TheStrategyLab.com Price Action Trading Support Forum

Forum for price action traders that want to learn WRB Analysis basic tutorial chapters 1, 2 and 3 prior to purchasing our advance trade methods. Hashtags: #wrbanalysis #wrbzone #wrbhiddengap #priceaction #trading
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: June 17th Wednesday Trade Results - Profit $6250.00
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:07 am 
Site Admin

Trade Results of M.A. Perry
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
Price Action Trading (no technical indicators)
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
Free Chat Room: http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164
Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
wrbanalysis@gmail.com (24/7)
http://twitter.com/wrbtrader (24/7)

Attachment:
061715-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-PnL-Blotter-Profit+6250.00.png
061715-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-PnL-Blotter-Profit+6250.00.png [ 90.76 KiB | Viewed 272 times ]

click on the above image to view today's performance verification

Price Action Trade Performance for Today: Emini TF ($TF_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Emini ES ($ES_F) futures @ $6,250.00 dollars or +125.00 points, Light Crude Oil CL ($CL_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Gold GC ($GC_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points and EuroFX 6E ($6E_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.0000 ticks. Total Profit @ $6,250.00 dollars

Russell 2000 Emini TF Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ The ICE
S&P 500 Emini ES Futures: 1 tick or 0.25 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Light Crude Oil CL (WTI) Futures: 1 tick or 0.01 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Gold GC Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
EuroFX 6E Futures: 1 tick or 0.0001 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup

Trade Log: All of my trades were posted real-time in the timestamp ##TheStrategyLab free chat room. You can read today's price action trading information about my trades (e.g. time, price entry, contract size, price exit) as the trade traversed to its completion. Also, sometimes I'll post real-time trading tips in ##TheStrategyLab chat room involving WRBs, WRB Hidden GAPs, Key Market Events (KME), Tutorial Chapters 2 & 3, WRB Zones, Reaction Highs/Lows, Contracting Volatility or Expanding Volatility. Its all archived @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/ftchat/forum/viewtopic.php?f=144&t=2101

Quote:
All of my real-time posted trades involves price action concepts from the WRB Analysis free study guide, Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 4 - 12 and the Volatility Trading Report (VTR) trade signal strategies. Analysis -----> Trade Signals

Also, posted below are direct links to information about my price action trade methodology and trading plan (there's a difference between the two) that enables me to identify key trading areas in the price action that represent changes in supply/demand and volatility along with being able to exploit these changes via WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis). I'm primarily a day trader because it suits my personal lifestyle but I do occasionally swing trade and position trade. Simply, my trade method is applicable for position trading, swing trading and day trading.

Image ##TheStrategyLab Chat Room is free. Members and I use the chat room to post WRB Analysis commentary, real-time trades and to post anything else related to trading. The chat room helps me tremendously in my own trading because I use it to document (journal) general volatility analysis involving WRB Analysis so that I can easily review at a later date my thoughts as I interacted with the markets...info I can not get from my broker statements. Also, this is not a signal calling chat room where a head trader tells you when to buy or sell and I do not have the time/energy/resources to manage a signal calling chat room. Access instructions for chat room @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164

Image Price Action Analysis via Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/WRBAnalysisTutorials.htm and there's a free study guide of the WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1, 2 and 3 @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=718

Analysis -----> Trade Signals

Image Trade Signal Strategies via Volatility Trading Report (VTR) @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/VolatilityTrading.htm and there's a free trade signal strategy @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=89 so that you can freely test drive one of our price action trade strategies with support (answering your questions) prior to purchasing the Volatility Trading Report (VTR). All WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1 - 12 are included in the purchase of the Volatility Trading Report (VTR).

Image Trading Plan Daily Routine @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=265&t=2781 contains brief information about trading plan, market context, brokers, trading time frames, position size management and other discussions.

-----------------------------

Market Context Summaries

The below summaries by Bloomberg, Briefing, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance helps me to do a quick review of the fundamentals, FED/ECB/BOE/IMF actions or any important global economic events (e.g. Eurozone, MarketWatch.com) that had an impact on today's price action in many trading instruments I monitor during the trading day. Simply, I'm a strong believer that key market events causes key changes in supply/demand and volatility resulting in trade opportunities (swing points and strong continuation price actions) that reach profit targets. Thus, I pay attention to these key market events, intermarket analysis (e.g. Forex EurUsd, EuroFX 6E futures, Gold GC futures, Light Crude Oil (WTI) CL & Brent Oil futures, Eurex DAX futures, Euronext FTSE100 futures, Emini ES futures, Emini TF futures, Treasury ZB futures and U.S. Dollar Index futures) while using WRB Analysis from one trade to the next trade to give me the market context for price action trading before the appearance of my technical analysis trade signals. Therefore, I maintain these archives to allow me to understand what was happening on any given trading day in the past involving key market events to help better understand my trade decisions (day trading, swing trading, position trading)...something I can not get from my broker statements alone. Further, most financial websites remove (delete) their archives after a few years to make room for new content. Therefore, I maintain my own archives of the news content so that I have it available for me when financial websites no longer archives their content.

Attachment:
061715-Key-Price-Action-Markets.png
061715-Key-Price-Action-Markets.png [ 1.04 MiB | Viewed 264 times ]

click on the above image to view today's price action of key markets

Stocks edged higher Wednesday after the Federal Reserve reassured investors it was in no rush to raise interest rates from historically low levels.

The central bank said that the economy is strengthening, but not enough for policymakers to signal an imminent rate hike. The Fed's benchmark rate has remained near zero for more than six years in an effort to bolster the economy and encourage borrowing, lending and investment.

Surging stocks and ultra-low rates have gone hand-in-hand over the last six years, pushing the market to all-time highs. "This makes the market feel more confident," said Alan Rechtschaffen, financial advisor at UBS Wealth Management Americas.

As the economy has recovered investors have been trying to gauge not only when the Fed will begin raising rates, but also how aggressively it will move. Investors worry that if rates climb too quickly, the economy will slump.

The Dow Jones industrial average gained 31.26 points, or 0.2 percent, to 17,935.74. The Standard & Poor's 500 index rose 4.15 points, or 0.2 percent, to 2,100.44. The Nasdaq composite rose 9.33 points, or 0.2 percent, to 5,064.88. Bond prices also rose after the Fed released its statement at 2 p.m. Eastern time. The yield on the 10-year Treasury note fell to 2.31 percent from 2.38 percent just before the statement was released.

Fed Chair Janet Yellen told reporters after a two-day policy meeting that the central bank needs to see more gains in employment and stronger signs of inflation before raising rates. She didn't provide a timetable for an increase, but most economists expect the Fed to move later this year.

Utilities gained the most of the 10 sectors in the S&P 500. Investors buy the dividend-rich stocks to provide them with an income. Low rates make them look attractive compared to bonds. The major stock indexes remain close to their record highs set in May, but have sagged in the past month as investors have focused on the outlook for rates.

The Dow is still up 0.6 percent this year despite dropping 2 percent from its last record close on May 19. The S&P 500 is up 2 percent for the year and off 1.4 percent from its high on May 21.

Aside from the Fed, investors were also keeping an eye on negotiation between Greece and its lenders. Greece remains deadlocked in talks with its creditors Wednesday and there was little sign of a breakthrough a day ahead of a meeting of the 19 finance ministers from countries that use the euro. Greece needs to get more loans before the end of the month, when its bailout program expires and it is scheduled to make a big payment to the International Monetary Fund.

European markets have slumped in the last month as the talks have failed to produce an agreement. Greek markets are suffering the most. The nation's benchmark index sank 3 percent Wednesday and is down 18 percent this year.

Yields on Greek government bonds have surged as investors' confidence in the country's ability to pay its debt has waned. The yield on the Greek 10-year government bond has climbed to 13 percent from 6 percent a year ago.

Back in the U.S., investors welcomed the latest round of corporate deals.

Kythera Biopharmaceuticals surged 22.1 percent to $74.11 after Botox maker Allergan agreed to buy the drugmaker for about $2.1 billion. The deal would add a product that reduces double chins to Allergan's portfolio. Allergan added 77 cents to $298.79.

Medical technology company Hill-Rom Holdings climbed 6.3 percent to $55.70 after it agreed to buy privately held rival Welch Allyn for about $2.05 billion in a cash-and-stock deal.

In energy trading, the price of U.S. oil ended little changed after a volatile day. Oil prices had sagged after the Energy Department's weekly supply report showed a surprise increase in gasoline inventories.

Benchmark U.S. crude fell 5 cents to close at $59.92 a barrel in New York. Brent crude, a benchmark for international oil used by many U.S. refineries, rose 17 cents to close at $63.87 in London.

In metals trading, gold prices slipped $4.10, or 0.3 percent, to $1,176 an ounce. Silver fell 2 cents to $15.95 an ounce and copper dropped 1 cent to $2.60 an ounce.

In other futures trading, wholesale gasoline fell 2.4 cents to close at $2.101 a gallon. Heating oil rose 2.5 cents to close at $1.910 a gallon. Natural gas fell 3.9 cents to close at $2.855 per 1,000 cubic feet.

2:25 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] The major averages have returned to their flat lines.

After last week's surge in producer prices, we get a look at trends on the consumer side.

Consumer prices increased 0.1% in April after increasing 0.2% in March. The Briefing.com Consensus expects the CPI increased 0.5% in May. A large increase in gasoline prices was responsible for gains in the May PPI. That type of energy cost increase likely transferred directly to consumers.

Excluding food and energy, core CPI increased 0.3% in April after increasing 0.2% in March. The consensus expects core CPI increased 0.2% in May. That was the largest increase in core prices since a similar gain in January 2013. A pickup in income growth in May could keep upward pressure on overall prices.

2:05 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] The Federal Reserve has just released its latest policy statement, which called for no change to the current monetary policy stance. That being said, the accompanying forecasts imply two 0.25% increases before the year ends.

Equities lurched lower in immediate reaction, but the S&P 500 (+0.2%) has returned above its flat line since then. Meanwhile, Treasuries ticked up off their lows, but they continue holding the bulk of their losses with the benchmark yield up five basis points at 2.36%.

Also of note, the Dollar Index (94.67, -0.33) fell to a new low for the day and is currently down 0.4%.

1:35 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] The major indices continue to rest in negative territory, unchanged since our last update, ahead of the Fed's policy update at 2 PM ET

A look inside the Dow Jones Industrial Average shows UnitedHealth Group (119.67, -1.88), Verizon (VZ 46.99, -0.43), and Microsoft (MSFT 45.47, -0.36) are underperforming. UnitedHealth shares are pulling back following recent strength amid speculation of consolidation in the space. Microsoft is weaker after announcing various changes to its senior leadership team. Verizon shares are under pressure as telecoms under perform the broad market.

Conversely, American Express (AXP 80.20, +0.84) is the best-performing Dow component

With today's losses, the DJIA is now down 0.18% for the week.

12:55 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] The major averages hold slim midday losses after surrendering their opening gains. The S&P 500 (-0.3%) began the day with a six-point gain, notching its high just below the 50-day moving average (2,104) before pulling back. The benchmark index now trades just below its flat line, which could be the case until the 14:00 ET release of the latest policy statement from the Federal Open Market Committee.

Cyclical sectors paced the opening advance, but the same groups were the first to surrender their gains. The consumer discretionary sector remains just above its flat line while energy (-0.5%) and industrials (-0.4%) lag. Similarly, financials (-0.3%) and technology (-0.3%) hold modest losses.

Notably, the energy sector displayed strength at the start, but now trades only ahead of telecom services (-0.5%). The sector has retreated from its high alongside crude oil, which trades lower by 1.1% at $59.32/bbl.

Elsewhere, the industrial sector has suffered from continued weakness among transport stocks. The Dow Jones Transportation Average is lower by 1.0% today and down 1.8% for the week versus a 0.2% decline for the S&P 500. FedEx (FDX 175.91, -6.22) is the weakest component, trading lower by 3.4% after missing earnings and revenue estimates.

Over on the countercyclical side, consumer staples (unch) and utilities (unch) trade little changed while health care (-0.3%) and telecom services (-0.6%) hover in the red. The modest decline in health care has masked strength in biotechnology, evidenced by a 0.3% increase in iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 365.48, +1.10).

Treasuries sit on their lows after a steady retreat from overnight highs with the 10-yr yield up six basis points at 2.37%.

Economic data released this morning was limited to the weekly MBA Mortgage Index, which fell 5.5% to follow last week's 8.4% increase.

12:30 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] The major averages have slipped to new lows with the S&P 500 now down 0.1%.

Only three sectors remain in positive territory and two of the three-consumer discretionary and consumer staples-hover just above their flat lines while the rate-sensitive utilities sector (+0.3%) holds the lead despite today's increase in Treasury yields (10-yr yield +6 bps to 2.37%).

Looking at the bigger picture, the S&P 500 registered its session high within a point of its 50-day moving average (2,104) before pulling back. As a result, the benchmark index now trades in between its 50- and 100-day (2,089) moving averages after reclaiming the latter during yesterday's session.

11:55 am: [BRIEFING.COM] Recent action saw the S&P 500 slip below its flat line with most cyclical sectors doing the same.

Interestingly, growth-sensitive groups paced the opening rally, but the same groups have led the retreat from highs. The energy sector (-0.3%) has been at the forefront of that move and now trades behind the remaining nine sectors.

Over on the countercyclical side, the telecom services sector (-0.2%) hovers in the red while consumer staples (+0.2%), health care (+0.1%), and utilities (+0.7%) trade in the green. Biotechnology has contributed to the modest gain in the health care sector, evidenced by a 0.4% increase in iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 365.89, +1.51).
Related Quotes

11:25 am: [BRIEFING.COM] The major averages continue trading near their recent levels with the Dow, Nasdaq, and S&P 500 showing gains close to 0.2% apiece.

It wouldn't be a huge surprise to see the market remain inside a narrow trading range with the latest FOMC policy statement expected at 14:00 ET. Meanwhile, Treasuries held slim gains overnight, but they have spent the day in a steady retreat, pushing the 10-yr yield up to 2.37% (+6 bps).

Also of note, the Dollar Index (95.00, 0.00) held a modest loss through the night, but now trades flat after spiking off its low over the past two hours.

10:55 am: [BRIEFING.COM] Equity indices continue holding modest gains, but they have ticked down from their highs. Still, the S&P 500 remains higher by 0.2% with seven sectors trading in the green.

The energy sector (-0.1%) led the market higher at the start, but the growth-sensitive group has slipped below its flat line. Similarly, crude oil has retreated from its best level of the day, trimming its gain to 0.3% at $60.15/bbl. Elsewhere among cyclical sectors, financials, materials, and industrials also trade near their flat lines while the consumer discretionary sector (+0.3%) remains ahead of its peers.

On a separate note, Treasuries have extended their losses with the 10-yr yield now up five basis points at 2.36%.

10:35 am: [BRIEFING.COM]

The dollar index has been trading in the red all morning, after briefly reaching the flat-line overnight.
Extended weakness in the dollar, ahead of today's FOMC monetary policy updates, is giving broad support to commodities so far this session.
The dollar is now -0.1% to 95.02
The ongoing development of Tropical Storm Bill in the Gulf of Mexico drove upward momentum in the Energy sector in early trade.
However, Tropical Storm Bill was downgraded to a Tropical Depression as the storm weakened a bit
Ahead of the release of EIA inventory data for WTI crude, oil had extended large gains made overnight. Upon release of the data, oil dropped back below $61/barrel
The July contract is now +1.2% to $60.70/barrel
Nat gas has seen solid gains so far this session, as the open of pit trading gave the July contract volume, that reflect bullish sentiment from overnight storm updates.
The commodity also saw peripheral upward price momentum on expectations for tomorrow's EIA inventory report, and Nat gas is currently +1.7% to $2.94/MMBtu
Precious metals are moving modestly on support from the dollar, as both metals have traded within a narrow range around the flatline
August gold is -0.3% to $1,177.60/oz while July silver is +0.2% to $16.00/oz
Copper is -0.2% at $2.61/lb

9:55 am: [BRIEFING.COM] Equity indices remain near their early highs with the energy sector (+0.7%) maintaining its lead.

Elsewhere among cyclical sectors, industrials (+0.2%) underperform amid continued weakness in transport stocks. The Dow Jones Transportation Average is lower by 0.6% with all but six components in the red. FedEx (FDX 176.89, -5.24) is the weakest performer, down 2.9%, after missing earnings and revenue estimates.

For the week, the Dow Jones Transportation Average is down 1.3% while the industrial sector has given up 0.6% since last Friday. Meanwhile, the remaining nine groups hold week-to-date gains between 0.2% and 1.2%.

9:40 am: [BRIEFING.COM] The major averages began the trading day on a modestly higher note with the S&P 500 (+0.3%) climbing into the neighborhood of its 50-day moving average (2,104).

All ten sectors hold early gains with cyclical groups showing relative strength for the second day in a row. The energy sector (+0.9%) leads amid a 1.3% increase in crude oil, which hovers near $60.79/bbl.

Outside of energy, the materials sector (+0.4%) trades ahead of the benchmark index while technology (+0.3%), financials (+0.3% 0, and consumer discretionary (+0.3%) trade in-line with the S&P 500.

Elsewhere, Treasuries have ticked down to fresh lows with the 10-yr yield now up three basis points at 2.34%.

9:10 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +5.20. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +9.60. The stock market is on track for a modestly higher open as futures on the S&P 500 trade five points above fair value.

Last night was relatively quiet with index futures trading inside narrow ranges. That being said, S&P 500 futures hit their highs at the start of the European session, and have surrendered about four points since then. Meanwhile, European markets trade lower across the board as another day passes without any concrete progress between Greece and its creditors. According to Bloomberg, Greek Prime Minister said his government is ready to give a "big no" to what is perceived to be a bad deal offered by the EU.

Domestically, investors will be eager to hear from the Federal Reserve with the latest FOMC policy statement scheduled to be released at 14:00 ET and Chair Janet Yellen's press conference set to follow at 14:30 ET. The Dollar Index (94.82, -0.18), which currently holds a slim loss, will be in focus once the policy statement crosses the wires. If the market interprets the directive as hawkish, the greenback is likely to strengthen in anticipation of a possible rate hike at an upcoming meeting. Conversely, a dovish statement is likely to invite new June lows in the Dollar Index.

Treasuries hold modest losses with the 10-yr yield up almost two basis points at 2.33%.

On the corporate front, FedEx (FDX 177.50, -4.45) is on track to open lower by 2.4% after missing earnings and revenue estimates.

8:57 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +5.60. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +9.80. The S&P 500 futures trade six points above fair value.

Markets in the Asia-pacific region were mostly higher on Wednesday, bolstered by Wall Street's positive showing on Tuesday and a recovery effort in the Chinese market following two days of substantive declines. Japan bucked the trend with a modest decline that followed some disappointing data for exports and imports in May.

In economic data:
Japan's May Trade Balance -JPY216 bln (expected -JPY226 bln; prior -JPY53 bln) as Exports +2.4% year-over-year (expected +3.5%; prior +8.0%) and Imports -8.7% year-over-year (expected -7.5%; prior -4.2%)
Australia's MI Leading Index -0.1% month-over-month (prior 0.0%)
Singapore's May Trade Balance SGD6.61 bln (expected SGD7.02 bln; prior SGD5.91 bln) and Non-Oil Exports -3.1% month-over-month (expected -5.7%; prior -8.6%); -0.2% year-over-year (expected +3.1%; prior +2.2%)

-----

Japan's Nikkei declined 0.2% following some weaker than expected data for exports and imports in May. The utilities (-1.6%) and financial (-0.7%) sectors were the worst-performing areas. Unitika (-3.3%), Sumco Corp (-3.1%), and Tokyo Electric Power (-2.9%) paced the decliners. NTN Corp (+7.2%) led advancing stocks. Out of the 225 index members, 62 ended higher, 157 finished lower, and 6 were unchanged.
Hong Kong's Hang Seng increased 0.7%, led by strength in its consumer cyclical (+1.2%), consumer non-cyclical (+0.9%), and financial (+0.7%) sectors. Individual standouts included Want Want China Holdings (+2.8%), Bank of China (+2.4%), and Cathay Pacific Airways (+2.3%). CNOOC (-1.1%) led decliners and was the only stock to drop more than 1.0%. Out of the 50 index members, 40 ended higher, 8 finished lower, and 2 were unchanged.
China's Shanghai Composite increased 1.7%, overcoming an early 2.5% decline. The rebound followed a 5.5% decline in the first two days of the trading week. All sectors rebounded in the Chinese market on Wednesday. Standout performers in the CSI 300 Index were the technology (+5.1%), utilities (+4.9%), and energy (+2.7%) sectors.

Major European indices trade lower across the board with France's CAC (-0.9%) trailing the region. European investors remain focused on Greece as another day is set to pass without a deal with EU creditors. Elsewhere, the Bank of England released the minutes from its latest policy meeting, which revealed a unanimous vote in favor of maintaining the current policy stance

Participants received several data points:
Eurozone May CPI +0.2% month-over-month; +0.3% year-over-year. Separately, Core CPI +0.9% year-over-year. All readings matched expectations
UK's May Claimant Count -6,500 (expected -12,300; prior -7,800) while the Unemployment Rate held at 5.5%. Separately, April Average Earnings Index + Bonus 2.7% (consensus 2.1%; prior 2.3%)
Italy's April Trade Balance EUR3.74 billion (expected EUR3.27 billion; prior EUR4.01 billion)
Swiss ZEW Expectations ticked up to 0.1 from -0.1

------

UK's FTSE is lower by 0.3% with consumer names showing relative weakness. Marks & Spencer, Tesco, and InterContinental Hotels are down between 1.2% and 1.5%. On the upside, countercyclical Centrica and BT Group trade higher by 1.1% and 0.7%, respectively.
Germany's DAX has given up 0.5% with all but four names trading in the red. Exporters Daimler and Volkswagen hold respective losses of 1.9% and 1.5% while adidas and Deutsche Lufthansa are both down near 2.0%. Deutsche Telekom outperforms, trading higher by 1.7%.
In France, the CAC has surrendered 0.9% amid broad weakness. Grocery store chain Carrefour is the weakest performer, down 4.2% while other consumer names like Accor, Danone, and L'Oreal are all down near 2.0%.

8:27 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +4.00. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +7.20. Equity futures remain near their lows with S&P 500 futures holding a four-point gain against fair value. Meanwhile, the Dollar Index (94.77, -0.23) is lower by 0.2% after bouncing inside a two point range over the past week.

Despite the range-bound action as of late, the Dollar Index is likely to be active later today when the Federal Reserve releases its latest policy statement. If the market perceives the directive as hawkish, the greenback is likely to strengthen in anticipation of a possible rate hike at an upcoming meeting. Conversely, a dovish statement is likely to invite new June lows in the Dollar Index.

7:55 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +3.30. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +3.90. U.S. equity futures trade little changed amid cautious action overseas. The S&P 500 futures hover three points above fair value after trading inside a seven-point range throughout the night.

Today's economic data was limited to the weekly MBA Mortgage Index, which fell 5.5% to follow last week's 8.4% increase. There is no more data on today's schedule, but the Federal Reserve will release its latest policy directive at 14:00 ET.

Treasuries hold modest losses with the 10-yr yield up two basis points at 2.33%.

In U.S. corporate news of note:

Adobe Systems (ADBE 79.11, -0.83): -1.0% after below-consensus guidance overshadowed a bottom-line beat.
FedEx (FDX 180.00, -2.13): -1.2% after missing earnings and revenue estimates.

Reviewing overnight developments:

Asian markets ended mostly higher. Hong Kong's Hang Seng +0.7%, China's Shanghai Composite +1.7%, and Japan's Nikkei -0.2%
In economic data:
Japan's May Trade Balance -JPY216 bln (expected -JPY226 bln; prior -JPY53 bln) as Exports +2.4% year-over-year (expected +3.5%; prior +8.0%) and Imports -8.7% year-over-year (expected -7.5%; prior -4.2%)
Australia's MI Leading Index -0.1% month-over-month (prior 0.0%)
Singapore's May Trade Balance SGD6.61 bln (expected SGD7.02 bln; prior SGD5.91 bln) and Non-Oil Exports -3.1% month-over-month (expected -5.7%; prior -8.6%); -0.2% year-over-year (expected +3.1%; prior +2.2%)
In news:
China's Shanghai Composite remained volatile, falling to a two-week low in morning trade before rallying into the close

Major European indices trade lower across the board. UK's FTSE -0.5%, Germany's DAX -0.7%, and France's CAC -1.1%. Elsewhere, Italy's MIB -0.5% and Spain's IBEX -0.6%
Participants received several data points:
Eurozone May CPI +0.2% month-over-month; +0.3% year-over-year. Separately, Core CPI +0.9% year-over-year. All readings matched expectations
UK's May Claimant Count -6,500 (expected -12,300; prior -7,800) while the Unemployment Rate held at 5.5%. Separately, April Average Earnings Index + Bonus 2.7% (consensus 2.1%; prior 2.3%)
Italy's April Trade Balance EUR3.74 billion (expected EUR3.27 billion; prior EUR4.01 billion)
Swiss ZEW Expectations ticked up to 0.1 from -0.1
Among news of note:
The Bank of England released the minutes from its latest policy meeting, which revealed a unanimous vote in favor of maintaining the current policy stance
European investors remain focused on Greece as another day goes by without a deal with EU creditors

5:47 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +7.20. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +13.10.

5:47 am: [BRIEFING.COM] Nikkei...20219.27...-38.70...-0.20%. Hang Seng...26753.79...+187.10...+0.70%.

5:47 am: [BRIEFING.COM] FTSE...6700.69...-9.40...-0.10%. DAX...11041.57...-2.40...0.00%.

Special thanks to Bloomberg, Briefing, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance for their market summaries. gm

Best Regards,
M.A. Perry
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
Image@ http://twitter.com/wrbtrader Image@ http://stocktwits.com/wrbtrader

http://www.thestrategylab.com
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
Skype Messenger: kebec2002
wrbanalysis@gmail.com
Go Back To TheStrategyLab.com Homepage