TheStrategyLab.com Price Action Trading Support Forum

Forum for price action traders that want to learn WRB Analysis basic tutorial chapters 1, 2 and 3 prior to purchasing our advance trade methods. Hashtags: #wrbanalysis #wrbzone #wrbhiddengap #priceaction #trading
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: April 7th Tuesday Trade Results - Profit $3812.50
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:23 am 
Site Admin

Trade Results of M.A. Perry
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
Price Action Trading (no technical indicators)
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
Free Chat Room: http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164
Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
questions@thestrategylab.com (24/7)
http://twitter.com/wrbtrader (24/7)

Attachment:
040715-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-PnL-Blotter-Profit+3812.50.png
040715-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-PnL-Blotter-Profit+3812.50.png [ 89.85 KiB | Viewed 344 times ]

click on the above image to view today's performance verification

Price Action Trade Performance for Today: Emini TF ($TF_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Emini ES ($ES_F) futures @ $3,812.50 dollars or +76.25 points, Light Crude Oil CL ($CL_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Gold GC ($GC_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points and EuroFX 6E ($6E_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.0000 ticks. Total Profit @ $3,812.50 dollars

Russell 2000 Emini TF Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ The ICE
S&P 500 Emini ES Futures: 1 tick or 0.25 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Light Crude Oil CL (WTI) Futures: 1 tick or 0.01 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Gold GC Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
EuroFX 6E Futures: 1 tick or 0.0001 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup

Trade Log: All of my trades were posted real-time in the timestamp ##TheStrategyLab free chat room. You can read today's price action trading information about my trades (e.g. time, price entry, contract size, price exit) as the trade traversed to its completion. Also, sometimes I'll post real-time trading tips in ##TheStrategyLab chat room involving WRBs, WRB Hidden GAPs, Key Market Events (KME), Tutorial Chapters 2 & 3, WRB Zones, Reaction Highs/Lows, Contracting Volatility or Expanding Volatility. Its all archived @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/ftchat/forum/viewtopic.php?f=142&t=2046

Quote:
All of my real-time posted trades involves price action concepts from the WRB Analysis free study guide, Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 4 - 12 and the Volatility Trading Report (VTR) trade signal strategies. Analysis -----> Trade Signals

Also, posted below are direct links to information about my price action trade methodology and trading plan (there's a difference between the two) that enables me to identify key trading areas in the price action that represent changes in supply/demand and volatility along with being able to exploit these changes via WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis). I'm primarily a day trader because it suits my personal lifestyle but I do occasionally swing trade and position trade. Simply, my trade method is applicable for position trading, swing trading and day trading.

Image ##TheStrategyLab Chat Room is free. Members and I use the chat room to post WRB Analysis commentary, real-time trades and to post anything else related to trading. The chat room helps me tremendously in my own trading because I use it to document (journal) general volatility analysis involving WRB Analysis so that I can easily review at a later date my thoughts as I interacted with the markets...info I can not get from my broker statements. Also, this is not a signal calling chat room where a head trader tells you when to buy or sell and I do not have the time/energy/resources to manage a signal calling chat room. Access instructions for chat room @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164

Image Price Action Analysis via Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/WRBAnalysisTutorials.htm and there's a free study guide of the WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1, 2 and 3 @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=718

Analysis -----> Trade Signals

Image Trade Signal Strategies via Volatility Trading Report (VTR) @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/VolatilityTrading.htm and there's a free trade signal strategy @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=89 so that you can freely test drive one of our price action trade strategies with support (answering your questions) prior to purchasing the Volatility Trading Report (VTR). All WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1 - 12 are included in the purchase of the Volatility Trading Report (VTR).

Image Trading Plan Daily Routine @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=261&t=2728

-----------------------------

Market Context Summaries

The below summaries by Bloomberg, Briefing, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance helps me to do a quick review of the fundamentals, FED/ECB/BOE/IMF actions or any important global economic events (e.g. Eurozone, MarketWatch.com) that had an impact on today's price action in many trading instruments I monitor during the trading day. Simply, I'm a strong believer that key market events causes key changes in supply/demand and volatility resulting in trade opportunities (swing points and strong continuation price actions) that reach profit targets. Thus, I pay attention to these key market events, intermarket analysis (e.g. Forex EurUsd, EuroFX 6E futures, Gold GC futures, Light Crude Oil (WTI) CL & Brent Oil futures, Eurex DAX futures, Euronext FTSE100 futures, Emini ES futures, Emini TF futures, Treasury ZB futures and U.S. Dollar Index futures) while using WRB Analysis from one trade to the next trade to give me the market context for price action trading before the appearance of my technical analysis trade signals. Therefore, I maintain these archives to allow me to understand what was happening on any given trading day in the past involving key market events to help better understand my trade decisions (day trading, swing trading, position trading)...something I can not get from my broker statements alone. Further, most financial websites remove (delete) their archives after a few years to make room for new content. Therefore, I maintain my own archives of the news content so that I have it available for me when financial websites no longer archives their content.

Attachment:
040715-Key-Price-Action-Markets.png
040715-Key-Price-Action-Markets.png [ 1.01 MiB | Viewed 299 times ]

click on the above image to view today's price action of key markets

4:15 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] Equity indices halted their two-day win streak on Tuesday with the S&P 500 shedding 0.2%. The benchmark index surrendered its modest intraday gain during the final hour while the Nasdaq Composite (-0.1%) settled just ahead.

The major averages climbed out of the gate and hit their session highs during the initial 90 minutes; however, relative weakness among influential sectors like consumer discretionary (-0.5%), financials (-0.4%), and consumer staples (-0.4%) prevented the market from eclipsing the early high. Instead, equities spent the afternoon in a sideways drift and slid into negative territory shortly ahead of the close.

Only two sectors finished the day in the green with health care (+0.3%) holding the lead into the afternoon. The countercyclical group underperformed yesterday, but today's strength was fueled by biotechnology. The iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 341.92, +3.07) jumped 0.9% and helped the Nasdaq Composite display relative strength throughout the day.

In addition to receiving support from biotechnology, the tech-heavy Nasdaq benefited from strength among chipmakers. That being said, the PHLX Semiconductor Index ended just above its flat line after being up more than 0.8%. Similarly, the broader technology sector (-0.15%) settled just ahead of the broader market while its largest component-Apple (AAPL 126.01, -1.34)-lost 1.1%.

Elsewhere among cyclical sectors, energy (+0.3%) outperformed, narrowing its 2015 decline to 1.2% as crude oil soared 3.5% to $53.89/bbl. Strikingly, oil spent the day in a steady climb even as the Dollar Index (97.95, +1.18) jumped 1.2%. Most notably, the greenback rallied 1.1% against the euro, sending the single currency to 1.0815.

Also of note, the industrial sector (-0.1%) could not stay out of the red, but that masked relative strength among transport stocks after FedEx (FDX 171.16, +4.49) announced it will acquire TNT Express (TNTEY 8.26, +1.71) for $4.8 billion. The Dow Jones Transportation Average gained 0.5% while FedEx spiked 2.7%, helping the Dow Jones Industrial Average (-0.03%) finish ahead of other indices.

On the downside, the consumer discretionary sector (-0.5%) was the weakest performer among cyclical groups. Homebuilders struggled throughout the day while retail names slumped during the afternoon. The iShares Dow Jones US Home Construction ETF (ITB 28.01, -0.50) lost 1.8% while SPDR S&P Retail ETF (XRT 100.63, -0.88) settled lower by 0.9%.

Treasuries retreated throughout the morning, but backtracked from their lows throughout the afternoon. The benchmark 10-yr yield ticked down one basis point to 1.89%.

Today's participation was well below average with fewer than 650 million shares changing hands at the NYSE floor.

Economic data was limited to the Job Openings and Labor Turnover Survey and Consumer Credit:

The February Job Openings and Labor Turnover Survey showed that job openings increased to 5.133 million from a revised rate of 4.965 million (from 4.998 million)
The Consumer Credit report for February was showed an increase of $15.50 billion while the Briefing.com consensus expected a reading of $12.50 billion
The prior month's credit growth was revised to $10.80 billion from $11.60 billion

Tomorrow, the weekly MBA Mortgage Index will be reported at 7:00 ET while the FOMC minutes from the latest policy meeting will be released at 14:00 ET.

Nasdaq Composite +3.7% YTD
Russell 2000 +4.0% YTD
S&P 500 +0.9 YTD
Dow Jones Industrial Average +0.3% YTD

3:45 pm: [BRIEFING.COM]

Oil futures extended gains to above $54/barrel in afternoon trading activity
May crude ultimately closed $1.85 higher at $53.96/barrel.
may natural gas gained $0.03 to $2.68/MMBtu today.
Strength in the dollar index continued to weigh on select commodities such as gold and silver
June gold finished today's session -$8.10 to $1210.60/oz, while May silver closed $0.27 at $16.84/oz

3:00 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] The S&P 500 trades higher by 0.2% with one hour remaining in the session.

The Consumer Credit report for February was just released by the Federal Reserve and it showed an increase of $15.50 billion. That was higher than the Briefing.com consensus estimate of $12.50 billion. The prior month's credit growth was revised to $10.80 billion from $11.60 billion.

2:30 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] Quiet action continues with the S&P 500 (+0.3%) sitting in the top half of today's trading range.

The health care sector (+0.8%) remains in the lead while most of the remaining groups have inched away from their recent levels. Cyclical sectors, meanwhile, continue trading in mixed fashion with energy up 0.6% as crude oil heads for the pit close. The energy component enters the final minutes of pit session higher by 3.3% at $53.87/bbl. Thanks to today's gain, crude oil has narrowed its 2015 decline to 1.9%.

2:00 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] The S&P 500 hovers in the middle of today's trading range.

One of the key labor market indicators used by the Fed showed improvement in labor market conditions in February.

The number of job openings increased modestly in February, 5.1 mln from 5.0 mln in January.

Total separations declined to 4.7 mln in February from 4.8 mln in January.

More importantly, the percentage of people who voluntarily left their job (quit) in February increased to 57.8% from 57.5%. This statistic is considered as a sign of improving labor market conditions because workers only quit when they feel the likelihood of getting a better job has strengthened.

1:30 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] The major U.S. indices have extended their earlier gains and are resting just under their session highs.

In commodities, WTI crude oil futures (+2.3% to $53.35/bbl) continue to outperform after the U.S. Energy Information Administration released its 2015 summer fuel outlook. The EIA lowered its production figures for the year and said the lifting of Iran sanctions could allow up to 30 mln barrels of oil to enter the market.

In equities, shares of software firm Informatica (INFA 47.78, +1.95) have held steady after the company confirmed reports it will be taken private by the Permira Funds and Canada Pension Plan Investment Board for $48.75 per share, or ~$5.3 bln.

At the top of the hour, the Treasury auctioned off $24 bln in 3-year notes with a high yield of 0.865% on a bid-to-cover of 3.25. The offering was met with average demand, but saw increased interest from indirect bidders who had 49.4% of accepted offers versus a prior 12-auction average of 35.8%.

12:55 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] The major averages sport midday gains with the Nasdaq Composite (+0.5%) trading ahead of the S&P 500 (+0.3%).

Equity indices climbed out of the gate with yesterday's laggard-health care (+0.9%)-setting the pace. The largest countercyclical sector by weight remains in the lead thanks to solid gains among biotechnology companies. The iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 345.75, +6.90) has climbed 2.0%, which has given a boost to the Nasdaq Composite.

In addition, the Nasdaq has drawn strength from chipmakers as the PHLX Semiconductor Index trades higher by 0.8% with just five components in the red. For its part, the overall technology sector (+0.5%) has stayed ahead of the S&P 500 even though Apple (AAPL 126.86, -0.48) has given up 0.4%.

Meanwhile, the remaining cyclical sectors trade in mixed fashion. Consumer discretionary (unch), financials (unch), and materials (+0.1%) lag while energy (+0.7%) outperforms.

The energy sector has been boosted by a daylong rally in crude oil that has the energy component up 2.6% at $53.51/bbl. The advance has occurred despite notable greenback strength has helped the Dollar Index (97.69, +0.91) erase its decline from Friday.

Also of note, the industrial sector trades in-line with the S&P 500, but transport stocks have enjoyed a boost from FedEx (FDX 170.87, +4.20) after the company announced the acquisition of TNT Express (TNTEY 8.24, +1.69) for $4.8 billion. Shares of FDX are higher by 2.5% while the Dow Jones Transportation Average trades up 0.8%.

Treasuries hold modest losses after erasing their overnight gains with the 10-yr yield higher by a basis point at 1.91%.

Economic data released this morning was limited to the Job Openings and Labor Turnover Survey, which showed that job openings increased to 5.133 million from a revised rate of 4.965 million (from 4.998 million).

The Consumer Credit report for February will cross the wires at 15:00 ET (consensus $12.50 billion).

12:30 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] Equity indices have not gone anywhere since our last update with the S&P 500 trading higher by 0.4%.

Likewise, individual sectors have held their ground with health care (+0.9%) staying ahead of other groups. The largest countercyclical sectors has extended its 2015 gain to 6.2% while the second-best performer of the year-consumer discretionary (+0.1%)-remains near its flat line. Homebuilders have factored into underperformance with the iShares Dow Jones US Home Construction ETF (ITB 28.22, -0.29) lower by 1.0%. Meanwhile, restaurant names trade in mixed fashion with McDonald's (MCD 96.60, +0.32) higher by 0.3% and Yum! Brands (YUM 79.06, -0.67) down 0.9%.

11:55 am: [BRIEFING.COM] Not much change in the market with the S&P 500 (+0.3%) trading inside a five-point range that has been in effect for the past two hours.

The health care sector (+0.8%) remains in the lead while energy (+0.7%) follows just behind after erasing its early loss. The energy sector struggled alongside crude oil at the start of today's session, but the cyclical group has responded to a rally in the oil market.

WTI crude is now up 2.2% at $53.27/bbl even though the Dollar Index (97.72, +0.94) has extended to a new high for the day.

11:25 am: [BRIEFING.COM] Equity indices continue hovering near their highs with the Nasdaq (+0.4%) in the lead thanks to the relative strength among high-beta groups like biotechnology and chipmakers.

The iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 345.00, +6.15) is higher by 1.8% after registering the bulk of its spike during the opening hour. Meanwhile, microchip names have shown broad strength with the PHLX Semiconductor Index higher by 0.6%. Skyworks (SWKS 97.50, +2.03) is a standout performer, up 2.1%, while Micron (MU 27.18, -0.25) has given up 0.9%. In turn, the technology sector (+0.4%) remains among the leaders.

Also of note, consumer discretionary (unch) and financials (-0.1%) have dipped into the red.

10:55 am: [BRIEFING.COM] The stock market has built on its early gain with the S&P 500 now up 0.4%.

Eight sectors continue trading in the green but there is some relative weakness among cyclical groups. Energy (+0.6%), industrials (+0.4%), and technology (+0.5%) outperform while consumer discretionary (unch) and financials (unch) underperform. However, their underperformance has been offset by a solid gain in the health care sector (+0.9%).

Also of note, the industrial sector has received support from transport stocks after FedEx (FDX 172.09, +5.42) agreed to acquire TNT Express (TNTEY 8.32, +1.77) for $4.8 billion. Shares of FDX have jumped 3.3% while the Dow Jones Transportation Average has climbed 1.0%.

10:35 am: [BRIEFING.COM]

The dollar index saw strength in early morning trading, reaching as high as 97.74, and has been weighing on oil, gold and silver futures. The dollar index is now currently trading at 97.50
Oil weakness was additionally driven by headlines surrounding a meeting between Iran and China in regards to additional oil sales (China is the largest importer of Iranian oil), and a bearish note by Goldman Sachs.
However, in the most recent trading activity WTI crude just rallied over $1.30/barrel to a new HoD of $52.68/barrel
Oil is currently trading at $52.42/barrel, +0.6 %
Precious metals are trading lower today as well, largely driven by strength in the dollar index
June gold is currently -0.45% to $1,213.10/oz, while May silver is -1.6% at $16.85/oz
Copper is trading modestly higher today. The May contract is currently at +1.8% at $2.76/lb

10:00 am: [BRIEFING.COM] The major averages remain near their early highs with the Nasdaq (+0.3%) trading just ahead of the S&P 500 (+0.2%).

On the economic front, the February Job Openings and Labor Turnover Survey showed that job openings increased to 5.133 million from a revised rate of 4.965 million (from 4.998 million).

9:40 am: [BRIEFING.COM] Equity indices climbed out of the gate with the Nasdaq Composite (+0.4%) in the lead while the S&P 500 (+0.3%) follows not far behind.

Eight of ten sectors are among the early advancers with yesterday's underperformer-health care (+0.8%)-setting the pace. The sector has received significant support from biotechnology, evidenced by a 1.6% spike in iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 344.38, +5.53). That strength explains the early outperformance of the Nasdaq.

On the flip side, energy (-0.3%) and utilities (-0.3%) hold modest losses.

The Job Openings and Labor Turnover Survey for February will be released at 10:00 ET.

9:10 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +2.50. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +1.20. The stock market is on track for a slightly higher open as futures on the S&P 500 trade two points above fair value.

Yesterday, equity indices began the day under pressure, but the early selling was a distant memory by the time the closing bell sounded. Given the current indication, the market will be in position to extend yesterday's gain at the open.

The pre-market advance has taken place despite dollar strength that has the Dollar Index (97.66, +0.88) trading higher by 0.9% and back above its opening level from Friday.

Investors did not receive any economic data this morning, but the Job Openings and Labor Turnover Survey for February will be released at 10:00 ET and the February Consumer Credit report will cross the wires at 15:00 ET (consensus $12.50 billion).

Things have been relatively quiet on the corporate front, but the Dow Jones Transportation Average is expected to see an early boost from FedEx (FDX 173.40, +6.53). The logistics company has jumped 4.0% in pre-market after agreeing to acquire TNT Express (TNTEY 6.55, 0.00) for $4.8 billion.

Elsewhere, Treasuries have extended yesterday's decline with the 10-yr yield higher by a basis point at 1.91%.

8:54 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +3.00. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +2.80. The S&P 500 futures trade three points above fair value.

Following in the wake of Wall Street's turnaround on Monday, markets in the Asia-Pacific region were up pretty much across-the-board on Tuesday, paced by a 2.5% surge in China's Shanghai Composite. On a separate note, The Reserve Bank of Australia left its key interest rate unchanged at 2.25% while the Reserve Bank of India also maintained its policy stance, keeping its main interest rate at 7.5%. Both decisions were in-line with expectations.

Economic data was limited:
Australia's February Retail Sales +0.7% month-over-month (expected 0.4%; prior 0.5%) while ANZ Job Advertisements -1.4% month-over-month (prior 0.7%)

------

Japan's Nikkei increased 1.3% with gains registered by all sectors. Influential leaders included the basic materials (+2.4%), financial (+2.0%), industrial (+1.5%), and consumer non-cyclical (+1.4%) sectors. Nippon Light Metals Holding Co (+6.3%), Tokyo Fudosan Holdings (+5.9%), and Nisshin Steel Co (+5.7%) were the best-performing stocks. Out of the 225 index members, 205 ended higher, only 17 finished lower, and 8 were unchanged.
Hong Kong's Hang Seng was closed for a holiday.
China's Shanghai Composite surged 2.5%, ending at its high for the session and at a new seven-year high. The advance was broad-based and was paced by gains in the financial sector. The Shanghai Composite is up 22.5% year-to-date and nearly 100% over the last year.

Major European indices trade higher across the board with France's CAC (+1.7%) and UK's FTSE (+1.5%) jockeying for the lead. In news, Germany's finance ministry has once again pushed back against Greece's demands for World War II reparations after a Greek official claimed his country is owed EUR279 billion.

In economic data:
Eurozone February PPI +0.5% month-over-month (expected 0.1%; prior -1.1%); -2.8% year-over-year (consensus -3.0%; previous -3.5%). Separately, Services PMI ticked down to 54.2 from 54.3 (expected 54.3)
Germany's Services PMI ticked up to 55.4 from 55.3 (consensus 55.3)
UK's Services PMI jumped to 58.9 from 56.7 (consensus 57.0)
France's Services PMI fell to 52.4 from 52.8 (expected 52.8)
Italy's Services PMI improved to 51.6 from 50.0 (expected 51.1)

------

Germany's DAX is higher by 1.3% with all but three names trading in the green. Basic materials outperform with BASF, ThyssenKrupp, and Lanxess showing gains between 1.9% and 2.6%. On the flip side, Deutsche Lufthansa has given up 2.0% while automakers BMW and Daimler display losses close to 0.5% apiece.
UK's FTSE has added 1.5% amid broad strength. Energy-related names appear among the leaders with BG Group, BP, and Royal Dutch Shell up between 2.3% and 5.5%.
France's CAC trades up 1.7% with growth-sensitive components pacing the advance. ArcelorMittal, Total, and Technip sport gains between 2.2% and 3.9%. Valeo is the lone decliner, off 0.1%.

8:25 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +5.50. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +8.30. U.S. equity futures continue holding modest gains while markets in Europe also trade in the green.

Yesterday, equity indices began the day with slim losses, but came roaring back in broad-based fashion. The energy sector jumped 1.8% and finished ahead of its peers with help from crude oil, which soared 6.1% to $52.11/bbl. Today, however, crude has retreated 1.1% to $51.54/bbl amid continued dollar strength. The Dollar Index (97.63, +0.85) is higher by 0.9% after erasing the rest of its decline from Friday.

7:56 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +5.00. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +8.40. U.S. equity futures trade modestly higher amid upbeat action overseas. The S&P 500 futures hover five points above fair value after trading within an eight-point range overnight.

Meanwhile, the Dollar Index (97.45, +0.68) is higher by 0.7% with the greenback showing a solid gain (+0.6%) against the euro (1.0875). The early advance has helped the index recover the remainder of its decline from Friday.

Conversely, dollar strength has weighed on commodities with crude oil trading lower by 0.9% at $51.67/bbl.

Today's economic data will be limited to the Job Openings and Labor Turnover Survey for February, which will be released at 10:00 ET, and the February Consumer Credit report, which will cross the wires at 15:00 ET (consensus $12.50 billion).

Treasuries hover just below their flat lines with the 10-yr yield at 1.90%.

In U.S. corporate news of note:

American Express (AXP 79.04, -0.59): -0.7% in reaction to an Oppenheimer downgrade to 'Underperform' from 'Perform.'
FedEx (FDX 173.57, +6.90): +4.3% after agreeing to acquire TNT Express (TNTEY 6.55, 0.00) for $4.8 billion.
General Motors (GM 35.89, -0.77): -2.1% after the Canadian government sold its remaining stake in the company to Goldman Sachs.
Greenbrier (GBX 63.60, +3.00): +5.0% after beating estimates and boosting its guidance.
Informatica (INFA 48.20, +2.37): +5.2% after the Wall Street Journal reported the company may be taken private by Permira & CPPIB for $48-50/share.

Reviewing overnight developments:

Asian markets ended higher. Japan's Nikkei +1.3%, China's Shanghai Composite +2.5%, and Hong Kong's Hang Seng was closed for the day following Easter Monday.
Economic data was limited:
Australia's February Retail Sales +0.7% month-over-month (expected 0.4%; prior 0.5%) while ANZ Job Advertisements -1.4% month-over-month (prior 0.7%)
In news:
The Reserve Bank of Australia left its key interest rate unchanged at 2.25%, as expected
The Reserve Bank of India also maintained its policy stance, keeping its main interest rate at 7.5%, as expected

Major European indices trade higher across the board. Germany's DAX +1.2%, France's CAC +1.5%, and UK's FTSE +1.5%. Elsewhere, Spain's IBEX +1.1% and Italy's MIB +1.5%
In economic data:
Eurozone February PPI +0.5% month-over-month (expected 0.1%; prior -1.1%); -2.8% year-over-year (consensus -3.0%; previous -3.5%). Separately, Services PMI ticked down to 54.2 from 54.3 (expected 54.3)
Germany's Services PMI ticked up to 55.4 from 55.3 (consensus 55.3)
UK's Services PMI jumped to 58.9 from 56.7 (consensus 57.0)
France's Services PMI fell to 52.4 from 52.8 (expected 52.8)
Italy's Services PMI improved to 51.6 from 50.0 (expected 51.1)
Among news of note:
Germany's finance ministry has once again pushed back against Greece's demands for World War II reparations after a Greek official claimed his country is owed EUR279 billion

5:49 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +1.30. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -0.50.

5:49 am: [BRIEFING.COM] Nikkei...19640.54...+242.60...+1.30%. Hang Seng...Holiday.........

5:49 am: [BRIEFING.COM] FTSE...6922.25...+88.80...+1.30%. DAX...12088.53...+121.10...+1.00%.

Special thanks to Bloomberg, Briefing, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance for their market summaries. gm

Best Regards,
M.A. Perry
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
Image@ http://twitter.com/wrbtrader Image@ http://stocktwits.com/wrbtrader

http://www.thestrategylab.com
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
Skype Messenger: kebec2002
questions@thestrategylab.com
Go Back To TheStrategyLab.com Homepage