TheStrategyLab.com Price Action Trading Support Forum

Forum for price action traders that want to learn WRB Analysis basic tutorial chapters 1, 2 and 3 prior to purchasing our advance trade methods. Hashtags: #wrbanalysis #wrbzone #wrbhiddengap #priceaction #trading
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: June 27th Friday Trade Results - Profit $3402.50
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:12 am 
Site Admin

Trade Results of M.A. Perry
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
Price Action Trading (no technical indicators)
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
Free Chat Room: http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164
Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
questions@thestrategylab.com (24/7)
http://twitter.com/wrbtrader (24/7)

Attachment:
062714-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-PnL-Blotter-Profit+3402.50.png
062714-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-PnL-Blotter-Profit+3402.50.png [ 174.92 KiB | Viewed 342 times ]

click on the above image to view today's performance verification

Price Action Trade Performance for Today: Emini TF ($TF_F) futures @ $3,090.00 dollars or +30.90 points, Emini ES ($ES_F) futures @ $312.50 dollars or +6.25 points, Light Crude Oil CL ($CL_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Gold GC ($GC_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points and EuroFX 6E ($6E_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.0000 ticks. Total Profit @ $3,402.50 dollars

Russell 2000 Emini TF Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ The ICE
S&P 500 Emini ES Futures: 1 tick or 0.25 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Light Crude Oil CL (WTI) Futures: 1 tick or 0.01 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Gold GC Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
EuroFX 6E Futures: 1 tick or 0.0001 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup

In addition, all of my trades were posted real-time in the timestamp ##TheStrategyLab chat room. You can read today's price action trading information about my trades (e.g. time, price entry, contract size, price exit) as the trade traversed to its completion. Also, sometimes I'll post real-time trading tips involving WRBs, WRB Hidden GAPs, Key Market Events (KME), Tutorial Chapters 2 & 3, WRB Zones, Reaction Highs/Lows, Contracting Volatility or Expanding Volatility. Its all archived @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/ftchat/forum/viewtopic.php?f=131&t=1826

Quote:
If any of my real-time posted trades are via key concepts discussed in the WRB Analysis free study guide or the Fading Volatility Breakout (FVB) free trade signal strategy...I will discuss the reasons (trade strategy) behind those trades if/when a user of ##TheStrategyLab chat room ask questions about the trades. In contrast, real-time posted trades that are via the Advance WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 4 - 12 or the Volatility Trading Report (VTR) trade signal strategies...I discuss the reasons (trade strategy) behind those trades with fee-base clients in a different private chat room that's designated only for fee-base clients or discuss the strategies with fee-base clients on my Skype contact list.

Also, posted below are direct links to information about my price action trade methodology and trading plan (there's a difference between the two) that enables me to identify key trading areas in the price action that represent changes in supply/demand and volatility along with being able to exploit these changes via WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis). I'm primarily a day trader because it suits my personal lifestyle but I do occasionally swing trade and position trade. Simply, my trade method is applicable for position trading, swing trading and day trading.

Image ##TheStrategyLab Chat Room is free. Members and I use the chat room to post WRB Analysis commentary, real-time trades and to post anything else related to trading. The chat room helps me tremendously in my own trading because I use it to document (journal) general volatility analysis involving WRB Analysis so that I can easily review at a later date my thoughts as I interacted with the markets...info I can not get from my broker statements. Also, this is not a signal calling chat room where a head trader tells you when to buy or sell and I do not have the time/energy/resources to manage a signal calling chat room. Access instructions for chat room @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164

Image Price Action Analysis via WRB Analysis Tutorials @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/WRBAnalysisTutorials.htm and there's a free study guide of the WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1, 2 and 3 @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=718

Image Trade Signal Strategies via Volatility Trading Report (VTR) @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/VolatilityTrading.htm and there's a free trade signal strategy @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=89 so that you can freely test drive one of our price action trade strategies with support (answering your questions) prior to purchasing the Volatility Trading Report (VTR).

Image Trading Plan Daily Routine @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=240&t=2365

-----------------------------

Market Context Summaries

The below summaries by Bloomberg, CNNMoney, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance helps me to do a quick review of the fundamentals, FED/ECB/BOE/IMF actions or any important global economic events (e.g. Eurozone, MarketWatch.com) that had an impact on today's price action in many trading instruments I monitor during the trading day. Simply, I'm a strong believer that key market events causes key changes in supply/demand and volatility resulting in trade opportunities (swing points and strong continuation price actions) that reach profit targets. Thus, I pay attention to these key market events, intermarket analysis (e.g. Forex EurUsd, EuroFX 6E futures, Gold GC futures, Light Crude Oil (WTI) CL & Brent Oil futures, Eurex DAX futures, Euronext FTSE100 futures, Emini ES futures, Emini TF futures, Treasury ZB futures and U.S. Dollar Index futures) while using WRB Analysis from one trade to the next trade to give me the market context for price action trading before the appearance of my technical analysis trade signals. Therefore, I maintain these archives to allow me to understand what was happening on any given trading day in the past involving key market events to help better understand my trade decisions (day trading, swing trading, position trading)...something I can not get from my broker statements alone. Further, most financial websites remove (delete) their archives after a few years to make room for new content. Therefore, I maintain my own archives of the news content so that I have it available for me when financial websites no longer archives their content.

GoPro and Tech Stocks Have Great Week

Attachment:
062714-Key-Price-Action-Markets.png
062714-Key-Price-Action-Markets.png [ 1.13 MiB | Viewed 331 times ]

click on the above image to view today's price action of key markets

NEW YORK (CNNMoney)
The Fourth of July is a week away, but there have been a few fireworks this Friday in the stock market.

The S&P 500, Dow Jones Industrial Average and the Nasdaq all finished the day positive after a late surge, with the Nasdaq up 0.4%. The tech-heavy Nasdaq has been the star performer of the week, finishing up nearly 0.7% and at a 14-year high. The other two indexes finished the week in the red.

Here's some highlights from the first summer Friday:

1. Investors ignore Michaels debut, but clamor for more GoPro: Shares in GoPro (GPRO), the sports-oriented camera maker whose shares started trading Thursday, continued to surge. The stock is up 14% Friday, a strong move after yesterday's momentous 30% spike.

To put that in perspective, the stock priced at $24 and it finished the week at $36.

Investors are less enthusiastic about crafts retailer Michaels (MIK). It started trading Friday morning -- eight years after private equity firms Blackstone and Bain Capital took it private -- on the Nasdaq with the symbol "MIK". The company's shares priced at $17 and moved little since trading commenced. The company raised $472 million in the IPO.

Perhaps the biggest news in the IPO world this week is that Chinese e-commerce giant Alibaba chose to take what could be America's largest-ever IPO to the New York Stock Exchange. Yahoo (YHOO, Tech30), which owns a stake in Alibaba, has enjoyed a nice bounce the past two days. It ended the day up 1.8%.

Related: Alibaba spurs tech-heavy Nasdaq to go with NYSE

2. It's the shoes: Nike (NKE) and sneaker store chain Finish Line (FINL) both gained after the companies reported earnings and sales that surpassed Wall Street expectations. Nike finished up 1%.

Nike said in its earnings report that the best news is coming out of Europe, with 18% sales growth. And with all the focus on the World Cup in Brazil, it should come as no surprise that sales from the company's soccer segment were also up sharply.

Shares of Nike rival Adidas (ADDDF) closed slightly higher in Germany, and Finish Line competitor Foot Locker (FOOT) closed 2.6% higher.

3. Dollar store drama and coffee surge: Shares in Dollar General (DG) ended the day more than 7% lower after CEO Rick Dreiling announced that he was retiring in 2015. Activist investor Carl Icahn has a 9.4% stake in Family Dollar (FDO), which many suspect he wants to merge with Dollar General. Family Dollar stock dipped 2%. Related company Dollar Tree (DLTR) was slightly negative as well.

Keurig Green Mountain (GMCR) shares had a perky day, up over 4% to lead the S&P 500. Research firm Argus upgraded the stock to "buy" on estimates that sales and profits will improve.

4. BNP pares dividend: The Wall Street Journal is reporting that BNP Paribas (BNPQF), the French banking giant that's nearing a $9 billion settlement with the Justice Department, will be cutting its dividend by an unspecified amount because the payment will hurt its balance sheet. The Paris-listed shares of the bank closed flat.

London-listed Barclays (BCS), another big European bank in the spotlight because of a dark pool-related lawsuit from the New York Attorney General, also closed flat after yesterday's 6.5% drop.

Related: NY Attorney General says Barclays failed to investors about "predators" in its dark pools

5. International markets: Asian stocks finished the day mixed, with Chinese and Indian stocks closing slightly higher. European markets closed mixed today, but all ende.

Wall Street Closes Up But Ends Week Lower, Europe Stocks Down
By David Gaffen and Barani Krishnan

NEW YORK (Reuters) - U.S. stocks erased early losses to close up on Friday but still finished the week lower on mixed economic data, while European equities had their first weekly drop since April on worries over Iraq and Ukraine.

U.S. Treasuries yields eased at the end of a week of steady price gains for government bonds, fueled by increasing worries that economic growth in the world's No. 1 economy may be slower than policymakers believe.

Worries about the economy persisted despite U.S. consumer sentiment rising more than expected in a final June reading of a Thomson Reuters/University of Michigan poll issued on Friday.

The dollar fell a quarter percent against a basket of major currencies .DXY for a second week of losses.

Stocks on Wall Street rebounded in late trading, led by technology stocks such as Apple Inc AAPL.O, while a downbeat second-quarter forecast from DuPont Co limited gains.

The S&P 500 finished in striking distance of the intraday record high it hit on Tuesday. But some held their breath in the prelude to the earnings period that will start in the next two weeks, which will provide clues on whether the economy and profits are both picking up.

"Prices have finally achieved a certain valuation level that has become increasingly uncomfortable for market participants in the absence of further decisive evidence that the economy is on the right track," said Mark Luschini, chief investment strategist at Janney Montgomery Scott in Philadelphia.

The Dow Jones industrial average .DJI rose 5.71 points, or 0.03 percent, to end at 16,851.84. The S&P 500 .SPX gained 3.74 points, or 0.19 percent, to finish at 1,960.96. The Nasdaq Composite .IXIC advanced 18.88 points, or 0.43 percent, to close at 4,397.93.

For the week, the Dow fell 0.6 percent and the S&P 500 dipped 0.1 percent. The Nasdaq added 0.7 percent for its sixth weekly rise in the past seven.

The 10-year benchmark yield was at 2.5340 percent, after hitting a low of 2.507 percent earlier in the day.

Europe's main stock indicator, the FTSEurofirst300 .FTEU3 settled at 1,371.28, flat on the day, but down 1.7 percent for its first weekly loss in 10 weeks. The MSCI world stocks gauge .MIWD00000PUS was at 428.10, up 0.2 percent on the day but down 0.3 percent on the week.

Gold XAU= had a fourth straight weekly gain to above $1,316 an ounce, as geopolitical unrest in Iraq and Ukraine boosted the precious metal's appeal and soft U.S. data weakened the dollar.

Brent crude oil LCOc1 settled at $113.30 a barrel, up 0.1 percent on the day but down 1.4 percent on the week for its worst week in a month as fighting in Iraq stayed away from the country's south, where most of its oil is produced.

Special thanks to Bloomberg, CNNMoney, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance for their market summaries. gm

Best Regards,
M.A. Perry
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
Image@ http://twitter.com/wrbtrader Image@ http://stocktwits.com/wrbtrader

http://www.thestrategylab.com
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
Skype Messenger: kebec2002
questions@thestrategylab.com
Go Back To TheStrategyLab.com Homepage