers underperform with the PHLX Semiconductor Index trading higher by 0.4%.

Investors will begin receiving quarterly earnings from technology companies as the week goes on, but Seagate (STX 46.33, +0.38) has climbed 0.8% today despite lowering its Q4 revenue and gross margin guidance. Meanwhile, peer Western Digital (WDC 77.28, +0.18) has added 0.2%.

There was no economic data reported this morning, but the Treasury Budget for June (Briefing.com consensus $51.00 billion) will be released at 14:00 ET.

12:25 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] The major averages continue drifting just below their highs. The S&P 500 jumped 18 points at the start of the session and has essentially held its ground since then. The index remains supported by most sectors as the six cyclical groups display gains between 0.6% (energy) and 1.3% (technology).

The top-weighted technology sector holds the lead even though high-beta chipmakers have retreated from their highs with the PHLX Semiconductor Index narrowing its gain to 0.4%.

Elsewhere, Treasuries have continued their slow climb off early morning lows. The 10-yr note remains in the red, but its yield is now up just two basis points at 2.42% after hitting 2.47% earlier.
Related Quotes

11:55 am: [BRIEFING.COM] The stock market continues hovering in a narrow range just below its session high. The Nasdaq (+1.3%) remains in the lead while the Dow (+1.1%) and S&P 500 (+0.9%) follow right behind.

Nine sectors trade with gains while the countercyclical utilities space (-0.2%) has been pressured by today's increase in yields. That being said, the sector has shown relative strength so far in July, holding a 3.5% gain for the month. Only one other sector-consumer staples-has had a better showing so far in July, trading higher by 4.1% since the end of last month.

Elsewhere, the Dollar Index (96.68, +0.66) trades higher by 0.7% after marking a new session best within the past hour.

11:25 am: [BRIEFING.COM] Not much change in the market with the key indices drifting near their session highs that were notched during the opening hour.

Cyclical sectors have shown relative strength since the start with the leading group-consumer discretionary-extending its advance to 1.2%. The growth-sensitive sector has received support from retailers with the SPDR S&P Retail ETF (XRT 100.93, +0.97) trading higher by 1.0%. Meanwhile, high-beta components like Amazon.com (AMZN 452.98, +9.47), Netflix (NFLX 707.73, +27.13), and Priceline (PCLN 1168.96, +25.77) hold gains between 2.0% and 4.0%.

Including today's advance, the discretionary sector is now up 2.7% since the end of June versus a 1.5% gain for the S&P 500.

10:55 am: [BRIEFING.COM] Equity indices remain near their early highs with the S&P 500 (+0.9%) holding a 19-point gain.

Nine sectors continue trading in the green while the utilities sector (-0.2%) has turned negative amid today's increase in market rates. Similarly, the telecom services sector (+0.6%) also trades behind the broader market while health care (+0.8%) and consumer staples (+1.0%) hover near the broader market. Notably, the health care sector has received support from biotechnology, evidenced by a 1.7% increase in iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 379.02, +6.22).

In addition to boosting the health care space, biotechnology has helped the Nasdaq Composite (+1.2%) stay ahead of the broader market.

10:40 am: [BRIEFING.COM]

The dollar index is trading higher today, about 0.6% higher currently, which is weighing on commodity prices
Separately, crude oil prices are also being driven by two other notable catalysts today:
News that an Iran nuclear deal will be completed today
OPEC's monthly report (demand forecast for 2015 was increased)
Aug crude oil is currently trading -0.6% at $52.45/barrel
Aug natural gas futures are showing some notable strength and are currently +2.9% at $2.85/MMBtu
Precious metals are in the red this morning, while copper is flat/modestly higher
Aug gold is now -0.4% at $1152.80/oz, while Sept silver is -0.7% at $15.38/oz
Sept copper is +0.2% at $2.54/lb

9:55 am: [BRIEFING.COM] The major averages have added to their opening gains with the Nasdaq Composite (+1.1%) trading ahead of the S&P 500 (+0.9%).

The technology sector (+1.2%) remains among the leaders, masking relative weakness in the shares of Seagate (STX 44.87, -1.09) after the company lowered its Q4 revenue and gross margin guidance. Seagate has given up 2.4% while peer Western Digital (WDC 76.37, -0.73) trades down 1.0%. Staying in the tech sector, high-beta chipmakers trade a bit behind the broader market with the PHLX Semiconductor Index trading higher by 0.7%.

Elsewhere, Treasuries remain near their recent levels with the 10-yr yield up four basis points at 2.44%.

9:40 am: [BRIEFING.COM] As expected, the major averages charged out of the gate amid broad strength. The S&P 500 trades higher by 0.8% with all ten sectors showing early gains.

Overall, three of six cyclical sectors trade ahead of the benchmark index with consumer discretionary (+1.1%), technology (+0.9%), and financials (+1.0%) setting the pace. Meanwhile, energy (+0.3%) and utilities (+0.3%) sit behind the remaining eight sectors with the energy sector pressured by crude oil, which has slumped 1.7% to $51.86/bbl.

As for utilities, the rate-sensitive sector trails the broader market amid today's increase in Treasury yields (10-yr +5 bps to 2.45%).

9:10 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +13.80. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +33.10. The stock market is on track to register solid gains at the open as S&P 500 futures trade 14 points above fair value following a night that featured a marathon negotiating session between Greece and eurozone leaders. The lengthy talks produced a framework for a third rescue package for Greece, but the full bailout will be discussed once the country's government passes a series of reforms by July 15.

With risk assets on the rise, U.S. Treasuries have retreated with the 10-yr yield climbing five basis points to 2.45%.

This morning has been very quiet on the corporate front, but Ascena Retail Group (ASNA 14.50, -1.87) has given up 11.4% in pre-market after lowering its earnings guidance from continuing operations. On the flip side, MarkWest Energy Partners (MWE 68.27, +8.52) has spiked 14.3% after the company agreed to be acquired by MPLX (MPLX 62.70, -6.35) for $78.64/share.

Today's economic data will be limited to the Treasury Budget for June (Briefing.com consensus $51.00 billion), which will be released at 14:00 ET.

8:56 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +13.20. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +30.80. The S&P 500 futures trade 13 points above fair value.

Markets across the Asia-Pacific region were mostly higher on Monday, aided by some better than expected trade data out of China and optimism surrounding the potential for a Greek deal. China's Shanghai Composite led the brigade, gaining 2.4%, which left it up a tidy 13.2% over the last three sessions.

In economic data:
China's June Trade Balance $46.54 bln (expected $55.70 bln; prior $59.49 bln) as Exports +2.8% year-over-year (expected -0.2%; prior -2.5%) and Imports -6.1% (expected -15.0%; prior -17.6%)
Japan's May Industrial Production -2.1% month-over-month (expected -2.1%; prior -2.2%) while May Capacity Utilization -3.0% month-over-month (prior -0.4%)

------

Japan's Nikkei increased 1.6% and ended near its highs for the day. Broad-based gains were led by the consumer non-cyclical (+2.2%), financial (+1.9%), and industrial (+1.8%) sectors. Individual standouts included Nicherei Corp (+5.4%), West Japan Railway (+5.3%), and Isetan Mitsukoshi Holdings (+5.0%). JGC Corp (-2.3%) and Eisai Co (-2.3%) were the worst-performing issues. Out of the 225 index members, 205 ended higher, 16 finished lower, and 4 were unchanged.
Hong Kong's Hang Seng jumped 1.3% and also ended near its highs for the day. Leading gainers included the consumer cyclical (+3.5%), utilities (+1.5%), and diversified (+1.5%) sectors. Sands China (+4.7%), Hang Lung Properties (+4.6%), and China Resources Power Holdings (+4.6%) paced the winners while CITIC (-0.4%), China Petroleum & Chemical (-0.3%), and China Mobile (-0.1%) were the only stocks to register declines for the day. Out of the 50 index members, 46 ended higher, 3 finished lower, and 1 was unchanged.
China's Shanghai Composite continued its rebound effort, gaining 2.4% in Monday's trade. The Composite was up as much as 3.9% intraday, which took it over the 4,000 level again, yet afternoon selling activity pared some of the gains. Including today's action, the Shanghai Composite has risen 13.2% in the last three sessions. Leading sectors in the CSI 300 Index on Monday included the technology (+9.8%), diversified (+7.1%), and industrial (+6.9%) sectors.

Major European indices trade higher across the board with France's CAC (+1.7%) in the lead. Regional markets have charged higher after marathon negotiations between Greece and European heads of state reportedly produced a basis for a third bailout package for Greece. The agreement is expected to include EUR25 billion for the recapitalization of Greek banks, but the country will be required to pass a series of reforms by July 15 in order to continue negotiating the full bailout.

Investors did not receive any economic data today

------

UK's FTSE is higher by 0.7% with consumer names in the lead. Kingfisher, WM Morrison Supermarkets, International Consolidated Airlines, and Tesco show gains between 1.7% and 2.8%.
Germany's DAX trades up 1.2% with financials in the lead. Commerzbank, Deutsche Bank, and Deutsche Boerse are up between 1.9% and 3.8%. On the downside, exporters BMW and Continental lag with losses close to 0.5% apiece.
In France, the CAC has climbed 1.7% with all 40 components taking part in the advance. Vivendi is the top performer, up 3.9%, while bank shares like BNP Paribas, Credit Agricole, and Societe Generale are up between 2.2% and 2.9%.

8:26 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +12.90. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +31.20. U.S. equity futures remain near their pre-market highs while Treasuries have ticked up off their lows with the 10-yr yield now higher by four basis points at 2.45%.

Elsewhere, the Dollar Index (96.54, +0.52) has climbed 0.5%, essentially reclaiming its entire loss from the prior week. The greenback has rallied 1.0% against the euro, dropping the single currency to 1.1045, while the dollar/yen pair has climbed 0.5% to 123.35.

7:56 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +14.20. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +31.70. U.S. equity futures hold solid pre-market gains with S&P 500 futures trading 14 points above fair value. Index futures jumped overnight after marathon negotiations between Greece and European heads of state reportedly produced a basis for a third bailout package for Greece.

U.S. Treasuries have retreated with the 10-yr yield climbing seven basis points to 2.47%.

Today's data will be limited to the 14:00 ET release of the Treasury Budget for June (Briefing.com consensus $51.00 billion).

In U.S. corporate news of note:

Ascena Retail Group (ASNA 14.83, -1.54): -9.4% after the company lowered its earnings guidance from continuing operations.
Edwards Lifesciences (EW 152.07, +4.91): +3.3% after the stock was upgraded to 'Outperform' at RBC Capital Markets and Northland Capital.
Pioneer Natural Resources (PXD 137.69, +3.23): +2.4% in reaction to a Morgan Stanley upgrade to 'Overweight' from 'Equal-Weight.'

Reviewing overnight developments:

Asian markets ended higher. China's Shanghai Composite +2.4%, Japan's Nikkei +1.6%, and Hong Kong's Hang Seng +1.3%
In economic data:
China's June Trade Balance $46.54 bln (expected $55.70 bln; prior $59.49 bln) as Exports +2.8% year-over-year (expected -0.2%; prior -2.5%) and Imports -6.1% (expected -15.0%; prior -17.6%)
Japan's May Industrial Production -2.1% month-over-month (expected -2.1%; prior -2.2%) while May Capacity Utilization -3.0% month-over-month (prior -0.4%)
In news:
The advance in China was fueled by the first increase in margin trading in more than two weeks as more than 200 companies lifted their trading halts

Major European indices trade higher across the board. UK's FTSE +0.8%, Germany's DAX +1.4%, and France's CAC +2.0%. Elsewhere, Italy's MIB +1.4% and Spain's IBEX +1.5%
Investors did not receive any noteworthy data today
Among news of note:
The agreement between Greece and its creditors will include EUR25 billion for the recapitalization of Greek banks, but the country will be required to pass a series of strict reforms this week in order to continue negotiating the third bailout

5:51 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +17.70. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +38.60.

5:51 am: [BRIEFING.COM] Nikkei...20089.77...+309.90...+1.60%. Hang Seng...25224.01...+322.70...+1.30%.

5:51 am: [BRIEFING.COM] FTSE...6715.11...+41.70...+0.60%. DAX...11481.85...+164.80...+1.50%.

Special thanks to Bloomberg, Briefing, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance for their market summaries. gm

Best Regards,
M.A. Perry
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
Image@ http://twitter.com/wrbtrader Image@ http://stocktwits.com/wrbtrader

http://www.thestrategylab.com
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
Skype Messenger: kebec2002
wrbanalysis@gmail.com
Go Back To TheStrategyLab.com Homepage