TheStrategyLab.com Price Action Trading Support Forum

Forum for price action traders that want to learn WRB Analysis basic tutorial chapters 1, 2 and 3 prior to purchasing our advance trade methods. Hashtags: #wrbanalysis #wrbzone #wrbhiddengap #priceaction #trading
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: April 14th Tuesday Trade Results - Profit $3462.50
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:44 am 
Site Admin

Trade Results of M.A. Perry
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
Price Action Trading (no technical indicators)
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
Free Chat Room: http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164
Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
questions@thestrategylab.com (24/7)
http://twitter.com/wrbtrader (24/7)

Attachment:
041415-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-PnL-Blotter-Profit+3462.50.png
041415-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-PnL-Blotter-Profit+3462.50.png [ 86.43 KiB | Viewed 309 times ]

click on the above image to view today's performance verification

Price Action Trade Performance for Today: Emini TF ($TF_F) futures @ ($60.00) dollars or -0.60 points, Emini ES ($ES_F) futures @ $3,562.50 dollars or +71.25 points, Light Crude Oil CL ($CL_F) futures @ ($40.00) dollars or -0.04 points, Gold GC ($GC_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points and EuroFX 6E ($6E_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.0000 ticks. Total Profit @ $3,462.50 dollars

Russell 2000 Emini TF Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ The ICE
S&P 500 Emini ES Futures: 1 tick or 0.25 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Light Crude Oil CL (WTI) Futures: 1 tick or 0.01 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Gold GC Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
EuroFX 6E Futures: 1 tick or 0.0001 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup

Trade Log: All of my trades were posted real-time in the timestamp ##TheStrategyLab free chat room. You can read today's price action trading information about my trades (e.g. time, price entry, contract size, price exit) as the trade traversed to its completion. Also, sometimes I'll post real-time trading tips in ##TheStrategyLab chat room involving WRBs, WRB Hidden GAPs, Key Market Events (KME), Tutorial Chapters 2 & 3, WRB Zones, Reaction Highs/Lows, Contracting Volatility or Expanding Volatility. Its all archived @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/ftchat/forum/viewtopic.php?f=142&t=2051

Quote:
All of my real-time posted trades involves price action concepts from the WRB Analysis free study guide, Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 4 - 12 and the Volatility Trading Report (VTR) trade signal strategies. Analysis -----> Trade Signals

Also, posted below are direct links to information about my price action trade methodology and trading plan (there's a difference between the two) that enables me to identify key trading areas in the price action that represent changes in supply/demand and volatility along with being able to exploit these changes via WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis). I'm primarily a day trader because it suits my personal lifestyle but I do occasionally swing trade and position trade. Simply, my trade method is applicable for position trading, swing trading and day trading.

Image ##TheStrategyLab Chat Room is free. Members and I use the chat room to post WRB Analysis commentary, real-time trades and to post anything else related to trading. The chat room helps me tremendously in my own trading because I use it to document (journal) general volatility analysis involving WRB Analysis so that I can easily review at a later date my thoughts as I interacted with the markets...info I can not get from my broker statements. Also, this is not a signal calling chat room where a head trader tells you when to buy or sell and I do not have the time/energy/resources to manage a signal calling chat room. Access instructions for chat room @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164

Image Price Action Analysis via Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/WRBAnalysisTutorials.htm and there's a free study guide of the WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1, 2 and 3 @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=718

Analysis -----> Trade Signals

Image Trade Signal Strategies via Volatility Trading Report (VTR) @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/VolatilityTrading.htm and there's a free trade signal strategy @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=89 so that you can freely test drive one of our price action trade strategies with support (answering your questions) prior to purchasing the Volatility Trading Report (VTR). All WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1 - 12 are included in the purchase of the Volatility Trading Report (VTR).

Image Trading Plan Daily Routine @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=261&t=2728

-----------------------------

Market Context Summaries

The below summaries by Bloomberg, Briefing, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance helps me to do a quick review of the fundamentals, FED/ECB/BOE/IMF actions or any important global economic events (e.g. Eurozone, MarketWatch.com) that had an impact on today's price action in many trading instruments I monitor during the trading day. Simply, I'm a strong believer that key market events causes key changes in supply/demand and volatility resulting in trade opportunities (swing points and strong continuation price actions) that reach profit targets. Thus, I pay attention to these key market events, intermarket analysis (e.g. Forex EurUsd, EuroFX 6E futures, Gold GC futures, Light Crude Oil (WTI) CL & Brent Oil futures, Eurex DAX futures, Euronext FTSE100 futures, Emini ES futures, Emini TF futures, Treasury ZB futures and U.S. Dollar Index futures) while using WRB Analysis from one trade to the next trade to give me the market context for price action trading before the appearance of my technical analysis trade signals. Therefore, I maintain these archives to allow me to understand what was happening on any given trading day in the past involving key market events to help better understand my trade decisions (day trading, swing trading, position trading)...something I can not get from my broker statements alone. Further, most financial websites remove (delete) their archives after a few years to make room for new content. Therefore, I maintain my own archives of the news content so that I have it available for me when financial websites no longer archives their content.

Attachment:
041415-Key-Price-Action-Markets.png
041415-Key-Price-Action-Markets.png [ 1.03 MiB | Viewed 322 times ]

click on the above image to view today's price action of key markets

4:10 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] The major averages ended Tuesday on a mixed note after spending the day near their flat lines. The S&P 500 added 0.2% while the Nasdaq settled lower by 0.2%.

Equity indices slipped during the opening hour after the March Retail Sales report (+0.9%; Briefing.com consensus +1.0%) came in below expectations. In addition to pressuring equities, the report weighed on the greenback, knocking the Dollar Index (98.81, -0.68) to a session low. The index climbed off its worst level, but still ended the day lower by 0.7%.

As for equities, the S&P 500 found support just above its 50-day moving average (2,081) and made a swift return into the green. The index received significant support from the energy sector (+1.8%), which ended well ahead of other groups. Crude oil contributed to the considerable strength, climbing 2.7% to $53.31/bbl.

Similar to energy, six other sectors finished in the green, but only two groups added more than 0.4%. Furthermore, the two outperformers-materials (+0.4%) and utilities (+0.6%)-account for less than 7.0% of the market.

Meanwhile, the top-weighted technology sector (-0.3%) spent the day in negative territory, largely due to weakness among chipmakers. The PHLX Semiconductor Index lost 1.0% ahead of earnings results from Intel (INTC 31.49, -0.24) and Linear Technology (LLTC 45.42, -0.59).

Elsewhere among cyclical groups, the financial sector (unch) spent the day near the broader market after two major components reported earnings. JPMorgan Chase (JPM 63.04, +0.97) spiked 1.6% after beating bottom-line estimates on light revenue while Wells Fargo (WFC 54.19, -0.40) lost 0.7% despite its better than expected earnings.

Similar to financials, the health care sector (+0.2%) settled near the broader market after Johnson & Johnson (JNJ 100.52, -0.03) reported a two-cent beat, but lowered its guidance, citing currency headwinds.

Also of note, industrials (-0.1%) ended little changed even though transport stocks displayed intraday weakness after Norfolk Southern (NSC 100.53, -4.34) lowered its guidance. The stock fell 4.1% while the Dow Jones Transportation Average narrowed its decline to 0.1% by the close.

Switching gears, Treasuries spiked following today's Retail Sales report, but surrendered the bulk of their gains during the session. The 10-yr note ended modestly higher with its yield down three basis points at 1.90%.

Today's trading volume was comparable to that observed in recent days with more than 675 million shares changing hands at the NYSE floor.

Economic data included retail sales, PPI, and business inventories:

Retail sales increased 0.9% in March after declining an upwardly revised 0.5% (from -0.6%) in February while the Briefing.com consensus expected an increase of 1.0%
A significant portion of the increase resulted from a rebound in motor vehicle demand as sales at motor vehicle and parts dealers increased 2.7% in March after declining 2.1% in February
Excluding motor vehicle sales, retail sales increased 0.4% in March after an upward revision left sales flat (from -0.1%) in February while the consensus expected an increase of 0.7%
Producer prices increased 0.2% in March after declining 0.5% in February, representing the first increase since October 2014 while the Briefing.com consensus expected an increase of 0.2%
Energy prices increased 1.5% in March after being flat in February. That was the first increase in energy prices since June 2014. Gasoline prices increased 7.2% in March and were the main contributor to the overall increase in energy costs.
Food prices declined 0.8% in March after declining 1.6% in February. These prices haven't increased on a month-over-month basis since November 2014.
Excluding food and energy, core PPI increased 0.2% in March after declining 0.5% in February while the consensus expected an increase of 0.1%
Business inventories increased 0.3% in February after being flat in January, which is what the Briefing.com consensus expected

Tomorrow, the weekly MBA Mortgage Index will be released at 7:00 ET while the Empire Manufacturing report for April will cross the wires at 8:30 ET (Briefing.com consensus 7.3). The Industrial Production report for March will be released at 9:15 (consensus -0.3%) while the NAHB Housing Market Index for April will be reported at 10:00 ET (consensus 55). Also of note, the Federal Reserve will release its April Beige Book at 14:00 ET.

Nasdaq Composite +5.1% YTD
Russell 2000 +5.0% YTD
S&P 500 +1.8% YTD
Dow Jones Industrial Average +1.2% YTD

3:40 pm: [BRIEFING.COM]

Weakness in the dollar index continued in afternoon trade, which helped give select commodities strength
Oil extended gains, with May WTI crude closing $2.7% higher at $53.31/barrel
May nat gas rose $0.02 to $2.53/MMBtu
Copper sold off overnight, ahead of China's GDP data on Wednesday, and held those losses
Gold, silver and copper all ended the day with modest losses.

2:55 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] The S&P 500 holds a one-point gain going into the final hour of today's session.

This morning, investors received a handful of quarterly reports from two components of the financial sector (-0.1%) and a large member of the health care space. Participants will get to digest more results after today's closing bell with CSX (CSX 33.03, -0.05), Intel (INTC 31.34, -0.39), and Linear Technology (LLTC 45.30, -0.71) scheduled to report their earnings.

Another handful of names will report tomorrow morning with ASML (ASML 100.00, +0.19), Bank of America (BAC 15.78, -0.03), and Delta Air Lines (DAL 42.91, -0.17).

2:25 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] Afternoon action continues with the S&P 500 (+0.1%) drifting right between its unchanged level and the session high that was established shortly after 12:30 ET.

All in all, the benchmark index has spent the day near its flat line while the Nasdaq (-0.3%) has yet to make it out of the red. The technology sector (-0.4%) continues pressuring the Nasdaq Composite while the S&P 500 has been able to overcome the weakness in its largest sector with help from energy (+1.9%). Conversely, the energy sector remains underpinned by crude oil, which is higher by 2.8% at $53.30/bbl going into the pit close.

Elsewhere, Treasuries have narrowed their gains with the 10-yr yield now at 1.88% (-5 bps).

2:00 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] The major averages continue trading near their flat lines.

Retail sales growth was a mild disappointment.

Total retail sales increased 0.9% in March after declining an upwardly revised 0.5% (from -0.6%) in February. The Briefing.com Consensus expected retail sales to increase 1.0%.

Excluding motor vehicle sales, retail sales increased 0.4% in March after an upward revision left sales flat (from -0.1%) in February. The consensus expected these sales to increase 0.7%.

Sales were pretty strong across the board, but not strong enough to warrant that the entire weakness in February was the result of inclement weather conditions. Overall income levels increased pretty significantly in the first quarter, and the March retail sales report showed that consumers still preferred savings over consumption in the aggregate for the quarter.

1:30 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] The stock market continues in its mixed state with the Nasdaq (-0.4%) underperforming the Dow Jones Industrial Average (+0.4%) and S&P 500 (+0.1%). The underperformance can be attributed in part to a relatively soft showing from the biotech and semiconductor stocks, evidenced by the 0.8% decline in the iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 355.45, -2.87) and the 0.8% decline in the Philadelphia Semiconductor Index.

Both Intel (INTC 31.58, -0.15) and Linear Technology (LLTC 45.47, -0.53) are trading lower ahead of their earnings reports after the close today. Recall that Intel lowered its first quarter revenue guidance on March 12 to a range of $12.5 bln to $13.1 bln from $13.2 bln to $14.2 bln, citing weaker than expected demand for business desktop PCs and lower than expected inventory levels across the PC supply chain. Mindful of that, Intel -- and perhaps many other semiconductor stocks -- will be moving off the company's second quarter guidance.

Separately, the energy sector (+2.1%) continues to be today's standout performer as it is following oil prices (+2.9% at $53.43) higher. The next best-performing sector is the utilities sector (+0.5%), which is benefiting from the drop in long-term rates. The 10-yr note yield is currently down six basis points at 1.87% following the weaker than expected Retail Sales report for March.

12:55 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] The major averages are mixed at midday with the Dow (+0.5%) and S&P 500 (+0.2%) holding slim gains while the Nasdaq Composite (-0.2%) underperforms.

Equity indices began the day near their flat lines and retreated through the first 30 minutes of the session. The opening decline took place after the release of a disappointing retail sales report for March (+0.9%; Briefing.com consensus +1.0%), but the S&P 500 was able to find support just above its 50-day moving average (2,081). A subsequent rebound has placed the index back in the green while the Nasdaq remains pressured by chipmakers and large cap components of the technology sector (-0.2%).

Technology heavyweights like Apple (AAPL 126.54, -0.31), Microsoft (MSFT 41.60, -0.16), and Google (GOOGL 541.37, -7.27) display losses between 0.2% and 1.3% while the PHLX Semiconductor Index is lower by 0.6% ahead of Intel's (INTC 31.65, -0.08) quarterly report.

Unlike technology, most of the remaining cyclical groups trade in the green. The financial sector (+0.1%) has spent the day just behind the broader market after JPMorgan Chase (JPM 63.25, +1.18) and Wells Fargo (WFC 53.86, -0.73) reported better than expected results.

In other earnings, Johnson & Johnson (JNJ 100.78, +0.23) is higher by 0.2% after reporting better than expected results and lowering its fiscal year 2015 guidance due to currency headwinds.

Also of note, the industrial sector turned positive in recent going, but transport stocks remain weak after Norfolk Southern (NSC 98.95, -5.92) lowered its earnings and revenue guidance for Q1. The news has pressured NSC peers like CSX (CSX 32.67, -0.41) and Union-Pacific (UNP 106.98, -1.48) while the Dow Jones Transportation Average has given up 0.6%.

Treasuries spiked following today's Retail Sales report, sending the 10-yr yield lower by six basis points to 1.87%.

Economic data included retail sales, PPI, and business inventories:

Retail sales increased 0.9% in March after declining an upwardly revised 0.5% (from -0.6%) in February while the Briefing.com consensus expected an increase of 1.0%
A significant portion of the increase resulted from a rebound in motor vehicle demand as sales at motor vehicle and parts dealers increased 2.7% in March after declining 2.1% in February
Excluding motor vehicle sales, retail sales increased 0.4% in March after an upward revision left sales flat (from -0.1%) in February while the consensus expected an increase of 0.7%
Producer prices increased 0.2% in March after declining 0.5% in February, representing the first increase since October 2014 while the Briefing.com consensus expected an increase of 0.2%
Energy prices increased 1.5% in March after being flat in February. That was the first increase in energy prices since June 2014. Gasoline prices increased 7.2% in March and were the main contributor to the overall increase in energy costs.
Food prices declined 0.8% in March after declining 1.6% in February. These prices haven't increased on a month-over-month basis since November 2014.
Excluding food and energy, core PPI increased 0.2% in March after declining 0.5% in February while the consensus expected an increase of 0.1%
Business inventories increased 0.3% in February after being flat in January, which is what the Briefing.com consensus expected

12:25 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] The S&P 500 (+0.1%) has inched up into the neighborhood of its opening high with most sectors taking part in the move. As a result, four sectors continue trading in the red with technology (-0.4%) remaining at the bottom of the leaderboard.

Conversely, the six advancing sectors trade in the green with energy extending its advance to 1.7%. The sector has received continued support from crude oil, which is now higher by 3.3% at $53.59/bbl.

Elsewhere, the Dollar Index (98.70, -0.79) remains lower by 0.8% after sliding following today's disappointing Retail Sales report for March.

11:55 am: [BRIEFING.COM] The S&P 500 continues hovering near its flat line after climbing off its session low. Meanwhile, the Dow Jones Industrial Average (+0.2%) outperforms as 20 of its 30 components display gains.

Chevron (CVX 108.44, +1.94) and ExxonMobil (XOM 86.55, +1.21) lead with respective gains of 1.8% and 1.4%, which is fitting considering both names fall under the umbrella of the leading energy sector (+1.5%). On the downside, Microsoft (MSFT 41.42, -0.34) is the weakest performer, down 0.8%, but the stock does not carry much influence over the price-weighted index.

Elsewhere, Treasuries sit on their highs with the 10-yr yield down seven basis points at 1.86%.

11:25 am: [BRIEFING.COM] Recent action saw the S&P 500 return above its flat line while the Nasdaq Composite (-0.4%) remains pressured by the technology sector (-0.5%).

On the flip side, the energy space (+1.4%) trades well ahead of the broader market with help from crude oil, which has jumped 2.4% to $53.15/bbl. In turn, the energy component has been boosted by today's dollar weakness that has the Dollar Index (98.59, -0.90) trading lower by 0.9%.

Energy notwithstanding, the materials sector (+0.3%) is the only other outperformer on the cyclical side. Miners and steelmakers have contributed to the strength with Market Vectors Gold Miners ETF (GDX 19.46, +0.20) and Market Vectors Steel ETF (SLX 32.39, +0.68) showing respective gains of 0.9% and 2.1%.

11:00 am: [BRIEFING.COM] The major averages have climbed off their session lows, but they remain in negative territory with the Nasdaq Composite (-0.5%) showing the largest decline.

The tech-heavy index has been pressured by high-beta chipmaker names while large cap technology sector (-0.6%) components have also struggled. The PHLX Semiconductor Index is lower by 1.0% ahead of Intel's (INTC 31.58, -0.15) earnings report scheduled for this evening. As for large sector components, Apple (AAPL 126.19, -0.66), Microsoft (MSFT 41.45, -0.31), and Google (GOOGL 536.71, -11.93) are down between 0.5% and 2.2%.

Meanwhile, the biotech group has stayed a bit ahead of the Nasdaq with the iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 357.29, -1.03) lower by 0.3%. On a related note, the health care sector (-0.2%) trades in-line with the S&P 500.

10:35 am: [BRIEFING.COM]

Oil rose moderately in early trade, bolstered by an EIA Drilling Productivity Report that set expectations for a long-awaited drop in US shale output this coming May.
Later today, at 1 pm ET, the EIA will release its annual energy outlook report for 2015.
Today's strength in oil is a continuation of weekly upward momentum driven largely by geo-political tension in the Middle East.
Crude oil futures are now trading +2.1% at $53/barrel
Copper futures sold off overnight ahead of Chinese GDP data, which will be released overnight.
Following weak trade data, investors are a bit concerned about the GDP data. Copper is now trading -1.1% at $2.69/lb
The dollar index sold off earlier following PPI data and now stands at 98.46, down 1%
Natural gas futures saw a steady climb in the am, and is now trading +1.2% at $2.54/MMBtu
Precious Metals gained late strength on the dollar sell-off, but remained slightly down with June gold -0.3% at $1196/oz and May silver -0.2% at $16.26/oz

10:00 am: [BRIEFING.COM] The S&P 500 (-0.2%) and Nasdaq (-0.5%) have turned negative while the Dow remains just above its flat line.

Just released, Business Inventories rose 0.3% in February, which is what the Briefing.com consensus expected. This followed the prior month's unrevised flat reading.

9:40 am: [BRIEFING.COM] The major averages have climbed off their opening levels with the Dow Jones Industrial Average (+0.3%) in the lead while the S&P 500 (+0.2%) follows just behind.

The price-weighted Dow has shown early strength thanks to a solid start for its top component-Goldman Sachs (GS 197.94, +2.30). Shares of GS have climbed 1.2% after peer JPMorgan Chase (JPM 63.37, +1.29) reported better than expected earnings. Meanwhile, the broader financial sector (+0.2%) trades in-line with the market as Wells Fargo (WFC 53.93, -0.66) weighs.

Elsewhere among cyclical sectors, energy (+0.8%) has shown relative strength while industrials (-0.3%) underperform amid weakness in transport stocks. The Dow Jones Transportation Average is lower by 0.6% following Norfolk Southern's (NSC 99.99, -4.88) guidance cut.

February Business Inventories (consensus 0.3%) will be reported at 10:00 ET.

9:12 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: -3.60. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -5.60. The stock market is on track for modestly lower open as futures on the S&P 500 trade within four points of fair value. Futures have maintained narrow ranges through pre-market action, but slipped from their recent levels in reaction to the Retail Sales report for March (+0.9%; Briefing.com consensus 1.0%), which missed estimates. In addition to weighing on equity futures, the report pressured the greenback, sending the Dollar Index (98.78, -0.71) to a fresh session low. The index has climbed off its worst level of the morning, but remains down 0.7%.

Switching gears, the Q1 reporting season has started to heat up with a handful of noteworthy names reporting their results this morning. JPMorgan Chase (JPM 62.86, +0.79) is on track to open higher by 1.3% after beating earnings estimates on below-consensus revenue while Wells Fargo (WFC 54.05, -0.54) has given up 1.0% in pre-market action despite beating bottom-line estimates.

Also of note, the Dow Jones Transportation Average is likely to experience early weakness after Norfolk Southern (NSC 99.40, -5.47) lowered its earnings and revenue guidance for Q1.

Treasuries sit on their highs with the 10-yr yield down six basis points at 1.87%.

8:53 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: -0.80. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +3.30. The S&P 500 futures trade one point below fair value.

Trade in the Asian-Pacific markets was on the mixed side of things Tuesday, with Wall Street's weak finish on Monday and the specter of China's Q1 GDP report on Wednesday keeping a lid on most markets. Hong Kong's Hang Seng was the biggest loser (-1.6%) as it fell prone to profit taking in the wake of its white-hot run of late.

In economic data:
China's New Loans CNY1,180.0 bln (expected CNY 1,050.0 bln; prior CNY 1,020.0 bln) and M2 Money Stock +11.6% year-over-year (expected +12.3%; prior +12.5%)
Singapore's Q1 GDP +1.1% quarter-over-quarter (expected +0.5%; prior +4.9%); +2.1% year-over-year (expected +1.8%; prior +2.1%)
Australia's March NAB Business Confidence rose to 3.0 from 0.0 while NAB Business Survey rose to 6.0 from 2.0
New Zealand's Q1 NZIER Business Confidence slipped to 23% from 24% while REINZ House Price Index +6.7% month-over-month (prior +0.8%)

------

Japan's Nikkei drifted through Tuesday's trade and ended basically flat for the second straight day. Gains in the utilities (+1.4%) and basic materials (+0.6%) sectors were offset by soft showings from the more influential consumer non-cyclical (-0.3%), consumer cyclical (-0.1%) and industrial (-0.1%) sectors. Sharp Corp (+5.6%) and Toyobo Co (+4.2%) led the winners while Kikkoman (-2.6%) and MEIJI Holdings (-2.1%) paced the losers. Out of the 225 index members, 142 ended higher, 76 finished lower, and 7 were unchanged.
Hong Kong's Hang Seng declined 1.6% on profit-taking efforts following a huge run for the index in recent sessions. The declines were led by the financial (-1.7%), communications (-3.8%), and consumer cyclical (-3.1%) sectors. China Resources Land (-6.5%), Galaxy Entertainment (-5.6%), Tencent Holdings (-5.5%), Sands China (-4.8%), and Want Want China Holdings (-4.6%) were the biggest decliners. Out of the 50 index members, 13 ended higher, 35 finished lower, and 2 were unchanged.
China's Shanghai Composite alternated between gains and losses, but managed a positive finish and increased 0.3% for the day. The modest gain came a day ahead of Wednesday's key economic releases that will include Q1 GDP and the Industrial Production, Retail Sales, and Fixed Asset Investment reports for March. The industrial (+1.0%) and consumer non-cyclical (+0.5%) sectors led Tuesday's advance.

Major European indices trade mostly lower with UK's FTSE (+0.2%) bucking the trend.

Participants received several data points:
Eurozone February Industrial Production +1.1% month-over-month (expected 0.4%; prior -0.3%); +1.6% year-over-year (consensus 0.7%; last 0.4%)
Germany's March Wholesale Price Index -1.1% year-over-year (prior -2.1%)
UK's March CPI 0.0% year-over-year, as expected while core CPI +1.0% year-over-year (consensus 1.2%; prior 1.2%). Separately, Input PPI -13.0% year-over-year (expected -13.5%; last -13.5%) while Output PPI -1.7% year-over-year (consensus -1.8%; previous -1.7%). Also of note, House price Index +7.2% year-over-year (consensus 8.7%; last 8.4%)
Italy's March CPI +0.1% month-over-month; -0.1% year-over-year, as expected
Spain's March CPI +0.6% month-over-month; -0.7% year-over-year, as expected

------

France's CAC is lower by 0.6% with financials under pressure. BNP Paribas, Credit Agricole, and Societe Generale hold losses between 1.2% and 1.3%. On the flip side, Alcatel-Lucent has spiked 14.1% after Nokia confirmed its interest in the company.
Germany's DAX trades down 0.5%. Financial shares have contributed to the retreat with Munich Re and Commerzbank both down near 0.6%. A handful of healthcare and consumer staple names outperform with Fresenius Medical Care, Beiersdorf, and Fresenius SE up between 0.4% and 1.0%.
UK's FTSE has added 0.2% amid strength in mining names. Anglo American, BHP Billiton, Rio Tinto, and Fresnillo lead with gains between 1.7% and 2.6%. On the downside, Aberdeen Asset Management and Standard Chartered are both down near 2.0%.
Italy's MIB has given up 1.1% amid broad weakness. Salvatore Ferragamo leads the retreat, down 4.1%, while Banco Popolare, Intesa Sanpaolo, Mediobanca, and Unicredit display losses between 2.0% and 2.7%.

8:32 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: -2.10. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -2.60. The S&P 500 futures trade two points below fair value.

March retail sales rose 0.9% while the Briefing.com consensus expected an increase of 1.0%. The prior month's reading was revised up to -0.5% from -0.6%. Excluding autos, retail sales rose 0.4% while the consensus expected an increase of 0.7%.

March producer prices rose 0.2%, which is what the Briefing.com consensus expected. Core producer prices increased 0.2% while the consensus expected an uptick of 0.1%.

7:52 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +0.10. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -0.60. U.S. equity futures trade near their flat lines amid mixed action overseas. The S&P 500 futures hover within a point of fair value after slipping from their pre-market highs shortly after the start of the session in Europe.

Yesterday, the Dollar Index (99.47, -0.02) approached its recent high from March, but could not punch through that level. Today, however, the index trades little changed.

Meanwhile, crude oil has advanced and currently trades higher by 1.1% at $52.49/bbl.

The March Retail Sales report (Briefing.com consensus 1.0%) and March PPI (consensus 0.2%) will be released at 8:30 ET while February Business Inventories (consensus 0.3%) will be reported at 10:00 ET. Treasuries hold modest gains with the 10-yr yield lower by a basis point at 1.92%.

In U.S. corporate news of note:

Fastenal (FAST 40.20, +0.18): +0.5% in reaction to its one-cent beat.
Johnson & Johnson (JNJ 100.97, +0.42): +0.4% after reporting better than expected results and lowering its fiscal year 2015 guidance due to currency headwinds.
JPMorgan Chase (JPM 63.05, +0.98): +1.6% after beating earnings estimates on below-consensus revenue.
Norfolk Southern (NSC 99.00, -5.87): -5.6% after lowering its earnings and revenue guidance for Q1.

Reviewing overnight developments:

Asian markets ended mixed. Hong Kong's Hang Seng -1.6%, China's Shanghai Composite +0.3%, and Japan's Nikkei ended flat.
In economic data:
China's New Loans CNY1,180.0 bln (expected CNY 1,050.0 bln; prior CNY 1,020.0 bln) and M2 Money Stock +11.6% year-over-year (expected +12.3%; prior +12.5%)
Singapore's Q1 GDP +1.1% quarter-over-quarter (expected +0.5%; prior +4.9%); +2.1% year-over-year (expected +1.8%; prior +2.1%)
Australia's March NAB Business Confidence rose to 3.0 from 0.0 while NAB Business Survey rose to 6.0 from 2.0
New Zealand's Q1 NZIER Business Confidence slipped to 23% from 24% while REINZ House Price Index +6.7% month-over-month (prior +0.8%)
In news:
After voicing his opinion on the yen exchange rate yesterday, Koichi Hamada was back at it today, saying his comments referred to the purchasing power parity-implied rate and not the spot rate. Mr. Hamada added that the current spot rate of 120 yen per dollar is acceptable.

Major European indices trade mixed. France's CAC -0.3%, Germany's DAX -0.3%, and UK's FTSE +0.2%. Elsewhere, Italy's MIB -1.1% and Spain's IBEX -1.0%.
Participants received several data points:
Eurozone February Industrial Production +1.1% month-over-month (expected 0.4%; prior -0.3%); +1.6% year-over-year (consensus 0.7%; last 0.4%)
Germany's March Wholesale Price Index -1.1% year-over-year (prior -2.1%)
UK's March CPI 0.0% year-over-year, as expected while core CPI +1.0% year-over-year (consensus 1.2%; prior 1.2%). Separately, Input PPI -13.0% year-over-year (expected -13.5%; last -13.5%) while Output PPI -1.7% year-over-year (consensus -1.8%; previous -1.7%). Also of note, House price Index +7.2% year-over-year (consensus 8.7%; last 8.4%)
Italy's March CPI +0.1% month-over-month; -0.1% year-over-year, as expected
Spain's March CPI +0.6% month-over-month; -0.7% year-over-year, as expected
Among news of note:
Germany's Finance Ministry said it expects 2016 GDP growth to reach 1.6%

5:57 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: -3.00. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -10.80.

5:57 am: [BRIEFING.COM] Nikkei...19908.68...+3.20...+0.00%. Hang Seng...27561.49...+454.90...-1.60%.

5:57 am: [BRIEFING.COM] FTSE...7064.62...+0.30...0.00. DAX...12268.67...-70.40...-0.60%.

Special thanks to Bloomberg, Briefing, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance for their market summaries. gm

Best Regards,
M.A. Perry
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
Image@ http://twitter.com/wrbtrader Image@ http://stocktwits.com/wrbtrader

http://www.thestrategylab.com
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
Skype Messenger: kebec2002
questions@thestrategylab.com
Go Back To TheStrategyLab.com Homepage