TheStrategyLab.com Price Action Trading Support Forum

Forum for price action traders that want to learn WRB Analysis basic tutorial chapters 1, 2 and 3 prior to purchasing our advance trade methods. Hashtags: #wrbanalysis #wrbzone #wrbhiddengap #priceaction #trading
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: May 27th Wednesday Trade Results - Profit $545.00
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 2:44 am 
Site Admin

Trade Results of M.A. Perry
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
Price Action Trading (no technical indicators)
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
Free Chat Room: http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164
Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
wrbanalysis@gmail.com (24/7)
http://twitter.com/wrbtrader (24/7)

Attachment:
052715-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-PnL-Blotter-Profit+545.00.png
052715-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-PnL-Blotter-Profit+545.00.png [ 88.68 KiB | Viewed 321 times ]

click on the above image to view today's performance verification

Price Action Trade Performance for Today: Emini TF ($TF_F) futures @ $20.00 dollars or +0.20 points, Emini ES ($ES_F) futures @ $525.00 dollars or +10.50 points, Light Crude Oil CL ($CL_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Gold GC ($GC_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points and EuroFX 6E ($6E_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.0000 ticks. Total Profit @ $545.00 dollars

Russell 2000 Emini TF Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ The ICE
S&P 500 Emini ES Futures: 1 tick or 0.25 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Light Crude Oil CL (WTI) Futures: 1 tick or 0.01 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Gold GC Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
EuroFX 6E Futures: 1 tick or 0.0001 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup

Trade Log: All of my trades were posted real-time in the timestamp ##TheStrategyLab free chat room. You can read today's price action trading information about my trades (e.g. time, price entry, contract size, price exit) as the trade traversed to its completion. Also, sometimes I'll post real-time trading tips in ##TheStrategyLab chat room involving WRBs, WRB Hidden GAPs, Key Market Events (KME), Tutorial Chapters 2 & 3, WRB Zones, Reaction Highs/Lows, Contracting Volatility or Expanding Volatility. Its all archived @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/ftchat/forum/viewtopic.php?f=143&t=2084

Quote:
All of my real-time posted trades involves price action concepts from the WRB Analysis free study guide, Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 4 - 12 and the Volatility Trading Report (VTR) trade signal strategies. Analysis -----> Trade Signals

Also, posted below are direct links to information about my price action trade methodology and trading plan (there's a difference between the two) that enables me to identify key trading areas in the price action that represent changes in supply/demand and volatility along with being able to exploit these changes via WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis). I'm primarily a day trader because it suits my personal lifestyle but I do occasionally swing trade and position trade. Simply, my trade method is applicable for position trading, swing trading and day trading.

Image ##TheStrategyLab Chat Room is free. Members and I use the chat room to post WRB Analysis commentary, real-time trades and to post anything else related to trading. The chat room helps me tremendously in my own trading because I use it to document (journal) general volatility analysis involving WRB Analysis so that I can easily review at a later date my thoughts as I interacted with the markets...info I can not get from my broker statements. Also, this is not a signal calling chat room where a head trader tells you when to buy or sell and I do not have the time/energy/resources to manage a signal calling chat room. Access instructions for chat room @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164

Image Price Action Analysis via Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/WRBAnalysisTutorials.htm and there's a free study guide of the WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1, 2 and 3 @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=718

Analysis -----> Trade Signals

Image Trade Signal Strategies via Volatility Trading Report (VTR) @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/VolatilityTrading.htm and there's a free trade signal strategy @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=89 so that you can freely test drive one of our price action trade strategies with support (answering your questions) prior to purchasing the Volatility Trading Report (VTR). All WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1 - 12 are included in the purchase of the Volatility Trading Report (VTR).

Image Trading Plan Daily Routine @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=263&t=2757 contains brief information about trading plan, market context, brokers, trading time frames, position size management and other discussions.

-----------------------------

Market Context Summaries

The below summaries by Bloomberg, Briefing, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance helps me to do a quick review of the fundamentals, FED/ECB/BOE/IMF actions or any important global economic events (e.g. Eurozone, MarketWatch.com) that had an impact on today's price action in many trading instruments I monitor during the trading day. Simply, I'm a strong believer that key market events causes key changes in supply/demand and volatility resulting in trade opportunities (swing points and strong continuation price actions) that reach profit targets. Thus, I pay attention to these key market events, intermarket analysis (e.g. Forex EurUsd, EuroFX 6E futures, Gold GC futures, Light Crude Oil (WTI) CL & Brent Oil futures, Eurex DAX futures, Euronext FTSE100 futures, Emini ES futures, Emini TF futures, Treasury ZB futures and U.S. Dollar Index futures) while using WRB Analysis from one trade to the next trade to give me the market context for price action trading before the appearance of my technical analysis trade signals. Therefore, I maintain these archives to allow me to understand what was happening on any given trading day in the past involving key market events to help better understand my trade decisions (day trading, swing trading, position trading)...something I can not get from my broker statements alone. Further, most financial websites remove (delete) their archives after a few years to make room for new content. Therefore, I maintain my own archives of the news content so that I have it available for me when financial websites no longer archives their content.

Attachment:
052715-Key-Price-Action-Markets.png
052715-Key-Price-Action-Markets.png [ 976.27 KiB | Viewed 289 times ]

click on the above image to view today's price action of key markets

4:15 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] The major averages enjoyed a daylong rally on Wednesday that helped the S&P 500 (+0.9%) narrow its week-to-date decline to just 0.1%. Meanwhile, the Nasdaq Composite (+1.5%) closed at a fresh record high (5,106.59) and turned its weekly decline into a 0.3% advance for the week.

Equity indices began the session with modest gains and enjoyed an early surge amid reports that Greek officials and Eurogroup members have started crafting a staff-level agreement to secure funds for the country. However, those reports were refuted during the next hour with Bloomberg citing a Eurogroup official as saying the two sides have yet to begin working on a joint statement.

Strikingly, the stock market all but ignored the prompt refutation and continued rising into the afternoon with the technology sector (+1.8%) pacing the move.

The top-weighted tech sector enjoyed broad-based support from large cap components like Apple (AAPL 132.04, +2.42), Google (GOOGL 554.25, +7.06), and Microsoft (MSFT 47.61, +1.02) while chipmakers stole the show. To that point, the PHLX Semiconductor Index surged 3.9% after it was reported that Avago (AVGO 141.49, +10.19) is in advanced talks to acquire Broadcom (BRCM 57.13, +10.21). Shares of AVGO jumped 7.8% while Broadcom soared 21.8%.

Similar to technology, eight of the remaining nine sectors posted gains, but only financials (+0.9%) and health care (+1.1%) finished in-line with or ahead of the broader market. The growth-sensitive financial sector enjoyed broad support and extended its May gain to 2.7% while health care was boosted by biotechnology with iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 366.96, +6.66) climbing 1.9%.

Elsewhere, the consumer discretionary sector (+0.7%) finished not far behind the broader market after a few of its components reported earnings. Jeweler Tiffany & Co (TIF 94.54, +9.01) surged 10.5% following better than expected results while Michael Kors (KORS 45.93, -14.66) plunged 24.2% after reporting a one-cent miss and guiding Q1 results below analyst expectations. Also of note, homebuilder Toll Brothers (TOL 36.16, -0.83) lost 2.2% after reporting a two-cent beat on light revenue and narrowing its guidance.

On the downside, the energy sector (-0.1%) lagged throughout the session as crude oil struggled, falling 0.8% to $57.57/bbl.

Treasuries slumped to lows in reaction to the early report suggesting a Greek deal is near, but they reclaimed their losses as the session wore on. As a result, the 10-yr yield ended flat at 2.14%.

Today's participation was roughly in-line with last week's totals as 707 million shares changed hands at the NYSE floor.

Economic data was limited to the weekly MBA Mortgage Index, which fell 1.6% to follow last week's 1.5% decline.

Tomorrow, weekly Initial Claims (Briefing.com consensus 274K) will be released at 8:30 ET while April Pending Home Sales (consensus 1.0%) will be reported at 10:00 ET.

Nasdaq Composite +7.8% YTD
Russell 2000 +4.1% YTD
S&P 500 +3.1% YTD
Dow Jones Industrial Average +1.9% YTD

3:30 pm: [BRIEFING.COM]

The dollar index is trading lower from yesterday's levels, after an early AM rally failed to hold its gains.
The index traded as high as 97.80 during the day, but is now down near 97.38
Crude oil saw moderate selling pressure throughout afternoon trading and into the close, largely reflecting sentiment regarding tomorrow's EIA supply data release
The July contract settled at -0.8% to $57.57/barrel
Natural gas traded in a narrow range following a pullback from mid-morning gains (as high as $2.92) to close $0.01 lower at $2.83/MMBtu
Silver closed modestly lower by -0.5% to $16.66/oz while June gold ended flat at $1185.70/oz
July copper ended the session $0.01 lower to $2.77/oz

2:55 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] The S&P 500 trades higher by 0.9% with one hour remaining in the session. Thanks to today's daylong advance, the benchmark index remains down just 0.2% for the week while the Nasdaq (+1.3%) has erased its week-to-date decline and is now up 0.2% since last Friday.

Fittingly, the technology sector (+1.7%) trades ahead of the remaining nine groups, which helps explain the continued outperformance of the Nasdaq Composite. Like the Nasdaq, the tech sector holds a slim week-to-date gain of 0.2%.

Also of note, Treasuries have returned to unchanged after rallying off their lows through the afternoon with the 10-yr yield back to 2.14%.

2:20 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] Recent action saw the Nasdaq (+1.3%) build on its gain, which puts the tech-heavy index on track for a record close.

Chipmakers have contributed to the recent uptick in the Nasdaq with the PHLX Semiconductor Index now up 3.3% after it was reported that Avago (AVGO 139.80, +8.50) is in advanced talks to acquire Broadcom (BRCM 55.00, +8.08). The news has sent Broadcom's stock to a 14-year high.

Elsewhere, Treasuries have regained a portion of their losses with the 10-yr yield now at 2.15% (+1 bp).

1:55 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] Equity indices remain near their session highs.

With no new U.S. economic data, we look to tomorrow's initial claims report.

The initial claims level increased to 274,000 for the week ending May 16 from 264,000 for the week ending May 9. The Briefing.com Consensus expects the initial claims level remained at 274,000 for the week ending May 23.

Over the past several weeks, the initial claims level has fallen to 15-year lows. Employment conditions have materially improved during this time.

Current claims trends point to payroll growth in excess of 200,000.

The continuing claims level declined to 2.211 mln for the week ending May 9 from 2.223 mln for the week ending May 2. The consensus expects the continuing claims level increased to 2.250 mln for the week ending May 16.

1:30 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] The major indices have continued moving higher since our last update, and are resting just under their intra-day highs.

A look inside the Dow Jones Industrial Average shows that Microsoft (MSFT 47.50, +0.91), Apple (AAPL 132.12, +2.50), and Cisco Systems (CSCO 29.41, +0.46) are outperforming amid industry strength in the technology sector, with IT (+1.3%) showing the strongest gains of all the ten S&P 500 sectors.

Conversely, Exxon Mobil (XOM 85.01, -0.34) is the worst-performing Dow component, have been dragged down by general weakness in the energy sector, today's worst-performing S&P 500 sector, as WTI crude oil declines 0.6% on the day.

Despite today's strong recovery, the DJIA is still down 0.3% for the week. As we approach the end of the week and end of the month, the DJIA at current levels is up 1.9% in May.

In other developments, the $35 billion 5-yr note auction at the top of the hour was met with strong demand. It drew a high yield of 1.56% on a bid-to-cover ratio of 2.46. The latter was weaker than the prior 12-auction average of 2.60.

1:00 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] The major averages hold solid midday gains with the S&P 500 trading higher by 0.7%. Thanks to the first half advance, the benchmark index has narrowed this week's loss to 0.4%.

Equity indices began the day on a slightly higher note after the S&P 500 set yesterday's session low just above its 50-day moving average (2,098). The benchmark index opened above that mark today and was jolted to a fresh high amid reports that Greek officials and Eurogroup members have started crafting a staff-level agreement. However, those reports were refuted swiftly with Bloomberg citing a Eurogroup official as saying the two sides have yet to begin working on a joint statement.

Interestingly, the prompt refutation did not cause weakness in stocks with the S&P 500 marking a fresh session high not long ago.

Nine sectors hold midday gains while the energy space (-0.1%) remains just below its flat line amid a 0.3% decline in crude oil to $57.87/bbl. On the flip side, only three sectors trade ahead of the broader market, but they represent the three largest groups by weight. Health care (+1.0%) and technology (+1.1%) have held the lead since the opening bell while financials (+0.8%) follow not far behind.

The health care sector has received support from biotechnology, evidenced by a 1.2% gain in iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 364.77, +4.47). The industry group has contributed to the relative strength within the Nasdaq, while large cap tech names like Apple (AAPL 131.75, +2.13) and Microsoft (MSFT 47.34, +0.75) have also done their part.

On the earnings front, homebuilders have struggled after Toll Brothers (TOL 36.00, -0.99) reported a two-cent beat on light revenue and narrowed its guidance. Staying in the discretionary sector, Michael Kors (KORS 46.75, -13.84) has plunged 22.9% after reporting a one-cent miss and guiding Q1 results below analyst expectations while Tiffany & Co (TIF 95.84, +10.31) has jumped 12.1% following better than expected results.

Treasuries hover near their lows with the 10-yr yield higher by three basis points at 2.17%.

Today's economic news was limited to the weekly MBA Mortgage Index, which fell 1.6% to follow last week's 1.5% decline.

12:25 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] Not much change in the market with the key indices trading near their session highs. The Nasdaq (+1.0%) remains in the lead while the Russell 2000 (+0.5%) trades behind its peers.

Interestingly, the underperformance of the Russell 2000 has not translated into relative weakness among high-beta groups like biotechnology and chipmakers. The iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 364.80, +4.50) is higher by 1.3% while the PHLX Semiconductor Index trades up 1.3%. Similarly, high-beta transport stocks outperform with the Dow Jones Transportation Average trading higher by 0.9%.
Related Quotes

11:55 am: [BRIEFING.COM] Equity indices have built on their gains with the S&P 500 now up 0.7%. Thanks to the continued strength, the benchmark index has narrowed its weekly loss to 0.3%.

The energy sector (-0.2%) remains in negative territory while crude oil has staged a recovery. The energy component has erased its earlier loss and now trades higher by 0.1% at $58.10/bbl. Also of note, the Dollar Index (97.36, +0.07) remains higher by 0.1% after slipping from its best level of the day that was notched right around the start of the cash session.

Elsewhere, Treasuries trade in the middle of their ranges with the 10-yr yield higher by two basis points at 2.16%.

11:25 am: [BRIEFING.COM] The major averages remain near their highs with the Nasdaq Composite (+0.8%) trading ahead of the S&P 500 (+0.6%).

The Nasdaq outperforms thanks to solid gains in the technology sector (+1.1%) while biotechnology has also chipped in. The iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 364.97, +4.74) trades higher by 1.3% while the health care sector (+1.0%) sits well ahead of the remaining countercyclical groups.

Furthermore, high-beta chipmakers have also given a boost to the index as the PHLX Semiconductor Index trades higher by 1.0%.

11:00 am: [BRIEFING.COM] Equity indices continue holding the bulk of their gains with the S&P 500 (+0.6%) trading about three points below its best level of the session.

The energy sector (-0.5%) has gyrated a bit and the growth-sensitive group is now back in the red after making a brief appearance in positive territory. Meanwhile, crude oil has maintained a modest loss, trading lower by 0.6% at $57.70/bbl.

On the upside, only two sectors-technology (+1.0%) and health care (+0.9%)-trade ahead of the benchmark index while the financial sector has kept pace with the S&P 500.

10:40 am: [BRIEFING.COM]

The dollar traded modestly down for a good portion of early AM trading, but has recently rallied back to near positive for the session.
The index currently continues to hold slight losses and the index is now flat 97.28
Precious metals fell from overnight gains in early morning trade, but have since rallied back to near the flatline
June gold is now +0.1% to $1187.70/oz while July silver is -0.1% to $16.72/oz
Oil has fallen from overnight levels as high as $58.95, and is holding steady at the unchanged mark.
Notable morning catalysts for oil include movements in the dollar and continued over-supply concerns emanating from Middle East production
Sentiment surrounding the release of the EIA's weekly petroleum status and natural gas reports tomorrow morning, may drive price action later on this session
July WTI oil is now -0.1% to $57.96/barrel
Natural gas is -0.3% to $2.82/MMBtu on balanced sentiment with regard to mild national weather forecasts.
July copper is currently flat at $2.78/lb

10:00 am: [BRIEFING.COM] Equity indices have climbed to new highs with the S&P 500 now up 0.5%. The recent move has taken place amid reports that Greek officials and Eurogroup members have started crafting a staff-level agreement; however, it is worth noting that nothing concrete has been announced yet.

Similar to U.S. stocks, European equities have jumped to new highs for the day.

Elsewhere, Treasuries have slid to new lows, pushing the 10-yr yield up to 2.17% (+3 bps).

9:40 am: [BRIEFING.COM] As expected, the major averages began the day with modest gains. The S&P 500 trades higher by 0.2% with eight sectors in the green.

Heavily-weighted health care (+0.5%) and technology (+0.4%) are among the early leaders while the energy sector (-0.3%) has struggled in the early going amid a 0.4% decline in crude oil ($57.79/bbl).

Elsewhere, Treasuries continue holding slim losses with the 10-yr yield up a basis point at 2.15%.

9:12 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +6.30. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +15.20. The stock market is on track for a modestly higher open as futures on the S&P 500 trade six points above fair value, which should allow the benchmark index to reclaim a portion of yesterday's 22-point decline.

Yesterday's session followed a full slate of economic data that was better than expected while today's economic data was limited to the weekly MBA Mortgage Index, which fell 1.6% to follow last week's 1.5% decline.

Things have been relatively quiet on the corporate front with just a couple names reporting their results. Michael Kors (KORS 50.30, -10.29) is on track to open lower by 17.0% in reaction to a one-cent miss and below-consensus Q1 guidance while Toll Brothers (TOL 36.80, -0.19) has given up 0.5% after reporting a two-cent beat on light revenue and narrowing its guidance.

Treasuries hold slim losses with the 10-yr yield higher by a basis point at 2.15%.

8:54 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +6.60. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +15.40. The S&P 500 futures trade seven points above fair value.

The majority of the markets in the Asia-Pacific region declined on Wednesday following the weak lead set by Wall Street on Tuesday. The Nikkei (+0.2%) and Shanghai Composite (+0.6%), however, were in the minority and continued their winning streaks.

In economic data:
Australia's MI Leading Index +0.1% month-over-month (previous -0.3%) while Q1 Construction Work Done -2.4% quarter-over-quarter (expected -1.5%; prior -0.6%)

------

Japan's Nikkei increased 0.2%, logging its ninth consecutive gain. The modest increase came on the back of strength in the technology (+0.9%), industrial (+0.4%), and consumer cyclical (+0.4%) sectors and further weakness in the yen. Sumitomo Electric Industries (+5.1%), Sojitz Corp (+4.6%), and Fuji Heavy Industries (+4.3%) sat atop the list of winners while Eisai Co (-2.5%) and J Front Retailing (-2.4%) paced the losers. Out of the 225 index members, 113 ended higher, 105 finished lower, and 7 were unchanged.
Hong Kong's Hang Seng declined 0.6% with losses in the financial (-4.3%) and technology (-2.2%) sectors weighing on the market. CK Hutchison Holdings (-28.4%), Li & Fung (-2.6%), Henderson Land Development (-2.5%), and Lenovo (-2.2%) were the biggest losers. Tingyi Cayman Islands Holding Corp (+6.7%) led all gainers. Out of the 49 index members, 16 ended higher and 33 finished lower.
China's Shanghai Composite stumbled early on the heels of Wall Street's weak showing, but eventually regrouped and increased 0.6%, leaving it up 6.1% for the week. A report that industrial sector profits rose 2.6% year-over-year, marking the first annual increase since September, boosted the spirits of market participants. The utilities (+3.1%), basic materials (+2.6%), and technology (+2.0%) sectors were among the best-performing areas in the Chinese market on Wednesday.

Major European indices trade higher across the board with Italy's MIB (+1.2%) showing relative strength. Elsewhere, G7 finance ministers and central bank officials have begun their three-day meeting in Dresden, Germany with Greece among the main issues on the agenda.

Economic data was limited:
Germany's GfK June Consumer Climate ticked up to 10.2 from 10.1 (expected 10.0)
France's Consumer Confidence rose to 93 from 94 (consensus 95)
Swiss Consumption Indicator declined to 1.25 from 1.34

------

Germany's DAX trades higher by 0.1% with about 2/3 of the index in the green. Basic materials names lead with HeidelbergCement, K+S, Linde, and ThyssenKrupp up between 1.1% and 1.7%. On the downside, Allianz is the weakest performer, down 0.9%.
UK's FTSE is higher by 0.6% with most names trading in the green. Industrials Ashtead Group and Travis Perkins are both up near 2.2%. On the downside, miners underperform with Anglo American and Fresnillo showing losses close to 0.2% apiece.
In France, the CAC has gained 0.7%. Exporters trade in mixed fashion with Peugeot up 3.0% and Renault down 0.3%. Select financials have shown strength with Credit Agricole and Unibail-Rodamco both adding near 1.2%.
Italy's MIB outperforms with a gain of 1.2% as most components trade in the green. Financials UBI Banca, Unicredit, Intesa Sanpaolo, and BMPS are up between 1.5% and 2.0%.

8:29 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +8.30. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +18.30. U.S. equity futures remain near their best levels of the morning with S&P 500 futures trading eight points above fair value.

Meanwhile, the Dollar Index (97.55, +0.27) has recently climbed out of the red and is now on track for its second consecutive daily advance after climbing 1.4% during yesterday's session. Most notably, the greenback has added about 0.6% against the yen (123.71).

Also of note, Treasuries have returned to their overnight highs with the 10-yr yield at 2.15% (+1 bp).

7:58 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +6.10. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +13.40. U.S. equity futures hold modest gains amid upbeat action overseas. The S&P 500 futures hover six points above fair value after climbing off their lows at the start of the European session.

Following yesterday's batch of better than expected data, today's economic news has been limited to the weekly MBA Mortgage Index, which fell 1.6% to follow last week's 1.5% decline.

Treasuries hold modest losses with the 10-yr yield higher by two basis points at 2.16%.

In U.S. corporate news of note:

Michael Kors (KORS 54.15, -6.44): -10.6% in reaction to a one-cent miss and below-consensus Q1 guidance.
Tiffany & Co (TIF 90.99, +5.15): +6.0% following better than expected results.
Toll Brothers (TOL 37.00, +0.01): unch after reporting a two-cent beat on light revenue and narrowing its guidance.
Workday (WDAY 84.73, -7.76): -8.4% after beating estimates and guiding Q2 revenue in-line.

Reviewing overnight developments:

Asian markets ended mixed. Hong Kong's Hang Seng -0.6%, China's Shanghai Composite +0.6%, and Japan's Nikkei +0.2%
In economic data:
Australia's MI Leading Index +0.1% month-over-month (previous -0.3%) while Q1 Construction Work Done -2.4% quarter-over-quarter (expected -1.5%; prior -0.6%)
In news:
HSBC has cut China's 2015 GDP growth forecast to 7.1% from 7.3% while voicing expectations for more easing from the People's Bank of China

Major European indices trade higher across the board. Germany's DAX +0.2%, France's CAC +0.5%, and UK's FTSE +0.6%. Elsewhere, Spain's IBEX +0.5% and Italy's MIB +1.0%.
Economic data was limited:
Germany's GfK June Consumer Climate ticked up to 10.2 from 10.1 (expected 10.0)
France's Consumer Confidence rose to 93 from 94 (consensus 95)
Swiss Consumption Indicator declined to 1.25 from 1.34
Among news of note:
G7 finance ministers and central bank officials have begun their three-day meeting in Dresden, Germany with Greece among the main issues on the agenda

5:49 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +5.50. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +12.80.

5:49 am: [BRIEFING.COM] Nikkei...20472.58...+35.10...+0.20%. Hang Seng...28081.21...-168.70...-0.60%.

5:49 am: [BRIEFING.COM] FTSE...6998.65...+49.70...+0.70%. DAX...11660.15...+35.00...+0.30%.

Special thanks to Bloomberg, Briefing, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance for their market summaries. gm

Best Regards,
M.A. Perry
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
Image@ http://twitter.com/wrbtrader Image@ http://stocktwits.com/wrbtrader

http://www.thestrategylab.com
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
Skype Messenger: kebec2002
wrbanalysis@gmail.com
Go Back To TheStrategyLab.com Homepage