TheStrategyLab.com Price Action Trading Support Forum

Forum for price action traders that want to learn WRB Analysis basic tutorial chapters 1, 2 and 3 prior to purchasing our advance trade methods. Hashtags: #wrbanalysis #wrbzone #wrbhiddengap #priceaction #trading
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: May 4th Monday Trade Results - Profit $500.00
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 6:20 am 
Site Admin

Trade Results of M.A. Perry
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
Price Action Trading (no technical indicators)
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
Free Chat Room: http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164
Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
questions@thestrategylab.com (24/7)
http://twitter.com/wrbtrader (24/7)

Attachment:
050415-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-PnL-Blotter-Profit+500.00.png
050415-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-PnL-Blotter-Profit+500.00.png [ 90.54 KiB | Viewed 294 times ]

click on the above image to view today's performance verification

Price Action Trade Performance for Today: Emini TF ($TF_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Emini ES ($ES_F) futures @ $500.00 dollars or +10.00 points, Light Crude Oil CL ($CL_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Gold GC ($GC_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points and EuroFX 6E ($6E_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.0000 ticks. Total Profit @ $500.00 dollars

Russell 2000 Emini TF Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ The ICE
S&P 500 Emini ES Futures: 1 tick or 0.25 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Light Crude Oil CL (WTI) Futures: 1 tick or 0.01 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Gold GC Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
EuroFX 6E Futures: 1 tick or 0.0001 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup

Trade Log: All of my trades were posted real-time in the timestamp ##TheStrategyLab free chat room. You can read today's price action trading information about my trades (e.g. time, price entry, contract size, price exit) as the trade traversed to its completion. Also, sometimes I'll post real-time trading tips in ##TheStrategyLab chat room involving WRBs, WRB Hidden GAPs, Key Market Events (KME), Tutorial Chapters 2 & 3, WRB Zones, Reaction Highs/Lows, Contracting Volatility or Expanding Volatility. Its all archived @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/ftchat/forum/viewtopic.php?f=143&t=2067

Quote:
All of my real-time posted trades involves price action concepts from the WRB Analysis free study guide, Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 4 - 12 and the Volatility Trading Report (VTR) trade signal strategies. Analysis -----> Trade Signals

Also, posted below are direct links to information about my price action trade methodology and trading plan (there's a difference between the two) that enables me to identify key trading areas in the price action that represent changes in supply/demand and volatility along with being able to exploit these changes via WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis). I'm primarily a day trader because it suits my personal lifestyle but I do occasionally swing trade and position trade. Simply, my trade method is applicable for position trading, swing trading and day trading.

Image ##TheStrategyLab Chat Room is free. Members and I use the chat room to post WRB Analysis commentary, real-time trades and to post anything else related to trading. The chat room helps me tremendously in my own trading because I use it to document (journal) general volatility analysis involving WRB Analysis so that I can easily review at a later date my thoughts as I interacted with the markets...info I can not get from my broker statements. Also, this is not a signal calling chat room where a head trader tells you when to buy or sell and I do not have the time/energy/resources to manage a signal calling chat room. Access instructions for chat room @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164

Image Price Action Analysis via Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/WRBAnalysisTutorials.htm and there's a free study guide of the WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1, 2 and 3 @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=718

Analysis -----> Trade Signals

Image Trade Signal Strategies via Volatility Trading Report (VTR) @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/VolatilityTrading.htm and there's a free trade signal strategy @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=89 so that you can freely test drive one of our price action trade strategies with support (answering your questions) prior to purchasing the Volatility Trading Report (VTR). All WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1 - 12 are included in the purchase of the Volatility Trading Report (VTR).

Image Trading Plan Daily Routine @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=263&t=2757

-----------------------------

Market Context Summaries

The below summaries by Bloomberg, Briefing, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance helps me to do a quick review of the fundamentals, FED/ECB/BOE/IMF actions or any important global economic events (e.g. Eurozone, MarketWatch.com) that had an impact on today's price action in many trading instruments I monitor during the trading day. Simply, I'm a strong believer that key market events causes key changes in supply/demand and volatility resulting in trade opportunities (swing points and strong continuation price actions) that reach profit targets. Thus, I pay attention to these key market events, intermarket analysis (e.g. Forex EurUsd, EuroFX 6E futures, Gold GC futures, Light Crude Oil (WTI) CL & Brent Oil futures, Eurex DAX futures, Euronext FTSE100 futures, Emini ES futures, Emini TF futures, Treasury ZB futures and U.S. Dollar Index futures) while using WRB Analysis from one trade to the next trade to give me the market context for price action trading before the appearance of my technical analysis trade signals. Therefore, I maintain these archives to allow me to understand what was happening on any given trading day in the past involving key market events to help better understand my trade decisions (day trading, swing trading, position trading)...something I can not get from my broker statements alone. Further, most financial websites remove (delete) their archives after a few years to make room for new content. Therefore, I maintain my own archives of the news content so that I have it available for me when financial websites no longer archives their content.

Attachment:
050415-Key-Price-Action-Markets.png
050415-Key-Price-Action-Markets.png [ 1.07 MiB | Viewed 297 times ]

click on the above image to view today's price action of key markets

4:10 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] The stock market kicked off the new trading week on an upbeat, albeit quiet, note. The Dow and S&P 500 gained 0.3% apiece while the Nasdaq Composite (+0.2%) slipped behind the broader market during afternoon action.

"Quiet" was the general theme on Monday as most global equity markets also posted gains while Japan's Nikkei and UK's FTSE were closed for holidays.

Seven of ten sectors finished in the green with financials (+1.0%) and utilities (+0.7%) ending in the lead. The countercyclical utilities sector lost the lead during the final hour while financials crept higher throughout the day, also overtaking the health care sector (+0.6%) during afternoon action.

Still, the health care space ended ahead of the broader market despite an intraday pullback in biotechnology. The iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 345.19, +1.19) was up more than 2.0% at the start, but narrowed its advance to 0.4% by the close. Furthermore, the ETF was pressured back below its 50-day moving average (349.00) after spiking above that level at the start.

Turning to the cyclical side, only the financial sector (+1.0%) could finish the day ahead of the S&P 500 while the other five growth-sensitive groups underperformed. The top-weighted technology sector (unch) spent the day behind the broader market with large cap names trading in mixed fashion. To that point, Google (GOOGL 552.84, +1.68) and IBM (IBM 173.97, +0.30) posted respective gains of 0.3% and 0.2% while Apple (AAPL 128.70, -0.25) and Microsoft (MSFT 48.24, -0.41) registered losses. Similarly, chipmakers lagged with the PHLX Semiconductor Index shedding 0.2%. The semiconductor index underperformed even as ON Semiconductor (ON 12.50, +0.69) spiked 5.8% following better than expected results.

On the downside, the energy sector (-0.2%) was an early leader, but the group surrendered its early gain during the opening hour and remained in negative territory until the close. Crude oil weighed, but the energy component managed to trim its loss to 0.3% by the close. WTI crude settled at $58.92/bbl, likely seeing some pressure from the second consecutive advance in the Dollar Index (95.43, +0.14).

Treasuries climbed during morning action, but reversed to lows following today's economic data with the 10-yr rising three basis points to 2.14%.

Today's participation was on the light side with fewer than 680 million shares changing hands at the NYSE floor.

Economic data was limited to the Factory Orders report for March, which increased 2.1% after declining a negatively revised 0.1% (from +0.2%) in February while the Briefing.com consensus expected an increase of 2.1%

The March gain was the first month-over-month increase since July 2014 with the bulk of the gain resulting from a 41.9% increase in March aircraft orders
Durable goods orders were revised up to 4.4% from 4.0% reported in the advance estimate
Excluding transportation, durable goods orders were revised up to +0.4% from -0.2%

Tomorrow, the Trade Balance for March (Briefing.com consensus -$40.00 billion) will be released at 8:30 ET while the April ISM Services report (consensus 56.4) will cross the wires at 10:00 ET.

Nasdaq Composite +5.9% YTD
S&P 500 +2.7% YTD
Russell 2000 +2.3% YTD
Dow Jones Industrial Average +1.4% YTD

3:35 pm: [BRIEFING.COM]

WTI crude oil lost steam today and finished below the $59/level
June crude ultimately finished floor trading -$0.19 at $58.92/barrel
In other energy, June nat gas rose $0.04 to $2.82/MMBtu
June gold rose $12.70 to $1186.90/oz, while May silver gained $0.30 to $16.41/oz despite modest strength in the dollar index
However, following this along with weak China econ data overnight, copper fell modestly

2:55 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] The S&P 500 trades higher by 0.4% with one hour remaining in the session. The benchmark index set its session high during the first 45 minutes of action and has traded within seven points of that level throughout the day.

Eight of ten sectors hold gains going into the final hour, but health care (+0.7%) is worth watching considering the biotech group has spent the day in a slow retreat from its early high while the broader health care sector has resisted the pressure.

On a separate note, the Dollar Index (95.50, +0.21) is on track to register its second consecutive advance after posting seven losses in a row.

2:25 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] Quiet afternoon action continues with the Dow, Nasdaq, and S&P 500 all up near 0.4% at this time.

Sector standing has not changed much with utilities (+1.3%), health care (+0.8%), and financials (+0.8%) trading ahead of the remaining sectors. Interestingly, the health care space has remained near its morning high even though the biotechnology group has surrendered the bulk of its advance. The iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 344.89, +0.89) has narrowed its gain to 0.3% after being rejected by its 50-day moving average (349.00).

Elsewhere, Treasuries remain just above their lows with the 10-yr yield higher by a basis point at 2.13%.

1:55 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] The major averages continue holding modest gains.

Manufacturer demand turned positive thanks to a spike in aircraft demand.

Manufacturing orders increased 2.1% in March after declining a negatively revised 0.1% (from +0.2%) in February. The Briefing.com Consensus expected manufacturing orders to increase 2.1%.

The March gain was the first month-over-month increase since July 2014. Unfortunately, almost the entire gain can be attributed to a bump in aircraft orders, which increased 41.9% in March.

Durable goods orders were revised up from 4.0% in the advance estimate to 4.4%. Durable goods orders declined 1.4% in February.

Excluding transportation, durable goods orders were revised up from -0.2% to +0.4%.

1:35 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] The major U.S. indices have retreated from this morning's higher levels but continue to sport modest gains.

Shares of Cisco (CSCO 29.23, +0.10) are fractionally higher after the company earlier announced its Board had appointed Senior Vice President of Worldwide Operations Chuck Robbins to replace John Chambers as CEO of the tech giant. Chambers, who has been CEO since 1995, will remain with the Board and assume the role of Executive Chairman. Elsewhere, shares in Pioneer Natural Resources (PXD 166.26, -5.36) are under pressure after Greenlight Capital's David Einhorn presented his negative stance on the fracking industry at the 20th annual Ira Sohn Investment Conference, detailing Pioneer as being "dramatically overvalued".

In commodities, WTI crude oil futures are now lower for the day (-0.37 to $58.78/bbl) after initially trading up this morning but failing to top $60/bbl,

12:55 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] The major averages sport modest midday gains with the S&P 500 trading higher by 0.3%. The benchmark index notched its high during the opening hour and has drifted within a few points of that mark since then.

Eight of ten sectors trade in the green at this time with the utilities sector (+1.3%) holding the lead. Similar to utilities, the countercyclical health care space (+0.8%) trades ahead of the broader market while the other two defensively-oriented groups-consumer staples (+0.3%) and telecom services (+0.3%)-have spent the first half a bit behind the broader market.

As for health care, the influential group has been lifted by biotechnology with iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 346.47, +2.47) looking to reclaim its 50-day moving average (349.06) after sliding below that level last Tuesday.

Conversely, the outperformance in the biotech space has helped the Nasdaq (+0.4%) trade a bit ahead of the broader market even as technology sector (+0.1%) components remain mixed. Chipmakers have struggled since the start with the PHLX Semiconductor Index trading lower by 0.3% while large cap names haven't fared that much better with Apple (AAPL 128.47, -0.48) turning negative during the past 30 minutes.

Elsewhere among cyclical sectors, financials (+0.7%) outperform while the energy sector (-0.4%) sits at the bottom of the leaderboard despite starting in the lead. The growth-sensitive group has followed in the footsteps of crude oil, which is now down 0.4% at $58.92/bbl.

On the fixed income side, Treasuries climbed through the morning, but they have reversed to new lows with the 10-yr yield higher by two basis points at 2.13%.

Economic data was limited to the Factory Orders report for March, which increased 2.1% after declining a negatively revised 0.1% (from +0.2%) in February while the Briefing.com consensus expected an increase of 2.1%

The March gain was the first month-over-month increase since July 2014 with the bulk of the gain resulting from a 41.9% increase in March aircraft orders
Durable goods orders were revised up to 4.4% from 4.0% reported in the advance estimate
Excluding transportation, durable goods orders were revised up to +0.4% from -0.2%

12:25 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] The stock market continues holding a modest gain with the Nasdaq Composite (+0.5%) once again trading ahead of the S&P 500 (+0.4%). That being said, the small-cap Russell 2000 (+0.6%) has traded ahead of the other indices since the early going.

However, the outperformance of the Russell 2000 has not translated into gains for all high-beta groups. To that point, chipmakers remain weak with the PHLX Semiconductor Index down 0.2% while biotech names continue showing strength. The iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 347.49, +3.49) is higher by 1.0%.

Also of note, transport stocks display strength with the Dow Jones Transportation Average trading higher by 0.5%.
Related Quotes

11:55 am: [BRIEFING.COM] Range-bound action continues with the S&P 500 holding an eight-point gain.

The top-weighted technology sector (+0.3%) continues trading a little behind the broader market, but two other influential groups-financials (+0.7%) and health care (+0.7%)-have offset the relative weakness.

Similar to health care, two other countercyclical groups-telecom services (+0.5%) and utilities (+1.1%)-outperform while the consumer staples sector (+0.2%) hovers just above its flat line. Tobacco stocks have pressured the sector with Philip Morris (PM 83.02, -0.37) and Reynolds American (RAI 73.72, -0.38) both down near 0.5% apiece.

11:25 am: [BRIEFING.COM] Not much change in the market with the key indices drifting near their recent levels. The Nasdaq Composite (+0.4%) displayed relative strength at the start, but the tech-heavy index now trades in-line with the broader market.

The Nasdaq has backed away from its early high amid some soft spots in the chipmaker group. The PHLX Semiconductor Index trades lower by 0.4% while the technology sector (-0.3%) remains behind the broader market. That being said, biotechnology has shown relative strength with the iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 346.18, +2.18) trading higher by 0.6%.

Elsewhere, Treasuries have surrendered their morning gains with the 10-yr yield returning to unchanged at 2.12%.

10:55 am: [BRIEFING.COM] The major averages remain near their early highs with the S&P 500 (+0.4%) holding a nine-point gain.

The energy sector was one of the early leaders, but the group has since turned negative and now trades lower by 0.3%. Meanwhile, crude oil has surrendered its overnight advance and is now down 0.9% at $58.63/bbl. Similarly, the other commodity-related sector-materials (-0.1%)-has also slumped from its early high.

As for other sectors, the heavily-weighted health care space (+0.8%) outperforms while technology (+0.3%) trades behind the broader market with chipmakers showing relative weakness. The PHLX Semiconductor Index is lower by 0.3%.

10:35 am: [BRIEFING.COM]

Oil is trading near its low of the session, after selling off today's high of $59.73/barrel, which came right after floor trading opened
Crude futures are modestly down -0.9% to $58.64/barrel, following a few variables including weak manufacturing data released by China
The weak Chinese manufacturing data is also weighing on Copper so far during morning trade, with the industrial metal down -0.4% to $2.92/lb
Mixed economic data out of Germany and France has put selling pressure on the dollar, which is trading down to slight gains from earlier highs.
The index is now +0.2% at 95.48
June gold and July silver are trading higher despite morning strength in the dollar. Gold and silver and are now +1.5% at $1191.90/oz and +3.3% at $16.67/oz respectively
June natural gas futures are down 0.5% to $2.76/MMBtu

10:00 am: [BRIEFING.COM] Equity indices have built on their opening gains with the S&P 500 now up 0.6% while the Nasdaq Composite (+0.7%) outperforms.

According to the just-released Factory Orders report for March, orders increased 2.1%, which was in-line with the Briefing.com consensus estimate.

9:40 am: [BRIEFING.COM] The major averages have climbed out of the gate amid strength in all ten sectors. The S&P 500 trades higher by 0.4% with the energy space (+0.6%) driving the early strength.

That being said, other influential sectors like industrials (+0.5%), health care (+0.5%), financials (+0.4%), and consumer discretionary (+0.4%) have also shown opening strength.

Elsewhere, the Dollar Index (95.33, +0.03) has returned to its flat line after showing early strength.

Treasuries remain on their highs with the 10-yr yield down two basis points at 2.10%.

The Factory Orders report for March (Briefing.com consensus 2.1%) will be released at 10:00 ET.

9:11 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +5.00. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +8.20. The stock market is on track for a modestly higher open as futures on the S&P 500 trade five points above fair value. Index futures have spent the night in a slow advance and they currently hover near their highs.

The overnight session was very quiet with trading volumes a bit below average as Japan's Nikkei and UK's FTSE were both closed for holidays. Meanwhile, most of the remaining Asian markets posted gains while European indices trade in the green at this juncture.

Domestically, investors have received a decent batch of quarterly reports, but most were from companies with a limited market impact. That being said, Comcast (CMCSA 59.70, +1.29) beat earnings and revenue estimates while Tyson Foods (TSN 40.67, +0.18) beat bottom-line expectations, but missed revenue estimates and guided lower.

Today's economic data will be limited to the 10:00 ET release of the Factory Orders report for March (Briefing.com consensus 2.1%).

Treasuries hold modest gains with the 10-yr yield lower by two basis points at 2.10%.

8:55 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +5.70. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +9.20. The S&P 500 futures trade six points above fair value.

Markets in the Asia-Pacific region finished Monday mostly higher, bolstered by Wall Street's strong showing on Friday and a downwardly revised HSBC manufacturing PMI reading out of China that stirred the pot of monetary policy stimulus speculation.

In economic data:
China's Final April HSBC Manufacturing PMI 48.9 (expected 49.4; prior 49.2)
India's April HSBC Manufacturing PMI 51.3 (expected 52.5; prior 52.1)
South Korea's April HSBC Manufacturing PMI 48.8 (expected 49.0; prior 49.2) and March Current Account KRW10.39 bln (prior KRW6.44 bln)
Australia's March Building Approvals +2.8% month-over-month (expected -2.0%; prior -1.6%); March Private House Approvals +1.1% (prior +0.2%); ANZ Job Advertisements +2.3% month-over-month (prior -1.3%); and April M1 Inflation Gauge +0.3% month-over-month (prior +0.4%)
Singapore's Q1 Unemployment Rate dropped to 1.8% from 1.9% (expected 2.0%)

------

Japan's Nikkei closed for Greenery Day
Hong Kong's Hang Seng ended Monday flat. Individual standouts included New World Development Co (+5.2%), Wharf Holdings Ltd (+4.8%), and Sun Hung Kai Properties (+4.1%). Leading decliners included Hang Lung Properties (-3.6%), China Resources Land (-2.8%), and Cathay Pacific Airways (-2.0%). Out of the 50 index members, 34 ended higher, 14 finished lower, and 2 were unchanged.
China's Shanghai Composite increased 0.9%, rebounding from an early 1.2% decline that followed the report of the final HSBC Manufacturing PMI reading for April being revised down to 48.9 from 49.2. A number below 50 denotes contraction. The turn in the market was catalyzed by the expectation of more monetary policy stimulus being provided. The industrial sector (+2.2%) helped pace gains for the Chinese market.

Major European indices trade higher across the board with Germany's DAX (+1.5%) in the lead. Elsewhere, according to AFP, Greek Finance Minister Yanis Varoufakis has been sidelined from discussions with European creditors. Meanwhile Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras' spokesperson said that "everything" is going to be decided this week.

Participants received several data points:
Eurozone Final April Manufacturing PMI 52.0 (consensus 51.9; prior 51.9) while May Sentix Investor Confidence fell to 19.6 from 20.0 (expected 19.8)
Germany's Final April Manufacturing PMI 52.1 (expected 51.9; previous 51.9)
France's Final April Manufacturing PMI 48.0 (consensus 48.4; prior 48.4)
Italy's Final April Manufacturing PMI 53.8 (expected 53.5; prior 53.3)
Spain's Final April Manufacturing PMI 54.2 (consensus 54.3; last 54.7)
Swiss April SVME PMI 47.9 (consensus 47.0; prior 47.9)

------

France's CAC trades higher by 1.2% with growth-sensitive names in the lead. ArcelorMittal, Alstom, Solvay, and Lafarge are up between 2.0% and 2.4%. Utilities trade in mixed fashion with Veolia Environnement up 3.7% and Electricite de France down 0.9%.
Germany's DAX has gained 1.5% with all but two names in the green. Basic materials outperform with K+S, HeidelbergCement, and ThyssenKrupp showing gains between 2.9% and 4.5%. Volkswagen lags, trading lower by 0.3%.
UK's FTSE is closed for Early May Bank Holiday.

8:28 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +5.40. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +8.40. U.S. equity futures continue holding modest gains with S&P 500 futures trading five points above fair value. Similar to futures, the Dollar Index (95.39, +0.09) has climbed overnight and currently trades near its best level of the day.

However, the greenback strength has not stopped crude oil from rallying. The energy component is currently higher by 0.3% at $59.32/bbl.

Elsewhere, Treasuries hold slim gains with the 10-yr yield lower by a basis point at 2.10%.

7:55 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +6.00. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +9.60. U.S. equity futures trade near their pre-market highs amid upbeat action overseas. The S&P 500 futures hover six points above fair value.

Meanwhile, the Dollar Index (95.55, +0.26) trades higher by 0.3%, attempting to register its second consecutive advance.

Today's economic data will be limited to the 10:00 ET release of the Factory Orders report for March (Briefing.com consensus 2.1%).

In U.S. corporate news of note:

Cognizant Technology (CTSH 61.60, +2.46): +4.2% in reaction to better than expected results.
Comcast (CMCSA 59.40, +0.99): +1.7% after beating earnings and revenue estimates.
ON Semiconductor (ON 12.28, +0.47): +4.0% following better than expected results.
Tyson Foods (TSN 40.60, +0.11): +0.3% after beating bottom-line estimates on light revenue and guiding lower.

Reviewing overnight developments:

Asian markets ended mixed. China's Shanghai Composite +0.9%, Hong Kong's Hang Seng settled flat, and Japan's Nikkei was closed for Greenery Day.
In economic data:
China's Final April HSBC Manufacturing PMI 48.9 (expected 49.4; prior 49.2)
India's April HSBC Manufacturing PMI 51.3 (expected 52.5; prior 52.1)
South Korea's April HSBC Manufacturing PMI 48.8 (expected 49.0; prior 49.2) and March Current Account KRW10.39 bln (prior KRW6.44 bln)
Australia's March Building Approvals +2.8% month-over-month (expected -2.0%; prior -1.6%); March Private House Approvals +1.1% (prior +0.2%); ANZ Job Advertisements +2.3% month-over-month (prior -1.3%); and April M1 Inflation Gauge +0.3% month-over-month (prior +0.4%)
Singapore's Q1 Unemployment Rate dropped to 1.8% from 1.9% (expected 2.0%)
In news:
China's HSBC Manufacturing PMI registered its largest contraction in a year with the new orders component also falling at a sharp rate.

Major European indices trade higher across the board. Germany's DAX +1.3%, France's CAC +1.0%, and UK's FTSE is closed for Early May Bank Holiday. Elsewhere, Italy's MIB +1.0% and Spain's IBEX +0.8%.
Participants received several data points:
Eurozone Final April Manufacturing PMI 52.0 (consensus 51.9; prior 51.9) while May Sentix Investor Confidence fell to 19.6 from 20.0 (expected 19.8)
Germany's Final April Manufacturing PMI 52.1 (expected 51.9; previous 51.9)
France's Final April Manufacturing PMI 48.0 (consensus 48.4; prior 48.4)
Italy's Final April Manufacturing PMI 53.8 (expected 53.5; prior 53.3)
Spain's Final April Manufacturing PMI 54.2 (consensus 54.3; last 54.7)
Swiss April SVME PMI 47.9 (consensus 47.0; prior 47.9)
Among news of note:
According to AFP, Greek Finance Minister Yanis Varoufakis has been sidelined from discussions with European creditors. Meanwhile Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras' spokesperson said that "everything" is going to be decided this week.

5:51 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +3.00. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -0.10.

5:50 am: [BRIEFING.COM] Nikkei...Holiday......... Hang Seng...28123.82...-9.20...0.00%.

5:50 am: [BRIEFING.COM] FTSE...6985.95...+25.30...+0.40%. DAX...11583.81...+129.30...+1.10%.

Special thanks to Bloomberg, Briefing, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance for their market summaries. gm

Best Regards,
M.A. Perry
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
Image@ http://twitter.com/wrbtrader Image@ http://stocktwits.com/wrbtrader

http://www.thestrategylab.com
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
Skype Messenger: kebec2002
questions@thestrategylab.com
Go Back To TheStrategyLab.com Homepage