TheStrategyLab.com Price Action Trading Support Forum

Forum for price action traders that want to learn WRB Analysis basic tutorial chapters 1, 2 and 3 prior to purchasing our advance trade methods. Hashtags: #wrbanalysis #wrbzone #wrbhiddengap #priceaction #trading
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: October 23rd Thursday Trade Results - Profit $5840.00
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:21 pm 
Site Admin

Trade Results of M.A. Perry
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
Price Action Trading (no technical indicators)
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
Free Chat Room: http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164
Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
questions@thestrategylab.com (24/7)
http://twitter.com/wrbtrader (24/7)

Attachment:
102314-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-PnL-Blotter-Profit+5840.00.png
102314-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-PnL-Blotter-Profit+5840.00.png [ 175.36 KiB | Viewed 312 times ]

click on the above image to view today's performance verification

Price Action Trade Performance for Today: Emini TF ($TF_F) futures @ $5,840.00 dollars or +58.40 points, Emini ES ($ES_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Light Crude Oil CL ($CL_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Gold GC ($GC_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points and EuroFX 6E ($6E_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.0000 ticks. Total Profit @ $5,840.00 dollars

Russell 2000 Emini TF Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ The ICE
S&P 500 Emini ES Futures: 1 tick or 0.25 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Light Crude Oil CL (WTI) Futures: 1 tick or 0.01 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Gold GC Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
EuroFX 6E Futures: 1 tick or 0.0001 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup

Trade Log: All of my trades were posted real-time in the timestamp ##TheStrategyLab chat room. You can read today's price action trading information about my trades (e.g. time, price entry, contract size, price exit) as the trade traversed to its completion. Also, sometimes I'll post real-time trading tips involving WRBs, WRB Hidden GAPs, Key Market Events (KME), Tutorial Chapters 2 & 3, WRB Zones, Reaction Highs/Lows, Contracting Volatility or Expanding Volatility. Its all archived @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/ftchat/forum/viewtopic.php?f=135&t=1917

Quote:
If any of my real-time posted trades are via key concepts discussed in the WRB Analysis free study guide or the Fading Volatility Breakout (FVB) free trade signal strategy...I will discuss the reasons (trade strategy) behind those trades if/when a user of ##TheStrategyLab chat room ask questions about the trades. In contrast, real-time posted trades that are via the Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 4 - 12 or the Volatility Trading Report (VTR) trade signal strategies...I discuss the reasons (trade strategy) behind those trades with fee-base clients in a different private chat room that's designated only for fee-base clients or discuss the strategies with fee-base clients on my Skype contact list.

Also, posted below are direct links to information about my price action trade methodology and trading plan (there's a difference between the two) that enables me to identify key trading areas in the price action that represent changes in supply/demand and volatility along with being able to exploit these changes via WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis). I'm primarily a day trader because it suits my personal lifestyle but I do occasionally swing trade and position trade. Simply, my trade method is applicable for position trading, swing trading and day trading.

Image ##TheStrategyLab Chat Room is free. Members and I use the chat room to post WRB Analysis commentary, real-time trades and to post anything else related to trading. The chat room helps me tremendously in my own trading because I use it to document (journal) general volatility analysis involving WRB Analysis so that I can easily review at a later date my thoughts as I interacted with the markets...info I can not get from my broker statements. Also, this is not a signal calling chat room where a head trader tells you when to buy or sell and I do not have the time/energy/resources to manage a signal calling chat room. Access instructions for chat room @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164

Image Price Action Analysis via WRB Analysis Tutorials @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/WRBAnalysisTutorials.htm and there's a free study guide of the WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1, 2 and 3 @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=718

Image Trade Signal Strategies via Volatility Trading Report (VTR) @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/VolatilityTrading.htm and there's a free trade signal strategy @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=89 so that you can freely test drive one of our price action trade strategies with support (answering your questions) prior to purchasing the Volatility Trading Report (VTR).

Image Trading Plan Daily Routine @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=248&t=2530

-----------------------------

Market Context Summaries

The below summaries by Bloomberg, CNNMoney, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance helps me to do a quick review of the fundamentals, FED/ECB/BOE/IMF actions or any important global economic events (e.g. Eurozone, MarketWatch.com) that had an impact on today's price action in many trading instruments I monitor during the trading day. Simply, I'm a strong believer that key market events causes key changes in supply/demand and volatility resulting in trade opportunities (swing points and strong continuation price actions) that reach profit targets. Thus, I pay attention to these key market events, intermarket analysis (e.g. Forex EurUsd, EuroFX 6E futures, Gold GC futures, Light Crude Oil (WTI) CL & Brent Oil futures, Eurex DAX futures, Euronext FTSE100 futures, Emini ES futures, Emini TF futures, Treasury ZB futures and U.S. Dollar Index futures) while using WRB Analysis from one trade to the next trade to give me the market context for price action trading before the appearance of my technical analysis trade signals. Therefore, I maintain these archives to allow me to understand what was happening on any given trading day in the past involving key market events to help better understand my trade decisions (day trading, swing trading, position trading)...something I can not get from my broker statements alone. Further, most financial websites remove (delete) their archives after a few years to make room for new content. Therefore, I maintain my own archives of the news content so that I have it available for me when financial websites no longer archives their content.

Attachment:
102314-Key-Price-Action-Markets.png
102314-Key-Price-Action-Markets.png [ 1.47 MiB | Viewed 311 times ]

click on the above image to view today's price action of key markets

U.S. Stocks Rise With Dollar, Bonds Drop on Growth Bets

By Lu Wang and Jeremy Herron Oct 23, 2014 4:06 PM ET

U.S. stocks surged, the dollar rose and Treasuries fell amid better-than-forecast corporate earnings and data signaling stronger economies from China to Europe. Copper and oil advanced.

The Standard & Poor’s 500 Index (SPX) increased 1.2 percent at 4 p.m. in New York, bringing its rally from an Oct. 15 low to 4.7 percent. The Dow Jones Industrial Average (INDU) rallied 1.3 percent to erase its loss for 2014 as Caterpillar Inc. jumped 5 percent after earnings beat analysts’ projections. Ten-year Treasury yields rose six basis points to 2.27 percent. Japan’s currency slid against the dollar for a sixth day. Copper climbed 0.7 percent. Crude rebounded from a two-year low after a person with knowledge of Saudi Arabia’s oil policy said the kingdom cut supply in September.

Fewer Americans filed applications for unemployment benefits over the past month than at any time in 14 years, while the September index of leading economic indicators rose 0.8 percent. Earnings from Caterpillar to 3M Co. surpassed analysts’ estimates. Separate data showed manufacturing in the euro area unexpectedly revived in October while a gauge of Chinese factory activity rose, exceeding analysts’ estimates.

“We’re seeing some peace here in earnings and better macro data, which is helping to fuel investor confidence,” Alan Gayle, who helps oversee $45 billion as director of asset allocation for RidgeWorth Investments in Atlanta, said by phone. “A lot of people have been worried about a slowdown in the EU, so any good news is welcomed by investors.”

The S&P 500 fell 0.7 percent yesterday, snapping a four-day winning streak spurred in part by encouraging earnings. The gauge has rebounded about 7 percent since sinking nearly 10 percent on an intraday basis from its Sept. 18 record.

Benchmark equity indexes pared gains after a New York health-care worker was taken to Bellevue Hospital Center to be tested for a possible case of Ebola.

Paramedics brought the patient in with a fever and gastric distress, according to a city news release today. The person returned from an Ebola-stricken country within the past three weeks, according to the statement from Health Commissioner Mary Bassett. Results of the test are expected in 12 hours.

The Russell 2000 Index of small companies surged 1.7 percent, while the Nasdaq Composite Index added 1.6 percent to a two-week high.

The yield on benchmark 10-year notes reached the highest level in a week, as the global data eased concern that slowing growth may hinder the U.S. economy. The Federal Reserve meets next week amid speculation it will end its bond-purchase stimulus program.

Dollar Rally

The dollar extended its rally against the yen to six days, the longest since August, rising 1 percent to 108.17 yen. The euro was little changed at $1.2651. The shared currency advanced 1 percent to 136.84 yen.

Amazon.com Inc. (AMZN) and Microsoft Corp. are among the 45 S&P 500 members reporting earnings today. Amazon shares sank 6.7 percent in late trading after it posted a wider-than-estimated loss. Microsoft added 1.7 percent following its report.

About 80 percent of those companies that have released results this season beat earnings projections, while 61 percent surpassed revenue estimates. Profit for index members rose 5.9 percent in the third quarter and sales increased 4 percent, analysts predicted.

Seven of the 10 main groups in the S&P 500 advanced today, with Caterpillar pacing a 2.2 percent rally among industrial stocks. Tractor Supply Co. surged 16 percent after earnings topped estimates.

Energy stocks advanced 1.8 percent for the sixth gain in seven days. Chevron Corp. jumped 1.9 percent.

3M, AT&T

3M jumped 4.4 percent, the most in nearly three years, after the maker of Post-it notes and Scotch tape boosted sales in all of its businesses. AT&T Inc., the second-largest U.S. wireless carrier, sank 2.4 percent after it missed profit estimates and cut its sales forecast.

“The fundamental focus is on earnings,” Leo Grohowski, chief investment officer at New York-based BNY Mellon Wealth Management, which oversees about $187 billion, said in a phone interview. “Caterpillar earnings are giving the market a boost. The bigger picture fear of global growth slowdown is going to remain with us. That’s going to prevent any meaningful market appreciation. Investors should be prepared for a choppy ride.”

Volatility Decline

The Chicago Board Options Exchange Volatility Index (VIX) dropped 7.6 percent to 16.52. The gauge known as the VIX rallied 11 percent yesterday after plunging 39 percent in the previous four days.

European equities added 0.7 percent for a third day of gains. The Markit Economics purchasing managers index for euro-area manufacturing rose to 50.7 in October from 50.3. Economists surveyed by Bloomberg News predicted a drop to 49.9. A reading below 50 indicates contraction. A similar measure for Germany showed manufacturing in the region’s largest economy rebounded from last month’s contraction.

European stocks have led a rout that erased as much as $5.5 trillion from the value of shares worldwide amid speculation that the European Central Bank’s stimulus measures will not be enough to spur growth. Investors are analyzing economic data to gauge the health of the economy after the International Monetary Fund said this month that the euro region risks falling back into recession.

Europe Movers

Among stocks moving today, Unilever (UNA) Plc, a maker of laundry detergents, declined 3.7 percent after reporting the slowest revenue growth in five years. Tiremaker Michelin & Cie. lost 4.9 percent after cut its volume growth forecast. Tesco Plc tumbled 6.6 percent after the U.K.’s biggest supermarket company said accounting irregularities will impact profit.

The MSCI Emerging Markets Index lost 0.6 percent, falling for the first time in five days as Brazil’s Ibovespa erased 2014 gains before weekend elections.

Copper futures for December delivery added 0.7 percent to settle at $3.04 a pound on the Comex in New York. China is the biggest buyer of industrial metals, and Germany is the third-largest.

Brent gained the most in four months and West Texas Intermediate rose from a two-year low after market supplies from Saudi Arabia, the world’s biggest crude exporter, were said to have dropped last month.

WTI for December delivery climbed to $81.35 a barrel in New York. Crude dropped $1.97 to $80.52 yesterday, the lowest close for a front-month contract since June 28, 2012.

Gold for December delivery declined 1.3 percent to settle at $1,229.10 an ounce in New York, the biggest drop for a most-active contract since Oct. 3. Earlier, the metal touched $1,226.30, the lowest since Oct. 15.

To contact the reporters on this story: Lu Wang in New York at lwang8@bloomberg.net; Jeremy Herron in New York at jherron8@bloomberg.net

To contact the editors responsible for this story: Stephen Kirkland at skirkland@bloomberg.net; Lynn Thomasson at lthomasson@bloomberg.net Jeremy Herron

Special thanks to Bloomberg, CNNMoney, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance for their market summaries. gm

Best Regards,
M.A. Perry
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
Image@ http://twitter.com/wrbtrader Image@ http://stocktwits.com/wrbtrader

http://www.thestrategylab.com
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
Skype Messenger: kebec2002
questions@thestrategylab.com
Go Back To TheStrategyLab.com Homepage