TheStrategyLab.com Price Action Trading Support Forum

Forum for price action traders that want to learn WRB Analysis basic tutorial chapters 1, 2 and 3 prior to purchasing our advance trade methods. Hashtags: #wrbanalysis #wrbzone #wrbhiddengap #priceaction #trading
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: April 6th Monday Trade Results - Profit $5697.50
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:38 am 
Site Admin

Trade Results of M.A. Perry
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
Price Action Trading (no technical indicators)
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
Free Chat Room: http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164
Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
questions@thestrategylab.com (24/7)
http://twitter.com/wrbtrader (24/7)

Attachment:
040615-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-PnL-Blotter-Profit+5697.50.png
040615-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-PnL-Blotter-Profit+5697.50.png [ 90.11 KiB | Viewed 325 times ]

click on the above image to view today's performance verification

Price Action Trade Performance for Today: Emini TF ($TF_F) futures @ ($740.00) dollars or -7.40 points, Emini ES ($ES_F) futures @ $6,437.50 dollars or +128.75 points, Light Crude Oil CL ($CL_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Gold GC ($GC_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points and EuroFX 6E ($6E_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.0000 ticks. Total Profit @ $5697.50 dollars

Russell 2000 Emini TF Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ The ICE
S&P 500 Emini ES Futures: 1 tick or 0.25 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Light Crude Oil CL (WTI) Futures: 1 tick or 0.01 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Gold GC Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
EuroFX 6E Futures: 1 tick or 0.0001 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup

Trade Log: All of my trades were posted real-time in the timestamp ##TheStrategyLab chat room. You can read today's price action trading information about my trades (e.g. time, price entry, contract size, price exit) as the trade traversed to its completion. Also, sometimes I'll post real-time trading tips in ##TheStrategyLab chat room involving WRBs, WRB Hidden GAPs, Key Market Events (KME), Tutorial Chapters 2 & 3, WRB Zones, Reaction Highs/Lows, Contracting Volatility or Expanding Volatility. Its all archived @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/ftchat/forum/viewtopic.php?f=142&t=2045

Quote:
All of my real-time posted trades involves price action concepts from the WRB Analysis free study guide, Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 4 - 12 and the Volatility Trading Report (VTR) trade signal strategies. Analysis -----> Trade Signals

Also, posted below are direct links to information about my price action trade methodology and trading plan (there's a difference between the two) that enables me to identify key trading areas in the price action that represent changes in supply/demand and volatility along with being able to exploit these changes via WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis). I'm primarily a day trader because it suits my personal lifestyle but I do occasionally swing trade and position trade. Simply, my trade method is applicable for position trading, swing trading and day trading.

Image ##TheStrategyLab Chat Room is free. Members and I use the chat room to post WRB Analysis commentary, real-time trades and to post anything else related to trading. The chat room helps me tremendously in my own trading because I use it to document (journal) general volatility analysis involving WRB Analysis so that I can easily review at a later date my thoughts as I interacted with the markets...info I can not get from my broker statements. Also, this is not a signal calling chat room where a head trader tells you when to buy or sell and I do not have the time/energy/resources to manage a signal calling chat room. Access instructions for chat room @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164

Image Price Action Analysis via Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/WRBAnalysisTutorials.htm and there's a free study guide of the WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1, 2 and 3 @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=718

Analysis -----> Trade Signals

Image Trade Signal Strategies via Volatility Trading Report (VTR) @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/VolatilityTrading.htm and there's a free trade signal strategy @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=89 so that you can freely test drive one of our price action trade strategies with support (answering your questions) prior to purchasing the Volatility Trading Report (VTR). All WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1 - 12 are included in the purchase of the Volatility Trading Report (VTR).

Image Trading Plan Daily Routine @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=261&t=2728

-----------------------------

Market Context Summaries

The below summaries by Bloomberg, Briefing, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance helps me to do a quick review of the fundamentals, FED/ECB/BOE/IMF actions or any important global economic events (e.g. Eurozone, MarketWatch.com) that had an impact on today's price action in many trading instruments I monitor during the trading day. Simply, I'm a strong believer that key market events causes key changes in supply/demand and volatility resulting in trade opportunities (swing points and strong continuation price actions) that reach profit targets. Thus, I pay attention to these key market events, intermarket analysis (e.g. Forex EurUsd, EuroFX 6E futures, Gold GC futures, Light Crude Oil (WTI) CL & Brent Oil futures, Eurex DAX futures, Euronext FTSE100 futures, Emini ES futures, Emini TF futures, Treasury ZB futures and U.S. Dollar Index futures) while using WRB Analysis from one trade to the next trade to give me the market context for price action trading before the appearance of my technical analysis trade signals. Therefore, I maintain these archives to allow me to understand what was happening on any given trading day in the past involving key market events to help better understand my trade decisions (day trading, swing trading, position trading)...something I can not get from my broker statements alone. Further, most financial websites remove (delete) their archives after a few years to make room for new content. Therefore, I maintain my own archives of the news content so that I have it available for me when financial websites no longer archives their content.

Attachment:
040615-Key-Price-Action-Markets.png
040615-Key-Price-Action-Markets.png [ 1.05 MiB | Viewed 308 times ]

click on the above image to view today's price action of key markets

4:10 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] The major averages began the week on an upbeat note after shaking off their opening losses that were brought on by a disappointing jobs report for March. The S&P 500 spiked 0.7% while the Nasdaq Composite (+0.6%) followed not far behind.

The Nonfarm Payrolls report for March was released on Friday and it disappointed on all fronts. Only 126,000 payrolls were added while the Briefing.com consensus expected a reading of 250,000. Since the cash market was closed on Friday, the news weighed on the futures market, sending futures on the S&P 500 down 20 points.

Index futures were able to cut their losses in half by today's opening bell and the S&P 500 erased a ten-point deficit just 15 minutes into the session. The index spent the rest of the day in a steady climb with all ten sectors logging gains. Once again, the market interpreted bad news as good, rallying on the belief that the disappointing jobs report will cause the Federal Reserve to postpone its first rate hike.

Three sectors posted gains of 1.0% or more with energy (+1.8%) spending the bulk of the session in the lead. The growth-sensitive sector trimmed its 2015 decline to 1.3% with significant help from crude oil, which surged 6.1% to $52.11/bbl. This morning, Saudi Arabia announced it will hike its prices for oil exports to Asia for the second consecutive month.

Interestingly, crude oil held its ground during afternoon action even as the Dollar Index (97.03, +0.48) erased roughly half of its decline from Friday. Meanwhile, Treasuries retraced their entire spike from Friday, sending the 10-yr yield higher by seven basis points to 1.90%.

Elsewhere, the top-weighted technology sector (+1.0%) began among the laggards, but finished ahead of most other groups. Large cap names did some heavy lifting with Microsoft (MSFT 41.54, +1.26) jumping 3.1% after Wells Fargo upgraded the stock to 'Outperform' from 'Market Perform.' Meanwhile, chipmakers underperformed with the PHLX Semiconductor Index adding 0.5%.

Also of note, the industrial sector (+0.8%) outperformed even as transport stocks struggled. The Dow Jones Transportation Average lost 0.4% with airlines pacing the decline amid today's increase in oil prices.

Over on the countercyclical side, consumer staples (+0.8%) and utilities (+1.3%) outperformed while telecom services (+0.4%) and health care (+0.1%) lagged. Biotechnology kept the health care sector under pressure with iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 338.85, -0.85) shedding 0.3%.

Today's participation was ahead of recent averages with more than 885 million shares changed hands at the NYSE floor.

Economic data was limited to Nonfarm Payrolls and ISM Services:

Nonfarm payrolls increased by only 126,000 in March to follow a downwardly revised 264,000 (from 295,000) in February. The Briefing.com Consensus expected an increase of 250,000
That was the first time jobs growth did not exceed 200,000 since February 2014, and it was the smallest increase since 109,000 jobs were added in December 2013
Private payrolls increased by 129,000 jobs, down from a downwardly revised 264,000 (from 288,000) in February while the consensus expected the addition of 245,000 jobs.
Average hourly earnings increased by a solid 0.3% after increasing by only 0.1% in February, but those gains were offset a significant cut in the number of hours workers. The average workweek fell to 34.5 hours in March from 34.6 in February
Altogether, aggregate earnings increased by only 0.1% in March, down from a 0.3% increase in February, which is not sufficient to support consumption growth
The ISM Non-Manufacturing Index declined to 56.5 in March from 56.9 in February while the Briefing.com consensus expected no change

Tomorrow, the Job Openings and Labor Turnover Survey for February will be released at 10:00 ET while the February Consumer Credit report will cross the wires at 15:00 ET (consensus $12.50 billion).

Nasdaq Composite +3.8% YTD
Russell 2000 +4.7% YTD
S&P 500 +1.1% YTD
Dow Jones Industrial Average +0.3% YTD

3:40 pm: [BRIEFING.COM]

Oil prices rallied today following news that Saudi Arabia raised prices to Asian customers
However, some strength also came following the Iran nuclear deal (please see our posts on that from Thursday under COMDX and USO)
In short, no real deal came out of the talks... more like a preliminary deal that needs to be worked on
This told the market that U.S. oil sanctions being lifted, which would boost Iran exports and therefore add more oil to the currently global market, was really no longer a concern for now
At the end of today's pit session, May crude closed $3.01 higher (or +3.1%) at $52.11/barrel. Brent, heating oil and RBOB futures also all closed notably higher.
RBOB rallied 4.5% to $1.84/gallon, while heating oil rose 5.4% to $1.68/gallon.
In other energy, May nat gas lost $0.06 to $2.71/MMBtu.
Copper was rather uneventful, closing today's session $0.01 lower at $2.72/lb
Precious metals held strong gains. June gold rose $17.70 at $1218.70/oz, while May silver rose $0.39 to $17.11/oz

3:00 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] The S&P 500 trades higher by 0.9% with one hour remaining in the session. The benchmark index erased its opening loss during the initial 30 minutes and has padded that gain throughout the trading day.

Thanks to today's advance, nine of ten sectors are now in the green for the month of April while the health care sector remains lower by 0.6% so far this month. Biotechnology has contributed to the underperformance with the iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 339.73, +0.03) down 1.0% so far in April.

2:30 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] Quiet afternoon action continues with the key indices drifting near their highs. The Russell 2000 (+0.5%) displayed relative strength at the open, but the small cap index has been overtaken by the S&P 500 (+0.9%).

All ten sectors trade in the green with six groups showing gains of 1.0% or more. Energy (+2.1%) remains in the lead with crude oil continuing its advance into the pit close. WTI crude is currently higher by 5.7% at $51.96/bbl.

Elsewhere, Treasuries remain near their lows with the 10-yr yield higher by six basis points at 1.90%.

1:55 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] The major averages hover near their best levels of the day.

The key economic news of the "day" remains last week's release of the March employment report.

Nonfarm payrolls added only 126,000 new jobs in March, down from a downwardly revised 264,000 (from 295,000) in February. The Briefing.com Consensus expected nonfarm payrolls to increase by 250,000.

That was the first time jobs growth did not exceed 200,000 since February 2014, and it was the smallest increase since 109,000 jobs were added in December 2013.

The knee-jerk reaction to the poor jobs numbers is to blame inclement weather conditions for the slowdown, but that is not necessarily true.

First, weather conditions in March were milder than in February. Softer job growth should have appeared a month earlier in February.

Second, the poor economic data from February, which was also blamed on winter weather, was weak across the board. Areas of the country that were not hard hit by inclement weather, like California, experienced some of the same economic slowdowns that were seen in the Midwest and Northeast.

Third, researchers from the Chicago Federal Reserve modeled extreme inclement weather impacts on economic growth and found that there were very little effects. Last year, when inclement weather was blamed for the first quarter contraction, the researchers found that the weather impact was extremely minor.

A more likely explanation is that economic growth is just not as robust as many expected. Overall demand growth remains tepid, and job growth, at least in March, matched those trends.

1:30 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] Strength in the U.S. equity indices has continued with stocks touching new session highs in recent trade.

With the major U.S. markets at their intra-day highs, all ten S&P sectors are in positive territory, led by energy (+2.1%), which is being boosted by notable strength with WTI crude oil futures (+6% to $52.10/bbl).

In equities, shares in healthcare and senior housing REIT Ventas (VTR 76.96, +3.73) are outperforming after the company announced it has signed a definitive agreement to acquire privately-owned Ardent Medical Services for $1.75 bln in cash and also shared plans to spin off most of its post-acute/skilled nursing facility portfolio into an independent, publicly traded REIT.

Despite a lackluster flow of news this afternoon, volume has been steady as traders return to the markets following the holiday weekend

12:55 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] The major averages sport solid midday gains with the Dow (+0.8%) and S&P 500 (+0.8%) trading ahead of the Nasdaq Composite (+0.7%).

Equity indices hover near their highs after shaking off a March nonfarm payrolls report, which was a disappointment. Per the report, only 126,000 payrolls were added last month while the Briefing.com consensus expected a reading of 250,000.

The disappointing news caused a 20-point plunge in S&P 500 futures on Friday, but futures cut that loss in half by today's opening bell. Once the cash session began, the benchmark index was back above its flat line within the opening hour.

In all likelihood, the swift rebound was predicated on the belief that the poor jobs report would cause the Fed to postpone its first rate hike. Accordingly, the Dollar Index lost 0.9% on Friday while Treasuries spiked. The Dollar Index has held its ground since then while Treasuries have retraced their entire move. The 10-yr note sits on its low with its yield higher by six basis points at 1.90%.

All ten sectors trade in the green with energy (+2.0%) holding the lead. The sector has received support from crude oil, which has soared 5.3% to $51.79/bbl. Meanwhile, the remaining cyclical groups sport slimmer gains.

The financial sector (+0.3%) lags while technology (+0.8%) trades in-line with the market after erasing its earlier loss. Chipmakers, however, continue showing relative weakness with the PHLX Semiconductor Index higher by 0.2%.

Similar to chipmakers, the high-beta biotech groups has struggled. The iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 340.49, +0.79) has turned positive in recent going while the health care sector (+0.4%) trades only ahead of financials.

Economic data was limited to Nonfarm Payrolls and ISM Services:

Nonfarm payrolls increased by only 126,000 in March to follow a downwardly revised 264,000 (from 295,000) in February. The Briefing.com Consensus expected an increase of 250,000
That was the first time jobs growth did not exceed 200,000 since February 2014, and it was the smallest increase since 109,000 jobs were added in December 2013
Private payrolls increased by 129,000 jobs, down from a downwardly revised 264,000 (from 288,000) in February while the consensus expected the addition of 245,000 jobs.
Average hourly earnings increased by a solid 0.3% after increasing by only 0.1% in February, but those gains were offset a significant cut in the number of hours workers. The average workweek fell to 34.5 hours in March from 34.6 in February
Altogether, aggregate earnings increased by only 0.1% in March, down from a 0.3% increase in February, which is not sufficient to support consumption growth
The ISM Non-Manufacturing Index declined to 56.5 in March from 56.9 in February while the Briefing.com consensus expected no change

12:25 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] Equity indices have spent the past hour inside narrow ranges after a swift recovery from their opening lows.

Individual sectors have padded their gains with energy (+1.8%) overtaking the utilities sector (+1.6%) for the lead. Just like the energy sector, crude oil has continued its rally and is now up 5.3% at $51.74/bbl. Including today's gain, crude oil is now back near levels seen for the majority of February.

Elsewhere, the health care sector (+0.4%) remains behind the broader market, but the group has climbed ahead of financials (+0.3%).

11:55 am: [BRIEFING.COM] Recent action saw the S&P 500 (+0.7%) inch to a fresh session high. The benchmark index has continued its steady climb off the opening low with all ten sectors contributing to the advance.

The health care sector (+0.2%) trades at the bottom of the leaderboard amid relative weakness in the biotechnology group. Still, the sector has held up better than the iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 339.43, -0.27), which is lower by 0.1%. The underperformance in biotech has kept the Nasdaq Composite (+0.5%) behind the benchmark index while high-beta chipmakers have also struggled to keep pace. The PHLX Semiconductor Index (+0.1%) hovers just above its flat line.

11:25 am: [BRIEFING.COM] Equity indices hover near their recently-established highs with the S&P 500 (+0.6%) in the lead.

All ten sectors are now in the green with energy (+1.4%) representing the only cyclical sector with a gain of 1.0% or more. The sector has been underpinned by crude oil, which has surged 4.7% to $51.46/bbl. The energy component has been supported by a couple factors, including dollar weakness and news that Saudi Arabia will hike its prices for oil exports to Asia for the second consecutive month.

Elsewhere, Treasuries have continued their retreat with the 10-yr yield higher by five basis points at 1.88%.

10:55 am: [BRIEFING.COM] The major averages sit on their highs after spending the first hour of the session in a steady charge off their early lows. The S&P 500 (+0.5%) started the day with a ten point deficit, but the index is now up about ten points for the session.

Thanks to the rebound, the financial sector is the only group remaining in the red while the other nine sectors sport gains. Utilities (+1.5%) and energy (+1.1%) have maintained the lead since the start while the technology sector now trades in-line with the market after showing relative weakness in the early going.

Several large cap tech components have shown relative strength with Apple (AAPL 126.97, +1.65) and Microsoft (MSFT 40.94, +0.65) higher by 1.3% and 1.6%, respectively.

10:35 am: [BRIEFING.COM]

Oil futures rallied this morning after Saudi Arabia raises prices for oil sales going to Asia for the second month in a row.
Separately, the dollar index has been selling this morning, which has helped provide more support to commodities
The dollar index is currently at today's low and is now -0.2% at 96.39
May crude oil is now +3.4% at $50.80/barrel. In other energy, May natural gas futures are -2.5% at $2.65/MMBtu.
Precious metals rallied this morning as well
June gold is +1.7% at $1220.90/oz in current trade, while May silver is 3.3% at $17.25/oz
In base metals, May copper is -0.8% at $2.71/lb.

10:00 am: [BRIEFING.COM] Equity indices have wasted no time erasing their opening losses. The S&P 500 (+0.1%) hovers just above its flat line after surging ten points off its opening low.

Just reported, the ISM Services Index for March fell to 56.5 from 56.9 while the Briefing.com consensus expected the index to hold at 56.9.

9:45 am: [BRIEFING.COM] The major averages began the day under pressure before erasing a portion of their opening losses. The Dow Jones Industrial Average (-0.2%) is the weakest performer in the early going while the small cap Russell 2000 (+0.1%) has held up well through the opening minutes.

For its part, the S&P 500 trades lower by 0.1% with four sectors showing losses. Notably, the heavily-weighted technology (-0.2%) and financials (-0.8%) are among the early underperformers. Conversely, the defensively-oriented utilities sector has climbed 0.7% while energy (+0.4%) trades ahead of other cyclical sectors.

Treasuries remain on their lows with the 10-yr yield higher by a basis point at 1.85%.

The ISM Services Index for March (Briefing.com consensus 56.9) will be released at 10:00 ET.

9:08 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: -12.30. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -27.20. The stock market is on track for a lower open as futures on the S&P 500 trade 12 points below fair value.

Index futures tumbled on Friday morning after the Nonfarm Payrolls report for March disappointed on all fronts. According to the report, only 126,000 payrolls were added in March while the Briefing.com consensus expected a reading of 250,000. Furthermore, average workweek ticked down to 34.5 hours from 34.6 that was reported in February.

Understandably, the news pressured the greenback, sending the Dollar Index (96.41, -0.13) lower by 0.9%. Today, however, the Dollar Index trades little changed. Meanwhile, Treasuries spiked with the 10-yr yield sliding seven basis points to 1.84%. The benchmark yield has inched up to 1.85% this morning.

With the dollar pressured, crude oil has enjoyed a strong start to the week. The energy component is currently higher by 2.5% at $50.38/bbl while gold futures have added 1.7% to $1221.20/ozt.

Today's economic data will be limited to the 10:00 ET release of the ISM Services Index for March (Briefing.com consensus 56.9).

8:53 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: -13.20. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -29.80. The S&P 500 futures trade 13 points below fair value.

Most Asian markets were closed on Monday while Japan's Nikkei (-0.2%) ended modestly lower. The Japanese yen spiked on Friday, pressuring the dollar/yen pair into the 119.00 area, where it currently trades.

In economic data:
Japan's February Leading Index ticked down to 105.3 from 105.5 (expected 105.2)
India's HSBC Services PMI fell to 53.0 from 53.9

------

Japan's Nikkei shed 0.2% with financial (-0.8%) and industrial (-0.6%) sectors leading the retreat. On the flip side, consumer names outperformed with the staples sector adding 0.8%.
Hong Kong's Hang Seng was closed.
China's Shanghai Composite was also closed.

European markets are closed for Easter Monday. Not much has changed with regard to Greece, but Finance Minister Yanis Varoufakis said he expects to reach a general agreement with creditors by April 24.

Economic data was limited:
Spain's Unemployment Change -60,200 (expected -18,300; prior -13,500)

8:25 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: -13.90. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -30.10. U.S. equity futures remain pressured with S&P 500 futures trading 14 points below fair value. Last week ended with a disappointing jobs report for March and this week will be very quiet on the economic front. Today's data will be limited to the 10:00 ET release of the ISM Services Index for March (Briefing.com consensus 56.9) while tomorrow's economic news will be limited to JOLTS and Consumer Credit (consensus $12.50 billion).

Moving on, Wednesday will feature the latest FOMC Minutes while Thursday will bring weekly Initial Claims (consensus 285K) and Wholesale Inventories (expected 0.2%).

Finally, Friday will include Import/Export Prices and the Treasury Budget for March.

7:54 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: -14.90. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -33.20. U.S. equity futures trade near their pre-market lows following the disappointing March Nonfarm Payrolls report that was released on Friday morning. According to the report, only 126,000 payrolls were added in March while the Briefing.com consensus expected a reading of 250,000. In addition to disappointing on the headline level, average workweek ticked down to 34.5 hours from 34.6 that was reported in February.

Understandably, the report pressured the greenback, sending the Dollar Index (96.65, 0.00) lower by 0.9%. Today, however, the Dollar Index trades flat. Meanwhile, Treasuries spiked with the 10-yr yield sliding seven basis points to 1.84%, where it currently trades.

The S&P 500 futures trade 15 points below fair value.

Today's economic data will be limited to the 10:00 ET release of the ISM Services Index for March (Briefing.com consensus 56.9).

In U.S. corporate news of note:

Herbalife (HLF 39.76, -3.15): -7.3% in reaction to reports some top company officials were contacted by law enforcement agencies.
Microsoft (MSFT 40.43, +0.14): +0.4% after Wells Fargo upgraded the stock to 'Outperform' from 'Market Perform.'

Reviewing overnight developments:

Most Asian markets were closed, but Japan's Nikkei -0.2%
In economic data:
Japan's February Leading Index ticked down to 105.3 from 105.5 (expected 105.2)
India's HSBC Services PMI fell to 53.0 from 53.9
In news:
The Japanese yen spiked on Friday, pressuring the dollar/yen pair into the 119.00 area, where it currently trades

European markets are closed for Easter Monday
Economic data was limited:
Spain's Unemployment Change -60,200 (expected -18,300; prior -13,500)
Among news of note:
Greek Finance Minister Yanis Varoufakis said he expects to reach a general agreement with creditors by April 24

6:12 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: -15.00. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -35.00.

6:12 am: [BRIEFING.COM] Nikkei...19,397.98...-37.10...-0.20%. Hang Seng...Holiday.........

6:12 am: [BRIEFING.COM] FTSE...Holiday......... DAX...Holiday.........

Special thanks to Bloomberg, Briefing, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance for their market summaries. gm

Best Regards,
M.A. Perry
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
Image@ http://twitter.com/wrbtrader Image@ http://stocktwits.com/wrbtrader

http://www.thestrategylab.com
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
Skype Messenger: kebec2002
questions@thestrategylab.com
Go Back To TheStrategyLab.com Homepage