TheStrategyLab.com Price Action Trading Support Forum

Forum for price action traders that want to learn WRB Analysis basic tutorial chapters 1, 2 and 3 prior to purchasing our advance trade methods. Hashtags: #wrbanalysis #wrbzone #wrbhiddengap #priceaction #trading
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: April 22nd Wednesday Trade Results - Profit $4315.00
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:14 am 
Site Admin

Trade Results of M.A. Perry
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
Price Action Trading (no technical indicators)
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
Free Chat Room: http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164
Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
questions@thestrategylab.com (24/7)
http://twitter.com/wrbtrader (24/7)

Attachment:
042215-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-PnL-Blotter-Profit+4315.00.png
042215-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-PnL-Blotter-Profit+4315.00.png [ 89.9 KiB | Viewed 348 times ]

click on the above image to view today's performance verification

Price Action Trade Performance for Today: Emini TF ($TF_F) futures @ $440.00 dollars or +4.40 points, Emini ES ($ES_F) futures @ $3,875.00 dollars or +77.50 points, Light Crude Oil CL ($CL_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Gold GC ($GC_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points and EuroFX 6E ($6E_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.0000 ticks. Total Profit @ $4,315.00 dollars

Russell 2000 Emini TF Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ The ICE
S&P 500 Emini ES Futures: 1 tick or 0.25 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Light Crude Oil CL (WTI) Futures: 1 tick or 0.01 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Gold GC Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
EuroFX 6E Futures: 1 tick or 0.0001 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup

Trade Log: All of my trades were posted real-time in the timestamp ##TheStrategyLab free chat room. You can read today's price action trading information about my trades (e.g. time, price entry, contract size, price exit) as the trade traversed to its completion. Also, sometimes I'll post real-time trading tips in ##TheStrategyLab chat room involving WRBs, WRB Hidden GAPs, Key Market Events (KME), Tutorial Chapters 2 & 3, WRB Zones, Reaction Highs/Lows, Contracting Volatility or Expanding Volatility. Its all archived @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/ftchat/forum/viewtopic.php?f=142&t=2057

Quote:
All of my real-time posted trades involves price action concepts from the WRB Analysis free study guide, Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 4 - 12 and the Volatility Trading Report (VTR) trade signal strategies. Analysis -----> Trade Signals

Also, posted below are direct links to information about my price action trade methodology and trading plan (there's a difference between the two) that enables me to identify key trading areas in the price action that represent changes in supply/demand and volatility along with being able to exploit these changes via WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis). I'm primarily a day trader because it suits my personal lifestyle but I do occasionally swing trade and position trade. Simply, my trade method is applicable for position trading, swing trading and day trading.

Image ##TheStrategyLab Chat Room is free. Members and I use the chat room to post WRB Analysis commentary, real-time trades and to post anything else related to trading. The chat room helps me tremendously in my own trading because I use it to document (journal) general volatility analysis involving WRB Analysis so that I can easily review at a later date my thoughts as I interacted with the markets...info I can not get from my broker statements. Also, this is not a signal calling chat room where a head trader tells you when to buy or sell and I do not have the time/energy/resources to manage a signal calling chat room. Access instructions for chat room @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164

Image Price Action Analysis via Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/WRBAnalysisTutorials.htm and there's a free study guide of the WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1, 2 and 3 @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=718

Analysis -----> Trade Signals

Image Trade Signal Strategies via Volatility Trading Report (VTR) @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/VolatilityTrading.htm and there's a free trade signal strategy @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=89 so that you can freely test drive one of our price action trade strategies with support (answering your questions) prior to purchasing the Volatility Trading Report (VTR). All WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1 - 12 are included in the purchase of the Volatility Trading Report (VTR).

Image Trading Plan Daily Routine @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=261&t=2728

-----------------------------

Market Context Summaries

The below summaries by Bloomberg, Briefing, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance helps me to do a quick review of the fundamentals, FED/ECB/BOE/IMF actions or any important global economic events (e.g. Eurozone, MarketWatch.com) that had an impact on today's price action in many trading instruments I monitor during the trading day. Simply, I'm a strong believer that key market events causes key changes in supply/demand and volatility resulting in trade opportunities (swing points and strong continuation price actions) that reach profit targets. Thus, I pay attention to these key market events, intermarket analysis (e.g. Forex EurUsd, EuroFX 6E futures, Gold GC futures, Light Crude Oil (WTI) CL & Brent Oil futures, Eurex DAX futures, Euronext FTSE100 futures, Emini ES futures, Emini TF futures, Treasury ZB futures and U.S. Dollar Index futures) while using WRB Analysis from one trade to the next trade to give me the market context for price action trading before the appearance of my technical analysis trade signals. Therefore, I maintain these archives to allow me to understand what was happening on any given trading day in the past involving key market events to help better understand my trade decisions (day trading, swing trading, position trading)...something I can not get from my broker statements alone. Further, most financial websites remove (delete) their archives after a few years to make room for new content. Therefore, I maintain my own archives of the news content so that I have it available for me when financial websites no longer archives their content.

Attachment:
042215-Key-Price-Action-Markets.png
042215-Key-Price-Action-Markets.png [ 1.1 MiB | Viewed 292 times ]

click on the above image to view today's price action of key markets

4:10 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] The major averages registered modest midweek gains with the S&P 500 (+0.5%) ending ahead of the Nasdaq Composite (+0.4%).

Overall, the Wednesday session was very quiet as the key indices spent the day in a slow advance. Intraday trading volume highlighted that dynamic, but more than 735 million shares changed hands at the NYSE floor by the close, representing the highest total of the week.

All ten sectors registered gains with the top-weighted technology sector (+1.1%) ending in the lead. The influential group was underpinned by daylong strength in shares of MasterCard (MA 91.20, +3.43) and Visa (V 68.01, +2.66) after it was reported China will allow foreign card processors to compete with UnionPay, which is the only company that processes yuan-denominated card payments at this time. Meanwhile, tech heavyweights like Apple (AAPL 128.62, +1.71), Google (GOOGL 549.18, +6.25), and Microsoft (MSFT 42.98, +0.35) joined the rally in progress.

On the earnings front, Broadcom (BRCM 46.18, +2.20) and VMWare (VMW 91.00, +5.60) posted respective gains of 5.0% and 6.6% after beating estimates while EMC (EMC 27.13, +0.81) rallied 3.1% despite missing estimates and guiding lower.

Elsewhere among cyclical sectors, financials (+0.7%) and energy (+0.6%) outperformed while the remaining sectors settled closer to their flat lines. Notably, the energy sector finished among the leaders even though crude oil fell 0.6% to $56.28/bbl.

Moving to the countercyclical side, the health care sector (+0.2%) was among the early leaders after Amgen (AMGN 169.10, +0.64) beat earnings estimates and guided higher; however, the stock narrowed its gain to 0.4% by the close after being up more than 2.5% at the start. Similarly, the iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 363.84, -0.66) surrendered its early gain and ended lower by 0.2%, which contributed to the underperformance of the Nasdaq Composite.

Going back to earnings, three Dow components reported their results today with Coca-Cola (KO 41.31, +0.53) and McDonald's (MCD 97.84, +2.97) posting respective gains of 1.3% and 3.1%. Shares of KO rallied in reaction to a bottom-line beat while McDonald's advanced despite missing earnings expectations. Also of note, Boeing (BA 151.19, -2.14) fell 1.4% after below-consensus revenue overshadowed better than expected earnings.

Treasuries slumped during morning action and extended their losses in the afternoon, sending the 10-yr yield higher by seven basis points to 1.98%.

Economic data included Existing Home Sales, FHFA Housing Price Index, and MBA Mortgage Index:

Existing home sales for March were reported to have increased 6.1% from February to an annualized rate of 5.19 million units while the Briefing.com consensus expected a reading of 5.05 million
The FHFA Housing Price Index for February rose 0.7%, which followed an unrevised increase of 0.3% in January
The weekly MBA Mortgage Index rose 2.3% to follow last week's 2.3% decline

Tomorrow, weekly Initial Claims will be released at 8:30 ET (Briefing.com consensus 288K) while the New Homes Sales report for March will cross the wires at 10:00 ET (consensus 520K).

Nasdaq Composite +6.3% YTD
Russell 2000 +5.1% YTD
S&P 500 +2.4% YTD
Dow Jones Industrial Average +1.2% YTD

3:40 pm: [BRIEFING.COM]

WTI crude oil futures ultimately ended today's session in the red following the API and EIA weekly storage data
June crude lost $0.41 today to $56.20/barrel
May nat gas ended with modest gains, rising $0.02 to $2.60/MMBtu
Following the morning sell-off in gold, silver and copper, losses held as all three commodities remained in negative territory for the rest of today's session
June gold lost $16.20 to $1186.80/oz, May silver -0.22% at $15.78/oz and May copper -0.03% to $2.67/lb.

3:00 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] The S&P 500 trades higher by 0.5% with one hour remaining in the midweek session. Although the benchmark index holds a solid gain into the final hour, today's affair has been very quiet. The S&P 500 made a brief appearance in the red shortly after the opening bell, but the index was back in the green by 11:00 ET and drifted higher into the afternoon.

Below-average trading volume has underscored the quiet affair with fewer than 450 million shares having changed hands at the NYSE floor so far today. The A/D line continues favoring the bulls with 1.4 names trading in the green for each decliner.

2:25 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] Quiet afternoon action continues with the S&P 500 (+0.5%) hovering just beneath its session high.

All ten sectors are now in the green, but the technology space (+1.0%) remains in the lead. The top-weighted sector has built on its advance with chipmakers also padding their earlier gains. The PHLX Semiconductor Index is now up 1.2%.

Elsewhere, Treasuries remain near their lows with the 10-yr yield higher by six basis points at 1.97%.

1:55 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] The major averages remain near their highs.

The March existing home sales data was the first positive surprise from an economically meaningful number over the past few weeks.

Existing home sales increased 6.1% in March to 5.19 mln SAAR from an upwardly revised 4.89 mln SAAR (from 4.88 mln SAAR) in February. The Briefing.com Consensus expected existing home sales to increase to 5.05 mln.

The underlying conditions in March showed an improving buying season as demand transitioned from investors to first-time homebuyers.

Altogether, March sales were the strongest since the same number of units were sold in September 2013.

1:30 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] The major U.S. indices maintain their slow drift higher and are currently resting just under their intra-day highs. With today's gains, all ten S&P sectors are sporting gains for the month of April.

In commodities, WTI crude oil futures are effectively unchanged despite the earlier EIA inventory data showing a larger build than expected.

In equities, notable earnings after the close are expected from AT&T (T 32.74, +0.08), Qualcomm (QCOM 69.03, +0.46), eBay (EBAY 56.77, +0.35), and Facebook (FB 84.07, +0.45) among others.

12:55 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] The major averages hold modest midday gains with the S&P 500 (+0.3%) trading ahead of the Nasdaq Composite (+0.2%).

Once again, the first half of today's session has been very quiet with the market respecting a narrow range. To that point, the S&P 500 surrendered its opening four-point gain during the initial hour, but was able to climb to a fresh high just an hour after hitting its session low. Since then, the index has bounced around a three-point range.

Seven sectors trade in the green at midday while the three decliners show losses of no more than 0.1% (consumer staples). On the flip side, the technology sector (+0.8%) leads with card processors MasterCard (MA 91.80, +4.03) and Visa (V 68.51, +3.16) showing respective gains of 4.6% and 4.8% after it was reported China will allow foreign card processors to compete with UnionPay, which is the only company that processes yuan-denominated card payments at this time.

Similar to the tech sector, the PHLX Semiconductor Index is higher by 0.9% thanks to better than expected results from Broadcom (BRCM 46.05, +2.07) with the stock trading higher by 4.7%.

However, another high-beta group-biotechnology-has surrendered its early gain even though Amgen (AMGN 169.04, +0.58) beat earnings and revenue estimates. Shares of AMGN remain higher by 0.4% while the iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 363.62, -0.88) has dipped into negative territory. Similarly, the health care sector hovers just below its flat line.

In other earnings of note, Dow component Boeing (BA 149.99, -3.34) has given up 2.2% after reporting a bottom-line beat on below-consensus revenue.

Treasuries hover near their lows with the 10-yr yield higher by six basis points at 1.97%.

Economic data included Existing Home Sales, FHFA Housing Price Index, and MBA Mortgage Index:

Existing home sales for March were reported to have increased 6.1% from February to an annualized rate of 5.19 million units while the Briefing.com consensus expected a reading of 5.05 million
The FHFA Housing Price Index for February rose 0.7%, which followed an unrevised increase of 0.3% in January
The weekly MBA Mortgage Index rose 2.3% to follow last week's 2.3% decline

12:30 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] Not much change in the market with the S&P 500 trading higher by 0.3% while the Nasdaq Composite (+0.1%) follows a little behind.

The tech-heavy Nasdaq has been kept behind the broader market due to continued relative weakness in the biotechnology space that has the iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 364.28, -0.22) trading near its flat line. Similarly, the health care sector trades little changed after starting the day ahead of other groups.

Meanwhile, the technology sector (+0.7%) holds the lead with Facebook (FB 84.16, +0.54) trading higher by 0.7% ahead of this evening's quarterly report.

11:55 am: [BRIEFING.COM] Equity indices remain near their recent levels with the technology sector (+0.7%) holding the lead.

Similar to technology, a couple other cyclical sectors-energy (+0.6%) and financials (+0.6%)-trade ahead of the broader market while the remaining cyclical groups hover just below their flat lines.

Interestingly, the energy sector has been able to rally despite a 0.5% decline in the price of crude oil, which currently hovers near $56.37/bbl. Thanks to today's gain, the energy sector is now up 5.6% for the month, trading well ahead of the second-best performing group-technology (+2.2% month-to-date).

11:25 am: [BRIEFING.COM] The major averages remain near their recent levels with the S&P 500 trading higher by 0.2%.

The benchmark index hovers near its high even though only four sectors continue holding gains while health care (-0.1%) has turned negative. On the flip side, the top-weighted technology sector (+0.6%) has overtaken financials (+0.5%) for the lead.

Most large cap tech names sport modest gains, but MasterCard (MA 91.73, +3.96) and Visa (V 69.18, +3.83) hold respective gains of 4.6% and 5.7% with the strength attributed to news that China will allow foreign card processors to compete with UnionPay, which is the only company that processes yuan-denominated card payments at this time.

Meanwhile, chipmakers trade in-line with the sector after Broadcom (BRCM 45.96, +1.98) reported better than expected results.

10:55 am: [BRIEFING.COM] The Dow (+0.3%) and S&P 500 (+0.2%) have climbed to new highs for the day while the Nasdaq (unch) remains near its flat line.

Interestingly, the Nasdaq has not been able to revisit its early high due to newfound weakness in biotechnology. The iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 363.53, -0.97) is now down 0.3% after showing gains at the start of the session. Similarly, Amgen (AMGN 169.05, +0.59), which reported better than expected results, has retreated from its high. For its part, the health care sector has narrowed its gain to 0.1%.

However, the pullback in health care has been offset by a spike among financials (+0.6%), with the sector now trading ahead of the remaining nine groups.

10:35 am: [BRIEFING.COM]

Strength in the dollar index in early morning trade has weighed on precious metals, leading to a strong downward price trend in both gold and silver futures so far this session.
In most recent trade, gold and silver extended losses sharply which led to new lows for today.
June gold is now -1.2% at $1188.20/oz while May silver is -1.9% at $15.71/oz . The dollar index is also at -0.1% to 97.94
Crude oil sold off in yesterday's session following bearish API data, which showed a US inventory build of 5.5 mln barrels
Oil saw a rally all morning however, climbing back to near flat ahead of EIA data.
Ultimately, following the data Crude spiked higher to above $57/barrel and is now trading +0.1% to $56.68/barrel
Natural gas futures have been showing strength during most the session, now trading +0.9% at $2.60/MMBtu
May copper is -0.5% at $2.69/lb

10:00 am: [BRIEFING.COM] The S&P 500 trades just above its flat line.

Just released, existing home sales for March were reported to have increased 6.1% from February to an annualized rate of 5.19 million units (Briefing.com consensus 5.05 million).

9:40 am: [BRIEFING.COM] The stock market began the day with a slight gain. The S&P 500 trades higher by 0.2% with five sectors in the green.

Heavily-weighted health care (+0.3%) and technology (+0.3%) have shown opening strength while materials (-0.3%) and utilities (-0.3%) occupy the bottom of the leaderboard. It is worth mentioning that, together, the two laggards represent just 6.5% of the entire market, while health care and technology account for nearly a third of the entire market.

Elsewhere, Treasuries have slid to new lows, sending the 10-yr yield higher by two basis points to 1.93%.

The Existing Home Sales report for March will be released at 10:00 ET (Briefing.com consensus 5.05 million).

9:12 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +4.20. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +11.40. The stock market is on track for a modestly higher open as futures on the S&P 500 trade four points above fair value. Index futures have returned into the green during recent action after sliding from highs at the start of the session in Europe, where most indices have climbed off their lows.

Turning back to the U.S., investors have received a heavy dose of earnings since yesterday's closing bell with most results coming in ahead of estimates. Furthermore, year-over-year revenue growth has been a bit more common than what was observed in recent days. Dow components Coca-Cola (KO 41.60, +0.82) and Boeing (BA 151.57, -1.76) beat their respective bottom-line estimates while McDonald's (MCD 97.15, +2.28) reported below-consensus results that included an 11.1% year-over-year decline in revenue.

Also of note, biotechnology names are on track for a higher open after Amgen (AMGN 173.60, +5.14) reported better than expected results and issued upbeat guidance.

Treasuries are little changed with the 10-yr yield at 1.90%.

The Existing Home Sales report for March will be released at 10:00 ET (Briefing.com consensus 5.05 million).

9:01 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +3.70. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +10.40. The S&P 500 futures trade four points above fair value.

The FHFA Housing Price Index for February rose 0.7%, which followed an unrevised increase of 0.3% in January.

8:32 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: -3.30. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -6.10. The S&P 500 futures trade three points below fair value.

Wednesday produced a mixed outing for Asian-Pacific markets, yet the Big Three -- the Nikkei, the Hang Seng, and the Shanghai Composite -- all traded higher. The Shanghai was the big mover with a 2.4% gain, yet the Nikkei stole many of the headlines with a close above 20,000 and a push to its highest level in 15 years that followed Japan reporting its first trade surplus in nearly three years.

In economic data:
Japan's March Adjusted Trade Balance JPY0.00 trillion (expected -JPY410 billion; prior -JPY570 billion) as Exports +8.5% year-over-year (expected +8.5%; prior +2.4%) and Imports -14.5% year-over-year (expected -12.8%; prior -3.6%)
Australia's Q1 CPI +0.2% quarter-over-quarter; +1.3% year-over-year. Both figures matched estimates

------

Japan's Nikkei increased 1.3%, closing above the psychologically-important 20,000 level and at a 15-year high. Trade was bolstered by the report showing the country's first trade surplus in nearly three years. The financial sector (+2.4%) led a broad-based advance that saw only the energy sector (-1.1%) not participate. Leading gainers included Sony Financial Holdings (+6.7%), Tokyo Dome Corp (+5.4%), Nitto Boseki Co (+4.6%), Nomura Holdings (+4.5%), and Kawasaki Heavy Industries (+4.5%). Out of the 225 index members, 168 ended higher, 49 finished lower, and 8 were unchanged.
Hong Kong's Hang Seng increased 0.3%, led by strength in the financial (+1.1%) and diversified (+1.0%) sectors. China Resources Power Holdings (+12.3%), China Merchants Holdings (+7.4%), China Resources Land (+5.6%), China Overseas Land & Investment (+5.4%), and Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing (+2.7%) topped the list of winners. Belle Intl (-3.5%), Sands China (-2.3%), CNOOC (-1.2%), and China Mobile (-1.2%) paced the decliners. Out of the 50 index members, 27 ended higher, 21 finished lower, and 2 were unchanged.
China's Shanghai Composite increased 2.4% and finished at its high for the day. The Shanghai Composite is up 2.6% week-to-date and 36.0% since the end of 2014. The Chinese market was paced by strength in the financial (+4.0%), technology (+3.2%), and consumer cyclical (+2.5%) sectors.

Major European indices trade mostly lower with Germany's DAX (-0.8%) pacing the decline. The European Central Bank has raised Greece's Emergency Liquidity Assistance allowance by EUR1.50 billion to EUR75.50 billion, according to Germany's Handelsblatt.

Economic data was limited:
Italy's February Retail Sales -0.2% month-over-month (expected 0.3%; prior 0.2%); +0.1% year-over-year (last 1.2%). Separately, Industrial Sales +0.4% month-over-month (expected -1.6%; last -1.7%)

------

Germany's DAX trades lower by 0.8% with all but five names in the red. Health care names are among the laggards with Bayer and Merck down 1.4% and 1.0%, respectively. Meanwhile, financials outperform with Commerzbank and Deutsche Bank holding respective gains of 1.7% and 1.2%.
UK's FTSE is lower by 0.7% amid broad weakness. Financials, Hargreaves Lansdown, Schroders, and Standard Chartered are down between 1.4% and 5.0% while Rolls-Royce outperforms with a gain of 3.3% after appointing Warren East as the new Chief Executive Officer.
In France, the CAC trades down 0.2% with consumer names under pressure. Accor, Kering, LVMH, and L'Oreal are down between 0.8% and 5.2% while financials outperform. BNP Paribas has jumped 2.9% while Credit Agricole trades higher by 1.6%.

7:58 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: -2.90. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -5.60. U.S. equity futures trade modestly lower amid cautious action overseas. The S&P 500 futures hover three points below fair value after sliding into the red at the start of the European session.

This week has gotten off to a quiet start on the economic front, but today's session will be a bit different. The weekly MBA Mortgage Index rose 2.3% to follow last week's 2.3% decline.

Moving on, the February FHFA Housing Price Index will be released at 9:00 ET while the Existing Home Sales report for March will cross at 10:00 ET (Briefing.com consensus 5.05 million).

Treasuries are little changed with the 10-yr yield at 1.91%.

In U.S. corporate news of note:

Amgen (AMGN 172.31, +3.85): +2.3% after beating estimates and guiding higher.
AutoNation (AN 66.50, +1.60): +2.5% after beating expectations.
Boeing (BA 153.65, +0.32): +0.2% in reaction to above-consensus earnings on light revenue.
Broadcom (BRCM 46.70, +2.72): +6.2% following better than expected earnings and revenue.
Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG 657.00, -35.52): -5.1% after beating bottom-line estimates on light revenue.
Coca-Cola (KO 42.05, +1.27): +3.4% after beating earnings expectations.
DR Horton (DHI 28.56, 0.00): UNCH following above-consensus results.
EMC (EMC 25.77, -0.55): -2.1% after missing estimates and lowering its guidance due to currency headwinds.
Yahoo! (YHOO 45.10, +0.61): +1.4% despite missing earnings and revenue estimates.
Yum! Brands (YUM 84.40, +3.55): +4.4% in reaction to a bottom-line beat.
VMware (VMW 86.00, +0.60): +0.7% after reporting a two-cent beat.

Reviewing overnight developments:

Asian markets ended mixed, but the major indices posted gains. Hong Kong's Hang Seng +0.3%, China's Shanghai Composite +2.4%, and Japan's Nikkei +1.1%.
In economic data:
Japan's March Adjusted Trade Balance JPY0.00 trillion (expected -JPY410 billion; prior -JPY570 billion) as Exports +8.5% year-over-year (expected +8.5%; prior +2.4%) and Imports -14.5% year-over-year (expected -12.8%; prior -3.6%)
Australia's Q1 CPI +0.2% quarter-over-quarter; +1.3% year-over-year. Both figures matched estimates
In news:
Australia's CPI came in well below the Reserve Bank of Australia's target of 2-3%, leading to increased expectations that the central bank will cut its cash rate at the May 5 policy meeting.

Major European indices trade mostly lower. Germany's DAX -0.6%, UK's FTSE -0.6%, and France's CAC -0.3%. Elsewhere, Italy's MIB +0.5% and Spain's IBEX -0.6%.
Participants received several data points:
Italy's February Retail Sales -0.2% month-over-month (expected 0.3%; prior 0.2%); +0.1% year-over-year (last 1.2%). Separately, Industrial Sales +0.4% month-over-month (expected -1.6%; last -1.7%)
Among news of note:
The Bank of England released the minutes from its latest meeting, but there were no surprises in the document with all nine members voicing continued support for staying on hold.
The European Central Bank has raised Greece's Emergency Liquidity Assistance allowance by EUR1.50 billion to EUR75.50 billion, according to Germany's Handelsblatt.

5:48 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: -4.00. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -11.80.

5:48 am: [BRIEFING.COM] Nikkei...20133.90...+224.80...+1.10%. Hang Seng...27933.85...+83.40...+0.30%.

5:48 am: [BRIEFING.COM] FTSE...7020.13...-42.80...-0.60%. DAX...11850.67...-92.00...-0.80%.

Special thanks to Bloomberg, Briefing, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance for their market summaries. gm

Best Regards,
M.A. Perry
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
Image@ http://twitter.com/wrbtrader Image@ http://stocktwits.com/wrbtrader

http://www.thestrategylab.com
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
Skype Messenger: kebec2002
questions@thestrategylab.com
Go Back To TheStrategyLab.com Homepage