TheStrategyLab.com Price Action Trading Support Forum

Forum for price action traders that want to learn WRB Analysis basic tutorial chapters 1, 2 and 3 prior to purchasing our advance trade methods. Hashtags: #wrbanalysis #wrbzone #wrbhiddengap #priceaction #trading
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: December 30th Tuesday Trade Results - No Trades
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:08 am 
Site Admin

Trade Results of M.A. Perry
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
Price Action Trading (no technical indicators)
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
Free Chat Room: http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164
Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
questions@thestrategylab.com (24/7)
http://twitter.com/wrbtrader (24/7)

Quote:
No trades because of end of the year website work and personal errands with the family.

Price Action Trade Performance for Today: Emini TF ($TF_F) futures @ 0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Emini ES ($ES_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Light Crude Oil CL ($CL_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Gold GC ($GC_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points and EuroFX 6E ($6E_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.0000 ticks. Total Profit @ No Trades

Russell 2000 Emini TF Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ The ICE
S&P 500 Emini ES Futures: 1 tick or 0.25 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Light Crude Oil CL (WTI) Futures: 1 tick or 0.01 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Gold GC Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
EuroFX 6E Futures: 1 tick or 0.0001 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup

Trade Log: All of my trades were posted real-time in the timestamp ##TheStrategyLab chat room. You can read today's price action trading information about my trades (e.g. time, price entry, contract size, price exit) as the trade traversed to its completion. Also, sometimes I'll post real-time trading tips in ##TheStrategyLab chat room involving WRBs, WRB Hidden GAPs, Key Market Events (KME), Tutorial Chapters 2 & 3, WRB Zones, Reaction Highs/Lows, Contracting Volatility or Expanding Volatility. Its all archived @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/ftchat/forum/viewtopic.php?f=137&t=1971

Quote:
All of my real-time posted trades involves price action concepts from the WRB Analysis free study guide, Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 4 - 12 and the Volatility Trading Report (VTR) trade signal strategies. Analysis -----> Trade Signals

Also, posted below are direct links to information about my price action trade methodology and trading plan (there's a difference between the two) that enables me to identify key trading areas in the price action that represent changes in supply/demand and volatility along with being able to exploit these changes via WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis). I'm primarily a day trader because it suits my personal lifestyle but I do occasionally swing trade and position trade. Simply, my trade method is applicable for position trading, swing trading and day trading.

Image ##TheStrategyLab Chat Room is free. Members and I use the chat room to post WRB Analysis commentary, real-time trades and to post anything else related to trading. The chat room helps me tremendously in my own trading because I use it to document (journal) general volatility analysis involving WRB Analysis so that I can easily review at a later date my thoughts as I interacted with the markets...info I can not get from my broker statements. Also, this is not a signal calling chat room where a head trader tells you when to buy or sell and I do not have the time/energy/resources to manage a signal calling chat room. Access instructions for chat room @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164

Image Price Action Analysis via Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/WRBAnalysisTutorials.htm and there's a free study guide of the WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1, 2 and 3 @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=718

Analysis -----> Trade Signals

Image Trade Signal Strategies via Volatility Trading Report (VTR) @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/VolatilityTrading.htm and there's a free trade signal strategy @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=89 so that you can freely test drive one of our price action trade strategies with support (answering your questions) prior to purchasing the Volatility Trading Report (VTR).

All WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1 - 12 are included in the purchase of the Volatility Trading Report (VTR).

Image Trading Plan Daily Routine @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=252&t=2585

-----------------------------

Market Context Summaries

The below summaries by Bloomberg, CNNMoney, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance helps me to do a quick review of the fundamentals, FED/ECB/BOE/IMF actions or any important global economic events (e.g. Eurozone, MarketWatch.com) that had an impact on today's price action in many trading instruments I monitor during the trading day. Simply, I'm a strong believer that key market events causes key changes in supply/demand and volatility resulting in trade opportunities (swing points and strong continuation price actions) that reach profit targets. Thus, I pay attention to these key market events, intermarket analysis (e.g. Forex EurUsd, EuroFX 6E futures, Gold GC futures, Light Crude Oil (WTI) CL & Brent Oil futures, Eurex DAX futures, Euronext FTSE100 futures, Emini ES futures, Emini TF futures, Treasury ZB futures and U.S. Dollar Index futures) while using WRB Analysis from one trade to the next trade to give me the market context for price action trading before the appearance of my technical analysis trade signals. Therefore, I maintain these archives to allow me to understand what was happening on any given trading day in the past involving key market events to help better understand my trade decisions (day trading, swing trading, position trading)...something I can not get from my broker statements alone. Further, most financial websites remove (delete) their archives after a few years to make room for new content. Therefore, I maintain my own archives of the news content so that I have it available for me when financial websites no longer archives their content.

Attachment:
123014-Key-Price-Action-Markets.png
123014-Key-Price-Action-Markets.png [ 1.58 MiB | Viewed 377 times ]

click on the above image to view today's price action of key markets

4:10 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] The stock market ended the Tuesday session on a broadly lower note. The Nasdaq Composite (-0.6%) was the weakest performer among the major averages while the S&P 500 (-0.5%) ended a bit ahead of the tech-heavy index.

Equities began the day in negative territory and remained below their flat lines until the close. However, participation was very limited with just 525 million shares changing hands at the NYSE floor. The light activity was also reflected by narrow trading ranges with the S&P 500 bounded between 2,080 and 2,084 for most of the session.

Overall, cyclical sectors were responsible for the bulk of the weakness as three of six growth-sensitive groups settled in-line with or behind the broader market while the utilities sector (-2.1%) was the only laggard on the countercyclical side.

The utilities sector spent the entire session at the bottom of the leaderboard to narrow its 2014 gain to 26.6%. Despite today's retreat, the rate-sensitive group remains on track to finish the year ahead of the other nine sectors while health care, which has spiked 24.5% in 2014, is all but sure to finish the year in the second place.

Similar to utilities, the energy sector (-0.6%) slumped out of the gate amid early weakness in crude oil, which endured a volatile session. The energy component faced selling pressure overnight, but was able to climb into the green this morning, ending higher by 0.8% at $54.10/bbl. Today's uptick in the price of crude could not prevent oil services provider Civeo (CVEO 3.92, -4.35) from slashing its guidance for next year, which caused the stock to plunge 52.6%.

Elsewhere, other influential sectors like industrials (-0.5%) and technology (-0.7%) kept the market under pressure while consumer discretionary (-0.4%), financials (-0.1%), and health care (-0.4%) displayed relative strength.

For the most part, the health care sector withstood weakness in the biotech group that pressured the iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 304.62, -3.39) lower by 1.1%. This in turn contributed to the underperformance of the Nasdaq Composite.

Treasuries notched their highs shortly after the opening bell before retreating throughout the day. The 10-yr yield slipped one basis point to 2.19%.

Economic data was limited to Consumer Confidence and Case-Shiller 20-City Index:

The Conference Board's Consumer Confidence Index increased to 92.6 in December from an upwardly revised 91.0 (from 88.7) while the Briefing.com consensus expected an increase to 94.4
Over the last month, gasoline prices dropped to their lowest point in more than five years, equity markets have reached historic highs, and the employment situation improved notably, but the December reading came in below the 94.1 that was recorded in October
The Case-Shiller 20-city Home Price Index for October rose 4.5% against a 4.4% increase expected by the Briefing.com consensus
The prior month's reading was revised down to 4.8% from 4.9%

Tomorrow, weekly MBA Mortgage Index will be released at 7:00 ET while Initial Claims will be reported at 8:30 ET (Briefing.com consensus 290K). The Chicago PMI report for December (consensus 60.0) will cross the wires at 9:45 ET while the Pending Home Sales report for November (expected 0.8%) will be released at 10:00 ET.

Nasdaq Composite +14.4% YTD
S&P 500 +12.6% YTD
Dow Jones Industrial Average +8.5% YTD
Russell 2000 +4.1% YTD

3:45 pm: [BRIEFING.COM]

Gold and silver futures both spiked following the open of pit trading, which pushed gold back above $1200/oz and silver back above $16/oz
Feb gold rose as high as $1209.20/oz, but ended the day near the $1200 at $1200.40/oz (+$18.60).
Mar silver ended $0.48 higher at $16.26/oz
Natural gas remained in the red all day and fell as low as $3.08/MMBtu. By the end of today's session, Feb nat gas closed $0.10 lower at $3.09/MMBtu
WTI crude oil came back off overnight lows, finishing the day $0.42 higher at $54.10/barrel.

3:00 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] The S&P 500 trades lower by 0.4% with one hour remaining in the session. The benchmark index has spent the entire trading day in negative territory, but it is worth mentioning that outside of the opening slip, the S&P 500 has held within a six-point range.

As mentioned earlier, today's participation has been running well below average with just 315 million shares traded at the NYSE going into the final hour. The current total suggests today's final tally will come in well below the 50-day average of 787 million, but could surpass the 435.8 million that was registered on Friday.

2:30 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] Quiet afternoon action continues with the S&P 500 trading lower by 0.5%.

The energy sector was among the weakest performers at the start of the session, but the group has now caught up to the broader market. However, other cyclical sectors like industrials (-0.6%) and technology (-0.8%) have widened their losses.

Elsewhere, the utilities sector has lagged since the start and the rate-sensitive group is now down 2.1%. The decline has caused the sector to swing from a week-to-date gain to a loss of 1.1%, but the sector remains ahead of the other nine groups for the year. With just one more session remaining in 2014, the sector is on course to end the year higher by 26.5% while health care is all but certain to finish 2014 in the second spot (+24.6%).

2:00 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] The S&P 500 (-0.5%) hovers just above its recently-established low.

Over the last month, gasoline prices dropped to their lowest point in more than five years, equity markets have reached historic highs, and the employment situation notably improved.

Clearly, the factors behind the confidence data warranted a strong increase in the overall index. Yet, the December reading is still below October's 94.1 report.

These results show the irrationality inherent in consumer surveys.

1:30 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] Modest losses persist for the major indices as volume and news remains notably light ahead of the New Year's holiday.

In recent trade, WTI crude futures (+0.23 to $53.84/bbl) have bounced back into positive territory. Overnight lows saw the fossil fuel trade as low as $52.70/bbl. Elsewhere in commodities, gold (+20.10 to $1202/ozt) and silver (+0.49 to $16.27/ozt) hold their strong gains on the day.

Recent IPO NeuroDerm (NDRM 13.40, +7.22) is over 115% after announcing topline data from its Phase 2a study of its treatment for severe Parkinson's. The company's product candidates ND0612H and ND0612L demonstrated clinically-significant plasma levodops levels which the company believes may provide an effective therapy alternative to current treatments which require surgery. NeuroDerm, which went public on November 14 after pricing at $10 per share, is trading at new all-time highs after today's data.

Utlities (-1.9%) remain the biggest loser today while materials (+0.1%) sector is the biggest gainer in what has been a down day.

12:55 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] The major averages trade lower across the board at midday after spending the first half of the session near their opening lows. The S&P 500 has given up 0.3% amid losses in nine of ten sectors. That being said, today's session has been very quiet with just 221 million shares having changed hands at the NYSE floor.

Equities were pressured from the start with the opening retreat taking place amid selling in Europe. Energy companies paced the overseas slide and the growth-sensitive group has also contributed to weakness in U.S. equities. The energy space (-0.6%) is the weakest cyclical sector at midday while crude oil trades flat at $53.62/bbl after enduring a volatile start.

Dow components Chevron (CVX 113.05, -0.27) and ExxonMobil (XOM 92.97, -0.10) are down close to 0.2% apiece while oil services provider Civeo (CVEO 4.07, -4.20) has been cut in half after the company lowered its outlook for 2015.

However, energy is not the only laggard on the cyclical side as heavily-weighted sectors like consumer discretionary (-0.4%), industrials (-0.5%), and technology (-0.6%) also trail the broader market. The industrial sector has been pressured by its top component-General Electric (GE 25.50, -0.20)-while transport stocks have held up relatively well. The Dow Jones Transportation Average trades little changed.

On the upside, the financial sector hovers just above its flat line while another heavily-weighted group-health care (-0.2%)-has shown relative strength even as biotechnology lags. The iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 305.42, -2.59) trades lower by 0.8%, which has contributed to the underperformance of the Nasdaq.

Treasuries hover near their best levels of the day with the 10-yr yield down three basis points at 2.17%.

Economic data was limited to Consumer Confidence and Case-Shiller 20-City Index:

The Conference Board's Consumer Confidence Index increased to 92.6 in December from an upwardly revised 91.0 (from 88.7) while the Briefing.com consensus expected an increase to 94.4
Over the last month, gasoline prices dropped to their lowest point in more than five years, equity markets have reached historic highs, and the employment situation improved notably, but the December reading came in below the 94.1 that was recorded in October
The Case-Shiller 20-city Home Price Index for October rose 4.5% against a 4.4% increase expected by the Briefing.com consensus
The prior month's reading was revised down to 4.8% from 4.9%

12:30 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] The S&P 500 trades lower by 0.3% after having spent the past two hours in a four-point range.

As far as individual sectors are concerned, energy (-0.7%) and utilities (-1.3%) remain at the bottom of the leaderboard while financials, materials, and health care have not been able to climb above their respective flat lines.

Elsewhere, the industrial sector (-0.5%) trails the broader market, but transport stocks have held up relatively well. The Dow Jones Transportation Average trades flat amid strength in airline stocks. United Continental (UAL 66.09, +0.87) leads the pack with a gain of 1.3%.

12:00 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] Equity indices remain near their lows with nine sectors trading in the red. The rate-sensitive utilities sector (-1.3%) has slipped to the bottom of the leaderboard while energy (-0.6%) and industrials (-0.5%) represent the second and third weakest sectors of the day.

The energy space trades just a bit above its session low after failing to make a sustained move above its flat line. The growth-sensitive group rallied off its opening low, but found resistance at its flat line. Meanwhile, crude oil continues hovering near unchanged for the session at $53.60/bbl.

On the upside, the health care sector hovers just above its flat line while biotechnology continues to lag with the iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 306.87, -1.05) lower by 0.3%.

11:30 am: [BRIEFING.COM] Not much change in the major averages with the S&P 500 (-0.3%) continuing to trade within a few points of its session low. However, it is worth mentioning that participation in today's session has been very limited with just 165 million shares having changed hands on the NYSE floor so far.

In all likelihood, today's trading day is likely to challenge December 26 for the title of the slowest session of the year after last Friday's affair generated just 435.8 million versus a 50-day moving average near 784 million.

Market breadth, meanwhile, continues favoring the bears with roughly 1.4 names trading in the red for each advancer.

10:55 am: [BRIEFING.COM] Equity indices remain under pressure with the S&P 500 (-0.3%) hovering just above its lowest point of the day. Meanwhile, the tech-heavy Nasdaq Composite (-0.4%) underperforms due to relative weakness in high-beta areas like biotechnology and chipmakers. The iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 305.85, -2.16) is lower by 0.7% while the broader health care sector (-0.2%) continues trading ahead of the broader market.

Elsewhere, the PHLX Semiconductor Index has given up 0.4% and is now down 0.7% after the first two sessions of the week. The group has fared better than the technology sector (-0.4%), which is down 0.8% so far this week.

Treasuries continue trading near their lows with the 10-yr yield down three basis points at 2.17%.

10:35 am: [BRIEFING.COM]

Gold and silver futures both spiked following the open of pit trading, which pushed gold back above $1200/oz and silver back above $16/oz
Gold surged about $15/oz in three minutes following the open. Since then, both gold and silver have extend gains
Feb gold is now +2% at $1205.40/oz, while Mar silver is +3.95 at $16.38/oz
Natural gas futures sold off earlier and continues to remain weak in morning trade. Feb nat gas is now -2.6% at $3.12/MMBtu
WTI crude oil has recovered off of its overnight LoD and is now +0.3% at $53.78/barrel.

10:00 am: [BRIEFING.COM] The S&P 500 (-0.3%) has slipped to a fresh low with nine sectors showing losses.

Just released, the consumer confidence reading for December came in at 92.6, while economists polled by Briefing.com expected the survey to come in at 94.4. This followed the prior month's revised reading of 91.0 (from 88.7).

9:40 am: [BRIEFING.COM] As expected, the major averages began the session under pressure. The S&P 500 trades lower by 0.2% with nine sectors showing early losses.

The energy sector (-0.9%) opened behind the remaining nine groups even though crude oil has recovered its overnight loss and currently trades flat at $53.62/bbl. Elsewhere, the utilities sector (-0.8%) also trails the broader market while the remaining groups hold losses of no more than 0.2%.

Treasuries remain near their best levels of the morning with the 10-yr yield down three basis points at 2.17%.

The Consumer Confidence report for December will be released at 10:00 ET (Briefing.com consensus 94.4).

9:14 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: -7.10. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -12.00. The stock market is on track for a lower open as futures on the S&P 500 hover near their pre-market lows. The S&P 500 futures hover seven points below fair value after sliding into the red at the conclusion of the Asian session where the key indices ended lower across the board. Notably, Japan's ruling coalition announced plans to cut the effective corporate tax rate below 30% over the next two years. The dollar/yen pair has retreated more than 100 pips into the 119.30 area.

Meanwhile, European markets have followed the lead from Asia and they currently trade lower across the board with Greece-related concerns remaining at the forefront. That being said, energy-related names have paced the slide as crude oil trades lower by 0.4% at $53.42/bbl.

Staying on the energy theme, major sector components like Chevron (CVX 112.80, -0.52) and ExxonMobil (XOM 92.65, -0.42) trade lower in pre-market action, suggesting a defensive start for the sector.

Treasuries hold modest gains with the 10-yr yield down three basis points at 2.17%.

The Consumer Confidence report for December will be released at 10:00 ET (Briefing.com consensus 94.4).

9:02 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: -6.60. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -10.80. The S&P 500 futures trade seven points below fair value.

The Case-Shiller 20-city Home Price Index for October rose 4.5% against a 4.4% increase expected by the Briefing.com consensus. This followed the previous month's increase of 4.9%.

8:28 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: -5.70. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -7.30. The S&P 500 futures trade six points below fair value.

Markets fell across much of Asia. Japan's government announced plans to cut the corporate tax rate by 251 basis points to 32.1% in 2015 and by another 80 basis points to 31.3% in 2016. The news boosted the yen, pressuring the dollar/yen pair into the 119.60 area.

In economic data:
Hong Kong's Retail Sales rose 4.1% year-over-year (expected -5.4%; previous 1.4%)
South Korea's Industrial Production rose 1.3% month-over-month (expected 0.6%; previous -1.7%) while Retail Sales increased 1.9% (prior -0.1%). Separately, current account surplus expanded to KRW9.73 billion from KRW7.17 billion

------

Japan's Nikkei fell 1.6% on its final trading day of 2014, but still managed to book a 7.1% gain for the year. Drugmaker Fujifilm sank 2.2% after the Japanese man hospitalized with Ebola-like symptoms tested negative for the virus.
Hong Kong's Hang Seng lost 1.1%, but held the 200-day average. Energy names were weak as Cnooc lost 3.4% and PetroChina fell 2.9%.
China's Shanghai Composite slipped 0.1% amid quiet action. Automaker BYD rallied 5.8% on word energy-efficient vehicles are gaining government support in Shenzhen.
India's Sensex ended a volatile session unchanged. Bharat Heavy Electric led with a 1.5% gain while Hero MotoCorp lost 2.1% to pace the decliners.

Major European indices trade lower across the board with Germany's DAX (-1.3%) showing the largest decline. Meanwhile, the euro trades little changed against the dollar (1.2155) after marking its lowest level of the year in overnight action (1.2123). The single currency is on course to end 2014 near levels last seen in 2012.

Participants received several data points:
Eurozone M3 Money Supply expanded 3.1% year-over-year (expected 2.6%; previous 2.5%), but Private Loans declined 0.9% year-over-year (consensus -1.0%; prior -1.1%)
UK's Nationwide HPI ticked up 0.2% month-over-month (expected 0.3%; previous 0.3%) while the year-over-year reading jumped 7.2% (consensus 7.5%; last 8.5%)
Spain's CPI fell 1.1% year-over-year (expected -0.7%; consensus -0.4%) while Retail Sales increased 1.9% year-over-year (last 1.0%)
Italy's Business Confidence improved to 97.5 from 96.5 (expected 96.0) while PPI slipped 0.2% month-over-month (last -0.3%)

------

Germany's DAX is lower by 1.3% with Deutsche Telekom and RWE leading the slide. The two names hold respective losses of 1.4% and 1.8%. Adidas outperforms, trading higher by 1.5%.
In France, the CAC has given up 1.2% amid broad weakness. Growth-sensitive names like Total, and Schneider Electric underperform with losses close to 2.0% apiece. On the upside, hotel operator Accor is higher by 0.6%.
UK's FTSE trades down 1.1% with energy names exerting pressure. BP, BG Group, Royal Dutch Shell, and Tullow Oil are down between 1.7% and 2.6%.
Spain's IBEX is lower by 1.2%. Engineering names Acciona, Sacyr, and Abengoa hold losses between 2.1% and 4.2%.

7:56 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: -6.60. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -8.00. U.S. equity futures trade near their pre-market lows amid cautious action overseas. The S&P 500 futures hover seven points below fair value after sliding from highs around midnight ET. Similarly, markets in Europe have faced some selling pressure with Spain's IBEX (-1.2%) leading the retreat.

The stock market respected a narrow trading range yesterday and it wouldn't be too surprising to see the same dynamic unfold today amid below-average trading volume. Investors did not receive any corporate news and economic data will be limited to just two reports. The Case-Shiller 20-city Index for October will be released at 9:00 ET (Briefing.com consensus 4.4%) while the December reading of the Consumer Confidence report (consensus 94.4) will cross the wires at 10:00 ET.

Treasuries hold modest gains with the 10-yr yield lower by nearly two basis points at 2.19%.

In U.S. corporate news of note:

Major energy sector components like Chevron (CVX 112.53, -0.79), ExxonMobil (XOM 92.50, -0.57), and Occidental Petroleum (OXY 81.02, -0.69) have faced some early selling pressure as crude oil trades lower by 0.8% at $53.21/bbl.

Reviewing overnight developments:

Asian markets ended lower. China's Shanghai Composite -0.1%, Hong Kong's Hang Seng -1.1%, and Japan's Nikkei -1.6%.
In economic data:
Hong Kong's Retail Sales rose 4.1% year-over-year (expected -5.4%; previous 1.4%)
South Korea's Industrial Production rose 1.3% month-over-month (expected 0.6%; previous -1.7%) while Retail Sales increased 1.9% (prior -0.1%). Separately, current account surplus expanded to KRW9.73 billion from KRW7.17 billion
In news:
The yen strengthened overnight amid reports Japan's ruling coalition will cut the effective corporate tax rate below 30%. The dollar/yen pair has retreated more than 110 pips into the 119.50 area.

Major European indices trade lower across the board. Germany's DAX -0.7%, France's CAC -0.9%, and UK's FTSE -1.0%. Elsewhere, Spain's IBEX -1.2% and Italy's MIB -0.4%.
Participants received several data points:
Eurozone M3 Money Supply expanded 3.1% year-over-year (expected 2.6%; previous 2.5%), but Private Loans declined 0.9% year-over-year (consensus -1.0%; prior -1.1%)
UK's Nationwide HPI ticked up 0.2% month-over-month (expected 0.3%; previous 0.3%) while the year-over-year reading jumped 7.2% (consensus 7.5%; last 8.5%)
Spain's CPI fell 1.1% year-over-year (expected -0.7%; consensus -0.4%) while Retail Sales increased 1.9% year-over-year (last 1.0%) Italy's Business Confidence improved to 97.5 from 96.5 (expected 96.0) while PPI slipped 0.2% month-over-month (last -0.3%)
Among news of note:
The euro trades little changed against the dollar (1.2160) after marking its lowest level of the year in overnight action (1.2123). The single currency is on course to end 2014 near levels last seen in 2012.

6:32 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: -5.00. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -5.00.

6:32 am: [BRIEFING.COM] Nikkei...17450.77...-279.10...-1.60%. Hang Seng...23501.10...-272.10...-1.10%.

6:32 am: [BRIEFING.COM] FTSE...6578.00...-55.50...-0.80%. DAX...9854.58...-72.60...-0.70%.

Special thanks to Bloomberg, CNNMoney, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance for their market summaries. gm

Best Regards,
M.A. Perry
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
Image@ http://twitter.com/wrbtrader Image@ http://stocktwits.com/wrbtrader

http://www.thestrategylab.com
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
Skype Messenger: kebec2002
questions@thestrategylab.com
Go Back To TheStrategyLab.com Homepage