Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Post subject: June 1st Tuesday - Futures, ETFs and Forex Currencies
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:50 pm 
Trader / Forum Admin

#FuturesTrades is free along with being a serious professional trading chat room and any trader can use the chat room to post their trades or commentaries involving futures, exchange traded funds or forex currencies.

This is not a signal calling chat room nor is the chat room designed to be educational. #FuturesTrades is designed to be a trade journal for documentation purposes only so that members can have a time stamp archive of trades and market commentaries of each trading day so that they can better understand their broker statements from one trade to the next trade when they review their performance numbers on any given trading day. Yet, you will see members providing useful trading tips that may or may not help with your trading.

Therefore, we welcome all traders with their own methods or different perspective of the markets as long as they do not violate our Terms of Use (TOU) Policy.

Thanks for reading the trades or market commentaries that's below and it's highly recommend you make reading of the logs a part of your trading routine because you will sometimes find useful trading tips not discussed anywhere else online nor in any books.

Posted by M.A. Perry
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body analysis)

------------------------

Session Start: Tue Jun 01 09:28:23 2010
Session Ident: #FuturesTrades
[09:28] * Now talking in #FuturesTrades
[09:28] <@X> [NihabaAshi] Announcement: The new trade posting script v3.7 (replaces v3.6) is posted at your forum in the "Announcements" thread.
[09:28] <pat255> gm all
[09:28] <+pat255> data issues right off the bat :(
[09:29] <Time4now> gm
[09:29] <rickf> gm all
[09:34] <drt> gm everyone
[09:44] <+pat255> geez data problems is so frustrating :(
[09:53] <Inertia> gm
[09:53] <+Inertia> news in 7 min
[09:54] <@wrbtrader> Yes...big news because it's been hyped a few days last week.
[09:54] <@wrbtrader> Hopefully it brings in a lot of volatility
[09:54] <+rickf> surprising PA for the weekend's news
[09:57] <@wrbtrader> Shorts TF @ 653.20 -> small size
[09:57] <@wrbtrader> 3 only
[09:57] <@wrbtrader> Wow...
[09:57] <@wrbtrader> I'be been sitting hear watching the markets without any problems in my data.
[09:58] <@wrbtrader> As soon as I enter a trade all hell occurs with my data :(
[09:58] <+Time4now> now I'm getting data hickups too
[09:58] <+rickf> its a conspiracy
[09:59] <@wrbtrader> Covered all TF Short @ 651.90 --> + 1.3
[09:59] <@wrbtrader> sidelined...don't have access anymore to many of my key market charts :(
[09:59] <+rickf> :(
[10:02] <+drt> cant be exchange, fine here.
[10:02] <+rickf> ISM better than expected
[10:27] <+rickf> geez
[10:29] <+Time4now> I was looking for an entry at ~1010 but none showed that I would bite onto
[10:29] <+rickf> i was 1.5 points away from a long entry when ISM came out and the thing popped
[10:29] <+rickf> le sigh
[10:32] <+rickf> ES moving up on 'meh' volume I think .... on similar action down days, we're at 1.5M contracts by now
[10:32] <+rickf> i think
[10:33] <+rickf> oooh right - first trading day of the month. d'oh
[10:36] <+rickf> par-a-bolic
[10:36] <codehead> ack, was sitll gettign charts up, got NQ short 2 ticks form hod, exited too soon for a few ticks, was getting tick extreme alarm
[10:36] <+codehead> could be dbl top
[10:43] <+pat255> k i give up ..no luck .
[10:47] <+rickf> long es 1090.25 paper
[10:51] <+rickf> exit es 1990.75 +.50 paper
[10:51] <+rickf> :(
[10:51] <+rickf> back later
[10:56] <@X> #FuturesTrades Purpose -> Members use this room to document (trade journal) their trades and thoughts from one trade to the next trade because it provides critical information they can't get from broker statements nor statistics. Also, mimicking the trades by others is not recommended. More info about the chat room @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/ftchat/forum
[11:06] <+pat255> just watch & learn today ..
[11:09] <+codehead> long NQ 1866.50 <paper>
[11:09] <+codehead> 10 tick stop
[11:10] <+codehead> against the bigger frame trend, iffy
[11:12] <+codehead> exit NQ +.25 <paper>
[11:16] <@wrbtrader> Anybody having problems in viewing the website @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/
[11:16] <@wrbtrader> ?
[11:17] <+pat255> works heer
[11:17] <+Time4now> nope
[11:17] <@wrbtrader> thanks
[11:17] <+codehead> works for me
[11:29] <Tigerman> test
[11:30] <+Tigerman> just testing new pc
[11:31] <+Tigerman> exit now try later..
[12:00] <+rickf> back
[12:04] <Tigerman> hello all again
[12:05] <+Tigerman> some problem with my isp
[12:05] <+Tigerman> anyone can read my msg please? :)
[12:06] <+Inertia> y
[12:06] <+Tigerman> Thank you Inertia
[12:07] <+Tigerman> chat was in silence so worry my msg not go spread
[12:07] <+Tigerman> ok thanks
[12:10] <@wrbtrader> Shorts TF @ 649.70 -> small size
[12:10] <@wrbtrader> 1 only
[12:10] <@wrbtrader> still got data problems but will keep my position size to 1 contract because of such
[12:11] <@wrbtrader> Covered TF Short @ 650.20 --> - 0.5
[12:12] <@wrbtrader> Long TF @ 650.40 -> small size
[12:12] <@wrbtrader> 1 only
[12:15] <@wrbtrader> Exited TF Long @ 651.70 --> + 1.3
[12:20] <+Tigerman> OK data is OK now also I was able to see last wrbtrade
[12:20] <+Tigerman> nice one..
[12:20] <+Tigerman> I go see all next time :)
[12:23] <@X> #FuturesTrades Purpose -> Members use this room to document (trade journal) their trades and thoughts from one trade to the next trade because it provides critical information they can't get from broker statements nor statistics. Also, mimicking the trades by others is not recommended. More info about the chat room @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/ftchat/forum
[13:15] <+rickf> short es 1089.50 paper
[13:37] <+codehead> short 1872.50 NQ <paper>
[13:39] <+codehead> exit NQ +.25 <paper>
[13:39] <+codehead> need to do some things
[13:39] <+codehead> but signals trying to roll over short here
[13:53] <@X> #FuturesTrades Purpose -> Members use this room to document (trade journal) their trades and thoughts from one trade to the next trade because it provides critical information they can't get from broker statements nor statistics. Also, mimicking the trades by others is not recommended. More info about the chat room @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/ftchat/forum
[13:54] <+codehead> well, signal worked
[13:57] <+rickf> exit es 1088 +1.50 paper
[13:57] <+rickf> sheesh long hold :(
[13:59] <+codehead> nice
[13:59] <+rickf> ty
[13:59] <+rickf> was early into the trade and just chopped around
[14:00] <+rickf> thankfully i pretty much have learned to ride the chop out
[14:12] <+codehead> oil sure taning into close
[14:12] <+codehead> trying to bounce
[14:24] <+codehead> hm, ES low was exactly .500
[14:24] <+codehead> i noticed before that in the earlier bounce, didn't quite make it there
[14:39] <+rickf> bad t-storms here in dc right now :(
[15:06] <+rickf> short es 1084.25 paper
[15:12] <+Time4now> reaction low support fai
[15:12] <+Time4now> l
[15:13] <+rickf> exit es 1084 +.25 stopped paper
[15:20] <+rickf> short es 1082 paper
[15:21] <+Time4now> good looking drop
[15:22] <+rickf> exit es 1078.25 +3.75 paper
[15:23] <@X> #FuturesTrades Purpose -> Members use this room to document (trade journal) their trades and thoughts from one trade to the next trade because it provides critical information they can't get from broker statements nor statistics. Also, mimicking the trades by others is not recommended. More info about the chat room @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/ftchat/forum
[15:25] <+rickf> not chasing ... did 4 good trades today
[15:26] <+Time4now> are you paper possitive?
[15:26] <+rickf> today? yes
[15:26] <+Time4now> long term
[15:26] <+Time4now> ?
[15:26] <+rickf> i trade paper when i am trying new stuff out
[15:26] <+Time4now> alright
[15:26] <+rickf> so i don't track LT performance per se -- it's my 'sandbox'
[15:27] <+Time4now> good idea
[15:30] <+rickf> i am considering a LT short options position on the 20 yr Treasuries ....going out to 2012
[15:38] <+Inertia> 2day was one of my worst trading days in a very long time.
[15:38] <+rickf> :(
[15:38] <+Inertia> broke almost all the rules and paid 4 it
[15:38] <+Inertia> real not sim :((
[15:39] <+rickf> :((
[15:39] <+Inertia> not a large amount but it hurts nevertheless
[15:39] <+Time4now> I hate breaking my rules and paying forit
[15:39] <+Inertia> :)
[15:39] <+Inertia> I haven't figured out how does this happen
[15:39] <+Inertia> b/c it just happens
[15:40] <+rickf> human nature
[15:40] <+rickf> we all do it
[15:40] <+Inertia> while I am doing the stupidities I am aware of them (somewhat) but I ignore them and I go into HOPE MODE
[15:40] <+Inertia> it would not cross my mind 2 break the rules in other fields
[15:41] <+Inertia> except for the speed limit :))
[15:42] <+Inertia> if i get somewhere faster that means that I will drive less and use less gas
[15:48] <+rickf> Criminal investigation into BP now
[15:52] <+Inertia> r they going to cross examine the gas bubble tht caused the explosion?
[15:53] <+rickf> dunno
[15:53] <+rickf> i was tracking them as possible strong dividend payer for a longterm holding ... not anymore!
[15:54] <+Inertia> BP shares can b bought @ almost 50% off
[15:54] <+Inertia> it's an explosive sale
[15:55] <+rickf> yeah i know ... may sell some puts or nibble, but it's more of a spec play for me now
[15:55] <+Inertia> one of the geniuses on CNBC said that it is a good deal under 45
[15:55] <+rickf> and that's all i will say on it -- wrbtrader doesn't like stock talk here.
[15:55] <+rickf> :)
[15:55] <+Inertia> it is 36 and change now
[15:55] <+rickf> CNBC is the Cartoon Bear Not Competent channel
[15:55] <+rickf> Cartoon Not Bearish Channel
[15:56] <+Inertia> as I said many times b4 - it is an entertainment show
[15:56] <+Inertia> with Cramer the head clown
[15:56] <+Inertia> and Cudlow in 2nd place
[15:57] <+Inertia> but they were 2gether 4 a while
[15:57] <+Inertia> until their ego could not handle the union any more
[15:58] <+rickf> yup
[16:00] <+rickf> ding
[16:00] <+Inertia> TF closed the gap from 4 days ago
[16:03] <+rickf> ok guys see you tomorrow
[16:11] <@wrbtrader> I did very little trading today...too much data problems and I decided to use my time testing private groups on twitter.
[16:11] <@wrbtrader> take care all and see all tomorrow
[16:11] * wrbtrader is now known as wrbtrader_away
[16:16] <pdays> Shorts NQ @ 1848.75
[16:17] <+pdays> Covered all NQ Short @ 1847.25 --> + 1.5
[16:50] <@X> #FuturesTrades Purpose -> Members use this room to document (trade journal) their trades and thoughts from one trade to the next trade because it provides critical information they can't get from broker statements nor statistics. Also, mimicking the trades by others is not recommended. More info about the chat room @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/ftchat/forum
Session Close: Tue Jun 01 22:15:07 2010

-------------------------

#FuturesTrades is free and is a serious professional trading chat room in which any trader can use the chat room to post their trades or commentaries involving futures, exchange traded funds or forex currencies. Simply, you don't need to be a client of TheStrategyLab.com to use the chat room nor do you need to be a price action only trader (no indicators) because some members use indicators while others do not.

Therefore, we welcome all traders with their own methods and different perspective of the markets. To gain access to #FuturesTrades...please follow the instructions at the below link.

http://www.thestrategylab.com/ftchat/forum/viewforum.php?f=5

The purpose of #FuturesTrades is that it's designed to be a trade journal for documentation purposes only so that members can have a time stamp archive of trades and market commentaries of each trading day so that they can better understand their broker statements from one trade to the next trade when they review their performance numbers on any given trading day.

Further, members are not obligated to educate nor help other members but members are encourage to ask questions about any trades or market commentaries that's posted by others.

In addition, our primary job in the free chat room is to moderate the room (keep the peace) because with so many members using different methods along with different opinions about the market...debates or arguments can easily flare up without moderating. In addition, our presence in the chat room is to ensure it's a spam free chat room during trading although these archived chat logs may contain advertisments for guest visitors. More information about #FuturesTrades @ http://www.thestrategylab.com/FuturesTradesChatRoom.htm

Commonly discussed trading instruments from futures, exchange traded funds and forex currencies:

Image CME Emini Futures EMD, ES and NQ

Image ICE Emini TF Futures (formerly CME ER2)

Image CBOT mini-sized Dow Futures YM

Image Eurex Index Derivatives (futures) DAX and DJ Euro Stoxx50

Image Eurex Fixed Income Derivatives (futures) BUND, BOBL and Schatz

Image Euronext Futures FTSE-100 and CAC-40

Image CME Futures EuroFX 6E and EC

Image Treasury Futures T-Notes ZT, ZN, ZF and T-Bonds ZB

Image Forex Currencies GBPUSD, EurUsd, EurYen and UsdCdn

Image Exchange Traded Funds VXX, DIA, IWM, QQQQ, SPY, BGU, FAS, FAZ, TNA, OIH, XLE and GLD

Image NYMEX Energy Futures Light Crude Oil CL, e-miNY QM and Natural Gas NG

Image COMEX Metal Futures Gold GC, mini-Gold YG, Copper HG and Silver SI

Image Hang Seng Index Futures HSI and mini-Hang Seng MHI

Also, to prevent the usual mix-up about our different chat rooms, most of our fee-base clients do not use chat rooms just like most retail traders do not use chat rooms. Yet, the few clients that do use chat rooms, our fee-base clients are discussing market analysis or trade signals via concepts from our strategies in the private chat rooms called #VolatilityTradingTSL or #SwingTradingTSL and they're not allowed to do such in #FuturesTrades.

Reminder, our Terms of Use (TOU) Policy is a must read to prevent any misunderstandings along with revealing that #FuturesTrades is a serious professional trading chat room and we expect members to act professional. Also, these logs may have been edited (rarely) to remove any messages that a member has complained to me via private message that they consider a particular commentary to be inappropriate, offending or too far in the off topic area that's a distraction when the commentary was posted.

Note: All logs regardless to their location at TheStrategyLab.com website are eastern standard time.

Best Regards,
M.A. Perry
Trader and Founder of WRB Analysis (wide range body analysis)
Image@ http://twitter.com/wrbtrader or http://stocktwits.com/wrbtrader

Phone: +1 708 572-4885
Business Hours: 8am - 5pm est (Mon - Fri)
Skype Messenger: kebec2002
questions@thestrategylab.com
Go Back To TheStrategyLab.com Homepage

Profile E-mail