TheStrategyLab.com Price Action Trading Support Forum

Forum for price action traders that want to learn WRB Analysis basic tutorial chapters 1, 2 and 3 prior to purchasing our advance trade methods. Hashtags: #wrbanalysis #wrbzone #wrbhiddengap #priceaction #trading
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: October 20th Monday Trade Results - Loss $1050.00
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:31 pm 
Site Admin

Trade Results of M.A. Perry
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
Price Action Trading (no technical indicators)
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
Free Chat Room: http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164
Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
questions@thestrategylab.com (24/7)
http://twitter.com/wrbtrader (24/7)

Attachment:
102014-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-PnL-Blotter-Loss-1050.00.png
102014-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-PnL-Blotter-Loss-1050.00.png [ 47.21 KiB | Viewed 328 times ]

click on the above image to view today's performance verification

Price Action Trade Performance for Today: Emini TF ($TF_F) futures @ ($1,050.00) dollars or -10.50 points, Emini ES ($ES_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Light Crude Oil CL ($CL_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Gold GC ($GC_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points and EuroFX 6E ($6E_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.0000 ticks. Total Loss @ ($1,050.00) dollars

Russell 2000 Emini TF Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ The ICE
S&P 500 Emini ES Futures: 1 tick or 0.25 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Light Crude Oil CL (WTI) Futures: 1 tick or 0.01 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Gold GC Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
EuroFX 6E Futures: 1 tick or 0.0001 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup

Trade Log: All of my trades were posted real-time in the timestamp ##TheStrategyLab chat room. You can read today's price action trading information about my trades (e.g. time, price entry, contract size, price exit) as the trade traversed to its completion. Also, sometimes I'll post real-time trading tips involving WRBs, WRB Hidden GAPs, Key Market Events (KME), Tutorial Chapters 2 & 3, WRB Zones, Reaction Highs/Lows, Contracting Volatility or Expanding Volatility. Its all archived @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/ftchat/forum/viewtopic.php?f=135&t=1914

Quote:
If any of my real-time posted trades are via key concepts discussed in the WRB Analysis free study guide or the Fading Volatility Breakout (FVB) free trade signal strategy...I will discuss the reasons (trade strategy) behind those trades if/when a user of ##TheStrategyLab chat room ask questions about the trades. In contrast, real-time posted trades that are via the Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 4 - 12 or the Volatility Trading Report (VTR) trade signal strategies...I discuss the reasons (trade strategy) behind those trades with fee-base clients in a different private chat room that's designated only for fee-base clients or discuss the strategies with fee-base clients on my Skype contact list.

Also, posted below are direct links to information about my price action trade methodology and trading plan (there's a difference between the two) that enables me to identify key trading areas in the price action that represent changes in supply/demand and volatility along with being able to exploit these changes via WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis). I'm primarily a day trader because it suits my personal lifestyle but I do occasionally swing trade and position trade. Simply, my trade method is applicable for position trading, swing trading and day trading.

Image ##TheStrategyLab Chat Room is free. Members and I use the chat room to post WRB Analysis commentary, real-time trades and to post anything else related to trading. The chat room helps me tremendously in my own trading because I use it to document (journal) general volatility analysis involving WRB Analysis so that I can easily review at a later date my thoughts as I interacted with the markets...info I can not get from my broker statements. Also, this is not a signal calling chat room where a head trader tells you when to buy or sell and I do not have the time/energy/resources to manage a signal calling chat room. Access instructions for chat room @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164

Image Price Action Analysis via WRB Analysis Tutorials @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/WRBAnalysisTutorials.htm and there's a free study guide of the WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1, 2 and 3 @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=718

Image Trade Signal Strategies via Volatility Trading Report (VTR) @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/VolatilityTrading.htm and there's a free trade signal strategy @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=89 so that you can freely test drive one of our price action trade strategies with support (answering your questions) prior to purchasing the Volatility Trading Report (VTR).

Image Trading Plan Daily Routine @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=248&t=2530

-----------------------------

Market Context Summaries

The below summaries by Bloomberg, CNNMoney, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance helps me to do a quick review of the fundamentals, FED/ECB/BOE/IMF actions or any important global economic events (e.g. Eurozone, MarketWatch.com) that had an impact on today's price action in many trading instruments I monitor during the trading day. Simply, I'm a strong believer that key market events causes key changes in supply/demand and volatility resulting in trade opportunities (swing points and strong continuation price actions) that reach profit targets. Thus, I pay attention to these key market events, intermarket analysis (e.g. Forex EurUsd, EuroFX 6E futures, Gold GC futures, Light Crude Oil (WTI) CL & Brent Oil futures, Eurex DAX futures, Euronext FTSE100 futures, Emini ES futures, Emini TF futures, Treasury ZB futures and U.S. Dollar Index futures) while using WRB Analysis from one trade to the next trade to give me the market context for price action trading before the appearance of my technical analysis trade signals. Therefore, I maintain these archives to allow me to understand what was happening on any given trading day in the past involving key market events to help better understand my trade decisions (day trading, swing trading, position trading)...something I can not get from my broker statements alone. Further, most financial websites remove (delete) their archives after a few years to make room for new content. Therefore, I maintain my own archives of the news content so that I have it available for me when financial websites no longer archives their content.

Attachment:
102014-Key-Price-Action-Markets.png
102014-Key-Price-Action-Markets.png [ 1.47 MiB | Viewed 313 times ]

click on the above image to view today's price action of key markets

4:10 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] Equity indices finished the first session of the week near their highs with the Nasdaq Composite (+1.4%) leading the way. The S&P 500 (+0.9%) settled a bit behind the tech-heavy index while the Dow Jones Industrial Average (+0.1%) struggled to turn positive.

The price-weighted Dow spent the bulk of the session in the red as IBM (IBM 169.10, -12.95) weighed. The stock fell 7.1% and surrendered its standing as the second-largest Dow component after reporting disappointing results that featured revenue declines across all key segments and all geographic regions in which the company operates.

Despite IBM's miss, the technology sector kept pace with the broader market, thanks in part to the relative strength of Apple (AAPL 99.76, +2.09). The top-weighted sector component jumped 2.1% ahead of its earnings report. Similarly, chipmakers also contributed to the advance with the PHLX Semiconductor Index climbing 1.5%.

The outperformance of microchip manufacturers gave a boost to the Nasdaq Composite, which also benefited from strength in the biotech space. The iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 269.57, +4.20) spiked 1.6% while the health care sector (+1.2%) finished among the outperformers. Similarly, two other countercyclical sectors-consumer staples (+1.4%) and utilities (+1.4%)-displayed relative strength, while the telecom services space (+0.8%) ended a bit behind the S&P 500.

Also of note, the energy sector (+0.8%) was able to settle in the green even as crude oil slipped 0.1% to $81.97/bbl. Halliburton (HAL 52.92, +0.32) underpinned the sector, climbing 0.6%, in reaction to better than expected earnings and revenue.

Elsewhere, industrials (+0.3%) registered a slim gain, but the sector was weighed down by defense contractors with the PHLX Defense Index shedding 0.1%. Meanwhile, transport stocks fared well with the Dow Jones Transportation Average rising 1.0%. Airlines led the way with United Continental (UAL 47.29, +2.61) spiking 5.8%.

Treasuries registered modest gains with the 10-yr yield slipping one basis point to 2.18%.

Today's participation was largely in-line with average as 723 million shares changed hands at the NYSE floor.

Investors did not receive any economic news today and tomorrow's data will be limited to the Existing Home Sales report for September (Briefing.com consensus 5.11 million), which will be released at 10:00 ET.

Nasdaq Composite +3.3% YTD
S&P 500 +3.0% YTD
Dow Jones Industrial Average -1.1% YTD
Russell 2000 -5.8% YTD

3:35 pm: [BRIEFING.COM]

Gold futures climbed higher in early overnight trading and slowly inched higher/consolidated during today's session
Dec gold ended $0.5% higher at $1244/60/oz, Dec silver rose 2 cents to $17.36/oz
Copper, on the other hand, was in the red today, finishing 0.5% lower at $2.988/lb
Oil prices were in the red all day, but recovered to end 9 cents lower at $81.97/barrel
Nat gas was in the red all day and ended 2.5% lower at $3.67/MMBtu

2:55 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] The S&P 500 trades higher by 0.7% with one hour remaining in the first session of the week. The benchmark index began the trading day right below its flat line, but was able to follow the lower open with a session-long rally. Meanwhile, the Dow (-0.1%) has been unable to make a sustained move into the green as IBM (IBM 168.52, -13.52) continues to weigh.

With the market heading into the home stretch, advancing issues at the NYSE continue outpacing decliners by a 2.1:1 ratio.

Investors did not receive any economic data today and tomorrow's economic news will be limited to the Existing Home Sales report, which will be released at 10:00 ET (Briefing.com consensus 5.11 million).

2:30 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] Afternoon action continues with the S&P 500 extending its advance to 0.7%. Meanwhile, the Dow Jones Industrial Average has approached its flat line.

Following today's closing bell, investors will receive about 26 quarterly reports with Apple (AAPL 99.33, +1.66) headlining the list. Apple notwithstanding, investors will also hear from Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG 649.73, +8.01) and Texas Instruments (TXN 44.39, +0.72).

Tomorrow morning, participants will turn their focus to the likes of Coca-Cola (KO 43.24, +0.35), McDonald's (MCD 91.16, +0.12), and Verizon (VZ 48.20, +0.13).

2:00 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] Equity indices remain on their highs with the S&P 500 (+0.6%) on track to register its third gain in a row. Despite the recent strength, the benchmark index remains about nine points away from its 200-day moving average (1906). Similarly, the Nasdaq Composite (+0.8%) is also enjoying its third consecutive advance. The tech-heavy index sits about four points below its 200-day average (4302).

Elsewhere, Treasuries have inched back into the green, but the 10-yr note (+3/32) remains inside a narrow range with its yield down one basis point at 2.19%.

With stocks on their highs, the CBOE Volatility Index (VIX 19.59, -2.40) sits near its session low.

1:25 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] It has been another good day for the stock market so far. Don't let the standing of the Dow Jones Industrial Average fool you. The losses there are all IBM (IBM 168.74, -13.31), which has been understandably knocked sharply lower after its disappointing third quarter earnings report, which featured revenue declines across all key segments and all geographic regions in which it operates.

The S&P 500 and Russell 2000 tell the more meaningful tale as their gains show a willingness today by market participants to look through IBM's disappointment as more of a company-specific issue than anything else.

Subsequent earnings reports throughout the week could change that thinking, yet with Apple (AAPL 99.15, +1.48) on tap after the close today, expectations are running high that IBM's difficulties on the enterprise side of things are going to be drowned out by Apple's strength on the consumer side of things. If that isn't the case, then things could get pretty dicey for stocks on Tuesday.

IBM is commanding a lot of headline attention today, yet the fact of the matter is that 20 of the Dow's 30 components are sporting a gain at this juncture.

12:55 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] The major averages hover on their highs at midday with the Nasdaq Composite (+0.8%) in the lead. For its part, the S&P 500 trades higher by 0.5% while the Dow Jones Industrial Average (-0.3%) has yet to turn positive.

The price-weighted Dow has lagged since the opening bell with IBM (168.42, -13.63) responsible for the bulk of the weakness. Shares of Big Blue have plunged 7.5% in reaction to disappointing earnings and revenue, which has caused the stock to drop below Goldman Sachs (GS 177.31, +0.40) in the Dow's weightings.

Interestingly, IBM's loss has been masked by the relative strength among other large cap technology (+0.4%) names. Facebook (FB 76.63, +0.68) and Google (GOOGL 527.89, +4.92) are both up near 1.0%, while Apple (AAPL 99.12, +1.45) has added 1.5% ahead of this evening's quarterly report. Chipmakers have also enjoyed a broad rally with the PHLX Semiconductor Index higher by 1.0%.

Similar to chipmakers, the high-beta biotech group has shown strength, which has resulted in relative strength for the Nasdaq Composite. The iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 267.77, +2.40) trades up 0.9% while the health care sector trades in-line with the S&P 500.

Elsewhere among heavily-weighted sectors, financials (+0.2%) lag, while energy (+0.5%) outperforms with a modest boost from Halliburton's (HAL 52.94, +0.34) better than expected earnings. As for crude oil, the energy component traded higher in overnight action, but slumped in the morning. Crude is currently lower by 0.4% at $82.04/bbl.

On the downside, the industrial sector (-0.3%) is the lone decliner amid weakness in defense contractors. The PHLX Defense Index trades lower by 0.6% with all but three components in the red.

Treasuries are little changed after surrendering their morning gains. The 10-yr yield is pegged at 2.19%.

12:25 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] The S&P 500 (+0.5%) has inched to a fresh session high with countercyclical consumer staples (+1.0%) and utilities (+1.2%) providing leadership. Meanwhile, the remaining defensively-oriented sectors display slimmer gains with telecom services up 0.2% and the health care sector trading in-line with the S&P 500.

Today's leading sector-utilities-has been a bright spot so far in October with today's gain extending its month-to-date advance to 3.2%. Fittingly, the utilities sector is the second best group of the month with an October loss of 0.1 versus a 3.9% decline for the S&P 500.

11:55 am: [BRIEFING.COM] Equity indices remain near their highs, but the Dow (-0.2%) has yet to find its way into the green. The price-weighted index lags amid continued weakness in IBM (IBM 169.90, -12.15), which is now the third-largest index component.

IBM ended last week as the second-largest Dow component, only trailing Visa (V 206.93, +0.93), but today's loss has placed the tech stock behind Goldman Sachs (GS 177.69, +0.78). However, outside of IBM, only two other index members hold losses in excess of 1.0%. Cisco Systems (CSCO 22.89, -0.36) and Caterpillar (CAT 93.39, -1.66) are both down near 1.6% while the remaining six decliners hold losses between 0.1% and 0.8%.

On the upside, Disney (DIS 85.00, +1.17) leads with a gain of 1.4%, while Home Depot (HD 91.39, +1.15), Nike (NKE 88.30, +1.12), and Wal-Mart (WMT 74.91, +0.81) also trade higher by 1.0% or more.

11:25 am: [BRIEFING.COM] Recent action saw the S&P 500 (+0.5%) inch back to its session high that was established with the last hour.

A handful of sectors traded in the red at the start of today's session, but just about every group finds itself in the green at this juncture. The industrial sector is the weakest performer of the day, but the cyclical group hovers right near its flat line. Defense stocks have contributed to the underperformance while transports have rallied along with the market. The PHLX Defense Index is lower by 0.4% while the Dow Jones Transportation Average has added 0.3%.

With the market testing the highs, participants have reduced their hedges, sending the CBOE Volatility Index (VIX 19.86, -2.11) below the 20.00% mark.

10:55 am: [BRIEFING.COM] The major averages hover near their best levels of the session with the S&P 500 higher by 0.3% while the Russell 2000 (+0.8%) outperforms. With the small-cap index leading the way, other high-beta areas like biotechnology and chipmakers have shown some relative strength as well.

The iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 267.27, +1.90) is higher by 0.7% while the health care sector (+0.3%) trades just ahead of the broader market. Elsewhere, the PHLX Semiconductor Index is higher by 0.6%, which has helped pull the technology sector (+0.2%) out of the red.

Elsewhere, Treasuries have surrendered all of their gains with the 10-yr yield returning to unchanged for the session (2.19%).

10:35 am: [BRIEFING.COM]

Commodities are mostly lower today, while the dollar index is +0.04% at 85.15
Energy futures are all lower, ag futures are almost all lower, while metals are mostly higher
Oil prices sold off in recent activity and hit new session lows.
Both WTI and Brent crude are just above those session lows currently.
Dec WTI crude is -1.1% at $81.19/barrel, while Brent is -1.6% at $84.77/barrel
Natural gas is the worst performer in the energy space so far and are currently
Dec gold is +0.5% at $1245.30/oz, Dec silver +0.7% at $17.45/oz
Copper prices are in the red, now showing a loss of 0.8% at $2.98/lb

9:55 am: [BRIEFING.COM] The Nasdaq (+0.2%) and S&P 500 (+0.1%) continue holding modest gains while the Dow Jones Industrial Average (-0.6%) remains in the red with roughly half of its 30 components showing losses.

Even though eight of nine tech names in the Dow trade lower, the broader technology sector (-0.1%) hovers right below its flat line. The top-weighted tech component-Apple (AAPL 99.17, +1.50)-is higher by 1.5% ahead of its quarterly earnings report scheduled for this evening.

Elsewhere, the energy sector has returned to its flat line despite showing early strength.

Treasuries have extended their gains with the benchmark yield slipping to 2.16%.

9:45 am: [BRIEFING.COM] The major averages slumped out of the gate, but the S&P 500 (+0.2%) has been able to turn positive. The technology sector (-0.2%) has exerted early pressure with IBM (IBM 168.74, -13.31) and SAP (SAP 65.63, -3.36) trading lower by 7.4% and 4.9%, respectively.

Elsewhere among influential sectors, consumer discretionary (+0.7%) and energy (+0.8%) display early strength while financials (unch), and industrials (-0.1%) underperform. Defense contractors have contributed to the weakness in the industrial space while transport stocks have held up well in the early going. The Dow Jones Transportation Average is higher by 0.3%.

Treasuries remain near their highs with the 10-yr yield down two basis points at 2.17%.

9:12 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: -4.10. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -5.00. The stock market is on track for a cautious open with the S&P 500 futures hovering four points below fair value. Meanwhile, futures on the Dow (-0.6%) underperform amid pre-market weakness in IBM (IBM 168.25, -13.80). The technology stock is indicated to open lower by 7.6% after missing earnings and revenue estimates.

Staying on the earnings front, the technology sector will also have to contend with an opening loss in SAP (SAP 66.26, -2.73) after the software company lowered its guidance.

Elsewhere, the energy sector is poised for a rebound from its recent underperformance with Halliburton (HAL 54.60, +2.00) holding a pre-market gain of 3.8% following upbeat results. For its part, crude oil is higher by 0.3% at $82.31/bbl.

Treasuries hover near their highs with the 10-yr yield down two basis points at 2.17%.

9:00 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: -1.40. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +1.00. The S&P 500 futures trade two points below fair value.

It was a sea of green across Asia as virtually all of the major averages gained. Japan's Nikkei outperformed amid speculation Government Pension Investment Fund will increase its exposure to domestic equities from about 12% to 25% as early as this month. In China, members of the Central Committee of the ruling Communist Party began their fourth plenum meetings.

Also of note, Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi's Bharatiya Janata party extended its reach in state elections and Indonesian President Joko Widodo was sworn into office.

Economic data was limited:
Japan's Leading Index rose to 104.4 from 104.0 (expected 104.0)
Hong Kong's Unemployment Rate held at 3.3% (expected 3.4%)
South Korea's PPI slipped 0.3% month-over-month (previous -0.1%) while the year-over-year reading fell 0.4% (consensus 0.3%; previous -0.2%)

------

Japan's Nikkei surged 4.0% off five-month lows. Mitsubishi Heavy Industries rallied 5.2% after unveiling its regional jet
Hong Kong's Hang Seng added 0.2%, but was unable to reclaim the 200-day moving average. Casino shares extended their recent run as Sands China and Galaxy Entertainment gained 0.9% and 1.1%, respectively.
China's Shanghai Composite rose 0.7%, advancing for the first time in three days. Bringspace Science & Technology and Wonder Information both surged the daily limit, 10%, after Beijing announced it would begin using computer systems developed by Chinese firms.
India's Sensex jumped 1.2%, finishing just shy of the 50-day moving average. Oil exporter ONGC rallied 5.5% after Prime Minister Modi's government eliminated diesel price caps and raised natural gas tariffs.

Major European indices trade lower across the board with Germany's DAX (-1.4%) leading the retreat. Germany's Der Spiegel reported the country's government has engaged in secret discussions with French counterparts on securing a budget deal that will receive the approval of the EU commission. The agreement is expected to map out French plans for deficit reduction.

In economic data:
Eurozone Current Account surplus narrowed to EUR18.90 billion from EUR21.60 billion (expected surplus of EUR21.30 billion)
Germany's PPI was unchanged month-over-month (expected 0.1%; previous -0.1%) while the year-over-year reading fell 1.0%, as expected
Italy's Industrial New Orders rose 1.5% month-over-month (consensus -1.0%; prior -1.5%)

------

Great Britain's FTSE is lower by 0.9% amid weakness in energy names. BG Group, Royal Dutch Shell, and Petrofac are down between 2.6% and 3.7%. Consumer names outperform with InterContinental Hotels, Tesco, and TUI Travel up between 1.9% and 2.5%.
In France, the CAC trades down 1.3% with Gemalto showing the largest loss. The stock has surrendered 6.3%. Consumer name Pernod Ricard outperforms with a gain of 0.7%.
Germany's DAX has given up 1.4%. SAP leads the decline with a loss of 4.1% after lowering its full-year outlook. Adidas has added 5.3% amid speculation the company's Reebok unit may be in demand.

8:31 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: -2.30. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -3.50. U.S. equity futures have climbed off their lows, but Dow futures (-0.4%) remain pressured by IBM's (IBM 168.61, -13.44) disappointing earnings. The third largest Dow component is on track to open lower by 7.4%. Elsewhere among tech names, SAP (SAP 66.38, -2.61) is on course for a lower open after its cautious guidance masked better than expected results.

Meanwhile, the energy sector should receive an early boost from Halliburton (HAL 54.30, +1.70), which holds a pre-market gain of 3.2% after beating earnings and revenue estimates.

7:58 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: -4.90. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -8.00. U.S. equity futures trade near their pre-market lows amid cautious action overseas. The S&P 500 futures hover five points below fair value while Dow futures (-0.5%) lag after IBM (IBM 169.13, -12.92) reported disappointing earnings.

On the commodity front, crude oil holds a modest gain of 0.4% at $83.04/bbl with little impact from changes in the dollar as the Dollar Index hovers on its flat line.

In U.S. corporate news of note:

IBM (169.13, -12.92): -7.1% after missing earnings and revenue estimates.
Halliburton (HAL 54.17, +1.57): +3.0% following its better than expected results.
Hasbro (HAS 53.75, -0.10): -0.2% after reporting a one-cent beat.
Philips Electronics (PHG 27.01, -1.06): -3.8% despite beating earnings estimates.
SAP (SAP 66.20, -2.79): -4.0% after its cautious full-year outlook overshadowed better than expected earnings.

Treasuries hover just above their flat lines with the 10-yr yield at 2.19%.

There is no economic data of note scheduled to be reported today.

Reviewing overnight developments:

Asian markets ended higher. Hong Kong's Hang Seng +0.2%, China's Shanghai Composite +0.7%, and Japan's Nikkei +4.0%.
Economic data was limited:
Japan's Leading Index rose to 104.4 from 104.0 (expected 104.0)
Hong Kong's Unemployment Rate held at 3.3% (expected 3.4%)
South Korea's PPI slipped 0.3% month-over-month (previous -0.1%) while the year-over-year reading fell 0.4% (consensus 0.3%; previous -0.2%)
In news:
Japan's Nikkei outperformed amid speculation Government Pension Investment Fund will increase its exposure to domestic equities from about 12% to 25% as early as this month.

Major European indices trade lower across the board. Great Britain's FTSE -1.0%, France's CAC -1.4%, and Germany's DAX -1.6%. Elsewhere, Italy's MIB -0.7% and Spain's IBEX -1.0%.
In economic data:
Eurozone Current Account surplus narrowed to EUR18.90 billion from EUR21.60 billion (expected surplus of EUR21.30 billion)
Germany's PPI was unchanged month-over-month (expected 0.1%; previous -0.1%) while the year-over-year reading fell 1.0%, as expected
Italy's Industrial New Orders rose 1.5% month-over-month (consensus -1.0%; prior -1.5%)
Among news of note:
Germany's Der Spiegel reported the country's government has engaged in secret discussions with French counterparts on securing a budget deal that will receive the approval of the EU commission. The agreement is expected to map out French plans for deficit reduction.

6:38 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +5.00. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +8.00.

6:38 am: [BRIEFING.COM] Nikkei...15,111.23...+578.70...+4.00%. Hang Seng...23,070.26...+47.10...+0.20%.

6:38 am: [BRIEFING.COM] FTSE...6,258.81...-51.50...-0.80%. DAX...8,751.57...-98.10...-1.10%.

Special thanks to Bloomberg, CNNMoney, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance for their market summaries. gm

Best Regards,
M.A. Perry
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
Image@ http://twitter.com/wrbtrader Image@ http://stocktwits.com/wrbtrader

http://www.thestrategylab.com
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
Skype Messenger: kebec2002
questions@thestrategylab.com
Go Back To TheStrategyLab.com Homepage