TheStrategyLab.com Price Action Trading Support Forum

Forum for price action traders that want to learn WRB Analysis basic tutorial chapters 1, 2 and 3 prior to purchasing our advance trade methods. Hashtags: #wrbanalysis #wrbzone #wrbhiddengap #priceaction #trading
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: January 7th Wednesday Trade Results - Profit $1127.50
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:02 pm 
Site Admin

Trade Results of M.A. Perry
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
Price Action Trading (no technical indicators)
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
Free Chat Room: http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164
Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
questions@thestrategylab.com (24/7)
http://twitter.com/wrbtrader (24/7)

Attachment:
010715-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-PnL-Blotter-Profit+1127.50.png
010715-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-PnL-Blotter-Profit+1127.50.png [ 179 KiB | Viewed 286 times ]

click on the above image to view today's performance verification

Price Action Trade Performance for Today: Emini TF ($TF_F) futures @ ($60.00) dollars or -0.60 points, Emini ES ($ES_F) futures @ $1,187.50 dollars or +23.75 points, Light Crude Oil CL ($CL_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Gold GC ($GC_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points and EuroFX 6E ($6E_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.0000 ticks. Total Profit @ $1,127.50 dollars

Russell 2000 Emini TF Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ The ICE
S&P 500 Emini ES Futures: 1 tick or 0.25 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Light Crude Oil CL (WTI) Futures: 1 tick or 0.01 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Gold GC Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
EuroFX 6E Futures: 1 tick or 0.0001 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup

Trade Log: All of my trades were posted real-time in the timestamp ##TheStrategyLab chat room. You can read today's price action trading information about my trades (e.g. time, price entry, contract size, price exit) as the trade traversed to its completion. Also, sometimes I'll post real-time trading tips in ##TheStrategyLab chat room involving WRBs, WRB Hidden GAPs, Key Market Events (KME), Tutorial Chapters 2 & 3, WRB Zones, Reaction Highs/Lows, Contracting Volatility or Expanding Volatility. Its all archived @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/ftchat/forum/viewtopic.php?f=139&t=1976

Quote:
All of my real-time posted trades involves price action concepts from the WRB Analysis free study guide, Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 4 - 12 and the Volatility Trading Report (VTR) trade signal strategies. Analysis -----> Trade Signals

Also, posted below are direct links to information about my price action trade methodology and trading plan (there's a difference between the two) that enables me to identify key trading areas in the price action that represent changes in supply/demand and volatility along with being able to exploit these changes via WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis). I'm primarily a day trader because it suits my personal lifestyle but I do occasionally swing trade and position trade. Simply, my trade method is applicable for position trading, swing trading and day trading.

Image ##TheStrategyLab Chat Room is free. Members and I use the chat room to post WRB Analysis commentary, real-time trades and to post anything else related to trading. The chat room helps me tremendously in my own trading because I use it to document (journal) general volatility analysis involving WRB Analysis so that I can easily review at a later date my thoughts as I interacted with the markets...info I can not get from my broker statements. Also, this is not a signal calling chat room where a head trader tells you when to buy or sell and I do not have the time/energy/resources to manage a signal calling chat room. Access instructions for chat room @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164

Image Price Action Analysis via Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/WRBAnalysisTutorials.htm and there's a free study guide of the WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1, 2 and 3 @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=718

Analysis -----> Trade Signals

Image Trade Signal Strategies via Volatility Trading Report (VTR) @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/VolatilityTrading.htm and there's a free trade signal strategy @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=89 so that you can freely test drive one of our price action trade strategies with support (answering your questions) prior to purchasing the Volatility Trading Report (VTR).

All WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1 - 12 are included in the purchase of the Volatility Trading Report (VTR).

Image Trading Plan Daily Routine @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=255&t=2625

-----------------------------

Market Context Summaries

The below summaries by Bloomberg, CNNMoney, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance helps me to do a quick review of the fundamentals, FED/ECB/BOE/IMF actions or any important global economic events (e.g. Eurozone, MarketWatch.com) that had an impact on today's price action in many trading instruments I monitor during the trading day. Simply, I'm a strong believer that key market events causes key changes in supply/demand and volatility resulting in trade opportunities (swing points and strong continuation price actions) that reach profit targets. Thus, I pay attention to these key market events, intermarket analysis (e.g. Forex EurUsd, EuroFX 6E futures, Gold GC futures, Light Crude Oil (WTI) CL & Brent Oil futures, Eurex DAX futures, Euronext FTSE100 futures, Emini ES futures, Emini TF futures, Treasury ZB futures and U.S. Dollar Index futures) while using WRB Analysis from one trade to the next trade to give me the market context for price action trading before the appearance of my technical analysis trade signals. Therefore, I maintain these archives to allow me to understand what was happening on any given trading day in the past involving key market events to help better understand my trade decisions (day trading, swing trading, position trading)...something I can not get from my broker statements alone. Further, most financial websites remove (delete) their archives after a few years to make room for new content. Therefore, I maintain my own archives of the news content so that I have it available for me when financial websites no longer archives their content.

Attachment:
010715-Key-Price-Action-Markets.png
010715-Key-Price-Action-Markets.png [ 1.24 MiB | Viewed 286 times ]

click on the above image to view today's price action of key markets

U.S. Stocks Rally Most in Three Weeks After Five-Day Selloff

By Callie Bost Jan 7, 2015 4:21 PM ET

The Standard & Poor’s 500 Index rallied the most in three weeks, halting a five-day selloff, as data stoked optimism on the economy and Federal Reserve minutes did little to change investor expectations on interest rates.

The S&P 500 (SPX) jumped 1.2 percent to 2,025.90 at 4 p.m. in New York, after plunging 4.2 percent over the previous five days. The Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 212.88 points, or 1.2 percent, to 17,584.52. More than 7 billion shares changed hands on U.S. exchanges, 1.6 percent above the three-month average.

“We had some good economic news and the market got tired of going down,” Randy Bateman, the chief investment officer of Huntington Asset Advisors, which manages about $2.3 billion in the funds, said by phone.

Before today, U.S. equities were off to the worst start for any year since 2008, with the S&P 500 dropping 2.7 percent in the first three sessions of 2015. The losses trimmed the index’s return since the bull market began in March 2009 to 196 percent and followed an advance of 11.4 percent in 2014.

Stocks rallied at the market’s open as data on the labor market and the U.S. trade deficit bolstered confidence in the strength of the economy. Equities extended gains at midday as lawmakers in Chancellor Angela Merkel’s coalition said Germany is leaving the door open to debt-relief talks with Greece’s next government, signaling a more flexible stance than her administration has taken publicly.

Fed Minutes

Equities maintained gains after the central bank released minutes from their December meeting. Most Fed officials agreed their new policy guidance means they are unlikely to raise interest rates before late April, and a number expressed concern inflation could remain too low.

In a statement following that meeting, the Fed pledged to be patient in its approach to raising rates, while Chair Janet Yellen said the central bank will probably hold rates near zero through at least the first quarter.

“From the Fed’s perspective, they’re seeing more of the same,” Stephen Wood, chief market strategist at Russell Investments in New York, said by phone. “The Fed has used forward guidance more effectively and the markets are responding to a consistent message and consistent policy path. The takeaway is the Fed isn’t changing anything any time soon.”

Central bank officials said the faltering global economy may be a threat to the U.S., while concluding that those risks were “nearly balanced” by positive developments.
‘More Momentum’

Several policy makers said consumer and business confidence and payroll gains suggest the economy “may end up showing more momentum than anticipated,” while a few others said the boost to spending from cheaper oil and gas prices “could turn out to be quite large.”

Some officials worried the oil decline could reduce longer-term inflation expectations, while others were concerned a drop in market-based inflation measures might reflect that “such a decline had already begun.”

West Texas Intermediate has fallen 15 percent since the Fed’s last meeting. A combination of rising supply as domestic production picks up and slower growth overseas that’s reducing demand is leading to a rout in oil prices that has continued into 2015.

“In general it seems they’re not too worried about inflation, and the oil shock is a temporary inflationary dampener,” said Frank Maeba, managing partner at Breton Hill Capital in Toronto. His firm manages about C$700 million ($592 million). “In the long term it will be outweighed by a general pickup in GDP and jobs.”

Jobs Data

Data from the Roseland, New Jersey-based ADP Research Institute showed companies in the U.S. added 241,000 workers in December, the most since June, indicating the U.S. job market was sustaining strength as 2014 drew to a close.

The ADP data comes before the Labor Department’s report on Jan. 9, which may show payrolls, including government agencies, climbed 240,000 in December after a 321,000 increase a month earlier, according to the median forecast of economists surveyed by Bloomberg. The unemployment rate is projected to fall to 5.7 percent, the lowest since 2008.

A separate report today showed the trade deficit narrowed more than forecast in November as U.S. petroleum imports sank to the lowest level in more than five years. Outside of fuel, Americans bought record amounts of consumer goods that shows the world’s largest economy is strengthening.

‘Overly Pessimistic’

“Investors have been overly pessimistic given the underlying fundamentals,” Karyn Cavanaugh, the New York-based senior market strategist at Voya Investment Management LLC, said by phone. “The underlying fundamentals are still very strong. Today’s ADP payroll report was positive, and central to everything is the labor market. If the labor market is strong, the economy is doing OK and this does bode well for Friday.”

The bull market in equities, approaching its seventh year, has endured 30 declines of 4 percent or more. Last year, the benchmark gauge advanced 11 percent after experiencing three pullbacks of more than 4 percent and then recovering all the losses each time within one month.

Investors expect this month’s swings to calm down as the year progresses, options trading shows. The Chicago Board Options Exchange Volatility Index, a measure of demand for options on the S&P 500, dropped 8.6 percent to 19.31 after rising for six out of the previous seven days. At 21.12 yesterday, the gauge was higher than all nine of its monthly futures contracts with expiration dates ranging from Jan. 21 to Sept. 16.

Relatively Cheap

Losses in equities have pushed the S&P 500’s price-earnings ratio down to 17.9 from as high as 18.5 on Dec. 29, according to data compiled by Bloomberg. The decade average is 16.3. Stocks are trading at about 1.8 times annual sales, compared with an average of 1.4 over the last 10 years.

Stocks are cheap relative to bonds and global earnings should climb by 9 percent this year, Citigroup Inc. wrote in a note dated yesterday. The firm boosted its rating on U.S. equities to neutral from underweight, similar to sell, citing an increase in preference for growth.

Nine out of 10 major industries in the S&P 500 advanced today. Health-care and consumer shares had the biggest gains, rising at least 1.5 percent.

Energy stocks rose 0.3 percent, following a 5.3 percent tumble over the previous two days. West Texas Intermediate oil climbed 1.3 percent. Brent earlier slipped below $50 a barrel for the first time since May 2009.

Energy Companies

Anadarko Petroleum Corp. jumped 1.6 percent, pacing gains among energy producers in the S&P 500. Halliburton Co. rallied 2.7 percent and Exxon Mobil Corp. increased 1 percent.

Helmerich & Payne Inc. plunged 6.6 percent for the worst performance in the S&P 500. The oil drill provider said low oil prices are “increasingly impacting” the U.S. land drilling market.

The Nasdaq Biotechnology Index surged 3.6 percent for the biggest jump since April. Alexion Pharmaceuticals Inc. gained 5.6 percent for the biggest advance in the S&P 500. Biogen Idec Inc. also rallied 5.6 percent.

J.C. Penney surged 20 percent. Fourth-quarter comparable-store sales will be at the upper end of its projected increase of 2 percent to 4 percent, the Plano, Texas-based department-store chain said.

Monsanto Co. climbed 1.3 percent. The biggest seed company posted better-than-estimated fiscal first-quarter earnings and revenue, helped by sales of its newest soybean variety that’s genetically modified to withstand pests in South America.

Eli Lilly & Co. lost 0.7 percent. The company forecast earnings for 2015 that missed analyst predictions even as the drugmaker said sales will rebound led by medications for diabetes, oncology and animal health.

To contact the reporter on this story: Callie Bost in New York at cbost2@bloomberg.net

To contact the editors responsible for this story: Cecile Vannucci at cvannucci1@bloomberg.net; Jeff Sutherland at jsutherlan13@bloomberg.net Jeff Sutherland, Namitha Jagadeesh

http://www.bloomberg.com/archive/news/2015-01-07/

Special thanks to Bloomberg, CNNMoney, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance for their market summaries. gm

Best Regards,
M.A. Perry
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
Image@ http://twitter.com/wrbtrader Image@ http://stocktwits.com/wrbtrader

http://www.thestrategylab.com
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
Skype Messenger: kebec2002
questions@thestrategylab.com
Go Back To TheStrategyLab.com Homepage