TheStrategyLab.com Price Action Trading Support Forum

Forum for price action traders that want to learn WRB Analysis basic tutorial chapters 1, 2 and 3 prior to purchasing our advance trade methods. Hashtags: #wrbanalysis #wrbzone #wrbhiddengap #priceaction #trading
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: January 5th Monday Trade Results - Profit $1810.00
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:20 pm 
Site Admin

Trade Results of M.A. Perry
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
Price Action Trading (no technical indicators)
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
Free Chat Room: http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164
Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
questions@thestrategylab.com (24/7)
http://twitter.com/wrbtrader (24/7)

Attachment:
010515-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-PnL-Blotter-Profit+1810.00.png
010515-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-PnL-Blotter-Profit+1810.00.png [ 178.4 KiB | Viewed 318 times ]

click on the above image to view today's performance verification

Price Action Trade Performance for Today: Emini TF ($TF_F) futures @ $560.00 dollars or +5.60 points, Emini ES ($ES_F) futures @ $1,250.00 dollars or +25.00 points, Light Crude Oil CL ($CL_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Gold GC ($GC_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points and EuroFX 6E ($6E_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.0000 ticks. Total Profit @ $1,810.00 dollars

Russell 2000 Emini TF Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ The ICE
S&P 500 Emini ES Futures: 1 tick or 0.25 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Light Crude Oil CL (WTI) Futures: 1 tick or 0.01 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Gold GC Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
EuroFX 6E Futures: 1 tick or 0.0001 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup

Trade Log: All of my trades were posted real-time in the timestamp ##TheStrategyLab chat room. You can read today's price action trading information about my trades (e.g. time, price entry, contract size, price exit) as the trade traversed to its completion. Also, sometimes I'll post real-time trading tips in ##TheStrategyLab chat room involving WRBs, WRB Hidden GAPs, Key Market Events (KME), Tutorial Chapters 2 & 3, WRB Zones, Reaction Highs/Lows, Contracting Volatility or Expanding Volatility. Its all archived @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/ftchat/forum/viewtopic.php?f=139&t=1974

Quote:
All of my real-time posted trades involves price action concepts from the WRB Analysis free study guide, Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 4 - 12 and the Volatility Trading Report (VTR) trade signal strategies. Analysis -----> Trade Signals

Also, posted below are direct links to information about my price action trade methodology and trading plan (there's a difference between the two) that enables me to identify key trading areas in the price action that represent changes in supply/demand and volatility along with being able to exploit these changes via WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis). I'm primarily a day trader because it suits my personal lifestyle but I do occasionally swing trade and position trade. Simply, my trade method is applicable for position trading, swing trading and day trading.

Image ##TheStrategyLab Chat Room is free. Members and I use the chat room to post WRB Analysis commentary, real-time trades and to post anything else related to trading. The chat room helps me tremendously in my own trading because I use it to document (journal) general volatility analysis involving WRB Analysis so that I can easily review at a later date my thoughts as I interacted with the markets...info I can not get from my broker statements. Also, this is not a signal calling chat room where a head trader tells you when to buy or sell and I do not have the time/energy/resources to manage a signal calling chat room. Access instructions for chat room @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164

Image Price Action Analysis via Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/WRBAnalysisTutorials.htm and there's a free study guide of the WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1, 2 and 3 @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=718

Analysis -----> Trade Signals

Image Trade Signal Strategies via Volatility Trading Report (VTR) @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/VolatilityTrading.htm and there's a free trade signal strategy @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=89 so that you can freely test drive one of our price action trade strategies with support (answering your questions) prior to purchasing the Volatility Trading Report (VTR).

All WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1 - 12 are included in the purchase of the Volatility Trading Report (VTR).

Image Trading Plan Daily Routine @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=255&t=2625

-----------------------------

Market Context Summaries

The below summaries by Bloomberg, CNNMoney, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance helps me to do a quick review of the fundamentals, FED/ECB/BOE/IMF actions or any important global economic events (e.g. Eurozone, MarketWatch.com) that had an impact on today's price action in many trading instruments I monitor during the trading day. Simply, I'm a strong believer that key market events causes key changes in supply/demand and volatility resulting in trade opportunities (swing points and strong continuation price actions) that reach profit targets. Thus, I pay attention to these key market events, intermarket analysis (e.g. Forex EurUsd, EuroFX 6E futures, Gold GC futures, Light Crude Oil (WTI) CL & Brent Oil futures, Eurex DAX futures, Euronext FTSE100 futures, Emini ES futures, Emini TF futures, Treasury ZB futures and U.S. Dollar Index futures) while using WRB Analysis from one trade to the next trade to give me the market context for price action trading before the appearance of my technical analysis trade signals. Therefore, I maintain these archives to allow me to understand what was happening on any given trading day in the past involving key market events to help better understand my trade decisions (day trading, swing trading, position trading)...something I can not get from my broker statements alone. Further, most financial websites remove (delete) their archives after a few years to make room for new content. Therefore, I maintain my own archives of the news content so that I have it available for me when financial websites no longer archives their content.

Attachment:
010515-Key-Price-Action-Markets.png
010515-Key-Price-Action-Markets.png [ 1.62 MiB | Viewed 350 times ]

click on the above image to view today's price action of key markets

4:10 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] The stock market began the first full week of 2015 on a cautious note. The S&P 500 lost 1.8% while the Russell 2000 (-1.3%) outperformed.

Stocks began sliding at the sound of the opening bell amid weakness in Europe that was brought on by renewed fears of a potential Greek exit from the eurozone. With the January 25 Greek snap elections fast approaching, voices out of Germany have tried to calm investors, but those calls have fallen on deaf ears so far. Over the weekend, German Chancellor Angela Merkel said that a Greek exit from the eurozone would be manageable, but the comments did not stop the euro from falling below the 1.1900 level against the dollar immediately after the foreign exchange market opened on Sunday evening. The single currency was able to rebound into the 1.1940 area by Monday afternoon, but markets across Europe ended the day broadly lower.

Interestingly, the dollar rallied against the euro, but surrendered almost 100 pips to the yen (119.60), suggesting a sense of caution was present among foreign exchange traders. Treasuries also benefitted from safe-haven demand that sent the benchmark 10-yr yield lower by seven basis points to 2.04%.

As for stocks, there is no denying that today's selling produced notable losses for many influential sectors, but it is worth pointing out that the retreat unfolded over the course of the session and did not have a panicky feel of investors running for the exits. That being said, the return of global macroeconomic concerns was enough for participants to reduce their risk exposure, leaving the S&P 500 up 2.4% from its mid-December low.

All ten sectors finished in the red with energy (-4.0%) spending the entire session at the bottom of the leaderboard. The growth-sensitive group endured aggressive selling in crude oil that caused the commodity to dip below the $50.00/bbl level for the first time since April 2009. The energy component settled lower by 5.3% at $50.03/bbl and continued inching down in electronic trade.

Broadly speaking, the continued crash in oil prices has not been viewed as a positive due to the magnitude of the move. Instead, the market's consciousness is allowing for the possibility that there could be some latent financial, or economic, risk in the plummeting price of oil and the commensurate slippage in copper prices, which have fallen roughly 53% and 16%, respectively, from their highs last summer.

Like energy, four other cyclical sectors ended the day behind the broader market while technology (-1.8%) settled in-line with the S&P 500. Even transport stocks that would be expected to rally on cheaper oil struggled to keep pace. The Dow Jones Transportation Average lost 2.7% to narrow its gain from the December low to 1.3%.

Elsewhere, the four countercyclical sectors finished ahead of the broader market, but they could not stay out of the red. The health care sector (-0.6%) did make an intraday appearance in positive territory, but could not build on that short-lived gain. Gilead Sciences (GILD 96.78, +1.88) spiked 2.0% after an intraday report revealed that CVS Health (CVS 94.16, -0.94) will give preferred status to a pair of Gilead's drugs. Shares of GILD contributed to the outperformance of the iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 305.85, -0.49), which shed 0.2%.

Among other movers of note, Morgan Stanley (MS 37.49, -1.22) fell 3.2% after announcing that one of its employees has been terminated after stealing partial account information of about 10 percent of clients of the Wealth Management department. The broader financial sector lost 2.1%.

Today's slide caused participants to increase their hedges, evidenced by a 13.0% spike in the CBOE Volatility Index (VIX 20.10, +2.24).

Participation was just ahead of average as 823 million shares changed hands at the NYSE floor.

Tomorrow, Factory Orders for November (Briefing.com consensus -0.4%) and the ISM Services Index for December (consensus 58.5) will both be released at 10:00 ET.

Dow Jones Industrial Average -1.8% YTD
Nasdaq Composite -1.8% YTD
S&P 500 -1.9% YTD
Russell 2000 -1.9% YTD

3:40 pm: [BRIEFING.COM]

Oil prices got slammed today with WTI crude oil breaking below $50/barrel
Feb crude oil closed the day $2.54 lower at $50.03/barrel, after momentarily, breaking below the $50/barrel level
Feb natural gas fell 11 cents to $2.88/MMBtu
Precious metals held strong despite strength in dollar index
Feb gold rallied $17.50 to $1203.60/oz, while Mar silver rallied $0.46 to $16.23/oz

3:00 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] The S&P 500 trades lower by 1.9% with one hour remaining in the first session of the week. The benchmark index registered the bulk of its decline during the first hour of action and has continued inching lower since then. Despite the daylong slide, today's retreat has been orderly.

That being said, investors have increased their demand for volatility protection as evidenced by a 17.6% spike in the CBOE Volatility Index (VIX 20.92, +3.13), which hovers at its highest level since the middle of December.

Elsewhere, Treasuries remain pinned to their highs with the 10-yr yield down seven basis points at 2.04%.

2:30 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] Equity indices remain pinned to their lows with the S&P 500 down 1.8%.

Sector standing hasn't changed much with energy (-4.0%) remaining at the bottom of the leaderboard while the health care sector (-0.5%) continues resisting today's broad pressure.

Elsewhere, crude oil has returned to its session low in the $50.00/bbl area with the pit session headed for the close. Oil has not been able to string together a rebound even though the Dollar Index (91.38, +0.30) has cut its gain in half.

2:00 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] The major indices have dropped noticeably today under the weight of selling pressure that kicked in at the open. The indices are currently off their lows of the session, but not by much.

Notably, WTI crude futures are attempting a rebound effort after briefly sliding below $50.00/bbl earlier today. That move attracted renewed buying interest that has pushed WTI prices back closer to $51.00/bbl at the moment (now -3.8% at $50.67/bbl).

Notwithstanding today's decline in oil prices, the transports have formed a notable pocket of weakness in today's trading, evidenced by a 2.4% decline in the Dow Jones Transportation Average that has featured a decline in each of its 20 components.

It would be remiss not to add, though, that the DJTA is overextended on a short-term basis, having advanced 7.9% between its low on December 17 and its high on December 31. In other words, it looks like the transports, which benefit from lower fuel prices, are running into some profit-taking interest today that has been exacerbated by general market conditions.

1:35 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] The major U.S. indices are plumbing new lows for the session, which has featured broad-based selling interest

Energy (-4.2%) remains the deepest sector decliner on the day as WTI crude drops 4.25% after earlier falling under $50 to levels not seen since May 2009. While financials are only down 2.1% on the day, shares of Morgan Stanley (MS 37.25, -1.46) are faring worse after the company earlier announced that it had terminated an employee in its Wealth Management division after learning the individual stole partial account information for 10% of their wealth management clients and shared it online (Morgan Stanley said the information was promptly removed after the exposure was detected) .

12:55 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] The major averages trade lower across the board at midday with the Dow Jones Industrial Average (-1.7%) and S&P 500 (-1.7%) pacing the retreat. Small cap stocks have fared a bit better so far today, but the Russell is still lower by 0.9%.

Equity indices slumped at the start of the session amid broad-based weakness in Europe where some old concerns have returned to the forefront. Namely, fears of a Greek exit from the eurozone are back in play with the country headed for a general election on January 25. Over the weekend, German Chancellor Angela Merkel said that a Greek exit from the monetary union would be manageable, but the euro has been pressured to the 1.1920 area against the dollar.

The resulting dollar strength has sent the Dollar Index (91.49, +0.41) to its highest level since late 2005, but safe-haven flows have prevented the greenback from rallying against the yen (119.60). However, dollar strength has contributed to today's plunge in crude oil. The energy component is currently lower by 4.2% at $50.49/bbl, which has pressured the energy sector (-4.0%) to the bottom of the leaderboard.

Similar to energy, four of the remaining five cyclical sectors trail the broader market while technology (-1.5%) trades just ahead of the S&P 500.

Things look a bit better on the countercyclical side where all four groups outperform. The health care sector (-0.5%) has made a brief appearance in the green thanks to relative strength in the biotech space. Gilead Sciences (GILD 97.35, +2.44) trades up 2.6% in reaction to reports CVS Health (CVS 94.05, -1.05) will give preferred status to a pair of Gilead's drugs. The broader iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 307.09, +0.75) is higher by 0.2% after being up as much as 1.0%.

Elsewhere, the consumer staples sector (-0.8%) has spent the first half of the session ahead of the S&P 500 with Coca-Cola (KO 42.27, +0.13) trading higher by 0.3% after Morgan Stanley upgraded the stock to 'Overweight' from 'Equal-Weight.'

Treasuries hover near their best levels of the day with the 10-yr yield down six basis points at 2.05%.

Today's retreat has caused participants to increase their demand for portfolio hedges as evidenced by a 16.6% spike in the CBOE Volatility Index (20.75, +2.96). That being said, even with today's decline, the S&P 500 still trades more than 2.5% above its December 16 low.

12:25 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] Equity indices remain pressured with the S&P 500 (-1.6%) having spent the past 90 minutes in a five-point range just above its session low.

In our previous update, we highlighted the health care sector, which had made a brief appearance in the green. The sector is now lower by 0.3% after returning into the red, but the influential group continues trading ahead of the broader market. Similar to health care, other countercyclical groups like consumer staples (-0.6%), telecom services (-0.2%), and utilities (-1.0%) also trade ahead of the broader market.

Meanwhile, five of six cyclical sectors trade behind the broader market while technology (-1.4%) has fared a bit better than the S&P 500.

12:00 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] Not much change in the major averages with the S&P 500 (-1.3%) trading just five points above its worst level of the day.

The energy sector (-4.1%) remains well behind other groups while health care (+0.1%) has been able to make it back into the green with help from biotechnology. Notably, Gilead Sciences (GILD 98.02, +3.11) is higher by 3.3% after spiking from its low amid reports CVS Health (CVS 94.28, -0.82) will give preferred status to a pair of Gilead's drugs. The broader iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 309.37, +3.05) trades up 1.0%.

Elsewhere, Treasuries have spent the past two hours near their highs with the 10-yr yield down six basis points at 2.05%.

11:30 am: [BRIEFING.COM] Selling pressure persists with the major averages trading on their lows. The S&P 500 (-1.5%) remains the weakest performer while the Russell 2000 is lower by 0.6%.

Today's weakest sector-energy-has widened its decline to 4.2% with crude oil accompanying the move. WTI Crude is now down 4.7% at $50.20/bbl while Brent Crude has surrendered 6.0% and currently trades at $52.99/bbl.

Also of note, markets across Europe are headed into the close with Germany's DAX, Italy's MIB, and Spain's IBEX down between 2.7% and 4.6%. Meanwhile, the euro has clawed back to 1.1930 against the dollar after marking a morning low just below the 1.1900 level.

10:55 am: [BRIEFING.COM] Equity indices have dropped to new lows with the S&P 500 (-1.2%) pacing the move while the tech-heavy Nasdaq (-0.9%) continues trading ahead of the benchmark index. Also of note, small caps have held up better than the broader market, as evidenced by a 0.3% decline in the Russell 2000.

Today's retreat has been fueled by concerns about the eurozone, but the Russell 2000 has benefitted from the fact that the index has a more domestic orientation as opposed to the S&P 500, which contains a large number of companies with global exposure.

The energy sector (-3.6%) remains behind the other nine groups while technology (-0.9%) and health care (-0.4%) continue trading ahead of the broader market.

10:35 am: [BRIEFING.COM]

The dollar index is trading 0.4% higher this morning at 91.45, which is weighing on select commodities.
However, the index has been pulling back in recent trade.
Oil prices got slammed this morning, pulling WTI crude oil futures below the $51/barrel level. Brent crude got slammed as well.
Feb crude oil is now -3.9% at $50.63/barrel.
Natural gas, on the other hand, started the morning off strong due to a cold blast hitting the U.S.
And since half of U.S. households use natural gas for heating purposes, changes in weather/weather forecasts typically has a large impact on current prices
Feb natural gas has since pulled back and is now +0.8% at $3.03/MMBtu
Despite the strength seen in the dollar index this morning, precious metals are trading higher.
Feb gold is now +1.3% at $1201.20/oz, while Mar silver is +2.7% at $16.20/oz. Mar copper is in the red, now -1.8% at $2.77/lb.

10:00 am: [BRIEFING.COM] The S&P 500 has widened its decline to 1.0% with the energy sector (-2.5%) also adding to its loss. At this juncture, technology (-1.0%) and health care (-0.5%) represent the only top-weighted sectors that have not slipped behind the broader market.

In large part, the health care sector has been kept in a position of relative strength by biotechnology. The iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 305.01, -1.33) is lower by 0.5%. In turn, this has helped the Nasdaq Composite (-0.9%) stay a bit ahead of the broader market.

Treasuries have climbed to new highs, lowering the 10-yr yield to 2.07% (-5 bps).

9:45 am: [BRIEFING.COM] The major averages have slid out of the gate amid broad weakness. The S&P 500 trades lower by 0.9% with all ten sectors showing early losses.

Understandably, the energy sector (-2.4%) is the weakest performer so far as crude oil trades down 3.8% at $50.70/bbl. Meanwhile, the other commodity-related sector-materials (-1.4%)-also trades near the bottom of the leaderboard.

Elsewhere, heavily-weighted consumer discretionary (-1.0%) and financials (-1.0%) trail the broader market while health care (-0.4%) and consumer staples (-0.1%) have shown relative strength.

Treasuries have continued their advance, pressuring the 10-yr yield to 2.08% (-3 bps).

9:12 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: -16.10. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -27.30. The stock market is on track for a lower open with futures on the S&P 500 trading 16 points below fair value. U.S. index futures have retreated amid weakness in Europe where markets have been pressured by concerns surrounding the future of Greece in the eurozone. Recall that the country is headed for a January 25 election, which could put Coalition of the Radical Left (Syriza) in power. Syriza leaders have voiced their opposition to conditions of the Greek bailout in the past, which has pressured the euro. The single currency trades near 1.1930 against the dollar while the Dollar Index (91.45, +0.37) is higher by 0.4%. Over the weekend, German Chancellor Angela Merkel commented on the situation, saying a Greek exit from the monetary union would be manageable.

In addition to underpinning the dollar, safe-haven demand has sent Treasuries to new highs. The 10-yr yield is lower by two basis points at 2.09%.

Today's session will be free of economic data.

8:57 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: -17.00. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -29.50. The S&P 500 futures trade 17 points below fair value.

Markets were weak across much Asia. China's Shanghai Composite was the exception, surging 3.6% on speculation of further easing by the People's Bank of China.

In economic data:
Japan's Manufacturing PMI ticked down to 52.0 from 52.1 (expected 52.1)
Australia's AIG Manufacturing Index fell to 46.9 from 50.1
Thailand's core inflation ticked up to 1.69% year-over-year from 1.60%
Indonesia's consumer confidence slumped to 116.5 from 120.1

------

Japan's Nikkei shed 0.2% and saw its third day of selling. The stronger yen weighed on exporters with Toyota Motor falling 0.7% and Nissan Motor losing 1.0%.
Hong Kong's Hang Seng lost 0.6% after failing to hold its early gain. Gaming names remained weak with Galaxy Entertainment giving up 2.8%.
China's Shanghai Composite rallied 3.6% to its best levels since August 2009. Property names were well bid with China Vanke up 7.3% and Poly Real Estate surging the limit, 10%, in response to reports Beijing will loosen up lending for first-time homebuyers.
India's Sensex slipped 0.2% from near one-month highs. IT service providers were a drag as Tata Consultancy Services and Infosys lost 1.5% and 0.9%, respectively.

Major European indices trade lower across the board with the euro under pressure (1.1925) after German Chancellor Angela Merkel said over the weekend that a Greek exit from the eurozone would be manageable. Elsewhere, European Central Bank executive member Peter Praet said bond purchases by the ECB must be in-line with existing treaties.

Economic data was limited:
Eurozone Sentix Investor Confidence increased to 0.9 from -2.5 (expected -1.0)
UK's Construction PMI fell to 57.6 from 59.4 (expected 59.0)
Spain's Claimant Count decreased 64,400 (expected -72,000; previous -14,700)
Swiss SVME PMI climbed to 54.0 from 52.1 (expected 52.9)

------

UK's FTSE has given up 0.8% amid weakness in energy and mining names. Anglo American, BHP Billiton, BP, and BG Group hold losses between 2.3% and 3.1%
Germany's DAX is lower by 0.9% with heavyweights Deutsche Bank, BMW, and Volkswagen among the laggards. The three names are down between 2.0% and 2.5%. Fresenius Medical and Merck outperform with respective gains of 2.1% and 0.7%
France's CAC trades down 1.1%. Energy names Technip and Total lead the retreat with both names down near 2.5%. Consumer names outperform with Essilor International and Accor up 1.4% and 0.3%, respectively.
Italy's MIB trails the region with a 1.7% decline. UBI Banca, Intesa Sanpaolo, Unicredit, and Mediobanca are among the weakest performers, down between 1.5% and 2.5%.

8:27 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: -11.90. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -21.00. U.S. equity futures remain pressured, which is also the case with their European counterparts and the euro. The euro (1.1915) weakness has helped the Dollar Index (91.61, +0.53) extend to its best level since late 2005.

Like the euro, the pound is down near 100 pips against the dollar (1.5225), while the Japanese yen has added about 40 pips against the greenback and currently hovers just below the 120.00 mark.

Elsewhere, Treasuries have returned into the green after reclaiming their overnight losses. The 10-yr yield is lower by a basis point at 2.10%.

7:56 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: -9.80. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -16.80. U.S. equity futures trade near their pre-market lows amid cautious action overseas. The S&P 500 futures hover ten points below fair value after sliding from their highs at the start of the European session where the key indices trade lower across the board. Similar to European equities, the euro is under pressure (1.1900) after German Chancellor Angela Merkel said over the weekend that a Greek exit from the eurozone would be manageable.

The euro weakness has helped the Dollar Index (91.73, +0.65) climb 0.7%, which is putting pressure on crude oil. The energy component is lower by 2.9% at $51.17/bbl.

Treasuries hover just south of their flat lines with the 10-yr yield a shade below 2.12%.

In U.S. corporate news:

Carnival (CCL 46.44, +0.83): +1.8% after Raymond James upgraded the stock to 'Outperform' from 'Market Perform.'
Caterpillar (CAT 90.21, -1.67): -1.8% in reaction to a JP Morgan downgrade to 'Underweight' from 'Neutral.'

Reviewing overnight developments:

Asian markets ended mixed. Hong Kong's Hang Seng -0.6%, Japan's Nikkei -0.2%, and China's Shanghai Composite +3.6%
In economic data:
Japan's Manufacturing PMI ticked down to 52.0 from 52.1 (expected 52.1)
Australia's AIG Manufacturing Index fell to 46.9 from 50.1
In news:
China's State Information Center estimated 2015 GDP would come in at 7.0% while Standard Chartered pegged 2015 growth at 7.1%, down from 7.3%

Major European indices trade lower across the board. Germany's DAX -0.5%, UK's FTSE -0.9%, and France's CAC -1.0%. Elsewhere, Italy's MIB -1.6% and Spain's IBEX -1.3%
Economic data was limited:
Eurozone Sentix Investor Confidence increased to 0.9 from -2.5 (expected -1.0)
UK's Construction PMI fell to 57.6 from 59.4 (expected 59.0)
Spain's Claimant Count decreased 64,400 (expected -72,000; previous -14,700)
Swiss SVME PMI climbed to 54.0 from 52.1 (expected 52.9)
Among news of note:
European Central Bank executive member Peter Praet said bond purchases by the ECB must be in-line with existing treaties

6:50 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: -11.50. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -20.00.

6:50 am: [BRIEFING.COM] Nikkei...17,408.71...-42.10...-0.20%. Hang Seng...23,721.32...-136.50...-0.60%.

6:50 am: [BRIEFING.COM] FTSE...6,505.66...-42.20...-0.60%. DAX...9,727.19...-37.50...-0.40%.

Special thanks to Bloomberg, CNNMoney, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance for their market summaries. gm

Best Regards,
M.A. Perry
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
Image@ http://twitter.com/wrbtrader Image@ http://stocktwits.com/wrbtrader

http://www.thestrategylab.com
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
Skype Messenger: kebec2002
questions@thestrategylab.com
Go Back To TheStrategyLab.com Homepage