TheStrategyLab.com Price Action Trading Support Forum

Forum for price action traders that want to learn WRB Analysis basic tutorial chapters 1, 2 and 3 prior to purchasing our advance trade methods. Hashtags: #wrbanalysis #wrbzone #wrbhiddengap #priceaction #trading
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: July 21st Monday Trade Results - Loss $210.00
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:55 am 
Site Admin

Trade Results of M.A. Perry
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
Price Action Trading (no technical indicators)
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
Free Chat Room: http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164
Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
questions@thestrategylab.com (24/7)
http://twitter.com/wrbtrader (24/7)

Attachment:
072114-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-PnL-Blotter-Loss-210.00.png
072114-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-PnL-Blotter-Loss-210.00.png [ 174.16 KiB | Viewed 323 times ]

click on the above image to view today's performance verification

Price Action Trade Performance for Today: Emini TF ($TF_F) futures @ ($210.00) dollars or -2.10 points, Emini ES ($ES_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Light Crude Oil CL ($CL_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Gold GC ($GC_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points and EuroFX 6E ($6E_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.0000 ticks. Total Loss @ ($210.00) dollars

Russell 2000 Emini TF Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ The ICE
S&P 500 Emini ES Futures: 1 tick or 0.25 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Light Crude Oil CL (WTI) Futures: 1 tick or 0.01 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Gold GC Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
EuroFX 6E Futures: 1 tick or 0.0001 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup

In addition, all of my trades were posted real-time in the timestamp ##TheStrategyLab chat room. You can read today's price action trading information about my trades (e.g. time, price entry, contract size, price exit) as the trade traversed to its completion. Also, sometimes I'll post real-time trading tips involving WRBs, WRB Hidden GAPs, Key Market Events (KME), Tutorial Chapters 2 & 3, WRB Zones, Reaction Highs/Lows, Contracting Volatility or Expanding Volatility. Its all archived @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/ftchat/forum/viewtopic.php?f=132&t=1843

Quote:
If any of my real-time posted trades are via key concepts discussed in the WRB Analysis free study guide or the Fading Volatility Breakout (FVB) free trade signal strategy...I will discuss the reasons (trade strategy) behind those trades if/when a user of ##TheStrategyLab chat room ask questions about the trades. In contrast, real-time posted trades that are via the Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 4 - 12 or the Volatility Trading Report (VTR) trade signal strategies...I discuss the reasons (trade strategy) behind those trades with fee-base clients in a different private chat room that's designated only for fee-base clients or discuss the strategies with fee-base clients on my Skype contact list.

Also, posted below are direct links to information about my price action trade methodology and trading plan (there's a difference between the two) that enables me to identify key trading areas in the price action that represent changes in supply/demand and volatility along with being able to exploit these changes via WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis). I'm primarily a day trader because it suits my personal lifestyle but I do occasionally swing trade and position trade. Simply, my trade method is applicable for position trading, swing trading and day trading.

Image ##TheStrategyLab Chat Room is free. Members and I use the chat room to post WRB Analysis commentary, real-time trades and to post anything else related to trading. The chat room helps me tremendously in my own trading because I use it to document (journal) general volatility analysis involving WRB Analysis so that I can easily review at a later date my thoughts as I interacted with the markets...info I can not get from my broker statements. Also, this is not a signal calling chat room where a head trader tells you when to buy or sell and I do not have the time/energy/resources to manage a signal calling chat room. Access instructions for chat room @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164

Image Price Action Analysis via WRB Analysis Tutorials @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/WRBAnalysisTutorials.htm and there's a free study guide of the WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1, 2 and 3 @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=718

Image Trade Signal Strategies via Volatility Trading Report (VTR) @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/VolatilityTrading.htm and there's a free trade signal strategy @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=89 so that you can freely test drive one of our price action trade strategies with support (answering your questions) prior to purchasing the Volatility Trading Report (VTR).

Image Trading Plan Daily Routine @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=242&t=2402

-----------------------------

Market Context Summaries

The below summaries by Bloomberg, CNNMoney, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance helps me to do a quick review of the fundamentals, FED/ECB/BOE/IMF actions or any important global economic events (e.g. Eurozone, MarketWatch.com) that had an impact on today's price action in many trading instruments I monitor during the trading day. Simply, I'm a strong believer that key market events causes key changes in supply/demand and volatility resulting in trade opportunities (swing points and strong continuation price actions) that reach profit targets. Thus, I pay attention to these key market events, intermarket analysis (e.g. Forex EurUsd, EuroFX 6E futures, Gold GC futures, Light Crude Oil (WTI) CL & Brent Oil futures, Eurex DAX futures, Euronext FTSE100 futures, Emini ES futures, Emini TF futures, Treasury ZB futures and U.S. Dollar Index futures) while using WRB Analysis from one trade to the next trade to give me the market context for price action trading before the appearance of my technical analysis trade signals. Therefore, I maintain these archives to allow me to understand what was happening on any given trading day in the past involving key market events to help better understand my trade decisions (day trading, swing trading, position trading)...something I can not get from my broker statements alone. Further, most financial websites remove (delete) their archives after a few years to make room for new content. Therefore, I maintain my own archives of the news content so that I have it available for me when financial websites no longer archives their content.

Stocks: Obama's Words Soothe Markets

Attachment:
072114-Key-Price-Action-Markets.png
072114-Key-Price-Action-Markets.png [ 955.27 KiB | Viewed 324 times ]

click on the above image to view today's price action of key markets

NEW YORK (CNNMoney)
Stocks broadly fell Monday on concerns about violence in Gaza and Ukraine, but it could have been a lot worse.

Obama's soothing words: The Dow dropped 48 points, much better than the 125 points down from earlier in the day. All told, the Dow still had it's sixth highest close ever. Things turned around when President Obama gave his remarks on the twin conflicts and continued to rallied from that point. The S&P 500 and Nasdaq indexes also rebounded, although they were each still off about 0.2%.

President Barack Obama spoke on both crises in a statement, calling for a ceasefire in the deadly Gaza violence. On Ukraine, he said Russia was on watch as investigators seek to get to the bottom of what happened to Malaysia Airlines flight 17.

"We have to make sure that the truth is out and accountability exists," he said.

Here's what you need to know:

International markets: European stocks dipped as fighting in Ukraine intensified. The FTSE 100 ended down 0.3% after British Prime Minister David Cameron's remarks Monday, and Germany's DAX finished 1.1% lower. Asian stocks ended the day mixed. Russian stocks were down almost 3% as well.

Burrito and home movie boom: Chipotle (CMG) and Netflix (NFLX, Tech30) both reported earnings after the close on Monday. The burrito chain did much better than anticipated, sending its shares over 7% higher in after-hours trading. Netflix reported earnings largely in line with expectations. The stock reaction had a small bounce.

Fast food funny business: Fast food giants McDonald's (MCD) and Yum! Brands (YUM), which runs KFC, Taco Bell and Pizza Hut, are dealing with a new tainted meat scandal in China.

The pair have cut ties to a meat supplier that supposedly processed tainted beef and chicken. Yum shares were down 4.2% and McDonald's stock dipped 1.5%.

Related: This is the latest in a streak of Chinese food safety scandals

Stock movers -- Herbalife, GoPro, Allergan: Hedge fund activist investor Bill Ackman previewed on CNBC the latest salvo in his years-long war against nutritional supplement company Herbalife (HLF). He has alleged that the company is a pyramid scheme and has poured considerable resources into ensuring its downfall. He's giving what he calls his "most important presentation" ever on the stock Tuesday. It was down more than 11.2% Monday.

Investor darling GoPro (GPRO), which debuted about a month ago and has been climbing ever since, got an initial "overweight" rating from JP Morgan (JPM) Monday. The stock ended the day flat after being up 3% to 4% for most of the trading session. It's 73% higher than its IPO price.

The Wall Street Journal reported that hedge fund Elliott Management has taken a 2% stake in data storage company EMC Corp (EMC). The paper says Elliott wants EMC to spin off its popular VMware cloud storage business. EMC stock is the best performing stock in the S&P 500 Monday, up 5%.

Pharmaceutical companies Allergan (AGN) and Valeant (VRX), which have been circling a potential merger for months, have both seen their stocks rise in afternoon trading. The former, which reported strong quarterly earnings and announced that it would be cutting 13% of its workforce in an effort to create value for shareholders, was up 2.2%. The latter was up 3%.

Tobacco trouble: Tobacco stocks are wilting in the face of a potential $23.6 billion jury award to the Florida widow of a man who died from lung cancer, but they bounced back somewhat.

Reynolds America (RAI)was down 1.1%, and Lorillard (LO), which Reynolds agreed to buy last week, was also down 1%. Philip Morris (PM)and Altria Group (MO) are down around 0.5% and 0.4%, respectively.

Related: Tobacco stocks up in smoke

Malaysian Airlines: After Thursday's crash of MH17 over Ukraine thrust Malaysian Airlines back into the headlines, investors are understandably nervous and there are talks of a bailout or bankruptcy for the company.

Related: Can Malaysia airlines survive the latest tragedy?

Shares listed in Kuala Lumpur are down 35.5% for the year.

Special thanks to Bloomberg, CNNMoney, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance for their market summaries. gm

Best Regards,
M.A. Perry
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
Image@ http://twitter.com/wrbtrader Image@ http://stocktwits.com/wrbtrader

http://www.thestrategylab.com
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
Skype Messenger: kebec2002
questions@thestrategylab.com
Go Back To TheStrategyLab.com Homepage