TheStrategyLab.com Price Action Trading Support Forum

Forum for price action traders that want to learn WRB Analysis basic tutorial chapters 1, 2 and 3 prior to purchasing our advance trade methods. Hashtags: #wrbanalysis #wrbzone #wrbhiddengap #priceaction #trading
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: March 3rd Monday Trade Results - Profit $3,972.50
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:14 pm 
Site Admin

Trade Results of M.A. Perry
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
Price Action Trading (no technical indicators)
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
Free Chat Room: http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164
Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
questions@thestrategylab.com (24/7)
http://twitter.com/wrbtrader (24/7)

Attachment:
030314-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-PnL-Blotter-Profit+3972.50.png
030314-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-PnL-Blotter-Profit+3972.50.png [ 174.67 KiB | Viewed 304 times ]

click on the above image to view today's performance verification

Price Action Trade Performance for Today: Emini TF ($TF_F) futures @ ($1,340.00) dollars or -13.40 points, Emini ES ($ES_F) futures @ $5,312.50 dollars or +106.25 points, Light Crude Oil CL ($CL_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Gold GC ($GC_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points and EuroFX 6E ($6E_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.0000 ticks. Total Profit @ $3,972.50 dollars

Russell 2000 Emini TF Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ The ICE
S&P 500 Emini ES Futures: 1 tick or 0.25 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Light Crude Oil CL (WTI) Futures: 1 tick or 0.01 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Gold GC Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
EuroFX 6E Futures: 1 tick or 0.0001 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup

In addition, all of my trades were posted real-time in the chat room. You can read today's chat room logs for details about each one of my trades via price action trading from entry to exit (e.g. time, price, contract size) along with price action commentary as the trade traversed to its completion...all archived @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/ftchat/forum/viewtopic.php?f=128&t=1736

Also, posted below are direct links to information about my price action trade methodology and trading plan (there's a difference between the two) that enables me to identify key trading areas in the price action that represent changes in supply/demand and volatility along with being able to exploit these changes via WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis). I'm primarily a day trader because it suits my personal lifestyle but I do occasionally swing trade and position trade. Simply, my trade method is applicable for position trading, swing trading and day trading.

Image ##TheStrategyLab Chat Room is free. Members and I use the chat room to post WRB Analysis commentary, real-time trades and to post anything else related to trading. The chat room helps me tremendously in my own trading because I use it to document (journal) my thought process from trade to trade so that I can easily review at a later date my thoughts as I interacted with the markets...info I can not get from my broker statements. Also, this is not a signal calling chat room where a head trader tells you when to buy or sell. If you join the chat room and then you do not ask any questions about WRB Analysis in your own trading or you do not document (journal) your own thoughts from trade to trade...the chat room will not be useful to you. Chat room access instructions @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164

Image Price Action Analysis via WRB Analysis Tutorials @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/WRBAnalysisTutorials.htm and there's a free study guide of the WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1, 2 and 3 @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=718

Image Trade Signal Strategies via Volatility Trading Report (VTR) @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/VolatilityTrading.htm and there's a free trade signal strategy @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=89 so that you can freely test drive one of our price action trade strategies with support (answering your questions) prior to purchasing the Volatility Trading Report (VTR).

Image Trading Plan Daily Routine @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=234&t=2257

-----------------------------

Market Context Summaries

The below summaries by Bloomberg, CNNMoney, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance helps me to do a quick review of the fundamentals, FED/ECB/BOE/IMF actions or any important global economic events (e.g. Eurozone, MarketWatch.com) that had an impact on today's price action in many trading instruments I monitor during the trading day. Simply, I'm a strong believer that key market events causes key changes in supply/demand and volatility resulting in trade opportunities (swing points and strong continuation price actions) that reach profit targets. Thus, I pay attention to these key market events, intermarket analysis (e.g. Forex EurUsd, EuroFX 6E futures, Gold GC futures, Light Crude Oil (WTI) CL & Brent Oil futures, Eurex DAX futures, Euronext FTSE100 futures, Emini ES futures, Emini TF futures, Treasury ZB futures and U.S. Dollar Index futures) while using WRB Analysis from one trade to the next trade to give me the market context for price action trading before the appearance of my technical analysis trade signals. Therefore, I maintain these archives to allow me to understand what was happening on any given trading day in the past involving key market events to help better understand my trade decisions (day trading, swing trading, position trading)...something I can not get from my broker statements alone.

Stocks Finish Lower On Ukraine Fears

Attachment:
030314-Key-Price-Action-Markets.png
030314-Key-Price-Action-Markets.png [ 1.41 MiB | Viewed 345 times ]

click on the above image to view today's price action of key markets

NEW YORK (CNNMoney)
U.S. stocks followed world markets lower Monday as investors worried about increased tensions between Russia and Ukraine. But the market recovered from the worst of the sell-off as the day wore on.

The Dow ended down 154 points, or nearly 1%. Earlier, the blue chip index had lost as many as 250 points. The S&P 500 and Nasdaq fell about 0.7%.

Investors were cautious following news that Russia has moved forward with military intervention in Ukraine. Ukraine's new leaders have accused Russia of declaring war.

All the major European stock markets closed sharply lower, with Germany's Dax dropping more than 3%. France's CAC 40 fell more than 2% and London's FTSE 100 declined about 1.5%.

The Ukraine fears hit most Asian stock markets as well. Hong Kong's Hang Seng index closed 1.5% lower and Tokyo's Nikkei dropped 1.3%. Stocks in Shanghai and Shenzhen bucked the trend and moved higher.

* 5 reasons Ukraine matters to the world economy

Stocks in Russia fell the most. The Micex index tanked almost 11%, while the Market Vectors Russia ETF (RSX) was down 6%. Shares of energy giant Gazpro (GZPFY) dropped more than 10%, and Russian search engine Yandex (YNDX) was down about 14%.

But some traders on StockTwits thought Yandex, often called the "Google of Russia," may be oversold.

"$YNDX today movement is purely speculative," said pmatrasc. "People shorting on a "random" Russian stock - without looking at fundamentals or whatever."

Trader danielmardorf said he'd consider buying Yandex because of today's slide: "$YNDX Great long term buy here."

But WORLDCRIMELEAGUE said that he will wait for the conflict to stabilize, and the stock to experience more weakness before buying in.

"$RSX wayyy too early to buy Russian stocks, maybe in 2 weeks, as long as things simmer down, wait till $YNDX get into the 20's," he said. Shares were at about $32 in midday trading.

Investors seemed to be very concerned by threats of serious sanctions against Russia from the United States and Europe.

Russia's central bank reacted by hiking interest rates, saying it wanted to maintain financial stability and inflation levels as market volatility increases.

Though global markets were getting knocked down, Nigel Green, founder and CEO of deVere Group, said he doesn't expect the sell-off to last long.

"There has been some volatility in the capital markets as a result of the political and military uncertainty in Ukraine, which have naturally exacerbated concerns about the country's fundamental economic weaknesses," he said. "However, I fully expect this to be a short-term phenomenon. "

Green said that while Ukraine's problems may raise more concerns about emerging markets, he doesn't expect the crisis will trigger another global recession. Rather, Green said the situation will be limited to Russia and Ukraine.

Joe Tatusko, chief investment officer at Westport Resources, said he thinks the market weakness "almost definitely presents a tremendous buying opportunity."

* Video - Gold soars as Ukraine crisis escalates

Meanwhile, as investors seek safe-haven assets, gold prices rose more than 2% to $1,351 per ounce.

Investors were buying U.S. Treasuries too, pushing the 10-year yield down below 2.6% from 2.65% late Friday. Bond prices and yields move in opposite directions.

The price of oil is also up, with crude prices rising by almost 2% to more than $104 per barrel.

"Russia's involvement clearly magnifies the scope for contagion and increases the possibility that global energy prices will be affected both directly and indirectly," wrote Stephanie Flanders, chief European market strategist for JPMorgan asset management in London.

The tension also triggered a spike in wheat and corn prices, as Ukraine is a leading exporter of both grains. The Teucrium Wheat (WEAT) and Teucrium Corn (CORN) ETFs both rose, and investors expected more gains in the coming days.

"If Russian stand off continues $WEAT may be a continued play," said StockTwits trader TrendHunter.

"$CORN Historically March is the best month for Corn," said tyla858. Add this Russia/Ukraine debacle to the mix...Bullish."

In company news, Men's Wearhouse (MW) said Monday that it has entered into merger talks with its rival retailer Jos. A. Bank (JOSB).

Shares of Lorillard (LO) surged following a Financial Times report that said Reynolds American (RAI, Fortune 500) is possibly making a bid to buy its cigarette and tobacco rival. Reynolds shares also rose on the speculation. It and Lorillard were the two biggest gainers in the S&P 500 Monday.

Stocks Slide as Havens Sought on Crimea; Oil, Gold Climb

By Stephen Kirkland and Callie Bost Mar 3, 2014 4:45 PM ET

Stocks slid, with an index of global equities tumbling the most in a month, while the ruble weakened to an all-time low as Russia’s growing military presence in Ukraine prompted an emerging-market selloff. The yen, U.S. Treasuries and gold rose as investors sought havens.

The MSCI All-Country World Index fell 1.2 percent by 4:44 p.m. in New York. Russian stocks slumped the most in five years and Ukrainian debt dropped the most on record as the ruble retreated more than 1 percent versus its dollar-euro basket. The Standard & Poor’s 500 Index (SPX) lost 0.7 percent as the VIX volatility gauge jumped. Gold rose 2.2 percent as Brent crude gained as much as 3 percent, while wheat climbed the most since 2012. Ten-year Treasury yields declined to a one-month low.

U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry is traveling to Ukraine and the United Nations Security Council is set to meet as western leaders seek to respond to Russia seizing control of the country’s Crimea region. Ukraine said Russia’s navy ordered two of its ships to surrender. Russia’s central bank unexpectedly raised its key interest rate by 150 basis points. Manufacturing gauges in China signaled slower growth, while U.S. data showed faster-than-estimated factory expansion.
Photographer: SeongJoon Cho/Bloomberg

The yen added 0.4 percent versus the greenback, which strengthened against... Read More

“Ukraine is troubling, but it will be short-term,” Karyn Cavanaugh, a market strategist at ING U.S. Investment Management in New York, said in a phone interview. Her firm oversees about $200 billion. “If we do see some market gyrations and volatility, it could be a buying opportunity. I think that things are going to be coming along that will cause the market to look past it.”

G-7 Condemnation

Kerry’s trip to Kiev, Ukraine’s capital and scene of a bloody uprising that precipitated the current crisis, comes after the leaders of the Group of Seven nations condemned Russia’s actions as a clear violation of the former Soviet republic’s territorial integrity. Ukraine was set to become the third-biggest corn shipper this year, and ranks sixth for global wheat exports.

Moscow’s Micex stock index dropped 11 percent in its biggest plunge since November 2008. OAO Gazprom, which supplies natural gas to Europe via Ukraine, dropped 13 percent in Moscow, its biggest decline on a closing basis since November 2008.

The ruble weakened 1.4 percent to a record-low 42.6334 against the dollar-euro basket used by the central bank to manage the currency. It slid more than 0.6 percent versus all 16 major peers tracked by Bloomberg as traders estimated the regulator sold about $10 billion of foreign currency to stem the decline.

Raising Rates

The Russian Volatility Index, which reflects the average value of implied volatility of options on futures for Russia’s RTS Index, jumped a record 149 percent to an almost five-year high of 74.46.

Bank Rossii raised its one-week auction rate to 7 percent from 5.5 percent, saying it was a temporary increase aimed at stemming inflation and ensuring financial stability. The cost of insuring Russia’s debt against non-payment rose to the highest level since June, with credit-default swap contracts on Russian government bonds surging 46.5 basis points to 235.5 basis points, according to prices compiled by CMA.

Yields on Ukraine’s dollar-denominated Eurobonds due in 2023 jumped 1.11 percentage points, or 111 basis points, to 10.56 percent. It costs $2.36 million in advance and $500,000 annually to protect $10 million of Ukraine’s debt for five years, according to CMA. That’s up from $1.9 million in advance and signals a 54 percent probability of default during the period, the data show.

Ukraine Mobilizes

Ukraine yesterday mobilized its army after lawmakers in Moscow gave permission for troop deployments. The government is seeking as much as $35 billion in aid led by the International Monetary Fund to replenish its reserves.

The Ukrainian Equities Index slid 12 percent as benchmark gauges in Poland and Hungary dropped more than 3.5 percent. The MSCI Emerging Markets Index sank 1.7 percent, the most since January.

The Hang Seng China Enterprises Index of mainland Chinese stocks listed in Hong Kong slid 1.4 percent while the Shanghai Composite Index rose 0.9 percent. China’s Purchasing Managers’ Index (CPMINDX) for February came in at 50.2, according to official data released March 1. That compares with a January level of 50.5. A private PMI by HSBC Holdings Plc and Markit Economics signaled contraction, slipping to 48.5 from 49.5.

U.S. Movers

U.S. stocks retreated after the S&P 500 gained 4.3 percent last month, the most since October, to a record. Options tied to gains in the benchmark gauge for American stock volatility reached the highest prices in six years last week, reflecting bets that the calm prevailing in equities for the past year won’t last. The Chicago Board Options Exchange Volatility Index (VIX), known as the VIX, advanced 14 percent to 16 for its biggest jump in a month.

General Electric Co. and 3M Co. plunged at least 1.3 percent to pace declines among large industrial shares. The Market Vectors Russia ETF (RSX) tracking companies from Gazprom to OAO Lukoil dropped 6.9 percent, the most in more than two years. Yandex NV, a U.S.-listed online search engine operating in Russia, slumped a record 14 percent. Newmont Mining Corp., the largest U.S. gold producer, climbed 1.6 percent.

The Institute for Supply Management’s index of U.S. manufacturing rose to 53.2 in February from 51.3 a month earlier, data today showed. Readings above 50 signal expansion. The median projection of 81 economists surveyed by Bloomberg was 52.3, with estimates ranging from 49.5 to 55. Manufacturing accounts for about 12 percent of the U.S. economy. The ISM’s factory gauge averaged 53.9 for all of last year.

European Stocks

The Stoxx Europe 600 Index lost 2.3 percent after jumping 4.8 percent in February, the most since July. A total of 575 stocks out of the 600 in the gauge fell today, with trading on the index 19 percent greater than the 30-day average, according to data compiled by Bloomberg. The VStoxx Index, which measures the cost of Euro Stoxx 50 Index options, jumped 30 percent, the most since 2011.

Danish brewer Carlsberg A/S (CARLB) fell 5.3 percent and Metro AG, Germany’s largest retailer, declined 5.4 percent. Eastern Europe including Russia accounted for more than 25 percent of last year’s revenue for both companies. Nokian Renkaat Oyj, a Nordic tiremaker, lost 6.6 percent. Russia and the Commonwealth of Independent States made up almost 35 percent of its revenue in 2012, data compiled by Bloomberg show.

Randgold Resources Ltd. climbed 4.3 percent as gold rallied. Roche Holding AG lost 4.6 percent after it was advised to end a trial of a lung cancer drug. Bouygues SA slipped 1.8 percent after a report that the construction and telecommunications company is planning a bid for Vivendi SA’s phone carrier SFR.

Commodity Markets

Brent crude rose as much as 3 percent to $112.39 a barrel, the highest price this year. West Texas Intermediate crude increased 2.3 percent to $104.92 a barrel in New York after earlier topping $105 a barrel for the first time since September. Russia is the world’s largest energy exporter.

Gold futures advanced to the highest level in more than four months, settling at $1,350.30 an ounce on the Comex in New York. Silver futures added 1.1 percent.

The S&P GSCI Spot Index of raw materials jumped 1.6 percent, the most since August, amid concern energy and agricultural supplies will be disrupted by a potential conflict between Russia and Ukraine. Wheat gained 4.9 percent, the most since June 2012, while corn added 1.5 percent.

The yen climbed 0.4 percent to 101.42 per dollar after reaching 101.20, the strongest level since Feb. 5. It jumped 0.9 percent to 139.29 per euro. The 18-nation shared currency slipped 0.5 percent to $1.3734 as it weakened against 10 of 16 major peers.

U.S. 10-year Treasury yields declined four basis points to 2.61 percent. Rates touched 2.59 percent, the lowest level since Feb. 4. Germany’s 10-year bond yields slid seven basis points to 1.55 percent, near the lowest level since July.

To contact the reporters on this story: Stephen Kirkland in London at skirkland@bloomberg.net; Callie Bost in New York at cbost2@bloomberg.net

Special thanks to Bloomberg, CNNMoney, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance for their market summaries. gm

Best Regards,
M.A. Perry
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
Image@ http://twitter.com/wrbtrader Image@ http://stocktwits.com/wrbtrader

http://www.thestrategylab.com
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
Skype Messenger: kebec2002
questions@thestrategylab.com
Go Back To TheStrategyLab.com Homepage