TheStrategyLab.com Price Action Trading Support Forum

Forum for price action traders that want to learn WRB Analysis basic tutorial chapters 1, 2 and 3 prior to purchasing our advance trade methods. Hashtags: #wrbanalysis #wrbzone #wrbhiddengap #priceaction #trading
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: March 3rd Tuesday Trade Results - Profit $1120.00
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:27 am 
Site Admin

Trade Results of M.A. Perry
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
Price Action Trading (no technical indicators)
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
Free Chat Room: http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164
Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
questions@thestrategylab.com (24/7)
http://twitter.com/wrbtrader (24/7)

Attachment:
030315-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-PnL-Blotter-Profit+1120.00.png
030315-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-PnL-Blotter-Profit+1120.00.png [ 89.71 KiB | Viewed 301 times ]

click on the above image to view today's performance verification

Price Action Trade Performance for Today: Emini TF ($TF_F) futures @ $1,120.00 dollars or +11.20 points, Emini ES ($ES_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Light Crude Oil CL ($CL_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Gold GC ($GC_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points and EuroFX 6E ($6E_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.0000 ticks. Total Profit @ $1,120.00 dollars

Russell 2000 Emini TF Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ The ICE
S&P 500 Emini ES Futures: 1 tick or 0.25 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Light Crude Oil CL (WTI) Futures: 1 tick or 0.01 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Gold GC Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
EuroFX 6E Futures: 1 tick or 0.0001 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup

Trade Log: All of my trades were posted real-time in the timestamp ##TheStrategyLab chat room. You can read today's price action trading information about my trades (e.g. time, price entry, contract size, price exit) as the trade traversed to its completion. Also, sometimes I'll post real-time trading tips in ##TheStrategyLab chat room involving WRBs, WRB Hidden GAPs, Key Market Events (KME), Tutorial Chapters 2 & 3, WRB Zones, Reaction Highs/Lows, Contracting Volatility or Expanding Volatility. Its all archived @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/ftchat/forum/viewtopic.php?f=141&t=2019

Quote:
All of my real-time posted trades involves price action concepts from the WRB Analysis free study guide, Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 4 - 12 and the Volatility Trading Report (VTR) trade signal strategies. Analysis -----> Trade Signals

Also, posted below are direct links to information about my price action trade methodology and trading plan (there's a difference between the two) that enables me to identify key trading areas in the price action that represent changes in supply/demand and volatility along with being able to exploit these changes via WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis). I'm primarily a day trader because it suits my personal lifestyle but I do occasionally swing trade and position trade. Simply, my trade method is applicable for position trading, swing trading and day trading.

Image ##TheStrategyLab Chat Room is free. Members and I use the chat room to post WRB Analysis commentary, real-time trades and to post anything else related to trading. The chat room helps me tremendously in my own trading because I use it to document (journal) general volatility analysis involving WRB Analysis so that I can easily review at a later date my thoughts as I interacted with the markets...info I can not get from my broker statements. Also, this is not a signal calling chat room where a head trader tells you when to buy or sell and I do not have the time/energy/resources to manage a signal calling chat room. Access instructions for chat room @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164

Image Price Action Analysis via Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/WRBAnalysisTutorials.htm and there's a free study guide of the WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1, 2 and 3 @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=718

Analysis -----> Trade Signals

Image Trade Signal Strategies via Volatility Trading Report (VTR) @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/VolatilityTrading.htm and there's a free trade signal strategy @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=89 so that you can freely test drive one of our price action trade strategies with support (answering your questions) prior to purchasing the Volatility Trading Report (VTR). All WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1 - 12 are included in the purchase of the Volatility Trading Report (VTR).

Image Trading Plan Daily Routine @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=259&t=2687

-----------------------------

Market Context Summaries

The below summaries by Bloomberg, CNNMoney, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance helps me to do a quick review of the fundamentals, FED/ECB/BOE/IMF actions or any important global economic events (e.g. Eurozone, MarketWatch.com) that had an impact on today's price action in many trading instruments I monitor during the trading day. Simply, I'm a strong believer that key market events causes key changes in supply/demand and volatility resulting in trade opportunities (swing points and strong continuation price actions) that reach profit targets. Thus, I pay attention to these key market events, intermarket analysis (e.g. Forex EurUsd, EuroFX 6E futures, Gold GC futures, Light Crude Oil (WTI) CL & Brent Oil futures, Eurex DAX futures, Euronext FTSE100 futures, Emini ES futures, Emini TF futures, Treasury ZB futures and U.S. Dollar Index futures) while using WRB Analysis from one trade to the next trade to give me the market context for price action trading before the appearance of my technical analysis trade signals. Therefore, I maintain these archives to allow me to understand what was happening on any given trading day in the past involving key market events to help better understand my trade decisions (day trading, swing trading, position trading)...something I can not get from my broker statements alone. Further, most financial websites remove (delete) their archives after a few years to make room for new content. Therefore, I maintain my own archives of the news content so that I have it available for me when financial websites no longer archives their content.

Attachment:
030315-Key-Price-Action-Markets.png
030315-Key-Price-Action-Markets.png [ 1.03 MiB | Viewed 304 times ]

click on the above image to view today's price action of key markets

4:10 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] The stock market endured a broad-based retreat on Tuesday that caused the S&P 500 (-0.5%) to surrender the bulk of its advance from Monday. The benchmark index settled ahead of the Nasdaq Composite (-0.6%) with eight sectors registering losses. All in all, it is worth pointing out that today's pullback occurred after the S&P 500 rallied nearly 3.5% in just three weeks, suggesting the retreat resulted from profit taking after a big run.

Equity indices began the day amid pressure from a few influential sectors like health care (-0.9%), technology (-0.8%), and industrials (-0.7%). The three sectors lagged throughout the day while the remaining sectors finished closer to their flat lines.

Health care and technology both suffered from losses among high-beta components. The iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 337.92, -1.83) settled lower by 0.5% after being down as much as 1.7% in the early going. Meanwhile, chipmakers pressured the technology sector after Micron (MU 29.67, -1.57) was downgraded to 'Neutral' at Nomura. Shares of MU fell 5.0% while the broader PHLX Semiconductor Index slumped 1.9%.

The relative weakness among high-beta names was not isolated to health care and technology components. In fact, homebuilders also lagged with the iShares Dow Jones US Home Construction ETF (ITB 27.23, -0.43) falling 1.6%. However, the consumer discretionary sector (-0.2%) finished ahead of the market thanks to the relative strength of media names like CBS (CBS 62.80, +1.05) and Time Warner Cable (TWC 156.74, +1.23). Meanwhile, most retail names struggled, but AutoZone (AZO 652.00, +2.47), Best Buy (BBY 39.17, +0.54), and Dick's Sporting Goods (DKS 56.00, +0.58) gained between 0.4% and 1.4% after reporting better than expected results.

Elsewhere among cyclical sectors, energy (+0.2%) displayed relative strength throughout the day while crude oil fought to maintain its early-morning gain. The energy component jumped 1.9% to $50.54/bbl after testing its unchanged level shortly after the cash open.

Also of note, the utilities sector (+0.7%) settled in the lead, narrowing its 2015 decline to 6.0%. The remaining countercyclical groups registered losses, but consumer staples (-0.4%) and telecom services (-0.1%) settled ahead of the broader market.

Treasuries settled near their lows after sliding from their overnight highs. The 10-yr yield rose three basis points to 2.12%.

Tuesday's participation was a bit below average with roughly 727 million shares changing hands at the NYSE floor.

Tomorrow, the weekly MBA Mortgage Index will be released at 7:00 ET while ADP Employment Change for February (Briefing.com consensus 220K) will be reported at 8:15 ET. The ISM Services Index for February (consensus 56.5) will cross the wires at 10:00 ET while the Federal Reserve's March Beige Book will be released at 14:00 ET.

Nasdaq Composite +5.2% YTD
Russell 2000 +2.6% YTD
S&P 500 +2.4% YTD
Dow Jones Industrial Average +2.1% YTD

3:45 pm: [BRIEFING.COM]

WTI crude oil stayed in positive territory today and finished the day $0.96 higher at $50.54/barrel
Keep in mind that news/headlines of the U.S. running out of storage for oil will remain a popular topic for now
After gold and silver futures sold off late morning, both held losses near today's low
Apr gold closed $3.80 lower at $1204.20/oz, while May silver fell $0.16 lower at $16.29/oz
Natural gas held gains after climbing higher today... Apr NG ultimately closed $ 0.01 higher at $2.71/MMBtu
May copper fell $0.04 to $2.66/lb today

2:55 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] The S&P 500 trades lower by 0.5% with one hour remaining in the session. The benchmark index has been able to reclaim nearly half of its opening decline, but a handful of influential sectors like technology (-0.9%), health care (-1.0%), and industrials (-0.8%) continue showing relative weakness.

Since the aforementioned laggards account for more than 43.0% of the S&P 500, the benchmark index is unlikely to return to its flat line without some help from the underperforming sectors.

Elsewhere, the Dollar Index (95.35, -0.12) enters the final hour of action with a slim loss of 0.1% after climbing off its intraday low.

2:25 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] Not much change in the major averages with the S&P 500 trading lower by 0.5%. The benchmark index hit its session low just ahead of 12:30 ET, and has spent the past two hours in a slow crawl back. As a result, the index has been able to erase nearly half of its early loss with the weakest sector-health care-narrowing its decline to 1.0%.

On the upside, the utilities sector leads (+0.6%) while energy (+0.5%) represents the only advancer on the cyclical side.

Elsewhere, Treasuries have returned to their morning lows with the 10-yr yield higher by two basis points at 2.11%.

1:55 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] The S&P 500 remains in the bottom half of today's trading range.

As motor vehicle manufacturers release their February sales numbers, remember that they are facing some easy comparables.

Last year, sales tumbled from 16.4 mln SAAR in November 2013 to 15.3 mln SAAR in February 2014. The steep decline was blamed on extreme inclement weather conditions.

Even with the snow storms in the Northeast, the overall weather factor was much better in February 2015 than last year. That should lead to significant year-over-year gains.

Manufacturers that underperform their 2014 benchmark - such as Ford (F) reporting a 2% y/y decline in February 2015 - should be looked at closely. The decline in sales by these manufacturers may not be a temporary blip but a shift in the underlying consumer demand.

1:35 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] The major U.S. indices are paring larger losses, but remain entrenched in negative territory.

WTI crude (+2% to $50.55/bbl), on the other hand, is in rally mode ahead of this evening's API inventory data, bolstered by some supportive remarks from influential (and previously bearish) money manager Andy Hall of Astenbeck Capital Management.

In equities, shares in Springleaf Holdings (LEAF +9.83, 47.87) set new all-time highs today after finally announcing it had come to terms with Citigroup (C +0.18, 53.67) to acquire its OneMain Financial unit for $4.25 bln. Springleaf expects accretion from the acquisition to reach ~$470 million in 2017. Separately, Palo Alto Networks (PANW +1.44, 147.42) also set new all-time highs after reporting strong earnings and providing guidance that exceeded expectations. Shares in the cybersecurity name have been on fire the last 12 months, gaining 118% as continued fears about weaknesses in companies' cyber-security software have lead to increased demand for services in the field.

12:55 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] The major averages trade near their lows at midday with the S&P 500 down 0.7% while the Nasdaq Composite (-0.9%) underperforms.

Equity indices have spent the first half of today's session in a steady retreat from their opening levels with heavily-weighted sectors like technology (-1.1%) and health care (-1.3%) pacing the retreat. However, today's selling appears to be due to profit taking after the market enjoyed a big run in February, considering Treasuries have not moved much with the benchmark yield pegged at 2.09% (+1 bps).

Eight of ten sectors hold midday losses with the aforementioned health care and technology trading at the bottom of today's leaderboard. Both sectors have been pressured by high-beta groups as the iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 334.71, -5.04) trades lower by 1.5% while the PHLX Semiconductor Index has given up 1.8% after Micron (MU 29.89, -1.35) was downgraded to 'Neutral' at Nomura.

Elsewhere among influential sectors, the consumer discretionary space (-0.8%) trades in-line with the market, but homebuilders lag with the iShares Dow Jones US Home Construction ETF (ITB 27.14, -0.52) down 1.9%. Meanwhile, retailers AutoZone (AZO 656.18, +6.66), Best Buy (BBY 39.04, +0.41), and Dick's Sporting Goods (DKS 55.70, +0.28) hold gains between 0.5% and 1.0% after reporting better than expected results while Ford (F 16.13, -0.44) has given up 2.7% after reporting a 2.0% year-over-year decline in its February sales.

On the upside, energy (+0.7%) and utilities (+0.2%) hold gains with the energy sector supported by crude oil, which trades higher by 1.7% at $50.44/bbl.

For its part, the utilities sector has narrowed this week's decline to 1.8%.

12:25 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] Sellers remain in control with the S&P 500 (-0.9%) now trading below yesterday's session low. The energy sector (+0.5%) holds a modest gain as crude oil trades higher by 1.8% at $50.48/bbl while the remaining sectors continue to endure profit-taking after a broad rally in February sent the S&P 500 higher by 5.5%.

The technology sector surged 8.5% in February, ending the month ahead of the remaining nine sectors. Today, however, the top-weighted group is lower by 1.2%, which puts it only ahead of the health care sector (-1.3%). High-beta chipmakers trade lower across the board after Micron (MU 29.87, -1.37) was downgraded at Nomura. The stock has given up 4.4% while the broader PHLX Semiconductor Index is lower by 1.9%.

11:55 am: [BRIEFING.COM] Equity indices have retreated to new lows amid continued weakness in the two groups that have pressured the market since the early going.

Specifically, the technology sector, which accounts for nearly 20.0% of the S&P 500, has widened its loss to 1.1% while another heavily-weighted sector-health care-is now down 1.2%. Together, the two sectors represent nearly a third of the entire market.

On the upside, the utilities sector (+0.2%) continues holding a modest gain, but the group is still down 1.8% for the week and lower by 6.5% so far in Q1.

11:30 am: [BRIEFING.COM] Recent action saw the S&P 500 (-0.6%) inch down to a fresh session low.

All six cyclical sectors hover in the red, but only industrials (-0.6%) and technology (-0.9%) trail the broader market while other sectors sport slimmer losses. The energy space (-0.1%) held a modest gain in the early going, but the group has returned into negative territory even as crude oil remains higher by 0.8% at $49.96/bbl.

Meanwhile, the countercyclical side is also mixed with utilities (+0.3%) and telecom services (-0.1%) showing relative strength while consumer staples (-0.6%) and health care (-0.9%) lag.

Elsewhere, Treasuries have slipped to the bottom third of today's trading range with the 10-yr yield higher by a basis point at 2.10%.

10:55 am: [BRIEFING.COM] The major averages remain near their lows with the Nasdaq Composite (-0.7%) trading behind the S&P 500 (-0.5%).

As mentioned earlier, high-beta biotechnology and chipmaker names have contributed to the underperformance of the Nasdaq. Both groups remain weak at this time with the iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 335.84, -3.91) and the PHLX Semiconductor Index both down near 1.2%.

Conversely, the two groups have pressured their respective sector, which leaves health care (-0.8%) and technology (-0.8%) at the bottom of today's leaderboard. On the upside, the energy sector (+0.1%) remains in the green as crude oil trades up 0.8% at $49.99/bbl.

10:35 am: [BRIEFING.COM]

The dollar index slide lower in recent trade, falling into negative territory, which helped provide some strength to select commodities
Apr WTI crude oil sold off this morning from its $50.64 HoD and fell into the red this morning.
In current trade, Apr crude is +0.9% at $50.04/barrel
Apr natural gas futures found buyers after floor trading opened and rallied to a new HoD. Apr NG is now +0.4% at $2.71MMBtu
Precious metals are mixed this morning with Apr gold +0.3% at $1211.90/oz and May silver -0.3% at $16.41/oz
May copper is -1.7% at $2.65/lb

10:00 am: [BRIEFING.COM] Equity indices have added to their opening losses with the S&P 500 now down 0.5% while the Russell 2000 (-0.8%) underperforms.

The health care sector (-1.1%) has dropped to the bottom of the leaderboard with biotechnology largely responsible for the weakness. The iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 334.00, -5.75) has widened its decline to 1.7%, which is contributing to the underperformance of the Nasdaq (-0.6%).

Furthermore, high-beta chipmakers also display relative weakness with the PHLX Semiconductor Index down 1.0% while the broader technology sector trades lower by 0.5%.

9:45 am: [BRIEFING.COM] The major averages began the day below their flat lines with nine of ten sectors showing early losses. The S&P 500 trades lower by 0.4% with industrials (-0.5%) and health care (-0.6%) among the early laggards.

Transport stocks have pressured the industrial sector in the early going with 17 of 20 members of the Dow Jones Transportation Average (-0.4%) trading in the red. Meanwhile, biotechnology has weighed on health care with the iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 337.62, -2.13) lower by 0.6%.

On the upside, the energy sector (+0.2%) hovers just north of its flat line as crude oil trades higher by 0.3% at $49.72/bbl.

Elsewhere, Treasuries remain just below their flat lines with the 10-yr yield at 2.09%.

9:14 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: -7.20. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -15.80. The stock market is on track for a modestly lower open as futures on the S&P 500 trade seven points below fair value. Futures on the S&P 500 traded within a three-point range overnight, but a recent slide to pre-market lows has doubled that range. The modest pre-market weakness has coincided with some selling in Europe where the key indices trade with slim losses.

Similar to equity futures, Treasuries hover in the red with the 10-yr yield at 2.09%.

On the corporate front, retailers AutoZone (AZO 675.00, +25.47), Best Buy (BBY 39.40, +0.77), and Dick's Sporting Goods (DKS 56.71, +1.29) are on track to open with gains between 2.0% and 3.9% after all three reported better than expected results.

In commodities, crude oil trades higher by 0.6% at $49.87/bbl after slipping from its overnight high.

8:57 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: -6.90. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -14.50. The S&P 500 futures trade seven points below fair value.

There was a mixed showing from Asia Pacific markets on Tuesday as smaller regional markets generally outperformed their larger counterparts. China's Shanghai Composite suffered the biggest loss (-2.2%), weighed down in part by new supply concerns; meanwhile, the Reserve Bank of Australia surprised a number of participants by electing to leave its key policy rate unchanged at 2.25%.

In economic data:
Japan's Monetary Base +36.7% year-over-year (expected 34.3%; prior 37.4%)
Australia's Q4 Current Account deficit narrowed to AUD9.60 billion from AUD12.10 billion (expected AUD11.00 billion) while January Building Approvals +7.9% month-over-month (expected -1.8%; prior -2.8%)
Hong Kong's January Retail Sales -14.6% year-over-year (expected -6.1%; prior -3.9%)
South Korea's February CPI 0.0% month-over-month (expected +0.3%; prior +0.5%); +0.5% year-over-year (expected +0.8%; prior +0.8%)
Indonesia's February Consumer Confidence held at 120.2

------

Japan's Nikkei declined 0.1% (with rounding), held back by a relatively weak showing from the basic materials (-0.6%), consumer cyclical (-0.5%), and communications (-0.5%) sectors. Nippon Sheet Glass Co. (-4.0%), Nisshin Steel Co. (-3.8%), JFE Holdings (-3.6%), Sharp Corp. (-3.5%), and Citizen Holdings (-3.1%) were the top five percentage decliners on Tuesday.
Hong Kong's Hang Seng declined 0.7% and finished close to its lows for the day. Losses were seen in all sectors with the exception of the consumer cyclical sector (-1.2%). The communications (-1.6%) and consumer non-cyclical (-1.2%) sectors were the worst-performing sectors. Top individual losers included China Life Insurance Co. (-3.8%), Bank of Communications (-3.3%), China Overseas Land & Investment Ltd. (-2.3%), and Bank of China (-2.2%).
China's Shanghai Composite was the biggest loser in the Asia Pacific region, declining 2.2% on the heels of a 0.8% gain on Monday and finishing near its lows for the session. Supply concerns weighed as news reports indicated 24 companies won regulatory approval for listings. Losses were broad-based with all sectors losing ground in Tuesday's trade. The financial (-3.8%) and communications (-2.2%) sectors were the biggest drags. Shanghai New Huangpu Real Estate Co. (-6.0%), Shanghai Baosight Software Co. (-5.8%), Baida Group Co. (-5.6%), and Dawning Information Industry Co. (-5.6%) were the top individual decliners.

Major European indices trade lower across the board with Spain's IBEX (-0.5%) underperforming.

Participants received several data points:
Eurozone January PPI -0.9% month-over-month (expected -0.7%; previous -1.0%); -3.4% year-over-year (consensus -3.0%; last -2.6%)
Germany's January Retail Sales +2.9% month-over-month (consensus 0.4%; last 0.6%); +5.3% year-over-year (consensus 2.7%; prior 4.8%)
UK's Construction PMI rose to 60.1 from 59.1 (expected 59.0)
Spain's Unemployment -13,500 (expected 10,500; prior 78,000)
Swiss Q4 GDP +0.6% quarter-over-quarter (consensus 0.3%; prior 0.7%); +1.9% year-over-year (expected 1.7%; last 1.9%)

------

Germany's DAX is lower by 0.1% with financials and exporters on the defensive. Commerzbank and Deutsche Bank are both down near 1.0% while BMW and Volkswagen hold respective losses of 1.0% and 0.5%. Deutsche Lufthansa outperforms, trading higher by 2.3%
In France, the CAC trades down 0.2% amid weakness in utilities. GDF Suez and Veolia Environnement trade lower by 1.6% and 2.8%, respectively. Vivendi is the top performer, up 3.0%.
UK's FTSE has given up 0.3% with Barclays and RSA Insurance Group both down near 2.5%. Royal Dutch Shell also underperforms, down 2.1%. On the upside, Tullow Oil has added 3.0%.
Spain's IBEX underperforms with a loss of 0.5%. Bankia, Bankinter, and Santander are down between 0.6% and 1.5%.

8:25 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: -7.90. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -14.80. Equity futures have inched down to new lows, but the losses remain modest in scope with S&P futures trading eight points below fair value.

With the Q4 earnings reporting season all but over, participants have been focusing on a flurry of results from the retail sector. To that point, AutoZone (AZO 679.00, +29.47), Best Buy (BBY 39.65, +1.02), and Dick's Sporting Goods (DKS 57.35, +1.93) are on track to open with gains between 2.3% and 4.5% after all three reported better than expected results.

7:59 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: -6.30. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -11.50. U.S. equity futures trade modestly lower amid cautious action overseas. The S&P 500 futures hover six points below fair value after slipping to lows not long ago.

Meanwhile on the commodity side, crude oil has climbed throughout the night before narrowing its advance in recent action. The energy component remains higher by 0.4% at $49.80/bbl while the Dollar Index (95.50, +0.04) holds a slim gain.

Treasuries hover near their lows with the 10-yr yield higher by almost two basis points at 2.10%.

There is no economic data on today's schedule, but auto and truck makers will be reporting their February sales throughout the day.

In U.S. corporate news of note:

Best Buy (BBY 40.50, +1.87): +4.8% after beating bottom-line estimates, announcing a special dividend of $0.51/share, and boosting its quarterly dividend to $0.23/share. In addition, the company said it will buy back $1 billion of its stock over the next three years.
Citigroup (C 54.00, +0.51): +1.0% after JP Morgan upgraded the stock to 'Overweight.'
Dick's Sporting Goods (DKS 56.00, +0.58): +1.1% after better than expected results overshadowed cautious Q1 earnings guidance.
JD.com (JD 28.93, +0.78): +2.8% after beating earnings and revenue estimates.
Palo Alto Networks (PANW 145.60, -0.38): -0.3% despite beating earnings and revenue estimates.

Reviewing overnight developments:

Asian markets ended mixed, but Japan's Nikkei (-0.1%), Hong Kong's Hang Seng (-0.7%), and China's Shanghai Composite (-2.2%) posted losses
In economic data:
Japan's Monetary Base +36.7% year-over-year (expected 34.3%; prior 37.4%)
Australia's Q4 Current Account deficit narrowed to AUD9.60 billion from AUD12.10 billion (expected AUD11.00 billion) while January Building Approvals +7.9% month-over-month (expected -1.8%; prior -2.8%)
Hong Kong's January Retail Sales -14.6% year-over-year (expected -6.1%; prior -3.9%)
South Korea's February CPI 0.0% month-over-month (expected +0.3%; prior +0.5%); +0.5% year-over-year (expected +0.8%; prior +0.8%)
Indonesia's February Consumer Confidence held at 120.2
In news:
The Reserve Bank of Australia kept its key interest rate at 2.25% even though the market had expected a 25-basis point cut. Australia's ASX lost 0.4% while the Australia dollar has added about 50 pips against the dollar (0.7816)

Major European indices trade near their flat lines. UK's FTSE -0.1% while Germany's DAX and France's CAC are flat. Elsewhere, Italy's MIB -0.1% and Spain's IBEX -0.4%
Economic data was limited:
Eurozone January PPI -0.9% month-over-month (expected -0.7%; previous -1.0%); -3.4% year-over-year (consensus -3.0%; last -2.6%)
Germany's January Retail Sales +2.9% month-over-month (consensus 0.4%; last 0.6%); +5.3% year-over-year (consensus 2.7%; prior 4.8%)
UK's Construction PMI rose to 60.1 from 59.1 (expected 59.0)
Spain's Unemployment -13,500 (expected 10,500; prior 78,000)
Swiss Q4 GDP +0.6% quarter-over-quarter (consensus 0.3%; prior 0.7%); +1.9% year-over-year (expected 1.7%; last 1.9%)
Among news of note:
Spain's IBEX lags amid weakness in financials like Bankia, Bankinter, and Santander. The three names are down between 0.7% and 1.3%

6:27 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: -4.10. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -8.80.

6:27 am: [BRIEFING.COM] Nikkei...18815.16...-11.70...-0.10%. Hang Seng...24702.78...-184.70...-0.70%.

6:27 am: [BRIEFING.COM] FTSE...6943.68...+3.20...0.00. DAX...11418.33...+8.00...+0.10%.

Special thanks to Bloomberg, CNNMoney, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance for their market summaries. gm

Best Regards,
M.A. Perry
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
Image@ http://twitter.com/wrbtrader Image@ http://stocktwits.com/wrbtrader

http://www.thestrategylab.com
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
Skype Messenger: kebec2002
questions@thestrategylab.com
Go Back To TheStrategyLab.com Homepage