TheStrategyLab.com Price Action Trading Support Forum

Forum for price action traders that want to learn WRB Analysis basic tutorial chapters 1, 2 and 3 prior to purchasing our advance trade methods. Hashtags: #wrbanalysis #wrbzone #wrbhiddengap #priceaction #trading
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: December 24th Tuesday Trade Results - Profit $350.00
PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:04 pm 
Site Admin

Trade Results of M.A. Perry
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
Price Action Trading (no technical indicators)
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
Free Chat Room: http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164
Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
questions@thestrategylab.com (24/7)
http://twitter.com/wrbtrader (24/7)

Attachment:
122413-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-PnL-Blotter-Profit+350.00.png
122413-wrbtrader-Price-Action-Trading-PnL-Blotter-Profit+350.00.png [ 175.15 KiB | Viewed 282 times ]

click on the above image to view today's performance verification

Price Action Trade Performance for Today: Emini TF ($TF_F) futures @ $350.00 dollars or +3.50 points, Emini ES ($ES_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Light Crude Oil CL ($CL_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, Gold GC ($GC_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points and EuroFX 6E ($6E_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.0000 ticks. Total Profit @ $350.00 dollars.

Russell 2000 Emini TF Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ The ICE
S&P 500 Emini ES Futures: 1 tick or 0.25 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Light Crude Oil CL (WTI) Futures: 1 tick or 0.01 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
Gold GC Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
EuroFX 6E Futures: 1 tick or 0.0001 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup

In addition, all of my trades were posted real-time in the chat room. You can read today's chat room logs for details about each one of my trades via price action trading from entry to exit (e.g. time, price, contract size) along with price action commentary as the trade traversed to its completion...all archived @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/ftchat/forum/viewtopic.php?f=124&t=1680

Also, posted below are direct links to information about my price action trade methodology and trading plan (there's a difference between the two) that enables me to identify key trading areas in the price action that represent changes in supply/demand and volatility along with being able to exploit these changes via WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis). I'm primarily a day trader because it suits my personal lifestyle but I do occasionally swing trade and position trade. Simply, my trade method is applicable for position trading, swing trading and day trading.

Image ##TheStrategyLab Chat Room is free. Members and I use the chat room to post WRB Analysis commentary, real-time trades and to post anything else related to trading. The chat room helps me tremendously in my own trading because I use it to document (journal) my thought process from trade to trade so that I can easily review at a later date my thoughts as I interacted with the markets...info I can not get from my broker statements. Also, this is not a signal calling chat room where a head trader tells you when to buy or sell. If you join the chat room and then you do not ask any questions about WRB Analysis in your own trading...the chat room will not be useful to you. Chat room access instructions @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=164

Image Price Action Analysis via WRB Analysis Tutorials @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/WRBAnalysisTutorials.htm and there's a free study guide of the WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1, 2 and 3 @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=718

Image Trade Signal Strategies via Volatility Trading Report (VTR) @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/VolatilityTrading.htm and there's a free trade signal strategy @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=89 so that you can freely test drive one of our price action trade strategies with support (answering your questions) prior to purchasing the Volatility Trading Report (VTR).

Image Trading Plan Daily Routine @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=226&t=2114

-----------------------------

Market Context Summaries

The below summaries by Bloomberg, CNNMoney, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance helps me to do a quick review of the fundamentals, FED/ECB/BOE/IMF actions or any important global economic events (e.g. Eurozone, MarketWatch.com) that had an impact on today's price action in many trading instruments I monitor during the trading day. Simply, I'm a strong believer that key market events causes key changes in supply/demand and volatility resulting in trade opportunities (swing points and strong continuation price actions) that reach profit targets. Thus, I pay attention to these key market events, intermarket analysis (e.g. Forex EurUsd, EuroFX 6E futures, Gold GC futures, Light Crude Oil (WTI) CL & Brent Oil futures, Eurex DAX futures, Euronext FTSE100 futures, Emini ES futures, Emini TF futures, Treasury ZB futures and U.S. Dollar Index futures) while using WRB Analysis from one trade to the next trade to give me the market context for price action trading before the appearance of my technical analysis trade signals. Therefore, I maintain these archives to allow me to understand what was happening on any given trading day in the past involving key market events to help better understand my trade decisions (day trading, swing trading, position trading)...something I can not get from my broker statements alone.

Record Rally Continues On Wall Street

Attachment:
122413-Key-Price-Action-Markets.png
122413-Key-Price-Action-Markets.png [ 521.26 KiB | Viewed 294 times ]

click on the above image to view today's price action of key markets

NEW YORK (CNNMoney)
Ho Ho Ho! Santa delivered more records for Wall Street on Tuesday.

The Dow rose 63 points, or 0.4%, and the S&P 500 and Nasdaq also rose modestly. The gains were enough to push the Dow and S&P 500 to fresh all-time highs, and the Nasdaq to a new 13-year high.

Trading volume was low Tuesday, with most investors away for the holidays. The stock market closed at 1 p.m. ET, and markets will remain closed Wednesday for Christmas Day.

While the broader market only advanced modestly, Tesla (TSLA) shares finished sharply higher. Shares of the electronic car maker spiked almost 6% Tuesday after the company said federal officials have reaffirmed the five-star safety rating of the 2014 Model S.

Investors were pleased with the news from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. It appears unrelated to a federal investigation into whether recent Model S fires are a safety issue, which has dinged Tesla stock in recent months.

Some traders on StockTwits, a social investing site, pointed out what they saw as misguided enthusiasm.

"$TSLA goes up on a months-old safety rating that was 'reiterated,'" said BullHorns. "Every company should reiterate positive news daily. LOL."

StockTwits user Fiftyfifty said that investors may be overreacting: "Knew people would confuse these ratings with the unrelated & ongoing investigation."

Twitter (TWTR) also rallied more than 8%, closing just below $70 apiece, after earlier topping that level for the first time ever. There was no apparent news for the surge, and followed Tuesday's 7.5% advance.

"$TWTR Santa very generous this Year//changed his reindeer for birdies," quipped Barkovsky.

Markets have certainly made big moves so far this year. The Dow Jones industrial average and S&P 500 are both up more than 20%, while the Nasdaq has soared over 30%.

The broad rally puts the Dow on track for its best year since 2003 and the S&P 500 on pace for its best year since 1997.

* Video - 2013 was great for stocks. Now what?

This year's gains have been driven by ongoing economic stimulus from the Federal Reserve, increased confidence in the economy, solid corporate earnings growth, and more individual investors entering the stock market.

* China is looking to avert another cash crunch

The Fed announced last week that it will pull back its bond buying program by a bit in January. But most experts believe the bull market, which began in early 2009, will continue for a sixth year in 2014, albeit at a more modest pace.

In European markets, the major indexes closed with modest gains during the holiday-shortened trading session. In Asia, markets ended mixed.

1:05 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] 'Twas the night before Christmas so few joined the fray
The lack of concerted leadership did its part, keeping both buyers and sellers at bay.

The volume was light and trading ranges were tight
In fact, the New York Stock Exchange had less than 300 million shares in its holiday sight.

That marked a multi-year low, but did little to stop the glow
As the S&P added just over five points to a year-long bull show.

Stocks climbed through the session with cyclical groups serving up the lead
To be sure, consumer discretionary (+0.3%) and industrials (+0.5%) padded their status as this year's elite.

The two sectors extended their yearly gains to 39.5% and 36.2%, respectively
With their influence being felt on all the indices due to their 22% share of the S&P, collectively.

Like Rudolph, the influential industrials led Santa's aerial charge
While discretionary shares, like Dasher or Dancer, paced the convoy of the bearded airborne man at large.

Among commodities, energy (+0.6%) and materials (+1.1%) were boosted by rising oil and gold shining for once
Specifically, crude climbed (+0.3%) to $99.21 per barrel while gold (+0.5%) ended at $1203.30 per troy ounce.

On the downside, consumer staples (+0.1%), health care (-0.1%), and financials (+0.2%) lagged modestly
But despite their underperformance, the session went off swimmingly.

There were some standouts in the heavyweight sectors, but some few big names found a coal or two
On that note, Twitter (TWTR 69.96, +5.42) was boosted by continued momentum, Nike (NKE 77.66, +0.55) climbed on prospects of increasing market share and revenue while Apple (AAPL 567.67, -2.42) shed 0.4% because after yesterday's 3.8% jump, a pullback was simply due.

Over on the bond side, steady selling ensued
But despite the five-basis point gain (to 2.99%), the volume remained subdued.

A flurry of data did little to upset the mood
Most notably, the Durable Orders report revealed that in October, a solid increase in capital goods orders (+4.5%) was accrued.

There will be no data tomorrow and the exchange will be under lock and key
So we'd like to take this opportunity to send you and your family warm Christmas wishes from the Briefing.com family.

Nasdaq +37.6% YTD
Russell 2000 +36.8% YTD
S&P 500 +28.6% YTD
DJIA +24.8% YTD

12:30 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] The S&P 500 trades higher by 0.3% with 30 minutes remaining in today's abbreviated session. Not much has changed from the leadership standpoint as materials (+1.0%) and energy (+0.7%) continue to trade ahead of the other sectors.

On the downside, the health care sector (-0.1%) is the lone decliner, but its loss has been held in check. The remaining countercyclical groups display gains as utilities (+0.4%) and telecom services (+0.8%) outperform while consumer staples (+0.2%) trail the broader market.

12:00 pm: [BRIEFING.COM] Equity indices remain near their highs with the S&P 500 holding a modest gain of 0.3%. The benchmark index has been outpaced by small caps as the Russell 2000 trades higher by 0.6%.

If the Russell maintains its gain into the close, it will extend its 2013 advance to 37.0%, which would place it just behind the Nasdaq, which has soared 37.5% so far this year.

Today, however, the Nasdaq (+0.1%) lags as several large components weigh. Apple (AAPL 566.36, -3.73), Google (GOOG 1110.60, -4.50), and eBay (EBAY 55.00, -0.30) are all down between 0.4% and 0.7%.

Biotechnology has also pressured the tech-heavy index as the iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF (IBB 225.40, -0.62) trades lower by 0.3%.

11:30 am: [BRIEFING.COM] The S&P 500 has extended its gain to 0.3% as commodity-related sectors remain in the lead.

Yesterday, the technology sector did yeoman's work, driving the broad market rally. Today, however, the group trades little changed. Apple (AAPL 566.36, -3.73) was a big reason for yesterday's sector's outperformance, and today the largest component, which trades lower by 0.7%, bears partial responsibility for the relative weakness of the top-weighted S&P 500 group.

Elsewhere among tech shares, chipmakers outperform as the PHLX Semiconductor Index trades higher by 0.4%.

10:55 am: [BRIEFING.COM] The major averages hover near their best levels of the session after spending the past 90 minutes in a steady climb. The S&P 500 displays a gain of 0.2% with materials (+0.9%) and energy (+0.5%) providing leadership.

The materials sector has received support from both steelmakers and miners. The Market Vectors Steel ETF (SLX 48.81, +0.41) is higher by 0.9% while the Market Vectors Gold Miners ETF (GDX 20.63, +0.24) trades up 1.2%. On a related note, gold futures sport an increase of 0.4% at $1201.50 per troy ounce.

The other commodity-related group, energy, sits among the leaders as crude oil trades up 0.2% at $99.14 per barrel.

10:30 am: [BRIEFING.COM]

The dollar index is pulling back from its HoD here, but it still +0.2% at 80.57. However, this doesn't seem to be weighing on most commodities this morning
Metals have been climbing higher off overnight lows and are now showing modest gains, led by copper
Feb gold is now +0.4% at $1202/oz, Mar silver is +0.2% at $19.45/oz, Mar copper is +0.6% at $3.33/lb
Crude oil futures gained steam overnight, pushing back above the $99/level. Feb crude is now +0.3% at $99.19/barrel
This morning, headlines crossed that Iraq is closing its border with Syria; WTI crude oil saw little reaction, just above the $99 level
Natural gas has been sliding lower this morning. Jan nat gas is now -0.9% at $4.42/MMBtu

10:00 am: [BRIEFING.COM] The S&P 500 trades higher by 0.1%.

November new home sales hit an annualized rate of 464,000, which was up from the October rate of 444,000, and better than the rate of 433,000 that had been broadly expected by the Briefing.com consensus.

9:45 am: [BRIEFING.COM] The major averages registered opening gains with eight of ten sectors pacing the early advance. Yesterday's leader, technology, trades in-line with the S&P 500 with an early increase of 0.1%.

Meanwhile, other cyclical sectors display gains between 0.1% (consumer discretionary) and 0.3% (materials). Elsewhere, health care and financials hover just below their flat lines.

Treasuries remain near their lows with the benchmark 10-yr yield up three basis points at 2.96%.

The New Home Sales report for November will be released at 10:00 ET.

9:10 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +1.80. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +3.50. The major averages are poised to begin the holiday-shortened session on a slightly higher note. The S&P 500 futures trade roughly two points above fair value as the benchmark index will look to maintain its December gain of 1.2%. If the advance holds through the final week of the month, the benchmark index will end 2013 with its tenth monthly gain.

Other world markets have done little to upset today's state of affairs. The major Asian indices registered pedestrian gains with the exception of Hong Kong's Hang Seng (+1.1%). The region was boosted by news that the People's Bank of China conducted its first reverse repurchase operation in three weeks to alleviate the ongoing cash crunch. Money market rates retreated with the one-week SHIBOR falling almost 265 basis points to 6.197%.

Over in Europe, most markets were closed, but France's CAC trades little changed as the quiet session continues. Elsewhere, Great Britain's FTSE added 0.2% in an abbreviated session.

Treasuries hold modest losses with the 10-yr yield up three basis points at 2.96%. Most of the decline followed this morning's durable orders report (+3.5% actual, +2.2% Briefing.com consensus), which beat expectations. Notably, there were some signs of a pickup in business investment as nondefense capital goods orders, excluding aircraft, surged 4.5% after declining 0.7% in October.

9:02 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +1.40. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +2.70. The S&P 500 continue to hover less than two points above fair value.

Most Asian markets ended the holiday session on an upbeat note. Notably, indices in China (+0.2%) and Hong Kong (+1.1%) advanced after the People's Bank of China conducted reverse repurchase operations to alleviate the recent cash crunch. As a result, near-term money market rates fell with the one-week SHIBOR dropping nearly 265 basis points to 6.197%.

There was no economic data of note.

Japan's Nikkei added 0.1% after the release of the latest monthly economic report, which did not mention 'deflation' for the first time in four years. The index briefly ticked above 16,000 for the first time since 2007, but slipped below that level into the close.
Hong Kong's Hang Seng rallied throughout the abbreviated session, gaining 1.1% after the PBoC liquidity injection. Financials outperformed with Bank of China and Hang Lung Properties gaining 2.3% and 2.7%, respectively.
China's Shanghai Composite ended modestly higher, adding 0.2%. Air China advanced 1.0%.

European indices are little changed with several markets closed for Christmas Eve. Regarding major indices, Germany's DAX is closed and Great Britain's FTSE added 0.2% in an abbreviated session. Among news of note, reports out of Spain indicate the region of Catalonia will miss its 2013 budget deficit target of 1.58%.

Economic data was scarce. French GDP contracted 0.1% quarter-over-quarter, as expected. Separately, consumer spending increased 1.4% month-over-month (0.4% prior, -0.1% last). Elsewhere, Great Britain's BBA Mortgage Approvals came in at 45,000 (44,500 expected, 43,300 prior).

Great Britain's FTSE added 0.2% as discretionary names paced the advance. British Sky Broadcasting and International Consolidated Airlines gained 2.5% and 1.5%, respectively.
In France, the CAC hovers near its flat line. Utilities Electricite de France and Veolia Environnement outperform with respective gains of 1.7% and 2.0% while Alcatel-Lucent lags with a loss of 2.2%.
Spain's IBEX is higher by 0.6%. Construction company Acciona is among the leaders, trading higher by 2.9%.

In domestic economic news, the October Housing Price Index from the FHFA increased 0.5%, which followed an uptick of 0.3% observed during the prior month.

8:32 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +1.60. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +2.00. The S&P 500 futures trade almost two points above fair value.

November durable goods orders increased 3.5%, which was better than the 2.2% increase expected among economists polled by Briefing.com. This comes after the prior month's revised reading reflected a decrease of 0.7% (from -1.6%). Excluding transportation, durable orders rose 1.2% (consensus +0.6%) to follow the prior month's revised uptick of 0.7% (from +0.4%).

8:00 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +0.50. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: +1.00. U.S. equity futures trade flat amid subdued overseas action.

Reviewing overnight developments:

Asian markets posted gains. Japan's Nikkei +0.1%, China's Shanghai Composite +0.2%, and Hong Kong's Hang Seng +1.1%.
There was no economic data of note.
In news:
In Japan, the monthly economic report did not mention 'deflation' for the first time in four years.
The People's Bank of China conducted reverse repurchase operations to alleviate the recent cash crunch. As a result, near-term money market rates fell with the one-week SHIBOR dropping nearly 265 basis points to 6.197%.
Major European indices are little changed. Great Britain's FTSE added 0.2% (abbreviated session) and France's CAC is flat. In Germany, the DAX is closed.
Economic data was scarce:
French GDP contracted 0.1% quarter-over-quarter, as expected. Separately, consumer spending increased 1.4% month-over-month (0.4% prior, -0.1% last).
Great Britain's BBA Mortgage Approvals came in at 45,000 (44,500 expected, 43,300 prior).
Among news of note:
Reports out of Spain indicate the region of Catalonia will miss its 2013 budget deficit target of 1.58%.

In U.S. corporate news:

Supernus Pharmaceuticals (SUPN 8.65, +1.25): +16.9% after the Food and Drug Administration approved the company's hypertension treatment.

The weekly MBA Mortgage Index fell 6.3% to follow last week's decline of 5.5%.

November Durable Orders will cross the wires at 8:30 ET while the October FHFA Housing Price Index will be reported at 9:00 ET. The data will be topped off with the New Home Sales report for November, which will be revealed at 10:00 ET.

6:43 am: [BRIEFING.COM] S&P futures vs fair value: +1.00. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: flat.

6:43 am: [BRIEFING.COM] Nikkei...15889.33...+18.90...+0.10%. Hang Seng...Holiday.........

6:43 am: [BRIEFING.COM] FTSE...6705.31...+26.70...+0.40%. DAX...Holiday.........

Equities Up, Aided By U.S. Manufacturing Data; Dollar Higher

(Reuters) - U.S. shares edged higher into record territory on Tuesday, backed by stronger-than-expected manufacturing data that in turn spurred U.S. Treasury yields to 2-1/2 year highs on a belief the economy is on a sustained path of recovery.

In thin pre-Christmas holiday trading, the positive economic data contributed to gains for the U.S. dollar against its major trading partners such as the euro zone and Japan.

An errant trade sent copper prices to their highest level since April in New York COMEX trade, a source familiar with the matter told Reuters. Prices were adjusted down after the discovery of the error, the source said.

U.S. share prices posted modest gains. The Dow Jones industrial average .DJI rose 62.94 points or 0.39 percent, to close at a record 16,357.55. The S&P 500 .SPX gained 5.33 points or 0.29 percent, to hit a record 1,833.32. The Nasdaq Composite .IXIC added 6.513 points or 0.16 percent, to finish at 4,155.417. The U.S. stock markets closed early at 1 p.m. EST.

"Investors have taken their positions for the year, so what we're seeing is a market pause to digest the very strong rally we've had," said Adam Sarhan, chief executive of Sarhan Capital in New York.

U.S. durable goods orders for November surged 3.5 percent on rising demand for goods across a spectrum of industries, from aircraft to machinery and computers and electronic products.

In a second report, government data showed November new home sales fell from a five-year high, dropping by 2.1 percent. However, October's sales were revised to their highest level since July 2008.

The stronger economic data supports the U.S. Federal Reserve's decision last week to start trimming its monthly bond purchases as the economy might be gathering more upward momentum into early 2014.

"The path of least resistance right now is lower bond prices and higher yields," said John Brady, managing director of interest rate futures sales at R.J. O'Brien and Associates in Chicago.

In thin trade, the benchmark 10-year U.S. Treasury bond fell 13/32 of a point in price, driving the yield up to 2.98 percent and just shy of a 2-1/2 year high. <US/>

ASIAN AND EUROPEAN SHARES RISE

Japanese equity prices hit a six-year closing high of 15,889.33 .N225, putting the Nikkei on track for its best year since 1972.

Shares in Shanghai .SSEC closed with modest gains, with an early rise cut down by weak banking stocks.

The People's Bank of China injected funds through normal channels for the first time in three weeks, although traders warned that conditions remained tense.

"The relief is quite palpable after the cash injection by the PBOC today," said Jackson Wong, Tanrich Securities vice-president for equity sales.

Much of Europe's stock markets were closed ahead of the holiday. The euro zone blue chip Euro STOXX 50 .STOXX50E rose 0.06 percent on Tuesday but rose 4.5 percent in the five days leading into the Christmas break. That's the best week before the holiday since 1999, Thomson Reuters data showed.

In the currency markets, the U.S. dollar index .DXY, a measure of the greenback's value against a basket of six currencies, rose 0.09 percent to 80.531 in thin trading. The euro fell 0.17 percent to $1.3673.

GOLD SET FOR BIGGEST ANNUAL LOSS IN 32 YEARS

Gold edged higher as bargain hunters appeared after prices fell to six-month lows of around $1,200 an ounce. U.S. gold futures' benchmark February contract settled up 0.5 percent at $1,203.30.

However, the improving global economic environment, coupled with a rally on world stock markets, has driven investors away from traditional safe-haven assets such as gold. For the year, gold is down 28 percent and set for its biggest annual decline in 32 years.

In the oil markets, civil unrest in South Sudan pushed Brent crude $112 a barrel. U.S. oil futures rose 0.26 percent to $99.17 a barrel.

Special thanks to Bloomberg, CNNMoney, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance for their market summaries. gm

Best Regards,
M.A. Perry
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
Image@ http://twitter.com/wrbtrader Image@ http://stocktwits.com/wrbtrader

http://www.thestrategylab.com
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
Skype Messenger: kebec2002
questions@thestrategylab.com
Go Back To TheStrategyLab.com Homepage
Market Update