TheStrategyLab.com Price Action Trading Support Forum

Forum for price action traders that want to learn WRB Analysis basic tutorial chapters 1, 2 and 3 prior to purchasing our advance trade methods. Hashtags: #wrbanalysis #wrbzone #wrbhiddengap #priceaction #trading
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: April 21st Tuesday Trade Results - Profit $1000.00
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:43 pm 
Site Admin

Trade Results of M.A. Perry
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
Price Action Trading (no technical indicators)
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
Free Chat Room: http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164
Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
questions@thestrategylab.com (24/7)
http://twitter.com/wrbtrader (24/7)

Attachment:
042115-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-PnL-Blotter-Profit+1000.00.png
042115-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-PnL-Blotter-Profit+1000.00.png [ 89.66 KiB | Viewed 304 times ]

click on the above image to view today's performance verification

Price Action Trade Performance for Today: Emini TF ($TF_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Emini ES ($ES_F) futures @ $1,000.00 dollars or +20.00 points, Light Crude Oil CL ($CL_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Gold GC ($GC_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points and EuroFX 6E ($6E_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.0000 ticks. Total Profit @ $1,000.00 dollars

Russell 2000 Emini TF Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ The ICE
S&P 500 Emini ES Futures: 1 tick or 0.25 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Light Crude Oil CL (WTI) Futures: 1 tick or 0.01 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Gold GC Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
EuroFX 6E Futures: 1 tick or 0.0001 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup

Trade Log: All of my trades were posted real-time in the timestamp ##TheStrategyLab free chat room. You can read today's price action trading information about my trades (e.g. time, price entry, contract size, price exit) as the trade traversed to its completion. Also, sometimes I'll post real-time trading tips in ##TheStrategyLab chat room involving WRBs, WRB Hidden GAPs, Key Market Events (KME), Tutorial Chapters 2 & 3, WRB Zones, Reaction Highs/Lows, Contracting Volatility or Expanding Volatility. Its all archived @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/ftchat/forum/viewtopic.php?f=142&t=2056

Quote:
All of my real-time posted trades involves price action concepts from the WRB Analysis free study guide, Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 4 - 12 and the Volatility Trading Report (VTR) trade signal strategies. Analysis -----> Trade Signals

Also, posted below are direct links to information about my price action trade methodology and trading plan (there's a difference between the two) that enables me to identify key trading areas in the price action that represent changes in supply/demand and volatility along with being able to exploit these changes via WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis). I'm primarily a day trader because it suits my personal lifestyle but I do occasionally swing trade and position trade. Simply, my trade method is applicable for position trading, swing trading and day trading.

Image ##TheStrategyLab Chat Room is free. Members and I use the chat room to post WRB Analysis commentary, real-time trades and to post anything else related to trading. The chat room helps me tremendously in my own trading because I use it to document (journal) general volatility analysis involving WRB Analysis so that I can easily review at a later date my thoughts as I interacted with the markets...info I can not get from my broker statements. Also, this is not a signal calling chat room where a head trader tells you when to buy or sell and I do not have the time/energy/resources to manage a signal calling chat room. Access instructions for chat room @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164

Image Price Action Analysis via Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/WRBAnalysisTutorials.htm and there's a free study guide of the WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1, 2 and 3 @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=718

Analysis -----> Trade Signals

Image Trade Signal Strategies via Volatility Trading Report (VTR) @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/VolatilityTrading.htm and there's a free trade signal strategy @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=89 so that you can freely test drive one of our price action trade strategies with support (answering your questions) prior to purchasing the Volatility Trading Report (VTR). All WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1 - 12 are included in the purchase of the Volatility Trading Report (VTR).

Image Trading Plan Daily Routine @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=261&t=2728

-----------------------------

Market Context Summaries

The below summaries by Bloomberg, Briefing, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance helps me to do a quick review of the fundamentals, FED/ECB/BOE/IMF actions or any important global economic events (e.g. Eurozone, MarketWatch.com) that had an impact on today's price action in many trading instruments I monitor during the trading day. Simply, I'm a strong believer that key market events causes key changes in supply/demand and volatility resulting in trade opportunities (swing points and strong continuation price actions) that reach profit targets. Thus, I pay attention to these key market events, intermarket analysis (e.g. Forex EurUsd, EuroFX 6E futures, Gold GC futures, Light Crude Oil (WTI) CL & Brent Oil futures, Eurex DAX futures, Euronext FTSE100 futures, Emini ES futures, Emini TF futures, Treasury ZB futures and U.S. Dollar Index futures) while using WRB Analysis from one trade to the next trade to give me the market context for price action trading before the appearance of my technical analysis trade signals. Therefore, I maintain these archives to allow me to understand what was happening on any given trading day in the past involving key market events to help better understand my trade decisions (day trading, swing trading, position trading)...something I can not get from my broker statements alone. Further, most financial websites remove (delete) their archives after a few years to make room for new content. Therefore, I maintain my own archives of the news content so that I have it available for me when financial websites no longer archives their content.

Attachment:
042115-Key-Price-Action-Markets.png
042115-Key-Price-Action-Markets.png [ 1.09 MiB | Viewed 313 times ]

click on the above image to view today's price action of key markets

4:10 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] The stock market ended Tuesday on a mixed note with the Dow and S&P 500 losing 0.5% and 0.2%, respectively, while the Nasdaq Composite (+0.4%) outperformed.

Today's session was relatively quiet as equity indices diverged during the opening hour of action and maintained narrow ranges into the afternoon. The S&P 500 opened with a nine-point gain, but was back near its flat line before the opening hour ended.

For its part, the Nasdaq spent the day near its early high thanks to solid gains among biotech names after Teva Pharmaceutical (TEVA 64.14, +0.85) offered to acquire Mylan (MYL 74.11, +6.06) for $82.00/share in cash and stock. The two names posted respective gains of 1.3% and 8.9% while the iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 364.50, +6.55) settled higher by 1.8%. Furthermore, the health care sector advanced 0.7% and was the only sector with a gain larger than 0.1%.

Meanwhile, the consumer discretionary space (+0.1%) was the second-best performer with homebuilders showing broad strength. DR Horton (DHI 28.53, +0.49) jumped 1.8% ahead of tomorrow's earnings report while the broader iShares Dow Jones US Home Construction ETF (ITB 27.87, +0.39) gained 1.4%. On the earnings front, Under Armour (UA 83.54, -4.22) tumbled 4.8% after reporting in-line results and guiding below analyst expectations.

In other earnings, four Dow components delivered bottom-line beats since yesterday, but only one-Travelers (TRV 101.88, -4.26)-showed year-over-year revenue growth while United Technologies (UTX 116.95, +0.44), DuPont (DD 70.69, -2.15), and IBM (IBM 164.26, -1.90) saw their top lines contract.

Overall, cyclical sectors were responsible for the slide from opening highs with four of six growth-sensitive groups registering larger losses than the S&P 500. The energy sector (-1.0%) finished at the bottom while crude oil fell 2.3% to $56.58/bbl. The dollar was not a big factor today as the Dollar Index (97.96, +0.02) surrendered its modest overnight gain during morning action.

Elsewhere among cyclical groups, financials (-0.5%) and industrials (-0.2%) lagged with the latter pressured by General Electric (GE 26.62, -0.40). The conglomerate surrendered 1.5% while transport stocks overcame their early weakness. The Dow Jones Transportation Average added 0.3% even though Kansas City Southern (KSU 105.17, -2.20) lost 2.1% after missing bottom-line estimates.

Treasuries ended on their lows after sliding from their overnight highs, sending the 10-yr yield up two basis points to 1.91%.

Today's participation was relatively light with fewer than 700 million shares changing hands at the NYSE floor.

Investors did not receive any economic data today, but tomorrow's session will include the 7:00 ET release of the weekly MBA Mortgage Index, February FHFA Housing Price Index at 9:00 ET, and the Existing Home Sales report for March at 10:00 ET (Briefing.com consensus 5.05 million).

Nasdaq Composite +5.9% YTD
Russell 2000 +4.9% YTD
S&P 500 +1.9% YTD
Dow Jones Industrial Average +0.7% YTD

3:40 pm: [BRIEFING.COM]

The dollar index is back near the flat line in afternoon trade
WTI crude oil sold off in afternoon trade, but held above the $56/area
June crude finished the day $0.03 lower at $57.88/barrel
May nat gas gained $0.04 to $2.58/MMBtu
Gold held above $1200/oz.. ending +$9.5 at $1203.00/oz, while May silver ended $0.11 higher at $16.00/oz

3:00 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] The S&P 500 trades lower by 0.1% with one hour remaining in the session. The benchmark index held a modest gain at the start of today's session, but a pullback during the opening hour has kept the index near its flat line since the opening slide.

Investors received a full batch of earnings this morning and more results will be released after the close with a few tech names like Broadcom (BRCM 43.95, +0.33), Yahoo! (YHOO 44.56, -0.09), VMware (VMW 85.47, +1.20), and Cree (CREE 35.82, +0.72) on the schedule.

2:30 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] Equity indices have not done much in recent action with the S&P 500 remaining just below its flat line.

Six sectors continue showing losses while the consumer discretionary space has extended its advance to 0.3%. Homebuilders have contributed to the relative strength with the iShares Dow Jones US Home Construction ETF (ITB 27.83, +0.35) trading higher by 1.3%. However, apparel names are mixed with Under Armour (UA 83.62, -4.14) down 4.7% after reporting in-line results and guiding below analyst expectations.

Elsewhere, Treasuries have slipped to new lows, pushing the 10-yr yield up to 1.91% (+2 bps).

1:55 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] The major averages remain near their recent levels.

With no notable economic releases, we look ahead to Friday's durable goods report.

Durable goods orders declined 1.4% in February after increasing 1.9% in January. The Briefing.com Consensus expects durable goods orders increased 0.5% in March.

Aircraft orders, which provided the bulk of the January gains, pulled back in February.

The underlying data from Boeing (BA) in March is a little harder to dissect. In terms of numbers, aircraft orders fell from 72 units in February to 39 in March. In dollar value, orders actually increased month-to-month in March. Seasonal adjustments, however, could play a role as orders were down significantly from a year ago in terms of both dollar value and number of units sold.

1:30 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] The major U.S. indices maintain their slow drift off earlier lows, with the S&P 500 posting small gains in recent trade and the Dow Jones Industrial Average attempting to recapture 18,000.

In commodities, select weakness in WTI crude oil (-1.5% to $57/bbl) continues to weigh on the energy sector (-0.8%) ahead of tonight's API inventory data.

At the top of the hour, the U.S. Justice Department announced it had arrested and charged a UK futures trader in relation to the May 2010 'Flash Crash'. The complaint alleges that Navinder Singh Sarao used an automated program to manipulate the E-Mini S&P 500 futures contracts markets, which contributed to the significant decline in the U.S. stock market.

After the bell, some notable earnings expected to be released include Yahoo (YHOO 44.72, +0.06), Amgen (AMGN 168.28, +2.31), Discover Financial (DFS 59.54, +0.05), Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG 698.12, +11.19), and numerous others.

12:55 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] The major averages are mixed at midday with the Dow (-0.4%) and S&P 500 (-0.1%) hovering in the red while the Nasdaq (+0.5%) remains not far below its opening high.

Equity indices began the Tuesday session on an upbeat note after more than 75 companies reported their earnings between yesterday's closing bell and today's open. However, relative weakness among most cyclical sectors has forced the S&P 500 beneath its flat line. Only four sectors remain in the green at this time and health care (+0.6%) is the only sector with a midday gain larger than 0.1%.

The countercyclical health care space has been boosted by biotechnology after Teva Pharmaceutical (TEVA 64.41, +1.12) offered to acquire Mylan (MYL 74.70, +6.66) for $82.00/share in cash and stock. The two names hold respective gains of 1.8% and 9.8% while the iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 363.88, +5.93) is higher by 1.7%, lending support to the Nasdaq Composite.

Meanwhile, the price-weighted Dow Jones Industrial Average has been pressured by losses in 22 of its 30 components. Four Dow members reported better than expected earnings, but only United Technologies (UTX 117.15, +0.64) has been able to stay in the green while DuPont (DD 70.64, -2.20), IBM (IBM 164.12, -2.04), and Travelers (TRV 102.88, -3.26) sit in the red. Furthermore, it is worth mentioning that Travelers was the only Dow component to report year-over-year revenue growth, but the stock is lower by 3.1%, contributing to the underperformance of the financial sector (-0.3%).

Elsewhere among cyclical groups, energy (-0.8%) and industrials (-0.5%) weigh while the technology sector (+0.1%) hovers just above its flat line. Large cap components have struggled through the first half, but chipmakers have offset some of that weakness with the PHLX Semiconductor Index up 0.5%.

Treasuries have turned negative after erasing their overnight gains, pushing the 10-yr yield higher by a basis point to 1.90%.

12:25 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] Equity indices remain near their recent levels with the S&P 500 trading just below its flat line.

Four sectors trade in the green, but only the health care space (+0.7%) displays a gain larger than 0.1% at this juncture. The countercyclical sector received a boost in the early going after Teva Pharmaceutical (TEVA 64.51, +1.22) offered to acquire Mylan (MYL 74.53, +6.49) for $82.00/share in cash and stock.

Thanks to today's gain, the health care sector is up 1.2% for the week, only trailing the technology sector, which gained 1.8% yesterday and trades little changed today.

Elsewhere, Treasuries remain in the red with the 10-yr yield up a basis point at 1.90%.

11:55 am: [BRIEFING.COM] The Dow (-0.4%) and S&P 500 (-0.2%) have widened their losses while the Nasdaq (+0.4%) continues showing relative strength thanks to daylong outperformance in the biotech group.

The iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 364.76, +6.81) is now up 1.9% while the broader health care sector (+0.6%) is the only group remaining in the green.

On the flip side, the materials sector (-1.1%) is the weakest performer, but it is worth noting the sector represents just 3.5% of the market. Meanwhile, heavily-weighted energy (-0.8%), industrials (-0.6%), and financials (-0.3%) display slimmer losses.

11:25 am: [BRIEFING.COM] The S&P 500 (+0.1%) continues hovering just above its flat line while the Nasdaq Composite (+0.5%) remains just below its session high.

Elsewhere, the Dollar Index (97.80, -0.14) held an overnight gain, but is now down 0.1% after sliding to lows in recent action. As a result, the euro is now up 0.2% against the dollar (1.0760) after being down more than 0.5% earlier.

On a somewhat related note, Treasuries remain near their session lows with the benchmark 10-yr yield up a basis point at 1.90%.

10:55 am: [BRIEFING.COM] Recent action saw a pullback among the major averages with the Dow (-0.3%) and S&P 500 turning negative while the Nasdaq Composite (+0.4%) maintains a slim gain.

The pullback from opening highs has been rooted in cyclical sectors with five of six growth-sensitive groups trading in the red. The technology sector remains in the green, but that slight uptick appears to be in jeopardy.

Elsewhere, another influential group-industrials (-0.5%)-trails the broader market with the largest component-General Electric (GE 26.80, -0.22)-down 0.8%. In addition, transport stocks underperform with the Dow Jones Transportation Average lower by 0.3% after Kansas City Southern (KSU104.04, -3.33) reported disappointing results.

10:40 am: [BRIEFING.COM]

Corn futures are lower in early trade, after bearish data was released within the USDA Crop Progress Report yesterday. May corn is now -1.3% at $3.73/bu
July soybean futures are also trending modestly lower, now -0.5% at $9.75/bu while May wheat is +0.7% at $5.02/bu
Crude oil has been in the red almost all day, and is now -0.2% at $57.78/barrel. However, geopolitical concerns in Yemen continue to create potential upside volatility.
Natural gas futures are trading sharply higher this morning, following an anticipated cooling period for Northeast US weather conditions.
May nat gas is now +1.9% at $2.60/MMBtu
June gold is now +0.3% at $1197.00/oz and May silver is +0.2% at $15.92/oz
May copper currently stands -1% at $2.70/lb
The dollar index is now +0.3% at 98.20

10:00 am: [BRIEFING.COM] The S&P 500 (+0.2%) has cut its early advance in half while the Nasdaq Composite (+0.5%) remains near its best level of the session with help from high-beta chipmaker and biotechnology names.

The iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 364.38, +6.43) has extended its gain to 1.8% while the PHLX Semiconductor Index has climbed 0.7%. However, large cap technology names have struggled in the early going, which has limited the tech sector to a slim gain of 0.2%.

Elsewhere, the Dollar Index (98.33, +0.38) is higher by 0.4% after climbing off its intraday low.

9:40 am: [BRIEFING.COM] As expected, the major averages registered modest gains in the early going with the Nasdaq Composite (+0.5%) setting the pace. Meanwhile, the S&P 500 (+0.2%) follows not far behind with seven sectors trading in the green.

The health care sector (+0.8%) holds the early lead thanks to pre-market news that Teva Pharmaceutical (TEVA 64.41, +1.12) has offered to acquire Mylan (MYL 73.65, +5.61) for $82.00/share. The potential acquisition has boosted the overall biotech group with the iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 361.77, +3.82) trading higher by 1.1%.

On the downside, energy (-0.4%) and materials (-0.5%) lag with DuPont (DD 71.32, -1.52) pressuring the materials sector.

Treasuries have surrendered their gains with the 10-yr yield returning to 1.89%.

9:09 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +7.20. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +25.40. The stock market is on track for a modestly higher open as futures on the S&P 500 trade seven points above fair value.

The Q1 earnings season has entered full swing with nearly 100 companies reporting their results since yesterday's closing bell. That list has included a handful of Dow components with DuPont (DD 73.08, +0.24), IBM (IBM 165.20, -0.96), Travelers (TRV 104.50, -1.64), and United Technologies (UTX 118.40, +1.89) all beating bottom-line estimates. However, Travelers was the only name of the bunch that reported year-over-year revenue growth.

In other corporate news, Mylan (MYL 74.20, +6.16) has jumped 9.1% in pre-market after Teva Pharmaceutical (TEVA 64.60, +1.31) offered to acquire the company for $82.00/share in cash and stock.

Treasuries hold slim gains with the 10-yr yield down a basis point at 1.88%.

8:53 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +6.70. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +23.20. The S&P 500 futures trade seven points above fair value.

Bolstered by Wall Street's rally on Monday, which flowed from the policy stimulus provided by the People's Bank of China over the weekend, markets in Japan, Hong Kong, and China registered big gains in Tuesday's trading. Regional markets were mixed.

In economic data:
Japan's Leading Index slipped to 104.8 from 105.0 (expected 105.3)
Hong Kong's March CPI +4.5% year-over-year, as expected (prior 4.6%)

------

Japan's Nikkei increased 1.4% on steady buying efforts and closed at its highs for the session. The utilities (+2.3%), financial (+1.9%) and industrial (+1.9%) sectors led the gains. Individual standouts included Tokyu Corp (+6.0%), Credit Saison Co (+5.1%), Daiichi Sankyo Co (+4.4%), T&D Holdings (+4.1%), and Astellas Pharma (+4.0%). Yaskawa Electric (-2.5%) led decliners and was one of only six stocks that declined more than 1.0%. Out of the 225 index members, 178 ended higher, 36 finished lower, and 11 were unchanged.
Hong Kong's Hang Seng increased 2.8%, breaking its two-day losing streak in convincing fashion. The consumer cyclical (+8.8%), communication (+5.5%), and financial (+2.5%) sectors powered the advance. Leading gainers included China Resources Enterprise (+55.9%), whose controlling shareholder is going to purchase all of its non-retail assets, China Mobile (+7.5%), Ping An Insurance Group (+5.2%), and Hong Kong Exchanges & Clearing (+5.1%). Hengan Intl (-1.8%) and China Shenhua Energy (-1.7%) were the only stocks that fell more than 1.0%. Out of the 50 index members, 47 ended higher and 3 finished lower.
China's Shanghai Composite increased 1.8% as Wall Street's positive showing helped Chinese investors refocus on the stimulative effects of the PBOC's cut to the reserve requirement ratio. The consumer non-cyclical (+5.0%), communications (+4.7%), and financial (+3.6%) sectors helped drive a broad-based advance that left the Shanghai Composite up 115% over the last year.

Major European indices have climbed off their lows in recent action with Germany's DAX (+0.9%) in the lead. The European Central Bank is reportedly looking at forcing haircuts on Greek banks that have accessed Emergency Liquidity Assistance in order to encourage more reform progress by the country's government.

Economic data was limited:
Eurozone ZEW Economic Sentiment rose to 64.8 from 62.4 (expected 63.7)
Germany's April ZEW Economic Sentiment fell to 53.3 from 54.8 (consensus 55.3) while ZEW Current Conditions improved to 70.2 from 55.1 (expected 56.0)

------

Germany's DAX is higher by 0.9% with all but four names in the green. SAP leads with a gain of 2.1% despite missing bottom-line estimates on better than expected revenue. Financials lag with Munich Re and Commerzbank down 1.2% and 0.6%, respectively.
In France, the CAC has added 0.3% with Publicis Groupe trading higher by 6.0% after reporting better than expected results. Carmakers Peugeot (+4.3%) and Renault (+3.9%) also outperform while bank shares lag. Credit Agricole and Societe Generale are down 0.7% and 1.2%, respectively.
UK's FTSE hovers just above its flat line. Consumer names Sky (+5.0%), InterContinental Hotels (+2.9%), and ITV (+0.7%) outperform while miners lag. Anglo American, BHP Billiton, and Rio Tinto display losses between 1.9% and 3.0%.
Italy's MIB trades lower by 0.4% amid weakness in bank shares. BMPS, Banca di Milano Scarl, Banco Popolare, and Unicredit are down between 1.5% and 2.4%.

8:25 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +6.40. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +19.20. U.S. equity futures continue holding gains with S&P 500 futures six points above fair value.

The Dollar Index (98.05, +0.11) registered its second consecutive gain yesterday and a modest overnight advance has the index trading higher by 0.1% this morning. Once again, the bulk of the gain has come against the euro, which has surrendered 0.3% to the dollar (1.0715).

Meanwhile, other currency pairs are little changed with the U.S. dollar adding 0.1% against the pound and the yen.

7:56 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +7.40. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +19.80. U.S. equity futures hold modest gains amid upbeat action overseas. The S&P 500 futures hover seven points above fair value.

Today represents the first busy day of Q1 earnings with more than 75 results crossing between yesterday's closing bell and today's open. So far, most of the reports have beat on the bottom line, but positive revenue growth has not been nearly as common.

Investors did not receive any economic data today.

Treasuries hold gains with the 10-yr yield down two basis points at 1.87%.

In U.S. corporate news of note:

Credit Suisse (CS 26.37, -0.73): -2.7% despite beating earnings and revenue estimates.
DuPont (DD 72.92, +0.08): +0.1% following its bottom-line beat on light revenue. The Dow component raised its quarterly dividend to $0.49 from $0.47.
IBM (IBM 167.25, +1.09): +0.7% after beating earnings estimates and reaffirming its guidance.
Lam Research (LRCX 79.00, +7.01): +9.7% in reaction to better than expected results and above-consensus guidance.
SAP (SAP 74.25, +1.93): +2.7% after missing bottom-line estimates on better than expected revenue.
Travelers (TRV 104.02, -2.12): -2.0% despite beating bottom-line estimates on light revenue, increasing its buyback, and boosting its quarterly dividend by 11.0% to $0.61.
Under Armour (UA 83.65, -4.11): -4.4% after reporting in-line results and guiding below analyst expectations.
United Technologies (UTX 117.75, +1.24) +1.1% after better than expected earnings overshadowed below-consensus revenue.

Reviewing overnight developments:

Asian markets ended mixed, but Japan's Nikkei +1.4%, China's Shanghai Composite +1.8%, and Hong Kong's Hang Seng +2.8% posted gains.
In economic data:
Japan's Leading Index slipped to 104.8 from 105.0 (expected 105.3)
Hong Kong's March CPI +4.5% year-over-year, as expected (prior 4.6%)
In news:
The Reserve Bank of Australia released its latest minutes, which called for allowing more data to come in before making the next policy move. The RBA held its key rate at 2.25% at its most recent meeting.

Major European indices have climbed off their lows in recent action. Germany's DAX +0.9%, UK's FTSE +0.1%, and France's CAC +0.3%. Elsewhere, Italy's MIB -0.4% and Spain's IBEX +0.6%.
Economic data was limited:
Eurozone ZEW Economic Sentiment rose to 64.8 from 62.4 (expected 63.7)
Germany's April ZEW Economic Sentiment fell to 53.3 from 54.8 (consensus 55.3) while ZEW Current Conditions improved to 70.2 from 55.1 (expected 56.0)
Among news of note:
The European Central Bank is reportedly looking at forcing haircuts on Greek banks that have accessed Emergency Liquidity Assistance in order to encourage more reform progress by the country's government.

5:52 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +6.00. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +17.30.

5:52 am: [BRIEFING.COM] Nikkei...19909.09...+274.60...+1.40%. Hang Seng...27850.49...+755.60...+2.80%.

5:52 am: [BRIEFING.COM] FTSE...7049.95...-2.20...0.00%. DAX...11948.06...+56.20...+0.50%.

Special thanks to Bloomberg, Briefing, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance for their market summaries. gm

Best Regards,
M.A. Perry
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
Image@ http://twitter.com/wrbtrader Image@ http://stocktwits.com/wrbtrader

http://www.thestrategylab.com
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
Skype Messenger: kebec2002
questions@thestrategylab.com
Go Back To TheStrategyLab.com Homepage