TheStrategyLab.com Price Action Trading Support Forum

Forum for price action traders that want to learn WRB Analysis basic tutorial chapters 1, 2 and 3 prior to purchasing our advance trade methods. Hashtags: #wrbanalysis #wrbzone #wrbhiddengap #priceaction #trading
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: March 11th Monday Trade Results - No Trades
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:36 pm 
Site Admin

Trade Results of M.A. Perry
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
Price Action Trading (no technical indicators)

Quote:
No trades today due to personal reasons due to family reasons.

Price Action Trade Performance for Today: Emini TF ($TF_F) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points, EuroFX 6E futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.0000 ticks and Light Crude Oil CL (WTI) futures @ $0.00 dollars or +0.00 points. Total Profit @ $0.00 dollars.

Russell 2000 Emini TF Futures: 1 tick or 0.10 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ The ICE
Light Crude Oil CL (WTI) Futures: 1 tick or 0.01 = $10.00 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
CME EuroFX 6E Futures: 1 tick or 0.0001 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup
S&P 500 Emini ES Futures: 1 tick or 0.25 = $12.50 dollars and there's more contract information @ CMEGroup

In addition, all trades were posted real-time in the free ##TheStrategyLab chat room. You can read today's ##TheStrategyLab trading chat room logs for details (e.g. time, price, contract size) about each one of my trades from entry to exit along with price action commentary as the trade traversed in comparison to what's shown in the above image...all archived @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/ftchat/forum/viewtopic.php?f=115&t=1457

Also, posted below are direct links to information about my price action trade methodology and trading plan (there's a difference between the two) that enables me to identify key trading areas in the price action that represent changes in supply/demand and volatility along with being able to exploit these changes via WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis). I'm primarily a day trader because it suits my personal lifestyle but I do occasionally swing trade and position trade.

Image Price Action Analysis via WRB Analysis Tutorials @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/WRBAnalysisTutorials.htm and there's a free study guide of the WRB Analysis Tutorial Chapters 1, 2 and 3 @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=718

Image Trade Signal Strategies via Volatility Trading Report (VTR) @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/VolatilityTrading.htm and there's a free trade signal strategy @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewforum.php?f=89 so that you can freely test drive one of our price action trade strategies with support prior to purchasing the Volatility Trading Report (VTR).

Image Trading Plan Daily Routine @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/tsl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=205&t=1773

-----------------------------

Market Summaries

The below summaries by Bloomberg, CNNMoney, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance helps me to do a quick review of the fundamentals, FED/ECB/IMF actions or any important global economic events (e.g. Eurozone, MarketWatch.com) that had an impact on today's price action in many trading instruments I monitor during the trading day. Simply, I'm a strong believer that key market events causes key changes in supply/demand and volatility resulting in trade opportunities (swing points and strong continuation price actions) that reach profit targets. Thus, I pay attention to these key market events, intermarket analysis (e.g. Forex EurUsd, EuroFX 6E futures, Gold GC futures, Light Crude Oil (WTI) CL & Brent Oil futures, Eurex DAX futures, Euronext FTSE100 futures, Emini ES futures, Emini TF futures, Treasury ZB futures and U.S. Dollar Index futures) while using WRB Analysis from one trade to the next trade to give me the market context before the appearance of my technical analysis trade signals. Therefore, I maintain these archives to allow me to understand what was happening on any given trading day in the past involving key market events to help better understand my trade decisions (day trading, swing trading, position trading)...something I can not get from my broker statements alone.

Dow Ends At Record High For Fifth Day

Attachment:
031113-Key-Price-Action-Markets.png
031113-Key-Price-Action-Markets.png [ 530.82 KiB | Viewed 275 times ]

click on the above image to view today's price action of key markets

NEW YORK (CNNMoney)
U.S. stocks continued their record run Monday as hopes that lawmakers would pass a budget added to the recent enthusiasm.

The Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.3%, closing at a record high for the fifth consecutive trading day. The S&P 500 gained 0.3% and is less than 10 points away from its all-time closing high. The Nasdaq added 0.2%.

Both the Dow and S&P 500 have risen for seven consecutive trading days.

Stocks have been supported by better-than-expected economic data and signs the Federal Reserve will keep its stimulus policies in place for some time.

Investors have shrugged off federal spending cuts that went into effect this month, and seem optimistic that Congress will pass a budget before a March 27 legislative deadline.

"It looks like we might actually get a budget this year," said Charlie Smith, chief investment officer at Fort Pitt Capital Group.

Smith said his firm is in the process of shifting from "playing defense to offense." But he was cautious about the outlook for corporate earnings.

All three major indexes are already up between 9% and 10% this year.

Related: Bank stocks still 50% below all-time highs

Stocks could continue to move higher as investors regain their appetite for risk, but the bull market is vulnerable to a pullback, noted John Stoltzfus, chief market strategist at Oppenheimer.

"At some point, likely sooner than later, a piece of negative news or some data point will trip the bull up," Stoltzfus wrote in his weekly note to clients.

Historically, stocks have been flat to modestly lower two months after hitting a record high, according to BTIG chief global strategist Dan Greenhaus. That might not be too bad, considering stocks have gained roughly 15% from the lows hit last November, he added.

There were no major economic reports released Monday, but retail sales data, due Wednesday, could move the market.

Investors are keen to see whether the increased payroll tax, delayed tax refunds and higher gas prices have caused consumers to pull back on spending. February sales are expected to have risen 0.5%, according to economists polled by Briefing.com.

Wal-Mart (WMT, Fortune 500) warned last month that its February sales had been softer than expected.

On the corporate front Monday, shares of Dick's Sporting Goods (DKS, Fortune 500) fell more than 10% after the retailer reported earnings and sales that fell short of forecasts. The company also said it expected a sharp slowdown in same-store sales for the first quarter.

Shares of BlackBerry (BBRY) rallied nearly 14% as enthusiasm over the upcoming debut of its latest smartphone, the Z10, grew. AT&T (T, Fortune 500) said it would begin pre-orders on Tuesday.

Billionaire investor Carl Icahn signed a confidentiality agreement with Dell (DELL, Fortune 500)to review the PC maker's financial information, a move that could head off a showdown over Michael Dell's buyout.

Shares of Genworth Financial (GNW, Fortune 500) rose 6% after an article in Barron's called the stock undervalued.

General Electric (GE, Fortune 500) named former SEC chairman Mary Schapiro to its board of directors.

Related: Fear & Greed index moves deeper into extreme greed

Overseas, markets in Europe and Asia ended mixed.

The Nikkei rose modestly, extending this year's big rally. Japanese stocks have outperformed this year as investors welcome Tokyo's efforts to stimulate economic growth. But shares in China ended lower, dragged down by concerns over Chinese manufacturing.

The dollar rose against the British pound and the Japanese yen, but fell against the euro.

Oil prices dropped, while gold prices moved slightly higher.

The price on the 10-year Treasury edged lower, pushing the yield up to 2.06%.

Special thanks to Bloomberg, CNNMoney, Reuters and Yahoo! Finance for their market summaries. gm

Best Regards,
M.A. Perry
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body/bar analysis)
Image@ http://twitter.com/wrbtrader Image@ http://stocktwits.com/wrbtrader

http://www.thestrategylab.com
Phone: +1 708 572-4885
Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
Skype Messenger: kebec2002
questions@thestrategylab.com
Go Back To TheStrategyLab.com Homepage
Market Update