TheStrategyLab.com Price Action Trading Support Forum

Forum for price action traders that want to learn WRB Analysis basic tutorial chapters 1, 2 and 3 prior to purchasing our advance trade methods. Hashtags: #wrbanalysis #wrbzone #wrbhiddengap #priceaction #trading
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: July 6th Monday Trade Results - Profit $3185.00
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:34 pm 
Site Admin

Trade Results of M.A. Perry
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
Price Action Trading (no technical indicators)
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
Free Chat Room: http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164
Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
wrbanalysis@gmail.com (24/7)
http://twitter.com/wrbtrader (24/7)

Attachment:
070615-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-PnL-Blotter-Profit+3185.00.png
070615-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-PnL-Blotter-Profit+3185.00.png [ 94.07 KiB | Viewed 283 times ]

click on the above image to view today's performance verification

Price Action Trade Performance for Today: Emini TF ($TF_F) futures @ $810.00 dollars or +8.10 points, Emini ES ($ES_F) futures @ $2,375.00 dollars or +47.50 points, Light Crude Oil CL ($CL_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Gold GC ($GC_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points and EuroFX 6E ($6E_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.0000 ticks. Total Profit @ $3,185.00 dollars

Russell 2000 Emini TF Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ The ICE
S&P 500 Emini ES Futures: 1 tick or 0.25 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Light Crude Oil CL (WTI) Futures: 1 tick or 0.01 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Gold GC Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
EuroFX 6E Futures: 1 tick or 0.0001 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup

Trade Log: All of my trades were posted real-time in the timestamp ##TheStrategyLab free chat room. You can read today's price action trading information about my trades (e.g. time, price entry, contract size, price exit) as the trade traversed to its completion. Also, sometimes I'll post real-time trading tips in ##TheStrategyLab chat room involving WRBs, WRB Hidden GAPs, Key Market Events (KME), Tutorial Chapters 2 & 3, WRB Zones, Reaction Highs/Lows, Contracting Volatility or Expanding Volatility. Its all archived @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/ftchat/forum/viewtopic.php?f=145&t=2116

Quote:
All of my real-time posted trades involves price action concepts from the WRB Analysis free study guide, Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 4 - 12 and the Volatility Trading Report (VTR) trade signal strategies. Analysis -----> Trade Signals

Also, posted below are direct links to information about my price action trade methodology and trading plan (there's a difference between the two) that enables me to identify key trading areas in the price action that represent changes in supply/demand and volatility along with being able to exploit these changes via WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis). I'm primarily a day trader because it suits my personal lifestyle but I do occasionally swing trade and position trade. Simply, my trade method is applicable for position trading, swing trading and day trading.

Image ##TheStrategyLab Chat Room is free. Members and I use the chat room to post WRB Analysis commentary, real-time trades and to post anything else related to trading. The chat room helps me tremendously in my own trading because I use it to document (journal) general volatility analysis involving WRB Analysis so that I can easily review at a later date my thoughts as I interacted with the markets...info I can not get from my broker statements. Also, this is not a signal calling chat room where a head trader tells you when to buy or sell and I do not have the time/energy/resources to manage a signal calling chat room. Access instructions for chat room @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164

Image Price Action Analysis via Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/WRBAnalysisTutorials.htm and there's a free study guide of the WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1, 2 and 3 @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=718

Analysis -----> Trade Signals

Image Trade Signal Strategies via Volatility Trading Report (VTR) @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/VolatilityTrading.htm and there's a free trade signal strategy @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=89 so that you can freely test drive one of our price action trade strategies with support (answering your questions) prior to purchasing the Volatility Trading Report (VTR). All WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1 - 12 are included in the purchase of the Volatility Trading Report (VTR).

Image Trading Plan Daily Routine @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=267&t=2814 contains brief information about trading plan, market context, brokers, trading time frames, position size management and other discussions.

-----------------------------

Market Context Summaries

The below summaries by Bloomberg, Briefing, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance helps me to do a quick review of the fundamentals, FED/ECB/BOE/IMF actions or any important global economic events (e.g. Eurozone, MarketWatch.com) that had an impact on today's price action in many trading instruments I monitor during the trading day. Simply, I'm a strong believer that key market events causes key changes in supply/demand and volatility resulting in trade opportunities (swing points and strong continuation price actions) that reach profit targets. Thus, I pay attention to these key market events, intermarket analysis (e.g. Forex EurUsd, EuroFX 6E futures, Gold GC futures, Light Crude Oil (WTI) CL & Brent Oil futures, Eurex DAX futures, Euronext FTSE100 futures, Emini ES futures, Emini TF futures, Treasury ZB futures and U.S. Dollar Index futures) while using WRB Analysis from one trade to the next trade to give me the market context for price action trading before the appearance of my technical analysis trade signals. Therefore, I maintain these archives to allow me to understand what was happening on any given trading day in the past involving key market events to help better understand my trade decisions (day trading, swing trading, position trading)...something I can not get from my broker statements alone. Further, most financial websites remove (delete) their archives after a few years to make room for new content. Therefore, I maintain my own archives of the news content so that I have it available for me when financial websites no longer archives their content.

Attachment:
070615-Key-Price-Action-Markets.png
070615-Key-Price-Action-Markets.png [ 1.16 MiB | Viewed 314 times ]

click on the above image to view today's price action of key markets

4:15 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] Monday was a busy day for equities across the globe, beginning with an overnight slide in the futures market after the Greek referendum produced 61.3% 'no' votes, rejecting the bailout terms previously proposed by eurozone creditors. The results of the referendum allowed Greece's Syriza party to stay in power, but Finance Minister Yanis Varoufakis stepped down with Oxford-educated Euclid Tsakalotos assuming Mr. Varoufakis' place.

With the referendum in the rear-view mirror, the focus now shifts to July 20, when Greece will have to make a EUR3.50 billion payment to the European Central Bank. Meanwhile, the European Central Bank adjusted haircuts on Greek collateral for Emergency Liquidity Assistance, but the details were not revealed in the press release. The continued uncertainty about Greece's future in the eurozone pressured European markets with Germany's DAX and Italy's MIB losing 1.5% and 4.0%, respectively.

Domestically, the S&P 500 (-0.4%) began the session just above its 200-day moving average (2,055), but an aggressive bid lifted the index back to its flat line about an hour after the opening bell. However, that rebound was short-lived, fading into the afternoon.

Nine of ten sectors ended the day in negative territory with the energy sector (-1.3%) spending the day behind other cyclical groups. The growth-sensitive group finished among the laggards while crude oil plunged into the pit close, settling lower by 7.8% at $52.48/bbl.

Elsewhere among cyclical sectors, financials (-0.4%) and technology (-0.4%) spent the day in negative territory, which kept the market under pressure. High-beta chipmakers contributed to the losses in technology with the PHLX Semiconductor Index falling 1.6% as 28 of its 30 components registered losses while Altera (ALTR 51.40, +0.06) eked out a slight gain while Qualcomm (QCOM 63.11, 0.00) ended flat.

Things looked a bit better on the countercyclical side with consumer staples (-0.1%) and utilities (+0.4%) ending ahead of the broader market while the telecom services sector (-1.1%) struggled. For its part, health care (unch) finished ahead of the broader market after biotechnology displayed some intraday strength. The iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 372.36, +2.01) advanced 0.5% after being up 1.5%.

Today's session was relatively quiet on the corporate front, but Humana (HUM 188.96, +1.46) rose 0.8% after agreeing to be acquired by Aetna (AET 117.43, -8.08) as part of a transaction valued at $230/share.

Treasuries held gains throughout the day, settling not far below their overnight highs with the 10-yr yield down nine basis points at 2.29%. Monday's trading volume surpassed recent averages with more than 910 million shares changing hands at the NYSE floor.

Although today's main focus was on Greece, it is also worth noting that China's Shanghai Composite gained 2.4%, but that was after the index opened with an 8.0% advance in reaction to news that the People's Bank of China extended a lifeline to equity brokers through China Finance Securities in an attempt to stem the recent slide.

Economic data was limited to the June ISM Services Index, which increased to 56.0 in June from 55.7 in May while the Briefing.com consensus expected the index an increase to 56.3. Business activities accelerated as the related index increased to 61.5 in June from 59.5 in May.

Tomorrow, May Trade Balance (Briefing.com consensus -$42.00 billion) will be released at 8:30 ET while the May Job Openings and Labor Turnover Survey will cross the wires at 10:00 ET. The day's data will be topped off with the 15:00 ET release of the Consumer Credit report for May (consensus $17.60 billion).

Nasdaq Composite +5.1% YTD
Russell 2000 +3.4% YTD
S&P 500 +0.5% YTD
Dow Jones Industrial Average -0.8% YTD

3:40 pm: [BRIEFING.COM]

WTI crude oil, heating oil and RBOB futures all collapse following Greece/China concerns and ahead of the Iran nuclear deadline tomorrow
Aug crude oil futures shed 7.8% today to $52.48/barrel, heating oil futures dropped -7.1% and RBOB fell -5.1%
Aug natural gas futures, meanwhile, lost $0.06 to $2.76/MMBtu
Copper futures lost 3.4% today (or 9 cents) to $2.54/lb, which also got hit on Greece/China concerns
Precious metals gained today with Aug gold rising +$9.80 to $1173.20/oz and Sept silver climbing +$0.21 to $15.77/oz

2:55 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] The S&P 500 trades lower by 0.7% with one hour remaining in the session.

Equities began the day under pressure with the S&P 500 marking a session low just above its 200-day moving average (2,055). The index followed the lower open with a steady charge back to its flat line, but could only make a momentary appearance in the green before heading back towards its session low.

The intraday rebound attempt coincided with selling in the Treasury market, but Treasuries have returned to their highs as stocks slipped into the neighborhood of their lows. The 10-yr note sits just below its best level of the day with the benchmark yield down ten basis points at 2.28%.

2:30 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] Equity indices remain near their afternoon lows with the S&P 500 down 0.7%.

All ten sectors are now back in the red with energy (-1.3%) nearing its opening low. Meanwhile, top-weighted technology (-0.7%) and financials (-0.8%) trade essentially in-line with the broader market.

Elsewhere, the health care sector (-0.4%) held a slim gain at midday, but now trades in the red amid renewed selling in biotechnology. The iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 369.86, -0.49) is lower by 0.1% after being up about 1.5% at the start of the session.

On a separate note, the European Central Bank has adjusted haircuts on collateral for Emergency Liquidity Assistance, but the details are not known at this time.

1:55 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] The major averages continue holding the bulk of their losses.

The ISM Non-manufacturing Index came in a little below expectations, but there is nothing to worry about.

The ISM Non-manufacturing Index increased to 56.0 in June from 55.7 in May. The Briefing.com Consensus expected the index to increase to 56.3.

Business activities accelerated as the related index increased to 61.5 in June from 59.5 in May.

The orders data were strong, which should help keep production growth moving in the positive direction. The New Orders Index increased to 58.3 in June from 57.9 in May. The Backlog of Orders Index exited a contraction and increased to 50.5 from 48.5 in May.

1:30 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] The major indices have sold off on an uptick in volume since our last update.

A look inside the Dow Jones Industrial Average shows Intel (INTC 30.10, -0.46), General Electric (GE 26.38, -0.40), and Caterpillar (CAT 83.19, -1.19) are underperforming.

Conversely, Wal-Mart (WMT 72.23, +0.37) shares are outperforming amid relative strength in consumer staples, retail.

With today's 0.4% decline in the DJIA, it is now down 0.96% for the year.

1:00 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] The major averages hold modest midday losses after climbing off their opening lows. The S&P 500 remains lower by 0.3% after being down 0.9% at the start of the session.

The early weakness came about after the weekend referendum in Greece resulted in a 'no' vote as more than 61.0% of voters rejected the bailout conditions that were previously offered by eurozone creditors. The result allows Greece's Syriza party to remain in power, but Finance Minister Yanis Varoufakis has resigned from his position in hopes of introducing a fresh voice into the negotiations. That fresh voice will belong to Oxford-educated Euclid Tsakalotos, who is expected to be sworn in today.

However, the negotiations are unlikely to get much easier with the spokesman for German Chancellor Angela Merkel saying conditions are "not there at present to enter negotiations on a new programme." In the meantime, it was reported that Greek banks will remain closed through Wednesday.

European equities sold off today as the near-term future of the Eurozone remains in question. Meanwhile, U.S. stocks began the day with noteworthy losses, but dip-buyers have been active with the S&P 500 marking a session low roughly three points above its 200-day moving average.

Nine sectors remain in negative territory at this time with heavily-weighted technology (-0.4%) and financials (-0.5%) keeping the market under pressure. Macroeconomic uncertainty has kept a lid on the financial sector while high-beta chipmakers have contributed to the underperformance in technology. To that point, the PHLX Semiconductor Index is lower by 1.0%. That being said, large cap tech names have also retreated with Apple (AAPL 125.71, -0.73) and Microsoft (MSFT 44.24, -0.16) down 0.6% and 0.4%, respectively.

Also of note, the energy sector (-0.8%) was down as much as 1.5% at the start, but the group has narrowed its loss even though crude oil has recently hit a fresh session low, trading lower by 3.4% at $53.61/bbl.

On the upside, the health care sector (+0.1%) hovers just above its flat line thanks to relative strength in biotechnology. The iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 371.64, +1.29) has climbed 0.4%. Elsewhere in the sector, Humana (HUM 192.11, +4.61) has jumped 2.5% after agreeing to be acquired by Aetna (AET 117.41, -8.10) as part of a transaction valued at $230/share.

Treasuries have retreated from their highs, but they continue holding gains with the 10-yr yield down six basis points at 2.32%.

Today's economic data was limited to the June ISM Services Index, which increased to 56.0 in June from 55.7 in May while the Briefing.com consensus expected the index an increase to 56.3. Business activities accelerated as the related index increased to 61.5 in June from 59.5 in May.

12:25 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] Not much change in the market with the key indices holding modest losses after climbing off their opening lows.

Seven sectors remain in negative territory, but the energy sector, which was down near 1.5% at the start, has narrowed its decline to 0.5%. Interestingly, the sector has been able to erase about a third of its opening decline even though crude oil has returned into the neighborhood of its morning low. Currently, WTI crude is lower by 2.4% at $54.17/bbl.

Elsewhere among cyclical sectors, the consumer discretionary space hovers just above its flat line while technology (-0.4%) and financials (-0.3%) weigh.
Related Quotes

11:55 am: [BRIEFING.COM] Modest losses persist with the S&P 500 (-0.3%) and Nasdaq Composite (-0.3%) trading just ahead of the Dow Jones Industrial Average (-0.2%).

Relative strength in the health care sector helped the market climb off its early low, but the top-weighted countercyclical sector has backed away from its best level of the day and now trades flat while biotechnology continue showing strength with iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 372.05, +1.70) trading higher by 0.5%.

Elsewhere among high-beta groups, chipmakers lag with the PHLX Semiconductor Index trading lower by 0.7%.

11:25 am: [BRIEFING.COM] Equity indices have backed away from their recently-established highs as relative weakness in heavily-weighted groups like technology (-0.4%), financials (-0.5%), and industrials (-0.3%) overshadows modest gains in health care (+0.1%) and the two consumer sectors.

Meanwhile, markets across Europe are on track to end the day near their session lows. Germany's DAX has given up 1.4% while Italy's MIB has surrendered 3.7% with bank shares leading the slide amid uncertainty about the future of the Eurozone.

Also of note, Greece's outgoing Finance Minister Yanis Varoufakis is set to be replaced by Oxford-educated Euclid Tsakalotos, according to reports.

10:55 am: [BRIEFING.COM] Recent action saw the major averages return to their unchanged levels. The S&P 500 is now flat while the Nasdaq Composite (+0.1%) outperforms thanks to relative strength in biotechnology.

The iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 375.21, +4.86) trades higher by 1.3% while the broader health care sector (+0.5%) is the top-performing group at this juncture. Similarly, industrials (+0.2%) and consumer discretionary (+0.4%) trade ahead of the broader market while technology (-0.1%) and financials (-0.3%) continue showing relative weakness.

The recent rebound in equities has accompanied some selling in the Treasury market with the 10-yr yield now down four basis points at 2.34%.

10:35 am: [BRIEFING.COM]

On Sunday, Greek voters rejected creditors' reform proposal, which has added to the uncertainty of Greece's future in the Eurozone.
Meanwhile, in other news, in China, the Securities Association of China will introduce a $19 billion plan to stabilize financial markets.
This sent commodities lower in early Monday trade, led by energy futures including as oil, natural gas, heating oil and RBOB futures and well as copper futures.
Overall, the Bloomberg Commodity Index posted its largest one-day drop since February, and is now down 2.2%.
WTI oil futures fell to a 3-month low and in morning trade, the front-month August contract fell as low as $53.91/barrel and is currently -4.7% at $54.25/barrel.
Aug natural gas is currently -2% at $2.77/MMBtu.
In the metals space, copper futures are down on morning Greek/China news, with the red metal currently showing a loss of -3.5% at $2.54/lb
Aug gold is +0.2% at $1166.10/oz, while Sept silver is +0.3% at $15.62/oz.

10:00 am: [BRIEFING.COM] The S&P 500 trades lower by 0.5%.

Just reported, the ISM Services Index for June rose to 56.0 from 55.7 while the Briefing.com consensus expected an improvement to 56.3.

9:40 am: [BRIEFING.COM] As expected, the major averages began the trading day under pressure as investors respond to yesterday's 'no' vote in the Greek referendum on austerity.

The S&P 500 trades lower by 0.7% with nine of ten sectors trading in the red. The growth-sensitive energy sector (-1.5%) is the weakest performer in the early going as crude oil trades lower by 2.0% at $54.42/bbl. Elsewhere, the top-weighted technology sector trades in-line with the broader market while financials (-0.9%) lag.

Treasuries continue holding solid gains with the 10-yr yield down eight basis points at 2.30%.

The ISM Services Index for June (Briefing.com consensus 56.3) will be released at 10:00 ET.

9:12 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: -15.30. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -29.00. The stock market is on track for a lower open as S&P 500 futures trade 15 points below fair value. Index futures have climbed about X points off their lows, but they remain pressured after the weekend referendum in Greece produced a 'no' vote, rejecting the bailout terms previously proposed by eurozone creditors. The two sides have returned to square one and Greek Finance Minister Yanis Varoufakis has announced his resignation this morning in hopes of introducing a fresh voice into the negotiations. However, those negotiations are unlikely to get much easier with the spokesman for German Chancellor Angela Merkel saying conditions are "not there at present to enter negotiations on a new programme."

Similar to U.S. futures, European markets have climbed off their lows, but they remain in negative territory at this juncture.

Meanwhile, Treasuries hold solid gains with the 10-yr yield down seven basis points at 2.31%.

Today's economic data will be limited to the 10:00 ET release of the ISM Services Index for June (Briefing.com consensus 56.3).

8:55 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: -16.50. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -31.80. The S&P 500 futures trade 17 points below fair value.

Markets across Asia ended the Monday session on a mostly lower note. In China, the Shanghai Composite outperformed, gaining 2.4%, but that was after the index opened with an 8.0% advance in reaction to news that the People's Bank of China extended a lifeline to equity brokers through China Finance Securities.

In economic data:
Japan's May Leading Index ticked down to 106.2 from 106.4, as expected
Hong Kong's June Manufacturing PMI rose to 49.2 from 47.6
Australia's ANZ Job Advertisements rose 1.3% month-over-month (prior 0.1%) while June MI Inflation Gauge ticked up 0.1% (last 0.3%)

------

Japan's Nikkei declined 2.1% on broad-based weakness seen in all sectors. IT, Financials and Materials led the index lower, all down 3%. Utilities outperformed the broader market today, only down a little over 1%.
Hong Kong's Hang Seng fell 3.2%, putting the composite into correction territory. Galaxy Entertainment gave back some of the robust gains seen late last week, falling 3.3%. Tencent had a miserable day, outpacing losses to the tune of 5.5%.
China's Shanghai Composite managed to close up 2.4% on a day that saw an 8% range. Financials highlighted the session on the positive side, with the likes of Bank of Communications gaining 9.7% and China Minsheng Banking rising 6.4%.

Major European indices trade lower across the board with Italy's MIB (-3.1%) showing the largest decline. Despite early reports suggesting very close results in the Greek referendum, the 'no' camp came away with 61.3% of the vote. The rejection of previously offered bailout conditions allows Greece's Syriza party to remain in power, but Finance Minister Yanis Varoufakis has resigned from his position in hopes of introducing a fresh voice into the negotiations. The short-term focus now shifts to July 20, when Greece will have to make a EUR3.50 billion payment to the European Central Bank.

Economic data was limited:
Eurozone July Sentix Investor Confidence rose to 18.5 from 17.1 (consensus 15.0) while Retail PMI ticked down to 50.4 from 51.4
Germany's May Factory Orders +0.2% month-over-month (expected -0.4%; prior 2.2%)
Spain's May Industrial Production +3.4% year-over-year (consensus 2.6%; last 1.7%)
Swiss June CPI +0.1% month-over-month (expected -0.1%; prior 0.2%)

------

UK's FTSE is lower by 0.6% with industrials and miners under pressure. Rolls-Royce has tumbled 7.0% after lowering its guidance while Anglo American, Antofagasta, BHP Billiton, and Glencore Xstrata are down between 1.8% and 2.1%.
Germany's DAX trades down 1.5% with all but one component in the red. Financials Commerzbank and Deutsche Bank are both down near 3.7% while Deutsche Post outperforms with a gain of 3.0%.
In France, the CAC has given up 1.8% with BNP Paribas, Credit Agricole, and Societe Generale leading the decline. The three financials are down between 3.2% and 3.9% while Alstom is the lone advancer, trading just above its flat line.
Italy's MIB underperforms with a 3.1% loss. Bank shares are on the defensive with BMPS, Banca di Milano Scarl, UBI Banca, Banco Popolare, Intesa Sanpaolo, and Unicredit down between 4.3% and 8.3%.

8:26 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: -16.00. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -30.30. U.S equity futures have backed away from their rebound highs with S&P 500 futures surrendering about five points over the past hour. Meanwhile, the Dollar Index (96.76, +0.38) is higher by 0.4% with the bulk of the dollar strength coming at the expense of the euro, which has given up 1.0%, trading at 1.1005 against the greenback. Elsewhere among major currencies, both the pound and yen are little changed against the dollar.

On the commodity side, gold futures have given up 0.4%, sliding to $1,163.60/ozt while crude oil has slumped 1.6%, falling to $54.62/bbl.

Also of note, Treasuries have been inching down from their highs with the 10-yr yield down seven basis points at 2.31%.

7:57 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: -17.80. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -36.10. U.S. equity futures trade in negative territory after a weekend that featured a referendum in Greece. Despite early reports suggesting very close results, the 'no' camp came away with 61.3% of the vote. The rejection of previously offered bailout conditions allows Greece's Syriza party to remain in power, but Finance Minister Yanis Varoufakis has resigned from his position in hopes of introducing a fresh voice into the negotiations. However, those negotiations are unlikely to get much easier with the spokesman for German Chancellor Angela Merkel saying conditions are "not there at present to enter negotiations on a new programme."

The S&P 500 futures have climbed about ten points off their worst levels of the morning, but they remain lower by 18 points against fair value at this juncture.

U.S. Treasuries have rallied, sending the 10-yr yield lower by seven basis points to 2.31%.

Today's economic data will be limited to the 10:00 ET release of the ISM Services Index for June (Briefing.com consensus 56.3).

In U.S. corporate news of note:

Humana (HUM 192.75, +5.25): +2.8% after agreeing to be acquired by Aetna (AET 117.40, -8.11) as part of a transaction valued at $230/share. In addition, Humana lowered its Q2 and fiscal year 2015 guidance.
Weight Watchers (WTW 5.50, +1.41): +35.5% after the New York Post reported the company may be a takeover target.

Reviewing overnight developments:

Asian markets ended mixed. China's Shanghai Composite +2.4%, Japan's Nikkei -2.1%, and Hong Kong's Hang Seng -3.2%
In economic data:
Japan's May Leading Index ticked down to 106.2 from 106.4, as expected
Hong Kong's June Manufacturing PMI rose to 49.2 from 47.6
Australia's ANZ Job Advertisements rose 1.3% month-over-month (prior 0.1%) while June MI Inflation Gauge ticked up 0.1% (last 0.3%)
In news:
China's Shanghai Composite ended in the green after being up nearly 8.0% at the open in reaction to news that the People's Bank of China extended a lifeline to equity brokers through China Finance Securities

Major European indices trade lower across the board. UK's FTSE -0.6%, Germany's DAX -1.5%, and France's CAC -1.8%. Elsewhere, Italy's MIB -3.1% and Spain's IBEX -2.2%
Economic data was limited:
Eurozone July Sentix Investor Confidence rose to 18.5 from 17.1 (consensus 15.0) while Retail PMI ticked down to 50.4 from 51.4
Germany's May Factory Orders +0.2% month-over-month (expected -0.4%; prior 2.2%)
Spain's May Industrial Production +3.4% year-over-year (consensus 2.6%; last 1.7%)
Swiss June CPI +0.1% month-over-month (expected -0.1%; prior 0.2%)
Among news of note:
Following the referendum in Greece, the short-term focus shifts to July 20, when Greece will have to make a EUR3.50 billion payment to the European Central Bank

6:05 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: -9.00. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -26.00.

6:05 am: [BRIEFING.COM] Nikkei...20112.12...-427.70...-2.10%. Hang Seng...25236.28...-827.80...-3.20%.

6:05 am: [BRIEFING.COM] FTSE...6562.46...-23.40...-0.40%. DAX...10977.67...-80.70...-0.70%.

Special thanks to Bloomberg, Briefing, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance for their market summaries. gm

Best Regards,
M.A. Perry
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
Image@ http://twitter.com/wrbtrader Image@ http://stocktwits.com/wrbtrader

http://www.thestrategylab.com
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
Skype Messenger: kebec2002
wrbanalysis@gmail.com
Go Back To TheStrategyLab.com Homepage