TheStrategyLab.com Price Action Trading Support Forum

Forum for price action traders that want to learn WRB Analysis basic tutorial chapters 1, 2 and 3 prior to purchasing our advance trade methods. Hashtags: #wrbanalysis #wrbzone #wrbhiddengap #priceaction #trading
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: August 11th Monday Trade Results - Profit $1260.00
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:57 pm 
Site Admin

Trade Results of M.A. Perry
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
Price Action Trading (no technical indicators)
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
Free Chat Room: http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164
Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
questions@thestrategylab.com (24/7)
http://twitter.com/wrbtrader (24/7)

Attachment:
081114-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-PnL-Blotter-Profit+1260.00.png
081114-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-PnL-Blotter-Profit+1260.00.png [ 176.54 KiB | Viewed 301 times ]

click on the above image to view today's performance verification

Price Action Trade Performance for Today: Emini TF ($TF_F) futures @ $1,260.00 dollars or +12.60 points, Emini ES ($ES_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Light Crude Oil CL ($CL_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Gold GC ($GC_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points and EuroFX 6E ($6E_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.0000 ticks. Total Profit @ $1,260.00 dollars

Russell 2000 Emini TF Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ The ICE
S&P 500 Emini ES Futures: 1 tick or 0.25 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Light Crude Oil CL (WTI) Futures: 1 tick or 0.01 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Gold GC Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
EuroFX 6E Futures: 1 tick or 0.0001 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup

In addition, all of my trades were posted real-time in the timestamp ##TheStrategyLab chat room. You can read today's price action trading information about my trades (e.g. time, price entry, contract size, price exit) as the trade traversed to its completion. Also, sometimes I'll post real-time trading tips involving WRBs, WRB Hidden GAPs, Key Market Events (KME), Tutorial Chapters 2 & 3, WRB Zones, Reaction Highs/Lows, Contracting Volatility or Expanding Volatility. Its all archived @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/ftchat/forum/viewtopic.php?f=133&t=1860

Quote:
If any of my real-time posted trades are via key concepts discussed in the WRB Analysis free study guide or the Fading Volatility Breakout (FVB) free trade signal strategy...I will discuss the reasons (trade strategy) behind those trades if/when a user of ##TheStrategyLab chat room ask questions about the trades. In contrast, real-time posted trades that are via the Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 4 - 12 or the Volatility Trading Report (VTR) trade signal strategies...I discuss the reasons (trade strategy) behind those trades with fee-base clients in a different private chat room that's designated only for fee-base clients or discuss the strategies with fee-base clients on my Skype contact list.

Also, posted below are direct links to information about my price action trade methodology and trading plan (there's a difference between the two) that enables me to identify key trading areas in the price action that represent changes in supply/demand and volatility along with being able to exploit these changes via WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis). I'm primarily a day trader because it suits my personal lifestyle but I do occasionally swing trade and position trade. Simply, my trade method is applicable for position trading, swing trading and day trading.

Image ##TheStrategyLab Chat Room is free. Members and I use the chat room to post WRB Analysis commentary, real-time trades and to post anything else related to trading. The chat room helps me tremendously in my own trading because I use it to document (journal) general volatility analysis involving WRB Analysis so that I can easily review at a later date my thoughts as I interacted with the markets...info I can not get from my broker statements. Also, this is not a signal calling chat room where a head trader tells you when to buy or sell and I do not have the time/energy/resources to manage a signal calling chat room. Access instructions for chat room @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164

Image Price Action Analysis via WRB Analysis Tutorials @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/WRBAnalysisTutorials.htm and there's a free study guide of the WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1, 2 and 3 @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=718

Image Trade Signal Strategies via Volatility Trading Report (VTR) @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/VolatilityTrading.htm and there's a free trade signal strategy @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=89 so that you can freely test drive one of our price action trade strategies with support (answering your questions) prior to purchasing the Volatility Trading Report (VTR).

Image Trading Plan Daily Routine @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=244&t=2455

-----------------------------

Market Context Summaries

The below summaries by Bloomberg, CNNMoney, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance helps me to do a quick review of the fundamentals, FED/ECB/BOE/IMF actions or any important global economic events (e.g. Eurozone, MarketWatch.com) that had an impact on today's price action in many trading instruments I monitor during the trading day. Simply, I'm a strong believer that key market events causes key changes in supply/demand and volatility resulting in trade opportunities (swing points and strong continuation price actions) that reach profit targets. Thus, I pay attention to these key market events, intermarket analysis (e.g. Forex EurUsd, EuroFX 6E futures, Gold GC futures, Light Crude Oil (WTI) CL & Brent Oil futures, Eurex DAX futures, Euronext FTSE100 futures, Emini ES futures, Emini TF futures, Treasury ZB futures and U.S. Dollar Index futures) while using WRB Analysis from one trade to the next trade to give me the market context for price action trading before the appearance of my technical analysis trade signals. Therefore, I maintain these archives to allow me to understand what was happening on any given trading day in the past involving key market events to help better understand my trade decisions (day trading, swing trading, position trading)...something I can not get from my broker statements alone. Further, most financial websites remove (delete) their archives after a few years to make room for new content. Therefore, I maintain my own archives of the news content so that I have it available for me when financial websites no longer archives their content.

Attachment:
081114-Key-Price-Action-Markets.png
081114-Key-Price-Action-Markets.png [ 1.06 MiB | Viewed 301 times ]

click on the above image to view today's price action of key markets

4:10 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] The major averages began the new week on a modestly higher note. The S&P 500 settled higher by 0.3% with seven sectors registering gains, while the Russell 2000 (+1.0%) and Nasdaq Composite (+0.7%) outperformed. For its part, the Dow Jones Industrial Average (+0.1%) was limited to a slim gain as blue chip listings had a tough time keeping pace.

Equity indices climbed from the opening bell with the early advance supported by upbeat action overseas. Furthermore, a slight improvement on the geopolitical scene was also cited for the improved sentiment. Specifically, a ceasefire was agreed upon in Gaza on Sunday, while pro-Russian separatists in east Ukraine also asked for a pause in fighting.

The crisis in Ukraine was in the headlines during the day as conflicting reports about a potential humanitarian mission swirled about. The early reports suggested Ukraine's government agreed to allow a Red Cross-led operation with participation from Russia, Germany, and the United States, but subsequent headlines indicated Kiev never gave permission for Russian involvement.

Despite the advance, today's session lacked clear sector leadership as the consumer staples sector (+0.8%) ended in the lead, while other countercyclical groups underperformed. Meanwhile on the cyclical side, consumer discretionary (+0.4%) and technology (+0.6%) outperformed, while energy (-0.2%) and financials (+0.2%) lagged throughout the session.

Today's leading sector-consumer staples-drew strength from the shares of Sysco (SYY 37.44, +1.17), which rallied 3.2% in reaction to in-line earnings. Peer Dean Foods (DF 15.20, -0.61) was not as fortunate, falling 3.9% in reaction to a bottom-line miss and cautious guidance for the third quarter. In addition, the company withdrew its full-year guidance due to a volatile dairy commodity environment.

Elsewhere among countercyclical sectors, the utilities space (-0.4%) widened its third-quarter loss to 7.0%, while health care (unch) lagged throughout the session.

The health care sector ended on its session low, while the high-beta biotech group ended a bit below its early high. The iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 253.21, +1.72) gained 0.7% after being up 1.3% during the first two hours of action. Despite the afternoon slip, the biotech group still ended ahead of the S&P 500 and contributed to the outperformance of the Nasdaq.

The tech-heavy index also received noteworthy support from its top component-Apple (AAPL 95.99, +1.25)-and chipmakers. Apple added 1.3%, while the PHLX Semiconductor Index rose 1.0% with all but two components posting gains. Micron (MU 30.74, +0.70) led the way, climbing 2.3%.

Treasuries alternated between gains and losses before ending little changed. The benchmark 10-yr yield remained at 2.42%.

Participation was well below average with fewer than 585 million shares changing hands at the NYSE.

Tomorrow, the June Job Openings and Labor Turnover Survey will be released at 10:00 ET, while the Treasury Budget for July will cross the wires at 14:00 ET (Briefing.com consensus -$96.00 billion).

S&P 500 +4.8% YTD
Nasdaq Composite +5.4% YTD
Dow Jones Industrial Average UNCH YTD
Russell 2000 -1.8% YTD

3:35 pm: [BRIEFING.COM]

Dec gold traded lower today as geopolitical tensions eased over the weekend. Reports indicated that pro-Russian separatists in east Ukraine asked for a pause in fighting. In addition, a ceasefire was agreed upon in Gaza on Sunday. Despite dipping to a session low of $1306.90 per ounce in morning action, the yellow metal inched higher as it headed into the close. It erased most of its earlier losses and settled at $1310.60 per ounce, just 40 cents below the unchanged line.
Sep silver chopped around slightly above the break-even level for most of today's floor trade. It touched a session low of $19.93 per ounce in early morning action but pushed higher in the last half hour of the session. It settled 0.7% higher at $20.08 per ounce, just below its session high of $20.11 per ounce.
Sep crude oil traded in positive territory after coming off its session low of $97.46 per barrel in early morning action. It brushed a session high of $98.58 per barrel and eventually settled with a 0.5% gain at $98.08 per barrel.
Sep natural gas pulled back from its session high of $4.00 per MMBtu and dipped as low as $3.92 per MMBtu in morning floor trade. It managed to recover back above the unchanged line in afternoon action and settled with a 0.3% gain at $3.97 per MMBtu.

2:55 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] The S&P 500 trades higher by 0.4% with one hour remaining in the first session of the week. Investors received a modest dose of quarterly reports this morning with another batch waiting after the closing bell rings.

Investors will receive roughly 50 earnings reports this evening with the likes of Caesars Entertainment (CZR 13.55, +0.19), Nuance Communications (NUAN 18.08, +0.17), and Rackspace (RAX 31.05, +0.68) headlining the list.

Tomorrow morning, Valspar (VAL 77.72, +0.52) and 19 others will report their results ahead of the opening bell.

2:30 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] The S&P 500 has narrowed its gain to 0.3%, while the Dow Jones Industrial Average (+0.2%) has also notched an afternoon low.

In our midday update, we mentioned that a handful of influential sectors like financials (+0.1%), energy (-0.1%), and health care (unch) were struggling to keep pace with the broader market, and their continued underperformance has fueled the recent downtick from afternoon highs.

For the time being, participants have not shown too much concern over the retreat from highs as the CBOE Volatility Index (VIX 14.23, -1.54) hovers in the middle of today's range.

1:55 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] Afternoon action continues with the S&P 500 trading higher by 0.3%. The consumer staples sector remains in the lead and is the only group trading with a gain close to 1.0%.

Interestingly, the sector has been able to hold the lead despite a disappointing quarterly report from Dean Foods (DF 14.82, -0.99). Shares of DF trade lower by 6.3% in reaction to a bottom-line miss and cautious guidance for the third quarter. Furthermore, the company withdrew its full-year guidance due to a volatile dairy commodity environment.

Outside of consumer staples, the remaining three countercyclical sectors-health care (+0.1%), utilities (-0.3%), and telecom services (+0.3%)-trail the broader market.

1:30 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] The major averages have not gone anywhere since our midday update as the S&P 500 (+0.5%) sits within five points of its session high that was established around 11:30 ET.

However, the same cannot be said for Treasuries as the 10-yr note recently climbed to a fresh session high, lowering its yield to 2.41%. After ending last Friday at its lowest level since last June, the benchmark yield tried to rebound in earlier action, but has been unable stay out of the red.

1:00 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] The major averages trade higher across the board at midday with the Russell 2000 in the lead. The small-cap index (1.4%) has reclaimed its 200-day moving average, while the S&P 500 sports an advance of 0.6% with nine sectors showing gains.

Equity indices rallied out of the gate after the weekend did not bring unforeseen developments on the geopolitical front. On Sunday, a ceasefire was agreed upon in Gaza, while pro-Russian separatists in east Ukraine also asked for a pause in fighting. On that note, Ukraine's government has agreed to allow a Red Cross-led humanitarian mission into east Ukraine with United States and Germany providing support.

The S&P 500 registered the bulk of its advance during the initial two hours of action, and has hovered near its session high since then. Nine sectors display gains, but heavily-weighted groups like energy (+0.3%), financials (+0.4%), and health care (+0.3%) underperform.

Notably, the health care sector has lagged since the start despite strength in biotechnology. The iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 253.22, +1.73) trades higher by 0.7% after being up as much as 1.3% earlier.

Similar to biotechnology, other high-beta areas like homebuilders and chipmakers also display relative strength. The iShares Dow Jones US Home Construction ETF (ITB 22.89, +0.18) has added 0.8%, while the overall consumer discretionary sector (+0.7%) sits just ahead of the broader market.

Elsewhere, the PHLX Semiconductor Index (+1.4%) outperforms with 27 or its 30 components trading in the green.

On the downside, the utilities sector (-0.3%) is the lone decliner with today's slide widening its quarter-to-date loss to 6.8%.

Treasuries have been confined to narrow ranges and the benchmark 10-yr note currently holds a two-tick gain with its yield at 2.42%.

12:30 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] Recent action saw the major averages inch back from their highs, but they continue holding the bulk of their gains. The consumer staples sector (+1.0%) is the top performing group, while another countercyclical sector-utilities-is worst performer of the day. The rate-sensitive sector is down 0.2%, which has extended its quarterly decline to 6.8%.

On a separate note, recent reports indicate Ukraine's government has agreed to allow a Red Cross-led humanitarian mission into east Ukraine with United States and Germany providing support.

Treasuries have returned to their early highs, pressuring the 10-yr yield back down to 2.42%.

12:00 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] The S&P 500 (+0.6%) has spent the past 45 minutes near its best level of the session. The benchmark index began the trading day flat for the month, but now holds a modest gain. Meanwhile, the Russell 2000 has shown relative strength so far in August. The index is higher by 1.5% today and up 2.4% for the month.

Today's rally has placed the Russell back above its 200-day moving average (1145.24) for the first time since the end of July. The small-cap index settled just above that key level on July 30, but tumbled below the 200-day average at the start of the next session. Even though the index has shown relative strength over the past week or so, it remains lower by 4.1% during the third quarter versus a 0.9% decline for the S&P 500.

11:30 am: [BRIEFING.COM] The S&P 500 has extended its gain to 0.6%, while the Nasdaq Composite (+1.0%) outperforms.

The Nasdaq has been supported by high-growth areas like biotechnology and chipmakers, while top-weighted sector components are a bit more mixed. Apple (AAPL 95.98, +1.24) and Intel (INTC 33.09, +0.49) outperform with solid gains close to 1.3% apiece, while the likes of Google (GOOGL 579.20, +1.26), Microsoft (MSFT 43.26, +0.06), and Oracle (ORCL 40.00, +0.05) are little changed.

On the high-beta side, 28 of 30 components of the PHLX Semiconductor Index (+1.4%) sport gains and the iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 254.65, +3.16) trades up 1.3%. Interestingly, the health care sector (+0.5%) continues trailing the broader market despite the strength in biotechnology.

11:00 am: [BRIEFING.COM] The S&P 500 has extended its gain to 0.5%, while the Dow Jones Industrial Average (+0.3%) remains near its opening level.

The price-weighted Dow lags amid relative weakness in some heavily-weighted issues. The top-weighted index component-Visa (V 210.52, +0.06)-trades flat, while other large index members like ExxonMobil (XOM 99.06, +0.01), McDonald's (MCD 93.53, -0.02), and United Technologies (UTX 106.14, +0.18) also trail the broader market.

On the upside, Intel (INTC 33.05, +0.45) leads with a gain of 1.4%, which is a reflection of the continued strength among chipmakers. The PHLX Semiconductor Index is higher by 1.3%.

10:35 am: [BRIEFING.COM]

Commodities are mostly higher this morning
Energy is somewhat mixed/mostly higher after the rally in crude oil and sell-off in natural gas futures this morning
Heating oil and RBOB gasoline futures are both higher
Sept crude oil is now +0.7% at $98.32/barrel.
Sept natural gas futures are currently -0.7% at $3.94/MMBtu, sitting near its LoD.
Precious metals are mixed this morning with Dec gold -0.1% at $1309.20/oz and Sept silver +0.2% at $19.99/oz
Corn futures are +1.2% at $3.68/bu

10:00 am: [BRIEFING.COM] The major averages have padded their opening gains, but two influential sectors-financials and health care-continue showing relative weakness.

The financial sector is higher by 0.2% amid mixed performance in top-weighted components, while the health care sector (+0.1%) hovers just above its flat line. Similarly, biotechnology is little changed with the iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 251.78, +0.29) up 0.1%.

Elsewhere among high-beta names, chipmakers sport solid gains with the PHLX Semiconductor Index higher by 1.1%.

9:40 am: [BRIEFING.COM] As expected, the major averages climbed out of the gate. The S&P 500 trades higher by 0.4% with all ten sectors showing early gains, while the Russell 2000 (+0.5%) outperforms.

Five of six cyclical sectors opened the session in line with or ahead of the broader market with the industrial space (+0.6%) in the lead. The sector has received support from transport stocks as the Dow Jones Transportation Average trades up 0.9% with all 20 components showing gains.

On the flip side, financials (+0.2%) and health care (+0.2%) are bringing up the rear.

Treasuries have climbed to new highs and the 10-yr yield is now lower by one basis point at 2.42%.

9:14 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +6.80. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +10.70. The stock market is on pace for a sharply higher start as futures on the S&P 500 trade seven points above fair value. Index futures have been on the rise throughout the night following a ceasefire in Gaza and a request for a ceasefire from pro-Russian separatist in eastern Ukraine. However, despite the developments in Ukraine, NATO chief Anders Rasmussen recently reminded that Russia remains in position to invade its neighbor to the southwest.

In addition to the geopolitical developments, domestic investors have received a small batch of quarterly reports. Priceline.com (PCLN 1268.00, -13.56) reported a bottom-line beat, but disappointing guidance has put the stock on track to open lower by 1.1%. On the consumer staples side, Dean Foods (DF 14.40, -1.41) holds a pre-market loss of 8.9% in reaction to its below-consensus earnings and cautious guidance.

On a separate note, Kinder Morgan (KMI 43.10, +6.98) holds a pre-market gain of 19.3% after agreeing to acquire Kinder Morgan Energy Partners (KMP 101.70, +21.36), Kinder Morgan Management (KMR 103.19, +26.17), and El Paso Pipeline Partners (EPB 43.85, +10.25) and boosting its dividend to $2.00 per share.

Treasuries have recently reclaimed all of their losses and the benchmark 10-yr note is now flat with its yield at 2.42%.

8:57 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +6.30. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +10.50. The S&P 500 futures trade six points above fair value.

Asian markets began the week on an upbeat note following no new negative developments on the geopolitical front. According to Nikkei, Japan's Government Pension Investment Fund temporarily lifted its limit on equity holdings in order to increase purchases of domestic stocks.

In economic data:
China's CPI rose 0.1% month-over-month, while the year-over-year reading increased 2.3%. Separately, PPI fell 0.9% year-over-year. All three figures matched expectations
Japan's Tertiary Activity Index slipped 0.1% month-over-month (expected 0.2%, previous 0.9%), while Household Confidence ticked up to 41.5 from 41.1 (expected 42.3)
New Zealand's Electronic Card Retail Sales were unchanged month-over-month (expected 0.5%, previous 0.0%)

------

Japan's Nikkei rose 2.4%, climbing off two-month lows. Exporters gained on the weaker yen with Sharp up 3.0% and Hitachi higher by 1.9%.
Hong Kong's Hang Seng advanced 1.3%, ending just off its best levels of the year. Henderson Land surged 4.8% after data showed property prices ended June at a record high.
China's Shanghai Composite added 1.4% to end at an eight-month high. Financials provided a boost with ICBC adding 1.4% and Citic Securities tacking on 2.3%.

Major European indices trade higher across the board. In Turkey, Recep Tayyip Erdogan won the first presidential election with 52.0% of the vote. Mr. Erdogan previously served as Prime Minister.

Economic data was limited:
Great Britain's CB Leading Index rose 0.6% month-over-month (expected 0.5%)
Swiss Retail Sales rose 3.4% year-over-year (expected 0.3%, previous -0.5%)

------

Great Britain's FTSE is higher by 0.9% with financials and miners showing strength. Anglo American, Rio Tinto, and Schroders display gains between 2.4% and 2.9%. WM Morrison Supermarkets is the weakest performer, down 2.1%.
In France, the CAC trades up 0.9%. Growth-sensitive names outperform with Cie de St-Gobain, Valeo, and Vinci up between 2.4% and 3.0%. On the downside, Electricite de France holds a loss of 0.8%.
Germany's DAX outperforms with an increase of 1.6%. Deutsche Lufthansa and BMW are among the leaders with respective gains of 2.7% and 1.8%, while Deutsche Bank underperforms. The stock is down 1.1%.

8:30 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +7.70. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +12.20. U.S. equity futures have extended to new highs and the S&P 500 futures now trade eight points above fair value. The early action has been a one-sided affair with a steady climb taking place since the start of the Asian session.

Market participants have received a handful of quarterly reports this morning, but the busy portion of the earnings season is now in the rear-view mirror. This morning, Priceline.com (PCLN 1264.00, -17.56) reported a bottom-line beat, but disappointing guidance has put the stock on track to open lower by 1.4%. On the consumer staples side, Dean Foods (DF 14.50, -1.31) holds a pre-market loss of 8.3% in reaction to its below-consensus earnings and cautious guidance.

7:58 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +5.20. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +10.70. U.S. equity futures trade near their best levels of the morning amid upbeat action overseas. The sentiment has been boosted by de-escalation on the geopolitical front with a cease-fire holding in Gaza and separatists in Ukraine also proposing a pause in fighting. The S&P 500 futures hover five points above fair value, while the benchmark index is unchanged since the start of the month. The Russell 2000 has shown relative strength so far in August and will enter the trading day with a month-to-date gain of 1.0%.

Treasuries display slim losses with the 10-yr yield up one basis point at 2.44%.

In notable U.S. corporate news:

Priceline.com (PCLN 1255.94, -25.62): -2.0% after the company's cautious earnings guidance overshadowed its better than expected results.
Kinder Morgan (KMI 41.08, +4.96): +14.2% after agreeing to acquire Kinder Morgan Energy Partners (KMP 98.40, +18.06), Kinder Morgan Management (KMR 98.99, +21.97), and El Paso Pipeline Partners (EPB 42.28, +8.68) and boosting its dividend to $2.00 per share.

Reviewing overnight developments:

Asian markets ended on a higher note. Hong Kong's Hang Seng +1.3%, China's Shanghai Composite +1.4%, and Japan's Nikkei +2.4%
In economic data:
China's CPI rose 0.1% month-over-month, while the year-over-year reading increased 2.3%. Separately, PPI fell 0.9% year-over-year. All three figures matched expectations
Japan's Tertiary Activity Index slipped 0.1% month-over-month (expected 0.2%, previous 0.9%), while Household Confidence ticked up to 41.5 from 41.1 (expected 42.3)
New Zealand's Electronic Card Retail Sales were unchanged month-over-month (expected 0.5%, previous 0.0%)
In news:
According to Nikkei, Japan's Government Pension Investment Fund temporarily lifted its limit on equity holdings in order to increase purchases of domestic stocks

Major European indices trade higher across the board. Great Britain's FTSE +0.8%, France's CAC +0.8%, and Germany's DAX +1.6%. Elsewhere, Italy's MIB +0.6% and Spain's IBEX +0.7%
Economic data was limited:
Great Britain's CB Leading Index rose 0.6% month-over-month (expected 0.5%)
Swiss Retail Sales rose 3.4% year-over-year (expected 0.3%, previous -0.5%)
Among news of note:
In Turkey, Recep Tayyip Erdogan won the first presidential election with 52.0% of the vote. Mr. Erdogan previously served as Prime Minister

6:56 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +4.50. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +10.00.

6:56 am: [BRIEFING.COM] Nikkei...15130.52...+352.20...+2.40%. Hang Seng...24646.02...+314.60...+1.30%.

6:56 am: [BRIEFING.COM] FTSE...6614.63...+47.30...+0.70%. DAX...9152.15...+142.80...+1.60%.

Bloomberg

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-08-1 ... eases.html

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-08-1 ... -data.html

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-08-1 ... emand.html

Special thanks to Bloomberg, CNNMoney, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance for their market summaries. gm

Best Regards,
M.A. Perry
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
Image@ http://twitter.com/wrbtrader Image@ http://stocktwits.com/wrbtrader

http://www.thestrategylab.com
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
Skype Messenger: kebec2002
questions@thestrategylab.com
Go Back To TheStrategyLab.com Homepage